GoDaddy Website Builder Reviews & Product Details

What is GoDaddy Website Builder?

GoDaddy Website Builder is an online editing and publishing tool that helps you create a website, regardless of your technical skill level. Just create an account, pick a design and use the built-in editor to add your own images and text. You can make your website as simple or complex as you'd like. You can even add a full online store complete with product listings, coupons, shopping cart, shipping and multiple payment options.

GoDaddy Website Builder Screenshots

GoDaddy Website Builder Profile Details

GoDaddy Website Builder Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Marathi, Modern Greek (1453-), Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
GoDaddy
Description
GoDaddy offers everything you need to make a name for yourself on the Web, from domain names and website builders to complete eCommerce solutions.
1997

1-25 of 62 total GoDaddy Website Builder reviews
Integrated Marketing Associate
Environmental Services

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. The system offers easy website building platform but still allows you to add html if needed.

What do you dislike?

I do t like you can't add a live chat in the new go central version. I also wish they allowed you full website code access.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your someone who like to do things yourself, save time and money this is the right product for you. I would recommend this product to anyone.

The problems we have faced in the past with having someone else in charge of the website is the time it takes to make changes. When. we want to make a website change we log in and make the changes instantly. This allows us to keep up to date on all promotions we want to run.

Director
Education Management

"An Easy Tool for the Clueless"

What do you like best?

I have no idea how to make a website, however this tool as well as their customer service made it actually possible. Our webiste hadn't been updated in years and it was very embarrassing. But now I have a page that actually reflects my current company, helps to advertise and provide information to new and exhisting customers.

What do you dislike?

The templates are somewhat generic, but overall I have very few complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add as much personal touches as you can, or else your website will end up very generic looking. Use their templates but make it your own!

I needed a webiste! It helps new customers find and learn about our business and provides information and updates to currect customers.

Pastor
Religious Institutions

"Not Vary Easy"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy is great for people who want a cheap option. It is kind of a one-stop shop for everything you need while building a website. You can get your domain there and then use the site builder to make it how you want with little time invested.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how complicated it can be to do all the things you need. In fact, I spend a lot of time watching YouTube videos to figure things out which is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please make this more user-friendly. I hate having to scour the internet just to figure out how to do small things on your site.

I am able to build sites easily and with little time once I get into the groove and figure out all the quirks of using GoDaddy Website Builder.

"A good enough website builder but too few templates"

What do you like best?

All the features and functionalities are quite intuitive. Very easy to use and instructions are quite understandable. I don't have any design experiences or website experiences but I did manage to create a new website (and impressed my manager).

What do you dislike?

The HELP is not helpful. You need to lean on the support of the community. And unless you pay, the free trial's help section is mislinked and always redirected to an error page. Which is funny for a website builder service. Too few templates and not that flexible for customization. Many websites will turn out to be the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you consider cost the most important, then go to this product.

Building a quick website for a new launch product. This is only a trial so we dont want to invest much yet. So far GoDaddy is the most affordable.

AL

"Go Daddy Experience"

What do you like best?

I love that it has standard templates that you can choose from but also has a variety of templates based on your industry.

What do you dislike?

I run into problems all the time with GoDaddy where updates may occur and you don't get any notice with it. I end up sitting on customer service forever asking why the bar on the top of my page has changed colors and now I can't get it to go back to the way it was. When it works, its great, but when it's broken its super frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use the template, understand that you can't make small detailed changes like the exact color of your logo, its based on what colors are available for that template.

An easy and cheap website builder for our non-profit organization. It's much easier than paying out of pocket for a website coder. Its simple, and to the point.

Senior Test Automation Engineer

"GoDaddy Website Builder"

What do you like best?

We can create a website and get it live in a matter of minutes.

It’s super easy to use this website builder.

Its pricing plans are very cheap in comparison to some competitors

We have used go-daddy Website Builder to purchase different domains and the experience was too east and quick. Also have used their web hosting plan to host some of the client websites. As said there plans are not very cheap but above average compared to competitors.

What do you dislike?

Not much creative freedom available.

