Help Scout

A help desk for teams that insist on a delightful customer experience

Work for Help Scout?

Learning about Help Scout?

Help Scout Reviews

Ask Help Scout a Question
Showing 157 Help Scout reviews
Help Scout review by Benjamin Albert C.
Benjamin Albert C.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Help Scout
Help Scout review by Jeremy G.
Jeremy G.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

Help Scout review by Abbie  R.
Abbie R.

"No customer need slips through the cracks with Help Scout"

What do you like best?

I’m not wading through a messy inbox anymore. My emails now feel more like a neat to-do list and I love the feeling of clearing all of them out. Help Scout has seriously made me into a more organized person and I feel like taking care of my clients is easy in a way it wasn't before.

My company explored other options last year and the resounding opinion of my entire team is that we did NOT want to lose Help Scout. I don't think this was an aversion to change, but rather an appreciation for the system Help Scout had let us create with each other. It's very easy to work together as a a team by using it and I would imagine it provides excellent oversight for our manager.

It's pretty motivating that anyone in my company can see my responses to my customer over Help Scout. If your'e great at customer service, you love this feature. If you want to fly under the radar and do a mediocre job, Help Scout would find you out pretty fast.

What do you dislike?

You’re not able to email multiple contacts from help scout and that's kind of frustrating. A lot of my clients have multiple points of contact and to reach all of them I have to address one person and then put the rest on CC. I understand it's not a system to be used for mass messaging but I think a lot of my contacts probably wonder why they're on CC and not one of the recipients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As far as desktop and mobile design, you're not going to find something more user friendly than this. It's very intuitive and I've seen my newer team members pick up on it really quickly. I wasn't a decision maker in the selection process, so I can't really speak to the value for the cost (I don't know what it is) but I know if my company ever tried to take it away from us, we'd put up a fight! It's a terrific product.

Before Help Scout I really couldn’t take a vacation in peace. Seriously. But the visibility it offers on all of my customer emails makes taking care of clients a team effort now in my office. And that’s been a real game changer. When I return from being away I can see exactly how my clients were taken care of. And my manager can too.

Help Scout review by Gabriella S.
Gabriella S.

"HelpScout Review"

What do you like best?

I like the help center feature of HelpScout. My computer uses this for our Support Help Center, and many of our customers visit this page for assistance. I love the ability to format the support page to our liking (our branding engineer did the whole design, and we were able to apply it to HelpScout's content). We use HelpScout so much for adding new articles, having other employees edit articles by logging into the system, and receiving feedback on the articles.

What do you dislike?

One of the elements of HelpScout that I think could be improved, is when you are sending a message, the custom fields appear below the message that you are typing. We use a lot of fields to categorize our tickets, so with all of the fields below a reply, we cannot see the user's original message to us. I wish that the fields were moveable so that we could see the user's original response, and reply directly to that. Instead, we have to scroll down to read their message, scroll up to type our response, and repeat as necessary, which really interrupts the workflow of ticket response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about Help Scout for your company, definitely keep in mind that they are continually working to improve their product, which is great. Even if it does not do everything you need it to right now, they continually work with customers to get the features they need.

We use HelpScout for ticketing and for our Help Center. We have realized that HelpScout can help well with both, and for a fairly reasonable price in comparison to other systems.

Help Scout review by Skye E.
Skye E.

"HelpScout for Start-Ups"

What do you like best?

I like the documentation feature. We are able to host our help documentation within our application using some key integrations. It's very self service and convenient for SaaS customers.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about HelpScout is ticket grouping tickets is a bit inflexible. I would like to create more specific groupings to drill down more minutely. There could also be some improvements in analytics all around.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product has worked really well for our small business. I am not sure what scale looks like, so please review enterprise company reviews to make additional purchasing/evaluation decisions.

HelpScout allows us to communicate to our customer base across multiple touch points. The integrations are great, we're able to alert our Google inboxes when new cases come in and are able to engage across the full customer lifecycle.

Help Scout review by Lauren H.
Lauren H.

"Help Scout is Trustworthy, Helpful, Friendly..."

What do you like best?

I love being able to separate inboxes as well as assign emails to different employees. It really helps clean up the inbox and helps keep emails from stacking up. The auto responses are incredibly helpful and make responding to emails so much simpler and go by much faster. Being able to connect emails to Shopify and MailChimp is another super important and extremely helpful feature that I'm so, so happy with!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of really anything that I dislike. I think it doesn't always catch spam emails but that really hasn't been an issue and there haven't been too many.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a little bit of getting used to as far as opening emails and having them not be marked as read- it's super helpful, just something to get used to. It really is very easy to use, it's easy to train people on, and it's great for connecting to other software/websites for your business.

