Snagit Reviews & Product Details

Snagit Overview

What is Snagit?

Snagit’s image and video capture is powerful, but not complex. You’re in control of everything you capture, right down to the pixel. All-in-One Capture® grabs your entire desktop, a region, a window, or a scrolling window from any webpage or application—all with a single hotkey or click. Take the hassle out of creating images and videos. Capture your screen, edit images, and deliver results.

Snagit Details
German, English

Quickly create images and videos to give feedback, solve a problem, or show off something cool.

TechSmith

Test Lead
Adjunct Faculty
Education Management
Agile Quality Assurance Analyst
What do you like best?

SnagIT creates great screen shots that I can use to make my documents/presentations look even better. The ability to edit the screenshot right away is important to me. It's easy to use and learn and teach others. I've been using SnagIT for years, and couldn't do my job with out it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything, I've been using SnagIt for so long it's something I'm used to and need every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a screen capture software that is easy to use and gives you high quality screenshots, SnagIT is a great product for you to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to take screenshots that help me build quality training presentations, documents and instructions. We have to blur out a lot of information due to HIPAA, and it is so easy to do this on our screenshots with SnagIT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Snagit is one such tool that i use daily for screen capture, record and editing. It has all the best features available to make it a standout application among others. It has all the prebuilt shapes, comment bubbles and more colors to highlight specific part of the screen. We can simply set shortcut keys to easily capture a screenshot or do a screen record as per our choice. We can easily share the captured image without even downloading or saving the image. Its library feature is just awesome. We can find screen captures or recording videos for more than 30 days. Sharing it to google drive or drop box is just one click away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application freezes and crashes while capturing any screenshot and this happens once in a while. It consumes lot of memory by running in the background all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best screen capture application available in the market. It makes editing and highlighting the details in the capture so easy and elegant. This is a must have application in any organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We found a perfect solution for editing screen shots with snagit. This provides the best editing and highlighting as required for a screenshot to convey the message easilt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is so great at screenshots that I asked for a license from my boss. I already had it on my personal PC since I bought it some time ago in a humble bundle for cheap and I really liked it, it just makes screenshots easier but when I was asked to document a process about API development in REST I knew I needed a license in my work computer, the time that has saved me so far is worth far more than the license price for sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I tend to use 2 screens and the Snagit editor window sometimes pop in the wrong one, it isn't a big deal but I have not found a way to always use the screen that I want to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For its price, it's totally worth it, no more suffering with paint and similar software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Screenshots and editing them as simple as that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr, Staff Software Engineer
What do you like best?

