Adobe Photoshop Reviews & Product Details

Adobe Photoshop Overview

What is Adobe Photoshop?

Software delivers even more imaging magic, new creative options, and the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine for blazingly fast performance.

Adobe Photoshop Details

$11,171
@Adobe
25,182 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.

Adobe Photoshop Reviews

Showing 11,437 Photoshop reviews
Showing 11,437 reviews
Already have Adobe Photoshop?
Assistant Administrator
Open Discussions in Adobe Photoshop
Design Engineer
Business Development
Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Photoshop comes with amazing features and tools for ease of editing. The filter gallery is amazing. There is nothing which I do not like about photoshop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a bit higher as compared to the features provided. support is also not that great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go through the competitors once. If your requirements are not that hard, you can find many cheaper alternatives.

The best way is to do a bit of google research and see youtube videos. Don't hesitate in trying the software which is open source. Open source these days are going very ahead in terms of quality.

I will not name the alternatives but a bit of Google research might land you up directly to the alternatives easily.

Consider watching Youtube videos to see which one of them is easy to operate and then make a choice.

Photoshop is a bit heavy, so you will need a lot of RAM and graphics to operate. If your system is slow or laggy or some older processor then your system might become slow if you use photoshop.

The price of the software is very high. I wish they could have made it a little cheaper. But over all, with price, they deliver the quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Designing the flyers and posters Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Photoshop is the first tool i have used for editing . Its my love k. Working and learning photoshop made me intrest and hobby into the designing, the best thing about the photoshop software is the basics tool and basic UI.

One can understand the UI Of the photoshop easily without any hassle

Also it has too good demo page or artboard we can sae to start as per our size of our work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The bad thing about photoshop is the pixel part

If the photoshop allowed us to export in vector it can give a tough fight to corel draw Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

its Best i can sae | No worry if you are beginner and use RGB for printing purpose Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems like lightning issues can be sort in photoshop

And benifit was i design the whole wedding invitation card on photoshop and i do full time freelancing in designing

and for me photoshop is the necessary tool to work on and yes i do love this tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like Photoshop for editing photos in a more precise way than Lightroom offers. I also like it for creating a graphic template that can be edited with different layers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Adobe products in general have a serious learning curve. You have to really want to learn these products, but when you do it is an amazing skill to have. I have self taught myself everything I have learned from Adobe using YouTube tutorials and articles, but this is very time consuming. Hard to just pickup if you only have time to work on something at work. If that is the case, I would recommend a product like Adobe Spark. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure this is something you want to learn as you will need to invest a lot of time in it, no matter how tech saavy you think you are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am creating graphics for our web pages, social media, and sometimes physical assets (stickers, brochures, etc). This has the capability to take a photo that works in one of our markets and edit the details to work for another market. For example, we have two radio stations that use the same branding but have different call letters. Photoshop gives us the tools to swap the logos out (even when it is printed on a DJ's shirt). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Want to turn a dull low light photo into a happening and amazing piece of art?. Then adobe photoshop is the right app for you. You will be amazed at the amount of customisation that this single software can provide. Adding filters to your images was never so easy before. You can even use your editing skills to change the backgrounds, increase the appeal of your photos, make yourself look mote beautiful and even turn dull images into beautiful scenaries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With a lot of customisations, comes a lot of hardwork. Yes you need to learn a lot before you can master the software. For beginners adobe photoshop might seems like a piece of code thats too hard to crack. But once you get a hang of it, you can create some really great piece of work with this powerful software. Another thing that is bothering is the price system to use this software. You have to buy an annual subscription that is quite costly in order to utilise all the features of adobe photoshop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

First take basic tutorials on youtube to learn how to use thw different options in photoshop as there are a lot of customisations options available and most of them cannot be accessed without proper knowledge on how to use them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our organisation we use photoshop to create arts and graphics to make our classes more visually appealing and to increase the attention span of students. We also teach our students to learn to use photoshop as it is now a necessary tool for everyday use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The flexibility for the designer to sculpture an artwork is the best of photoshop. And that's the reason where Photoshop has been in the market for quite some time, but it still reigns over its competitors.

I've tried to use other tools to design but they could not satisfy to transform my idea in my mind into products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I could think of is that it's not easy for a beginner to pick up as the interface looks very complex. The learning curve is high.

Also, the price to subscribe to Adobe Photoshop is pretty high, especially when Adobe has moved to the cloud. There are a lot of free design tools out there, not there powerful for sure, but if you are tight with your budget, I might suggest not to use this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are plenty of photoshop tutorials for beginners on YouTube. The learning curve is high but it's good to know that there's plenty of helpful resource out there for you to pick it up.

If you are not trying to dive too deep into the design industry, I feel like there is no need to try Photoshop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Poster design, artwork design, editing photos, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Teacher, director and playright, Narrator
What do you like best?

Adob Photoshop is one of my freqiently used softwares in which I make changes on photos easily and fast. There are different features, filters, editing options and so on. You can create new photos by adding or removing parts of different photos. before all those different softwares for collaging, Adob Photoshop was my loyal friend for collage photos or photo albums. Moreover you can add text on photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

something funny makes me angry by Adob Photoshop sometimes! The mouse marker disappears!!! I don't know why it happens! also sometimes it changed to another marker with which you can not use some of the tools such as eraser or brushing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do advise each and every users to have Adobe Photoshop on their system. It can make your wishes come true very fast. even if you are a professional designer you can decrease lots of complicated processes of working, through using Adobe Photoshop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I make so many photos whith this software. Take it for granted from personal usage on editing family photos for printing and sticking to albums, to designing posters for my events in art performances or advertising my workshops and classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Development & Communications Clerk
What do you like best?

Anything you need to or want to do with Photoshop, you can do. There are SO many options! Adobe Photoshop really gives you the opportunity to explore many creative avenues. You can use color, textures, shapes, etc. as well as manipulate images by using light, color, shadows and more. From simply editing photos to combining photos, making graphics, printable posters, etc. to more complex editing and creating jobs, Photoshop provides you with the tools that can make it happen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Adobe suite is not cost-effective and can be priced out of many budgets. In particular, for me, I use Photoshop for a multitude of reasons and for many of my hobbies, but at $58 per month, it can be quite expensive. I also think it's quite complicated to use; although there are so many different options that you can use and things you can do, unless you're able to dedicate a lot of time and energy to learning more about Photoshop, you won't be able to use all of the wonderful tools it offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adobe Photoshop allows me to make a variety of graphics, from social media usage to in-game (sports) usage. I can make static graphics, GIFs, etc. as well as use these for videos & presentations. There's so much you can do with Photoshop! As I've gotten to explore this program over the years, I've gotten more comfortable with some of its more advanced features. I'm able to make sharp, clean graphics for use on social media and on the Jumbotron during our games, and the look great! I can also use this program across my multiple jobs/hobbies, and I also enjoy that I can use it across multiple devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Every studio professional as well as any photo editors use some software to enhance their taken photos one means or another. The foremost used by everyone is Adobe photoshop. The all in one tool that helps to edit their photos whatever they want to modify or to give a clear enhancement. The most useful feature is that is the feasibility of the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even though it is very much useful in every manner, it is most difficult to understand at first. You have to be cautious while using any tool as so many similar tools available for the change over you wanted. Without a single way to edit a photo, it gives so many options so that you have to know what you are doing at first. Even though you can do whatever you like it's better to learn step by step. When rotating layers with Free Transform (and some other tools) to exactly 90 or 270°, the quality of the outcome is determined by the layer’s size. If the layer is of even width and even height, then you’ll be fine. If it’s of an odd width and odd height, you’ll also be okay. But if they’re of an odd width by even height or even width by odd height. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would advise going with this one as it gives everything regarding what you want to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Anything can be made using photoshop. At first, I managed to ádd a black coat to my photo myself with help from some training videos. Then I keep learning everything that we can do with it. Learning never ends is a true word when you using this software. Even though I had a thought to improve so that it can get me to a photo editing related jobs. I used to be a part-time learner and a worker while using this software I can use my idea to earn my additional wages from this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Foreign Exchange Trader
What do you like best?

