TimeCamp

TimeCamp is an automatic time tracking software for teams and individuals.

Work for TimeCamp?

Learning about TimeCamp?

TimeCamp Reviews

Ask TimeCamp a Question
Showing 121 TimeCamp reviews
TimeCamp review by Bharti P.
Bharti P.

"Excllent time tracker "

What do you like best?

It is so easy to work with TimeCamp. I just select the task and then hit the timer. Now, I do not have to count the minutes for the task as in nutshell it automatically calculates and showcases the total worked hour. I can even add manual time in it. I highly recommend it to others who are looking for free or very inexpensive time tracker tool.

What do you dislike?

I do not think that there is anything which I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease to work with and it's totally free for one user. It automatically calculates all the minutes and in nutshell shows complete hours you have spent in the day. It also sends report of previous day on the email. Also, you can add manual time in it. It is pretty easy to use and you can even invite multiple people to work on the project and can even assign the roles to each one. It also shows the total hours spent by each user in the month, which I think is great feature for the team manager. It is undoubtedly a great site which also works as an excellent project management tool. I seriously recommend it to everyone who is looking for the best site for tracking the time.

I am a Freelancer and use TimeCamp to keep the track of the hours for an hourly project. I can hit the start and stop timer anytime. I can even add time manually.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about TimeCamp
TimeCamp review by Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.

"TimeCamp for Freelancer"

What do you like best?

I like the Google extension and integration with Trello; the price; and the customer service has been excellent. I spent a good amount of time chatting with a CSR regarding Invoices. Although I'm not able to do what I want with invoices, I still use TimeCamp for all of its other benefits.

What do you dislike?

The invoice. I'm a contracted freelance designer that works with several different clients but I bill to an umbrella company. In my invoice, I'd like to be able to list each client as the Project/Type with billable tasks listed under each client. But because I use Trello, TimeCamp sees Trello as my only Project with my clients as Tasks. If I set up my clients as Projects in TimeCamp, I can't use Trello. From Reports, I can export an Excel file that does what I'm wanting to be able to do with an Invoice, so I use that instead and create my own invoice.

While I don't use all the benefits of TimeCamp (i.e., monitoring all of my computer time going down internet rabbit holes), I still find TimeCamp to be incredibly beneficial. I'm a designer so I need to know on what step of a design I need to learn to be faster or to charge a client more because that step is actually more time consuming than originally thought.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

TimeCamp review by Krishnan P.
Krishnan P.

"You cannot improve what you dont measure"

What do you like best?

And this is one of the best tools in the marketplace for measuring activities and productivity. This is a must have software, for every contributor, not just for managers. It does a great job categorizing websites out of the gate. Clearly they are not aware of intranet/custom sites, so you will have to customize that but it is very easy to do so. Incredible tool. I have personally benefited from using it to review my own time.

What do you dislike?

Not much at this time. You need to remember to turn on/off privacy mode... would be nice to have that built in for certain sites (Amazon/FB) but... overall that's not too much of a hassle. Sometimes the app crashes and re-starts additional instances.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into the simplicity... dont spend too much time on trying to explore and exploit everything it does. start small, then expand only as needed. let the business drive the software

Productivity measurement - hours worked, on what app. It puts a number on how much time has been spent doing what. For me, it made me realize communication via email was over 80% of my PC use... couldnt put a number on that before timecamp

TimeCamp review by Kathryn S.
Kathryn S.

"Absolutely Ideal for a Small Office with Billable Hours"

What do you like best?

The primary reason I chose TimeCamp was the direct timekeeping-to-invoicing function, which has been a tremendous timesaver. I love the way it shows me what I'm spending my time on even when I'm not logging billable hours, and when I (so briefly!) had an employee, I was able to generate invoices that did or did not differentiate to the client whether their work was done by me or my employee, which was an important feature for me. Sometimes I wanted them to know, sometimes I didn't.

What do you dislike?

I had difficulties adding a seat for my employee, but the customer service to help me solve that has been outstanding!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have billable hours for multiple clients at multiple rates, and want your daily timekeeping to seamlessly be turned into email-able invoices, look no further, this is the one!

To be able to punch the timekeeping button, after entering a brief description of what I'm doing for the client that I have chosen, and have that turned into an invoice that I can email to the client, is indispensable. Being able to set different billing rates for different clients lets me use the program in a way that reflects my actual business practice. I have tried several timekeeping programs, and have found that the functionality of TimeCamp has the others beat by an order of magnitude. I also especially like the revenue report, which is really motivating!

TimeCamp review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The only time management solution I WANT to use"

What do you like best?

After using multiple different time management solutions throughout my career, TimeCamp is by far the most practical, user friendly and accurate solution I have ever used. In the past the time keeping logs were done on the 31st of each month with 'I think this is acceptable' values. TimeCamp remove that administration headache and each day with a 'click click click' its done. Perfect!