After taking the screen shot with the best instruments to show something on the display, spear, images, triangles and quadrants, a complete editor is included. It has more, but not many things so you're mistaken Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have to spend software so my employer offered for it. But I'm not trying to launch it for private use in my computer. The cost is quite costly, notably with free options such as greenshot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the hardest or most efficient but also expensive. There are almost as good free alternatives unless your enterprise pays or users like it very much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Taking images and sharing people with colleagues, particularly new ones who are aware of what they have to do because usually send a link to the video is much quicker than telling them where a particular feature of the X or Y platform lies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Image capture software, of the screen, where we have the possibility to manage our files as well as make quick edits, the same program saves the captures, thus also allows to make predetermined configurations of keys or signs to make the captures, adjust to programs, windows or predefined sizes before making the capture, we also have the possibility of making signs, markings or boxes, and we can even make video captures and upload them quickly to portals such as YouTube quickly, from the same program we can make selections and effects, possibility of previewing or removing the image from the cursor, in the video capture it has tools such as drawing region or window selections, as well as taking video from webcam and capturing the audio inputs either by line or the microphone in turn that the program will organize everything we save to find it quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When we use the hotkeys to capture it would be good to use quick distortion options in the images we take, as well as to make complete captures without drawing areas by default Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is very practical to use since as it has an intuitive interface, it is easy to mark the options, and the program is hidden at the moment of captures, it is useful to review the hotkeys to configure them to our liking when we make the captures Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we work in what refers to web design, it is very useful for us when doing the health tutorials and thus show with video or screen captures what we are doing and thus we are capturing what we are doing, to finally make a collage of the photos and put them together, along with other videos to make a demonstration video and immediately upload it, from there we proceed to publish it either on the site or on YouTube, which is where most of our clients are, when we draw the captures we mark and highlight the areas in order to make descriptions more exact, and if they are video we can change from the sound of the system or using the microphone, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Snagit is a very complete image and video capture software, since it has many options and tools that we commonly use and other more advanced ones, apart from different options for activating the capture or video that we need according to each project, such as they are. the option to capture an area, a window, or the entire screen, you can also select the area to be captured previously, this makes it very versatile, it also has options for saving or exchanging, selecting if finishing the capture we send it immediately to another program or failing that, just save it, the same has the option of adding multiple effects in the image, the same for video captures since we have the option of whether it is an area of the screen, webcam, window or a previously chosen selection, it also puts us the option to see or hide the cursor, the microphone or the audio, as well as the tool to send the captures directly to the editor to modify them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program has many things but I would like it to have more options such as managing the video quality and transforming it in order to reduce the weight of the files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend configuring the program's hotkeys well before using it to always have a correct operation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We always leave this program active by default since it works very well when making the image or video captures that we make daily since it allows us to immediately send them to the editor to insert instructions or modify it, in the same way we can choose on the audio, if we want the microphone active and what specific area of the screen is where we want to capture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, New Business
What do you like best?

It's so easy to use. Whether you are using keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste info or using it to capture screens to edit for notes or video; it's great. I rely heavily on this tool for business day to day. I originally bought it for creating user documents with detailed screenshot, but now its a dependency. Snagit offers a lot of tools like stamps; fills; call-out bubbles to draw a readers attention. I use it for staff inspiration emails to call attention to specific data and use the stamps and call-out bubbles a lot. Need a "Pow" or "starburst" image that is editable - snagit has it. So many graphics included to polish your email or other graphic documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing not to like. Every once in a while my IT team resets my profile and snagit disappears; first thing I notice. I miss it when it's gone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are creating documentation; procedure manuals or looking for stronger emails that you want people to read - check out snagit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Documentation with graphics, arrows and highlights. Daily capture of data I need to use to compare signatures or accounts against my document management system. It makes dual-screen-life a bit easier to manage with it's simple advantages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

A full editor included after you take the screenshot with the best tools needed to make clear of something in the screen, arrow, text, circles, and squares. It has more things but not many so you get confused Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price is quite expensive, especially with free alternatives like greenshot, I got to expense the software so my company paid for it, but I'm not planning to buy it for personal uses in my computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the easiest and most intuitive, but also it's expensive so unless your company pays for it or you really like it, there are free alternatives that are almost as good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Taking screenshots and sharing them with coworkers, especially to new guys who are getting to know what they need to do since usually is a lot faster to send a screenshot than to explain where is a specific function in X or Y tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

QA Analyst
What do you like best?

I love how easy to use, powerful, light, and flexible this tool is. The amount of editing tools that are provided are amazing and the flexibility of what you can do with your screenshots is unmatched by any other screenshot tool out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how infrequently the software gets updated but when there are big yearly updates they are usually great updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Demonstrating software issues to developers as well as teaching users how to use software. I have realized that this makes a screenshot 10x more powerful and visually helpful with the help of arrows, shapes, and other image editing tools Snagit provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Special Projects Executive
What do you like best?

Very easy to use.No learning curve. It will take you 5 seconds to learn how to use this tool.

It has a good number of features to make your life easy.

The toolbar is very user friendly.

You can edit the images immediately after the capture.

It has a folder name: "catalog" where all screenshots are saved for image or video.

The quality of the screenshot it's good as well as the video.

You can set parameters of exactly what you want to capture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike. It's a very good product. No learning curve. It will take you 5 seconds to learn how to use this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it; it's really a time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used it for several reasons:

1. To quickly capture key information from my screen in a way of image, video, or audio.

2.There are situations that I have meetings at the same time, so I record one of them to review at a later time.

