BugZilla's ability to allow collaborative work among team member with ease of tracking and periodic updates/comments is one of its best features. Moreover, BugZilla's easy to use interface is an ice-cake for newbie testers and developers who are just starting bug tracking/testing and fixing.
And yes, it is OpenSource so you don't have to pay a penny to use its any or all features! It has numerous other features like :
- Its database capability is well optimized for speedy performance and scalability.
- Strong security and data privacy.
- Robust search and filter tool that can even remember your searches for future usage.
- Integrated email capabilities. User profile and preferences.
- Role based permission and privileges for different level of users.
- It is widely and successfully used by Mozilla, world's leading browser with millions of users.
As mentioned earlier, its easiness, clean UI, remote team collaboration: these features are enough for a user to choose this tool :)
I have been contributing to Mozilla's Firefox browser and FirefoxOS bugs verification, testing and fixing using BugZilla. This tool helps me collaborate with my test team located remotely (across different countries) and we work in real time. BugZilla has all features that any big global team of bug testers would look for.