Egnyte

Egnyte delivers the only modern content platform that is purpose-built for businesses. Egnyte gives IT centralized control and protection over their files, and users fast access to their content, no matter how or where work happens.

Get a 15-Day Free Trial Now!

Work for Egnyte?

Learning about Egnyte?

Egnyte Reviews

Ask Egnyte a Question
Showing 286 Egnyte reviews
Kenneth L.

"File Cloud System for the Professional "

What do you like best?

Egnyte has a great file structure and you can copy the view and usage as you know from a drive on a windows machine or MacOS. The end user get a good feeling of using it right away. The features is great together with administration. We can limit users and we can setup user permissions. There's good options for the usage whether the user want to use desktop sync, drive or the browser version.

What do you dislike?

At the moment there's no way to collaborate in office documents like you see at Onedrive. You can do it through the browser but it limits you with some features in the Office applications. I haven't had the best experiences with customer support and it seems like it is very up an down.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a good idea about how you want to setup your file structure and how you're going to manage the access throughout user management -> groups or individually. Have a plan ready for this and some training and you will be fine.

We have a cloud based file solution where we can give maintain all our data and share it individually. We can also share it with people from outside the organisation etc. File versioning is great for an IT guy like me together with great recovery options. A safe solution for our data.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Egnyte
Jordan S.

"Most flexible business system for hosting files"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the customizable setup that Egnyte allows. I can structure folders in a way that make sense for me and my team, giving permissions and sharing to members in a way that makes sense for each person. It's not a one-size-fits-all approach, and that's exactly the way it should be! I've also really come to appreciate how well the mobile app works. When I have a file uploaded by a partner at 10pm (happens a lot!), it's a lot easier to open the app, verify it, and quickly move it along down the pipeline by sharing with the next partner, rather than getting access to the PC for a quick task.

What do you dislike?

As an administrator, I wish there were more reports designed to help me clean up older areas of Egnyte. For example, we have shifted the structure of our folders around twice in the last three years and there are a lot of duplicate folders floating around. I'd love to see a report indicating folders that hadn't been used in X months or years, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can get your team on board, it's a great product that can provide solutions in areas that you didn't even realize were lacking!

We work with a multitude of freelancers and business partners and need to pass files securely back and forth to them several times during a project. Egnyte lets us do that in a way that makes sense for them and saves time. In addition, the recent implementation of Office Online has been huge for our internal teamwork, allowing us to collaborate real-time on writing projects and production spreadsheets.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Brad S.

"Egnyte is a product that our company couldn't live without!"

What do you like best?

I can speak for all of our staff when I say that one of the best things about Egnyte is having access to basically all of our documents, no matter where you are. As an electrical contractor, being able to access the most current documents from anywhere (in the field, at a meeting, even out on the golf course if needed) is a huge benefit and time saver.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to think of something to dislike, but one thing I can think of has to do with one of our policies, not necessarily Egnyte. We only keep the past few years projects on our local server and store everything old strictly in the cloud. When a new year rolls around and we create a new folder, just remembering to ensure that the new folder is set to sync to the cloud is often overlooked. This gets caught when someone can't see the new folder outside of the office.

This goes along with the above items, but just being able to have a backup of all data offsite (with historical versioning), and having all of that available at any time and any where.

Jarrad T.

"It is the all-in-one professional cloud platform"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, as well as the integration into all of our different computer systems. It, truly, is the simplest platform that I am aware of. When we are building a new festival, we use Egnyte to upload Assets, Necessary Information, Sponsor Contracts, and Egnyte is also host to all of our Graphics that are used and sent throughout the festival building season.

Some of our Graphics files are over a Gig in size, and Egnyte handles it without an issue. The other party can then simply hit download, and have a full resolution file in a short amount of time.

