Box Reviews & Product Details

What is Box?

Box is a Modern Content Management Platform for companies of all sizes and industries. The difference that Box brings is that it offers the security and controls admins need with the sharing and collaboration capabilities end users want. Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 43 million users and 62,000 businesses--including 59% of the Fortune 500--trust Box to manage content in the cloud. The Box platform provides HIPAA, FINRA, FedRAMP, and many other compliances to go with granular access permissions and advanced security capabilities. By using Box you can sync, share, and collaborate on all types of files, anywhere, on any device - but that's just the beginning. You can choose where to store your data, to manage your own encryption keys, and set workflows to automate content-based processes. You can also assign custom metadata tags to content, watermark sensitive content, and set file retention or legal hold policies. Box has deep, native integrations with Microsoft Office and Outlook, Google Apps for Work, Salesforce, Netsuite, Docusign, Adobe, and many other best-of-breed solutions you may already be using.

Box Screenshots

1-25 of 3780 total Box reviews
Most Recent Box Video Review
Software Engineer
Design

"A secure app for file storage online"

What do you like best?

Generally, I like Box because of it's storage capacity, it offers a basic space of 10gb to store and secure all kinds of files online as long as you want. The software has a user friendly interface which makes it easy to operate. Another thing I like so much about Box is it's portability, it works perfectly well on any operating system and device, that means you can access your files at all times. I also admire it's system of file organization.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is very high and I also believe that they could increase the free storage limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box is an adorable app I would recommend to everyone, it has large space , very user friendly and has a perfect system of file organization

Box has undoubtedly i have derived great benefits using Box. It has been of tremendous help and a relief for us since we are very concerned about keeping our files always safe and secure at all times.

Personally, Box has helped me recover files I thought I lost.

Core System Architect

"Great Collaboartion Tool"

What do you like best?

The intuitive web app with powerful features that are easy to uncover is a huge plus. For thaose that don't like the Web App, having clients for various devices (BoxDrive for example) means that users can access their data easily. It integrates easily with Office Online. Lastly, the Box API is powerful and robust and lets us add custom apps to not only manage the Box environment, but build out custom tools for our users.

What do you dislike?

The open nature of Box will lead some end users to self sabotage, either by sharing too much or taking away their own access. De-provisioning can be a problem; make certain you have in place a robust plan. The 15GB file limit seems dated. Although the API is powerful, the rate limits make some management function run too long. Although Box Drive is a great tool, not all the features of the Web App are available. And lastly,Box is playing catch up with site accessibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make certain you have in place a robust de-provisioning plan. Leverage Box Groups where possible.

Having data accessible when and where you need it on any device, and making it easy to collaborate with that data. We have leveraged Box for everyone in our organization and have been able to retire legacy file shares.

Designer

"Easy to use, to store and share freely."

What do you like best?

What I can mention that I like about Box is the free storage capacity it has; so it gives us a visualization of what we can do with this tool before getting paid optimized services, it is very well implemented the idea that it has a mobile application from which we can access more easily and quickly, and as storage is used in the cloud could not fail us with the backups it offers.

What do you dislike?

The functions of some applications should be updated, and many functions enter premium services; not allowing us to test beyond storage and file sharing to see if it's worth paying for, and the speed of file transfers declines occasionally.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A tool that should consider using every person who starts in business, either by their own venture or in small businesses that can help the company grow, on the other hand, save and share files in the larger groups in companies that have more growth can opt for this option for cloud storage offered by Box, thus using this tool helps to increase control of stored files and with permissions to certain users.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

The drawbacks of storing and sharing were set aside; an account to have benefits that backups and different management options in which we can employ on a large number of people, a tool that undoubtedly offers a replacement for storage devices with files that are considerably important to save and access them from work or home at any time.

Software Developer

"Box is an easy platforms to use. "

What do you like best?