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the only thing which disappointed me with TimeCamp is when I try to modify my times through the mobile. For some reason I can't zoom in when editing the precise minute I started and ended a task.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its simple - use the trial, you'll love it, buy it, implement it! You definitely won't regret it!

There was two reasons I've chosen to use TimeCamp. 1. It allows me to monitor the hours I spend in the office each day, (practical) and it is a fantastic tool for helping to indicate my commitment to the company and tasks I am performing. (this is helpful at annual review time).

2. There was a serious problem with billing clients for additional work. After releasing one of our solutions to a client and some additional customisation is required, this additional work was roughly estimated and billed. Now we can identify exactly how long these tasks take and accurately bill the client for the extra work.

TimeCamp review by Glenn C.
Glenn C.

"Makes the worst part of my job easy!"

What do you like best?

I love that Timecamp is it built into my menu bar on my computer. I also love how easy it is to keep track of how much time I've spent on a job as well as how much time I have remaining.

What do you dislike?

I wish i could customize the reports more and brand them so I can submit them to clients with invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Timecamp is my favorite time tracking website/app I have come across. The way it is easily used for small simple jobs as well as large complex job is my favorite aspect.

It helps me budget my time better and keep track of it. My clients are always impressed when I submit a details time log with an invoice. It has really helped me build even stronger trust with my clients.

TimeCamp review by Abraham A.
Abraham A.

"The easiest, fastest and most professional time tracker and glossary maker tool ever used "

What do you like best?

Easy access and start time tracking fast as possible,

The direct support assistance even for free users,

Discount for students,

Free integration with trello

Business only needed features it's the only thing that you need to pay for.

Best report format and features i have ever seen

What do you dislike?

Everything i great except for the desktop app that its a little bit un-updated for 2018 BUT they say they are working in a new one.

If i had to say anything else i would say that a better guidance through the whole ecosystem that they have wouldn't hurt any new user also more use of the youtube channel for advanced tutorials or something like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Activate the email daily and week report are very usefull, when they release the desktop app prove keeping track of what you do when u are in the computer its an interesting way of seeing your life

I need to report my working/studying hours to my university so im using this to keep track of everything i do

TimeCamp review by Gedas B.
Gedas B.

"I finally found an app that works!"

What do you like best?

I love weekly and monthly time reports. Amazing visualisation on a mobile device. Very handy and easy to observe the data and make useful conclusions.

What do you dislike?

There were a few times when I lost the data while using the mobile device. Perhaps that was a broadband issue, but it would be good if that data would be stored within the device.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great time tracking application. I can't say if it works for invoicing purposes but if you got fed up with Pomodoro applications, this one will be a sophisticated relief.

Initially, I was trying to figure out the amount of time I'm working on unrelated tasks. I work in the marketing department and I get many unrelated tasks to compensate for my other peoples digital literacy skills. I wanted to have a proof that my time is being significantly impacted by this.

TimeCamp review by Todd B.
Todd B.

"Fantastic time tracking"

What do you like best?

The application records open applications and time spent in said applications. This allows me to look back and edit my tracker for periods where I forgot to start the timer.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What do you dislike?

When creating a report by days, the notes I recorded in each project does not appear.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is great software to use even if your company uses a cookie cutter time card tracker or big name time sheet system. It has saved a lot of time not having to dig back through emails or manually track my time.

Time cards for work / project task activity tracking.

TimeCamp review by Amber G.
Amber G.

"TimeCamp for virtual assistants"

What do you like best?

The biggest plus for us is that TimeCamp allows for multiple projects and a variety of reporting options. Having the ability to provide detailed and budget reports to our clients is a must and after reviewing three or four other time-tracking software programs, TimeCamp was the only one that handled reports the way we wanted.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to complain about – TimeCamp has been great for our team of virtual assistants. Forced to put something here, I would say that the fact that I can't log in from my phone is the only negative thing. I created my account with my Google account, so I don't have an email and password specifically for TimeCamp. The mobile app doesn't have an option to log in with Google so I can't access my account through the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are managing a high number of projects and users, TimeCamp is the best I've found for keeping up with everything and staying informed as the owner/admin. It's also easy to add new users and projects. My favorite feature is the budget exceeded or almost exceeded notifications. No other time tracking software I've reviewed has provided this in the same way.

We are keeping track of over 50 projects currently and easily able to keep up with the budgets and reports. The budgeted time exceeded emails are huge and have helped us get ahead of our billing. Another thing that has helped us take our commitment to our clients up a notch is the online reports that use links that update in real-time when more time is logged.

Allison S.

"Best one for companies."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and integrates very well with insight. Futures and tools are very responsive for all of your works. to set projects in schedule and good for cost estimation. best for individuals using and great way to deal with deadlines. I am using my time more wisely !

What do you dislike?