With the file sharing, it is easy to keep a great organizational handle on things such as sponsors. Keeping our Sponsor Contracts, Assets, etc., all in one location. Our team then has the ability to access these files from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is fast, convenient, and easy to use. It truly helps us clear a lot of redundancy within our company. Whether it be sharing contracts, images, or even uploading information to share outside of the company.

We benefit greatly from storage. Rather than us having to have a localized server, and then having to spend the time & money to have an on-call tech support individual; we use Egnyte and it solves our storage and money problems.

It allows us to all integrate together and very easy to use.

Amanda S.

"It's basically Google Drive"

What do you like best?

User interface is very easy to use. You can link any number of programs to be able to share and create documents, our company personally uses Microsoft Office. You can upload documents you make elsewhere, even upload photos from your phone as "scans" because who has a scanner available 24/7 anymore. You have the ability to make different things private or choose who has access to what documents.

What do you dislike?

As I said this is essentially Google Drive. I haven't come across anything, myself, that I couldn't just do in Google Drive. I'm sure there must be more to it in terms of privacy, etc, but at least you know if you've ever used Google Drive you'll get the hang of this pretty easily. Is it stunning to look at with fun colors like Google? No, but I supposed that is the "business" vibe they are trying to give off. The main issue I have with Egnyte is that it requires you to reset your password every 3 months, which is annoying and makes for multiple password fast; and that it will occasionally lock others out of a document when you have it open, which when the point it to be able to group edit things, doesn't really seem helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It seems secure enough. It makes you change your password every 3 months and you have to be invited to be able to access any and all folders that your server (company) sets up. I am not sure if there is a certain capacity for data storage as ours seems to be bogged down when documents get really large. But that may be certain settings, or just internet speed in general.

As I have said this program is essentially the business version of Google Drive, with I'm assuming some added security. You have to be invited by an administrator to access all/some files within your companies drive. It works fairly well as a mobile app as it does in a browser, although the desktop app I am not a fan of, it just gets in the way and has trouble updating live.

Chris H.

"Excellent Product - perfect solution for our needs"

What do you like best?

The feature I like best is the ability to connect to cloud content without storing or synchronising a local copy on a client device. It was the only product I could find that does this at a price we could afford as a non profit.

What do you dislike?

Disproportionate costs of additional features, active directory & the security package which includes 2FA would double our subscription. It would be good to see these options priced more proportionately. Some of the we link management is a bit counter intuitive. All of this is worth living with because of how good the product is in other areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best product for a certain criteria of specific needs, and the lowest price point. It is also extremely reliable. We've run it for a year and it's never not been available. I personally have experienced 100% uptime with this product, this is a big deal these days with the way technology companies are working.

Shared files and documents with people in and outside the organisation. More flexible and remote working across a variety of devices, control and security of data in case of equipment theft. Reduction of files attached to emails!

Anthony G.

"Virtually the single biggest change we've made in years"

What do you like best?

We started by moving a departmental file share in Windows that were all off site (remote workers) and after the WOW set in, almost all of the other departments started falling (following) like dominoes.

We had another department using sharepoint to control document access and revisions and it never really satisfied them (enter Egnyte and webedit with permissions that work).

I like having our files onsite and having our appliance handle the sync to and from the cloud.

We have had a tremendous saving in time using link sharing (directly from the MS office plugin).

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to see some improvements to allow moving from the standard sync appliance to the new turbo appliance.

It would be helpful if some of the results in the reports were sortable by columns in the web interface instead of downloading as a CSV and having to use two screen to hunt down anything that needs to be manually expired when auditing.

I'd like to see a direct integration to workfront BY either workfront and/or egnyte instead of paying a crazy sky high fee to a third party. They could integrate with more vendors (directly).

I think the pricing for add-on storage is steep.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Roll it out in a limited fashion to get a small team to provide feedback and listen to that feedback to make changes to permissions. Then step through one business function or department at a time.

We shared over 8,000 links last year. That's a Terabyte or more of attachments that never hit email and countless files being blocked at one place or another due to type or size. That's a lot of problems solved all at once.