Box has been among the application thst has been making help because it help it help me alot and it has great positive impact on my company. So the numerous things i love about box will be short listed below:

- The free version is very good, since it never expires and the space in the free version is very large.

-The application for the mobile works perfectly, both in Android and in iOS.

- The applications for Windows and for macos also works very well.

-The ease of uploading files from any platform and backing up your files.

Free is the best way to present a tool and any types of files can be stored more securely in the cloud, and all members of the company can access them anytime.

What do you dislike?

The following notes are the negatives that I see in this platform.

-It is not completely free. Sometimes the applications have some failures.

-the transfer speed on some occasions is somewhat slow.

- Sometimes I lost data without knowing why, it pissed me off alot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I think that if you recommend this platform to be used by other people, I have already recommended it. in the beginning they gave free user 10gb for creating an account and this is really great tool for file sharing.

The truth is that it has many possibilities for someone to use it in a company. I was benefited when delivering files to people who do not know how to send large files. And it can help everybody to be able to send large files to anyone without having to install any tool.

Finally, It is much easier to manage documents on a cloud storage rather than using email.

"Files in secure storage with Box"

What do you like best?

Since we used Box we loved to store with this program in the cloud, easy to use, modern and updated. With this program we can easily share files, send documents and multimedia files, as well as receive resumes and all that and more with a single "BOX" program!

What do you dislike?

It's not something we do not like, if we believe that they can improve and is the limit of space, Box only offers 10GB of free space and other tools similar to this offer much more. Of course, if they want to increase their space, they can opt for a payment plan. In addition they could increase the transfer limit, since their payment or free plans are very limited and this should undoubtedly improve it since it can hinder the work in certain occasions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recommend using Box if you need a good tool to store in the cloud, it is safe, reliable, up-to-date, fast and simple, it is the best thing to store, receive, send and share files in the cloud.

Box helped us send important files and documents through the cloud and no matter where we are. The best thing of all is its mobile application that allows us to access the platoform and receive all our documents, as well as make backup copies of our work files, personal files, and even any information we have on our phone. It is also a very safe program because it encrypts our files.

Founder

"My review on Box: Box is a great choice."

What do you like best?

My love for box is wide, because it has helped me and my company in so many ways and there are listed below:

I especially like the availability it has good user interface,they have affected me in some many ways. I like the integration you have with hundreds of applications. Then backup your photos and upload them automatically to the cloud with the application. It allows for fast viewing of excel sheets with even thousands bits of data and easy sharing of the same data and i can also share my documents with people, limit some of them to viewing and let others edit my data.

What do you dislike?

What I like the least, is that being a well-known service, I think it has more attacks for what I think may be less secure than other services.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend box for everyone.

If you consider box to store files, it can be the best. If you are looking for an alternative that also has office and mail use Box. If what you have is files on disk, it is the best option to avoid a disaster and loss of data.

It prevents you from having a local storage with the problem of having losses due to hardware problems, viruses etc ... And you avoid backups. It also helped us with the file sharing, it was much easier to be able to access the files when you were out of the office or working place.

Hosting and File Sharing

"Hosting and File Sharing"

What do you like best?

Box is an easy-to-use file-sharing and cloud-sharing service, your files are saved in a virtual space without taking up space in the memory of your device, it is a program that offers a high capacity of free storage with you can safely and reliably save all your files.

What do you dislike?

The Box is a cloud storage program that allows you to save all your files and share them, but for this it is necessary that the user is connected to the internet, without connection you do not access your files that is the only point that the program leaves the wanting out this factor is the best program for hosting and file sharing, today in the market it is the one that has the largest storage space for free

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent virtual storage program with great space and besides being very safe and easy to use the box and the product but recommended of the market.

With the Box I can store all my files and documents in the cloud without taking up space in the memory of my device and also I can access them anywhere I find myself just as I connect with the internet, it is a very effective program in the handling of files so you carry out uploads and downloads in a simple and fast way.

