Epicor Eclipse

3.8

Epicor Eclipse is a leading Distribution ERP software solution that provides powerful technology for wholesalers in the plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and PVF industries.

Work for Epicor Eclipse?

Learning about Epicor Eclipse?

Epicor Eclipse Reviews

Ask Epicor Eclipse a Question
Showing 23 Epicor Eclipse reviews
Epicor Eclipse review by Kaylynn C.
Kaylynn C.

"Eclipse Solar overview"

What do you like best?

How it you can access the same information from one main screen and I personally think that we will love this new system. It is just very user friendly. Also, the easier we can gather information from orders to apply that information for our customers the better we will be. I see how the system will be easier with my warehouse as well, they now will not have to wait to pick orders/process orders. I am really excited to see how this new system will affect how we do business.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I really like the new system. I haven't really discovered any issues with this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise to learn how to find all of the shortcuts and create so many different shortcuts to do process orders, run reports, find information from processed orders, choose shipping methods and prepaid amounts.

We are now able to process orders without having to jump through so many different issues with our old system. This makes entering orders and finding out information easier. This makes thing way easier for us as a company to do our daily jobs.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Epicor Eclipse
Epicor Eclipse review by Vasil Z.
Vasil Z.

"Eclipse is superior ERP system for Industrial Distributors"

What do you like best?

The Universe database is amazing. It can store multiple decades of data with ease, and its fast. Eclipse has many good features for Industrial Distributors. It nicely handles transactions with customers, vendors, and other business partners. IT supports EDI, FTP, email, faxing, Printing, ACH, and trade services. It supports hundreds of thousands of SKUs, and can do a lot more.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to include and expand web and mobile features not as companion products, but as part of core Eclipse System.

Third parties have some ability to create third party plugins and tools to enhance the ecosystem. There are few like Innovo, MITS, Phocas, AValara, and others. There needs to be easier path for others to add plugins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a person on-board with good understanding of the Rocket UniVerse database. Documentation on UniVerse is here: http://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-u2/technical-documentation/universe-v11.3.1 Understanding of the PICK/BASIC programming very beneficial for adding your own customization in the CBP file. Mastering the REPORT WRITER, dictionary maintenance, subroutines, and database files is a must for good data maintenance/manipulation/analytics/reports.

Eclipse does great job with Inventory management, purchasing, sales, procurement, accounting, AP, AR, General Ledger. It does great job managing midsize businesses and large enterprises with multiple branches in different locations.

What ERP Systems solution do you use?

Epicor Eclipse review by Jordan W.
Jordan W.

"Eclipse feels like the after-thought product of Epicor."

What do you like best?

I like how relatively simple the user interface is, especially with Solar. I like how widgets and views are easy to setup.

What do you dislike?

- RF equipment is extremely dated!

- Change log doesn't show ALL receiving activity (only direct putaways)

- Confusing naming of "Warehouse In Process Status Queue" and "Warehouse in Process Queue"

- Not everything is ported over to Solar from Eterm

- RF software feels like we're going backwards towards Eterm, especially once we've pushed everyone to Solar

- Training material feels dated and outright missing in some examples

- Training website feels disjointed and agendas can be hard to find

- Help page could be more pronounced on Solar homepage (question mark icon)

- Widget dimensions/edits are different depending on which screen you access from

- I'd like to see more warehouse management tools

- Running reports on RF Warehouse could use explainers to prevent me from running the wrong report with the wrong details....I do this all the time : (

Inventory Management.

Epicor Eclipse review by Jayati D.
Jayati D.

"Great for Inventory Management"

What do you like best?

Eclipse ERP has an amazing interface where I can clearly see all the different sections for sales and inventory and I find it very useful.

What do you dislike?

I don't find anything that I particularly dislike (its pretty convenient!). But I could use a sticky note or a quick note sections to manage my tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a company that's starting off, this is a great product to start with! I would highly recommend this product - it has a great interface, and nearly covered pretty much everything we needed in the organization for our client so we never needed to go to another one.

I used to work as a software and inventory management intern where I came across Eclipse. Earlier we used Excel and bunch of folders to manage inventory which resulted in mistakes all the time. Now with Eclipse its basically a piece of cake since it has a super short learning curve and it so much more easy now to manage all of that (ever-increasing!) data

Epicor Eclipse review by Leola S.
Leola S.

"Eclipse is the best. "

What do you like best?

Epicor Eclipse is being used throughout the business. We use it for purchases, sales, inventory control and accounting functions. It addresses the need to maintain accurate tracking of inventory and all other aspects of our business. Since the software was designed for the business area in which we operate, it is a great tool. We use your PDW (data warehouse) module to help our sales team increase our catalog of products that we can offer. The tracking of the product as it enters our location to print shipping labels, the manifestation and the signatures of delivery of the invoices are of great help in our collections of our credit department.

What do you dislike?

Eclipse needs to improve their upgrade process. They do a good job of telling us what they are improving but they always break something that was working just fine before and they don't always fix it. The accounting side seems to be after thought, there needs to be more thought put into how it functions as a whole.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Eclipse is very suitable for fast order entry where the source is a formal purchase order document or a phone call with a known customer. In these scenarios, the order entry process is fast and order processing is uniform even if the customer has many "special" requests such as sending parts today and retaining the rest or sending part of the order to other addresses.

