Smartsheet

Smartsheet

(1,012)

Smartsheet is an intuitive online project management and collaboration tool. It has a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, coupled with file sharing & workflow.

Work for Smartsheet?

Learning about Smartsheet?

Smartsheet Reviews

Ask Smartsheet a Question
Showing 1,012 Smartsheet reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Smartsheet
AB
Administrator in Banking

What Project Management solution do you use?

Gertie Jerry B.

"Execute your projects with greater agility, manage it with the best current platform"

What do you like best?

I love the speed with which I have time to organize projects and insert them into the spreadsheet that I use to gain a lot of time, I had the good experience that I had to manage the main resources before starting to develop a project as was the subject bonus, the necessary workforce and a quick way to get it was to create a Gantt chart to show the project route, the tool is very easy to use and implement, as well as collaborative when it comes to making serious administrative decisions . I really like its ability to notify and in a solid and timely manner, it allows me to plan and develop several tasks in a collaborative way, being the most effective team and meeting the needs of our clients.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it lacks formulas in the worksheets that it already has predetermined at the beginning, and that I consider basic and indispensable for the calculation of investment projects, and I am annoyed by the notifications that arrive at every moment to my work email.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ideal to work in collaboration with your projects, very broad and complete in everything related to project management and serve to be more organized with your team.

He helped me a lot with the collaboration and the effective and quick participation in several investment projects that depended on my position, it is a tool that helps me to see projects in real time and meet the stipulated time, collaborates individually and helps collectively my team I helped him track his tasks remotely or in person, and made the administration develop quickly and easily.

Adreanna H.

"Good for keeping track of jobs"

What do you like best?

Everyone in the office can be using it at the same time, and its a great to manage projects and collaborate with people in the field. It has really helped us take control of scheduling issues.

What do you dislike?

If you're working in the same sheet as someone, your changes may not always save. The app is also not the most user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch all of the training videos! It is so much easier to navigate once you do the training, and there is a video or article to answer just about every question.

It has helped us to not overbook our crews, it also helps keep track of the stages of multi tier projects. We have multiple sheets that we use for different tasks. We keep track of almost everything here- back charges, when a job is ready to be billed, extra cost on jobs, what crews are scheduled, and forecasting.

Harold David D.

"Ideal to manage and prepare me for the work flow and internal collaboration."

What do you like best?

It is very useful, and above all, it collaborates a lot in the work teams, I express it for the experiences, because smartsheet has several templates for project budgets and their administration, and that reduces many expenses, and unnecessary costs that are made within each project, I like how you can assign specific tasks to the work team, I love your board that brings default to be a user, because it has a very attractive presentation, it is a tool that serves so that the managers of different projects, we keep ourselves communicated in Real time and know what plans and activities will be applied during the week.

What do you dislike?

It is a very broad product and covers many departments within the company, and I do not like having the time to fully explore all its features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a spectacular software and quite useful, to follow up not only one project, but several at the same time, it will help you to keep your work team up to date with the events within the projects.

Improved communication immediately, and more when several projects have been started and the whole team needs to keep in touch, so that everyone is aware of what is happening within the project plan, it helps me to be able to follow up on all the active projects within the company, despite being from different departments because it offered me a broad and general view of all those projects and so know what tasks could be assigned to employees and know what load they already had and what they did not, they would know in that they could collaborate in that the project and products would be finished in the predetermined time.

Noah Luis B.

"speed and efficiency in a single platform that collaborates and manages tasks within our company"

What do you like best?

really is an interesting tool and I like it very much because when we use it we discover a great help to plan, develop and carry out different tasks and managements for an effective collaboration and achieve the objectives proposed within our business, always looking to improve our work and meet the needs of customers, all this now with Smartsheet is a simple and easy task thanks to the interface it offers.

What do you dislike?

the large number of notifications that are received are usually annoying, however it is nothing special or diminishes the great possibilities that this tool offers us to maximize the achievements in terms of content management and collaboration.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it is a platform that gives any company or business the great opportunity to innovate and perform tasks consistently, reliably and safely. It is also excellent to obtain information of the best quality, access it and manage it in order to perform an excellent job of planning and collaboration

the benefits that this tool has given us are different, I have personally implemented it in my work and it has brought me great advantages for the management of projects such as seeing in real time what is being managed and in this way at the moment who needs to extract the necessary information through reports and panels, has allowed me to commit more to the members of my work with the tasks in question and especially I have been able to minimize the margin of error that we committed during the manual works. I consider it to be an excellent platform because it has given me the benefit of being able to integrate other tools and applications in order to carry out my work in conjunction with the team in the most efficient way for the satisfaction of the company and especially of the clients. since the experience of working with different systems is easy.

Sofia Lucia S.

"excellent option for project management"

What do you like best?

is a tool of great help for project management, especially because it facilitates collaboration in real time, which makes it a good option since this feature together with the different integrated functions allow to obtain very good results before planning, development , administration and absolute control of the projects in management that are desired. It is also attractive software in terms of its implementation and use from mobile devices and tablets because it allows access anywhere and anytime, without the need to be seated in front of a desk.

What do you dislike?

the only thing that at times caused me frustration was the fact that it does not offer a vision or comparative sample of the changes that are generated in the Gantt chart, otherwise I have no complaints about this useful and efficient tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it is an excellent and optimal option for the management of projects, starting from that it allows to save time of work that with other applications we needed to invest, also personally since its implementation I consider that it is the best mix that exists between different tools that I have previously known as Excel, Microsoft Project, Survey Monkey and others, because with the design of Gantt diagrams it takes even more advantages, as well as the opportunity to automate requests for updates, tasks, alerts and reminders of great importance.

is an application that has allowed to reinforce the collaborative work in teams that have a large number of members, also becoming a tool of great power for the organization of tasks as we can create a list, also manage in a more structured and efficient way of customers, sales, processes or business events of the company. as an end user it offers great options in its toolbar that allows us to present our work in a clear and simple way. Among the problems I have solved is to create a template from scratch, customized according to the needs and objectives, because in other opportunities had to work with predetermined templates that sometimes did not meet what was sought.