I think its quality is a bit low and price is high quite should be decreased. also mobile version is not useful as much as website version and sometimes on website version I have connection problem not becasue of my internet but because of Timecamp it should be fixed as soon as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend to all companies and for those people being manager,workers even for teachers.

you will be on time person and creative person with Timecamp.

We are using time camp with my team mates and we are preparing a lot of organizations. thanks to report functions we can inform each other on time and see what is the deadlines by this way we can be fast and useful for company futures. reporting is highly configurable.

TimeCamp review by Lauren P.
Lauren P.

"This isn't just for freelancers. It makes my cubicle peon job so much easier"

What do you like best?

My supervisor wants me to track my time, but our small office really didn't want to invest a lot of money in something that would do it across the business. My first attempts were in Excel, but that took up so much memory, and drifted to the background as I worked on different projects. I would forget to time track. I love the way TimeCamp's icon just sits there on my desktop. The app on my phone is useful for working on projects remotely.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a primer on how to think about the software. When I first downloaded it, I didn't really conceptualize how to organize my time. I started task based instead of client based (something that wouldn't have confused a freelancer). It got confusing, and I got frustrated and stopped using it. About a month ago I spent some time thinking about how it would work, and I blew away all my data and reorganized. Since then, it's been a breeze, and my supervisor can really see where I'm spending my time.

Also, it links with our FreshDesk ticketing system, but not in a way that's useful. I organize my time by Client > Tickets > Ticket#. TimeCamp wants to use the ticket name. That doesn't help me, because since our clients enter the ticket names themselves, about 70% of them are "New Entry: Open a Support Ticket."

My supervisor stopped having disapproving talks to me about why my timesheets were vague and only partially completed.

TimeCamp review by Nick K.
Nick K.

"Incredibly Detailed, Yet Simple"

What do you like best?

The desktop app makes it incredibly easy to start and stop the tracking of different projects in one or two clicks. The data gathered into reports from tracked time are valuable for me to hold myself acountable for giving distraction-free hours to my projects. Each time-slot has a small notes section that I use to jot down a high-level overview of what I did during that session — very valuable when generating client reports and invoices in terms of keeping the flow of what actually “got done” succinct.

What do you dislike?

I’d like there to be a way to add notes via the desktop application either during or after logging a session.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend 30-60 minutes and play around with it, reading through some of the FAQs and intro docs, and installing the desktop app.

After that, it’s almost 100% automated and can be organized to your liking as you’ve come to expect from any folder/directory-structure style application.

It’s the time-tracking solution for billable and non-billable hours for each of my projects.

TimeCamp review by Enrique C.
Enrique C.

"Great tool to measure the time dedicated to tasks and projects"

What do you like best?

Timecamp is a precise and simple time tracking software made by Time Solutions.

The main functionalities are:

Budget analysis: Compare estimated budgets with the time actually spent.

Graphical time sheet: Drawing of the duration of the tasks performed in the calendar.

Manual Timer: Helps you keep track of time on the go during the day

Productivity: Measure the productivity of your team in the use of the computer.

Automatic time tracking: Track your time without the need for many manual interventions.

Time entry notes: It is a Timecamp functionality that allows us to provide more information about the work done on the project. And it helps to improve the organization in the workspace.

Other functionalities: reports, integrations, user and group management, etc.

And it is translated to Spanish.

What do you dislike?

I really can not say anything negative about this tool. The only bad thing was that it was not available in Spanish, but it is something that has already been solved

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. Free for one people forever.

Timecamp allows us to know the time imputed to each project and to be able to allocate time to each task in a precise way

Allison S.

"Easy to manage, very good to Timer and TimeCamp."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to manage TimeCamp, due to its very good structure, the functions are very well explained in the instructions and this complements more the taking of time, it is also admirable to be able to take multiple times at once, since you can be doing two things at once and take the real time of how long we take.

What do you dislike?

The mobile device version of TimeCamp is very bad, it has many delayed versions compared to the web version, I would like you to focus more on perfecting the App for mobile devices, so that in this way you can take additional times wherever you are.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend it for all companies at all, because it is very easy to use and you can take the time with just one click.

I use TimeCamp to keep the exact time of daily work of each employee in my company, in this way to be able to keep a history of work time saved in TimeCamp, have an excellent organization and consult it whenever you want.

TimeCamp review by Stella L.
Stella L.

"Best thing is compact software - TimeCamp."

What do you like best?

TimeCamp is a compact software, and the best thing about it is the ease with which you can control several timestations easily and with a surprising concentration, thanks to its design, the concentration in TimeCamp is a very important factor.

What do you dislike?

The problem with TimeCamp is the saving of the timestamps, as we already know, TimeCamp has a directory or history of timestamps, where we can save each of them for future revisions, but many times due to software error, the time taken is saved successfully.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend TimeCamp to companies that need to have a fair platform that will help them to save inconveniences with their employees with working hours, with TimeCamp they will achieve results immediately.

