Clockify

Clockify is a free time tracking software.

Work for Clockify?

Learning about Clockify?

Compare Clockify to Similar Solutions

Clockify Reviews

Ask Clockify a Question
Showing 26 Clockify reviews
Clockify review by Tyler D.
Tyler D.

"Great Time Clock for Freelancers"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use. You can easily set up clients and projects and clock in and out with a very simple to use interface.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint so far is that there is no way to easily send an email report to clients of my tracked hours. It's easy enough to save a PDF and email that, but a direct email function would be more helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a freelancer looking for a simple way to track hours, Clockify is for you. If you need a more complex system that tracks idle time and other such features, you may want to look at a different program.

As a freelancer getting paid an hourly rate, it's important to have some way of reliably tracking hours worked. Clockify is free, easy and straightforward. All I have to do is open the app/website, select the project I'm working on, and clock in. It doesn't take a lot of extra time and I can get to work quickly.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Clockify
Clockify review by Thomas J.
Thomas J.

"Background Extension; Incredibly Useful"

What do you like best?

The "Weekly" and "Detailed" reports provide fantastic analytics. I'm a very visual personal, so the reports that they provide are particularly helpful to me. Secondly, I love how this truly is "background" software. It's tucked away on your screen and allows you to continue working on your project.

What do you dislike?

It took me awhile to understand how the "Tags" system worked. At first, it seemed a bit complicated and difficult to manage. However, their online help was very useful and I am now using the Tags system with ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a project management tool to track your team's time, this is a beautiful (and FREE) product. If you're on your own and billing clients on an hourly basis, it can serve as a useful billing tool. Not only is Clockify effective in the way that it functions, it's visually appealing and doesn't force a constant eyesore on the top of your screen. Having used multiple other time-tracking softwares, I don't think I would ever go back to any others.

Finally, their online support is extremely helpful. I had some trouble with some of the finer functions of the product, but I soon realized they have an abundance of clear, helpful tips on how to use everything.

I have the capability to bill my legal clients in a consistent and reliable manner. There are several applications and different types of software that also serve this function, but I've never used one that is as helpful and simple as Clockify.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Clockify review by Scott A.
Scott A.

"Solid alternative to Toggl"

What do you like best?

The free version has all of the key features of Toggl and then some. The UI is nearly identical to Toggl, as is the overall experience of the platform.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to complain about really, but if I had to come up with something negative I guess there have been a few instances where the timer was glitchy and the page had to be reloaded, but the timer continued to run and track my time so there wasn't any harm done aside from a minor annoyance.

Our team uses it to track hours spent working on Jira tasks and for tracking hours logged towards capitalized projects. Clockify allows our entire team to log hours under a single free account where one person can run reports for the entire group. Very easy to use and a very helpful tool.

Clockify review by Irfan R.
Irfan R.

"Very simple and generous features"

What do you like best?

At simplicity its best.

Easy logging of timing.

Showing the timer in tab title is something which gives you quick information of the progress all the time.

Reporting is very easy to handle as they already have some predefined time-slots which is most common to be used.

What do you dislike?

its browser based only and gets logged out anytime.

Sometime it loose the recorded data if you leave the window open for more than 5-6 hours.

Rendering of rows which shows timer and task name is very slow and easily noticeable.

Offline support is something which it lacks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider this only if you are gonna use it for own tracking purpose. If you wanna share your report to someone else then other person might question on the data you sent because all those reported time can be changed by you itself and hence its not a right tool for logging hours and raising invoice out of that.

I track all my time with this software. Even though there are many in the market but due to simplicity only I use this as it doesn't force to add project/client/task. It just start recording time and you can stop it any time or can modify it.

This is good if you are doing it to track to yourself only. However all data can be changed anytime from own so you can not use it as a time tracker tool for your client.

Clockify review by Matias H.
Matias H.

"Keep track of your working time easily"

What do you like best?

It's very simple to use. Easy to add tasks, projects, if you need to assign the task to someone in particular you can do it with one click. Super easy to track your working time as you work in your projects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have to use the web base platform to add somethings and to see the new additions on the desktop app I have to re start the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy and reliable way to track time of how long do you spend working on a project or task. Clockify is the app you are looking for.

My own jobs. Tracking time that I put into my personal jobs.

Clockify review by Haley A.
Haley A.

"Clockify lets my team and I track time and as a result helps us improve productivity!"

What do you like best?

As a manager, Clockify enables me to build a bigger and better team where I can focus on productivity without getting distractions.It also helps me to keep track of employee time-sheets, billable hours, project completion, and schedules.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while there are occasional glitches while using the program.

I have been able to keep track of what my employees are working on to maximize productivity. It allows me to assign logs to project managers and clients and makes it easier to generate weekly, monthly & annual reports .