Joey R.

"You will drink the Smartsheet koolaid and love it!"

What do you like best?

SmartSheet is like a cross between Excel, MS Project, Survey Monkey, SharePoint and Outlook. You are only limited by your imagination as to design and flexibility. The return on investment is crazy. I originally used it for one performance system project that would take 3 full days to prepare. Using SmartSheet, I can now do the same process in 4 hours start to finish with better accuracy and more reports including dashboards for real time data visualization and sharing with unlimited partners.

What do you dislike?

Formal training is a little costly - and it is cloud based so there are connectivity issues on occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The beauty and time savings of SmartSheet comes in to play when you think out the entire process before designing a new sheet. Using the reports, dashboards and the Actions & Alerts will significantly increase your productivity. It is not Access so you can only use it for small databases (sheet row limit is 5000)

We use SmartSheet for project management, data collection, grant reporting, Ticket tracking, embedding into websites, new employee orientation checklists, and more

Susan C.

"Smartsheet is a 'solutions' factory"

What do you like best?

As a PM, I really like the team collaboration; team comfortable in Excel can easily adapt to Smartsheets; Smartsheets can feed PowerBi; and their budget template nicely auto-rolls up data to reporting.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit of a stretch to call their reminders and alerts a true 'workflow'. That is the least that I expect from a workflow. On my independent contractor side, I am VERY disappointed that their account restrictions make it so expensive for small businesses to access all the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Smartsheet has come a long way in the last year to add some serious spreadsheet and data needs. They will need to up their game if they want a market share beyond this.

Smartsheets helps us overcome static and siloed work and data. Executive reporting access anywhere. It can get new projects to their feet fast without leaving any team members behind.

Emerson D.

"Strong organizational tool for those not using Google docs"

What do you like best?

Smartsheet is sort of like Excel enhanced with organizational capabilities. If you're comfortable with spreadsheets and you need an easy-to-use interface for organization, tracking, and task-mastering, it's a good program. It will work best for those who love working with spreadsheets and want to try some extra features and get the rest of the team into the game. There's a lot of satisfaction in using the clock-shaped dots to track tasks through to completion.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't integrate as well as Google Docs and it lacks the capabilities and ease of use associated with more robust project management software such as Basecamp or Slack. If you hate spreadsheets and your eyes glaze over, it's not going to change that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you like spreadsheets, you'll love Smartsheet.

It's been highly effective in managing complex and detailed projects, especially involving more than one team or department.

Martin R.

"A sleek platform for managing projects and data collaboratively"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to work on and save sheets in real-time. Multiple users can log in and update a variety of data sets. We can view and update the status for particular tasks and view our sheets in several different views, such as Gantt, calendar and card. It's great to be able to generate charts from our data that can be used for presentations and other business purposes. There are many templates that we can use to get us started on sheets.

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit high per user. I don't think it's really worth it for smaller businesses with few employees. The overall platform isn't difficult to use, but going to that next level and really leveraging Smartsheet's capabilities can be complicated and confusing. The user interface isn't bad, but I feel like there could be spacing improvements to make it more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're working with a large group and/or have to manage lots of data and projects activities, I think Smartsheet is a great solution to keep everyone involved and up to date. The pricing may not be worth it if you plan to use basic spreadsheet functionality that you can get from other lower cost spreadsheet applications.

Smartsheet has been a solid platform for keeping everyone in tuned to project activities and deadlines. Rather than sending emails around, we can use the Smartsheet platform to connect to project data in real time and get projects moving forward more quickly and efficiently. Most of the people I work with interact with the Smartsheet platform often. I feel that it gets people motivated to finish tasks and is a good accountability tool.

Ben B.

"Solid, Basic, and Reasonably Priced Project Management site"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, simple gui, robust notification capabilities, easy to collaborate w/ others. It's great way to quickly build a gantt-like chart to show project pathway, identify dependencies, set timelines, and milestones, etc. It also allows the integration of some form controls like radio buttons, checkboxes, and dropdowns. You can configure these controls such that when they are manipulated (and in a certain way), that they can then trigger notification actions. This helps automate the progression, or at least initiation, of many tasks within projects and shorten the gap that may otherwise occur while waiting for humans to deem a task as completed, etc.

What do you dislike?

I believe Smartsheet is supposed to be a basic Project Management software that emphasizes simplicity and collaboration with other team members -- and I say "basic" as in "compared to full-fledged, more advanced products like MS Project, etc. However, Smartsheet presents itself in a format or layout very similar to a spreadsheet. Yet, it lacks basic spreadsheet functions and abilities such as formulas and formatting features that other spreadsheets seem to have as a minimum -- Excel, Google Sheets, Open Office. I do wish Smartsheet offered the ability to do Resource Management. It would nice to incorporate this important element when considering project pathways and timelines.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None.

The ability to track multiple projects and their progress while sharing and collaborating with other team members. Smartsheet served this specialized purpose very well.

Amy R.

"Smartsheet is an Organized Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

We use Smartsheet to manage all types of projects in a professional manner. Smartsheet is a user-friendly tool that is very easy to implement. It is not a complicated project management software because I learnt how to use and manage it on my own. Smartsheet's support team is also amazing.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike the features and capabilities of Smartsheet. Smartsheet offers us the best project management services and makes everything easy when we are at the field. No cons.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Smartsheet is incredible and I can recommend the tool to other individuals because it will help them handle or manage crucial projects in an organized manner. Smartsheet is affordable and friendly. No programming skills needed.

Smartsheet is an organized tool that suits our requirements.