With TimeCamp I have managed to obtain a fairly accurate time and I have saved many inconveniences with employees of my company, since I pay them just what they work with, it is fantastic TimeCamp.

Allison S.

"Provided incredible comfort, and nice platform TimeCamp."

What do you like best?

The design that has TimeCamp is very exclusive and has provided incredible comfort, previously had an ugly design and did not provide as much comfort as it does now, because they changed the design, now I have managed to concentrate better on the time and in the results of it.

What do you dislike?

TimeCamp uses Gravatar to verify that it is a real person, but I see this verification process a bit annoying since Gravatar often does not allow a registration, and it becomes impossible to upload a profile picture for the TimeCamp account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend TimeCamp to the companies that have not managed to take the time of work of the employees, since with this software it is very easy to do this task.

With TimeCamp I have managed to control in real time the time of work of each employee in my company, and in every moment that they perform a work task, I can also take the time, it is fantastic to know exactly how long it took the person to complete the work.

TimeCamp review by Kisenn H.
Kisenn H.

"Basic design where only green color, best design TimeCamp."

What do you like best?

TimeCamp in spite of having a very basic design where only the green color is used, the stay in this software is very comfortable, because its functions are so adapted and are so necessary when it comes to taking the time of work, which makes the more fun, comfortable and pleasant stay, each TimeCamp function is imdispensable and you can make good use of it in the time.

What do you dislike?

The prices of TimeCamp are very high, I have been inquiring into each of the plans offered by this software and I think that even the basic plan has a very high price, I would like TimeCamp to offer prices more adapted to reality so that it is achieved have accessibility to the highest plans and that have more benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend TimeCamp to companies that want to start taking employee work time, as they will have a good start with TimeCamp, which is easy to use and easy to adapt software.

With TimeCamp I have managed to obtain a good time and insurmountable statistics, since those statistics are the results of each time, and are explained very well, with percentages and many other factors that facilitates the percentage understanding of the time, I have I was able to control all the staff of my company with TimeCamp easily and safely.

TimeCamp review by Allison M.
Allison M.

"Creative and create timer online to work Timecamp."

What do you like best?

TimeCamp is an excellent manager to create a timer online, provides many factors and features for time control, in this way to work responsibly with the hours agreed and everything to suit you, and an person real time.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the prices that TimeCamp has, I think that the prices of a software that is only dedicated to the taking of time, and that even then it is an essential software in any company, the prices should not be so expensive, in order to contribute the ease and accessibility to each of the plans they offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend TimeCamp for any company, since it is a very necessary software and it complies with all the characteristics to be adapted easily and without complications.

TimeCamp has helped us to control every work time and every working time of each employee in my company, in this way to take the exact control to provide a fair and appropriate pay.

TimeCamp review by karin l.
karin l.

"Great and Excellent time tracking services !"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. I have tried others, but this one is my favorite one. Even for free version you can have all the futures what you need. it is also great to switch between automatic and manual time tracking. I can say simple piece of software but this is one thing that focuses on doing one thing well. Easy way to coordinate your team and tasks.

What do you dislike?

it would really great to have some kind of customer portal where clients can log in and see invoices and time entries. I can also say mobile version is not like web version, web version is better than mobile version till what I see.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend it for everybody who want to control his/her time and tasks very effective and efficient. Timecamp is the easy way and best way for you to organize something new about your life and work !

I am always doing good reporting on task timings. Very easy to set project in schedule and perfect for cost estimation. Every single person being around me is using Timecamp and it is really suit for all types of organization and best for individual using.

TimeCamp review by Peter S.
Peter S.

"It's good when it works"

What do you like best?

We liked the integration to Asana and the simplicity of use in logging time and/or starting time on projects and tasks. But then it inexplicably broke and customer service first blamed us for having too many users (1000) when we have 34. Then they simply disappeared. Eventually we figured out our own fix and the integration is now working again.

What do you dislike?

Customer service, based on our experience, has not been responsive enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While this is a crowded space, TimeCamp is clearly doing this right. It worked for us because it was easy to get started allowing us to develop a discipline and then build on that for more advanced use over time.

Accountability to clients, team, and revenue. We are much clearer now with accounting for where we invest our time.

TimeCamp review by User

"Efficiency at It's Best"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about this software is the ability to create and analyze weekly reports of my activities. It helps me stay on task and also helps as I work with my colleagues on different projects. The reports can be pretty specific, which is super helpful. They offer subcategories to delve even deeper into the details of a specific project/task.

What do you dislike?

Functionally, I have not come across anything that didn't work well. Visually, however, the software isn't really appealing. There's nothing wrong with it, but I would encourage the developers to try adding some flare to it and to make it a more vibrant experience for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have found this software to be a great help to me. I've been using it for a while now and I think it's the best program to manage/track my time each day. I'm still learning to use it to it's full potential, but I can't think of any reason that I would stop using it anytime soon.

