The Jupyter Notebook Reviews & Product Details

The Jupyter Notebook Overview

What is The Jupyter Notebook?

Jupyter Notebook is an open-source web application designed to allow users to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations and narrative text.

The Jupyter Notebook Details

Jupyter Open Source
2014
N/A
@ProjectJupyter

The Jupyter Notebook Reviews

Showing 128 The Jupyter Notebook reviews
Already have The Jupyter Notebook?
Engineer
What do you like best?

I have been using Jupyter notebook for 1 years and feel that this is the best IDE for python as it can be used for creating multiple blocks of code along with the attached mark downs and text which will help any other user to understand the math behind complex code. This is one of the best tool to understand basic Machine learning and data science coding along with understanding and implementing more complex algorithms in deep learning. Jupyter notebooks also come with a interactive plotting environment wherein you can view the data with the notebook itself rather than opening a third party software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The installation is a bit tricky if you are using it for the first time. I tried using the simple "pip install Jupyter notebook" in a random directory and it did not work. I found a YouTube video which explained that we need to first change the directory to the python folder (in C drive) and then install Jupyter notebook in order for us to open Jupyter notebook from everywhere. This is the hardest part that I have faced using Jupyter notebook. Also I feel that Jupyter notebook are not well suited for making products. They can be used for exploration and in academics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best IDE you can use for python. A lot of documentation is available on the Jupyter website and stack overflow. This will help everyone to get immediate solutions when they are stuck Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am currently taking various courses in Deep learning and Machine learning wherein I am using Jupyter notebook. All the assignments are designed in Jupyter notebook because it helps the learner to write and explain the code comprehensively. I am also working on an OCR project wherein I am building on a GitHub repository [also written in a Jupyter notebook]. The benefit of this product is that it becomes very simple to understand and write the code and you can see all the modules of the code at a single location [which becomes an advantage when you see a code after a long time] Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in The Jupyter Notebook
Product Manager
What do you like best?

Jupyter is very easy to download, install, and use. Beginner with less knowledge can also start working on it without training. People can find out on their own how to go about it. You get the output on the same page that makes it very convenient for programmers and for debugging. Multiple languages like R, python, etc can be coded. It's free of cost and excellent for students, coaching, and learning Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. It's perfect though anaconda is a very large file and sometimes pose a problem with devices that don't have proper RAM or Storage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Name the products correctly, remove the duplicate files to manage files, index it properly to find your projects later when required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it mainly to work on different data science and machine learning projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Member
What do you like best?

It allows up to execute codes in a block. It allows using many languages on a single platform. It is an Ipython and works faster than other Integrated Development Environment. It is easy to use and has a really good not so complex user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to open from the command prompt window. It can not go back to the path where it got initialized to open. Its kernel dies again and again. Many a time its auto-save stops working. It has a really long and complex procedure to add language kernel to it like for matlab, octave , c++ etc. i don't like that for simple fnt customization in the markdown wee always need to use HTML code . It does not gives us freedom to choose our font style in markdown Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it as my primary integrated developing environment.i use it to code in various languages like python, C++ etc using it's kernels Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design Engineer
What do you like best?

The easy to use IDE for python especially for those who are beginners in python language.

Write and execute code to get results in real-time.

Doesn't require any internal storage.

Easy to install and can access codes from any system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you get an error related to the kernel which can only be fixed by restarting it.

Exporting the code to other formats can be improved sometimes give an error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a beginner you will love this Python IDE. You can begin with the online version slowly you will see how easy it is for learning and becoming a python developer using Jupyter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business analytics related projects.

Work on large datasets and build machine learning models. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Jupyter Notebook gives us a platform on which we can perform Data Analysis, visualization, cleaning, and predictions using different languages such as Python and R. We, however, mostly work with Python and its data science libraries

We are particularly most impressed by the visualization ablities using python libraries such as seaborn. We love this feature so much because most IDEs cannot display visual diagrams such as histograms, static maps, and scatter plots.

Jupyter Notebooks is also very simple to understand and use. In my experience, you do not need to fully grasp it over several instances of use. I learnt how to use it in less than a day Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Code version controlling in Jupyter notebooks is really poor and this becomes frustrating when working in team. When you try to merge two notebooks, it is nearly impossible since they are stored as JSON

Also, even though it is a code editor, it lacks crucial features such as code linting, integration with IDEs or code style correction Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should try the online version first before actually downloading it on you comp. Also, the best way to work with Jupyter notebooks is to download Anaconda itself which comes with jupyter and other python libraries by default Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our organization is in the tourism industry, although in a less conventional format.