Smartsheet's spreadsheet-like interface is easy to understand. We rely on it for file sharing and for managing projects professionally.

Beth B.

"Smartsheet is Amazing!"

What do you like best?

If Microsoft Project and Excel had a baby, it might look like Smartsheet. All of the spreadsheet functionality, but with so much more! You can have all team members edit/update/view timelines, project plans, tasks, etc. without having a license. This allows for full collaboration and visibility. You can also automate update requests, alerts, and reminders. And, you can build out dashboards with real-time data.

What do you dislike?

Smartsheet is still growing, so there is additional functionality that it could use. If you want to do a lot of sorting and filtering on data, it's still easier to export to Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I whole-heartedly recommend Smartsheet. The collaborative capabilities and dashboarding are phenomenal. The functionality is very intuitive and easy to use. Unless you need extreme resource tracking, Smartsheet is much easier and better to use.

We are able to provide project oversight as well as portfolio management using Smartsheet. We have dashboards with real-time data available to all of our executives down to our individual contributors. We have saved a huge amount of time by tracking all of our projects in Smartsheet because we have all of the data in one place that is always up-to-date.

Matthew V.

"Smartsheet is VERY user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that because it is based in excel, you can still use formulas, but the extra functionality makes it even better

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, they are working on being able to assign two owners to a task or event whereas right now you can only assign one - when that gets implemented, it will be hard to find much that we dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anybody considering smartsheet should talk to a current user and go through the demo process with smartsheet to see what the capabilities are and how easy it is to implement and use

We are finding new problems to solve everyday. The first problem we solved was getting our field employees moved off of paper and to electronic project management - all information at their fingertips. And then we built reports on our main sheet so that we can make sure we can get to the right information at the right time. Since then we have started using it for recruiting, marketing, budgeting, business development, and we also are tracking safety, training, and employee development specifically using the web form functionality.

Jesse B.

"Great PM tool!! Simple, Effective and not overpriced!"

What do you like best?

Smart sheet is a great simple PM tool for task management, milestones and road-mapping. There are clean integrations to Microsoft Office and Teams. The alert system also works very well and you have the ability to integrate with AD and JIRA!

What do you dislike?

Smartsheet models itself after Microsoft Office Project. It gets about 60% of the way there. There is a limit to the customizable fields and sometime the advanced options in MS project are just what you need. If you live in the PM world every day and MS project may be better, but if you come and go and manage only a few routine efforts. This is enough!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need to add more custom tools and continue to allow for custom calendars, dependancies, labeling and predecessors.

Solving PM tracking for teams who do just a few project but are not full PM's. This tool is a great middle ground and easy to understand.

Jeff N.

"Excel on steroids. However, Smartsheet has turned into Slowsheet."

What do you like best?

End-user development. This is an online spreadsheet, a 21st Century version of Excel on steroids. As a spreadsheet it allows very flexible form & function, the most flexible I've ever seen in an app. I'm also impressed by how well this company executes its vision. It's solid. I've only needed tech support once and I got a reply within 3 hours.

What do you dislike?

Slowest app to load, sometimes takes several reloads for app to become available. Slower than any other app I use. Downtime for maintenance. Have to log back in after maintenance. Adertisement banners appearing across top of page more and more. Can't merge cells. Did I mention it's s-l-o-o-o-o-w?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider Airtable as well.

Many. Smartsheet is a smart online spreadsheet, so I use it anywhere I need to create custom tables, lists, or spreadsheets.

Myriam G.

"SmartSheet is in fact pretty smart"

What do you like best?

You can really choose how you wish to organize your content. If you like setting priorities, or colour coding, or different views compared from list views to card views for status.

I like how you can access it at home, because we often have a good work from home policy.

It is clear and obvious as to what the priorities are when classifying the importance.

We can also customize it to how one individual prefers, so everyone can set their own layout as they wish.

What do you dislike?

It's not very visual, which is my only complaint. I am a very visual person and would prefer to have some hierarchy in terms color contrast, playing with type weights etc. Also it does not update in real time you must remember to refresh to see changes. You can see when other people are viewing the sheet - like Google Docs, and your work is saved even if you refresh after, but we tend to write similar comments and then delete after because we have the same thought.

Collaborative project management, people can add in their current tasks and comment on others. We realized that the benefits are that we can work on SmartSheet outside of our company network, and is accessible anywhere with wifi.

Leigh Ann L.

"Takes organization and planning to new heights"

What do you like best?

The best part about Smartsheet is the options of sheets. Gannt charts are the most traditional way to manage a project but with Smartsheet you are not limited to that. Card view makes for a great meeting.

What do you dislike?

Smartsheet can be very complex if you don't have any training with it. Sometimes, it feels like you need a class just to be able to use it.

Smartsheet has taken my project management to a new and more visible level. I can show others what I am doing and they can collaborate to the level that i allow them to. It is good to get feedback from others and to be able to see just how much they have accomplished. Helps delegate tasks in a way that everyone involved knows just how far everyone else has gotten with their tasks.

Megan G.

"Amazing tool if you manage a team that handles multiple projects!"

What do you like best?

What I love best about Smartsheet is that I can create dashboards and reports to see all sheets at a glance. I have five direct reports who manage at least 10-15 sheets at a time, so this makes it very easy to keep up with all moving parts. I also like that our account manager is reachable when we have questions or would like a demo on certain features or functions we are not using, but plan to.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that I dislike any part of Smartsheet right now. I only see benefits. I wish that there was more info on how we can better integrate it with some of our APIs like SFDC, Cvent or Marketo. There might be that info out there, but I am not aware of it or not looking in the right spot.

Communication with multiple team members on multiple projects. Live, real-time updates. Easy formulas for expense reporting and tracking. We have also seamlessly integrated this with American Express Travel as a way of eliminating multiple email threads daily. It makes us more efficient.

