Box Reviews & Product Details

Box Overview

What is Box?

Box is a Modern Content Management Platform for companies of all sizes and industries. The difference that Box brings is that it offers the security and controls admins need with the sharing and collaboration capabilities end users want. Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 43 million users and 62,000 businesses--including 59% of the Fortune 500--trust Box to manage content in the cloud. The Box platform provides HIPAA, FINRA, FedRAMP, and many other compliances to go with granular access permissions and advanced security capabilities. By using Box you can sync, share, and collaborate on all types of files, anywhere, on any device - but that's just the beginning. You can choose where to store your data, to manage your own encryption keys, and set workflows to automate content-based processes. You can also assign custom metadata tags to content, watermark sensitive content, and set file retention or legal hold policies. Box has deep, native integrations with Microsoft Office and Outlook, Google Apps for Work, Salesforce, Netsuite, Docusign, Adobe, and many other best-of-breed solutions you may already be using.

Box Details
Discussions
Box Community

Box lets you store all of your content online, so you can access, manage and share it from anywhere. Integrate Box with Google Apps and Salesforce and access Box on mobile devices.

Box

Showing 4,433 Box reviews
Showing 4,433 reviews
Already have Box?
HR / Payroll Administrator
What do you like best?

I appreciate how easy it is to use, the ability to add favorites, and having one place to upload documents that can be accessed by myself or other people that I have chosen to have access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times, it can be a little slow to upload documents. Also, I had a little trouble figuring out how to make some folders private and how to allow others access to other folders I created, but nothing I couldn't figure out on my own with a little trial and error. I also sometimes have trouble when it comes to finding documents I am looking for via the search menu, but I suppose this is more of a testament to how much we use this system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I honestly don't really have any suggestions. Just don't lose faith if you have a couple encounters where it is slow to upload documents. These happen with all high-volume share sites. If you can't figure out how to do something, keep playing around with it or look it up online. It shouldn't be difficult to either find relevant information or resolve your problem yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has certainly eased my transition to working from home on my personal laptop. As an HR professional who has to allow employees to have access to policies and procedures for the organization, it is nice to be able to upload documents for all to see, as well as upload documents and keep them confidential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

* One-stop solution for having multiple point of contact applications for your daily use.

* It is a floating hard-drive that's connected to all your devices.

* Its native support to Google applications and Office 365.

* Healthy mix of strong app integrations.

* The note-taking app and the built-in task manager is a super benefit.

* Security and safety are top-notch.

* Box for business accounts is a separate entity that can leverage a host of well-tuned specific applications under its own umbrella. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* It is a bit costly and expensive.

* Paid feature of private key management is a real bummer.

* The storage capacity for the other paid account is really low.

* Sometimes too much is too messy too. Desktop app options are numerous and unclear.

* When compared to other cloud options, DropBox and Sugarsync, offer 20 times as much storage.

* Pricing and plans need to be better managed to gain user base. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* My online classes need me to have all my documents ready and easily upgraded or downloaded by other shared party users. The documents can be on box and the other shared user just has to use the credentials and finish up the work.

* File previewing, editing file, Google docs, Mobile Apps.

* Python libraries integrated allows easy code updates and code runs.

* Zoom feature allows user connectivity for doubts sessions and online classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Box
Manager industrial engineer & production planning & control
What do you like best?

Box personnel account offers you a huge 10 gb storage which is way more then 2 gb storage capacity of Dropbox and same as other cloud storage products. Its android app has a good user interface also with the nice facility of pass code and auto upload option for photos and other files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's paid version gives you only 100 gb capacity for $5/month/user whether other products of same genre gives you much more in comparison to cost like Dropbox & google drive gives 2tb @ $9.99/month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can definitely go for it as it's gives you freehand to many available features like you can import contacts from gmail or outlook and many others. It's have collaboration with many other sites also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box gives you a super facility to creat a file from its website itself which is rarely found in any other cloud storage products like doc, xls etc even you can also convert it from its website also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data scientist
What do you like best?

In box many features are likeable such as , the file upload and download features is very smooth and faster then others.

The document opening capability as well as view section is really remarkable and it gives us the flexibility towards faster view of files without actually opening it .

The features of opening Microsoft office files online is very good as it allows to update it on the fly without downloading it and which reduce time and effort as well as a problem of multiple download and then upload .

Version controlling notation are another likeable features where we can see how many times the file is being updated .

And over all its in cloud so can be accessable from any location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Till now I haven't found anything which makes me dislike any portion in box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes we strongly recommend box to use of you have either large number of team. Or small . It really helps in multiple ways. You will never regret it . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using box extensively for our project documentation storage and easy access for all our teammates . Box really allows an access facilities by which we can allow one in terms of accessibility of the files as ,owners ,coowners etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Digital Product Director
What do you like best?

This is the most authentic tool for managing cloud content. The best thing is that it let us access numerous Box files on Desktop. In this way much of the valuable space on hard drive remains save. Another best thing is that any folder or file can be easily shared within seconds. I strongly appreciate its offline support. It is the best ever tool that serves all the sharing purposes. It works perfectly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is quite expensive. As far as it is paid storage is concerned, windows application is not easy to use. I think it needs some improvements. I love its all features and functionalities. In all means, it is doing a great job indeed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the highly suggested advanced and modern platform for managing contents effectively. It comprises of best collaboration as well as sharing capabilities. It is strongly recommended tool because it is quite cheaper than Dropbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It introduces us superb ways of syncing computer in a very amazing way. It gives us a sufficient control on our files and shared files as well. It is more advanced than Dropbox and it gives better performance. It creates a very peaceful and comfortable environment for using large sized files and sharing with other members of groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

I use Box as a simple storage solution that is an alternative to Google drive or an external hard drive. Having a cloud solution that isn’t slow to load is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unlike Google Drive, Box does bot integrate with other Google applications as seamlessly. However, it is still much better when uploading directly from Mac or PC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The individual service is free and the enterprise suite is likely worth the investment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest benefit has been being able to speed up my computer by not storing items I use infrequently. This is especially true of video storage which can bog down my Mac. I also sometimes use Box to share with others, but this does require that they have a Box account which is not a given. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We've used Box for roughly 10 years in our business and have found it to be 100% reliable and stable, fairly priced and easy to use. We like the flexibility and control over our documents it gives us as well as the easy access to documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything we dislike. The only thing I can come up with is sometimes I find Dropbox is more integrated with other software and products than Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Box for short and long term electronic storage of documents as well as sharing of documents. Since using Box we have eliminated all paper files. In addition, we have solved the problem of making documents available to people without losing "control". Using the features Box offers we can allow people to view files without logging in but not download, or download and view, or require them to log in to do anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can be working on MS Word rather than a google doc and it still saves automatically to the cloud. Additionally, Box's notification feature is very convenient while working on team projects and lets team members keep track of each other's edits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when a bunch of team members are working on the same word doc online via box, documents sometimes get frozen and we lose progress if we refresh the page. Also, the page break feature is a bit all over the place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized it is very convenient for big group projects that require lots of document sharing with others. Box has allowed me and my teammates to upload, update, and create docs, powerpoints, and excel sheets together for online presentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Box keeps all my files and folders in the cloud so I can access and share them with ease, on any device.

I feel that all files are at my fingertips.

It helps me in accessing all my Box files on desktop. This saves valuable hard drive space and stream content when I need it.

It allows using my favorite applications to create and edit content. All the changes will automatically upload to Box file is saved.

Any file or folder can be shared in seconds. Anything shared with you automatically appears in your Box folder.

Search bar is fast way to access the box. No need to browse. cntl + option + command + space opens up the box search.

It provides offline support as well.

Contents can be synced only by right click. Local changes are synced automatically to cloud.

Box supports every type of file.

Content can be downloaded, and can be accessed/edited while offline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I feel that there is a lag in syncing the contents on my device with contents on the cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box is the best cloud content management software.

Box supports every type of file.

Organizing the files and folders on my local machine consumes valuable space. Box has solved this problem by storing files in cloud.

EH
What do you like best?

Box allows us to seamlessly collaborate with all our teammates, customers, partners and vendors and gets everyone on the same page .It provides one place to work together easily. Box lets us automate the repeatable workflows and makes it simple for end users. Box protects our sensitive files by allowing us to tweak security controls Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Box can be slow when uploading very compressed large files. It's not always easy to edit a pdf. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I consider Box to be the industry leader in the online drive and collaboration space. It's simple to use and secure. It provides employees the tools they need to collaborate within teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talix has a myriad of applications and app integration is very important for IT. Box allows us to centralize our content and improves employee efficiency and speed while working on content by helping connect the dots. Compartmentalization of data by role based restrictions makes data privacy a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We use Box as a secure file transfer and repository tool with our customers. It's so easy and reliable. I can control access as needed around confidential documents.

I also like that Box is able to identify when a new version of the same document has been uploaded...it doesn't create a new copy unnecessarily, it upversions the document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Box had a notification feature where I would be alerted when someone uploads file(s) into my folder.

Unless users tell me, I cannot tell when a new version has been uploaded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Box to store and share confidential files between us and our customers.

It's easy to use and we can manage access very easily. We use google drive to collaborate internally, but found it not as user friendly for external collaboration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gaston Barcia
What do you like best?

It works. You can sync your computer in a good way. Box gives you control over your files and shared files. A lot of control. So if you need to know what is going on with the information you share, Box is the best way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you are using the free version I think you´ll find more usefull DropBox or GDrive. If you are paying, Box is great. I would like to have more options in the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it before using. This is the best way to know it and check apps, so you know if you feel confortable on how it´s using space and bandwidth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for backups and to share files with clients, which I want to know when they download them, and to manage all rights to cancel and start again sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Development Technical Team Lead
What do you like best?

Box is the safe and secure platform for keeping all of my files and folders save. I love its quick accessibility from anywhere around the world. The search bar gives quick result. It supports almost every type of file. It is incredibly easy to download any content that can be easily accessed and edited anytime offline. Managing cloud content become really easy with Box. Accessing numerous files becomes very easy with Box. It further keeps space on hard drive save. It gives much support offline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For paid storage its window application is quite difficult to use. The only least thing is that it is quite expensive. Almost all of its features and functionalities are prove to be useful and helpful. I haven’t seen any major drawback that I have to mention here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say this is the latest tool and it is equipped with all advanced and powerful features in order to manage contents in best possible manner. This the most collaborative tool and it consists of incomparable sharing features. I suggest you to use prefer this over Dropbox. It will give you more satisfactory results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is truly use for backups. Moreover it is rightly used for sharing files with clients. I love the stability of this tool. This is the safe and secure backup tool. It works smoothly for running all workflows and managing all the contents. With the invention of this professional files can be easily shared with team members. The thing which made me huge fan is that it let us share files and folders within seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gusto Partner Advisory Council (GPAC) Member
What do you like best?

Easily create "trees" of files with main folders and subfolders. Varying levels of access allow you to add in various users who may just be uploading, viewing, or in complete control of the documents. Can grant access to a parent folder and all folders within, or a single sub-folder. Easily share secure links with the knowledge that only the right users will access the information. Favorite folders for quicker access. Easily searchable within all of Box or specific folders. Customizable branding colors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about Box. The search works great, logging in and adding users is easy. Makes document management painless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Secure file sharing that our clients can trust and can be shared between team members. Can upload small files or long videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We can consider that one of the characteristics that I like the most about this software is that we can implement its functions from any operating system, or browser to be more precise, which is quite a convincing point due to the versatility it offers, because I love this application since it allows us to store and manage all our content that is available online, in a totally secure way, without excluding that its space in the cloud is extremely large, which you can protect all your files and some other format with security in its respective capacity, very useful for business areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

An optimal disadvantage that this application presents are its frequent interruptions, which have to do totally with the Box system, and its use is blocked through the web versions, which means a quite significant problem, which requires a update, for the proper repair of these annoying and disastrous mishaps, which is a very notable inconvenience, since it slows down work sections on large scales, for a considerable period of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box works in a wonderful way if different jobs are used through a file by means of several computers, mainly to acquire a broader capacity in the protection of all the data that a common organization maintains, regardless of its virtual size, as this system offers advanced qualities to support all these options for use in a single platform, embodied in the cloud, guaranteeing total security in the safeguarding of these documents, highlighting that you can access these facilities from any desktop with access to internet logically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box is being used throughout our organization, for a general purpose in each work area, which is to help us keep all our data or contextual points in a very organized way, to acquire control and visibility of all administrative, productive, analytical, logistical, humanitarian aspects and among other departments that we acquire to correctly manage these informative news of great utility for our business environment, emphasizing that we can share links with an undetermined number of people, in which different people can access to the exchange of ideas between different labor sectors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best part about box is that It's not from google which is known to be a data stealer. I won't really like if my data is shared with others, to show me the relevant ads. The best feature according to me is the option provided to edit the MS Office files on the go, since I don't have them installed on local laptop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not so popular, hence a little reliability issue. I don't personally mind trying, but when it comes to sharing with someone, not everyone is interested to use that. a little word of mouth publicity will bring them customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hey you should definitely consider using box, it's safe, secure and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The best feature I liked is of auto-sync. I sleep peacefully while I know my data is safe even if my disc crash overnight. I don't see any major problem as such except not having a pdf viewer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sourcing Analyst
What do you like best?

A handy tool to store all your documents, software, files, etc... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think if there are any cons to this application. I have been using it for a year very safe. However, you have to pay for the space you want. But, if you need a secured storage system you have to pay for what you want. Nothing comes free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I store all regulatory documents for one of the medical devices we deal with. It is an amazing tool with good security. You can add the number of people you want to share the data with. There is different access you can assign to different people. Like if you want someone to only see the file you can give viewing access and similar to that there will an Owner and editor etc...

You can share your weekly report or daily repost. If you have a team located in different countries all can access it. I have created a separate folder in the main folder of our team for the folks who are new to the organization and who can need access to the training material and software we need for the day to day activities.

You can also make admin to someone else to one box folder. A viewer can only see the content inside the folder and he can't change or delete the file. And editor can upload files and make changes to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Technical Services Specialist
What do you like best?

Box has multiple features,workflow automation is the one I liked the most. Also it has secured file sharing option so that only intended persons can see the document. Also easy inteaction with collaborated documents is the best feature. So we don't need to open doc in another tool to edit or view it. It reduces our efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes more time to preview a document even if we have good internet connectivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for easy team collaboration tool having great features, then you should give it a try. You may love the new way to share larfe files on box as sending large files using company's mailbox takes much more time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basically we have multiple folders to organize our project documentation. Each folder has separate file sharing permissions setup for different users. We control who should edit, modify and view documents. Also we have quick global link to share common information about project to our stakeholders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Production Specialist