Deputy

4.7

Deputy provides software for Easy Employee Scheduling, Time & Attendance and Communication.

Work for Deputy?

Learning about Deputy?

Deputy Reviews

Showing 181 Deputy reviews
Deputy review by Emily L.
Emily L.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Deputy
Deputy review by Maryelis S.
Maryelis S.

"The best control of personnel with Deputy"

What do you like best?

It is an incredible platform designed with the management and control of the personnel, it allows to export data of the workers to make the payroll and reports, besides that it allows us to manage, control and modify the schedules of the employees, additional to that it allows you to send messages and emails to make confirmations and changes in staff schedules. At first it may be a bit confusing to use the platform, but the support offered by the Deputy team is fantastic. In conclusion if what you need is to take the order of the staff that works in your company Deputy is a good candidate for that, you can use it in your trial version while you decide whether to implement it or not in your company.

What do you dislike?

I really do not find anything that I dislike about this application, maybe I would only add that some advanced functions are hidden or it is difficult to find them. Of all the personnel management candidates that I have managed to use throughout my career, this is undoubtedly the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform that simplifies your work and helps in the management and control of personnel, Deputy is perhaps your best option, is a super comprehensive platform and adapted to the work environment, you can load and change work schedules, extract information for make the payroll, get information from the staff and other multiple tools that will be useful for the company, you can use it in your trial version for a while and then evaluate if it suits your needs, I recommend it above all to companies, like mine, They have enough workers.

Control the schedules and make the payroll before was a bit difficult to do, by the number of employees, often had errors or failures to do it, which brought me problems, since we use Deputy I do not think I had more than five errors making the nomina, Deputy simply works and makes your job easier.

What Workforce Management solution do you use?

Deputy review by Yorge S.
Yorge S.

"Effective and effective control in the company"

What do you like best?

It is an intuitive and easy to use platform, it helps me in the export of data to the system to make the payroll in a faster way, at the beginning it was a bit complicated to use it but the support quality is incredible and then you realize that use it is super easy, to work of it I can maintain order as it refers to work schedules, assignment of tasks and others. In general Deputy helps you to keep a clear order in the personnel of the company, send them messages, change shifts, export to make the payroll and multiple tools that little by little they are intengrando to his work life.

What do you dislike?

The bad that can be said about this platform is very little truth, I could only add that sometimes notifications are not always sent, and the fact that it is reviewed and authorized by the manager when an employee requests unavailability, leaving that aside it has practically everything, a form of communication, synchronization with the payment process system and ease of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend with your eyes closed to all the people who have to manage a large staff to use Deputy, you can set up work schedules, work schedules and shifts quickly and easily with this application that takes the management of people to mobile. Simplify your work and improve communication with this powerful tool that you can not do without.

The company in which I work has a significant number of employees, so sometimes it is difficult to manage the payroll or bonuses of the staff, and thanks to this platform I have managed to improve greatly in the speed and efficiency with which I do the work, in addition that we should no longer worry about conflicts in schedules and dates of work of employees.

Deputy review by Lillian L.
Lillian L.

"Deputy saves me time and is so easy to use!"

What do you like best?

As an Ops Mgr who runs payroll, I use Deputy to review and export timesheet data to our Gusto payroll system. The Deputy platform is very intuitive and easy to use. The best part is really the Deputy team who have provided incredible product knowledge and support while we set up a Gusto/Deputy integration and managed some complicated reports. The ease and efficiency of the integration me look and feel like a payroll hero at my company!

What do you dislike?

There are some features that are hidden or buried within the platform or employee profiles. One non-intuitive feature is that timesheets have to be approved in a certain order. When you're approving timesheets, the "next" button should force you to approve all timesheets in the correct chrono order from oldest to newest.

Deputy is allowing us to track timesheets for employees in 3 different states and timezones, and stay compliant with state laws. Deputy also helps us to pre-schedule shifts for retail employees which other time tracking tools can't do. It also offers an iPad app which we need!

Deputy review by Lydia  T.
Lydia T.

"Efficient and Straight-forwardand Straight-forward"

What do you like best?

Easy way of determining shifts and hours worked. Easy to swap shifts.

What do you dislike?

Some minor glitches from time to time. Notifications don't always get sent or appear when they should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you can always just check it out in the trial version. Make sure every staff member is set up properly. Each staff has their own login code, so I feel security is taken care of. Everyone has their own picture too and the ability to assign tasks to all staff. You no longer need to worry about scheduling conflicts and fixing other peoples schedules. Staff become self sufficient. Try it, you can always just check it out in the trial version. Make sure every staff member is set up properly. Each staff has their own login code, so I feel security is taken care of. Everyone has their own picture too and the ability to assign tasks to all staff. You no longer need to worry about scheduling conflicts and fixing other peoples schedules. Staff become self sufficient. Try it, you can always just check it out in the trial version. Make sure every staff member is set up properly. Each staff has their own login code, so I feel security is taken care of. Everyone has their own picture too and the ability to assign tasks to all staff. You no longer need to worry about scheduling conflicts and fixing other peoples schedules. Staff become self sufficient.

