Snagit Reviews & Product Details

What is Snagit?

Snagit’s image and video capture is powerful, but not complex. You’re in control of everything you capture, right down to the pixel. All-in-One Capture® grabs your entire desktop, a region, a window, or a scrolling window from any webpage or application—all with a single hotkey or click. Take the hassle out of creating images and videos. Capture your screen, edit images, and deliver results.

Snagit Screenshots

1-25 of 2541 total Snagit reviews
Technical Liaison II
Insurance
Most Recent Snagit Video Review
Specifying a remote support with Teamviewer makes me a better administrator

"My screen captures moments with Snagit"

What do you like best?

An innovative screen capture management tool, just for the sake of manipulating any moment, manipulating these images to achieve great documents for the story. as well as having a victorious result of said images taken by snagit. This tool has in particular the function of centralizing and capturing texts to be manipulated in the way we want. Additionally I like that this screenshot has an editor where we can edit images with other default images

What do you dislike?

The only bad point of this tool is that the editor is not effective, therefore to make an edition of an image already captured must be done with another program of editions, additional that if this tool is not guaranteed on a PC with good features of hardware the program is usually very heavy

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this tool when you want to have images you want under your power. This program apart from the editing of images you can make recordings to manage manuals or tutorials as you want. Install it to be a professional designer

Capturing screens in our company where we make it easier to have them through Snagit because only by having it as the default screens grabber it is easier to take screenshots. Many of our clients feel assisted with this tool.

Full Stack developer

"Capture It"

What do you like best?

SnagIt gives a nice variety of capture options SnagIt gives a nice variety of capture options Simple to use, yet extremely full featured, Snagit has helped my customer service team add extra value in their communication

What do you dislike?

They should had a button that basically gives the user the option to save photos much more simply Everything is pretty self explanatory and user friendly How long it takes for the program to launch the editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

once you learn how to use it though, it proves itself to be pretty useful Its great there's a learning curve and i dont believe they have a direct customer support line

It is easy to record processs and share with the team Snagit fits that profile, and is also cost effective. Allowing others to help with design type needs and better show the team what they are looking for with snag its for the designer and developer to then produce the actual product

Carlos Ibarra

"Best Screenshot and Screen-recording for my Team"

What do you like best?

I like that is very easy to use and the best part for me is that i can create any shortcode on my mac and immediately start capturing screenshots. I mainly use it for clients that don't know how to do certain things on his website or Cpanel account. Also my team gets benefited from this because i can give them clear instructions on how to perform certain tasks, and because it connects automatically to google drive i can then host this images/videos without using an extra service.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little bit of ram memory of your computer (my computer is 8gb ram). If i'm using snagit + other tools such as photoshop, parallels desktop or any other high resource program, your computer might get a little bit slow, but that's a problem you can always sort out. Also i give points off to the screen recording feature because is not that easy to edit those videos, sometimes i need to use another softweare such as screenflow for mac to do screen recordings.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice is to go for this software it will save you time and you'll get very pleased with it.

i use everyday to help my clints and my team get very clear instructions on how to perform a task. For example, how to navigate wordpress dashboard, how to use google analytics interface, how to set up an email account in your computer, how to give admin permissions on google properties such as analytics, search console, my business, google ads, etc. I can also attach these screenshots or videos on google drive for easy and collaborative sharing.

Ccleaner takes me every day to better the face of my PC

"Snagit, he prints moments of your screen"

What do you like best?

Snagit, is the best capture tool I've ever seen. I like how the screen takes all the time. I like how you look at your optimized design and photo editing. For a job you do, you can have the function to edit any image and expose it as you wish. The most curious thing about the tool is that it can design what we want at all times

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the tool sometimes has an imbalance in the captures, since sometimes it stops responding the same. Therefore, if you do not start the tool with both Snagit editor and capture tools, it stops working in its entirety. I do not like that it has the control of taking shots without previous desicion, and that each version brings its tools, while more innovated it is, it brings more tools of edition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend the tool for any work you want to perform to make manuals, additional to take into account designs that you want to make as a project by viewing from your screen images

I have taken and I already helped to take all kinds of captures. more than anything when they are to arrange them at work. When making a user manual is the ideal tool, since you can even take photos geometrically as you wish. Innovative like her, there is not. Now the tool has tried to give me options like taking the catches. but at my disposal and design I want to take them my way

I feel safe working with this tool at Oceanica de Seguros C.A

"the true photography of the cybernetics"

What do you like best?