Being able to sync with our other systems (Shopify and MailChimp) has made it so much easier to pull up customers info and to reply to emails much faster. Seeing how many emails need to be assigned to specific employees helps us see who's covering how many emails, which employees typically cover what kinds of questions, and other patterns like that. I need to look more into the reports tab, I'm sure there's even more I can do, but I'm already really impressed with everything I have been using.

Help Scout review by Philippe H.
Philippe H.

"Useful in dealing with a constant flow of support tickets"

What do you like best?

We enjoy having a mailbox for each of our account managers and the ability to move messages from mailbox to mailbox in just 2 clicks. Plus, it is a simple and intuitive tool to use and all the built-in features appear pertinent for any average user.

What do you dislike?

The built-in search engine is sometimes tricky to use if you want to make sure to get all the concerned results. Moreover, I'd like to have a little bit more flexibility from the analytics even though it is pretty decent as it is right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, your team will benefit from easy collaboration and improved productivity with regard to support.

We are using it as our support ticket tool and feel that we are getting great value because it allows our support team to work more effectively and reply to our customer quicker.

Help Scout review by Micheal L.
Micheal L.

""Help Scout is Trustworthy, Helpful, "It has changed how we do Help Desk""

What do you like best?

The web interface for the clients is organized and simple to utilize. We use it for our interior IT Help Desk despite the fact that it is truly planned more for outer client help. In any case, that doesn't make a difference it works incredible for us. Our inside clients can undoubtedly simply present a ticket through email or a frame we made on our Intranet.The automated messages are unbelievably useful and make reacting to messages so a lot easier and pass by a lot quicker. Having the capacity to associate messages to Shopify and MailChimp is another very vital and incredibly supportive element that I'm along these lines, so content with!

What do you dislike?

I can't consider truly whatever I hate. I figure it doesn't generally get spam messages yet that truly hasn't been an issue and there haven't been too many.One of the components of HelpScout that I think could be enhanced, is the point at which you are communicating something specific, the custom fields show up beneath the message that you are composing. We utilize a great deal of fields to sort our tickets, so with the majority of the fields underneath an answer, we can't see the client's unique message to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes a smidgen of becoming accustomed to the extent opening messages and having them not be set apart as read-it's overly useful, only something to get utilized to.If you don't presently have a Help Desk, are sharing an inbox between representatives, or have a wild inbox, a Help Desk is an unquestionable requirement have. Particularly one like Help Scout which is constructed great for these utilization cases and is anything but difficult to utilize. However amazing.

We have understood that HelpScout can assist well with both, and at a genuinely sensible cost in contrast with other systems.Being ready to match up with our different frameworks (Shopify and MailChimp) has made it such a great amount of less demanding to pull up clients data and to answer to messages a lot quicker. Perceiving what number of messages should be doled out to explicit representatives causes us see who's covering what number of messages, which workers commonly cover what sorts of inquiries, and different examples like that. I have to look more into the reports tab, I'm certain there's significantly more I can do, however I'm as of now truly inspired with all that I have been utilizing.

Help Scout review by Don C.
Don C.

"Great UX reduces agent frustration and increases productivity"

What do you like best?

The agent UI / UX - Easy for agents to see what they have open, which encourages them to deal with the tickets faster. The Unassigned page is perfectly designed for triaging as it updates live and quickly. The interface is very snappy and we rarely encounter bugs.

I also love the Zapier endpoints, Webhooks, and the versatility of the API so I can create many useful integrations and business processes.

Customers rave about the Docs site and find the Beacon very user-friendly and convenient.

What do you dislike?

- You can only make one webhook

- Can't upsert tags via the API

- While HS is always raving about how friendly and great their support team is, they rarely dig deep into issues, and leave you on your own to figure out any issues that begin to become complex. They don't "go the extra mile".

1. Improve the self help experience for customers

2. Improve the efficiency / happiness of agents

Help Scout review by Administrator

"Helpscout used for IT Help Desk"

What do you like best?

I like the how we can manage all the tickets, assign to a user, add internal notes, tags are easily created. Add call logs in the system. Reporting is great to measure how much tickets or issues we resolved. I like the feature of merging tickets if it is the same issue.

What do you dislike?

When a ticket is submitted multiple times separately, with the same subject, it does not show the whole message, some of the messages are lost and not found within helpscout, you would have to go to the actual email to find the whole message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to setup and use, great tool to manage support tickets.

Managing support desk and issues within the company. It helps reduce and automate tickets with this software. It provide reports to paint a picture on how the company is doing in regards to help scout.

Help Scout review by Ashley G.
Ashley G.

"Very Easy To Use "

What do you like best?

Help Scout makes sending emails from our department super easy! Just login and select my department's mailbox and I'm ready to go. All the emails can be assigned to specific people and prioritized based on urgency.

What do you dislike?

It could look a little more ascetically pleasing I guess. It's a bit HTML-y but it doesn't really effect the ease of use at all. I just think the fonts and the headers can be less boxy.