3. Shoot videos to later use as a training tool for new products, software, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I started in Desktop Publishing, and when I went to tech writing, I still thought the best way to process images was with Photoshop. A tech writer co-worker showed me SnagIt, and I fell in love with its direct purpose and ease of use. I have since converted two other technical writers from Photoshop to SnagIt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only things I don't like is that the native Save file isn't a layered one, and there aren't any aligning capabilities. Also, I've found custom font usage to be cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't forget to go download some stamps! Be careful when resizing them though, they tend to snap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm taking quick screencaps and doing quick annotations, then publishing them into my documentation. The screen capture options and crosshairs are absolutely priceless - I can get the perfect border every time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mobile App Designer
What do you like best?

I love that this system is really simple to use while still allowing the more advanced user to step up their documents and other photos as well. The price for this is a flat fee where other photo editors require a monthly subscription. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish this platform did have a better way of working with transparency items or "smart" art where I don't have to zoom in as far as possible to quickly make items come off a page. Additionally, layering on SnagIt isn't as easy as Photoshop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great quick edit tool if you don't want pay for the cost of a monthly subscription and can do many basic editing features with multiple save formats. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use SnagIt for quick edits to graphics and photos designed for our virtual platforms and other mobility solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Distribution Planning and Support
What do you like best?

Snagit just works. It's not flashy. But it's got a suite of very useful tools and features that makes my workflow a breeze. From capturing and marking up screenshots for training purposes, recording video tutorials to providing basic image editing tools. It's versatile, powerful and extremely easy to use. My favorite feature is the ability to capture full vertical/horizontal websites. No longer do I have to capture multiple screenshots and stitch them together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I actually don't have any dislikes of Snagit. It works well. No complaints. There are sometimes issues with the vertical/horizontal screen capture feature, but as I don't use it too often it typically works when I need it go. You could say that the photo editing software maybe isn't as powerful as Adobe Photoshop, but that's not the point of this application. It gets useful tools into the hands of people without a design background. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an easy way to capture content for use in presentations, guides and communications, this is THE tool to have. Hands down, it's a game-changer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do a lot of work in PowerPoint, so I use Snagit primarily to snag *pun intended!* images from the web, screenshots of guides, marketing materials etc for my presentations. It's fast and makes it easy to cleanly snip images, edit them and get them into my presentation. Because it's so fast and intuitive it really makes my workflow so much easier to capture exactly what I need and make dynamic and engaging presentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have used Snagit for many years and I really couldn't do my day-to-day work without it. Not a day goes by without my having many needs for screen shots. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike...seriously! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have kept on top of Snagit's developments over the years and have appreciated their slow, but steady implementation of new features. There hasn't been any major functionality that I've needed that it doesn't provide and they listen when I have suggestions for new features. Ok, they don't always implement but I get it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to provide screen prints to show tech support what I'm seeing. I use it to show simple workflows for computer users who are having trouble going step by step. I use it to capture images for my website and I use it to provide screen information for governmental (FAA) filings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The features in the Snagit Editor are my favorite part. The ability to manipulate the image, or add arrows, comments or steps all is very easy to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price is higher than I would like, but was worth it in the end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great for admins or end users alike. Admins can show show to complete tasks, end users can use it to dictate the kind of issues they are having, or make guide images of their own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to easily make guides for my users on how to accomplish tasks or use new tools. I can then add this to our knowledge base for anytime access Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Executive
What do you like best?

I've been using Snagit for almost four years now and I like their new interface. Also, I like that it has the set of features enough to cover all the beads of my marketing team, and at the same time, the app is not hard to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It closes unexpectedly in the middle of capturing video and doesn't save it. It doesn't happen often but when it does it is very disappointing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to make screenshots and screencasts for marketing purpose. I am a CMO for a project management app. Snagit helps our support team as well to quickly make a video and send it to a client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.