This tool is a virtue, since it allows you to take a screenshot of any window or something that you need to take it as a specification, this tool is so precise that you can take a picture of your screen as you wish, it is quite complete and light. best of all is that the tool does not weigh much to install it in windows. It is recommended 100%. Thanks to her I have been able to deliver works to the day

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the tool depends on the snagit editor that opens to take the photo, and depending on the shot, I have to wait for the tool to take the photo and if it goes wrong I must take it again. The tool sometimes gets stuck and stops responding

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to take the best pictures of your life. Do it with this tool so that you feel much better for what you want, at work or in your daily life

With this tool, he made the best screenshot of my life. It has helped me to take what you want for my work management is important because I rely on creating remarkable results through emails

Gamification Strategist
Research
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Best screen capture and basic editing program for beginners"

What do you like best?

Snagit is incredibly user-friendly. Every basic tool is within reach and makes editing images really easy. Recent images are displayed in a tray at the bottom of the screen, which makes copying and pasting between images a cinch. The ability to crop out white space to adjust images for print is great. The ability to take timed shots is so important for capturing software interfaces. This software is great for the novice user and has some more advanced features for those who are comfortable doing more. My office uses this all the time.

What do you dislike?

I find the scrolling to be a little slow. I'm not sure if there is a way to speed it up. Also, I really think Snagit should consider adding in gridlines or guides so you can snap elements to reference point. That would make my work so much easier. And Snagit does not have editable layers. This is not the end of the world, but it would make certain complex edits easier if they existed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is definitely a great productivity tool. I would definitely recommend giving Snagit a trial run. The developers do poll the user community as they plan for new features. So you do have input on what the future of Snagit will look like.

For my office, at least, Snagit it provides a quick and easy way for departments to show how the software is behaving. Developers and QA document the expected behavior of software screens and how features are supposed to work. This is immensely helpful for me as a technical writer as I try to explain it to the user.

Marketing Coordinator

"Great for all kinds of screenshots"

What do you like best?

I love the editor! There is so much I can do with my screenshots in the editor without having to move them into another app (like Photoshop). The UI works really well for my use. I love having the tray of recent captures underneath my current canvas, where I can drag and drop captures onto the working canvas. I use the keyboard shortcut to start a capture several times a day, love having that option.

What do you dislike?

The scrolling capture function more often than not does not work for me, and I'm not sure why. It doesn't give an error message, just outputs a screen capture of a single screen instead of the whole scroll even if I've selected scrolling capture. Also they seem to have gotten rid of the precision capture feature (not sure what it was called, but it would show you a little zoomed-in inset of the corner of your capture so you could get it right to the exact pixel).

I use it a lot when reviewing design/layouts, to take a quick snap and mark up the image rather than try and describe it in words. Huge time saver. Business aside, I also use it pretty heavily for personal projects too - I will take screenshots of various light fixtures for instance, and drag them onto a picture of my living room, to see what they would look like before making a purchase.

Instructional Designer

"Everything you want it to do and more..."

What do you like best?

Snagit let's me make significant edits and improvements to images and documents with complete and total ease. The best part is the super easy to use interface. Snagit was designed with the user in mind. It's very easy to find what you need, even if you're not technologically inclined. I also love the ability to add annotations, call outs, and shapes. I also love how precise you can get with your screenshots using the cross hairs. I also love that Snagit has a library that allows you to search past screenshots.

What do you dislike?