My job requires me to pay close attention to the amount of time spent on each activity, so I've enjoyed the ability to actually track my progress without using pen/paper. It's just incredibly convenient for me to carry out that task of my job.

TimeCamp review by Tytus W.
Tytus W.

"Timecamp rocks!!!!"

What do you like best?

Timecamp is awesome software that suits not only organizations and also individuals. If you are looking for time managing application do not waste your time with others, try Timecamp and use your time more wisely. TImecamps provides perfect tools for managing your time more effectively and more useful. Features are just amazing.

What do you dislike?

I can't say any things which is not working properly, because every tools and features is working so well. Design is also good. But I don't like customer service. Sometimes it can take a long time to get answer about anything. But am saying again there is no any bad tool or something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Timecamp is best in its field. It is really bet way to deal with deadlines and spend your time wisely. You will see difference after using it.

Time is most important thing in our life, if you can manage your time more wisely you can do whatever you want. So Timecamp can be useful for you.

TimeCamp review by Gore A.
Gore A.

"Timecamp is excellent tool for time managing"

What do you like best?

Timecamp has powerful and flexible tools. It is the best way to dealing with deadlines. In my view everyone wants spend their time more wisely and efficient. Timecamp can be the most useful app for your daily tasks. It helps you to prioritize tour works, how much you have spend time to specific tasks or works. It is the best one!

What do you dislike?

I don't like its calendar. And they have to create mobile version. Otherwise every single tool is working properly. You can do tons of things with using its useful features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Am digital instructor and I always have projects and events. So Timecamp is my best helper to use my time smartly. So I recommend Timecamp to everyone!

It's kind of software that everyone must have.And every single person in our course using Timecamp for their individual purposes and of course professional works.

TimeCamp review by Maricela P.
Maricela P.

"Very useful app"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can have a task within a task within a task...within a project, so I can track the time for any task, no matter how small and write notes for each task. I also like that it always works, it never lost any data.

What do you dislike?

I am still waiting for the android app to improve. The desktop app is simply perfect as it is now, it does everything I need.

It saves me a lot of time when reporting time spent and activities because it automatically calculates my time spent on a project depending on the time period that I need. It allows me to offer details on any task and the exact time when I started it/finished it/paused it.

TimeCamp review by Bruce M.
Bruce M.

"Fits perfectly to my needs"

What do you like best?

I use Trello to manage my job list and need to record the time spent on jobs, the integration of Time Camp into Trello means that I don't have to keep chopping and changing between applications to keep track of things. Added using the timer function it is really easy for me to record the time that I spend on jobs, no more estimating and if I ever forget to start the timer or if I am away from my desk it is really easy to add time manually. To top it all off, as well as showing all the individual bits of time spent on work, it also totalls it all up for me within Trello which saves whipping out the calculator. For me it is a great combination.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I would say that I dislike, but something that would make my life ever so slightly easier would be if Time Camp could record times and then round them to the nearest 15 mins or .25 of an hour. To be honest I haven't even checked the settings to see if it can do this already.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try

It has allowed me to conveniently and accurately record the amount of time spent on jobs so that we can create more reliable reports and see where savings can be made.

TimeCamp review by User in Internet

"Effective time tracking app that doesn't waste your time"

What do you like best?

TimeCamp is very easy to use and doesn't have all the unnecessary features that only serve to waste your time, like what other time tracking apps have. All I want to do is choose the project and click Start or End, that's it. I can choose to write a note to describe the task, but I'm not obligated to do so. Other apps require you to input a lot of data first before you can actually start tracking time, which eats up the time that I could have used to actually work on my task. As a freelancer, I needed a simple time tracking app that will allow me to quickly track time with just 1-2 clicks, and TimeCamp gives me exactly that.

What do you dislike?

TimeCamp can be a bit slow at times (e.g. when I click on something, it can take a few seconds sometimes before TimeCamp executes the command). I've gotten used to it by now but it'll be awesome if it can move things a bit faster. Also, the desktop app looks weird and doesn't look like the browser app at all, which is the reason why I didn't get the desktop app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a time tracking app that doesn't have all the time-wasting features of other apps, you've come to the right place.

I wanted to know how many hours I work on a task or project, which would allow me to manage my time better + get an idea how long a similar task would take in the future + prioritize my tasks, projects and clients. I managed to do all that with TimeCamp. TimeCamp also helped me realize if the amount of work I'm doing is commensurate to the rate that the client is paying me, so it helps me realize my worth as well.

TimeCamp review by Deborah B.
Deborah B.

"Great tracker for lunch and break time. "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of starting a timer on a break or task and the ease of categorizing the intervals. Its also nice to see how much time ive spent on tasks at the end of the day. I use it mainly because I was going over on breaks a lot and on lunch and I have to time myself.

This tool as actually helped me do better with my metrics!

What do you dislike?

