Trello Reviews & Product Details

Trello Overview

What is Trello?

Spreadsheets, emails, and never-ending notifications are major teamwork blockers that affect today’s business teams—no matter their size. Project assignments, tasks, and daily to-do’s get lost, transparency gets trumped, and people lose productivity in the shuffle. Not only do teams need to manage this constant overflow, but they also need to build projects, track progress, and achieve major business goals. What’s needed is a clear view of the entire process to keep everyone on the same page. Introducing Trello: A visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective for your team on any project in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way. * Trello is for Everyone * From sales and marketing to HR and operations, teams can design and customize Trello to fit their unique needs and work styles. And with over 100+ integrations with other key tools like Google Drive, Slack, Jira and more, Trello is a living, breathing project hub of cross-team collaboration no matter where your work needs to happen. * Intuitively Simple * Go from idea to action in seconds: Trello’s core features are as relatable is organizing sticky notes on a wall. There’s no cumbersome onboarding process to get started, so getting group participation is easy. Log in, join a team and see progress across all the team’s projects right away. * Take the Work Out of Work * Trello brings joy to teamwork by making it transparent and easily shareable across boards and teams. Users are empowered to make Trello their own (and have fun while doing it!) with features like board backgrounds, emoji reactions, and stickers.

Trello Details
Discussions
Trello Community
Czech, German, English, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)

Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into cards and boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on it, and where something is in process.

Atlassian
$1,210
@Atlassian
6,044 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Atlassian is a provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 50,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), their advancing the power of collaboration with products including JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, and Bitbucket.

Trello Screenshots

Emergency Medical Technician
Open Discussions in Trello
Software developers
CEO
What do you like best?

I like best that we can collaborate on a single item, multiple and also work on our personal goals using our own or individual boards. And that any changes are done and can be seen real time by all members of a certain board or boards. I like also that the boards are fully customizable, but somehow irritating at times especially if there are girls in the same group who loves changing colors, etc every now and then hahhahah.

It works also as my personal to do list, so I don't use any other separate tool for that. I also like so much that we can comment and express our thoughts, attach files needed and not so limited to the type of file or docs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the only complaint I have is the fact that there is no limit or maybe certain user function only feature. I just hope that trello can have such feature later on where only certain members of the group can change colors, etc so not everyday that our boards become so colorful and changes every now and then, coz sometimes it is irritating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to collaborate but need to plan, track and execute together, Trello is the one you are looking for. And even for personal use of your to do list, it is a great tool and you are gonna love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trello is a great tool about planning, execution and progress tracking while collaborating with people. It is also a great tool for personal effects, like your own things and stuff to do. In fact, it serves like an all in one, though not literally all, but many tools in one kind of product. Communication can be done on the board, sending of files and docs can be done on the board, expressing thoughts and ideas can be done on the board and a lot more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing
What do you like best?

I like how you can set deadlines and break down tasks to each team. I can separate teams into columns and add different types of files

With Trello it is much easier to organize team tasks.

I separate them into columns, share them with the members and I can follow the progress of the tasks.

Whenever any task is updated, the notification arrives by email or by application on the cell phone, this way I can do other tasks and keep myself updated.

Another feature that I use a lot is the option to upload files, so any member of the team can access them, quickly.

I like to integrate trello with google calendar, so i can view all my calendars and cards with delivery dates in one place.

With Google Drive, where we can transfer files, store them safely in the cloud and streamline team tasks. It is possible to personalize all screens, placing images, changing colors, adding new members or even making access public

Integrating Trello with Zapier makes tasks much easier, for example, whenever a member completes a task, it is possible to automatically change a spreadsheet in Google Sheets and send a personalized email to team members Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

in the free version there are few automation and integration options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can work with people around the world, without jeopardizing the result of the tasks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DBA of SQL
What do you like best?

Trello is a method that helps you to handle tasks by shifting the card on which the task is written according to progress. For personal usage, to arrange everyday life activities. When used for each project team in a business, it can be used to manage activities for the whole team. The fact that you can use nearly all of the Trello features for free is an asset most apps don't have. Change the backdrop of the board with your favorite picture so that task management is enjoyable. Nearly all features are available free of charge. You will configure it with Trello's special Chrome edition. It has a clear layout and even people who are new to the IT tools will use it straight away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel a little disappointed because there is no review function. The analysis function is an appropriate function that automatically measures and graphs progress information for projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those who are concerned about whether it is free or paid, why not begin with it for free? Since it is free in terms of accessibility, I don't think it's a downside, so I suggest considering it after using it. As a guide, our Protostar business uses Trello in the free edition. For the most part, businesses that can turn to pay plans would be large companies with a lot of workers. For starters, in terms of confidentiality, if you wish to suspend access privileges for members who have quit or left the organization, you must make a payment system. In short, the payment plan: Increases co-operation with the major external providers, increasing the size of files that can be submitted, and improves stability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trello's best attribute is easy to see. There are no needless buttons on the board and it has a basic structure. You can change the backdrop to your favorite picture for free, so you can enjoy the pleasure of designing your own map.

The explanation for this ease of viewing is that you can review the job according to the status condition, as in progress or completed as though it were a post-it. You can change the names of the lists when in progress and complete the cards as you like, so you can manage them even though the project is a complicated operation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder and Head Coach
What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to create cards and make lists of important projects or tasks. When using on a desktop computer, just click and begin typing. There's no manual saving or risk off losing your work. You can then go in and create reminders, due dates, and add files. This is especially useful for someone who is forgetful and has a bunch of things going on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would like to see improved is being able to zoom out so you can see the "big picture". sometimes I create a lot of cards and I'll have to scroll in order to see the whole thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You'll have to give it a shot if you're a "Visual Organizer". Once you make your first board, I'm sure you'll be hooked. When you add in the reminders and due date to keep you on track in your busy life, this becomes a no-brainer. I recommend bookmarking the site and use it as a daily checklist. If you're a course creator, this is a great way to create a skeleton for your overall course and add things in easily to create a comprehensive course. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Trello, I can organize my thoughts and ideas in a methodical way. Creating a course or challenge also becomes easier because I can use tiles as subjects with descriptions/ideas underneath rather than using a google doc or spreadsheet. A spreadsheet can serve this purpose, but with Trello, you can easily drag-and-drop things into place so you're not having to constantly delete/cut/paste things around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Teaching Assistant - CS 1110
What do you like best?

My favorite feature is how easy it is to assign tasks to people within your Trello boards. It is a really simple integration to have accountability within your organization. I also really like how you can set deadlines and break down tasks into multiple sub-tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free version has a limited number of boards per organization. This is worth upgrading for, but the software is quite expensive to get this feature. It also limits you from being able to assign sub-tasks to individuals. The interface is also not super-intuitive for closing finished projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest starting out with the free version of Trello and see if it meets your needs before upgrading. There are a lot of great features in the free package of this software. I would also recommend trying out all the different features of assigning and breaking down tasks, there is so much good stuff to tweak and toy around with! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Trello regularly to summarize our meetings into action points. Usually one person will be taking notes and one person will combine our notes into Trello tasks. This is a really easy way to streamline communication after the meeting to know what we need to do next and who is responsible for doing it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the ease in which you can manage the tasks of your project, you can also integrate a group of users to assign specific tasks by adding due dates to each task in order to streamline your projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way you have to add the details to the created cards, you must first create the cards on your artboard or project, then select the card and add the details of the selected task from the card. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very good to use a tool to manage tasks within your project and for me trello has helped me a lot Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think that the creation of the cards within the work table could be improved by creating the card and adding the details in the same process and avoiding 2 processes in which it makes you wait for you to create the card to add the task details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Of Operations
What do you like best?

Out of all the work-related applications that we've tried, Trello is one that has really stuck. We're huge Trello users and I love its easy to use interface. The best thing about Trello is how it's structured - mainly incorporating boards and cards as the foundation of its system. The raw simplicity of creating cards and dragging them across boards to indicate progress is a brilliant way to organize work. On top of this, Trello comes with a giant array of add-ons and extra features (paid and free) that are designed to help users with various tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It might be better if there was more clarity around which add-ons/extensions (known as power-ups) are totally free to use and which only come with a free trial. Downtime also seems to be a common issue but Trello has come back on so far even after a downtime that I recall seemed quite lengthy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trello has helped us to organize our workflow, communicate with employees and monitor our work progress with ease and efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Country Treasurer
What do you like best?

Trello provides ne clear reporting about the real time processes, at a glance on the Trello’s board I can tell which of the team member us handling meetings, sending newsletters, and managing the websites. For the better working efficiency it equips allows me to add comments, to send attachments and to post the cards as well and this leads to clear and transparent project completion. Trello provides me notifications about the due dates of the projects so that I can ensure the project completion in time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you ask about the dislikes I would say there is no major difficulties on this platform. But sometimes I feel it lacks some notification features that keeps the things away from me. Moreover it is reliable tool that keeps everything well managed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is well organized platform which gives a great grip on all aspects of a tasks. You can make business plans through its various templates, you can create plans for your school projects too. This tool is diverse. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trello also helps me to get rid of excessive work load through its automation with Butler, thus in short span of time I can get better results. I always maintain a to-do list so that I can maintain the pace of work and through mutual collaboration we are uplifting our project department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Trello makes it simple for me to organize my thoughts in various ways. I can sort these lists by their status (to-do, in process, done, etc) or I can sort them by the project name. I can then re-sort them based on their due dates. In short, if you have ever tried doing a kanban style planning approach with your projects, then Trello will really be a great experience. Plus, you can add pictures, lists, and calendar events into your card, making it look really awesome. Another advantage is that I can have an app on my iMac & iPhone, making it easier for me to see what is going on across devices, and on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's just one thing. If I have a to-do list in my card, I would like to see the next item(s) right on my main board, instead of having to drill down into the card. This way, I could see maybe the next 2 things (lovely if this could also be customized) that I have to do for each card on my project, along with their due date. This would really give me a bird's eye view of what's up next across the board, so to speak. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love how I can visualize the various projects across my various life areas and easily see where I'm going with my plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finance Director
What do you like best?

I like that I can make lists for my staff in my department, and it keeps our to-do lists organized and easily accessible, readable and useful. I can check on their lists and add things to them if I need. I also like the app I have downloaded on my phone when I'm not at my computer. We've been using it as an organization for 4 years now. We love it! Very easy to use for people who aren't well versed in using computers. Also kept us from having our tasks on sticky notes all around the office so it literally kept us from making a mess, haha! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike, just a few things. The simple version of it, which is all I need, is free. I appreciate that. It would be nice if there were more features on the free version. I also wish that the archived cards wouldn't get deleted quickly. I wish there was a way to keep old archived cards from disappearing. A couple times I have gone to find an archived card and it got deleted somehow, which was a bit of a bummer. If that could be fixed, I feel like this would be absolutely perfect for our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool to serve you in your administration and organization. It's helped a lot of our volunteers organize their tasks and priorities. It helps me check on where they're at easilynwith their tasks, priorities and where we're at as a team and what we have accomplished and still need to accomplish. I'm really glad we use Trello. I even use it for my personal To-Do lists. It's really satisfying to check off my tasks when they're accomplished. Grate for Trello and the phone app they created! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems we have been able to solve with Trello is keeping our department organized in our plans and tasks and it helps me in keeping up on managing tasks of my staff and department. It helps me see what still needs to happen and what has already been accomplished. I do daily check ins on Trello to see what my volunteers and staff have a ccomplished, and based on what's been done or not, I plan accordingly. It has kept my volunteers and staff on track and we're all on th same page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Director
What do you like best?

is a virtual plattform that allows you to hang up ideas or better say allows you to coordinate outstanding assignments, meetings and more, trello is a product so flexible it serves to be used in any kind of asset you can need to organize in any department in which it applies, the best of all you have a web interface and also can use on Android operating systems, making it possible for you to organize any job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Trello on most of the occasions that it is used simply is used for the organization of tasks and in our organization it has served us to develop a lot because it is essentially a project management program which is of very high quality for our organization, so in the use of the tool we have not found any fault in this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Being a product that is very polyvalent helps clearly all the organizations, that decide to use it, so in our company we introduced it and helped us a lot, and we are very pleased with the results obtained, so we can clearly recommend this product to all those potential customers that want to use it. As it will benefit him greatly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our organisation, planning or handling our projects was more difficult, but we have managed to develop our project management more efficiently in the use of this software, and we can also arrange the activities that must be done in the project management process, meetings, we can also store several items, this product helped us improve a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.