Joshua M.

"Smartsheets is an Incredibly Efficient Cloud-Based Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I really like how fast smartsheets is as a service. As a cloud-based platform, smartsheets is incredibly easy to learn, effective to manage, and easy to integrate into other business services.

What do you dislike?

The column and row limits are by far the most taxing part about smartsheets. One can quite quickly run out of space and need to create a new sheet to connect with the first smartsheet in order to continue working effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Smartsheets is a fantastic cloud-based project management tool that enables users to easily create effective project plans. I would keep the row and column limits in mind when deciding how to create sheets.

Project management is significantly more effective with this platform. Our team has significantly enjoyed how easy smartsheets is to use.

Chris M.

"Smartsheet is great, but only for certain use cases"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Smartsheet provides alerts, approvals & actions workflows built into the application. This is handy and can be established in templates to provide some consistency. I'm also a fan of the Charts implementation. If only the Dashboards were better they'd really shine.

What do you dislike?

The project management functionality is honestly woeful. Before it can be considered as a true Project & Portfolio Management tool, there are some fundamental gaps that need to be addressed. At this stage, if you are running more than a few projects, have professional PMs in your employ or have a global team, then look elsewhere.

Locales are practically useless, as everything is treated as UTC. If any changes are made (e.g. new sheet, row, or updated cell), depending on where you are it can show up as the previous (or even next day) because it assumes you are at (UTC 0). I'm in UTC +10 so if I make changes at 8 AM, it's recorded as yesterday. Not good enough for project management or any reporting I've ever been involved in.

Smartsheet also ignores anything other than US date formats in some situations. Even if I set up my profile (and locale), it sometimes still assumes that 9/5/18 means 5th September, instead of 9th May. You can see how that would be a problem in reports :-(

Throw in the inability to set project baselines, associate more than one resource to a task, create programs of work without having to reconfigure the very expensive Control Center add-on and the need to occasionally manually refresh dashboard data and it's certainly not a product I'd recommend to anyone looking for a serious project management tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd definitely review the Smartsheet Community website before going ahead. Read what others are saying, what is missing, the direction Smartsheet are headed in and weigh this up against what you're looking to get out of a tool like this.

Smartsheet is embedded in our company. There are many people using Smartsheet to record and disseminate a lot of data, so it's difficult to quantify or qualify realised value. But I really do not see anything that could not be accomplished with Office 365, Power BI and SharePoint (which we already have). Throw in Project Server (about the same cost as Smartsheet Control Center) and you have a much better solution.

Alicia V.

"If you use shared spreadsheets in your company, you need SmartSheet"

What do you like best?

I looove that multiple people can be in a spreadsheet at the same time, updating their respective pieces, without having to save and close every time someone else needs to access it. Plus, if you're in it at the same time as someone else and they update it, it notifies you so that you can refresh and see what's new!

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about it, yet. It's easy to use, intuitive, user-friendly, and an excellent tool for our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your company uses spreadsheets for anything, I highly recommend SmartSheet. It's collaborative, real-time functionality is a must for any business!

My company is global, so SmartSheet allows team members all across the world to utilize the same data. It's a great tool, especially, for tracking workflow steps that many people are involved in. We can get on a conference call and review the status of things while anyone can simultaneously be updating it as we talk.

Bill H.

"Ultra User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Ultra user friendly - very quick to set up new solutions and on-board new users - any one can use it. Collect data via simple webforms in a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, its 100% fit for purpose. Would be nice if there was the option to link sheets as relational databases. Like most software vendors they quietly move features up the subscription ladder, but its basically good value.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go - a ten sheet subscription is not expensive and you upgrade or downgrade any time.

Smartsheet is an ultra user friendly tool to plug gaps in existing software and processes. Even if you intend to fix those gaps its so quick to set up and on-board new users that it makes an excellent interim solution. As permanent solutions we have a company diary on smartsheet, use it for KPI tracking and for project to-do lists. Using it as a personal to-do list with the mobile app is v good.

John B.

"Smartsheet boasts our productivity"

What do you like best?

We like how easy it is to share documents with our team and the ability to access the information from any device (laptop, phone, tablet) and from anywhere. Excel and Project files import seamlessly and are simple to use.

What do you dislike?

The ability to format documents isn't quite where we'd like it to be. It has good aspects, such as conditional formatting, etc., but some of the more advanced formatting and the ability to filter around these is lacking. Graphing is not where it should be either. Also, we like Excel's format of multiple tabs in a workbook. There is probably similar functionality in Smartsheet using workspaces, etc. - need to look into that more!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use and reap the benefits of collaboration - take some of the training though. There is a lot of functionality built in and it isn't always obvious!

Project tracking is great - easy to set up and use. It doesn't have the industrial strength of MS Project but, in some ways that is the advantage. It is intuitive to use and easy to navigate. We track consulting projects, internal projects, and client deliverables - really saves us a lot of time.

"Smartsheet has potential but still falls short"

What do you like best?

I like how you can have a spreadsheet type of tool online with SmartSheet. I think at its core it is really a spreadsheet for project management to help manage your organizations projects and resources. It does help simplify some of the tasks for any PMO office of any size and has some API integrations but it doesn't really grow beyond its spreadsheet roots.

What do you dislike?

I've experienced so much latency using the tool at times and it becomes worst if you use Microsoft Edge. Not sure why they won't thrown in their Dashboard suite as a standard feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need something to help you with managing projects for your organization, Smartsheet can fit the bill but I think there are other alternatives for your organizations money. I mean, you can pretty much create an online Excel spreadsheet that you can collaborate in real time as well then link that to Power BI for dashboards.

Very nice to have a collaboration tool to see what projects are lined up. Gives a lot of transparency on what's happening in the organization

Hassan S.