There is a high efficiency when you share a file rapidly from your email client without waiting for anything to upload. The recipient also sees that same efficiency because they can save the file where they want and stop using their email application as a file cabinet.

We use it as part of an file handling workflow to clients and vendors for non-sensitive files (artwork, documents). It's been in place almost 16 months and we have over 60 staff members using it regularly.

The user training seems to be easy complete and it gets adopted fast. Nothing is worthwhile if your user adoption rate is low.

Kevin C.

"Egnyte is simply the best cloud solution we have used todate for our business."

What do you like best?

Egnyte is simply very easy to use, especially the web interface, the Desktop App and Sync tools when compared to other cloud solutions we have used in the past. All the tools run quickly especially the desktop App which we primarily use. We do also used the Microsoft add in to our desktop office which also works very well.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I would say is for the Egnyte Office plans, they should still include Multifactor Authentication given security is such a hot issue and one which all cloud suppliers should provide as a standard.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't waste your time with other cloud solutions such as Box, Dropbox and Sharefile. In my opinion and experience they are too expensive and they have their hidden charges and app problems. Just go for it with Egnyte. I wish we had done sooner!

Using a secure cloud platform that both our users feel comfortable using that contains all the tools for them as well as including our clients when sharing important files and the ease of use for them also. The benefit has been very positive feedback from both our users and clients who have been critical with previous cloud solutions we tried.

John G.

"Great Centralized Private Cloud with excellent syncing service and good sharing tools. "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that all three of of our Office NAS systems are kept up today. This allows allow for all our users to have the latest files at their fingertips. The apps that are provided are excellent and all users can access information outside the office without having to rely on a VPN.

What do you dislike?

The one major drawback that I hate is the fact as an administrator I cannot assign passwords to my uses. I understand their thinking on user security, but I disagree with their philosophy behind the decision. My users usually call me when things like passwords need changing and the fact that I cannot do this for them while they are on the line with me is infuriating, and counter productive.

There isn't much not to like, they have strong support. Their NAS syncing software had an issue which caused some headaches, but working with their tech support we were able to help them nail down a fix for it. Their last 2 or 3 NAS application updates have been great with no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at your total amount of data that you need to store. Make sure that include enough room for growth, and make sure that you have an archive plan in place to remove older data to free up space.

Out data is synced between all offices without having to rely solely private telecom circuits and expensive software to do this job. Plus the user software has allowed us to discontinue VPN software to connect to the office servers to work from hom.

Joey P.

"Best solution on the market for remote teams with large files!"

What do you like best?

Egnyte's syncing speed, the organization of the app itself, and the quick customer service. There are small features too that may it very easy to control permissions, onboard team members, and navigate local files. The ability to quickly sync large files is fantastic. We've tried multiple different apps (CTera, SugarSync, Google Drive) but Egnyte won in the end.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes tickets take some time to resolve because the issues are complex. But honestly, they have been fantastic for the most part and the one ticket I am thinking of ended up being a Microsoft problem. I wish they would have contacted Microsoft about it, but I understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Improve your automations on Zapier! We really want to optimize our processes and the limited Zapier options are disappointing.

Sharing large 3D and architectural files with a completely remote team quickly and securely.

Adin K.

"All in one place"

What do you like best?

We all love that we don't have to carry around thumb drives or other portable storage. we also always know where to look for a project file.

What do you dislike?

I have a hard time coming up with something I dislike about Egnyte.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly rcomend Egnyte. it has greatly improved productivity and given us the freedome to acces our information anywhere.

We were always storing a project file on different computers around the office or on laptops and had now central storage location. We would use thumb drives to share and it became very hard to find the latest file. Egnyte gives us a simple solution to our problem. We always know where to look for the latest file and we can access it from any computer. We can even get to them easily form our mobile devices.

Allen S.

"Small non-profit, lots of files and collaboration needs"

What do you like best?