"We like to store files in the cloud with Box"

What do you like best?

We like Box because its cloud storage service is really good and it is very helpful in any company because it provides excellent security both to the user and to the sensitive and important documents that are stored in it. store, also has really good features that help accelerate the proper functioning of a company by having a synchronization between the cloud and different computers that makes several people can work on the same document without problems or confusion when editing together.

What do you dislike?

Box really provides a great service that we are pleased to enjoy but unfortunately we have encountered only one problem and it is its transfer limit of 250MB per file, which can be annoying when you need to upload large files and interrupt with the work process. However that is the only problem, otherwise Box is really a good storage service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The great recommendation that we provide is that you do not think much about using Box for the storage of your files because it is an excellent service that will improve the whole process of work in your company and that meets all the expectations you can have about a program of cloud storage.

Box has undoubtedly been a great help and a relief for us since we were very concerned about what would be the best way to work with our files keeping them always safe and secure at all times, and box was the answer as with its high security we do not have to worry about it anymore, also thanks to it it has been able to accelerate a lot the work that exists in the files of the company since we do not waste time sending and receiving but the work goes almost instantaneous with its incredible synchronization that allows several people to work on the same project comfortably and without wasting time.

Technical Director

"My Review on Box"

What do you like best?

Box is actually very good for storing files online, the things I like best are:

1. Box offers a large space of 10gb to store all kinds of files you want to store from images to pdf's to videos. Absolutely any kind of file.

2. Box has a very good app that consumes less space but gets the job done.

3. Box is easy to use. It's really easy.

4. Box comes with a good arrangement of folders on the site so it's just like having an online file manager.

5. Box allows you have multiple accounts as long as you have 2 or more gmail accounts. We just presently opened our second account on box.

6. Box can keep all your data for as long as you want it to be kept

What do you dislike?

The only downside I noticed about box is that box at times has slow uploading speed, just sometimes though, maybe due to network or something.

My

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box would really boost your organization in your company and you won't always have to carry hard documents to meetings.

Box has boosted our organization of files and helped us access long lost files at needy times.

Software Developer

"A good tool for file storage online."

What do you like best?

Box is a good software, I like things about it which are:

1. Box can work very fast on android phones as it works fast on desktop too. So you can access your account from anywhere.

2. Box gives a very large space of 10gb to store files, you can literally store anything from your images, videos, pdf's and you'll still have space left.

3. Box is relatively cheap. Since we have started using box in my company, we haven't paid anything.

4. Uploading speed on box is good too. It mostly doesn't lag when ur uploading

5. You can aslo have numerous accounts easily on box, for instance, we just opened a new account as shown in our screenshot below. So an additional 10gb left to fill!

What do you dislike?

The only glitch I have noticed about box is that sometimes the files you upload on your phone doesn't appear on your desktop version immediately, this has made us waste time in accessing an important document a certain time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I just love box for it's large space, I recommend it 100% to anyone, it'll really come in handy.

Box has helped us organize our files well without fear of loss of documents or anything.

It also has helped me personally to carry less documents around because I know that once a desktop or phone is around, I can access my documents.

Software developer

"Box as a good storage tool and excellent medium of management. "

What do you like best?

Box helps me out in a whole lot of ways, but am gonna highlight few of them.

1. It helps me to store, secure and conveniently access personal information in my work area.

2. It has the ability to upload a file and share it to a specified person or public.

3. It is a good online storage tool that can be accessed with the use of mobile devices and desktops.

4. We have absolutely no worries about sending or receiving files from our company personnel or team.

5. It makes it possible to have an organized and detailed management of files and information, most especially when it's urgently needed.

What do you dislike?

1. I would like an increase in it's free storage limit.

2. The pricing is very high.

Other than that, i have no other dislikes about box.

It has been helpful in relieving workload stress.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'll advice every company to use box software because it's very easy to use and it'll help save files online for future use.

It'll also help boost sales of products and it has helped our company.

1. It has helped the company save files for future use.

2. It has helped workers to access information from different locations, since they have the app on their mobile phones.

3. It helps me secure personal and company information, as well as efficient management.

Founder

"Great platform for sharing files. "

What do you like best?

The numerous things i like about box are:

1.it's fast and easy to use.

2.It's help to know when a user makes changes on a document.

3.it's highly secured i.e encrypted (end to end).

4.The tool can be use both on mobile and pc.

5.The interface is really quick and intuitive to use.

6.it's allows users to upload all types of files in different formats.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike about this tools are:

1.it's difficult to check the usefulness of this tool for a novice.

2.The pricing is very high.

3.There have been multiple occasions where I have used box desktop to save files to the cloud and then these files later disappear.

4.Also, it creates junk of duplicate files in my mobile phone and desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it 100%.

I recommend using Box for work or for personal use.

It's a good tool to share files and store them in the cloud. Box offers is a simple management and organization of what we want to keep saved and shared.

The benefits i gain are:

1. It is a great solution for file sharing and collaboration of team work.

2.Box improved our service quality and customer satisfaction level.

3.i store all my documents in cloud to have a reliable backup.

4.it's allows me to send and receive large media files.

Software Test Analyst

"Box is Awesome"

What do you like best?

I so love box because

1. Box offers a large soace of 10gb to store any format of files for as long as you want.

2.Box is very easy to install both on laptops and mobile phones.

3. Box consumes very little space unlike some softwares that slow down my PC.

4. Box allows multiple accounts once you have many email accounts.

5. Box is not cost to use. And it has many features so it's just the best.

What do you dislike?

Naah, Box is too cool for me to dislike anything about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box is an app I would recommend for everyone I knw, it has large space and it's really easy to use.

Box helped me to really recover files that my company thought we had lost. I just login to where I uploaded the files and everyone keeps wondering how.

It even added me a promotion in my company

Founder

"Best tools to safe in cloud and it convenient to use. "

What do you like best?

Things i like about Box are as follow:

1.Box provide the adequate features needed in storage and file sharing.

2. it's faster and simple to use.

3.This tool has a very user friendly user interface.

4.The tool can be use both on mobile phone and desktop.

5. It's gives us a lot of cloud storage space, and its encrypted i.e end to end.

What do you dislike?

what i dislike about this application are:

1.it can't share large files.

2.it's has limited storage.

3.it highly pricey.

4.it difficult to Understand for novice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i recommend it 100%

Try it out. Box has a great free trial strategy which will let you use the system without difficulty and is very good to work.

the benefits are as follows:

1.it solve problem of data storage and data sharing.

2.it fast when syncing files or data.

3.it helps me to free up some

scape on my mobile phone and my pc.

4. it's very easy to navigate the Box interface online and because it really helps me feel more creative.

information technology
(10,001+ employees)

"Box, always among the best. "

What do you like best?

I like to be able to share large files and securely to other users of the company, I like that the account is personal and free because it helps all people to do our work more easily. An excellent tool that saves you a lot of time, I like that not only saves you time, but on a personal level is the best because we can store large files to the cloud, I love its easy handling and we can make a backup of all important documents we have on the device, simply spectacular. It is also attractive that it can be used from mobile devices, I have it on my phone and sincerely I have all my phone backed up, even contacts.

What do you dislike?

I don't like it and I don't think that the Premium users have greater benefits notorious enough, I would like that in the personal accounts they can pass files with more weight than 250mb by file, this for me would be the most important point to treat since in the company in which I work we send extremely big files therefore we need to have a Premium account, It happens to me and it is quite annoying that sometimes I need to pass a large file very large and does not let me transfer it and there contained very important information, that is what I did not like the application should raise the capacity of file size as it is very necessary for us as normal users to be able to get to store these data ... I hope I solve it with an update.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that you use this application in the company as your content is very well protected. It is essential and very good use to have confidential information of the company, but also for users like me that we are individuals we do too well this application and we can take advantage of the tool that has to upload files to the cloud and ensure them from the browser gives advice to users to make copies of backups so that their files are saved from any browser. If you have the possibility of becoming a Premium user, do it so that they can take full advantage of the other tools provided by the application.

It is highly functional at work, I even think it is the first purpose of the application, because it facilitates the work for us in a great way because we can save important files in the cloud quickly and we are sure that only the user can see the content and also you can share it with your business partners, share work content, for the company this program is indispensable because it is national and international which leads us to have to send different types of documents via the web through the cloud. Also on a personal level has served me in different opportunities because I work from home through the computer and needed to make backups, I finally got it thanks to this application just need to have Internet connection to upload files you want to the cloud. Thanks to this application and through it I have a browser backup of everything relevant to my computer.

Software Developer and Desinger

"Box is azaming"

What do you like best?

I love that I can share my information. If I'm actually rewriting work from someone else, then update the document with multiple documents and work in a team that cannot be worried. We keep multiple project folders and it's really easy to share all the documents. I love that there are apps for computers and iOS apps.

It helps to improve productivity in the existing system and make fast decisions.

What do you dislike?

I think this is generally a positive experience so far. I had no major problem till now. Sharing of files with others become easier with box, just need to improve validation and make the interactive graphical user interface, so a newbie can easily use to achieve its purpose with ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try downloading the phone app and desktop app. This makes our life easier. You can also try to edit the document from there. It's nice that it keeps everything synchronized so that you do not have to worry about editing the same document as others, because in real time it will show you what's going on!

File sharing becomes an easier thing for us.

IT
(10,001+ employees)

"Big cloud, box..."

What do you like best?

I like it, it is a very secure platform in which I have been able to store a series of files that contain important information both personal and for the company, through a storage cloud that you can open anywhere using a computer, is safe and reliable that is its main features.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I don't like is that it can only store 10 GB, it should be improved being totally unlimited storage without the need to be a premium user and should be easier to understand because if you know how to use it will be of great help to perform your daily activities, lastly sometimes has problems with synchronization, but I suppose that will be problems with Internet connectivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it for all those people who have delicate content and which they want to keep securely from the Internet. It is complex to learn to use the application but once you understand it will be the most useful application you can use on the web to store information.

The page at company level is simply spectacular because we have the Premium version and facilitates the work on a large scale because we can advance content from home and all files have a unique security from the cloud, you can open in any browser just need the user to see all files, in my work this tool is essential and all the team share information through this way.

Payroll Clerk/Office Assistant

"Not "technology friendly""

What do you like best?

What I like the most is the ability to control who has access to different files.

What do you dislike?

Unless you set up your personal computer with Box Sync (which has to be done separately on every computer you work with, even if it's under the same log in), you have to log in to Box each time to access the stored files. I've found it almost impossible to work in Excel Online to edit my documents (which are primarily spreadsheets) and have to export them out to Excel proper in order to work in them; this option isn't available on every computer in our department, so I'm limited in where I can do the work.

I've also found that spreadsheets that are linked (i.e., changes in one spreadsheet affect the data in another) do not have the same settings when those files are stored in Box. In that case, it requires making the same changes in multiple spreadsheets in order to make sure the data matches across file locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Determine what functions your files require before storing them in Box, because they may not translate once imported. Make sure that all employees are trained on how to use it, and that all computers that employees (who have to use Box) use are set up for easier access (i.e., Box Sync).

I haven't seen any benefits from storing our files in Box. It was a required move by my employer as they wanted to get rid of the shared drive used by my department.

Authorized agent

"a tool to save in the cloud and share files wherever"

What do you like best?