"Smartsheet Review by HSiddiqui"

What do you like best?

I am working with a worldwide group of associates frequently chipping away at a similar record. SmartSheet, being an electronic synergistic apparatus makes it easy to delegate and track undertakings, assign assets, and regulate spending plan in a succinct structure. The straightforwardness in this device is praiseworthy as one can see movement logs and track changes. It is certainly solid, has a basic UI, adaptability in capacity, offers ongoing information following through dashboards and preparing extra teammates is uncomplicated. I cherish how SmartSheet offers a ground-breaking restrictive arranging highlight, representation of information that is editable and printable for introductions and has a spreadsheet-like interface (like Excel) yet is direct, not normal for its partners.

What do you dislike?

upkeep work of G2 don't generally line up with our calendar, and we need to work around that. One trait that can be improved is the choice of turning on auto-spare, rather than physically sparing the record.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would very prescribe SmartSheet for groups who are searching for venture the board programming that requires least preparing with most extreme yield.

Not at all like its primary rival MS Project, SmartSheet is fit for following ongoing work process wherein changes made by one individual can be reflected over the whole group in a moment. It works stupendously on a scope of working frameworks (I use it on iOS too) and has demonstrated to be a firm stage to envision venture information continuously, across the board place for all significant colleagues to view and take a shot at.

Alberto D.

"'' Smartsheet '' making our important projects come true."

What do you like best?

What I like most about this great platform is that it is a very useful tool, the ease of keeping all the projects individually and being able to collaborate with all the actors of the project is something quite versatile for this tool, as everything has its limitations but in general for our projects it works excellent. Putting comments, uploading files and receiving notifications is something that helps you keep track of important details. We use it at the corporate level, we can share projects and information in all locations and work in an integrated manner. It allows the efficient management of the project portfolio.

What do you dislike?

There is no automatic save function. In addition, it can be complicated to keep track of comments, issues, etc. of all. It would be great if you could create a function that indicates when a segment was last updated, and the more information you have, the slower the file becomes, and it can be very time consuming to operate with large databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to all people this great and wonderful platform, it has facilitated the management of projects collaboratively and in real time. It is paid and works by subscription, with different packages of possible functionalities. Compatible with Google Apps and CRM SalesForce, it is also integrated with Box. Being online, it works with any operating system that is installed on the computer, be it Windows, MacOS or Linux. You can also work from mobile devices and tablets. In addition, its interactive features make customization easy, and the use of conditional formats to highlight tasks or status levels with different colors also contribute to this.

We use this tool to manage projects in various areas, its ease in design, a variety of tools, and simplicity in use, make it easy to implement in any equipment, which benefits us a lot as a company.

We are also using as an annex to software or systems that do not give us the versatility that it has. I have also solved a lot of problems, since my technical training was very little and it was not necessary because it consists of a great variety of tools that facilitate us the use and execution of this.

Laxmiraju K.

"Nice project management tool"

What do you like best?

an excel like tool, with nice status roll up to a dashboard which has lot of key details like current week accomplishments, next week activities, percentage completion of project, milestones, budget, risks/issues and at risk tasks and many more. These details can be directly pulled from project plan which is the backbone of smart sheet. Also, it has document repository with project plan.

What do you dislike?

Project, program search option is not available

Program Management, Project Management with a dashboard view.

Nice status roll up to a dashboard which has lot of key details like current week accomplishments, next week activities, percentage completion of project, milestones, budget, risks/issues and at risk tasks and many more

alejandro g.

"'' smartsheet '' more than a tool, an ally."

What do you like best?

There are several tools on the Internet similar to smartsheet but none like Smartsheet. This tool is very useful and simple to use, unlike the others, it can make all the members of the team edit, update, see timelines, project plans, tasks and other varieties of functions and the best thing is that they can automate the update requests, alerts and records.

What do you dislike?

Until now I have no complaints about this tool, otherwise it has benefited me too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend 100% to Smartsheet since it is a very useful and effective tool when executing our work projects. The collaboration capabilities and the dashboard are very good, and the functionality is very intuitive and easy to use. It stores documents and files from Google. Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and more.

smartsheet enabled me to provide project supervision and made it easy for me to move from idea to work, Smartsheet allows business users to configure, adapt and quickly improve their work processes to accelerate execution as well, it benefits me because it minimizes human errors, manual processes and risks managing work at scale. Ensures consistent execution and enables portfolio reports with operational controls and automation.

JOHAN T.

"Your projects organized correctly"

What do you like best?

Its great features make my work easier because it keeps all my projects sorted by date and person who must realize any planned objective, it is very easy to execute and super comfortable, since its design makes the work more fun and less complex.

What do you dislike?

I am a little disconcerted by the cost of this service since it seems to me that it is a bit expensive but everything is fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it is a very complete project manager and easy to execute, you get great benefits since it orders everything in spreadsheets and so you can have your projects organized and offers much more.

I have beneits of this interface since my partners can edit or add information in real time, it is so easy to execute it that any member of the company can do it easily if they have training, to others it is possible for tasks to be ordered by deadline , priority or according to the person who must perform them.

Chase M.

"Smartsheet is a competent resource that can be used by large and small businesses alike"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ease in collaboration. We work on several large construction projects and the collaboration aspect has helped our productivity. There are many different file formats that can be added to "Workspace" which is helpful when sharing with multiple departments. They seem to constantly be updating the software with new features which is encouraging to us.

What do you dislike?

Licenses are too expensive for the product. We also utilize a Corporate Google Drive with unlimited storage. To me, collaborating on the Google drive are more functional due the vast array of apps. For our company's purposes, it seems to me that this product could easily be replaced by a cheaper productivity software (via the Google apps store).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The product is simple and easy to use. It does have limitations on what it can do and can be irritating when a large number of individuals are contributing the same document. We are comparing this software to Google that updates in real time with multiple users contributing to the same document. This would be a very helpful feature to add to this product.