I really cant think of anything so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! Its a great way to stay on top of your time!

Keeping exact track of break and lucnh times - also

TimeCamp review by Consultant

"Switched to TimeCamp"

What do you like best?

Once my old time keeping application started losing time entries between my Android phone and my billing server, I had to quickly find an app that would not lose billable time entries. An app that allowed me to track billable hours via my phone and save them on a server for later billing. As an independent systems consultant, I cannot afford to "lose" billable transactions! I tried several apps and found TimeCamp to be the best one out there for me. Since all software applications have their individual issues, one thing I really like is the responsiveness of the TimeCamp folks in replying about any issues I have found. Of 2 issues found, they already corrected 1 and they are working on the other. I've listed the open issue below in my dislikes.

What do you dislike?

There is 1 very annoying problem with the Android app that I have reported. I am hopeful it can be addressed asap. Text entries entered in the Android app often have the latest few words erased right after typing them in. You either halt typing for a few seconds and the text re-appears, most times the text is gone and must be re-entered. It's frustrating as it often then happens again and many times you end up having typed much of the same text 2 or 3 times. For my work, I must make numerous time entries daily and I can only enter these via my phone so this problem currently puts a real damper on my use of TimeCamp. Nevertheless, their responsiveness and actions to date encourage me that there will be a solution soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you must use the Android app, then you may be in for some frustration until it is fixed. If you do not need the Android app then go for it immediately. It is much better than all the many competing apps I trialed.

I use the app to track and report on all my consulting billable time. The biggest benefit to me so far is TimeCamp has replaced my old app where I was losing billable time entries due to a bad Android interface app.

TimeCamp review by Bruno G.
Bruno G.

"Nice software: easy, fast, intuitive, flexible"

What do you like best?

The easiness and intuitiveness of use

Good configurations for project managers / team leaders

Flexibility to edit registers

Excellent features available on free version

Incredible support team

What do you dislike?

I ran into some problems with the desktop app, but the support team as fast and accurate on the solution

The only thing I imagine that could be improved is to add a "volume" field where you can register, for each record, the "amount", the "quantity" of the work you produced. That's quite useful for transactional (repetitive and subject of average handling time) activities

Low productivity

Lack of visibility regarding what activities take more of my time

TimeCamp review by Ludo J.
Ludo J.

"Great SW for employee controll."

What do you like best?

Adding activities to projects by keywords (eg string in URL or name of the app)

Combining automatic online and manual offline time imput.

Works on win, linux and mac.

Great insights into team activities and time allocation on projects.

Integrations with other applications.

Automatic workloging combined with project management and cost per employee hour.

Constant development and adding new features.

What do you dislike?

Well I have s not that much to dislike. Maybe the learning curve migh be a bit longer for project manager. As I do not use the manager reports on daily bases and the features are added relatively fast, sometimes I had problem with finding a report which I used some months ago.

We have been using it for at least 5 yeas for tracking employees activities in callcenter and smal sw development team which do about 50% by homeworking.

We use it automatic alocation of their time into the projects, which gives us controll on the employee activities and work attendance as well as enable us to devide time costs of the projects/departments.

TimeCamp review by Graham J.
Graham J.

"Excellent time monitoring and recording system"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of TimeCamp and how it enables me to record time both automatically and manually. Plus what's really great is it integrates with my CRM system meaning that I can record time for each project and customer effectively.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike. Perhaps the aesthetics could be improved marginally, but that's just subjective. I can't think of anything to really dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is a serious contender for anyone looking for time recording and allocation.

TimeCamp enables me to properly record and allocate time to clients and projects. Furthermore, it enables me to analyse how I am spending my time so that I can improve my performance.

TimeCamp review by Yaver O.
Yaver O.

"I love Timecamp!"

What do you like best?

I really love Timecamp. It's best application I ever seen. It's for everyone and any sized organizations. If you are using Timecamp and doing your work with it you can get huge opportunities for reducing time period that you spent for each tasks and homeworks. You will become more productive and you will get too much time for doing your private things and hobbies.

What do you dislike?

CUstomer Care needs improvements. It's very simple to use, but design is not very good. Notification system is not working proper as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended one.

Being online application feels really great, there is no requirement to download this software. Everything is in one place. Timecamp is being used by our entire organization to track time. Best way to deal with deadlines.

TimeCamp review by Xavier C.
Xavier C.

"Efficient software for our time tracking"

What do you like best?

I like all the different features that this software offers. It has budget analysis, graphical timeline, manual time tracking, note taking and more. It is easy to use and easy to manage. I also like how they have clear instructions so that you can set everything up the way you want.

What do you dislike?

The main dislike I can think of is that I can't give users a deeper understanding of what they didn't have when they subscribed. Sometimes it's good to see what you think you might want to use. Other than that, its features are amazing.

This is a good way to track. I have been using it for different projects and tasks. This helps me and my colleagues know what to prioritize and how we need to work day after day. There are many tools you can use to simplify your daily work tasks.