Easy for staff to swap or give away shifts to others.

Deputy review by Kenia W.
Kenia W.

"Control and management of personnel in one place. "

What do you like best?

I love Deputy, because it is an excellent platform to manage everything related to the staff, you can configure work schedules, work schedules and shifts quickly and easily with this application that takes people management to mobile. Another thing that I love about Deputy is its quality of support, we should not worry if at the beginning it is difficult for us to configure and start the platform, because Deputy customer service is great. Simplify your work and improve communication with this powerful tool that you can not do without.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I do not like about Deputy, it's all the personnel management that I need in one place, from assigning shifts to the export of data to make the payroll, Deputy simplifies and greatly improves the administrative work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the management and control of personnel, I think you will find a more complete platform than Deputy, although it is a bit complicated to use at the beginning, little by little we are discovering the many advantages it can provide to your company, especially in the resources department human and administration, so I recommend 100% Deputy for all personnel management and control.

Thanks to Deputy not only we assimilate, shift schedules and send messages to workers with each change and notification of schedules, we also have the facility to export all the data of workers to be able to make the different payroll, taking into account the number of workers there is in the company this is of extreme help to make work faster and more efficient.

Deputy review by Karen R.
Karen R.

"Deputy has saved me so much time its worth its weight in gold!"

What do you like best?

The best bit for me is being able to see what's going on and make more informed decisions about the workload on my staff and who is available to cover shifts. Also loving the fact they can confirm their shifts saving me for searching messages and emails to remember which ones are agreed and which ones are pending.

What do you dislike?

So far not much but it would be great to be able to switch the day the shift is on as a drop down rather than just dragging of when it needs to move weeks. A button to tag you back to today would be great to when scheduling rather than having to click through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have lots of staff don't think twice about it - it allows me to get more of my own work done in the time it saves me! The notifications to staff reading shifts directly also help people to keep up to date with whats going on and make it easier for staff to manage their working hours on their phones!

Staff management we have 10 very part tie staff with very different availabilities due to other jobs, children, lifestyles and this allows me to manage them effectively.

Deputy review by Duarte G.
Duarte G.

"All staff management tools in my pocket"

What do you like best?

Deputy is 100 times better than some apps or software products out there. It has all that I need from managing staff to payroll. Roasters can be divided per section and you can skill coded, you have literally on your pocket the tools to manage you staff, from sending messages across the board, tasks to specific members of staff, viewing the clock in and out, amending them if you needed, approving time sheets on the go and so much on. As you all can see I’m converted to deputy!!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would suggest, is when a employee requests unavailability it should the reviewed and authorised by the manager, because it’s the same as a leave request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deputy is easy to use in both levels as an employer and as employee. Employers have all the tools they need to manage the workforce and the tools to manage payroll.

Employees can have access to their time sheets, roasters, leave requests, unavailability, approved Hollidays, and so much more.

TIME it saved me so much time!!

Deputy review by Natalie T.
Natalie T.

"Deputy"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly Deputy is. I have had no issues learning how to use it, and it is very intuitive. Both the web version and the mobile version are great. I am happy that it is easy to send messages to anyone/everyone using it. I also like that I can see everyone's schedule, switch shifts around, etc. This is very easy to use in comparison to other scheduling methods I've used in the past.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I would change about Deputy. It includes ways to communicate with everyone using it, sync to my calendar, and ease of use. I really enjoy using Deputy for scheduling.

Deputy is very useful for scheduling shifts. It is nice that employees can choose whichever shift they want through Deputy, while also seeing who is working during any other shift.

Deputy review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Using Deputy is invaluable"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for us and our staff. We rely on it for scheduling shifts, for staff to sign on, communicate with each other, staff to offer shifts if they can't make a shift, validating time sheets and then exporting them directly into accounting software so wages can be actioned.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able hide some locations as we are in some locations for shorter periods than others. But then we return to them. At times this hasn't been easy for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate.

Staff sign on is extremely easy and reliable. Due to the sign in and Deputy being linked to Xero our time sheets are easy to complete. Staff know where they are for the week and can inform me immediately if they aren't available. Staff can communicate easily with me and each other and me with them.

Deputy review by Peter N.
Peter N.

"Saves so much time!"

