Deputy Reviews & Product Details

Deputy Overview

What is Deputy?

Deputy is the ultimate workforce manager, offering you the best technology in a web based solution. Simplifying your scheduling, timesheets, tasking, employee communication and administrative tasks. With brilliant apps and one click payroll integration we make your life easier. Let Deputy give you visibility and control over your business and workforce management.

Deputy Details
Discussions
Deputy Community
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Deputy provides software for Easy Employee Scheduling, Time & Attendance and Communication.

Deputy exists to make your life easier. How do we do it? We offer an intuitive, easy to use solution with a mobile first approach. You & your employees can get set up in minutes & you can always access Deputy from the convenience of your phone. We also offer an all-in-one solution – we seamlessly integrate with over 300+ partners to keep your business connected & running smoothly. No other solution out there offers as robust a set of features at such an affordable price point. We save you time so you can get back to running your business.

Deputy

Deputy Reviews

Showing 191 Deputy reviews
Already have Deputy?
Managing Director
What do you like best?

Nice UI, easy to use software. Fairly basic for time keeping but seems like it could do the job well and be reliable.

The mobile app also seems very well built and a solid addition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Terrible customer service, sent 3 emails no reply, waited 2 weeks. Went on live chat who didn’t even apologise and said they’d be happy to help instead, so I asked them my questions about GDPR. They simply said to read the security doc on their site for answers. Seriously how lazy can you be? Anyway I’ve already done this, doesn’t have all the answers I need.

I give up trying to be a customer at this point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s great software and if you don’t need any support or information on GDPR compliance it’s probably a great product to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Effectively track employees time remotely. The software does a great job at this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Barmaid
Open Discussions in Deputy
G2
AC
What do you like best?

Deputy is a simple program and very easy to us! It uses GPS when an employee clocks in, which is great for labor and employee accountability. We are a residential and commercial mechanical contractor with a shop. When it comes to itemizing labor to each location this is the perfect program. When its time for payroll it takes two clicks and it is uploaded to the payroll system. There is a great options on how to export time-sheets as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reporting on deputy in not set up very well. Also getting a complete list of locations you have to get from the help team. Deputy needs a multi-archive button for locations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a time card application that is simple this is it! I recommend this to anyone in the plumping, repair, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, construction, or any company who does service calls! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using multiple locations has been so easy with deputy! I love the integration with ADP. When you enter a new employee in ADP it automatically uploads it through Deputy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Support Executive
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to schedule work time for each employee or employee group. Once scheduled they would receive their weekly shift which works wonders for us.

We currently use an iPad stationed at each location where its mandatory for an employee to log in, which takes a picture to authenticate that they are physically present at the location. The Deputy app works great, we have never had any issues with it.

Attendance tracking, workforce management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think editing a shift should be easier, its not super hard, but it takes some getting use to in regards to ensuring that when you edit the shift it does not overlap and it is posted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just go ahead and use it, I think it meets the needs anyone who wants time scheduling or shift scheduling, workforce management etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employee scheduling issue, we had a major problem with scheduling employees, workforce management and time and attendance, also time tracking. This greatly solved this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder and Developer
What do you like best?

As someone who works part-time jobs to supplement my freelance writing career, you can always tell which teams/organizations care about making it easier for everyone. Usually the first red flag is how you get your schedule.

I work Sunday's as an event planning associate for Smorgasburg in Downtown Los Angeles, and the Market Manager's use of Deputy has set a quite bittersweet bar. I no longer have to constantly be calling and or emailing some supervisor, some rep, some anyone to know where or whom my clock-in location will be at. I clock in through my inbox.Anyone who has worked with a temp agency, or just freelance gigs in general, the location of a clock-in area can often times feel like part of the job itself, without the benefit of getting paid for it.

With Deputy that is a nightmare that never has to happen, at least on Sundays. I know my schedule way in advance, and the day I actually need to work, the only thing I'm concerned about is getting things done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As spoiled as it sounds, logging in sometimes feels like a hassle. The first few months I was using Deputy, I completely forgot my pin code, so I kept having to log in through the app with a picture of myself. I don't see why it can't be like Apple Pay, where you can just use your fingerprint, that would not only be ideal, but it seems like that would be the perfect way to log in to our team's account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure use of it is consistent, because it can get easily put to the side. There has been the occasional day where our market needs to open earlier than usual, so everyone kind of assumes that clocking in isn't necessary. Once the day is over, everyone has their own idea of how long they've been working and what not, or if they've been working longer than the other, and there management is without any data.