Simple functionality of egnyte- ease of doing the things we need to do - uploading and downloading and sharing links of large documents and files with external audiences. I also like the mobile app for in a pinch when my laptop or tablet don't make sense on the road. Has never gone down or been unaccessible in the 10+ years we have been using it.

What do you dislike?

Searching for pictures - some of the image rendering - in a file with large number of high res pics- can be a tad on the slow side but they are big files

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Also, we had a subpoena recently and the Egnyte system was so easy to search and download and isolate over 5 years worth of files and documents in question that it relieved a huge headache for a small staff

Sharing info in a semi-distributed workforce; providing good member service and sharing of materials and documents. Being able to access all our stuff from anywhere and anytime. i don;t have an IT department so a "file server" is not in the picture here. it also offers really good back up functionality to ensure my employees are not going to lose all our staff if their machine crashes.

Matthew V.

"Egnyte is a safe and easy way to store all of your documents"

What do you like best?

I like that you can very easily set up a hierarchy, control sharing/viewing, and easily use it as a virtual drive on any computer. Also their desktop sync feature makes everything automated and easy.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike, it's hard to find any fault with anything so far as we have used this application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you do your research, I believe you'll find that Egnyte is safe, secure, easy to setup, easy to use, and easy to integrate with systems that are already in place

we are solving document storage and sharing. We have realized the benefit of getting less expensive computers due to not having to have high memory capacity, no risk of losing anything if a computer crashes, and the benefit of the mobile app to access anything anywhere.

Adam P.

"Strong file sharing product"

What do you like best?

Easy to sync local files and shared network files, which removes our need for an in-house file server and additional backup software, saving money.

What do you dislike?

Web interface can be slow to load at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A strong product that is easy to set up and use. It makes file sharing internal and external to our organization easy to use and secure. There are strong integrations with other products, which create even more efficiencies.

We're a small/medium size business with 35 full-time employees spread across 14 locations. Egnyte allows us to easily collaborate and share files, without the need for additional hardware or a managed network. We looked at other platforms, including Google Drive (we are Google apps users) but we needed a more robust system, which Egnyte provides.

Aloisio A.

" Efficient and modern platform for storage, Egnyte does his job well"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the privacy that Egnyte offers, with it the administrator for creating custom folders and making them visible and accessible only to whom he gives the access privilege, thus maintaining the privacy of information that interests only a certain group of people , this also helps the organization as a whole by having each sector access only its corresponding files.

What do you dislike?

would be interesting a greater variety in user levels, currently for a user to be able to perform online editions it is necessary to give administrator access to this person, it would be interesting an intermediate level so that it would not be necessary to give administrator access

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Egnyte fulfills its role very well, is secure, eifcient and intuitive, will give extra security for your files, documents and backups, keeping them a few clicks and an internet connection away from you, is extremely useful in companies with affiliates

We used Egnyte as our main storage and file-sharing platform in the cloud. Before we used a local server of the company itself, but with the expansion of the company and new branches arising we had to look for an alternative storage online, after a search of points that we judged interesting, the choice was egnyte who proved to be safe, efficient and with an optimal organization that gives the administrator the possibility to organize folders and subfolders by setting up the appropriate structure for its employees and sectors

Enya M.

"Egnyte makes document storage a breeze! "

What do you like best?

What I like the most about using Egnyte is the organizational levels that it allows us to utilize for document retention. Folders, sub-folders, sub-sub-folders, etc. for as long as you would need! The easy and encrypted sharing ability helps add that extra level of security that our firm's clients expect in today's day and age.

What do you dislike?

So far, we have no come across any dislikes for Egnyte! We are very happy with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try! You will not be disappointed!

Using Egnyte allows our firm to electronically retain and share documents with ease! It's 2019, our clients expect us to be able to access, share, and retain their files from anywhere and at any time.

"Egnyte is a great option for file storage and sharing."

What do you like best?

Egnyte allows safe cloud storage for files, in a central location for all designated people to access. The desktop sync option lets you store only the folders/files you want to access locally, without getting bogged down with every single folder/file that is stored. I use the desktop option almost exclusively and I rarely use the browser access. The desktop folders look and behave like and typical document folder, unlike with some other cloud systems. The sync is nearly immediate and constant which makes it harder to accidentally lose your work. You can also see the history of work you've done on a file.

What do you dislike?

My biggest dislike about Egnyte is that I can't figure out a way to password protect, or otherwise restrict access to, folders that I want to keep private. I keep financial files that are mostly meant to be accessed by everyone in the company. However, files that have personnel and salary information should be kept private but I can't figure out a way to block others from accessing them. Right now I keep them in sub-sub-folders hoping that they will be unnoticed. Also, a small pet peeve of mine is that the desktop sync frequently gets hung up at the beginning of a day's usage, asking me to exit and re-initiate. It only takes a few seconds but it is annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Egnyte for people looking for reliable cloud storage and file sharing. It is an excellent central location for collaborative workers. I don't recommend it as highly if you plan to primarily (or solely) access it through the web browser, however. The desktop sync option is much easier and more useful.

With Egnyte we filled the need for file backup. We were previously using a physical server, which is obviously a bad option considering the possibility of crashing. Egnyte allowed us to save files without the fear of loss, and allows us to continue keeping things in a centrally accessible place.

Mauro Z.

"Egnyte for Construction sites"

What do you like best?

Egnyte gave our Business a unique safe repository for all our project sites. Before of that we used to store our information on several servers only reachable via LAN or VPN connections. Now we are able to have all the data available from anytime and anywhere, the only thing we need is connection to the internet. Perfect from a security perspective as well, we do not need to pay attention to firewall rules or data protection.

What do you dislike?

This is pretty specific for Construction business but it would be useful to have some workflow implemented: this is sometime required in order to have approvals or for requesting information on specific documents to an external party.

Basically what I mentioned above: data availability and security.

Philip R.

"Drive solution that will understand most business needs"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is a drive that help you organize yourself while keeping your files secure. It has helped me a lot as a project manager as I find it easy to share files with clients etc. We can choose to share one specific file or invite them to use the platform and view project folders etc. There are plenty of options in the way I can use the application. I can use it as a drive on my PC, in the browser and use desktop sync. All options are working really well and they're good for different needs. The sync version gives me the option to work offline and it will sync automatically afterwards.

What do you dislike?

I need to teach myself a lot of stuff as there are plenty of options in the application. It's easy to find the solutions via Egnyte University though. I have had to manually update my Egnyte drive application but it seems like it will be automatized soon if not already. There is also a max upload size - but it can be solved with workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's a program all companies can consider using, however, you need somebody in your organisation that can set a folder structure from the beginning and in general be good at understanding the application, a super user.

We have managed to find a platform where we can store our files and share them internally and with clients. We have found that we can collaborate with each other in a much more structured way. I feel like I'm more productive and I think the same fit for the rest of the organisation.

Adolfo T.

"It is necessary service for business"

What do you like best?

I can say that I like in Egnyte many features: secure access, sharing and collaboration with colleagues or partners with any device. This makes my working day much easier and more productive. The ability to speed delivery of my content is so nice. And I like that it is completely automatic.

What do you dislike?

Often my files take a very long time to load, or the site will crash when something is loaded. I do not like that the maximum lifetime of the link is 2 weeks. I think it should be at least a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Exchange of information between employees and offices almost immediately. Back up data and share files. Sharing files inside and out, allowing clients to download and upload files.

If you are looking for a place to centralize your companies, work in it. You can also store personal files that are not intended for a public company that makes it multi-purpose.

Roselee H.

"Great File Storage"

What do you like best?