What do you like best?

It compiles all schedules, time off, HR limitations, and auto schedules according to my needs. It saves a ton of time and headache and all my employees enjoy having an up to date schedule at their hands (as well as being able to swap shifts with the people Deputy recommends - Deputy takes into account all limitations and produces a list of viable people for swaps). Overall, it's just incredibly handy and once you get the swing of it, it's easy to use and can be flexible to fit your needs. The 24 hour web chat help line is also great!

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything that makes me dislike the product. It just simplifies so much!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trial period. Use the help they give. If you don't utilize the help and work hard at the start, you won't see what all it's capable of. If you leave all the setup and information input for the last week, you'll not really get to utilize the product and see how much it can help before the trial time runs out.

After we upgraded from 6 employees to 25 - I realized I could no longer schedule by hand. I've been able to save so much time by having the software auto schedule, and then tweak it. I am able to handle much more complex employee situations with scheduling and it's not a terrible headache or drain on me anymore.

Deputy review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"Easy To Use, Integrated With Payroll Processors - Saves Time, period."

What do you like best?

I really like the permission settings, the user interface and the ability to have it on a tablet, mobile device and/or desktop. You can also restrict use on devices and by IP. Deputy has really changed timekeeping and management for our company, we run payroll and export time sheets within minutes. We hear stories of companies where an HR person or accountant spends a whole day reconciling time sheets and processing payroll.

What do you dislike?

There were features being rolled out without the users being aware of them. Over a year or so ago I reached out to the company and informed them they should have a newsletter or help interface to introduce the new features to the users so the features are utilized and known. As far as I recall, a feedback and information loop has been implemented and its a great way to know about new features and actually use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommend Deputy to other business owners, consultants and management professionals in my network.

We have streamlined timekeeping, approval of schedules, scheduling and payroll thanks to Deputy.

Deputy review by Rod C.
Rod C.

"The solution to all your problems."

What do you like best?

The program is so simple to use, I love it, my staff love it - it's a win-win. I can do rosters at my desk, at home, at the beach in fact anywhere I need to - great flexibility. The amount I time I save now doing staff rosters and timesheets, far outweighs the cost of Deputy.

What do you dislike?

I am yet to find a fault with this product. I researched a lot of different rostering systems, some companies pressured you immediately to pay for their product, with Deputy I was able to trial for 30 days and there was no ask for any credit card details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this one a go - you won't be disappointed

Staff rosters used to take the best part of a day, now it is less than 1 hour. Not having to wait for staff to send in their hours worked by text or email also greatly cuts the amount of time for payroll each week as well.

Deputy review by Troy M.
Troy M.

"A complete time & expense easy to follow system!"

What do you like best?

The easy to follow & learn format. I needed to roll this out to 6 different store managers that all have a much different levels of comfort and computer know how with all different levels of education and age.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I disliked. They are constantly rolling out new changes, upgrades, and ways to look at your data differently. In the few months I've been using deputy I've seen a slew of new features that didn't come with a price hike. Very nice!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free month!! Set it up correctly and immediately.

#1 I am solving overtime and payroll issues that used to be "Already done, ask for forgiveness later" to being able to say "your payroll is trending an issue, how will you bring it down before it's a problem?"

Deputy review by John M.
John M.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

Ease of use is great with Deputy. It has everything laid out clearly. It has made scheduling much easier for my staff as well as myself. It has drastically cut down the amount of time I need to spend on scheduling. They also have great customer support, with someone getting back to me usually within minutes, no matter what time of day I contact them.

What do you dislike?

Some advanced features are a little hidden, like how to copy a weeks schedule and automatically fill in next week with the same times. I did contact support to find it and they were very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to explore and check all of the features out. If you have any questions, reach out to their helpful support.

Time management with scheduling staff. I have saved a good amount of time by using Deputy. it Streamlines everything and my staff also like he layout and features.

Deputy review by Rachel P.
Rachel P.

"Excellent Scheduling Solution"

What do you like best?

Deputy gives us all of the features we had on our previous scheduling software at a much lower price. Additionally, Deputy's features have been exceptionally easy to use, and there thread communication feature has helped us to replace another inefficient log system!

What do you dislike?

Staff members cannot see the entire schedule, and they cannot due a partial drop on a shift.

We use deputy to schedule our student staff members in our University Center. SO far it has been working very well for us - one of the biggest benefits to us over the previous software we were using is that we can adjust the number of active users based on how many people are actually working. Since we have a large fall off in our staff numbers during breaks and the summer, this has led to significant savings. Additionally, the trainings feature has been exceptionally useful for us, since we previously had no way of allowing students in one area to pick up work in other areas as well.