As a customer service representative I have to be able to send an email quickly. I get asked for documents that I have to be able to pull up quickly and send out quickly to move to the next call. Managing the mailboxes makes it easy for me to compose from my mailbox, keep it assigned to anyone and close it out once it's sent.

Help Scout review by Brian K.
Brian K.

"It has changed how we do Help Desk"

What do you like best?

The web interface for the users is well put together and easy to use. We use it for our internal IT Help Desk even though it is really designed more for external customer help. But that doesn't matter it works great for us. Our internal customers can easily just submit a ticket via email or a form we created on our Intranet. I really love all the workflow options that can control which members of the HD team get notified and when. It is always fast and it is easy for my team to search our 5 years of history in the system to see if the problem has already been solved by a peer.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything but, like any product, I wish there were a few features added. For example, you can place a ticket (conversation) into a Pending state but I wish there was a date field to have it automatically become active again on that date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is pretty easy to use once we you get your email addresses linked. Learn how to use the Work Flow features!

Helping my IT department keep on top of user requests and not loose track of them. I have the ability to easily monitor what's going on both just poking around but also by running various built-in reports.

Help Scout review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Help Desk Meets Shared Inbox & Email Decluttering Tool"

What do you like best?

The UI/UX of Help Scout is beautiful. You can tell that they put a lot of thought into the design of the tool. The functionality is incredible as well. With "Workflows" to identify inbound emails and direct them/assign them where you need them to go based on many different triggers, very powerful.

I have actually decluttered my inbox significantly by creating a "mailbox" within Help Scout which is called "newsletters" and I have all of the great articles that I am subscribed to go to Help Scout instead of directly to my inbox. Now when I go to my G Suite inbox, I know that the emails showing there are time sensitive and important.

It is also a gem for the help desk side of things. Managing inbound support inquiries from clients is a joy within Help Scout. So much in-fact that we have been pushing Help Scout to our own clients because it has worked so well for us!

What do you dislike?

I really wish there was some type of timer that could begin when you start working on a support ticket. It does not even natively integrate with Harvest which would be great. We really need to be able to know how much time we spend solving individual support tickets (sometimes to bill clients based on the time spent).

It would be great if there was some type of "live chat" functionality baked into the Beacon which you can host on your site. Having competitors similar to Intercom, it would be great to kill two birds with one stone versus getting our clients set up on a help desk + live chat service. Would be awesome if they could integrate this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not currently have a Help Desk, are sharing an inbox between employees, or have an out of control inbox, a Help Desk is a must-have. Especially one like Help Scout which is built very well for these use-cases and is very easy to use. Yet powerful.

Customer support, info requests, sales requests, email decluttering, alert system (for the IT side of our business, alerts get pushed into Help Scout and we can monitor them nicely from there depending on whether or not we have to take action).

Help Scout review by Marie C.
Marie C.

"Great Tool!"

What do you like best?

I like the newly added ability to tag people into your convo threads! It makes things easier when you're looking to get the feedback from multiple users instead of assigning to individual parties.

What do you dislike?

I miss that search would auto-populate suggested items, now you have to type the full name/item in search and scroll through your options. A small step but it takes away from productivity times in the long run if you're doing multiple searches in a day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bringing back the "smart-generation" for the search menu, I preferred when search didn't send you to a new page prior to the update that occurred with it earlier this year.

Connecting with members to find solutions asap for various questions, and being able to get the info needed from different teams (billing, leadership, events, etc) to follow up. Also being able to tag emails with various key words to make sorting easier and efficient.

Help Scout review by Ricardo W.
Ricardo W.

"Like to use Help Scout ."

What do you like best?

Definitely I will say that i like that software a lot! It's great enough. so easy to understand and pick up for every one. Everything is clear and easy. Perfect support service.

What do you dislike?

Actually i have just positive thoughts about that product. Will be not so nice to start talk about it bad as i know that work with it can do much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If till now you don't have this solution than it's better to get it. For sure no doubt If somebody will ask me which one is better i will tell just go with Help Scout. Just use it.

As for my office It helped us being so much better at assistance our customers .We can realize where we should to develop our app. So great to work with that one with no stress.

Help Scout review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Help Scout it's amazing"

What do you like best?

My team uses Help Scout as our Customer Support ticketing system. We also currently have our Success Team and Billing department set up with mailboxes. The benefit is that multiple users can work out of a shared inbox, assign conversations, forward to different departments, and leave internal notes on conversations

What do you dislike?

Knowledge Base. I wish there was more room for customization here. The current setup requires there to be Collections and Categories. If an article is uncategorized it is not searchable in the Knowledge Base. I also wish there was a feature so I could add "was this article helpful?" to report on.

Support. Any time I have a question or something seems to be acting up in the account (which is pretty rare) I always get a quick response from Help Scout's Support team.

Help Scout review by Marybeth A.
Marybeth A.