We are tasked with the responsbility of studying market trends to determine countries where more people are willing to venture into the type of tourism and Non-governmental work that we do. This requires comprehensive analysis of large data sets.

Jupyter has become a significant part of this process as we are able to visualize and perform analytics right within this lightweight code editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Data Scientist
What do you like best?

The user interface is awesome!! and it’s free too. It provides us the ability to test the code by block wise. Also I like the feature that most of the libraries are pre loaded. Apart from that it reliable and has a clean interface. Installing the libraries is also easy. I also, feel it is very easy to learn and use for newbies and the learning curve is not steep. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel there is a lot of room for improvement. Few features like understanding the variables shape and few features like arranging the files in the folder and the ease of moving files between the folders.

Page breaks when exporting the code to pdf can be improved. it is a bit tough to understand the code in pdf version. That can be one improvement area. Few features like recently opened notebooks can be helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A very good product and personally I liked the product a lot. I mostly use Jupyter notebook for coding in Python Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work on many business analytics projects using Jupyter notebook. benefits include faster experimentation as Jupyter notebooks allows to test a certain block of code and the ability to organise the code Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Jupyter notebook is an environment for interactive coding. It allows users to show both the code and the results on one page. It supports many languages and is getting more and more popular. It is even possible to write a technical book in Jupyter environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, the only problem with Jupyter is that version control is not as straightforward as regular code so I use the Jupyter notebook for small projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Well, it allows people to see the code and results at the same time. I used it in my PhD research and I wanted to communicate both what I did (the code) and what turned out (the results) to my supervisors, and Jupyter did it for me perfectly. I could impress my supervisors with my work and I think Jupyter played a role in it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
What do you like best?

Whenever I code or write a Python script for that matter, I like to execute and see the result in real-time. That way, I can debug my codes as I go. And Jupyter notebook just does that! It also fits my organizational needs well. I like how the Jupyter notebook has chunks where I can split my script into different segments or functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the limitations of the Jupyter notebook is GPU. Because it is a web-based application, it can be taxing on the user's graphics. I do not have a strong GPU on my laptop, so whenever I run massive datasets (say sample size of >300k), my laptop heats up even after all the fans run like crazy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an environment to code, you should try Jupyter Notebook. I have used many of its competitors, such as IDLE and Spyder, but I keep going back to the notebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work as a Research Assistant and a Data Consultant, so I work closely with datasets and build machine learning models. I primarily work on Python to clean and analyze data, and Jupyter Notebook is my favorite IDE. It allows me to run my script in real-time, and the instant feedback avails me to debug my codes as I go.

In my prior experience with other code editors, I used to write and run the entire script, which consumed quite a time and computational resources because I had to run the whole script every time. With Jupyter notebook, I can split my codes into different chunks and execute each piece. That way, I can assess where the error is and debug the chunk accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a web-based tool that helps code in Python with Markdown language support for better commenting. It helps to perform all the functions of Python prominently, but does not support any type of front-end languages. It helps to work with Python by providing error and output just after the code cell which helps in building large Python scripts and softwares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no such problem with this tool, but a major problem is that it is acquiring localhost which cannot be used as long as this tool is not running. Sometimes it raises some errors with kernel management and has a significantly lower buffer size to handle the history of tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is helping all python professionals in almost every industry. It is web-based technology that helps users to run and execute on devices with less processing that have less RAM. It has the ability to develop any type of python file as per workflow management. It requires some upgrading before use, but helps in submitting work in many formats such as PDF, HTML, ipynb, py etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My work mainly related to data is completed by this localhost tool. This helps me write the code and get the output right after the code cell. All my machine learning tasks, artificial intelligence based projects and neural networks are easily done without any problem on it. It also helped my data work with Amazon and I have completed some of my big projects on this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has a well-defined structure that provides users with an overall experience.

It is a separate kernel related component to work with and also supports markdown languages ​​for better commenting options in the program.

It is a web-based tool, which means that it does not require internal storage.

It has a good environment for handling visuals and charts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although it has a lot of interesting components and features but sometimes it throws an error corresponding to the kernel that requires the kernel to be restarted.