We use the tracking system to keep us organized and communicate our transactions. It allows the efficient purchase and transfer of materials between our 10 branches.

Epicor Eclipse review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"User friendly product with rich features"

What do you like best?

Eclipse is very easy to quickly become competent on. The point and click functionality allows a user to complete the majority of their job functions with little experience. User defined fields allow a lot of useful customization.

What do you dislike?

Using Eclipse for products/industries outside of its usual use can be difficult; lumber, etc...

There are many features in Eclipse that are under utilized. Not sure of the best way to discover them other than reading user manuals or speaking with other companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Eclipse is better for some industries than others, but the customization makes it a solid product for any.

The ability to pull data easily from Eclipse is a huge benefit. This has allowed us to utilize data quickly and easy to solve many business problems.

Epicor Eclipse review by Bruce C.
Bruce C.

"Powerful software, but be aware of all the optional features"

What do you like best?

I am impressed with how well the ERP package modules all work together smoothly. The strong drill-down integration makes all business processes run quickly, especially when interacting with customers and vendors. Also, the vendor has kept offering the package modern features, especially the Windows-type visual interface.

What do you dislike?

As useful new state-of-the-art options are added to the core ERP package, they nearly always come at an upfront and monthly extra cost. Many of these features should be in the core package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn all you can about the features available. Talk to (and visit) other companies that are using the product to get a feel for how it works live. And definitely get a full quote on all the features you expect to need up front; they will be troublesome (and maybe expensive) to add in the future.

We have been able to offer faster customer response; I have much tighter control of inventory levels than with our previous package; I make use of accurate demand tracking to increase turns and earns.

Epicor Eclipse review by User

"Very robust wholesale distribution ERP, only a few drawbacks"

What do you like best?

Handles multiple levels of product pricing, efficient. The power of this software actually comes with how much you learn to use of it. The support is very good and usually very fast. And there is lots of training available and user conferences to gain more knowledge. User permissions can be very precise.

What do you dislike?

It's fairly complex and some parts of the software are not as intuitive as it needs to be. Some things I have asked about in the past "just can't be done", but it's definitely better than it used to be. Forecasting purchasing is sometimes difficult, but I'm not sure any software could do better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to the UFO and any other training and conference that is offered before, during, and after implementation. Send your employees regularly for additional classes they offer at UFO. If you have an issue or question, use Eclipse support. Some of the support reps are very knowledgeable, and can show you things not listed in the training materials.

It runs most of our operation fairly well. It is nice to have different parts of the business integrated and working well together. It is extremely efficient. The warehouse/inventory functions, in particular, save a lot of time/headcount. We've been using it so long, though, I can't tell you about any problems it solves except that it handles everything.

Epicor Eclipse review by Gary G.
Gary G.

"Experience using the Eclipse Program within the Warehouse"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to move around in the system. I use this program in the warehouse and the system has helped us streamline to picking and put away process.. Also, the ease of performing cycle counts within the RF process.

What do you dislike?

I've had a little bit of a problem with trying to build specific reports to zone in on special areas within the warehouse. Also, the instructions within Eclipse is a little vague and difficult to follow.. Many times I stop researching because it does not guide me in the right direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

good system and very easy to use

Using Eclipse has allowed me to enhance to performance within the warehouse. Streamlining the picking and put away process

Epicor Eclipse review by Raymond B.
Raymond B.

"New to Eclipse"

What do you like best?

I like all the features built into Solar; Widgets. I like the speed of the product. I moves verty fast. The imaging features are great too. We are paperless.

What do you dislike?

eTerm doesn't look very modern. I don't like that I can't drill down for more details. I am not able to run Solar on a Terminal server.

Ship notification for our customers. I want to avoid them having to call to get details of their penidng orders. Tryting to acomplish this with Startship, but the cost to send the e-mail field from Eclipse to Starship is very, very expensive.

Epicor Eclipse review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"A balanced system with some shortfalls"

What do you like best?

Eclipse is a no nonsense ERP system, it is very straightforward and granular in regards to Authorizations for every type of user imaginable. The support staff and technicians are all very knowledgeable and finding assistance is very easy. Administering this software is not difficult, mostly due to the great support for all facets of the software.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the costs of adding licenses and addons. I understand that the company needs to make money, but charging a company that is already paying hundred of thousand of dollars for some simple online training for staff is a bit over board. It can however be a bit intimidating to make changes, perhaps adding a free sandbox mode to test changes in the system would make it less so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software and is customizable. Just be prepared for the high costs associated with Eclipse and addon products.

Its a Streamlined process involving the purchase of product, sale of product and shipping of product.

Epicor Eclipse review by Joshua B.
Joshua B.

"The Comings and Goings of Epicor Eclipse"

What do you like best?

As someone who is currently on E-Term Eclipse, I continue to like the simplicity of the product and the intuitive user interface.

What do you dislike?