"I wish I could manage my personal email in Help Scout"

What do you like best?

Help Scout makes it easier for me to do my job. It's simple, personal, and powerful. The keyboard shortcuts have become second nature to me, and I often find myself wanting to use HS commands in Gmail. I really love that way it looks and feels like personal emails for our customers while allowing our team to share a support inbox. Love the fun rewards when you clear the queue.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes miss the more powerful triggers and automations from Zendesk, but I've come to embrace some of the simpler functionality of HS. I really wish you could pin notes to the top of tickets and turn off the email notifications for @mentions. The Android app also seems pretty buggy whenever I try to use it, but it's way better than trying to use HS on a mobile browser. And there was this one time HS deleted our API key because of a credit card payment issue, which really wasn't cool as they didn't inform us they did that so we could rectify it immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Help Scout is awesome for doing support on a small team. It's personal for your customers, and delightful for your team to use. This would be my first recommendation for any team looking for help desk software.

We use Help Scout for all of our customers and vendor communication. We wanted a simple shared inbox and ticketing solution that didn't feel like ticketing.

"User friendly platform"

What do you like best?

I love how simple the layout of the website is. THe layout makes it really easy to navigate and resolve cases in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say there is anything I dislike about the interface but sometimes shortcut keys take me places I don't mean to go on the page. Ie. I am in the middle of typing a draft and inadvertently press a key on the keyboard and I end up back in the dashboard. But I'm certain this is user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Truly none, the platform is delightful. My advice? Dont wait!

Customer inquiries and complaints are the biggest thing we resolve in helpscout. The benefits of the system are the fact that it highlights how long cases have been opened and there are stats for resolution times.

Help Scout review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Great Customer Email Management for Teams!"

What do you like best?

Saved Replies, Tagging, Workflows, and the ability to create a makeshift internal wiki of docs and procedures our customer care teams and internal support staff can use to help each other and stay on the same page.

What do you dislike?

None, this is a great program! I have only started using this in the past month and I’m sure the more I get to know it I’ll find some things that need improvement but so far it’s been a great experience and the concept for my team has been working great so far.

Staying on the same page of knowledge support and internal process flows. This is going to be a great hub for both internal and external information to stay consistent so we are giving our customers the right answers, internally and externally.

Help Scout review by User

"Less expensive option for customer ticketing system"

What do you like best?

I like that the price is affordable - I really don't think you'll find a better bang for your buck. Also, the support team is very friendly and accommodating.

What do you dislike?

The live chat feature isn't live yet. The workflows/actions aren't built into the saved responses. You can't initiate a manual workflow on a new ticket (I have no idea why that's even a thing.) No way to simply bulk upload your existing client database. No triggers to pop up your chat based on your customer's onpage actions. Many features are "in the pipeline" but not necessarily road-mapped as of yet. Doesn't have the feature that Zendesk chat does where it shows you all your clients who are online, where they are from and other useful data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider which features are most important to you before deciding on a ticketing system.

Organizing all client interactions into one place.

Help Scout review by Jake S.
Jake S.

"Good program but confusing interface"

What do you like best?

I love that it's easy to edit and maintain articles. I can quickly and easily make changes when necessary and creating new articles is also an easy process.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we only have one admin login for all members of the support team. I'm not sure if this is just the way we have it set up or if that is something that is built into Help Scout but it makes auditing changes to articles very difficult. I also don't like that when logging in it automatically drops you into the edit view as opposed to the regular view. This results in accidental changes being made to documents without users even knowing that they have done it.

We are creating and maintaining an internal and external knowledge base for our product RentLinx.

Help Scout review by Krystal O.
Krystal O.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to customize responses, inboxes, and who are "assigned" to what email. I love the color coding as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it will say someone is on the email with me but they aren't, but that's really not a big issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Helpscout is great! I definitely recommend it to anyone needing email software.

We have many inboxes and we are able to all essentially work out of the same one but customize it to ourselves.

Help Scout review by Amanda E.
Amanda E.

"Multifunctional, Professional. Collaborative Service"

What do you like best?

I enjoy its ability to serve the unique functionalities of our roles. Its easy to search for conversations, to assign and organize to people in the company, and that we have full transparency.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it does not offer smart text, we have to generate saved replies to get help on repetitive responses.

Help Scout allows us to communicate externally and still maintain our personal inboxes. Transparency allows us to have optimal flow with conversations and our customers.

Help Scout review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great answering service, and easy to use! "

What do you like best?

They have a lot of shortcuts, and mechanisms that allow you and your team to answer emails fast and efficiently. It''s also HIPAA compliant (why we switche to HelpScout!) The super funny Easter eggs that pop-up when you clear an inbox are genius! They're very creative!

What do you dislike?

When it goes down, it really affects our day- it's gone down about 5 times now within the past year, the longest was maybe 15 minutes, but we get over 1,000 emails a day, so time is of the essence.