This achieves localhost which restricts other services to run on the same port of localhost and sometimes it is difficult to change the localhost port for specific tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good product based on Python IDE which supports all necessary and functional functions of Python. It is capable of creating software as well as automated python scripts with an amazing kernel management functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me with my python projects which include automated tools and software development in python.

It also helps me in my web based work like data scraping and will be used in data analysis and further manipulation in Python. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Scientist
What do you like best?

Like jupyter notebook much since has can be accessed from any browser and different machine.Also running code in individual cells also looks great with online graphs display.

Can work from any system and access same code placed on cloud or git. Also can be installed on local machine easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometime auto code completion for not work properly . Also in some other integrated environment like Google colab short cut not works Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writing python codes for machine learning projects. Graps shown within editor found very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Jupyter notebook supports a cell system to write python code and displays it's output just below of that cell. This cell system makes it attractive and helps to increase the efficiency of code. It also provides a lot of download types that help to download the file for users in html, py, ipnb and also in pdf formats so that they will not able to manipulate the code in the file Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am highly fascinated towards it's interface but found a issue of slow speed and no option to view the code together. As sometimes I need to look to the code as whole that helps me in identifying bugs and also it's visual graphs gets joined with the output that require a lot of scrolling to reach at top Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an interactive platform to code python with lot of file formats as download options. It will helps to show the output just below the code so that user would not have to wait for long. It's interface is very handy and anyone can use it easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working in data science field which requires a lot of pre-processing of data and also sometimes requires to automate some task like code creation or data scraping from web at that point it helps me to write and mange python codes. Also this will help me to test and run customized modules so that it will show the output soon after the code because testing or bug finding requires to run a single code a lot of times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Associate Consultant
What do you like best?

Simple interface, and easy for beginner (either for student or associate consultant) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

pip install are a lot, and it required one to do more research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data assessment by using pandas and numpy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CP
What do you like best?

Jupyter Notebook is one of the best environment for doing the Data Science Projects, In a single place you can analyze the data and also add notes for you analysis done to present you analysis. the matplot library is great for visualizing the data using different charts. Setting up of the Jupyter notebook is real quick and the community support for Jupyter Notebook is also great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cannot be used for very heavy scientific calculations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Jupyter Notebook for Data Science projects for analyzing various types of data. Setting up of the notebook is real quick and it comes with many useful library preinstalled. Using the notebook is quite simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

The notebook is very well structured and the best part is one will be able to view the output right away. Like imagine a cell in an excel sheet and we will be able to see the result as soon as we put in the formula. That is how Jupyter works. This allows us to fix errors then and there without going too far into the code Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Importing the libraries is a little complex since we have to do it from the terminal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One thing to consider is working through the terminal. There is a lot of help available online so please make use of it. Also you can access it via anaconda and make sure to see videos that can help install and set it up in the right way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Exploratory data analysis

NEural NEtworks design

Principal Component Analysis

T-sne Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce Administaror
What do you like best?