TimeCamp review by Thomas V.
Thomas V.

"Easy time tracking for invoicing"

What do you like best?

TimeCamp offers me simple ways to create projects and tasks. As a One man business I do not require many advanced features. TimeCamp offers these features, but I don't have to use them. Being able to switch task from the desktop is a huge plus. Also being also to go in and doctor the time recordings by screen handle recording is a very handy feature. I can generate easy reports to create my invoices which make invoicing easy peasy. Best of all I can use it for free.

What do you dislike?

The desktop client might benefit from a small update (I have submitted a use activity prompting feature)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, you might just like it, a lot

Time tracking / Invoicing

TimeCamp review by Robin S.
Robin S.

"great time tracker and time saver"

What do you like best?

very quick and easy to track time for my personalized categories per project. Easy to use customized templates, edit and enter time after the fact, make and edit and change tasks on the fly.

What do you dislike?

invoicing by project hours drop down menu occasionally hangs or acts weird. I never could get the export to Quickbooks hours / invoice to work. I have tried with customer support. I honestly need to try again and put more time into solving

Recommendations to others considering the product:

get timecamp, its flexible and easy to use. better than others I've tried, and it integrates with other software if you want

This helps me gain biz insights thru data and confidence in my worth for billing, estimating and growing my business. I can analyze what works and doesn't work in each facet of my business, very quickly and easily.

It also increases my productivity by knowing just how much time I worked and where I was efficient.

TimeCamp review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Easy and Awesome Timekeeper"

What do you like best?

It automatically pauses when you leave your computer and resumes when you come back. The drop-down in the bar on my desktop makes it easy to switch tasks/projects. I only visit the website once a week to run a report for my timesheet.

What do you dislike?

There have been a couple of times when the app either failed to launch when I started my computer, or quit silently and I didn't notice until I needed to switch tasks. I'm not sure what caused this and it's pretty rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For anyone who has to report on their time, especially when you have different client codes or bill separately, TimeCamp makes it so easy. You can spend more time working and less time tracking what you worked on.

My timesheets are easy to fill out. I can see where I'm spending the bulk of my time and it's made me more efficient. It also helps my manager see what I'm working on so he can re-prioritize or help out if needed.

TimeCamp review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Excellent Freemium"

What do you like best?

It allows me to track multiple projects throughout the course of a day and because I only bill time on a part time basis, the freemium model does everything I need it to do. If I ever decide to become more active in my legal practice, I can just upgrade to be able to get exported reports. Also, it works seamlessly when switching from desktop to mobile.

What do you dislike?

Minor inconvenience is that it doesn't total up my billable hours by the day but I don't mind it much.

When I was in full time practice, I was notorious for not entering my time everyday. I would take notes in a book and a couple of weeks later spend 30min to an hour recalling what I did for the past two weeks. The format makes it easy for me to input as I bill.

TimeCamp review by User

"Great time saver"

What do you like best?

The desktop widget used in combination with keywords for your projects is working miracle for me. I also like the filtering option for uncategorized time.

What do you dislike?

I find that my uncategorized is often the same every day, and happens every day. For instance, if I just do a quick reply in Outlook (without popping out the email to a separate window), Timecamp just sees Outlook... so I get usually between 30 minutes and 1 hours of those uncategorized activities per day.

It would be great to be able to filter them by time, in addition to keywords. For example, filter activities to show only those activities between 9:30 and 10:00 am.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Setup keywords for your projects

Automatic time tracking and timesheets. I was bad a keeping track of time and it took me hours to build it back up from recollection, calendar and emails. Now, Timecamp keeps track of it all in the background.

TimeCamp review by Chantel J.
Chantel J.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. I can create a project and sub-project and keep track of my tasks on both levels. If I missed tracking something, I can go back and fix the time and edit when I started and stopped.

What do you dislike?

Reporting isn't great on the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product for tracking multiple projects. (primary and sub). In order to get great reporting, you have to pay for the product. However, you can still get great use out of it using the free version.

I am learning where my time is being spent and I am able to see how long I work each day.

TimeCamp review by Keshia B.
Keshia B.

"Great software for time tracking"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using TimeCamp because it makes tracking my time for various projects very easy. I can also pull reports for specific time frames, too.

What do you dislike?

While the software is easy to use, I do wish there were quick easy tutorials that highlight major areas of the software like "here's how to use xyz".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try Timecamp out. It is very helpful.

I work as a subcontractor so having a program that tracks me time helps me to accountable to my boss and helps me utilize my time better. You can manually enter in your time or run a timer, which is amazing!

TimeCamp review by Kasia N.
Kasia N.

"I love TimeCamp"

What do you like best?

TimeCamp gives me power for use my time on my work and tasks. Because, when you don't know which works must be done before others you will be lost on deadlines. TImeCamp is helping you organize your tasks and prioritize them by time.