On a random note, I made the gingerbread cookie recipe that HelpScout provided during the holiday season, and the recipe was not good at all! I'm guessing they weren't able to make the cookies themselves..random, sorry.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get to know all of the features and shortcuts! It's super fun once you know what keys do what! It's magical!

Helping our members and providers with general troubleshooting and billing issues.

We're able to communicate easily as a team, and work effectively to answer all emails sent to us.

Help Scout review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Great Help Portal for Small Business"

What do you like best?

The email is very fast, my clients information gets in so I always know who is contacting me and sometimes even a picture appears so it feels more personal when I'm replying to an ticket. Being able to reply quickly and report spam as needed. I'm able to paste in articles from my Docs very easily to my tickets so I don't need to repeat myself to my clients.

What do you dislike?

The Docs section is very limited on the free version and I wish it could be opened up more. I understand having only 30 articles allowed, but multiple categories should be something allowed. Also wish better spam targeting was on the ticket system. I find myself having to manually report items as spam and this gets very time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Help Scout to everyone, it is easy to use and not expensive. The features are amazing. The Docs site creates a FAQ page for your business and the ticketing system has everything you need to answer your customers questions.

I was looking for a better service to allow clients to ask us questions and get ahold of us with information for our business. Help Scout solved that the best and now we are able to reply fast to our email requests and answer questions quickly with Docs. Now the information that we receive can get to our staff faster.

Help Scout review by Kelsey H.
Kelsey H.

"Great Correspondence "

What do you like best?

The navigation with emails is unlike anything I have ever used before. Help Scout meets all of my organization needs and even assigns emails to others using Help Scout if those emails should not be referred back to you.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to have an issue using Help Scout. It has always been very simple and self-explanatory to use. I create many happy and easy experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make your own templates!

Sense you can assign emails to a specific person or organize emails in a group, this makes it very beneficial for the use in a big business. Along with making templates in which you can respond to people with makes things very simple.

Help Scout review by Cassandra S.
Cassandra S.

"If you haven't used this yet, you are missing out!!"

What do you like best?

This was one of the nest decisions my company has ever made! We run over 13 communities with all different email addresses, HelpScout keeps all communication in one place. Easy tagging, searching, task management and more. Plus, everything gets forwarded into HS from Google Apps. What more could you ask for.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that the phone app doesn't have all the same capabilities as the desktop app. But, that is ok, better than nothing and you can constantly see improvements coming from their development teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great ease of use, highly customizable, support is quick and responsive and answers in less than 24 hours.

We need to make sure that communications come from the correct email aliases - this makes it so easy. Also, internal communication and "notes" feature helped us keep timely information out of Slack and in one place so we always had a reference.

Help Scout review by Santiago V.
Santiago V.

"Lightweight, smart and easy to use"

What do you like best?

- User experience is awesome. Seems like everything is easy to do.

- Support is great. Quick and helpful (most of the times)

- Usage is easy, intuitive and fast

- Reports are basic but at least that's all that we need

- Shortcuts are useful and well thought.

What do you dislike?

- Filters could be improved. They are used mainly as "folders" (which is OK)

- Docs are nice but customization of the design and page is not that easy.

- A bit expensive (IMHO) for more users

- Rigid in some ways, but if you don't want something very specific, it should work

- Mobile apps are OK but not that useful.

- No chat app

- Reports filters for dates suck

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! If you are a small company and wants to fuel your customer support and help desk, go for it.

It's very easy to use, cheap (for what you get), support is nice, you can get stats easily...they have thought about everything. Workflows are easy to configure + tags.

Self support (docs) are a good choice to go with.

We are using it for ticket management, customer support.

It makes it easy to prioritize our tickets, tag them, and see reports.

The interface is well thought, quick, intuitive and easy to configure. In a week we were using it at 100% capacity. Definitely it changed our customer support.

We also use Docs for customer self service (new to us). Easy to manage.

Help Scout review by Ellie B.
Ellie B.

"HelpScout Review"

What do you like best?

I like that everyone's mailbox is easy to access. It's especially nice if someone is out of the office and you need to jump in to help someone out.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always seem to update in real time which can be frustrating. Especially if you're trying to help someone and the email they're trying to send isn't coming through

We use HelpScout for customer contact. It's literally an essential part of our everyday workflow.

Help Scout review by Hannah W.
Hannah W.

"Nice way to manage product help docs"

What do you like best?

We are happy with Help Scout. Before using Help Scout, we were self-hosting our own help documentation which got tedious. Now, it is much easier for all staff members to add and edit help articles. The support ticket function is also easy to use and our users are able to easily search for topics on any device. The automatic recommendation widget is also handy and we believe it helps reduce help tickets.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there were more themes to choose from in terms of layout and style. We customized the CSS in a way that worked for us, but it would be nice to be able to choose a layout with a different look and feel. Maybe some sort of theme directory.

We're able to receive and respond to support tickets very easily, as well as manage help documentation.

Help Scout review by Emily I.
Emily I.

"Intuitive helpdesk tool that helps us help users faster"

What do you like best?

The organization. From top-level organization like multiple mailboxes and folders, to tags and labels, to merging conversations and intuitive assigning tools, Help Scout makes it easy to navigate our support queue and get work done efficiently. Help Scout also allows us to create and integrate custom tools and workflows, such as our internal knowledge base and company-specific functions.

What do you dislike?

I'd personally like to see better analytics available in reporting, or more customizable reports, so we could dig deeper into our data to analyze our performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want the process of helping your customers to be almost as easy as answering emails in your own inbox, you should definitely give Help Scout a try.

Help Scout is our HQ for all customer interactions and issue tracking, which helps us to manage, organize, and respond to tickets across the company. Help Scout's particular layout and team-oriented features help us to collaborate more effectively on giving our customers great customer service.

Help Scout review by Corey L.
Corey L.

"Excellent Way to Consolidate Platforms and Offer Tutorials"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility and the blog like creation of new knowledgebase docs. The ability to add articles quickly when a new problem comes up has decreased the amount of future calls for that same issue significantly. In addition, the consolidation of our email accounts has been a huge help. Having one centralized inbox has reduced our response times 10 fold. The Hapiness report and the survey in the email signature has aided us in increase our overall NPS score and has allowed us to know who our top performing reps are.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lack of customization for the article pages and knowledgebase layout. Also, the beacon functionality could be more customizable. It would be great to be able to control more aspects of how the beacon is displayed on each page and what information / articles are made available. There is also a bit of a lack in support when it comes to problems with email. We experience times when emails are attributed to the wrong customer. Lastly, improvements to the woo commerce connection would be appreciated. After several attempts we are still unable to see woo commerce account details on the conversation side bar.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get started with transferring your existing terms and conditions into individual articles within the knowledgebase and link to the new knowledgebase from your existing help center or customer service page.

We are reducing the amount of simple customer service calls by drawing attention to the articles that can answer customer questions.

Help Scout review by Celestine O.
Celestine O.

"Great Team Inbox"

What do you like best?

Easy to assign messages to different team member, business hour reporting, ability to see history, and easy to set up different "rules"

What do you dislike?

When you assign an email or message to yourself it automatically opens and take you to the next unassigned message in the inbox instead of keeping you in the message you assigned to yourself. Wish that would change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great program, It can do a heck of a lot more than we use it for so definitely take a look!

We have our overflow messages come in to a main inbox and it helps us to make sure we are not doubling up and that customers are being responded to in a timely manor.

Help Scout review by Dominick V.
Dominick V.

"Filled with bugs and arrogant support only answering with pre-defined emails."

What do you like best?

The way their features are easy to use and they keep their design minimal.

What do you dislike?

- Filled with bugs so often emails are sent to the wrong email/customer.

- Support hardly reads your question but only respond with pre-defined reply.

- They keep changing pricing often

- They shift responsibility a lot. (ios app bugs: its apple's fault. Problem with notification: its Safari's responsibility. Problems with receiving email: Gmails to blame).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont, Stay away from this company!

Customer communication

Help Scout review by User

"Excellent Tool to Share the Load"

What do you like best?

There are many features I like but I think being able to see when someone is already reading an email or replying to an email helps us from doubling efforts.

What do you dislike?

Our company works out of several Help Scout boxes, for a very long time we were unable to CC multiple Helpscout boxes you could only send an email to one box at time. This was recently fixed, which was awesome!

We handle all of our communication through Help Scout. It's an excellent collaborative tool. We have up to 10+ working out of a box at a time. We can jump in and out of various email boxes in order to assist other departments when the workload becomes lopsided.

Help Scout review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Efficient platform for seamless customer service management"

What do you like best?

Before using Help Scout, our company utilized a shared Outlook folder to manage customer service emails. This was naturally a little unorganized and led to duplicate responses and forgotten messages. Help Scout allows our team to easily assign tasks to coworkers, track whether or not replies have been sent, and add notes. We have never been more organized with customer service!

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Help Scout. If I had to choose something, it would be that it is possible to accidentally send a response to a customer if you reply to an email. To be fair, they do warn about this, but some coworkers who use the service less often than others have still done this accidentally in less than ideal situations. I wish there was a way to turn off this functionality altogether (unless I am unaware of how to do so)!

We are solving lost time because we can save common replies and assign tasks to the correct individual. We are making our customer service more efficient and timely because we can check tasks and close tasks in a timely and organized fashion.

Help Scout review by Akesh J.
Akesh J.

"It's good and handy"

What do you like best?

It is helpful for us and handy to use even if we are working on our phones.