Deputy review by Christine G.
Christine G.

"Improves Efficiency and Connection"

What do you like best?

Communications have been greatly enhanced with the NewsFeed which provides an easy-to-use (Facebook-style posting) with the entire team (and/or individually among select team members). Deputy has been instrumental in helping our team stay more connected and improve our communication.That in turn has improved task accuracy and helped us work more efficiently overall.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to edit replies/comments on the NewsFeed - they have to be deleted and re-posted. Would be nice to have an edit button so that a typo could be quickly corrected.

Deputy has not only provided an easy-to-use time tracking and scheduling tool that's accessible 24/7, it's streamlined our payroll process by providing a way for us to standardize the way everyone clocks in. Also like how we can approve time sheets quickly and download reports as needed. The scheduling interface allows us to make sure all shifts and positions are covered at-a-glance.

Deputy review by Cara G.
Cara G.

"So far I'm quite impressed"

What do you like best?

I'm quite liking the flexibility, simplicity (for a full and potentially complicated system) as well as the cost and costumer service. Basically as it stands I'm quite happy with everything. I'm not easy to please, I do however like what I like and deputy has a nice combination or simple yet complex. It fits my work style, as well as flexibity needs.

What do you dislike?

To be honest each time I think I've found a road block, or something I don't like I find out there's an easy solution. Deputy has much more to offer then we've yet had a chance to touch on as a company but with very big plans in our future we'll really be putting it to the test.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, I tried many different ones prior and this is the first one that's worked for our needs and price point.

Scheduling and employee/contractor scheduling communications eg time unavailable, vacation, remote checkin, and soon will be using it to monitor pay vs sales.

Deputy review by Nicole F.
Nicole F.

"Great Solution for Small Business"

What do you like best?

Combines easy scheduling, time sheets, and communication. Only charges for people who actually worked in a period, so great if you have irregular schedules or event staffing needs. Can be logged in from a POS system or via app on smart phone. Also solves my time off tracking needs. I did a lot of research before choosing Deputy and have been very pleased with the tool.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with the smart phone app GPS. I've had people who I know clocked in while at our retail location, yet it showed them people a block or more away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for irregular staffing, mobile staff, tracking vacation, and if necessary tracking overtime. System automatically warns you if you in danger of going into overtime. One thing to consider is that I think everyone can see everyone else's schedule. That's not an issue for us, however you may want to check on that if it could be a concern for you.

Time sheets for part-time staff. Tracking vacation time for all employees. Easy scheduling and communication. Also flexes with our needs so we don't overpay for a solution. If we do end up needing to track overtime for salaried employees this will also meet that need.

Deputy review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"It makes time, attendance and rostering easy"

What do you like best?

Adding employees and connecting to other apps using the API. Support has always been available when we've needed it.

What do you dislike?

None so far. There's a fine line between too many features and too little and it's something Deputy balances quite well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you can import your Deputy timesheets in to your payroll software to get the biggest benefit.

We tried a hand-scanning time and attendance system previously but the hardware and software requirements were complex. Deputy on iPads with each employee using a pincode solves this and we can create the rosters and send them to employees with only a few clicks.

Rosters creation is down to minutes instead of hours.

Sending the rosters to employees takes less than a minute.

Time sheet approval by our managers is now done the day after a shift is completed and only takes a few minutes.

"great business tool"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see my schedule ahead of time, look at the upcoming weeks, request time off, and see work announcements all in one place. It's nice that it connects to my email so I can get notifications, but I can file those emails away and log into my deputy account to see it all in one place.

What do you dislike?

I hate when it surveys me right as I'm clocking on. I don't want to lose time clocking in answering a survey question. I also dislike how work announcements pop up and I have to navigate away from the screen in order to clock in. I would like to read work announcements on the clock. If it could just pop up as a notification on my sign in screen, that would be an awesome improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a great software for the company of our size. We have about 50 employees and it's a great option for both our local and remote employees.

I love being able to request time off via Deputy rather than emailing my boss. Both my employer and I can see when I have requested and we don't have to sift through emails to find that information. I also love seeing all my shifts laid out so cleanly--before my shifts were sent to me via email on a spreadsheet and it was so tiny and hard to read.

Deputy review by Calvin T.
Calvin T.

"very fast and efficient multi-platform HR back end for your business"

What do you like best?

The compatibility with iOS, MacOS/Win, Android is excellent and I've used Deputy for various platforms to date (iOS with the iPad, Android with the mobile phone, PC/Mac on the desktop) and they are all fully featured and has helped streamline our business immensely

What do you dislike?

The reporting function is still a little too bare at this point so I've mainly just exported timesheets in a CSV format to open in Excel so I can compile the reports I need manually in excel

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended unless there are budget constraints as the cost becomes quite high if the number of employees is large

the photo scanning function is excellent (for time tracking). This has helped us bypass the need to purchase fingerprint scanners and notebooks to log in the 'clock in and clock out' process for our employees

Deputy review by Sander K.
Sander K.

"Powerful tool with good integrations."

What do you like best?

The layout of Deputy attractive and functional. The mobile apps work great and give employees a lot of control, which makes doing payroll much easier.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features available on the desktop/web version that aren't accessible from the iOS app yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial and explore the software! I think you'll find that the list of features and price point are better than most of the competition. Test out the support to see if you get the help you need. For us they have always been really responsive.

Scheduling multiple employees is easy with Deputy, and being able to map out labor costs has provided some insights that I didn't realize I needed.

Deputy review by Lori W.
Lori W.

"The divine deputy"

What do you like best?

I have become a big fan of Deputy. It is a simple easy to use program/system for staff to sign on and off with their shifts, it is a wonderful workplace communication tool, and it halves the time needed to transfer time sheets/shifts to the payroll system. It also cuts down the time it used to take me to create a roster schedule by a good 50%. All in all an excellent tool for business to manage staffing and payroll and communications within a company.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to discover any dislikes. It is an extremely easy to use product and I am loving the time I save by having this at my site

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very easy to use tool for staff to sign on and off shifts, including break times.

Easy to communicate with staff.

quick and easy to transfer data to other programs in use.

Communicating with ease with necessary staff, assigning tasks for each shift/staff member. Ensuring that messages and instructions are received.

Time saving transfer of approved shifts to payroll system.

Deputy review by Kyle Q.
Kyle Q.

"Great ongoing experience using Deputy!"

What do you like best?

Having used other rostering/payroll programs previously, Deputy was a breath of fresh air.

Previously I would spend up to 5 hours doing a weekly roster. Now it takes me max 1hour.

Deputy isn't faster, it's easier.

During 6 weeks of using Deputy I've had 4 occasions where I've reached out for help. All using the online chat which sits in the bottom corner of Deputy.

Each time I've been answered within 2 minutes. 2 of those problems were fixed within 5 minutes of interaction.

The only reason it took longer was because I had to step away from the computer. But if you do so they send a copy of the transcript of your conversation to your email!

It's also refreshing to not be made to feel like an idiot when asking probably the simplest of questions to them.

What do you dislike?

I clicked the two part authentication when I first signed up and I'm told I can't undo that.

It doesn't work so I have to get a code sent to my phone every time to log in.

It's not a game breaker but it is annoying. Luckily leaving deputy open on my PC alleviates this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for rostering.

Rostering, budgeting wages, staff filling in requested time off so I don't have to chase them up.

The group messaging system is fantastic too.

We use it to send a weekly thank you to everyone for their hard work.

Deputy review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"Time saving and user friendly tool"

What do you like best?

I like the way you are able to manage employees and tasks in an ordered manner, the scheduling is simple and once you practice and play with it, you will find this software very helpful in regards to scheduling. We now have two companies using this system. Take the time to set up correctly and dont rush set up, take time to train employees in the easy app. It picks up scheduling errors and makes it easy to change, tracking leave and days off is also very easy

What do you dislike?

It would be beneficial to be able to schedules all shifts over several weeks at once. the confirmation code on the mobile should not be case sensitive, as we spent a day trying to figure out why peoples' acceptance did not register, as mobile phones capitilise the first letter, and having to change it to lower case it an extra task that i don't think is needed

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make full use of the trial period and you will be pleased

This app has stopped errors in booking casual staff incorrectly, it has also allowed communication between the office to the staff to improve as the comments are really helpful with clear instructions. It is making keeping track of bookings so much easier and it is clear what is happening each day and what training is being delivered and by whom, which makes running a small company easier. It also means that if I am away or busy, the other administrators are able to make changes and create shifts without having to rely on myself.

Deputy review by Rudy C.
Rudy C.

"General Managers specialty administration and owner referral center"

What do you like best?

More important the transition has simplified the process for scheduling which is now organized, easy and fun. With multiple departments to manage throughout the States, “Deputy” has given us easy access to manage all departments

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about deputy.I absolutely love everything about Deputy. This software has everything that my department needs and more. The simplicity of the software is amazing...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend "Deputy" to any organization

Every member is invited to download the Deputy app, they are able to view their schedule, customize their profile, request time off and received approval all from their smart phones. Team members don't have to wait to view their schedule. Once the schedule is completed they are able to view from their phones.

Deputy review by Sam C.
Sam C.

"Deputy Integration Support"

What do you like best?

The Deputy support team have been very helpful in what has been a time-consuming integration process between our POS system and Deputy, so sales data can be pushed to help predict rostering and wage costs.

The general rostering capabilities are fantastic and we are exploring all of the other benefits the software provides with great results.

What do you dislike?

The integration process has been lengthy, as there have been a few issues that needed to be worked out along the way. But i believe this is one of the first integrations between the two systems, so it is expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, easy to use rostering program

The ability to provide daily wage percentages from near live sales data helps us to predict how we should roster, including times of peak sales.

Deputy review by Arnela Z.
Arnela Z.

"Positive Experience "

What do you like best?

Deputy is very easy to set up. It is nice to be able to set locations, especially when you're working in a field where you have people in different locations. Also, the fact that there is an APP makes it even better!

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike. I had an issue once where I could not log in but that was resolved in a timely manner.

This is the first system we have used to track hours, so it is much better than having to remember what hours you worked and go forth. Also it integrated with Gusto which is what we use for payroll so it is really beneficial in that sense.

Deputy review by Sean K.
Sean K.

"Seriouse Support great result"

What do you like best?

With all change comes the constant change of adjustment, staff need a new groove and that takes up time and I don't have a lot of time, the deputy system accompanied by solid friendly support from Gary has been great.

The support offered is pro active, support team during installation have been not only answering the question we've been asking, they've also been looking at pre-emptive strategies to improve outcomes based around rostering activity, that's a pot of gold in making time available and that's been a real key element of service supplied.

What do you dislike?

Currently still working on staff getting on board, that's less about support and service and more about culture and change, culture and change are critical perhaps you could get resistance percentage of my work force to commit with offers

Quick real time, labour analysis and Gary of course

Deputy review by Luke Y.
Luke Y.

"Great inexpensive Employee Management Software"

What do you like best?

Has a great user interface and able to train my staff how to use it very fast and easily.

It has been a great tool to effectively management my staff while keeping a time sheets organised.

Easily managing staff on the go

Text back system

Option payment plans for convenience

No lock in contracts

What do you dislike?

There is a small cost if you choose to text your employees through the inbuilt texting system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research as deputy is great my small business, however, it is really what your needs are.

Look at how many employee you have and see the overall cost as deputy charges per employee

Employee Management

Timesheets

Workforce planning

Less time doing bookwork

Inexpensive way to manage staff

Deputy review by Bob M.
Bob M.

"So thankful to have Deputy in my tool box at my business."

What do you like best?

We have found Deputy to be extremely easy to use, very intuitive! Anytime we have had questions, support is just moments away via their support chat tab at the bottom of the every screen. Always answer our questions in just moments. The best customer support I have had for any software!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Seriously, this software works extremely well. It has been a real asset for our business!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I reviewed multiple companies offering similar service before choosing Deputy. I have clearly made the right choice. We have so completely happy with their service, customer service, ease of use... everything.

Time management, scheduling, timesheet monitoring, employees clocking in and out, so many problems have been resolved in our employee management and scheduling.

Deputy review by Carlos L.
Carlos L.

"Deputy Changed My Business"

What do you like best?

My previous manager used to write employee schedules on a calendar at our shop. This leads to more work on the staff to learn about their schedule and more human error. Once we put in deputy, all employees were able to see their schedule weeks out, from home and make a note of any dates they could not take. Communication with staff and owners were able to happen, and the ability to share information all the way down was able to be created more effortless.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that in the sharing channel I am only allowed one image and that videos are not an option.

Efficiency and communication

Deputy review by User

"Deputy is a great way for small businesses to easily manage their scheduling."

What do you like best?

I love how easy the mobile app is to use and how often it reminds you to log in to the app in case you forgot to clock in for the day. It's a perfect app for small business that need to add hours for their workers , and the workers can easily manage.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how posts on the mobile app are not sorted by most recent posts. Sometimes it can take a while to find specific posts that I'm looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small business with less than 30 employees this seems like an ideal time management system to use. If your company is growing too large then this product may be a little more difficult to implement into your system because of the need to add too many people to the schedule.

The major benefit that Deputy provides is the ease of adding new people to the payroll system. It makes the whole process painless for small businesses that are in the growing stages. Another positive exponent of the app is the ability to auto schedule people's work hours. This saves an immense amount of time for employers, where they don't need to constantly update their employees schedules.

Deputy review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Easier than anything else"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. schedule on the go. daily news feed updates are awesome. we use this on our phones more than anything and i think it helps not needing to log in to the main computer for clock ins and clock outs. i like the app on the phone. i like the

What do you dislike?

not much. supposed to be an app on the amazon fire but im sure its on the way. the mobile side is a tad bit less likely to be used to edit. i usually have to go in to the browser and log in that way to look at edits. i know the mobile has to be a condensed version but i like the UI of the dekstop mode whenever we are needing to adjust something specific

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it because it will make your staff empowered to clock in and out and gives them a voice to use

a little more tinker of fixing a clock in/out. I think one problem we are solving is we dont have to wait to turn the computer on and log in and load all the information to clock in. we just go on the phone and its there. I think we are also benefiting from having one location to see info on a daily basis. we can all log on and see an update and validate seeing the update

Deputy review by Karen (Kat) E.
Karen (Kat) E.

"Like it BUT it is still in dev - and users are the quality testers"

What do you like best?

I couldn't manage my team of "coming and going" Brand Ambassadors, and multiple events, without Deputy

What do you dislike?

Too many little quirks that need fixing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deputy is really on the right track, but be prepared to be your own / best tech support and realize it is a new program that has lots of little quirks that Deputy relies on the users to tell them about (I don't get the feeling they are doing much quality control on their side)

They have a customer support team but they are obviously foreigners whom I don't have confidence in. Often, the I cant with them, I feel like they don't know much about the product...or event technology.

Deputy review by Elenor L.
Elenor L.

"Easy Interactive Scheduling "

What do you like best?

Ease for staff to link to account and how the functionality is so intuitive.

What do you dislike?

It is easier to schedule via my laptop rather than the app. The app isn't as flexible for repeat shifts nor does it recall previous details, you have to manually change times and settings for each shift and employee. Also, the drop down for changing start and finish times is a bit clunky. I'd love it if the staff could manually adjust their own time-sheets before submitting too!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a reasonably large monthly outlay if you have a lot of staff but really reduces the headache of manually organising staffing rota's. My business isn't cash rich but I'm definately time poor. This massively reduces the time it takes to plan shift patterns. It's surprisingly intuitive and I'm really pleased I've made the investment.

Having an online view of the rota is now invaluable. It also enables me to plot tasks by employees and detail intricacies of their shift within notes so much easier ... strangely too it has enabled me to save money through not over staffing. Without this product it was easier to blanket cover shifts rather than interchange staff or stagger start times.

Deputy review by Allison M.
Allison M.

"GREAT APP, EASY TO USE FOR ALL EMPLOYEES"

What do you like best?

EASY TO USE, LOVE ALL THE FEATURES AVAILABLE FOR EMPLOYEES. VERY EASY TO SCHEDULE AND SWAP SHIFTS, EVEN WITH HAVING TWO LOCATIONS.

What do you dislike?

INACCURACY OF LOCATION, SOMETIMES IT STATES WE ARE FURTHER AWAY FROM SHOP THEN WE ARE. FOR EXAMPLE WE WILL BE STANDING INSIDE AND IT SHOWS US ACROSS THE STREET

SCHEDULING CONFLICTS. TIME OFF, UNAVAILABILITY, WE LIKE HOW YOU CAN PUBLISH SOMETHING IMPORTANT AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE SEES THE POST AND CONFIRMS. A LOT OF COMMUNICATION PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED USING THIS APPLICATION.

Deputy review by Tee D.
Tee D.

"East way to keep track of your work schedule."

What do you like best?

Deputy is timesheet database that helps you keep track of your schedule and those who you are working for during the work week.

What do you dislike?

Although I know my schedule it doesn’t track my actual hours if I happen to work surpass my schedule.

Takes the hassle out of accumulating paper timesheets. Weaves out data errors because info is already documented in hours

Deputy review by Marc S.
Marc S.

"Deputy is perfect for Escape Rooms"

What do you like best?

The ability of our staff to choose the shifts they want, make trades, and clock in/out.

What do you dislike?

There are some areas of customization that still need to be fleshed out like deleting templates for weeks and other items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product that really does what we need. We looked at other products and this was the best fit for our escape room business.

Scheduling has been eating up our time as owners as our business started to grow. We are spending significantly less time scheduling. Also it reduces issues where employees had not submitted manual timesheets before payroll is due.

Deputy review by User

"Consolidated Work Hour Information"

What do you like best?

I really like that my future hours, past timesheets, and notifications from my job are all in one place and that clocking in and out for work and for breaks is very easy and streamlined.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this helps enable my job to posting my hours very last minute, being able to schedule me to be in less than 12 hours from the time they post my hours on a regular basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seems to be very helpful

Deputy allows for more ease of scheduling workers and being able to notify them all in one place.

Deputy review by Lidean E.
Lidean E.

"Deputy - Highly Recommended!!!"

What do you like best?

Deputy is super easy to use, it covers most aspects of staff/rostering. Deputy is open for communication from both ends between Manager and staff members. The app is very efficient and also very easy to use! My staff and I love it! We have used Deputy for almost 2 years now with no problems. If you ever do get stuck there is a very supportive online support team ready to help!

What do you dislike?

The app does not feature all abilities the full site does - which is understandable. The support team helped us through these hurdles and are no longer an issue for us!

Staff rostering is made easy! Staff communication via the "newfeed" is great! Everything you need is all together in one area.

Exporting to Payments/Payroll is simple. Staff is constantly aware of roster and all is mobile which is great!

Deputy review by Randall M.
Randall M.

"Deputy!"

What do you like best?

Deputy is easy to use for all of my employees (from the tech savvy to the flip phone crowd).

What do you dislike?

No real complaints so far with the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check with your current payroll company to see how they work with Deputy (over the air or downloaded file). The original payroll company we had when we launched Deputy was a downloaded file and my implementation specialist was on the phone with them for over an hour trying to help me figure out best practices for it.

Deputy allows us to give our employees the ability to clock in and out when they arrive/leave job sites. It has cut down on the calls into the office and the every present "Umm I don't know what time I was there" issues.

Deputy review by Gustavo G.
Gustavo G.

"Passing the burden to someone else"

What do you like best?

Finally I do not have to worry about expending hours creating a roster. Moreover, updating every single employees hours on a daily basis.

Being able to divide every location into task help us a lot to differentiate better tasks.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more options to add format. Some times is hard to differentiate empleyees from team leaders or

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and their support is very good. always ready to help you.

Reaching casual employees was difficult but know they can make changes and swap shifts in real time without coming to me every single time.

Deputy review by Megan B.
Megan B.

"Amazing Scheduling Program"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, 24/7 support

I love that i can easily schedule time off requests, vacations, unavailability. I also love that it is real time and i can pull it up and make changes on my phone for all to see

What do you dislike?

Disabled the clock in feature initially while we were using it and it still tells you you are late to clock in!

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is great and the customer service is amazing and so helpful!

Huge benefits for our hospital with multiple locations so that you can make sure employees are not scheduled in numerous departments at the same time. Able to use for whole hospital scheduling and to track attendance, tardiness and requests so much easier.

Deputy review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Best Scheduling Application around."

What do you like best?

The fact I can update and schedule meetings in real time and everyone gets the update as soon as its sent.

What do you dislike?

Auto scheduling can sometimes act up, but Deputy has been there every step of the way to help fix the issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a life saver. It's helped out business stay on track with meetings, time sheets and every day scheduling.

Making sure everyone can make meetings/scrums.

TImesheets, their easy as pie to fill out and make it super easy for our accountant to pay people without having to go through a bunch of manual timesheets.

Deputy review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Great time clock with accompanying app!"

What do you like best?

I really like that I am able to clock in and out in my phone through the app and see how long my lunch break is in real time.

What do you dislike?

At least once a week when I’m logging in to clock in it asks me to review the program and it slows me down when I’m usually trying to get started on my work. I feel asking that after clovking out would be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great for a team like ours where there are employees in a central office but also remote employees spread out across the US.

Having all our team’s time sheets in one place frees up time for HR and finance employees.

"Deputy Duty "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to use an app so we can clock in on our phones.

What do you dislike?

It is a very efficient system but is slightly easier to use on the desktop rather than on the phone screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very simple employment system, good for small companies to increase ease in clock in/clock out. I would like to see more features such as a suggestion section. Another good option could be contacts for management depending on certain issues you want to speak with them about.

It enables you to view other employees on the schedule. It makes swapping shifts easier.

Deputy review by Joseph S.
Joseph S.

"Takes the pain out of labour management "

What do you like best?

As a head chef/manager of a busy cafe in trendy western, rostering was a nightmare andlabour costs were thru the roof. With the help of deputy, Rostering is a breeze and labour costs are more manageable as deputy records and presents information from week to week

What do you dislike?

Not much really, the only thing which springs to mind if there's a problem with the internet connection people can't clock in / clock out

Labour management

Reducing Labour costs

Deputy review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"Makes Payroll a Breeze"

What do you like best?

I loved using Deputy to keep track of staff working each day and which section of the company they were working from that day, also fantastic to have my manager schedule my shift for the week and see everything so clearly. I'm a huge fan.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike a thing about Deputy. The app is great, the admin are helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret using this software at all. Made my roll in admin so much easier.

Helping the payroll team I was able to pull reports showing anything I needed from who is on leave and what kind of leave to how many total hours all staff had worked that week etc

Learning about Deputy?

* We monitor all Deputy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.