There is really not much I don't like. I was running an older version (10 I believe), which was lacking a lot of the features that version 13 and beyond had. I guess if I had to pick something that some of the newer versions don't have is the ability to layer and more easily move elements around...but once you do that, you're starting to really encroach on Photoshop's turf!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get Snagit...you will not be disappointed. It's extremely affordable and you get a HUGE bang for your buck compared to similar software and freeware.

As an instructional designer, Snagit lets me make quick edits to screenshots and images without having to mess with Photoshop. Photoshop is great, but it can be a little clunky and time consuming to make quick edits, especially when prototyping. I use Snagit the most to anonymize documents. It's super easy to delete names, dates, and other personal information off screenshots and replace them with fake data. I've also used Snagit to reduce the size of images. Snagit is also very helpful when creating job aids with their step markers, magnify & blur features and call out arrows and boxes.

Informaticist
Higher Education
(10,001+ employees)

"Snagiit - Can't live without it"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, has everything I need to make educational materials and how to guides. I am really looking forward to being able to search through stamps in the next version. Great to be able to take multiple screenshots and then be able to create one image with them within Snagit.

What do you dislike?

Hard to sort/filter the options within each category. There are a lot of stamps for example which is great, but can take awhile to find the one I want. Would really like to be able to cut out around the shapes, not just a circle or square cut out. I want to be able to pull out specific areas of a screen shot , would be nice to have a snap to tool, that would find a particular shape.

Use for all of my educational materials, how to guides, new development designs, mock-ups. This makes it very easy for the users who will be building my design, to quickly see what my vision is. Great when I am observing an end user and see an error message to grab it. I can then have them re-create their steps and get additional screenshots along the way. This will show all of the steps and can be used by our technical support staff, to a)recreate the workflow b) troubleshoot the issue. c)determine if this is an end user issue/incorrect workflow OR if there is indeed a technical issue.

Snag It is a Great Utility..

"Snag It is a Great Utility"

What do you like best?

The best part about this program is the different types of tools that it allows I love the fact that it connects to my PrtScn button on my computer This tool is a Swiss Army knife

What do you dislike?

The old version allowed me to scroll capture easily, but I don't see where I can utilize this function anymore It used to be possible, now the picture stops in the viewing window. That is being a little picky, because it's great like it is now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Setup personalized hot keys and shortcuts You will love this product You will love this product

Snagit allows me to capture anything on my screen and edit it or add notes Taking screenshots on the computer. Making the document for my customers with the screen capture of the product

Technology Consultant
(Myself Only)

"This screen capturing software has made my life so much easier"

What do you like best?

It's really flexible in the areas you can record, how you capture the screen, has a lot of options to make sure you get the recording just the way you want it, and the built-in editor is a huge time saver. It also has a lot of formats you can save to, and a ton of sharing options.

What do you dislike?

There are times that the editor will just...not work. It may be due to my heavy usage of the software, or local storage issues, but it's a real bummer after I take the time to carefully plan and execute a recording, just to have it vanish.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I really have not found a more useful tool to use in my daily work. I 100% recommend at least going through the free trial - you've got nothing to use. I bought the software and it's worth every penny.

I use it every single day. I need screenshots for a ton of reasons - I write internal technical documentation for my company, have to record sessions for bug reporting, constantly need to snap images for software mockups, and send tutorials to my end users. This software takes care of all of my screen recording needs without having to bounce between software, or spend too much time editing images, and has WAAAAYYY more functionality than build in screencapturing or freebie software.

Owner and Social Media Strategist
Arts and Crafts
(Myself Only)

"Record your screen to make tutorial videos"

What do you like best?

SnagIt is an easy to use tool to record screen capture videos, perfect for tutorials and working with clients. I use it for all of my screen captures for tutorial videos for Youtube, Facebook, my online courses, and client coaching videos. TechSmiths tech support is very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes SnagIt needs an update and it can be cumbersome to sign back in and update. Also, you have to pay each year to renew the license. Sometimes, there is a sync issue with the audio and video when I import it into Adobe Premiere Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a high quality screen capture tool video, Snagit can do it!

