ActiveCampaign Reviews & Product Details

ActiveCampaign Overview

What is ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation (CXA) Platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, WordPress and Salesforce. Pricing starts at $9 a month. ActiveCampaign was built on the idea that an excellent customer experience must go beyond the traditional marketing touchpoints, like email. Delivering a personalized, high-touch experience is easy in the very beginning, but as a business grows— adding channels, additional teams, locations, customer segments, etc.— the complexity of managing relationships is too much, and that personalized connection doesn’t scale (this is why we’ve all received sales emails for products we already own, been asked to review a product we returned, or had disjointed experiences across success reps while trying to resolve a support ticket, etc.) This is why email marketing, marketing automation, service and support tools, and CRMs end up wasting time for organizations instead of supporting their growth. With ActiveCampaign, and the Customer Experience Automation (CXA) category, we are removing the silos between data sources, communication channels, and teams, and helping businesses scale their 1-1 personal customer relationships through connected experiences that span the customer lifecycle. This enables businesses to automate a truly personalized experience that feels authentic, so their customer relationships can scale, no matter how large that business grows. What are some of the things you can do with ActiveCampaign? -Automate personalized experiences across all your customer touchpoints -Track buyer preferences, behavior, and many custom attributes across the entire customer lifecycle for deeper segmentation and more effective outreach -Customize sends based on almost any parameter, so your messages are always targeted for the right audience -Use data from the entire customer lifecycle to choose the best content, send time, and delivery channel for each customer -Create entirely customized campaigns with minimal effort, then improve your send strategy in real time based on customer behaviors -Replicate the 1-1 personal experience for every customer, no matter how big your business gets

ActiveCampaign Details
Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Indonesian, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)

ActiveCampaign helps growing businesses meaningfully connect and engage with their customers. Its Saas platform enables businesses to create optimized customer experiences by automating many behind the scenes processes and communicating with their customers across channels with personalized, intelligence-driven messages.

ActiveCampaign is the only Customer Experience Automation solution that lets business connect customer engagement across all channels, and through the entire customer lifecycle. ActiveCampaign closes the gap that exists between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and support and service tools so businesses can create 1-1 personalized experiences that meet customers where they want to engage.

ActiveCampaign

Showing 6,509 ActiveCampaign reviews
Showing 6,509 reviews
Already have ActiveCampaign?
Creative Media Supervisor
What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign's user-friendly system, from the campaign builder to drag-and-drop automation building, is such an upgrade from larger B2B email marketing platforms! The ease-of-use is helping us future-proof our systems and save valuable time in training when we pass the torch.

We have been able to teach team members how to build and send a campaign on ActiveCampaign within a few hours' time at most. Automations can be built within minutes, wildly increasing our ability to get stuff done without actually doing it! Their forms are easy and simple, working great with their form app for iOS.

Their customer service is also some of the best! We had an amazing sales rep, Erin, at the beginning of our journey. Our team was moving over from an email marketing system that was already integrated with our CRM, so changing email marketing platforms was a bit of a leap of faith for us, and we had a LOT of questions to get answered before we committed. and Erin was extremely kind and patient in getting us those answers!

However, possibly the best part of our move to ActiveCampaign was our dedicated account rep. Initially, just the idea of having the same dedicated rep was an upgrade for us! We were paying more than half of what we are with AC for our previous email marketing system, and support was hard to get ahold of and usually pushed us to user forums. Our AC account rep Chelsea has been such a blessing to our company's marketing efforts (we consider her part of the team, practically!) and has rarely given us a "no" with any our questions. She's always eager to help us with the harder questions/scenarios, doing so with a joyful attitude! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ActiveCampaign is limited in some areas, albeit very few and still didn't sway us away from changing over. One of the biggest things for us is the lack of dynamic content within forms (can be a bit of a headache, honestly). Instead of one form with questions shown or hidden based on previous questions, we now have to make 9 forms in ActiveCampaign. The other issue this causes is creating custom dropdowns for each form, which don't translate over nicely with Salesforce, since the connection is a literal one-for-one (only one AC field can be mapped to only one SF field).

The integration with Salesforce is honestly a bit lacking as a whole, but not a huge deal based on the fact that it's one of many apps (however it's a pretty common CRM). I'm assuming the connection is not a top priority for AC, based on the fact that they have their own internal "Deals" system they probably want you to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's a lot of tools within ActiveCampaign, I would highly suggest taking a demo of the platform before deciding based on a few reviews. Great platform! Can't wait to see how it grows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ActiveCampaign has made user experience with campaign building extremely easy and even fun at times!

The Facebook audiences integration via automation is also a GREAT time-saving tool (goodbye, downloading and uploading csvs!).