The tool is very user friendly and the best part are the libraries associated. Another cherry on the cake is its ability to produce immediate output and check for any errors. Though Spyder also has similar functionalities it is a bit behind when it comes to producing graphs which is not the case with Jupyter notebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I use Spyder and Jupyter together. So the boon it gives is sometimes a bane too. When it comes to libraries and exporting them , it sometimes get a little tricky when it comes to exporting updated libraries. It takes through research to get to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All my Machine Learning programs, advanced healthcare data analysis programs are being executed using Jupyter notebook. Also recently I did a program that gives output on the principal component scores of a given data. The correlation matrix was excellently provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Jupyter Notebook is very interactive. One can easily see what is happening by running chunks of code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, Kernel deads and in this situation we have to restart the kernel and then re-run all the cells. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Jupyter Notebook is one of the finest application for python programming and for making Machine Learning projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Jupyter Notebook for python programming. I make Machine Learning models in Jupyter Notebook. The Jupyter Notebook is super accessible, fast, and productive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Jupyter Notebook is very easy to use. The auto-suggestion feature helps a lot while coding. Also, the interface provided by Jupyter Notebook helps the coder to be more productive and efficient. Overall Jupyter Notebook is a must-have application for the Python programmers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have to restart the kernel and run all the cells in order to run our code. This takes additional time and it is a bit frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an easy to use and highly customizable web application for Python Programming then you should give a try to Jupyter notebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Jupyter notebook mainly for Scientific programming(Data Science and Machine Learning). One of the best things about the Jupyter Notebook is that we can easily share our code with others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Jupyter Notebook is really interactive. Unlike other code editor software, here we can run a chunk of code to see the output. Also, it comes preloaded with a lot of useful libraries like Numpy, sci-kit learn, pandas, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Jupyter Notebook is really awesome in every aspect but one aspect where it lacks is that we have to restart the Kernel many times to run the code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jupyter Notebook is one of the most interactive software for python programming. If you are looking for software where you can do scientific computing then you should go for the Jupyter Notebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Jupyter Notebook usually for Python programming. I do the analysis of data using the Jupyter notebook. Jupyter Notebook is really fast, elegant, easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Jupyter Notebook is one of the most efficient software for python programming. Especially for Machine Learning and Data Science projects. One can easily load libraries like Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib.pyplot, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When loading big datasets in Jupyter Notebook, Jupyter Notebook gets slow. Also, there are times when we have to restart the kernel and run all the cells in order to run our code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jupyter Notebook is one of the most useful software for machine learning and Data Science Projects. It is easy to use and there are a lot of shortcut keys that makes the work easier and effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Jupyter Notebook for Machine learning and Data science projects. Jupyter notebook is super easy to use, and it also saves a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data & Business Analyst
What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and learn how to use it effectively. It has a lot of intuitive shortcuts. The results are clean and understandable for others. You can use it with either python or R, that's very useful because you don't need to switch between tools even if you use different languages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can't open the dataset that you are working with easily. You can just print on the screen the results but no easily interact with the data as you would do with other tools. However there exist extension that you can add to Jupyter Notebook to be able to interact with your dataset. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to learn and use for data analysts, data scientists and developers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am doing data analysis and applying Machine Learning to my data and then share it with other colleagues easily. It's useful because it's very visual and you can even use it to present your results to non-technical audiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fullstack Developer - Software
What do you like best?

Jupyter notebooks helps to annotate code effective , If we give someone a jupyter notebook with the markdown annotations, they can not only read the code but also run it and the best part is the code runs inside the browser. It also supports graphical display libraries like Matplotlib this enables us to not only run data analysis but also plot the results in beautiful graphs. It is difficult to send the code and dependencies to someone else to reproduce the results, but since Jupyter notebooks are self contained, one can easily send the whole notebook with all the annotations and the receiver can completely run the setup and see the same output and edit it on the fly if need be, Jupyternoteboos come with a handy auto save checkpoint feature so that one can roll back to a previous version if need be, since Jupyter is an opensource software, all the open issues are public and the software becomes extensible. Since Jupyter notebook is a sever based software that binds to a port, it can be deployed in a remote instance and can be accessed from anywhere in the world easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Jupyter notebooks consumes a lot CPU cycles and RAM, hence we need to be mindful of it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jupyter notebook is a one of kind software that has no other alternatives, so go for it without fretting much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Binding of code and annotations that is editable by the receiver is made possible by Jupyter notebooks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CFO
What do you like best?

I have used a combination of Perl, Fortran, NCL, Matlab, R and others for routine research, but found out this general- purpose language, Python, can handle almost all in an efficient way from requesting data from remote online sites to statistics, and graphics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once I posted a snippet from a jupyter notebook into slack python developer group. I cannot say how ashamed I felt about the way they blamed me for not following pep conventions. Jupyter has no kind of linting meaning you can write very badly styled coded. Just try to copy your code into your favorable code editor with linting, and you will see what I mean. Data Scientist are not software engineers and therefore tools that govern their code quality and help to improve it are very important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jupyter has great features. These features, perhaps, come with a minor cost of reduced language performance, but this is a trade-off the vast majority of users are willing to make in order to gain all the advantages Python has to offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

First of all the interactive interface provided by Jupyter notebook is really nice. Jupyter notebook is very easy to use and the live coding feature is really awesome. Jupyter notebook works very efficiently in scientific programming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is very frustrating when it comes to reusing the code. We have to refresh the kernel before running in some cases such as when accessing a file from hard disk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a website application that supports live coding, saving and sharing of your documents and is easy to use then you should go for Jupyter notebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do scientific programming in Jupyter notebook. Jupyter Notebook is very useful when it comes to code in python. I make a lot of presentation codes and share them with my team. It is very easy to understand the code when shown to a large group of people(Workshops). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.