Sites aren’t as visually appealing as other website builders’

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Only suggestion will be if you wanting to buy domain then give it a try.

We have used godaddy Website Builder to purchase different domains and the experience was too east and quick. Also have used their web hosting plan to host some of the client websites. As said there plans are not very cheap but above average compared to competitors.

UT

"GoDaddy Website Building experience and Review"

What do you like best?

The platform is a great option for the small companies with the basic set of features and budget-friendly price. If you are looking to buy only Domain Name then Godaddy can be an Excellent choice for you but for Web Hosting I would rate them (2 out of 5).

What do you dislike?

Web hosting speed is very slow. As we all know that Nobody like to visit a Slow Loading Page/Website so in that case it is a bit behind than user requirements.Another important thing is Bad customer support. Whenever you'll complain about bad hosting they'll tell you to upgrade Hosing Plan. If you will host more than one site then Forget about your Website loading. Sometimes it may take around 5–10 minutes or may show you an error. Godaddy say that they offer 99% up-time Guarantee but as per my experience I found my Website to be Down-time most of the Time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are finding cheap offers for starting something new then without any doubt it is great for label price. If you want some great customer support and looking for great website hosting then just give try to Godaddy, may be it is suitable for you.

I was willing to create a Personal blogs and for that I was looking for a Company which can provide Domain Name as well as hosting at an affordable cost. No doubt Godaddy is cheap if you are planning to start something new on your own but with that price tag it comes with some problems. It was my first experience of using my own domain name, it surely helped me a lot. "CHEAP" that's the only main benefit i got.

"GoDaddy Website Builder Review"

What do you like best?

I like the low cost to use the service (it is far cheaper than most website builders out there) and I also appreciate that it is more legitimate than things like Wix.

What do you dislike?

While it is more legitimate than most, it is a bit more complex in terms of navigation and getting used to the features. Once you find your way through all the tools, it makes you feel like you are actually designing a website via code rather than using a website builder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend GoDaddy Website Builder to someone who has time to play around with features and get used to the product. Also, I would recommend it to someone who really needs the website to look more professional and self made than what other companies offer.

I used GoDaddy Website Builder to build a personal website that I could use when applying for jobs. As for benefits, the main benefit is that I can go in and make changes and update the site every so often pretty easily.

Commercial Producer, Editor, Videographer, GFX artist most recently Promotions Producer
Broadcast Media

"Go daddy is the website builder for all beginners "

What do you like best?

What i like best about go daddy is the user friendly interface, if you want to build something from scratch you can, and its very user friendly. you can have a site up and running no time. I like the easy feeling it gives me when i have my own website to show people. I will be using the program again

What do you dislike?

there is really nothing that i dislike about the website builder, everything is so straight forward, you can have a website up and running in as little as 10 minutes, but I do wish they had more template options . It can be tricky as times as to where to put your things, but overrall i really like the program

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe that go daddy should have more options for certain businesses, the website can be a little tricky and first, but once you get the hang of the program, building was actually a breeze to work with, If I was to use this long term, I would like for these problems to be addressed, but it seems to me go Daddy is heading in the right direction

we can build things in the website, and just give our client the link for review, so its easier for all parties .I can also edit things on my website and just show a client a link and they can see the changes right away. That is a big plus in my industy

"Should be Website Builder for Dummies!"

What do you like best?

The though of setting up my email on my computer sends me in to frantic anxiety. Build a website? Yeah right.... until I bought my first domain name. I saw the 30 day Free trial and figured "what the heck, I can't destroy anything!" I was shocked at how easy to use. It is so much fun and has a great stock of items.

What do you dislike?

Maybe have a tutorial somewhere talking about all the features available. Anytime I try to call in to someone, they are always trying to sell me something and when I do buy something, never give me the discounts they offer. Small price of aggravation for how happy I am with the web builder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would play around with it alot. Publish it and look at it from the web view and mobile phone view. Leave it up for a day or 2 before you change too much. Every time I change it, I like it more and more.

Communication and separating me from the flock. Easier to find me if I can point you to a place where you can leave me messages or see post, sales platform and just credibility.

Administrative Assistant
Environmental Services
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy guidance through setup"

What do you like best?

I liked that it offered various themes based on my company's product.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how much it cost to keep the site running for a year. I wish the cost was less.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest previewing your options with other website building software and then see which one caters to your needs. For me, GoDaddy offered a business level of support for my company's website which drew me to stay with them over the competition.

GoDaddy website builder offers the ability to schedule clients through software within the builder. This is helpful because I can't schedule multiple clients at the same time.

Self Employed
Writing and Editing

"Easy Website Build and Design "

What do you like best?

I like how the Website Builder is easy to use and allows high-quality website design without being time consuming.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have to reload the site because of a glitch. I am not sure if that is the Internet service or the GoDaddy server.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use, inexpensive, and very effective.

I have been able to help clients get a website set up and designed within a couple of hours. It is easy to update and add content as well. It has saved time and made marketing more effective and efficient.

Crafter and shop owner
(Myself Only)

"Great for small businesses "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and customize. Perfect for small businesses or home based businesses. Super affordable.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have much that I dislike about this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a website builder that is user friendly and affordable then this is the way to go!

I solved the issue of ordering. I no longer have to create invoices. I am able to send my customers to my website and ordering is much easier.

"Assistance and guidance from the start in all steps of site design"

What do you like best?

The drag-and-drop interface of the tool is incredibly easy to use and allows users of the two most advanced plans to seamlessly switch between the desktop and mobile versions of their site. Maybe the best thing is buy the highest level Business Plus plan because also includes a social network administrator with a single click and SEO tools to make your newly created site stand out.

What do you dislike?

The lack of network adjustment functionality makes design a tedious process, especially for non-developers or designers and the main site builder doesn’t include anything for eCommerce, but you can use a separate online store builder

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can not change between them without losing your content. This could be more annoying than a decisive factor, so be sure to choose your subject carefully before committing completely....

If you get stuck at any time, you can contact your experts 24 hours a day, seven days a week by phone, email or live chat.

Sales Team Lead
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

What I like best about GoDaddy website builder is all the different options that they have available for building your own website. There is so much to choose from and the site is very easy to maneuver through.

What do you dislike?

While working with the GoDaddy website builder I can honestly say that I have not found any specific dislikes with the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend the godaddy website builder to anyone considering using it. It is so easy that anyone can use it!

By using the GoDaddy website builder I have been able to provide more information about the company to both our current and potential customers.

(Myself Only)

"Easy Platform, Frustrating Service"

What do you like best?

I do like the ease of use of the platform itself. Building a website is generally "fairly" weasy through GoDaddy, although not the simplest out there. You do need some knowledge going into the initial setup.

What do you dislike?

Customer support and ease of accessing it is lacking a bit. Particularly when you are someone like me who manages multiple GoDaddy accounts for several clients. It would be much easier to have a way to consolidate them as an administrator. And some days GD likes your user name and some days it only likes your customer number. Appreciate the levels of security, but it can get cumbersome when juggling so many accounts at one time. Really dislike the mail box portion as it's functionality is hit and miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework and always start with a free trial to know if it is right for you!

Easy website build, easy for others to help maintain.

"Simple & highly reliable Web hosting service"

What do you like best?

For the newbies to the space, Godaddy is a great option to start with, for purchasing domains & web hosting. It's quite easy to setup & highly secure.

SSL certificates, email & office services are good enough to be considered.

Though some of its features lack a little depth, GoDaddy’s GoCentral is a perfect solution for any individual or small business looking to get online without all the long-winded hassle and fuss.

What do you dislike?

It's priced on the higher end compared to its competitors. The brand name works in its favour than differentiation from alternatives. IT guys who are well aware of this web stuff can go with cheaper options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a newbie, not on budget or it's just 1-2 sites, just go with Godaddy. But, if you are well aware of the web stuff, you may go for cheaper options for domain registration & hosting

Godaddy is reliable & offers great support.

We needed to quickly purchase a domain & host the website for a product launch and we found Godaddy highly reliable & easy to setup. comparatively though the price is greater

website developer

"A most established website builder and web hosting service"

What do you like best?