Implanting emails within automations is useful for seasonal hiring recruitment and tradeshow follow-up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign's automations allow fine-grained control over customer experience. The interface is very intuitive, and the integrations with other tools and software make this a powerhouse of automation that extends far beyond a basic email marketing tool. As a former Drip user I've been very happy with the options available, finding very few problems in migrating between the platforms. The email template builder is easy to use and makes it easy to produce consistently branded content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ActiveCampaign has an SMS messaging feature, but it's only available in Automations. SMS marketing is a big advantage in 2021, and it's a disappointment not to have it built in for Campaigns or 1-to-1 customer messaging. The features available in Deals are also not a full replacement for a full-featured CRM. The combination of weaknesses means additional expenses and complexity in our software setup. Overall, the addition of sub-par features makes it feel like the software is in a weak point between highly focused single-purpose tools and an all-purpose marketing platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're already familiar with other marketing automation software, ActiveCampaign is a powerful contender and you should be comfortable using it's features. If this is your first experience with marketing automation, consider finding an ActiveCampaign expert to help you make full use of the platform's many features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've used ActiveCampaign's Automations to automate filtering of inbound leads, reducing the amount of CSR capacity needed. From general welcome emails to highly segmented and specific actions for edge cases, we're able to address common questions up front and provide answers when they're most helpful.

Keeping in regular contact with customers is a key driver of repeat revenue opportunities. By creating and sending consistent messages to our customers through Campaigns, we've accessed additional revenue that would have otherwise been lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Active Campaign makes automation easy for someone like me who can get intimidated by email marketing.

It doesn’t matter where you are in your business or how intricate (or complex) your automation will be-Active Campaign seems to have it all figured out.

The pricing is perfect for me since as a start up. Those expensive plans out there are no match for what AC brings to the table. It’s powerful and thorough.

As I grow, I know that AC will have the tools I need to support me. I like to think that AC supports you (with your email marketing) in EVERY stage of your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little overwhelming at first, but the have your back with support services to get you started so you don’t feel like you are wasting your money each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a powerful automation tool at an affordable price, give Active Campaign a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am creating a more productive business and reaching my clients in a more intimate way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Artist and Education
What do you like best?

The features of Active Campaign are applicable to many business models, from E-Commerce to Course Creators. They have a great range of automation templates, ideas and models to refer to. The process is very intuitive and it’s very easy to quickly build your automations, provided you’ve got your email copy ready. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Active Campaign.

If want to copy from one campaign to another is not as straightforward. I often find myself opening a few screens with the different emails to be able to copy and paste. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend active campaign to any one considering an email marketing software. It is easy to use and has a range of functionalities that surpass my expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Grouping my customers into their experiences and stages in the buying journey has been easy.

Linking Active Campaign to my course delivery platform enables me to see where the customer is at and what email campaign is suitable for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder, President, End-of-Life and Grief Coach
What do you like best?

There is so much to do - many posibilities and uses. I'm still pretty new and feel that I've only put my big toe in so far.

I love that there is chat support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A few things about automation:

#1 - coming over from another platform, I took advantage of your migration services. My automation was pretty full = 280 emails+. Unfortunately I did discover that they weren't migrated in the same order. Not sure how many were off, but even the 3 I found were enough to make me have to redo.

#2 - It is possible to drag a step only as far as what is visible on the screen. It would be HUGELY helpful to go much further.

#3 - I'd like to be able to change the title of an email right within the list of steps rather than all the click throughs of editing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending automated emails - and no benefits yet, as I only yesterday completed the setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Strategic Project Manager
What do you like best?

I like the many different features that Active Campaign offers. Being able to segment out the email data as well as you can with AC is great for knowing what's working and what isn't working in any marketing campaigns. The automations work well and they are great for our response times to our customers/potential customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one dislike I have is the time consuming nature of using the platform. Of course, I understand it's time consuming because of the many different features offered, but sometimes it feels like it takes a bit too long to set up a campaign. Although this is a dislike, I would rather this be the case and it takes me a bit more time than to not have as many options or features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Active Campaign for our email marketing and our auto-response emails to our clients and would-be clients. One problem that is consistently solved is learning what works best for our email marketing tactics. Being able to see the data that is presented allows us to know when the best time to send emails is, what type of messaging gets the best response, and things of that nature. Active Campaign has allowed us to reach a larger audience than we previously could. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mindset Coach
What do you like best?