Like the simplicity and the features that they have.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing as such for now, all the things are useful for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can use this if you wish to handle the client requests in a proper manner.

This helps us to resolve the cases and keep an update of them in an easy manner and also helping in the help documentation of our service.

Help Scout review by Catherine V.
Catherine V.

"Ticketing made easy"

What do you like best?

We can have multiple groups responding in and out of emails seamlessly. The reporting is fantastic and makes my job as a leader easier.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see busiest time of day simplified by hour instead of by time of day.

We can pull careful data on handle times to help staffing. Also, we are able to evenly distributed among different team members for fairness.

Help Scout review by User

"Help Scout is very helpful"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Help Scout is the saved replies. I work in Customer Service and patients call for the same thing so it is very helpful so I don't have to keep typing up the same email.

What do you dislike?

Luckily, I have not found anything that I dislike about Help Scout yet.

I use Help Scout as a liaison with the patient and doctor's office. Typically I will send a response that I received from the office or will send itemized statements so it's a great way to communicate without having to call patients since we already have a high call volume.

Help Scout review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"HelpScout helps out!"

What do you like best?

Shared inbox for client support that allows for both individual assignment and group approaches.Cute messages for a clean inbox and helpful tools for annotation and marking issue status.

What do you dislike?

System doesn't retrieve forwarded content. Have to go into outlook for this information. Also, there is no personal stat readout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep a personal outlook account and move your team to helpscout.

Client support and general inbox. Its streamlined our communuications and automated responses have spend up our reply time.

Help Scout review by Steven G.
Steven G.

"Solid option for small Support Teams"

What do you like best?

Help Scout really makes it simple to set up and run a small support team supporting a small to medium business. Their interface is clean and easy to use, and the integrations are very appreciated, and can add a lot of power to a few agents. Their pricing is also very attractive.

Their support and company culture are also awesome.

What do you dislike?

Not so much dislike, as we simply reached our functional limit and needed something that scaled to a larger business with more integrations and more powerful analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider it for smaller teams, with very basic support needs. There's options there for integrations, but the data and analytics are lacking for super meaningful product insights. It's good for day-to-day agent performance though.

Solving the problem of organizing support and getting a unified channel for our customers.

Help Scout review by Erin M.
Erin M.

"HelpScout for Knowledge Base "

What do you like best?

One of the best things about HelpScout is how easily it makes it to create content and manage content. It also provides users with ample integration options. We were able to use a third party to embed our HelpScout knowledge base (articles) directly within our application for ease of access.

What do you dislike?

HelpScout's formatting tools in their articles are unreliable. There are times when formatting does not save correctly and items that have been bolded or italicized do not save as such.

We use HelpScout for 2 things: Case Management and Help Articles. HelpScout is very useful on the Articles front, but we haven't utilized the Case Management tools to the best of our abilities.

Help Scout review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"A lightweight tool to support customers"

What do you like best?

I've used help scout to completely overhaul a customer support traffic. It increased our educational video usage and decreased support tickets. The interface is easy to navigate and is intuitive. As someone customer-facing, having all of my customer details in front of me is very important, and I value how well Help Scout does with pulling in contact info, pictures, and info about the person I'm helping.

What do you dislike?

We were not utilizing everything Help Scout has to offer, so I'm sure my qualms are addressed, but I wish there were more flexibility with dashboard configurability. I like the reports, but I'd like more dashboard to easily glance at. One thing that is a bit frustrating sometimes is when you're writing a reply to someone and they send you another email, it isn't clear. It would be helpful to get a notification that says a customer responded in again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really spend time on setting it up. I feel we rushed to get it up and running and may have missed vital settings and configuration options. We got everything integrated and set up for our customers (support site, chat, email aliases) eventually but I wish we payed more attention in the beginning.

As stated above, Help Scout was incredibly helpful to a growing support team. Training new employees on Help Scout took less than a couple hours and we continued to decrease our customer support ticker volume.

Help Scout review by Administrator

"Help Scout has may great features"

What do you like best?

I love the saved replies as well as the workflows. These two options make responding to tickets/emails very easy and consistent. I do like the ability to assign someone else a task or ticket as well. However, these options are also include in most if not all other similar programs.

What do you dislike?

I think the design is something I had to get used to. It may have just been something I was not used to as we were testing multiple options for a help desk system. Another thing that has been a headache is using the workflows and making sure that specific tickets/emails are closed. I have noticed that without closing these, the workflow may automate a task that doesn't need to be automated. It is definitely something the user has to do, but makes it tedious to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend making workflows a little bit easier to work with. Like stated before, I feel that this should make things easier and more automated. However, some tasks have had us paying more attention to details we weren't expecting to watch.

We have solved all ticketing issues. Before we were using only Outlook and chat options to take care of most tasks. We really needed a complete system. We have realized that there are far more things we can do with this type of product. It has increased our productivity in the short time we have used it.

