Lightspeed Retail

Lightspeed Retail

Make sales and manage your store, with integrated inventory management, customer management, on-demand reporting, and eCommerce.

Work for Lightspeed Retail?

Learning about Lightspeed Retail?

Lightspeed Retail Reviews

Ask Lightspeed Retail a Question
Showing 129 Lightspeed Retail reviews
Joel H.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Lightspeed Retail
Charles G.

""Brilliant involvement with lightspeed ""

What do you like best?

I adore Lightspeed! On the off chance that you maintain a business, putting resources into this administration is particularly exhorted. The client administration resembles none I have encountered; from the onboarding procedure through those wow minutes when you need assistance immediately through their client administration registration, each time sparkles. They line up to every request with an email reporting your discussion (this implies you don't need to recall it everything, you can go take a gander at the email once more!), they are in every case benevolent and wouldn't fret assuming control over the PC to help remotely. They make stock administration simple, which makes it past simple to make a site, and makes dealing with numerous areas a breeze, notwithstanding moving stock between them. The business interface was simple for even my most up to date representatives to learn. When they had an inquiry, there was a current instructional exercise I could direct them toward. All things considered, I have been excited with my experience.

What do you dislike?

There are a few bugs with the versatile applications. So far as far as I can tell this is lightpseeds weakest resource and it would be mystical in the event that they could get to fixing a portion of these issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They line up to every request with an email reporting your discussion (this implies you don't need to recall it everything, you can go take a gander at the email once more!), they are in every case agreeable and wouldn't fret assuming control over the PC to help remotely. They make stock administration simple, which makes it past simple to make a site, and makes dealing with different areas a breeze, notwithstanding moving stock between them. The business interface was simple for even my most current workers to learn. When they had an inquiry, there was a current instructional exercise I could direct them toward. All things considered, I have been excited with my experience.

As a first time cashier and having not ever utilized another POS before it is difficult for me to state what issues lightspeed encourages me unravel that different frameworks might not have. All things considered, it is extraordinarily simple to oversee stock over different areas and record for stock VERY rapidly with this framework. It is so easy to use and clean that I dont end up getting tangled up dawdling within the framework which enables me to put additional time into different endeavors.

What Retail POS solution do you use?

Steven H.

"Lightspeed is an understatement "

What do you like best?

I’ve used many point of sale systems in the past but almost none have managed to make both sales and inventory easy to use and integrate them so well. Beyond that it makes tracking numbers very easy; I can see what items are selling well and which aren’t and even check my day to day to see if I’m improving. All that and any questions I have had has been answered super quickly by their outstanding customer service. I would recommend Lightspeed to anyone looking to bring their business into the here and now.

What do you dislike?

Ours is cloud based so if we lose internet it becomes a problem but with internet everywhere now its a non issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Amazing product that just works simple as that.

Tracking growth and end of the day reports are way easier now. Have solid factual numbers to rely means I have the best information to make decisions.

Justin S.

"Best business decision we've ever made"

What do you like best?

Setup and use is super easy. Customer service is great and always there. Being able to sync it to our website and marketplaces like eBay and Reverb have given us an online business we didn't think we could ever have.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't really anything that jumps out to me. Everything is so simple and easy to use, that it helps all of my employees do their jobs better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We also use Sync2Sell to integrate our Lightspeed inventory to eBay and Reverb.com and its been a gamechanger for us!

integrated with thirdshelf loyalty and mailchimp as well.

Our inventory is controlled better, the purchase order module is great. Layaways, special orders, and work tickets are all tracked better than our old system so customers have a better experience. Integrating with our Lightspeed eCom website and other marketplaces have allowed us to really grow our online business.

Abigail C.

"I love Lightspeed!"

What do you like best?

I love Lightspeed! If you run a business, investing in this service is very much advised. The customer service is like none I have experienced; from the onboarding process through those oh-my-goodness moments when you need help right away through their customer service check-ins, every time shines. They follow up to each inquiry with an email documenting your conversation (this means you don’t have to remember it all, you can go look at the email again!), they are always friendly and don’t mind taking over the computer to help remotely. They make inventory management easy, which makes it beyond easy to create a website, and makes managing multiple locations a breeze, even moving inventory between them. The sales interface was easy for even my newest employees to learn. When they had a question, there was an existing tutorial I could point them to. All in all, I have been thrilled with my experience.

What do you dislike?

When consolidating my business from 2 locations to 1, it did require some manual work for me to combine all of the inventories, but it got done. It would be great if there were a way to do a large inventory move.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I had some major inventory management problems. This cleared them up and tracks them through each location, along with online. I now know what is where.

Mark W.

"Wonderful experience with lightspeed "

What do you like best?

We have been using Lightspeed POS systems since 2008. As we made our transition from Onsite to the Cloud based server in the Summer of 2018, Lightspeed has gone the extra mile to make sure that their product worked with our relatively unique business. Although not without its stumbles along the way, Janina Hojczyk and Nathan Chin have gone out of their way to make sure that we are well prepared for whatever may come our way. Both Janina and Nathan's follow-through, attention to detail, and never ending patience has been exemplary. I would give 8.5 stars if the option was available to me.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features that were mentioned in initial conversations ended up being not exactly as described (and thus not suitable for our business) or had extra costs to implement. Luckily, working with Janina and Nathan has helped us find ways to make everything work for us.

The seamless coordination between the Retail POS and the website services have been most helpful. We also like how data is displayed.

Amber H.

"We use Lightspeed for our future."

What do you like best?

Easy import

Dynamic pricing rules

Use of Categories

Integration with Mail Chimp

Secure cloud based storage

Fantastic customer support

What do you dislike?

We are new to the system, so I really haven't found anything that I dislike yet. I wish some of the basic reports had more customization, but overall, this point of sale system is one of the best we've seen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not just for Lightspeed, but for any system you are considering: make sure you know exactly what you want and exactly how you do business. Their customer support has been amazing with the questions that we have had about how to change processes to fit their system. I encourage you to ask questions, play with it, try to break it, so that you can understand it better.

We have used the same point of sale system for 20 years. Over the last five years, we've demoed over 15 systems and looked at changing our p.o.s. Lightspeed was the first system we demoed that checked all of our boxes. It's an excellent fit for our business in terms of maintaining the standards we've had in place and upgrading our efficiency.

Damon G.

"CUSTOMER SERVICE"

What do you like best?

I like best that everytime I call lightspeed to answer a question or solve a problem that i never wait long durations of time and my problems get solved quickly, expertly and im left feeling educated to know how to trouble shoot further in the future. Not one time that I have been a lightspeed customer have i been made to feel worthless or unimportant to the rep i was speaking with. This type of PARTNERSHIP from lightspeed will keep me coming in the years to come and if i were to have more locations or other business ventures in the future, they would be the ones getting my business for a POS system.

What do you dislike?

There are some bugs with the mobile applications. So far in my experience this is lightpseeds weakest asset and it would be magical if they could get to fixing some of these issue. The good news is none of the problems ive had with the app are detrimental and they have all been resolved either by me or easy walk through from the reps... but it is annoying and for as good as lightpseed is having these glitchy bug problems on the mobile app is kinda unacceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a smart phone you can understand how to use lightspeed in just a few hours of having it. Im not sure what is more important than ease of use when all the other requirements have been met. This product is stellar and I plan on putting it into more of my businesses as they are acquired.

As a first time business owner and having not ever used another POS before it is hard for me to say what problems lightspeed helps me solve that other systems may not have. With that being said, it is incredibly easy to manage inventory across multiple locations and account for inventory VERY quickly with this system. It is so user friendly and clean that i dont find myself getting tangled up wasting time inside of the system which allows me to invest more time into other ventures... thats worth gold .

Kelsey G.

"Great product for our one location, small business"

What do you like best?

I like that creating an inventory from scratch was easy to configure with the way that they have set up the item matrices. There are so many ways to personalize and organize our inventory, and to then make changes to the inventory without much hassle. Our store has thousands of items, with numerous suppliers and brands, so the ability to import from some of our suppliers is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is a limit to the number of employee logins I can have for the amount of money that we pay to have Lightspeed services. We are a small business, however it would be nice to have at least a few more employee logins for the price that we are paying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Request a demo, and ask lots of questions. Lightspeed is great for our business, but every business is different and has different requirements from their POS software.

We have a much easier time controlling inventory levels and keeping track of items now that we have Lightspeed. Creating and organizing purchase orders is also much easier with the system.

Glen M.

"Overall Very Usfull POS Tool"

What do you like best?

There has been a lot of good improvements of the last several years. So if you wrote this one off in the past now's the time to look at it again. One of the big upgrades is product/inventory import. In the past it was mostly done by emailing list to support and having them import, but now this can be done by anyone with a great spreadsheet import options. If your in an industry where new sizes and colors out every year this ins very important feature.

What do you dislike?

Really not a lot to dislike here, a couple of smaller issues like: It would be nice if dates would display in my preferred format. Currently system wide all dates are input using the YYYY-MM-DD format which is not how we read or write dates in USA. This could easy be fixed by allowing the merchant to select his preferred date format.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Light Speed has made our business management a lot easier!

Tracking customer information, and managing inventory is clearly the biggest benefit of any POS. Light Speed is great for both of these here at Martins Bike Shop.

Trang T.

"Great POS System"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is and how it virtually does everything we need. We’re more of a unique business where we do not stock product and with this POS system, I’m able to put in a special order, reminded to order with the supplier and even get notified to call the client/member once the product arrives in the warehouse.

I shopped around for POS systems prior to choosing Lightspeed and none other matched up to how easy it was to use and not to mention the affordable price point!

The support is there all the time. They actually follow up with you to make sure things are running smoothly and to book learning sessions.

What do you dislike?

I can’t say there’s anything I dislike about Lightspeed.

We’re able to track all of our purchases and pull records. It’s much better than trying to track these types of sales manually.

Taylor H.

"Leaps and Bounds ahead of the game for the Bike Shop Industry"

What do you like best?

This POS is one of the best upgrades we have made within the business in years. I was talking with some other retailers who were thinking about going to a new POS system and honestly, I couldn't believe they had not made the move yet. We did this 4 years ago and I thought we were behind! Anyways, a fantastic system that has brought a great deal of organization to our shop and business, making our customers that much happier. We are hoping to use one of their integrations to get Bike rentals, we just are not there yet. Soon though!

What do you dislike?

The few small issues are the integrations with QB for PC and then the inventory problem. When you sell a product that you may no have inventory of, (say for a bike that is waiting to come in) then the inventroy doesnt go to a -1. It just gets added, and then sold. So when the bike does come in, it adds another to inventory, and makes it a hassle to have to go back and adjust.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fix the inventory problem !

We now use digital workorders, rentals, can schedule people, have time clock. Inventory is way easier at the end of the year because now we can actually use a wireless scanner and just walk around and scan our product which is then relayed to our iPad

David L.

"Extremely Versatile System"

What do you like best?

Their service team is fantastic. We can call or chat with them for just about anything and they're ready to assist. I can honestly say I don't know how to setup my label printer on my computers because whenever I install a new one, I just contact LS Support, they remote in using TeamViewer, and do it for me.

For more day-to-day workflow questions (like how to adjust a transaction I goofed up), LS Support will remote in and walk me through the process, step by step, to insure I know how to handle it in the future.

What do you dislike?

The iOS UI of the Register is suboptimal. They work around this by providing a "Retail Manager" mode that is, essentially, a web view for iOS. This works very well, and is an effective mode - we use it exclusively when doing transactions. However, the elegance available to a Native iOS app is lost in that mode.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Leverage the trial period to explore the workflows available. Leverage their support folks to ask questions and solve problems during the trial - they're absolutely amazing before and after the sale.

Talk to other LS retailers in your industry to get a sense of workflows that have succeeded for them.

With many thousands of SKUs in our shoppe, Lightspeed Retail has been a fantastic tool for getting our inventory under control.

Restocking items with the purchase order workflow is fantastic. It makes it easy to generate a PO, send it to a distributor and, ultimately, receive that product into inventory and get it sold. It has saved our staff countless hours in comparison to our previous system.

It has a strong customer information system, allowing us to keep important information about customers at the ready. We use this to record notes that will appear on the register when a customer transaction is taking place. These can be reminders to share with the customer, follow-up information about questions they asked the last time they were in, etc. This has really helped us improve our responsiveness with customers.

We have only been using Lightspeed for a little over a year, but have seen strong gains in performance and accuracy with our inventory and checkout process. Additionally, as we meet veteran users in our industry, we are constantly finding new workflows and other tips and tricks to help elevate our customer service experience with Lightspeed. The versatility of the tool is its greatest strength.

Kayla M.

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

Love how easy this is to use. Simple to train employees on. Most of my product is already integrated into the system.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the suppliers are hooked up to the online ordering which would make things a lot faster to upload. Has a few glitches sometimes. Would love to have a second screen that customers can view as they check out to show an itemized list of what they are buying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great to use for bike shop. Cayan by Genius is such a great addition to use for a credit card processing machine.

Trying to keep track of all items sold to customers and what repairs have been done to their bikes. It is simple to view these when customer brings bike back in. It helps me to see how many of what bikes I sell per year and forecast better what products to buy the next year.

Michael G.

"Best POS system available."

What do you like best?

It is extremely flexible, accessible, user friendly, and mistake proof. Implementing the system was easy and the training they provided was excellent. Our staff had no trouble learning the new system and it has increased our productivity by a lot.

What do you dislike?

We did so much homework before buying Lightspeed that there is very little to dislike. There are a few minor bugs that they are working on, but I know eventually they will be part of an update down the road.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it. It's the best POS system you can buy.

Productivity on the front end and back end processes has increased substantially. There are way fewer mistakes being made by personnel because the system is so user friendly. Also the custom reports in Lightspeed Analytics are a game changer. We are able to see data exactly how we need to for our business.

Richard E.

"Great value for money, backed by excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

We have been using Lightspeed eCom for just over a month now. Aside from an initial issue with the configuration of our account, we have been extremely pleased with both the robustness of the platform and the customer service.

We migrated from BigCommerce where the customer support was non-existent, the technology consistently full of bugs and where they focus more of their time on their marketing puffery, than actually providing a product that delivers for customers.

Some of the pro's with Lightspeed include:

- Feature rich platform that does not require handfuls of apps to get basic functionality (like Shopify does).

- Blisteringly fast page load times that puts our site in the top 30% of sites for load times.

- Extensive selection of quality themes with functionality like customer accounts, and support tickets, quotes and marketing.

- Highly customizable with a back office that is well organized to locate and work with areas you need.

- Customer service, customer service, customer service! With Shopify the wait times are extended unless you are a Shopify Plus customer. With BigCommerce, you're lucky if they can resolve an issue on the first contact and oftentimes you will wait weeks for a reply, but with Lightspeed, every single interaction I have had with their support team for technical concerns has been resolved on the first call and some of these issues have been complex.

What do you dislike?

Keep in mind that if you are looking to use Lightspeed ecom and POS, DO NOT build out your ecom store until a new account has been provisioned as they need to link ecom and POS via a new account, not your trial. This was a mistake that we made!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure if you are using ecom with POS that you wait to speak with a sales rep to provide you with a new account. We did not and kinda screwed ourselves in the process as POS cannot be connected to a standalone ecom store at this time.

Our biggest concern was latency with page loads with competitor platforms. Lightspeed knocks it out of the park with superfast page load time. Also, the number of apps that we need to install in negligible. We used to use BigCommerce and Shopify where we had to install a ton of apps to make things work.

The back office of Lightspeed is extremely functional, we have cut our administration time in half.

Sean J.

"After Two Years - Saving More & More Time"

What do you like best?

Their customer and technical support have been extraordinary and have exceeded our expectations. They are fast, efficient and are highly knowledgeable. Instead of trail and error; the team often utilizes Team Viewer and fixes issues super fast. Great customer service model!

What do you dislike?

We sell items by bulk and weight. Integrating that function would be a nice to have. But, the LS team was eager to help us with a creative solution; and it works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask them a lot of questions; you will be surprised by capabilities were may have not know you wanted or needed.

We spend hours, and hours developing PO's and doing inventory. LS has eliminated 20-30 hours of work per week.

Luc T.

"Great simple POS!"

What do you like best?

The software, while being feature rich, is very easy to use, and very intuitive. Will never go back to a PC based POS, cloud is the way to go. Runs very well on an iPad, which allows even more mobility and changes the whole in-store experience. Managers at head office can view sales real time from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Interface to push transactions from another system is incomplete, but it may not be relevant to most retailers. LIke most POS, deposits cannot be managed line by line, just for the whole transaction, which makes it difficult to cancel or refund individual items.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at other cloud-based POS, and compare prices and features. Lightspeed has the best quality for the price.

Perpetual inventory of factory store, auditing of sales.

Joseph E.

""Lightspeed Retail Review""

What do you like best?

Setup and use is too simple. The business interface is simple and simple,makes stock administration simple, which makes it past simple to make a site and makes dealing with different areas a breeze, notwithstanding moving stock between them. We're to a greater extent an extraordinary business where we don't stock item and with this POS framework, I'm ready to put in an exceptional request, reminded to arrange with the provider and even get advised to call the customer/part once the item touches base in the distribution center. The help is there constantly. They really catch up with you to ensure things are running easily and to book learning sessions.

What do you dislike?

I can't state there's anything I despise about Lightspeed as the framework appear to be normally refreshed with more highlights.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Light Speed has made our business the administration a lot easier, they spare us tons of time!

The adaptability of the instrument is its most prominent quality. We're ready to consequently follow the majority of our buys and draw records. Stock is way simpler and leveled out using Lightspeed along these lines expanding significantly our front end and back end efficiency. This awesome instrument spares us time and assets.

Stacie S.

"Fairly easy to use, but has some glitches."

What do you like best?

There are so many different ways to search for information, that if you know how to search for what you're looking for, it's easy to jump right to it without having to filter through a ton of unnecessary information. I also like how quotes, orders, and invoices are linked and show who created them. It makes it easy to know what employee to track down if we have a question on the paperwork. I like how accessible information about Lightspeed is online. If I have a question about how to do something in Lightspeed, such as create a certain type of report, I can usually find the information extremely quickly just by googling it.

What do you dislike?

It seems like every time there is an update, something that previously worked no longer does. For example, after about every other update, it takes manually entered credit card payments just fine. The other every other time, it will crash the program every time you manually enter a card payment, so you have to force quit and reopen it. Batch printing statements also only works sporadically. Sometimes, even if we tell it to batch print, we have to manually hit the print button for each of our close to 60 statements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn the tools in the tabs like how to create reports or export information. They save a lot of time!

(The only reason why I'm putting pricing as "n/a" is because I'm not the one who buys it, so I'm not sure what the pricing is or how it compares with other programs.)

The Accounts Receivable window is easy to view and organize, which helps us keep track of outstanding invoices and know who needs contacted so we can collect. Because we use it on the computers at the counter, as well as in the office, it makes it a nice, centralized program that everyone with access to the computers knows how to use.

Cynthia F.

""Incredibly Versatile System""

What do you like best?

Lightspeed is a useful framework for retail organizations. It is advantageous and simple to utilize programming. The majority of the modules/menus are anything but difficult to pursue and does not require escalated preparing for the new users.The support is there constantly. They really catch up with you to ensure things are running easily and to book learning sessions. One generally excellent profit by Lightspeed is that it enables us to see our genuine stock in stores.

What do you dislike?

Everything is great. So far we don't experience any serious issues utilizing this framework. It really fulfills our requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Light Speed has made our business the management much simpler!

We're utilizing Lightspeed Retail significantly for our stock administration issues. It is inconceivably simple to oversee stock over various areas and record for stock in all respects rapidly with Lightspeed Retail. It is so easy to understand and clean that we don't wind up getting tangled up sitting around idly within the framework in this way enabling us to put additional time into different endeavors.

Douglas S.

""Awesome involvement with lightspeed ""

What do you like best?

"Magnificent involvement with It is incredibly adaptable, available, easy to use, and mix-up verification. Executing the framework was simple and the preparation they gave was phenomenal. Our staff experienced no difficulty learning the new framework and it has expanded our efficiency by a ton.

What do you dislike?

We did as such much homework before purchasing Lightspeed that there is almost no to despise. There are a couple of minor bugs that they are taking a shot at, yet I know in the long run they will be a piece of an update not far off.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Request bundles from request. Impact the ideal opportunity for testing to research the work forms open. Impact their assistance and make request and deal with issues in the midst of the fundamental they're absolutely dazzling when the arrangement. Talk with various LS retailers in your industry to get a sentiment of work forms that have winning for them. Do what should be finished. It's the best POS system you can buy.

Profitability toward the front and back end forms has expanded considerably. There are way less mix-ups being made by work force in light of the fact that the framework is so easy to understand. Likewise the custom reports in Lightspeed Analytics are a distinct advantage. We can see information precisely how we have to for our business.

Melissa S.

"Useful POS tool"

What do you like best?

I like that making a stock without any preparation was anything but difficult to design with the manner in which that they have set up the thing grids. There are such huge numbers of approaches to customize and sort out our stock, and to then make changes to the stock absent much problem. Our store has a great many things, with various providers and brands, so the capacity to import from a portion of our providers is likewise useful. The help is there constantly. They really catch up with you to ensure things are running easily and to book learning sessions. I'm ready to put in a unique request, reminded to arrange with the provider and even get told to call the customer/part once the item touches base in the distribution center.

What do you dislike?

Not the majority of the providers are snared to the web based requesting which would make things significantly quicker to transfer. Has a couple of glitches some of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Solicitation a demo, and solicit parcels from inquiries. Influence the time for testing to investigate the work processes accessible. Influence their help and make inquiries and take care of issues amid the preliminary they're totally stunning when the deal. Converse with different LS retailers in your industry to get a feeling of work processes that have prevailing for them. Do what needs to be done. It's the best POS framework you can purchase.

Endeavoring to monitor all things sold to clients. Capacity to see information precisely how we have to for our business. Interminable stock of production line store, reviewing of offers. The Accounts Receivable window is anything but difficult to see and arrange, which causes us monitor exceptional solicitations and realize who needs reached so we can gather. Since we use it on the PCs at the counter, just as in the workplace, it makes it a decent, brought together program that everybody with access to the PCs realizes how to utilize. Effectively monitor stock while flawlessly coordinating into eCommerce without requiring more than one framework.

Mark E.

"A Consultant's Story:"

What do you like best?

A former client of mine called and asked if I wanted to help implement a new cloud-based Retail system called Lightspeed. I thought to myself that "new" and "cloud-based" meant "limited functionality" and "slow-response". Boy, was I wrong - Lightspeed is Light-Years ahead of where I thought it would be!

The Business functionality is superb. It covers a wide-range of business types and has many options. It is even "expandable" when it comes to storing extra data which pertains just to your business. It is simple for the small user and powerful for a large company.

The "Service before the Sale" is GREAT! They guide you through just what you need.

The "Ongoing Support" is a breath of fresh air! Each of my "logged cases" has been addressed in a timely manner (typically on the same call) and the answers were spot on.

I've also found that the technology the system is based on is sound, secure and dependable.

As a 42+ year veteran of the computing industry, I can say that Lightspeed "got it right" "right out of the stargate"...

I am sold on Lightspeed! So much so that it is now a mainstay in my recommendations to clients who are seeking to "improve operations and automate processes".

Respectfully,

Mark, Owner of Central Operations (We run your computer systems for you so you can run your business!)

Marks.Cell.239.571.8301@gmail.com

What do you dislike?

The words “all your eggs in one basket” comes to mind. You need to have a well designed network with backup capability (such as a cellular data connection) in case of a network outage.

Running a retail store operation which has both retail and some food along with a lot of consignment products.

Better reporting and ease of use/training for cashiers.

Melissa M.

"A comprehensive and user friendly POS"

What do you like best?

The customer service and training from lightspeed is by far their best quality. Every time I need something the team members are supportive, knowledgeable and helpful. Additionally, the comprehensive reporting, including the recently added home screen allows me to keep track of sales over time. Finally, the easy to use, fully integrated eCommerce experience is superior to other software I have used at my company.

What do you dislike?

There isnt a whole lot i dislike about Lightspeed. As I have issues, it seems they update and improve. The reporting used to be a bit more minimal, however, it has become easier to compare daily sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give your feedback to the company. As they continue to develop they listen to the customers.

The biggest difficulty with our small business was managing all of the inventory in an effective way. Lightspeed allows us to easily keep track of inventory while seamlessly integrating into eCommerce without needing more than one system.

Madhvi P.

"Extremely glitchy system. Does not work as promised"

What do you like best?

Has some nice features. Calculates margins automatically. Automates a lot of functions for retail. supposedly integrates with e-commerce but in reality is very counter intuitive

What do you dislike?

Extremely glitchy. Have not been able to process transactions without some glitch or the other. Constantly hangs during a CC payment. Although the system has a lot of features, it is not user friendly. Why are buttons presented when you cant use them ? My main complain is how glitchy it is. Hangs in the middle of a sale. Terrible for a small business

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wait till they've ironed out their glitches. It's not a mature product. And although they have 24x7 support, their staff cannot handle complex issues

Small retail business with loca POS system plus e-commerce. Lightspeed was supposed to give me all these features along with CC processing. So far no benefits. Wish I had selected a different system

Jennifer D.

"We know what's going on now"

What do you like best?

We love the reporting features, especially when running weekly numbers or checking inventory performance.

The printed receipts give us a clean, professional look

What do you dislike?

Selling sets is still a tad tedious in getting inventory adjusted unless you remember to "build" an assembly of individual items prior to completing the sale.

We went fr rom paper receipts to printed receipts - we look professional

The Special order feature allows us to see what's on order and what sales we should be closing soon...that's much cleaner approach than our whiteboard approach.

We can type faster and more ligibly than handwriting, so it's helping is look more professional.

The reporting feature has cut down our weekly crunching numbers times drastically.

Brett T.

"Lightspeed does not put their customers first"

What do you like best?

It looks good and many of the features are quite good. But they don't really care about their customers needs, and do not respond in anything close to an acceptable amount of time to bugs and problems.

What do you dislike?

Our bike shop has been using Lightspeed for 5 years now, first with their Mac based software, and then with their cloud based software (Lightspeed Retail). There are many great things about the software, but on the whole I would not recommend a small business owner to hitch their cart to this company. There are significant bugs, inventory control is a disaster, but worst of all, fundamentally Lightspeed does not care about their customers. What Lightspeed cares about is their roadmap which in most cases doesn't deal with fundemental issues that their customers have been bringing up for years - if you have any doubt on this, look at their "ideas" page where top voted on features and requests have sat dormant for years.

My frustration has boiled over due to an issue with the way their inventory system works, and the way their customer service team has responded to my pleading that they at least give me an ETA on a fix. Here's the backstory: Lightspeed does a very peculiar thing which is that it will auto-add inventory if a product is sold but does not exist in inventory. Not only this, but Lightspeed will auto-check-in inventory off of POs if a product is sold. Now this in and of itself is a disaster as far as accountability is concerned: how is one supposed to track POs when product mysteriously gets checked in! But the worst part is that there is a bug in their system which will auto-check-in product off of POs if product is put into a work order. Doesn't matter if said product is sold or not, it will check-in the product regardless, causing a nightmare scenario where we are trying to figure out what POs have truly been received, and which POs Lightspeed has decided to receive automatically. I brought this issue up for the first time around 6 months ago, and never got any solid response on a fix. I contacted support in April again. After a lot of back and forth about whether this was a real problem (like I love spending time contacting support) the support tech Derrick agreed that this was an issue. I asked for an ETA. No ETA was available. I followed up a month later in May. Still no ETA, but Derrick assured me this was a priority, but also assured my significant problem that is causing myself and my staff time and frustration and vigilance and additional systems and workflows to remedy is "an extreme edge case scenario so I'm curious about how it could be causing you significant workflow issues."So now we are in July. This supposedly "high priority" "extreme edge case" bug is still not fixed. No ETA. No communication. Since we started experiencing this issue Lightspeed has stuck an e-commerce link in the middle of the navigation bar and continued to work on integrating their e-commerece into every other cranny of the software, even if you don't use their e-commerce. They've added a new feature called Analytics which costs additional monthly fees. Their API is still slow and unsupported. Their App marketplace is effectively a Potemkin village of fake apps with no real syncing with the silo that is Lightspeed. The promises of a cloud based POS are so great, but Lightspeed does not deliver. If you are looking to invest time and energy in a retail POS platform, I would strongly encourage you to look elsewhere. Lightspeed looks very slick on the surface, and it is quite good in many ways, but the underlying company culture does not put their customers first.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at other product. Everything looks good from the outside, but they are extremely unresponsive and are focused on meeting their business objectives around integrating e-commerce rather than making their software work well for the existing customers.

Retail management software for our bicycle business.

Mark J.

"Works really well for our company!"

What do you like best?

Overall the software is amazing and it works in the best manner. We have a wide range of part time employees with various levels of tech savvy and expertise. Lightspeed is intuitive and user-friendly in basic procedure, every employee find it easy to use. Customer service has been prompt besides the long wait. . Their responses are usually prompt and helpful.

What do you dislike?

At times we have to wait for very long in order to connect to a customer support, but when we does connect to them, they are really helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Software is easy to use and very convenient to the employees to be used. Tracks all inventory and manage to correct mistakes at the same time.

I really like this software because it enable users manage online and in-store inventories on the croud.

The multi channel retail information feature is very helpful to for me.

Victoria C.

"Made the right switch!"

What do you like best?

I especially love the convenience factor of being able to call at any time and speak to a customer service representative. We did not have the best service with our last POS company.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that within the POS mode, you weren't able to create a "new item." This has however been updated within one of the last updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will rock your world.

We are still trying to get up and running with the ECom side of Lightspeed, but I can already see the benefits of having the all in one function of the in-store retail and ECom syncing instantly. I can't wait until I get our ECom working!

Dia G.

"The Best POS Hands Down"

What do you like best?

Intuitiveness of the system and customer support

What do you dislike?

Going from QB to Lightspeed reporting took a little to get used to, but nothing either did. Two different systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask all the right questions to make sure you are getting what you want. Any problems, contact support and always ask for additional training, if needed.