I'm on a Windows computer and it has been difficult to find a video screen capture software for Windows. I found SnagIt after using one of TechSmith's other tools to create videos from PowerPoint slides. I've been a user for at least 9 years.

Marketing Advisor | Fleet Management Platform

"Good solution for the casual graphics artist"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows not just the capture of images (screen or a selected area) but allows the user to do some light editing of the image which means I don't have to rely on our creative designer for each and everything. It's also pretty intuitive and required minimal training to be productive. I can also save the image in a variety of different formats and sizes.

What do you dislike?

Some of the image edition capabilities are limited in capabilities. One of the features, I would like is to turn an image into a black and white image. Snagit does weird things in this case.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been a user for several years and as a marketer feel that I can do my job more successfully as a result of Snagit. I use it daily.

Snagit is great for screen captures and icon/image editing for the casual user that does not need in depth-creative abilities. It is much more intuitive than Illustrator or InDesign and other creative tools.

"Snagit - Quick and easy screen capture and image editing"

What do you like best?

The panoramic screen capture capability and the simple image cleanup/editing features are great. One of my colleagues uses the video capture capability and likes it very much. Finally, the price is very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet encountered anything in Snagit that I do not like. There is always a feature here or there that can be added to any app, but Snagit has the features I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want Photoshop-level editing capabilities for your screenshots, then use Photoshop. Snagit is the quick and easy alternative for all of us non-Graphic Designers - especially for the price.

Allows me to capture web and app images that are larger than the window/screen. Very helpful in our online purchasing processes. Although Preview in macOS does a decent job of simple image cleanup/editing, Snagit offers more capabilities while remaining simple to use. Some of our internal systems have very low limits on attachment file sizes, so Snagit helps me get the images I need to attach down to a manageable file size.

Software Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Essential software for screenshots and screenrecording"

What do you like best?

It makes easy and good screenshots every time, since the last few versions you can also record the screen

What do you dislike?

The only drawback I can find is that after screen recording the editing feature is a little limited but since it's not the main use of SnagIt I still this software is a solid 10/10

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The hardest time I had running Snagit was taking the Screenshot for verification you ask. If you want to show Snagit open preferences and there is a setting to hide Snagit while taking a screenshot

I have been using Snagit for over 10 years and is an essential part of every Windows and MacOS machine I built at work or at home.

MS Systems Analyst
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Best and powerful Screen Recording/Capture Tool"

What do you like best?

Snagit is best and powerful screen capture and recording tool with audio recording as well. It has many features like Grab Text, smart move, Text replace in latest version, Magnify, annotate, add animation etc. It has one more great feature to take a full page screenshot with scrolling to bottom of the document/web page.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike for Snagit, once you start using it you will definitely love it and enjoy using the tool. The only matter is a matter of Cost for licence. There should be a basic version available for personal use with limited features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a Snipping tool for your business which is easy to use and provide all such features snagit is best to buy and I am sure it suite all company needs. Nothing more I can say about it rather just enjoying the Snag it.

Snagit is very useful when it comes to a documentation parts for a business. Imagine you are creating a reference guide for any product and you know you will required screenshot of each an every page with multiple annotations. Some times you also required to be create a demo for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for your company product or personal reason, Snagit gives all such functionality which can complete all your need for business purpose. It has been very helpful while you are in meetings and you want to record someone's presentation or need to capture all required screens.

Sr. Information Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"Quick and easy to capture screens and elements on your screen"

What do you like best?

I like Snag-It's ability to capture screens and just about any element on your screen. Once you have the image captured, Snag-It has a lot of editing features you can use to modify an image, such as blurring personal data shown on the image, drawing tools used to add lines, and so much more.

What do you dislike?

The scrolling capture feature is a good feature, however it's not always easy to make it work properly, however when it works, it's great to have an image that was larger than your screen, and saves the time it would take to capture many images and paste them together to make one image.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For what it cost and the features it provides, I would buy it.

I have been using Snag-It for at least 20 years, back in the day when it was free. I use it to capture screens, and blur personal data so I can real-life screens in my documentation. I also use Snag-It's finite ability to capture small icons and other screen elements to use in my documentation.

Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Best tool for screen capturing"

What do you like best?

Previously , i used to take screenshot and then paste it into paint then modify it then again copy it then use it in my documents or wherever its applicable.Now snagit reduces all my effort. we can capture the text/image or any screenshot and save it as an image. then use it whereever it is applicable like in documents or showing to the customer or capturing the bugs and so on.

What do you dislike?

I dont find any dislikes about this tool . simply go for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fast and easy way to capture the image and the image can be exported in any excel , word or powerpoint. best tool for documentation purposes .

I strongly recommend this tool to use.

Snagit is beautifully designed,efficient and reliable app which makes our work easier ,we can also captured videos by using snagit editor . Which can store all the images in the specified folder and we can also apply a favorite visual filter .Very fast and easy way to capture the image.

Manager of Self-Service and Content
Internet

"Best screenshot app I've ever used"

What do you like best?

Snagit has an excellent UI - intuitive, nice to use

A great array of tools and effects, including text detection!

Makes sharing across all my tools incredibly easy.

Love the library and ability to tag and categorize my images for easy access

What do you dislike?

Would like more control over how images are stored and saved - e.g., doing a Save As so I can name the image and upload to my DAM creates a duplicate image to the one in the Snagit library. I'd rather just have the named file which can be referenced by Snagit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Snagit has a diverse feature set - it's much more powerful than tools like Jing, Monosnap, or CloudApp (which I also like) - so if you need something more than those apps but less than photoshop, Snagit is an excellent choice.

Creating a catalog of app screenshots to use in our knowledge base, and for use across our content team (to ensure consistent image size, quality, annotation style, etc). Snagit does high-quality images, with very easy to use editing options. I can also send images and captured videos directly to Camtasia, which we use for creating training and how-to videos for our users.

Weekend Meteorologist
Broadcast Media

"Efficient & Functional Content Capturing"

What do you like best?

I like the simple ability to add text and arrows onto captured content. It is a quick way to modify and spruce up content before sharing, and more efficient than any other software. I also appreciate that previous captures are saved in the snagit editor, which allows me to copy and paste text or designs from other screenshots.

What do you dislike?

Adding the potential to possibly share images directly to social media platforms would increase work flow and minimize the second step of sharing images.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend trying out the different capture settings. Different people will prefer different ways to capture, whether using the "all-in-one", "Image", or "video."

It allows me to add text to graphics from other softwares and locations more quickly before sharing them online. It is the most streamlined way to get from a screen capture to the web, using only one application to capture, edit, and export the image.

Customer
Automotive

"How Snagit helps with Customer Service Operations"

What do you like best?

SnagIt integrates well with our company and my team. The fact that you can setup hotkeys makes it feel like the software is everywhere you need it to be.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike,.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you run a CS team where you interact by email, provide training, produce webinars and create videos, then you need to use Snagit. When capturing a picutre, you can add a bunch of modifications to the image. For example, i want a client to look at a screen and be able to know where to go. I can add on the screenshot some arrows, and some number sequences and even add a comment box. I can change the colors of all these items to brand it with our company colors. In a video, i can easily re-watch the video that i took, pause it, esily cut out a part that i no longer want to keep in the video and carry on. The tutorials that they give on new version and small updates and features that you haven't used are really clear and well done.

With the ability to take screenshots with snagit, we can provide them in our emails back to our clients to help improve our documented procedures. Using the video ability along with screencast helps us make quick videos for our clients and saves us from having to phone them. These benefits alone are worth paying for the SnagIt software.

Mr
(Myself Only)

"Snagit an exceptional screen capture software"

What do you like best?

If you are looking to capture images, websites, video games or video clips, Snagit is the best solution because it has a number of tools that can help. Snagit is unique and easy-to-use screen capture program can capture almost every type of image and has best editing capabilities.