At times it feels like we come up with a solution for a problem we're having within Eclipse and it's difficult to get Epicor to mobilize in implementing the solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adopt Solar early and often.

We've been using Eclipse since 1994 so we've solved a multitude of problems. Mostly it's been our customer service and order packing that has seen the largest change.

Epicor Eclipse review by Breanna S.
Breanna S.

"Eclipse - Electrical Distribution"

What do you like best?

Our company has been using Eclipse since inception, as did the prior company that our company evolved from. We utilize the Job Management, Direct Through Stock, Solar, and Eterm functions of Eclipse. It's a great order processing and billing system that allows our users the flexibility to be successful.

What do you dislike?

The DTS (Direct Through Stock) function is very difficult to use and needs some work.

Our order entry is streamlined in a very nice way and we rely on Eclipse for that.

Epicor Eclipse review by Geetha P.
Geetha P.

"NOt an Amazing usage of Eclipse"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand and setup. Functional people can also make use of it.Search functionality had helped me a lot in checking the triggeres and classes many a times. I use Eclipse Neon 3.0

What do you dislike?

I face lot of issues working on Eclipse. Many a times I will have to troubleshoot, close it and open after making my changes. We basically have dev ops process in place and we use Eclipse to commit our changes to Bitbucket.

Stream lining of all our changes. We can have projects of multiple codes in the same Eclipse.

Epicor Eclipse review by Muhammad I.
Muhammad I.

"Epicor Eclipse Review"

What do you like best?

Eclipse ERP is a real-time transaction processing accounting software used for order fulfillment, inventory control, accounting, purchasing, and sales. It makes finance and accounting very easy for the company.

What do you dislike?

A little more options in the accounting section would have made it much more efficient and effective. Also, there is a lack of visual representation for finances.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good software for distribution companies, members of trade associations, with multiple regional branches and hundreds of employees.

We are using it in real-time transaction for order fulfillment and inventory control.

Epicor Eclipse review by Neil W.
Neil W.

"A good program. Lots of bugs"

What do you like best?

The ease of being able to manage accounting and inventory in a one stop shop. Has lots of powerful tools.

What do you dislike?

The takeover by Epicor has result ed in a lot of ancillary programs being offered, but it doesn't always seem like they are interested in keeping their own house clean. There isn't a big effort to clean up bugs.

Eclipse is handling all our business needs for accounting and inventory. We've had to add some outside vendors to fill in the gaps Eclipse is unable (or too expensive) to handle.

Epicor Eclipse review by Administrator

"I didn't know I could do that"

What do you like best?

Eclipse has a vast report writing options, and allows customization options within those reports. With the addition of I descriptors, reports can be narrowed down to specific pinpoint data.

What do you dislike?

The complaint I hear most is the user interface, the majority of my company uses Eterm and not solar, so the Dos based interface can be challenging for people expecting a new fancy GUI.

Our entire company leverages Eclipse, so the problems I solve are all related to business practices accross the company. I use Eclipse to figure out how a process is done, and then how to use the program for the most practical implementation.

Epicor Eclipse review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Eclipse ERP"

What do you like best?

Speed of order entry and inventory work very well. Along with RF, our warehouse functions have very little issues.

What do you dislike?

Reporting takes a bit to get used to. Does not handle multiple currencies well in our experience.

Accounting is not a strength.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There seems to be a resurgence on Eclipse Support and Development

Currently implementing EDI and have used the Element Credit Card Companion product successfully with base currency orders. US currency is an issue.

Epicor Eclipse review by Daron B.
Daron B.

"Well rounded ERP that covers all areas of our business"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. A new user can pick up the basics very quickly and the more advanced features can be learned along the way. Very little training time needed for new employees.

What do you dislike?

The system being Java based presents challenges for some devices. Also, support took a big dip down but has slowly been recovering.

Inventory management and warehouse efficiency are two things that have been vastly improved since moving to Eclipse.

Epicor Eclipse review by Erik H.
Erik H.

"Epicor Eclipse - Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use and learn even if you have never worked in it before.

What do you dislike?

I personally dislike the fact that you can't toggle between screens on the version we have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Opt for the windows version, called SOLAR

Epicor Eclipse has solved various business problems for us such as Inventory management of over 12,000 items. Easier and more accurate tracking of discounts, sales and all functions of accounting.

Epicor Eclipse review by User

"Solar is a big improvement but stability is the downfall"

What do you like best?

In Solar the GUI is quite friendly, however searching is still an issue unless you know the specific item tags

What do you dislike?

Stability, getting kicked off and difficult searches

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use keywords and intention when adding products

Keep on top of license needs

None, we have to go through our IT with all issues and they submit tickets

Epicor Eclipse review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Very consistent but not amazing."

What do you like best?

API integrations, flexibility, Support, and Training.

What do you dislike?

Not as user friendly - Requires years of experience to understand system.

Consistent inventory tracking.

Epicor Eclipse review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Logistics/Transportation Manager"

What do you like best?

User friendly. Reporting capabilities with the system.

What do you dislike?

Integration platforms and connectivity issues

Record and order managment

Learning about Epicor Eclipse?

* We monitor all Epicor Eclipse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.