I like how all-inclusive Active Campaign is. When I was looking for an operating platform, my then-business mentor recommended AC (right after they incorporated the landing page feature), so I decided to give it a try, and WOW -- now, 90% of all of my background work is done on this one site! Sending emails to my list, automations, landing pages + forms, tracking, all of it, it's such a relief to not need multiple operating platforms for each of these. I like how easy it can be connected to other platforms as well (I have it connected to my WordPress website). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm hesitant to say "dislike," but what was most challenging for me was, ironically, the same thing I like most: how inclusive it is. The first time I opened up the dashboard, my brain shortcircuited. There were so many options, so many features, and the community forum that answered questions always left me with more (simply because there's so much). After a call with an AC rep, I found the rhythm, and once you understand, it's incredible, but it is definitely an intense learning curve, heh. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My favorite features (and most often used) are definitely the Campaigns and Automations, but I've recently gained a deep appreciation for Deals as my audience has grown. They're so helpful! I've been manually tracking my clients, but after switching to Deals, I probably won't ever go back, haha. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enterprise Success Manager
What do you like best?

Activecampaign makes available a powerful set of features even at the starter plans. Each plan seems to have been created with its customers in mind because each feature set is a pre-requisite for the next. I never question the value I'm receiving from Activecampaign because I know if my goal is to leverage predictive sending, predictive content, and marketing attribution, I need to already have a strong foundation of landing pages, custom audience and contact scoring in place for those features to be effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that would help save some additional time would be a native preference center. Preference centers are created through automation and pages which requires a little more time, however, it also keeps it flexible so I can't say that is a drawback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Right now I'm starting out and working on building a customer base and digital marketing is a key piece of that. With Activecampaign I've been able to go beyond pop-ups and deliver on a complete digital marketing strategy and I've taken advantage of Activecampaign as a great partner, often getting advice when I don't know what my next step should be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

The thing I enjoy the most about ActiveCampaign is the ease of use and intuitive email automation. I've used several apps for clients to manage their email and ActiveCampaign is one of the easiest to learn and create automations that can get pretty complex, without feeling like it's one big mess. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside so far has been an occasional downtime issue where a tag was missed. The support was responsive and attempted to fix the issue within a few hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compared to the other platforms available and what they are capable of/easy to get used to, ActiveCampaign has a great bang for the buck. You can spend a lot more and get a lot less, and if you need to expand it's more than capable of scaling with you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mainly use ActiveCampaign to send email campaigns and establish email sequences and automations. I haven't explored the other features yet but they seem promising and something to grow into. I'm interested in digging into the CRM features and seeing how that works and how I can apply that to the business as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coach/ Consultant
What do you like best?

I am a complete newbie to email marketing and doing business in the online sphere. Active Campaign is pretty darn intuitive to use, and they have lots of useful tutorials. I'm certainly no expert, but I love the analytics, customization, I've been able to sync up with other services, and again, it's not a huge hassle for me to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features that I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes, but I'm sure with time and practice I'll get a better sense of everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed a way to jump start my email marketing, and Active Campaign is great for storing email addresses, sending out announcements, tracking who has opened and clicked links, who has unsubscribed and I just don't have to worry about deleting them or managing it- once they're in, they're in, and I can just do the work I need to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What i like best is the amount of things you can do and track with active campaign. There are so many ways to segment and tag. I'm new to email marketing but all of the possibilities is blowing me away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint may be the templates for creating a landing page can be a bit basic but still better than other companies i have tried in the past. Being new to this i really don't want to put much weight on this dislike as maybe I just don't know what i'm doing. But i wanted to be fair and offer a constructive criticism. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

comparing active campaign to my previous company used this is way above what I ever thought was possible. I'm really excited to dive in but also have a lot to learn as there is so much you can do with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Still working on this part as i'm in the planning stages of creating my campaigns and automations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Here there is a list of I like best: Easy to use. Active Campaing also provides a user-friendly interface that allows to novices to build, monitor and assess campaigns and their related flows. Simplicity, intuitive page desing and drag-and-drop features provide a good level level of comfort that cannot be found on other platforms. Moreover I can mention easiness of the process and usability of the solution. Good customer services (reactive and ready to help). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is what I dislike: even if we sent only a limited amount of email, quite a few of them went in spam. We don't spam anyone and it was quite weird for use to discover it. This is an area where it would be great to invest some people and financial resources. It would be great to connect email accounts with active campaign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would reccomend to try the product first (obviously investing a little bit of time), get in touch with the company, follow their webinars and community of experts. Take time to try and experiment with custmers while using different types of funnels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Active Campagn, I better personalize the way I connect and support our users and community. In terms of benefits, I can certainly mention the following: easiness of usage, simple way of segmenting users, excellent and intuitive user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Copywriter
What do you like best?

I've used AC in a company and as a solo entrepreneur too, it's perfect for both uses. The things I like the most are:

- the amount of features

- the possibility to control a funnel from A to Z with a single tool

- the ease of use of almost everything Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the tagging system can generate confusion: I'm struggling to find a good way to use tags and I think AC could providing a tagging system more user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest to start with the free trial and then subscribe for the minimum plan, probably you don't need all the features at the beginning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can collect, contact, manage and check the status of all my contacts under one single tool. AC has given a boost in my marketing strategy and it helped me to get in contact with a lot of leads easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner