Few things that I like about LabView are:
1) It has a very good graphical user interface that makes it really easy to use.
2) Debugging is very easy.
3) It takes very less time to make a simple program.
4) 3rd Party hardware like Arduino is also supported.
the things that I dislike about Labview are:
1) Its easy to collect data in Labview but processing it is quite difficult. I had to use matlab plenty of time.
2) Matlab simulink also has similiar gui interface, so its better to use Matlab as we get traditional coding ability as well.
3) Its quite heavy. It consumed 50 GBs of space during installation. so you really need a good Cpu to work with it.
4) I didnt find good tutorials for it. Support for Labview is no way comparable to that of Matlab.
I would recommend it for data acquisition purpose only.
I used Labview for data acquisition in my robotics application. It was quite easy to do that as there were already modules available and I need to just connect them in order. It was just a plug and play for me.