It has been a delight working with Lightspeed as our POS. From getting a quote to installation to day to day usage, the operating system has been intuitive, making it easy to learn/train new employees and reporting on the back-end. When we have encountered a problem, it has been easy to reach out to the technical department to resolve it. And they actually follow up to make sure it is still working!! We are all impressed with the system.

"LS CUSTOMER SERVICE SAYS "THERE IS NO FIX" Do NOT waste your time or money on Lightspeed"

What do you like best?

Honestly, I have nothing positive to say about LS.

What do you dislike?

We've been using LS since 2012. It has been extremely unreliable and finicky. With our 3rd location we were recommended by LS to go with i-pads and use the LS App and that this would be a solution to the inconsistency we have with the product. The App is awful, we've been using for 18 months now, it has been nothing but constant issues of not staying connected to terminals, printers, switching to other store locations, switching employees to other locations during transactions, will not stay connected. It is NOT an issue with our internet connection. The App is literally not functioning and we are having to pull a laptop from our BOH and patch our sales between the i-pad and the lap top. We've been told by LS that they know it is a problem with their APP and as of right now, they do not know how to fix the problem. We have made a significant investment in equipment purchased solely for using the LS App, and it is now useless and another equipment investment will be required to switch over to using LS through a browser, new laptops, scanners, printers, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not go there if you are looking for good customer service support that offers real solutions to problems with their system. I could show you email after email after email of notifications we've received of having problems. It is completely unreliable.

Lightspeed is creating problems and hindering our ability as a business to provide a quick customer friendly experience during transactions. It is a nightmare! Our problem now is the investment we've made.

Kaitlin O.

"Lightspeed Retail is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I love how user-friendly and intuitive Lightspeed is. Their support center and team is great, too. It is just so simple to use; I wish more POS systems were like Lightspeed. I love all of the features it offers and am always learning more ways to make the POS work better for us on a day-to-day basis,

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything about it! It is just right. I guess sometimes the more advanced settings can seem complicated, but it is very easy to learn and teach yourself how to use the system. and Even when you did need help, the customer service center is great, and there is not usually a long wait to speak with someone on the phone about issues to may experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you know how to take advantage of all the wonderful benefits of Lightspeed; I am still learning how to use more of the advanced setting, but I know there is a lot to offer and it can make your life a lot easier and business run much more smoothly if you know how to use Lightspeed to the best of its ability.

With Lightspeed we are successfully able to run multiple shops at once and solve problems quickly, such as with Inventory or Customer Database. Benefits include ease of use and quick turnover for customer service and making transfers between stores. It also integrates with our credit card machine, which is great.

Ernie B.

"Best Retail Solution for Small businesses"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the most is it brings to the small retailer a solution that is scalable and very flexible in its design.

What do you dislike?

Support has only one tier of support agents, we feel that there should always be a next level or possible a second level of support. (example an intergrations staff with retail experience)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PLEASE do your homework since there are many solutions available check as many out as you can. its a very important decision.

stream lining our whole operation gaining operational control over our products and vendor catalogs which are now all online stored in the cloud via lightspeed.

Jordan F.

"Well-rounded platform with lots of features"

What do you like best?

We use the work order tracking the most and the way work orders are managed in the back office is great. Color-coded statuses, time tracking, quick quote emailing and converting to a sale. Everything just makes sense and works as expected. Customer service is easy to reach and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Main complaints are inventory management, especially as we use this with lightspeed ecommerce as well as the lack of an ability to create a customer portal for easy updating/communicating about work orders.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not sure that I prefer the way Lightspeed Ecommerce and Retail work together better than a seperate ecommerce solution and lightspeed retail.

We have recently started offering payment terms to our clients and it was easy to incorporate that into our workflow with Lightspeed. Additionally, as our business has grown, it has kept pace with our needs.

Yan V.

"Lightspeed eCom - An evolved and expensive scam"

What do you like best?

It integrates (badly) with Lightspeed Retail, that's not really a positive.

What do you dislike?

As a software engineer, I’ve had to install, customize, create and use dozens of e-commerce platforms and within those, Lightspeed is by far the worst e-commerce platform I have ever used. It is full of major bugs and lacks features that even the most basic and cheap e-commerce solutions have. Reported (major) bugs take more than 6 months to even get looked at, and that is if they ever decide to fix them.

Every month, they keep promising updates and fix that never happen, or even worse, they tell you that bugs are fixed when they are not. Our eCom is still not live after almost a full year of paying for it.

Lightspeed eCom is a very expensive scam, I recommend you stay away from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Never sign up with Lightspeed. They will promise you the world and they proceed to crush on your business with their incomplete and unpolished products.

Unless you consider heading straight to bankruptcy is some form of problem solving, none.

Harrison W.

"Lightspeed and Its Capabilities"

What do you like best?

Lightspeed is quite a powerful program in my opinion. The functionality of it is quite impressive. My work doesn’t even utilize probably 30-40% of its true capability, and it supports a $9 Million Business.

What do you dislike?

I wish that certain features were available. For example, when transferring items from different warehouses, it’d be nice if on the product card, you could leave notes for specific items, and why you’ve moved them to a particular warehouse. So we deal in furniture, and we have a “New Damages” Warehouse where we house damaged items. Not all damage is immediately obvious, so it’d be nice to be able to leave notes in a sort of temporary file saying why it was transferred there—differently from an SRO. I also wish you could search payment amounts under the “modified today” search criteria.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So long as you connect the program to your payment terminal and are able to track payments that way, there are really no complaints.

Ability to lookup products, customers, or orders very easily through multiple criteria. The ability to link orders, SRO’s and quotes makes it nice and easy to communicate situations with the rest of the team.

Aron S.

"Excellent for Brick and Mortar with Easy eCommerce Options"

What do you like best?

Easy to put all products online, matrices are great for creating products and listing them together for reporting and online.

What do you dislike?

Subscription based pricing with no guarantee of secured pricing over a term.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are still elements that are works in progress, but it's the best system I've found for our needs and keeps us current in the digital age.

We can use the platform with Locally.com, put all of our products in store on our eCommerce and utilize Lightspeed's SEO to get our products in front of prospective clients.

Line D.

"Finally a POS that is easy to set up nd easy to work with!"

What do you like best?

LS is easy to set up and offers several valuable features such as employee time management. inventory management with integrates with LS Ecom, our online webstore, great detailed reports and amazing customer support.

What do you dislike?

Some days the system is slow BUT LS always sends accurate updates so we always know what is going on. Customer service is perfect!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We absolutely recommend this POS system and it keeps on getting better!

We finally have one inventory for both our retail and online store. This saves so much tome and worries!

Also, newer loyalty programs such as Thirdshelf can easily be integrated in LS which we love!

Julia H.

"Ease of use & training for staff, great reporting"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface for simple transactions and quick training of staff.

What do you dislike?

Wish we could customize our own sort/filter on inventory searches or show custom-added fields to our inventory page. Would like it to be a little more seamless in creating/building our eCommerce site

Recommendations to others considering the product:

simple interface makes it very easy for staff to use, regardless of their tech-savviness. Rich reporting tools for sales and inventory analysis is excellent as well.

Being able to effectively track inventory and see sales history, etc, vs a regular manual cash register. Being able to remotely login and see inventory when at trade/buying shows is very helpful as well.

Amanda S.

"Very good system, does crash due to traffic sometimes"

What do you like best?

This system is very efficient, you are able to live search inventory, take and check in purchase orders, the pos is very fast and efficient which smart reads cards. Purchases were very quick to check out. Learning how to use this system was fairly simple. Being able to see reports quickly and compare our current days sales to those in the previous years was very helpful in our ability to reach sales goals.

What do you dislike?

When the system would hit peak operating hours it was not unlikely for the system to shut down completely and not be able to process sales. Customer service was fairly helpful though it often times did not fi the problem for some time, at which point the store could not function and we had to only take cash sales which we processed on paper and a calculator.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to spend some time on the phone with customer service during peak hours of business.

Being able to log on to the system on multiple computers did solve an issue we had previously with big sale nights, this way we could look up inventory and check out customers on multiple computers, increasing efficiency. Often times I would check when we needed to put out new inventory from back stock by searching items in our inventory, it was also easy to conduct inventory lists for when we needed to do that at the end of the year.

Valarie C.

"Works Great for our Retail situation"

What do you like best?

So far, everything is easy and makes sense.

I researched many different systems, this one came up the winner!

What do you dislike?

So far......Nothing to dislike. The customer service has been very timely. Either by phone or email they are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch the You Tube tutorials! All the others were just too cumbersome. This one makes sense.

We had no real inventory system. So far this has adapted well to our kind of inventory.

We grow and sell shade and ornamental flowering trees.....not your average inventory, but the system is working well for us.

Phillip Z.

"Cycling Small Business POS with lots of potential"

What do you like best?

- I do like the catalog integration to my major distributors and suppliers.

- I like the label output capability.

- I like the integration to mail Chimp.

- I like the great responsiveness of the phone based technical support staff.

What do you dislike?

- Long hold times on phone for tech support staff.

- Poorly thought out process of incorporating incremental updates and Feature input.

- Lack of customization.

- Online dependency which cripples my business to a deathly standstill. Especially when there is an internal LightSpeed problem.

- Difficulty in search. It cannot easily manage serial numbers of customer personal property

Recommendations to others considering the product:

-It is worth calling technical support to help get your system and your own education level up on what is happening behind the scenes. Very proficient.

-Continue to iterate that they should listen to the customer conversation recommendations for upgrades and not rely on us to create upgrade written content on their forum.

-Investigate the extra features which are tailored specific to your industry as they can save you immense time after investing into the setup and education.

- Work flow process around service and customer personal property.

- Sales of retail items

- Inventory management

- Sales tax reports

- Individual product sales reports and statistics for purchasing decisions

- Employee time clock and hours calculations for pay roll

Marie L.

"Great product, awesome support."

What do you like best?

- super gestion des stocks

- outil Bon de commande très pratique

- gestion complète de la commande à la réception et mise en vente

- super service technique hyper réactif et efficace

What do you dislike?

- besoin de support pour utiliser le produit

- un peu cher considérant que je n'arrive pas à tout utiliser et/ou qu'il me faudrait passer des heures pour apprendre à tout faire avec LS.

Gain de temps, gestion des stocks, surveillance du vol interne, gestion de ventes.

Lisa P.