You can use multiple features and functions in adobe photoshop for free, adobe photoshop is the most used software in world of freelancing, as it allow you to polish your work the most, and to create a logo or put a caption on a photo, or edit and modify the old photos, to change background or cut and crop a photo fòr free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I just don't like the complicated system of adobe photoshop, as one should learn it properly to use it in a perfact way, because the new users don't know how to use it in a proper way, as currently thousands of softwares allow you to get your work done in seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend adobe photoshop to all those who are in to the field of freelancing amd other photography services. As it will help you to make your work more qualitative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use adobe photoshop when I need a complex changes in a photo at a time, like changes the quality of the photo, changing background, cropping, cutting, modifying, brightness and to apply some affects that other software don't have can be used here for free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Corporate Communications Lead
What do you like best?

It's a completer package and can take whatever you throw at it. Being such an valuable too, there are literally thousands and thousands of tutorials about how to use it online. It's intuitive and robust. The user community is brilliant and they have built great plugins, brushes, templates and other tools to help you achieve your goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue with Photoshop is that it is very expensive if you want to buy it as a standalone. Monthly subscriptions like the Photoshop + Lightroom package is however available. It can also be a little too much too take in if you are using it for the first time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Photoshop is a major asset in our software toolbelt. We use if for everything from editing photos to creating headers and assets for our internal and external communications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Plugins and Ease of use editing images and making creatives for advertising campaigns. There are also lots of free plugins and fonts available for Adobe Photoshop 2020. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Memory Hog uses a lot of memory when editing multiple images at once. Slows down my pc sometimes when having more than 5 images open at the same time going in between creatives for editing ads and creatives for digital marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend getting the multi user license for Photoshop if you have more than 1 user that needs to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to create advertising creatives on the fly and it benefits me because I don't need to hire a graphic designer all the time. I am able to make them myself when possible. This saves time and money which we all like to do when it comes to taking care of business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pastor of Youth&Young Adults
What do you like best?

I like that it is a robust program that can handle much of what I throw at it. Photoshop also makes it easy to learn; with many tutorials and workshops to help me grasp concepts I’m unfamiliar with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the monthly subscription; I’d rather pay a flat fee than month to month. The cost is the single biggest downside to Photoshop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The integration with Adobe Suite makes photoshop worthy of consideration! It’s a solid, powerful program that can do much, once you commit to learning it. While the price may be a little steep, the use of Photoshop in combination with Creative Cloud products makes it worth it.

See if the other products make it worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a photographer and a graphic designer, I appreciate photoshops ability to both edit photos and help create professional graphics in one program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The customization and changes you can make with photoshop especially the ability to photo edit detailed parts of an image. Also using it for branding is good too. I use it for flyers, social media banners or logos, masking out images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can do a lot so to learn it it would be helpful to have some tutorial videos in each part of the program or to have a more interactive help option. I dislike that they went to a subscription model, and how expensive it is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The learning curve may be steep, but you'll love it once you get the hang of it. This is a good program if you like to be creative and give it an extra touch of glam. I am by no means a graphic designer but for marketing this can be helpful once you learn how to use the program effectively. Also the other products are good too Illustrator is good for logo making. The subscription model for pricing is expensive and you should be weary with that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to edit things at any moment and flexibility is good. There are many ways to be creative with photoshop and change something into something even better.

I am able to quickly correct and alter photographs. I find this program in combination with other adobe programs make my job so much faster and easier. The possibilities that this software offers can be overwhelming but in a good way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.