Go daddy is extremely user friendly and easy to use. It helps you create websites from scratch and go online in minutes. It is extremely economical and has a free trial too. It is useful for all kinds of websites.

What do you dislike?

It has limited editing features. It does not provide much creative freedom. It also does not help you build password protected pages efficiently.

Go daddy has an SEO wizard that helps you choose vocabulary which helps you rank higher in google searches. It has an uptime of about 99.99%.

"GREAT PLATFORM!!! "

What do you like best?

There are MANY platforms out there that provide the same service and Go Daddy is not the cheapest, but they are worth EVERY penny,. The customer service is outstanding and getting someone on the line is easy.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of I dislike about their hosting service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definatelly recommend GoDaddy. Like I mentioned before, they may not be teh cheapest, but they are definatelly the absolute best in the industry.

You need to have a service provider to host your website and in my opinion GoDaddy is the BEST in the market.

UG

"Bad idea"

What do you like best?

I really can't find anything redeeming about this software.

What do you dislike?

It gives people with no graphic design, development, or user experience sense to think that they can create a great website because "it is so easy".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't get this software because you are fooled by the advertising that anyone can build a website in-house. If you want a professional looking website, go to a professional, and not a fake professional who will actually secretly build your website using one one of these tools but then bill you the same as a professional who actually takes the time to design and code your site properly.

Nothing is solved with this software. Some clients are duped into believing that a professional looking site can be created "easily" with GoDaddy website builder. That is so misleading it borders on false advertising.

"not bad, but not nimble"

What do you like best?

It was easily set up by our web designer, and has functioned without error since then (18+ mo).

What do you dislike?

There are 3-4 steps to log in, just to the email; there seem to be no shortcut, even though it's the only way we use this service.

We would like to connect other Windows products we've purchased more recently to our Outlook account via GoDaddy, but no one seems able to help us with this.

We had to have a reliable platform for our website, and we have it. Everything is consistent.

"Easy to build you website in one day!"

What do you like best?

Go Daddy's website builder is very user friendly and easy to use. There are a ton of pre-built templates to get you started. They are sorted by category and cover many industries. If you need to change fonts and colors you can also do so. Easy to add images. Excellent customer support.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike with GoDaddy website builder. A domain is not included in the cost so you would have to pay for one separate. However the cost is low to do that. If you are an advanced user in web design then this product is not for you.

Not solving any business problems. Using it to market our business and products.

"Just few Drag and Drops and your websites will be ready"

What do you like best?

Godady's website builder let you create your website within few minutes. you can just drag and drop element as per your needs and you are good to go. It has many predefined templates to provide you with a good starting point for project.

What do you dislike?

You can only run client side java script, server side scripting is not possible, which it required for business logic executions. Still very good for static or limited use websites.

We have created multiple websites for our clients using GoDaddy website builder.

Correspondent

"Requires basic html knowledge "

What do you like best?

The best part about building a website with this program is that everything is customizable, as long as you know the right code to create it. I also liked how easily you can incorporate Dreamweaver as well.

What do you dislike?

While I liked that you start with a blank slate, that’s also what I disliked. Using this program requires basic knowledge of html to say the least, it’s definitely not for a newbie.

Main benefit is that you have the option to create a truly unique website. One that works for you.

AI

"GoDaddy is easy to use, with a little setup help."

What do you like best?

GoDaddy has a lot of content throughout onboarding and on their support site which makes it easy when you run into issues. There's a lot of functionality.

What do you dislike?

The problem is that you run into issues frequently, as with most website builders. When you're starting out, it's not very intuitive to navigate so you end up having to go to the help center to figure out how to execute/build certain things.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're building a basic site, then GoDaddy works. But if you want to have a lot of custom elements and more flexibility, I would opt for another product.

I'm building a blog, and the templates available are really well-done, and easy to put together on the frontend.

GoDaddy Website Builder Features

8.4
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.6*
* Website Builder Category
Do you work for GoDaddy Website Builder?

GoDaddy Website Builder Comparisons