We are a charter school district with 74 campuses. We have several large projects occurring at the same time. Smartsheet is largely what our construction and real estate teams utilize as a productivity software. We have been using the software for 2 years and the departments that currently use Smartsheet on a daily basis are happy with the results.

Tony C.

"Productivity booster"

What do you like best?

I adore making a workspace for the majority of my sheets together in one spot identified with an undertaking. It makes it simpler to impart the right reports to the fundamental gatherings. You can arrange the sheets, reports, and associations between sheets all around effectively. Furthermore, it incorporates with a great deal of different SAAS items, incorporating SSO with G Suite. I cherish that you can dole out assignments with due dates, Everyone can see the sheet on the double, make live alters or simply see mode. I like that it by and large stays up with the latest.

What do you dislike?

I figure the filtering could use some work. For a ton of data,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Invest some energy becoming more acquainted with every one of the highlights. in the event that somebody can coach you it makes a difference. Such a long way to go!

I am helping our between division correspondence with this program. I am ready to find progressively what the creation world is doing, what new discharges are turning out soon, and do likewise on my end for other people. Simple to give detailing and following of activities. Love that you can send cautions to partners as updates are made.

eduardo p.

"'' Smartsheet '' the application that changed the way of working."

What do you like best?

What I like about smartsheet is that it is an application that helps us to manage our work as simple as spreadsheets and very easy to use, it allows us to structure our work, monitor progress and automate processes, plus smart columns facilitate our visualization and information entry, can store files such as videos, contracts or presentations without any inconvenience, I would say it is a very useful tool.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about smartsheet is that it is a paid service, I think that they should give months of testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this application to people who want to have more organization about their work projects, since smartsheet offers us to manage and control many types of projects, especially those that require teamwork, but also to create task lists, manage customer information, prepare sales forecasts, plan events or control business processes in general

for the moment I have not had any problem, and it has benefited me a lot since it is a very useful work tool within my field, it has benefited me in saving me time and I feel that now thanks to smartsheet I am more organized

"So organized, so easy to track projects!"

What do you like best?

I love that everything is so easy to organized and coordinate with your team members. Smartsheet has made our project flow so much more streamlined. We can seamlessly work on projects with multiple team members, all while cutting down on the amount of emails that we used to send to each other to check in.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get a frequent "Smartsheet is undergoing maintenance" screen while I'm working on something. I then have to refresh a couple times before it allows me to continue working.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a web-based platform to manage projects, this is the perfect place to do it. You can see when other users are viewing or editing a sheet in real time. You can have team members track their progress on projects right in Smartsheet. It's a clean and simple to use project that gives you exactly what you need and not a bunch of extra/distracting features.

Smartsheet helps my team to streamline our project management flow. It helps us to manage projects in a very organized fashion, while being able to monitor the project progress without having to send a check-in email to see how far along someone is in their work.

"Using Smartsheet for our PMO"

What do you like best?

We have been deciding between Microsoft Project Online and Smartsheet as a reporting tool for our PMO. The licensing model for Smartsheet is very favorable to allow all our required team members to have access to the Smartsheet with not paying any extra cost. The ability to integrate with Office 365, Power BI and it’s own dashboard technology allows us to easily report to all stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

There is a couple annoying things in Smartsheet when setting up files for dynamically linking of data from other sheets. It is very much a manual process. There is no ability to use a naming convention for sheet names and pull information automatically when you add a new project. There are other quirks to but the value you are getting makes up for the drawbacks.

We did not have a standardized process for running projects and reporting on projects for our PMO. Using Smartsheet’s gave us an affordable way to unify our projects and reporting under one platform.

"Like an Interactive Gantt Chart"

What do you like best?

Smartsheet is an excellent project management tool for those that don't need sales or client tracking services. Perfect for internal task management, delegation, dependencies, attaching files, making notes, etc. Our team had been super low-tech and unautomated before Smartsheets, and most of the team members were able to get on board and find it useful. We were able to get semi-automation set up so that our online inquiries imported automatically into a sheet, making it much easier to keep track of whether they had all been addressed or not. Good integrations and several customization options. Each team member can use what makes the most sense to them without changing what others see. It's worth having to visual project task dependencies, etc even if you work alone. Creates great exportable charts. Really helped with reporting at the end of each quarter.

What do you dislike?

As with all project management tools, it is crucial to get all team members on board in order for it to be effective. This can be a challenge, particularly with older team members, to get everyone on board and fully literate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not the choice product if you need to manage clients and sales. Perfect for smaller scale, internal management.

Our team members enjoyed using Smartsheeets for individual task tracking as well as coordinating between themselves. Awesome tool for remote teams to keep track of what's going on. It helps us keep track of project impacts, and thus makes management and reporting quite a bit quicker and easier.

Michael S.

"A Great Spreadsheet Software with Infinite Possibilities"

What do you like best?

Smartsheet is a spreadsheet software that focuses on data entry; it's very flexible to any need, and the many templates Smartsheet offers will accomplish pretty much any task you need it to do.

What do you dislike?

As Smartsheet is such a complex software, there is a large learning curve to really get the most out of it. Also, though there are automatic processes done through forms, etc., there's a fair amount of manual checking one needs to do to ensure information is correctly input.

Our business relied primarily on Excel to organize financials; vendor and subcontractor payment, project invoicing, etc. Excel simply is not designed for multiple users on one document at the same time, and Smartsheet features like forms, sharing sheets, and other unique features allow for great collaboration. It allows a lot of organization tasks to either be automated or accomplished in a fraction of the time it would take via Excel and Windows Explorer alone.

AA
Administrator in Accounting

"Smartsheet has been a lifesaver!"

What do you like best?