Clockify review by Andrea F.
Andrea F.

"Clockify for Research Projects"

What do you like best?

As a support to project management, Clockify allows our team to see to which tasks time is going and how much each task tasks.

What do you dislike?

The breakdown for individual people is more of a summary; it is challenging to see it by task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider also using the Chrome Extensions that allow users to enter in their time quickly while in a Browser. The mobile app is also great for our data collectors in the field, who can quickly enter their time. Overall, we found it helpful for our team!

We needed a quick way to track time for our data collectors and other staff, that would allow us to have reports overall, by team member, and by week. This is a great program for that!

Clockify review by jena l.
jena l.

"Perfect time tracker!"

What do you like best?

Great user interface, works with most company’s payroll system and has great support. You can categorize by project and the interface is easy to use. It has great time management features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that is it cannot be used with all company’s payroll systems. I could use with my old company’s system but cannot use it with my current one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a time saver! There is a cloud version. It is free and there isn’t a trial version, it is just free. It’s very easy to handle.

It solves time management, efficiency, very supportive and has a great interface. It shows timekeeping, reporting, and can show and accurate look at your workweek.

Clockify review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Clocking time to increase productivity for self or team"

What do you like best?

Great way to make every moment count when working on a project be it for one or for a team. Set up a task either personal or for the team and being able to break it apart into pieces that can be shared amongst the team or checked off as they are completed by the assigned individuals. Also works for accountability for individuals who are working on a project on their own.

What do you dislike?

Haven't encountered anything that I don't like as of yet. Still relatively new at using this but it doesn't seem to have any drawbacks other than the price from premium to server seems astronomically different and perhaps a bit unreasonable since it jumps up hundreds of dollars

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great asset for a company to use regardless of size or number of people.

A better more easily trackable use of time. The ability to see where time is spent and how it is spent is a great way to be able to quantify progress. I like how you can prioritize projects and see exactly how much time is being spent each day on each project per person. I currently don't have a team but I know that I will absolutely share this with teammates to help them achieve their goals and work towards the betterment of the team.

Clockify review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Perfect Time Tracker"

What do you like best?

Clockify is great for managing multiple clients and projects. You can switch in and out super easy and does not slow down other functionality. This application enables me to manage my time and to invoice accordingly. We did not use this software very long, but for the time we did it helped out a lot! For most of the projects we would complete for customers, it would take awhile to get the total times for each project and in the end we would usually undercharge the customer (which hurt us in the end). But with this software's help, we were able to get back on track.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - honestly one of the best time apps the company chose to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - you wont regret it!

Project times - mainly to see how much time workers were putting into certain projects to make sure we were billing customers accordingly.

"Great Resource!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use and setup. I also like the mobile app. I can track my progress on the go or setting at a computer. I love it and it is simple for anyone to use.

What do you dislike?

There are sometimes little bugs that happen between the app and the online web application. If you end a task online the app does not always automatically pick it up or vice versa. The editing of the times can sometimes be hard to distinguish if you can edit it or not unless you know that you can edit the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you just want a simple time tracker to keep track of the time you're spending on various tasks, Clockify is the way to go.

I am a programmer and I created something similar to clockify for my workplace. I did not have the time to update and add functionality to the application. So I went out and looked to find a piece of software that could log and keep track on our projects. Clockify fills that gap and I am very happy and excited about this program.

Clockify review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Very easy to use Timekeeper"

What do you like best?

I have used it at one of my jobs and it was very easy to use. The reports that were provided were particularly helpful to me, because I am a very visual person.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program can loose recorded data, if you leave the window open for more than 5-6 hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clockify is perfect for you, if you are looking for an easy and reliable way to track time of how long you spend working on a project or task.

Keeping track of my time worked for each week. It’s very organized and easy to just start recording time and stop at any time and/or can modify it.

Clockify review by Manuel R.
Manuel R.

"Fast, simple, free and multiplatform"

What do you like best?

This time tracker is very easy to use. With it you can define all your projects (with client assign) and check your productive.

What do you dislike?

The extension for desktop browser, the desktop app and the mobile app is ligth in comparision of the web app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clockify it's awesome simple alternative for work with multiple projects and tasks.

With this app I can register the time that I wasted in all of my tasks and projects.

Clockify review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Hard to beat FREE! "

What do you like best?

its FREE... hard to beat! Also the fact that you can have unlimited users

What do you dislike?

at this time i dont have any current dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to keep track of projects or other work related items. This is program for you! Allows you to keep up to the exact minute on projects. Also for the OCD people in the world this allows you to better manage your schedule.

I love how you can start and stop hours on all of my work projects, and allows me to keep better track of time spent.

Clockify review by yuraima g.
yuraima g.

"The best free sotfware free tracking time "

What do you like best?

I love that I can take it everywhere since I can use it from my cell phone, tablet, lapto or desktop computer.

What do you dislike?

The way to devise audit times for users is not yet comprehensible

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clockify 100% I recommend to all people both natural and legal since it is a super simple application of follow-up time for you, your team or projects.

It has allowed us to calculate exactly how much time is required in each client. In addition to the reduction of time tracking costs.

Clockify review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Simple time tracking software"

What do you like best?

I use this product to track time spent on my different projects and clients and found it straightforward and intuitive. I also really like the Dashboard breakdown and being able to assign a different color to each client.

What do you dislike?

I'm a new user and still experimenting with ways to better adjust to my workflow for everyday use. I wish the breakdown could be by project instead of client.

Figuring out where I am spending my time each day and where I am wasting my time.

Clockify review by Administrator

"Can't Believe It's Free"

What do you like best?

Our team had been looking for a robust time tracking tool, but it's hard to justify a monthly cost per team member for something that's not difficult to do without a tool. Clockify is amazing for tracking time and profitability by project and client, and it's crazy that there's no cost.

What do you dislike?

The Basecamp integration has not worked well, which would be helpful if it did.

Tracking profitability by being to calculate each team member's hourly rate by project.

Clockify review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Review of Clockify"

What do you like best?

The ease of adjusting times when need be, being able to track the multiple wages and an adaptable system for our less tech-savvy employees.

What do you dislike?

Not many problems but the most reoccurring one is miniscule- sometimes when clocking in on a mobile device the map takes a bit to load and recognize location.

Easier time tracking than by old-school punch and outdated computer clocking in. The app has made the hassle nonexistent to our employees.

Clockify review by User

"Decent Time Logging Platform"

What do you like best?

It's pretty user-friendly and has straight forward UX design.

What do you dislike?

It's unclear how to create a time audit for the group of users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would ensure that the team understands how to input the details about the projects that they're tracking. In our initial run with this platform, we had some confusion on how to keep track of the project names, etc. I would recommend a internal name structure that's consistent so that you can keep track of information.

We are trying to track the time that our design department is allocating to UX vs Advertising vs Misc design, and where we can optimize our abilities

Clockify review by Danielle R.
Danielle R.

"Clockify Great in Theory but not there yet"

What do you like best?

This system is very easy to use if you are a team of one.

What do you dislike?

This software is only easy to use if you are a team of one.

We needed a way to keep track of project time for a team of 10. IT was very easy for everyone to use and everyone to get their own time out of.

Clockify review by Mahmoud N.
Mahmoud N.

"Recommend Clockify"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a free software that lets you track yours hour, perfect for tracking hours, PTO's. It helps organizes time and keep everything in check. It is also web-based and easy access from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Some bugs on the app and online web application.

It's pretty simple to use, plus it's completely free on top of that. It helps manage time efficiently.

Clockify review by Administrator

"An excellent alternative to pricier software (with limits)"

What do you like best?

Clockify competes primarily on price. It is a well built platform with the occasional bugs and issues. For many start ups with limited funding, this is the one to use.

What do you dislike?

The platform suffers from certain bugs and slowdowns. Sometimes, the page has to be reset to show the updated information (although this is rare and in some deep menus). Hopefully these bugs will be fixed in future updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try since the free version is available and has most of the features a small company needs.

We have reduced our time tracking cost without any significant loss of functionality.

Clockify review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Quality time tracking that's free forever"

What do you like best?

The ability to download recorded data to a CSV allows me to arrange the data however suits me best

What do you dislike?

The description field doesn't cache entries making it a little bit more awkward to ensure identical tasks are recorded with the same description.

It allows us to accurately determine how much time is spent on each client.

Clockify review by User

"Early, but seems promising"

What do you like best?

For projects with time sensitivities or required hours, this lets multiple people record time spent on the project

What do you dislike?

Communication inside the software is lacking, making some tasks difficult to handle only within the software

We can track hours and report them accurately internally or externally, and collect time spent on the project in real time

"Clockify Rockifys!!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can organize all my business affairs and never miss anything

What do you dislike?

Nothing right now. I like to give it some time before I find something I don't like since I like to try different programs.

Helping my stay more organized. I have several projects going at once

Clockify review by User

"Great for keeping track of hours"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to keep track of hours worked and mistakes I’ve made when punching in times

What do you dislike?

All interfaces look the same so it’s important to pay attention that you are logging your own time instead of a colleagues

Keeping track of time. It’s easy for my managers to change my time punches as well

Learning about Clockify?

* We monitor all Clockify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Clockify to Similar Solutions