People can get too use to the seamless experience of just clocking in on a phone or an ipad, that when they feel they dont have to, it doesnt seem like a huge issue, but it will be when you need the data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The market is open for six hours, but our schedules last for twelve. I can't imagine how annoying and wasteful it would feel to get everything set up, prepare new event related vendors, and also have to spend some of that first critical hour setting up, also clocking in at an office I've rarely ever seen. Suppose the manager isn't even there yet (as has sometimes been the case).

Deputy just makes something that shouldn't be a big deal turn into something that feels nonexistent. For people who don't know that life of one gig after another, it may seem like not a big deal, but for someone who has done it for years, it is a night (mare) and day difference between employers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I first used Deputy when working in Australia and immediately liked it. It is very intuitive, attractively designed, easy to use and the online support is excellent. It’s a great way of integrating timekeeping, scheduling, holiday requests, and payrolls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have found it quite difficult integrating deputy with our sage payroll. Definitely a lot harder than we were promised. We have a lot of different pay rates that change depending on location and time of day - deputy doesn’t accommodate this very well unless you are prepared to pay for them to customise the platform for you. This is very expensive so we are struggling on with the basic set up. It is frustrating but overall still a good system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would recommend this system. It’s not cheap though so work out if you really need it before committing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deputy has helped us eliminate the problem of staff being double booked for a shift. Another problem we used to have was staff holidays being forgotten - now they are all inputted on deputy and the managers can see who is on holiday when they create their rotas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EL
What do you like best?

Deputy has great features and is really easy to use, but by far its best "feature" is their 24/7 support team, available on live chat. They're there for everything you ever need, and even helped us build a custom report when we needed one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Trying my best to be objective here, but I cannot find a fault with Deputy. Maybe some more in depth or special reports require a bit of custom work - but as mentioned their support team gladly helps you build them, so all good! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employee punctuality, timesheet management, rotas all sorted. No more Excel and phone calls! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UAV Operations Coordinator
What do you like best?

The flexibility in options for setting up Locations, People, and access rights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deputy has allowed SLSNSW to have volunteer location managers interacting in a positive way with our volunteer pilots and ensuring all rosters are filled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Performance Manager
What do you like best?

This system's user interface is very easy to use. Support team is very fantastic as they are available 24/7. It is very easy to customise company's dashboard to offer open shifts and shift swapping. The pricing for this software is very reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No much to dislike however the website and phone app is only available in English, this may limit other people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It a good software and I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This software offers us a better collaboration through seamless communication. It has eased handling of workforce from any device and it also allows employees to interact through this software regarding work. It provides notifications that keeps us connected in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

People Operations Coordinator
What do you like best?

As an Ops Mgr who runs payroll, I use Deputy to review and export timesheet data to our Gusto payroll system. The Deputy platform is very intuitive and easy to use. The best part is really the Deputy team who have provided incredible product knowledge and support while we set up a Gusto/Deputy integration and managed some complicated reports. The ease and efficiency of the integration me look and feel like a payroll hero at my company! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that are hidden or buried within the platform or employee profiles. One non-intuitive feature is that timesheets have to be approved in a certain order. When you're approving timesheets, the "next" button should force you to approve all timesheets in the correct chrono order from oldest to newest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deputy is allowing us to track timesheets for employees in 3 different states and timezones, and stay compliant with state laws. Deputy also helps us to pre-schedule shifts for retail employees which other time tracking tools can't do. It also offers an iPad app which we need! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Deputy is very user friendly and aesthetically pleasing! The app is color coded and easy to navigate. It’s very efficient when it comes to clocking in and out of work. Also very useful for seeing your timesheets and paychecks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that deputy sends multiple notifications for a single post. I receive a notification through the app which I must look at to dismiss. I also receive an email and a reminder email for the same notification. It is too many reminders for a single post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have had no problems with deputy! I enjoy that I remain signed in and do not have to login every time I open the app. It has been my favorite app for the work place! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I like how well this tool works on cross platforms, whether iOS or Android. They both have good responsiveness on this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ability to integrate with Google Calendar would be awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Create tool for managing employees on a small and large scale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great tool to manage employees time tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The best part of deputy is the ability to see your shifts and everyone you work with in a very easy to understand layout Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can’t see your past schedules as you were scheduled. Only the individual specific times that you worked. Also, without a separate private messaging section, this can be confusing at first when trying to only contact one person Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deputy makes it easier to plan and understand scheduling and hours Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Designer
Graphic Design
UR
What do you like best?