Most of all, I like the security of service. Very easy and secure file sharing. If you are far from the office, you can easily log into your personal account and cooperate with your colleagues or partners. You can easily exchange tasks or documents from any device convenient for you. It's also quite easy to share large files. The recipient does not even need to sign any passwords, just send them a link and they will easily looking through everything. After the last updates, the service began to work even faster. I love order, and with the help of Egnyte it's easy to organize and catalog everything.

What do you dislike?

It's very bad that the links, that I share with clients stop working after a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are engaged in photography, or video editing and you need to exchange large files, you should try Egnyte.

Many exchanges files between employees or other offices. We store important information on Egnyte servers. With the help of Egnyte, we finally organized our files.

Jose Manuel V.

"He's close to being the perfect cloud."

What do you like best?

What we like most is being able to access synchronized data on a server like Egnyte Turbo in our office or outter office, the ability to access our data from our smartphone or the ability to search into the trash for deleted items.

What do you dislike?

One of the things we don't like is that at the moment we don't have the possibility of working with Egnyte in our language; Spanish.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test it :)

We have several offices and being able to work from all of them on the same resources has made us much more agile. Before we could not work from home on our data and now is really comfortable and easy to do thanks to the Egnyte cloud.

John P.

"Egnyte transformed how we sync multiple offices, share files, and collaborate with documents."

What do you like best?

As an IT Support Manager my favorite feature is the seamless Bi-Directional syncing from 4 locations with no syncing issues.

What do you dislike?

There were issues in the early days trying to use Mac or Windows servers with the desktop sync software so I highly recommend using their Storage Sync product with ReadyNAS, Hyper-V or VMWare setups. Once I had that all in place it was a dream syncing to have a hybris cloud system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to sync, worry free and fast between cloud and office(s) with many integrations with most other SSAS platforms then Egnyte is for you.

Bi-Directional Syncing from multiple locations, Dropbox like sharing features, Office collaboration on line and slack sharing.

"Good Until You Need All Your Data"

What do you like best?

It has a very sweet way to share and track sharing. So with a few clicks, you can share any file you desire quickly.

What do you dislike?

Nickel and dime! Nickel and dime! Nickel and dime! Nickel and dime! So I loved features like sharing, but then there is a bandwidth limit. So you have to pay more. This is old school way of running a business.

I do not like their sales team. Stay away from Dan Landry, very cocky and will not listen. We needed a local copy of our files. All their system tools would not allow me to download my files in full! You read that right, they had my files and nothing I would do would allow me to download a copy. So they finally put me on this tool, then charged me $120 a month extra (yes, get use to nickel and dime), that I did not agree upon and argued with them. They would not refund, so had to force chargeback. Again, read closely, they have your files and when you try to copy them all down and it's over 500GB, you will not get them unless you pay for an advanced tool. And no matter how much I pleaded about it, their cocky sales guy thought it was funny.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a copy of your files, you will pay extra. Support is awesome, but their sales team is cocky and they think it's a joke you cannot access your files. They absolutely will nickel and dime you, so get ready!

It is like Google, not much more. It allows you to store and share files. One benefit they have, BUT WARNING IT FAILS TO WORK WELL is their FTP. If you are dealing with more than 500GB it wont work. In fact, its slow. We have a 1GB connection and it was slow, always.

Michael B.

"We love it! "

What do you like best?

The entire product is easy to use and intuitive. The specific feature we like the best is the ability to share specific folders via "send" and "receive" links.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were possible to drag'n'drop files from one folder to another. The current method - mark the checkbox next to file, press the Move button, select the destination folder - isn't bad and probably prevents mistakes, but drag'n'drop would still be nice.

We manage many servers that we need to send files to and from. We enjoy having a single list of folders that we can access internally while also being able to share a single, specific folder with a remote server.

Learn more about Egnyte

Egnyte Videos

Learning about Egnyte?

* We monitor all Egnyte reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Egnyte

Get a 15-Day Free Trial Now!