I love that smartsheet allows the file storage along with the features similar to excel or google sheets. I also love that you can set reminders by line and e-mail the contributors about a specific line item. One of the best features is that each individual user can sort the sheet how they like it and it doesn't change the view for the other users.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system can be so complex that the options to set up a sheet can be overwhelming for new users. Overall, I have very little to list about dislikes of this product. I really feel strongly that it has helped us tremendously!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this product. It has solved so many document storage and reconciling issues within our organization and across departments. It has also allowed so many file storage to become paperless which was a large part of why we moved to using Smartsheet!

We have a very geographically challenged organization. So allowing this type of collaborative work is crucial!

Lizie M.

"A Collaborative Tool and Also Recommendable for Project Management. "

What do you like best?

The best thing about Smartsheet is that it is possible to create many sheets as possible with different forms of information, and this ensures that the entire information concerning projects and the task force is well managed.

The software also makes it possible for one to keep their daily individual schedule, increasing on individual productivity.

Finally, the application helps the firm in minimizing the production cost as there is no wastage of resources.

What do you dislike?

However, the entire cost of using Smartsheet more so to those firms that are small is quite high. Again, I am not very sure about the security measures that the vendor has employed in this item.

I thought the vendor could at least make it more affordable or even free for small enterprises.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Smartsheet will help in project management. It is quite expensive, but I like the results. Nonetheless, one can do some market research to consider the best tool.

Smartsheet assists us in managing our projects, be it individual or even for the entire organization. It lower the cost of production, and avoids misuse of funds.

Betty D.

"An elegant collaboration software much more than those already on the market"

What do you like best?

In the company for which I work, I wanted to follow up on certain projects, of which I was under my tutelage, since it was scheduled to be delivered within a period of 4 months, they recommended this software to me, and its interface is incredible, the way present the projects through templates, allows other colleagues to make their respective revisions at the same time, as if we were working in person, it is incredible, I like it because it includes a calendar for one to be able to schedule to work online and know how they go the advances and be able to deliver reports on time, its cost is not so high, and I was surprised by its support, I got a very good attention, efficient and in a very short time.

What do you dislike?

When I synchronize it with my mail, what I try to start session usually lasts a lot in loading, Smartsheet is a very large software, so it would be spectacular not to invade it from publicity, maybe that is the problem for which it takes a long time to respond to the start of session.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make a creation of projects in real time with this wonderful application, it is spectacular, it will help you to reduce costs and expenses but above all you will save yourself a lot of time, it is the best you can use for project management.

I collaborate a lot in the synchronization and management of several projects that were under my tutelage, it helped me to evaluate them in real time, and deliver them in less than the stipulated time, leading to a higher level, in project management.

"Easy organization!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about smartsheet is that you can create several sheets with as many details added to helping your company keep things well organized. At firs I was a little hesitant to use as I am not a fan of excel, but this is WAY better! I can set myself to get email notifications when something is updated or reminders and can add columns needed to help me know where a project stands. We share our sheet with our sub contractors and we wouldn't be so efficient without it!

What do you dislike?

I do not think I have found something too big in disliking because it has worked well for me. I would only say that it is minimized in the number of admins you can have, but not a bid deal at all. The notifications as well could use a bit more details such as who it was posted by and exactly what column was updated (still overall I have set settings to highlight what column was updated)

We have resolved delays such as seeing at what stage do we age more in. We have been able to establish accurate goals for our install time. Smarthseet has also helped us continue growing as a company and keep up with the data entered and helps store completed jobs as well.

Delores A.

"Excellent Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Smartsheet is how easy it is to share single sheets. In my line of work, I often have a need to share single spreadsheets with stakeholders, and with Smartsheet it is so simple. While other applications offer simply sharing options, they don't include all of the functionality of Smartsheet, and this is what sets it apart. Also, I really appreciate the card view in Smartsheet. In the past, I used Trello pretty exclusively, and when I switched to Smartsheet then there was nothing like that. The card view is great for projects where we use Agile.

What do you dislike?

The main problem with Smartsheet is that there is no real-time data sync. If you want to save something, you need to physically click Save. In the past, this has cost me several hours worth of work, as I did not click Save before exiting the sheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would take some time to get to know all of the features of Smartsheet. There is definitely a learning curve, and I don't believe that all of the videos and other online resources really give you the full picture. If you have the opportunity to enroll in some formal Smartsheet training, you should take that opportunity.

We are using Smartsheet to organize and track the time we spend on development projects. In the past, we have struggled to answer questions about how long our products take to develop, and organizing our work in Smartsheet is giving us a clearer understanding of how long things take. Plus, we always know where we stand with projects, and so do our supervisors.

Laura C.

"Smartsheet helps my team keep our projects on track. "

What do you like best?

Smartsheet allows for me to keep track of my individual schedule in a very clear way. I love the calendar feature that lets me see what my responsibilities are for the week. It's also easy to see each project's timeline & who is working on it at any given time.

What do you dislike?

On my personal calendar, if a project is not completed, but I'm viewing the next week, I am not notified that I have an overdue task. I wish there was a better notification system for when something is overdue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Smartsheet - it's very easy to use & I've found it extremely helpful, especially the personalized calendar feature.

I work for a publishing company & there are many people involved on each project. Smartsheet allows us to manage each book project as a group.

sansern k.

"It's smart as it's named. Great for a company to work faster with great productivity."

What do you like best?

It's make the communication via the team achieve the goal via the company plan. Which is actually really hard to find one to compare with. Especially for an owner of the company having everything run through with progress and capable to be ackonwledge that the task has been done by right person. I beleive that's what define team. And that's where Smartsheet stand out for me.

What do you dislike?