Help Scout review by Jenna G.
Jenna G.

"Great for Organization"

What do you like best?

I like that Help Scout kept our team organized and acted as a universal email inbox that offered a comprehensive layout.

What do you dislike?

I wish the chat feature was more reliable, and the mobile app could have been more stable. Sometimes I would try to log in from my phone but had issues loading pages, which was annoying and frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Help Scout to others! It is user-friendly and is good if you are working on a team because everyone can work collaboratively. The customer service administrators are knowledgeable and helpful and get you back on track if you run into any issues which is always important! Definitely a 10/10.

Help Scout kept us organized and was convenient if someone was out of work for the day.

Help Scout review by User in Computer Software

"Best Customer Service Software around for high volume business"

What do you like best?

Helpscout is great for many reasons:

+You can see how many customers need help at a glance.

With the inboxes on the side bar you can see how many customers have not received a response, how many need to have an additional response, closed tickets, and your personal inbox of customers you have served.

+if you are going to be out of the office you can send your incoming tickets to the queue.

This will send any tickets you have responded to back to the main inbox while you are away.

+notes and sending to other people.

Being able to add notes and assign the ticket to other people in your organization makes life easy and customers happy for quick responses.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have found to be an inconvenience with HelpScout is when you have written a note to another party, assigned it, and the customer writes back. When they write back it takes the note out of the assigned inbox and back to the person who sent it over. It would be better if there was a note in the corner placing it in both inboxes and if one of the 2 people respond it leaves both inboxes.

Response times are a huge thing in this day and age. The ability to quickly see what needs to be done so that your team can knock it out quickly is the reason we use HelpScout.

Help Scout review by Kristin B.
Kristin B.

"Really helpful tool!"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of functionality here--you can triage really easily, track all notes, all history on the emails and see all history with that same client at a glance. You can also see how each staff member is faring each day or month to track progress during the day.

What do you dislike?

It's very easy to lose drafts if you type too quickly and the auto-save doesn't always jump in in time.

We use Helpscout to triage all incoming CS emails and communicate with all of our clients.

Help Scout review by Mariano D.
Mariano D.

"Helpscout: A great ticketing and collaboration tool to handle customer requests."

What do you like best?

* WORFLOWS! By far, this is my favorite feature.

* Excellent, logical ticketing system.

* Generous mailbox allotment.

* The ability to set up one mailbox for customers that could be managed by multiple people.

* Well thought out collaborative tools for managing customer needs and expectations.

What do you dislike?

* It can get a little on the expensive side

* Occasional outages during the period we've been using them

We were looking for a system for managing customer requests and needs, and being able to collaborate effectively on requests that required interactions with more than one team member. Helpscout helps us do that, and with workflows it allows us to identify ways to automate processes so that it requires less interaction from us in cases where it isn't necessary. We all love this tool and definitely feel it helps us to support our customers more effectively.

"Help Scout Review"

What do you like best?

I love that you can make internal notes on an email and make an actual ticket instead of an email. That is helpful when we work in Team boxes. Getting to communicate internally through notes and "mentions" makes it easier and more efficient to eliminate sending a separate email from another Dept. I also love their little pictures and messages of encouragement after you've "emptied" a box!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the statuses automatically default to CLOSED. Because if you're not paying attention, you may forget to change the status. I also didn't like that you couldn't email a HelpScout box from a HelpScout box, but they have recently remedied that issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a little different from a standard email platform (i.e. gmail) but it is very easy to learn and once you know it's features, you can really do a lot with ease. I don't run them a lot, but I do like the features of the data and analysis parts too. I use it in a team/group setting with multiple depts having their own Helpscout boxes, and it's very interesting to see how many emails/tickets are sent/generated, received, average response time, etc. It's just nice to be able to have that data to also decide if more people are needed for a specific task or less people needed to focus efforts in other places.

We use HelpScout as a ticketing system for providing customer service in many facets. It saves time when able to add notes and share things from Dept to Dept without having to create a whole new email thread/chain. Everything is all linked in one chain too. Also the ability to "merge" email threads together if they're about the same topic is very beneficial as well. Being able to change/edit "customers" is nice feature too.

Help Scout review by Isidoro "Roy" J.
Isidoro "Roy" J.

"It works... I guess"

What do you like best?

The GUI is very simple to use and SSO is nice. This isn't a bad tool for very small IT departments and it's a great way for someone new to IT to learn how to ticket. I will have to applaud them on a decent mobile app.

What do you dislike?

There is a noticeable lack of power. Out of all the ticketing services I've used, I liked this the least. Reassigning tickets seemed to be much more cumbersome than needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd probably look into Zendesk first

If you need a ticketing system to track work, this will be fine. If you need something more, I'd look into Zendesk

Learning about Help Scout?

* We monitor all Help Scout reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.