What do you dislike?

I love TimeCamp with its everything. It's just perfect for every type of organizations. So there is no any negative effects!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend TimeCamp to everyone, it deserves it completely. It will give you perfect opportunity to do your tasks more easily.

We planing and taking events. And TimeCamp is used not only our department and also whole organization. Also I recommend it to my friends and I

TimeCamp review by Iga G.
Iga G.

"simpler is better"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the simple interface and clear reports

What do you dislike?

Probably I would complain about the fees, but in my case it's covered by a studio for which I work remotely, so I will not speak in this topic :)

I am a project manager of the project studio - we work remotely and Timecamp is an indispensable tool for me to clear work time settlements. I was never in doubt about when the amount on the invoice I issue at the end of the month is taken :)

TimeCamp review by Consultant

"Useful and userfriendly"

What do you like best?

Flexibility. I can record activities in a couple of ways (online or app). I can record at a project or task level. I can quickly create new tasks and report out at different levels of granularity.

I use the free version and have barely scratched the surface of the tool.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to criticise. and I am adding this to meet the 40 characters minimum requirement

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand what you want to record before starting, otherwise, your data could become messy.

With some clients I charge by the hour, TimeCamp is invaluable for keeping records and the reports let me transfer the right information to my accounting software.

With fixed price clients I can understand how much time I am spending and whether I need to charge more next time!

TimeCamp review by Garima G.
Garima G.

"Excellent and Efficient Time Management"

What do you like best?

I work on multiple projects with separate billing. Preparing the time records and receipts for these used to take me so much time. But not after adopting TimeCamp. If adopted in large teams, in addition to time-saving and ease of people management, it has another beautiful advantage of bringing in more discipline in organizational behaviour wrt time reporting. I especially love the offline features!

What do you dislike?

Only one thing. If I hybernate my PC without closing my files, TimeCamp keeps tracking them.

May be there is a place where it shows active and inactive time- but I've not seen it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended

- Time-saving on time-related reporting

- Making proper time-keeping a habit

- Can help a lot with accurate billing

TimeCamp review by Marco S.
Marco S.

"Great way to keep track of your time and review your efficiency. "

What do you like best?

The way you create time entries on a calendar is very intuitive and works like a charm.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a huge fan of the interface, it feels outdated but the functionality makes up for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The UI might be a little outdated but the feature set is great and so is the support. Don't hesitate to try it out, as you can trial it all for free.

We use TimeCamp to keep track of time in order to properly send invoices. Our current invoicing system lacks this functionality but we can't yet switch to another system.

TimeCamp review by Alexis A.
Alexis A.

"Useful and very easy to use."

What do you like best?

I like that it's very user-friendly and totally free. I've tried other sites before but they make the tracking of hours, which should be the main function of such sites, really hassle and you can't monitor the time that has lapsed easily. That's why I stick with TimeCamp.

What do you dislike?

The occasional crashing of the site. I have to refresh it many times or try it on a different browser just to get back to it.

The billing of hours. It's hard to do this manually, so TimeCamp has been really useful with regards to that.

TimeCamp review by Sandra L.
Sandra L.

"Great tool for time tracking"

What do you like best?

Easy setup, reporting and great support. It integrates with Trello, which is a big plus. It does everything I need, for free. I really like the budget tracking notifications.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything at this time. I have downloaded the mobile app, and found it is not that great. Anyway, I only use the desktop version so that's not an issue for me.

I needed to track time for freelance work on managing Facebook campaigns and creative.

TimeCamp review by Fernando S.
Fernando S.

"Easy to use. Flexible. No frills!"

What do you like best?

TimeCamp is flexible. By flexible I mean I can log tasks and time as they actually happened, even if I forgot to log them at the time they happened.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be slightly improved, providing developers considered, for instance the Google Material Design research based criteria.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The free version of TimeCamp, thus far, have been more than enough for my needs. If you want to start using time tracking, TimeCamp allows you to go deeper without charging you. I have been considering to upgrade, as long as my team realize the benefits.

I can run multiple projects for multiple clientes. That is what I need. That is what I get.

TimeCamp review by Robert D.
Robert D.

"Very Satisfied"

What do you like best?

TimeCamp offers great productivity tracking even for the free account with multiple projects, sub projects, notes and tasks. I strongly feel my productivity has gone up since I've started using it and I better track my work/time.

What do you dislike?

Would be great to get bigger discounts if buying the subscription for the entire year ( ex -30%) or yearly for multiple users ( 2 users -40 % ). The price is good, but I guess it also depends on what part of the world you're based in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot. If you're a freelancer/ artist, etc and want to boost your productivity and want to eliminate dead times from your schedule, use the trial version and consider upgrading for more advanced features.

I'm tracking my time better and being more productive.

Learning about TimeCamp?

* We monitor all TimeCamp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.