Is an easy tool to use and navigate, it is used to save any file in the cloud that is the new fashion to keep anything important both for the company and for personal use, serves both for computers and mobile phones, organizes and administers the files that you have saved in Box in a smart way and you can preview the files you are looking for and then download it

What do you dislike?

what I do not like that sometimes has box sync conflicts to use on a computer with windows is difficult to use, you need to improve the look of search, classification and filter is missing enough, another could be to hide the document that is being shared , another problem that you have is the way in which you order the files that are listed by numeric dates makes the search cumbersome because it is ordered by the first letter after the numeric date

I've been in the company since the beginning and I was looking for a cloud tool to store all kinds of information and files that are of the company and personal use since it entails the use of a hard drive or pen drive at the time of any damage we trust the cloud in this case Box the platform has proved to be completely stable for the needs of my business has been an incredible tool to use as a way to share files between teams and partners to share folders with clients and to store / transfer files from external locations to my local desktops. Sharing large files is as simple as right-clicking and copying a link to the location of the file. You do not need to go through the web portal to share folders or documents.

coordinator

"Box is a tool for personal or office digital storage"

What do you like best?

allows users to upload all types of files in different formats, at the same time they can be shared among the other employees in the different departments within the company, this is a great tool since all the changes in a document or content in particular are they update in real time and everyone who works on that project can keep track of changes and updates, it's accessible anywhere, anywhere with a stable internet connection

What do you dislike?

A bad point seems a bit unpleasant due to its price. It offers four plans, the cheapest is the standard (for personal use, I suppose), followed by Business, Business Plus and Enterprise. Small and medium-sized companies can settle for medium-priced Business and Business Plus offers, another point desktop synchronization is different and technically inferior to other applications similar to BOX

a working tool was searched in which any file could be saved and modified and saved in the cloud without depending on any physical element (hard drive or pen drive) to save the files that were needed later in another place both inside and outside the company, we found BOX has already been our salvation apart from having storage in the cloud which entails that it has been beneficial for all of us who work here.

Senior Software Engineer

"A shadow of Dropbox"

What do you like best?

Box provides the basic features needed for enterprises in terms of storage and file sharing. Simple for simple tasks and does an adequate job for those tasks.

What do you dislike?

Box is advertised as a enterprise solution for the growing need of cloud storage in many companies. However from my experience the promise falls short especially in comparison to rivals such as dropbox and google drive. Aside from basic cloud storage Box under delivers on its other features. File sharing and collaboration features make the user question if the technology is still in the beta phases. There have been multiple occasions where I have used box desktop to save files to the cloud and then these files would simply disappear.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Decent software for those looking for basic cloud storage technology. However for enterprise users I suggest looking at rivals such as Google Drive and Dropbox which I personally think offer a more lucrative feature set.

I have been trying to use Box over the past 3 years for many consulting projects. More specifically as a repository to store files and a place for to edit documents/presentations. Box was able to fulfill the first aspect of my needs in terms of storage. However my experience has been poor in coordinating team edits on stored. files.

"Synchronization and fast storage in the cloud with Box"

What do you like best?

In our company we need to send and receive files, documents such as resumes, reports, videos about meetings and with Box we can do it in a very simple and fast way, we consider it the best place to store and share files in the cloud and that with a simple link we can share it so that it can be viewed or downloaded.

What do you dislike?

We believe that Box can improve your prices and at the same time your storage space. We have used other similar tools and can offer a better storage plan (that is, with more space to store in the cloud) and in relation to the price is usually something better. However, we are left with Box because it is very easy to use, excellent to synchronize and very secure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Since we use Box we save on costs of papers, printings, storage devices, since with Box we can do all this in the cloud, if your company or even for your personal use, you need to obtain all those advantages, Box is the program that you we can recommend.

We are a company that manages database about your customers, we constantly receive documents, reports, sheets of life, analysis and we always ask our customers and workers to use Box. The documents are synchronized with the web in a very fast and simple way. In addition, you have options of permissions or roles on the documents or files that we share and so we allow who can download, edit, visualize and much more.