The image and video capturing side of

Snagit is impressive and incredibly simple to use, it has robust editing tools on offer as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislike because snagit provides everything I need for a capture utility, video editing etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try and you will never regret you did

I Use snagit to capture because it handles all capturing quickly and easily. I can also capture the whole screen, certain sections of running programs, or a custom area with just a few clicks, and then automatically share them to a range of popular online services.

"Good Screenshot with photo editing app"

What do you like best?

Taking screen shots is easy. You can select the entire screen or a portion of the screen. The app automatically selects the active window but you can modify that by dragging the mouse. Once the screen shot is completed you can add text, arrows, highlights, and even erase undesirable items in the background.I also love how I can cut out both horizontal and vertical sections of a picture with a few quick mouse clicks.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It serves my purpose. If I need to do a lot of tweaking on a picture, I will use a different program but for basic manipulation of screenshots, Snagit works well for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Snagit also takes videos of your screen. You can set the to delay the screen capture by 1, 3, 5 or 10 seconds so that you capture any drop down menu items you want to show. It also will capture the location of the mouse but as a floating element so that you can move it or remove it with ease. There are government and educational discounts. Plus if you are buying in bulk for your company, the price lowers based on the number of licenses you purchase. Additionally, the people who run Snagit really care about education which matters to me as a teacher.

To help my students better understand a text we are reading, I will find images online and use Snagit to capture those images, compile them into one picture/graphic and will often add text to help my students comprehend the action. There are also times I have taken a screenshot of a document that has steps and have used the numbers and highlighter in Snagit to really emphasize the steps.

"Brilliant tool for taking and annotating screenshots, and videos"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can continue taking screenshot after screenshot, without losing what you're working on, by using the hotkeys. It's very easy to add text to images, and blur details you want to hide. The cropping is simple, and you can crop different shapes, depending on the image. For video recording, you can set a timer which means you can prep the screen in readiness for the recording to begin.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product! I have been using it for years, with multiple organisations, and it has been fantastic. I am really struggling to think of anything that I dislike!

I use it for everything from sending screenshots to customers, to producing technical documentation about our products. It works well for just taking a quick screengrab to put in an email, to editing an image for a make it suitable to include in a formal spec document. I keep Snagit running in the background on my laptop all day, and use my selected hotkey to take a quick screenshot whenever I need it.

"Captura tu pantalla siempre que puedas"

What do you like best?

Snagit tiene la capacidad de realizar captura de pantalla tanto en imágenes como en video esto fue agregado en sus ultimas versiones, tiene una gran cantidad de utilidades para personalizar a fondo todos los print de pantalla que son tomados, podemos insertarle texto, formas y figuras para darle un valor agregado a la imagen que es tomada. Cuando se toma la foto a la imagen esta se almacena temporalmente en el software para poder usarlo luego, hay que tener cuidado de respaldar la imagen o guardarla en otro directorio para no perderla. El programa se ejecuta en segundo plano así que cuando pulsamos la tecla Print de nuestro teclado el se ejecuta automáticamente, no ocupa mucho espacio en memoria y no ralentiza el sistema operativo. No solo es posible personalizar las imágenes tomadas con el programa, también se puede tomar una imagen de nuestro disco y abrirla con Snagit para darle los respectivos toques técnicos.

What do you dislike?

Hay que tener cuidado al momento de tomar las fotos ya que si las dejamos por mucho tiempo en la biblioteca del programa este las limpia, es posible ajustar este parámetro en las opciones del programa, el software no es libre por lo cual hay que pagar por el, se ha optado por el software integrado en windows para hacer los print.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

El programa cumple muy bien con su función y tienen una gran cantidad de herramientas para la edicion de imágenes, por reducción de costos se decidió usar el software que trae windows, sin embargo no lo dejo de recomendar a toda la comunidad tiene una gran capacidad de personalización y el ordenamiento de las imágenes es excelente.

En un principio usamos Snagit como nuestra herramienta para tomar los print de pantalla para realizar soportes, elaborar manuales, pero para ahorrar costos en la compañia se decidió usar el programa que ya viene incluido en windows.

Snagit Pricing