I really like that my future hours, past timesheets, and notifications from my job are all in one place and that clocking in and out for work and for breaks is very easy and streamlined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this helps enable my job to posting my hours very last minute, being able to schedule me to be in less than 12 hours from the time they post my hours on a regular basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seems to be very helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deputy allows for more ease of scheduling workers and being able to notify them all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Easy scheduling, good app, check in options for staff make it easy to export hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Don't like paying per user in general, message board could get some more options and longer text. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling our team and for them to access planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

My previous manager used to write employee schedules on a calendar at our shop. This leads to more work on the staff to learn about their schedule and more human error. Once we put in deputy, all employees were able to see their schedule weeks out, from home and make a note of any dates they could not take. Communication with staff and owners were able to happen, and the ability to share information all the way down was able to be created more effortless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that in the sharing channel I am only allowed one image and that videos are not an option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Efficiency and communication Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Video Producer
Graphic Design
What do you like best?

Deputy is timesheet database that helps you keep track of your schedule and those who you are working for during the work week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although I know my schedule it doesn’t track my actual hours if I happen to work surpass my schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Takes the hassle out of accumulating paper timesheets. Weaves out data errors because info is already documented in hours Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy way of determining shifts and hours worked. Easy to swap shifts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some minor glitches from time to time. Notifications don't always get sent or appear when they should. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, you can always just check it out in the trial version. Make sure every staff member is set up properly. Each staff has their own login code, so I feel security is taken care of. Everyone has their own picture too and the ability to assign tasks to all staff. You no longer need to worry about scheduling conflicts and fixing other peoples schedules. Staff become self sufficient. Try it, you can always just check it out in the trial version. Make sure every staff member is set up properly. Each staff has their own login code, so I feel security is taken care of. Everyone has their own picture too and the ability to assign tasks to all staff. You no longer need to worry about scheduling conflicts and fixing other peoples schedules. Staff become self sufficient. Try it, you can always just check it out in the trial version. Make sure every staff member is set up properly. Each staff has their own login code, so I feel security is taken care of. Everyone has their own picture too and the ability to assign tasks to all staff. You no longer need to worry about scheduling conflicts and fixing other peoples schedules. Staff become self sufficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy for staff to swap or give away shifts to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

Great scheduling software. Easy to use. Good communication tool for employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It’s a good product for what we use it for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling issues. Communication tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Support Specialist
What do you like best?

The fact I can update and schedule meetings in real time and everyone gets the update as soon as its sent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Auto scheduling can sometimes act up, but Deputy has been there every step of the way to help fix the issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a life saver. It's helped out business stay on track with meetings, time sheets and every day scheduling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making sure everyone can make meetings/scrums.

TImesheets, their easy as pie to fill out and make it super easy for our accountant to pay people without having to go through a bunch of manual timesheets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

I used this product whenever I worked at a nonprofit. It was really efficient & made it easy to track hours. If I forgot to log hours, I could go back and do it, and give my boss a reason why I was logging afterwards. Great for accountability Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Are you felt like it was hard to learn to use at first but after learning it was a great app. Set up was hard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to make login are ours as a nonprofit more officiant. It became a great tool for the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Deputy is a simple solution that made time tracking easier for my team at bitflyer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they could track overtime and double time more effectively Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make double time and over time more accurate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

timetracking for hourly workers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love how easy the mobile app is to use and how often it reminds you to log in to the app in case you forgot to clock in for the day. It's a perfect app for small business that need to add hours for their workers , and the workers can easily manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how posts on the mobile app are not sorted by most recent posts. Sometimes it can take a while to find specific posts that I'm looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a small business with less than 30 employees this seems like an ideal time management system to use. If your company is growing too large then this product may be a little more difficult to implement into your system because of the need to add too many people to the schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The major benefit that Deputy provides is the ease of adding new people to the payroll system. It makes the whole process painless for small businesses that are in the growing stages. Another positive exponent of the app is the ability to auto schedule people's work hours. This saves an immense amount of time for employers, where they don't need to constantly update their employees schedules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can sign in and out of work so easily with this app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while, the app will glitch or be a little slow to upload a photo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is my app to sign in and out of work. I also send my daily report and sales through the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Deputy?