MAny main funtion which should have been reqursted for quite a long time which should have been on the top list still on the roadmap for too long such as Vlookup combination, timestamp and mutiple answers from a form. Which somehow make the SS sounds not complete. And it's very hard at the beging if you didn't have a patient enough or didn't have a great logical mind set; This is not for your company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More of the basic request need to be done soon. As I felt you guys want hook up with the lager group company instead of the every personal use which will then be a better, form my perspective on the return customer.

Classic case for every company I believe the folllow up provess and the lack of communication is one of the key thing. Team need this improvement and this has been improve since using. Along with transfering data from team to team.

Ishan R.

"Smart Sheets Review"

What do you like best?

The features are easy to use and it is good to have simplicity in learning. Any new employee can be taught this software very quickly. Also, The project management is quite simple with the Smart Sheets software as it contains necessary details like dependencies, duration of work and assignments. Besides, their sharing feature is absolutely awesome. It allows to share and get feedback to many others which is very important in staying updated.

What do you dislike?

The cost of using Smart Sheets for smaller firm is too high. Also, I have doubts about the authentication and security. Moreover, it is less functional than MS Project and other competitors. But, they are on a good track.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it free for small companies or less costly

It is useful for our day to day meetings, keeping track of project actives, deliverable, and milestones. Also, it is helpful in sharing as it is online.

Alexandra S.

"Great for organizing spreadsheets and sharing with team"

What do you like best?

I really like that the sheets in Smartsheet are treated like spreadsheets and that you can select multiple line items at a time to copy elsewhere or to even figure out the sum of numbers.

I also like that I can make comments on a line item and email it to a coworker so that they can follow what I am referring to. I also use the "reminder" function on line items and appreciate the emails reminder it sends at the time I specify.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when multiple people are viewing a sheet at the same time, the changes are not real time. The changes don't "save" until you click "save".

It seems like Smartsheets is always scheduling "offline" maintenance which hinders users from using it during that time. Luckily, they usually do this on weekends.

The sheets can sometimes take a little time to load so I usually have multiple tabs opened with different Smartsheets so that I can easily click back and forth to view the information quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for tracking numbers and organizing other information. But not a great tool for team collaboration or workflows.

Ease of tracking sales and using the category functions to better sort through specific events. It is great to use as a database of clients and their contact information. Our team benefits from using the comments and alert functions to communicate with coworkers or just as reminders to ourselves.

Nate R.

"One of the Best PM Platforms Out There"

What do you like best?

The UI follows that of an Excel document, which made adoption easy for those of us used to and fond of using spreadsheets. The platform makes usually complex spreadsheet function extremely easy. In general, solves almost every problem that Excel presents (including versioning and collaboration), and with new improvements to support Agile management techniques and constantly new templates, Smartsheet is a must-have.

What do you dislike?

There are still some functions that had to be done back in Excel, and reporting functions could use continued improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Smartsheet is worth trying for any type of project management or collaboration need. I've used it for software development, business development, and donor management. New features make it useful for Agile project management, but it's also very easy to setup traditional Gantt reporting too. Hands down one of my favorite platforms to use professionally.

Project Management, Business Development, Data Management. We saw increased productivity and collaboration across all three domains, with particularly good benefits for project management.

"A collaborative work management platform that is highly customizable"

What do you like best?

Smartsheet has many dynamic fields that allow for robust project management capabilities. We're able to smoothly integrate third-party applications and keep track of multiple projects in one place. We can create Gantt charts that allow us to visually track project activities and goals. We can work with formulas that can be used for quick data processing and analysis. Smartsheet's collaboration features allow us to streamline our work flow, suggestions, feedback and approval process.

What do you dislike?

The per using pricing is not something I'm a big fan of. The overall pricing is quite a bit more than some common spreadsheet and collaboration platforms. Using Smartsheet at first may require some novice users to get a hang of it and to figure out how to best leverage it's features and capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're not familiar with or don't have a solid background in dealing with project management and/or collaboration software, I'd recommend checking out a few videos that can walk your through Smartsheet's actual functionality. Since the price is a bit high, you should first see if it's a platform that is suitable for your particular project needs.

We use Smartsheet to plot out project tasks and goals. We can keep track of the status of various tasks and allow users to add notes and comments related to all project activities. The charts that we generate from Smartsheet can be printed out and placed in a conference room to give everyone an overall snapshot of our project's progress at given intervals. Smartsheet has been a solid tool for managing multiple projects and multiple people.

Jess J.

"Multifaceted tool close to being a wholepackage software -- intuitive sheets, calendars, priorities"

What do you like best?

You can create smart dashboards and calendars informed by color-coded priorities. Excel-like sheets that don't get sluggish. Preset rules for automated workflows. The document upload function meets the expectation and overdelivers in the sense that you can connect to a good range of applications in order to create one location for project documentation. The Gantt charts for interactive timeline - the creation of milestones and dependencies is a winner.

What do you dislike?

I'd like an affordable business plan for solo freelancers, rather than a license with a minimum number of users. The business plan offers the automation and dashboards, and great reporting which is what I need, while the individual plan underdeliveres.

Having struggled with Excel and Numbers slowing down considerably as I tend to use them heavily for text rather than numbers, I was delighted to come across Smartsheet. I was relived to see that importing from Excel didn't give hiccups. You have several options for displaying the content, creating dashboards and calendars, and color-coding the priorities, and you can even create milestones and dependencies to feed into an interactive project timeline. Plenty of choice for visualing your project, from Gantt views for timelines, to card for Kaban boards, or grids to organize tasks. Being able to create preset rules to trigger automated workflows is super handy especially when repetitive tasks and actions become tedious. The interface performs well on mobile and you can attach files, or collaborate or make approvals on the go. It gives the team better control and stewardship over resources as you can visualise everyone's workload. If one makes changes, those are trackable, and can be filtered to access easily.

Learn more about Smartsheet

Smartsheet Videos

Learning about Smartsheet?

* We monitor all Smartsheet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.