Canto

Canto

Canto's digital asset management technologies enable organizations to manage digital content.

Work for Canto?

Learning about Canto?

Canto Reviews

Ask Canto a Question
Showing 219 Canto reviews
Bethany R.

"Canto - User Friendly and Great for Organizing!"

What do you like best?

Canto has made organizing, tagging and storing our image library really easy. The drag and drop feature for uploading images is great. We can add or delete users pretty easily, and being able to manage individual access privileges based on their job is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

I only have a few things I would like to have added and or fixed. If we could customize the platform with more of our company branding, that would be really nice. Also, the preview images on the lightbox view could have a larger option. Mainly, I wish I could alter file names once things have been uploaded. I try, but the changes never actually take.

We have a large team of creative professionals adding to and being able to re-use easily findable images images on Canto every day. Out of the three DAM's I have used, this one is by far the best.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Canto
Amanda B.

"User Friendly Digital Asset Management"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting up and customizing our Canto system was outstanding. A brief training and quick webinar, I was able to easily fully set-up and custom our site. The additional user training was also very effective and easy to understand. Our staff was uploading, searching, and sharing files almost immediately.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced features (like portals and integration) were not as well explained. We've been told that they were possible, but not trained on them as part of the onboarding process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dive right in! We spent a lot of time discussing our set-up and how we wanted our structure to be, but really Canto is flexible and fluid enough that we could have just started uploading and then easily changed what we needed to once we had a better idea of our structure.

Our organization has thousands of media files that were difficult and time consuming to search through and share. We also weren't able to easily link files together (ex: image release forms and the photos that they belong too). Canto has made the process of searching for and sharing file must easier and more user friendly for internal and external clients. The feature of linking files together has also solved our problem of how to keep image release forms or testimonials together with the correct images.

Additionally, we plan to add brand assets, templates and print-on-demand files into the DAM so that our organization always has access to the current version of these pieces helping us to remedy the issue of how to keep our brand consistent.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Jeff W.
View Original November 17, 2017

"Canto to the Rescue"

What do you like best?

Canto has helped organize all of our digital assets in one convenient place that internal and external stakeholders can easily access. A simple upload process allows for less time spent on adding new assets to the tool and more time focusing on the more important aspects of my job.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to try and pinpoint noticeable negatives to this tool. It does everything I need it to do. If there was one thing that I could add to this tool it would be additional branding customization. There are current features that allow for this but taking it a step further would be ideal.

We have used this tool for over a year now and have found it to be a noticeable upgrade from the DAM tool we were using previously. All of the feedback that has come in from internal and external users has been overwhelmingly positive. The organization the Canto provides to our digital assets has saved our company countless hours that have been better spent elsewhere.

Jared W.

"Stepped Up Our DAM Game"

What do you like best?

We had been using a simplified asset management system, but realized we needed something more robust. Canto was able to deliver what we needed. We needed something that was easy to use, had the ability to add many users for internal access as well as the ability to share externally, and needed very good cataloging/search tools. It does all that and much more. Canto has been great for us as we now have all of our media assets in one place.

What do you dislike?

Mass uploading and going back in to organize + tag can be time consuming at the beginning. Also pricing was a big step up for us, but as we realized when your library gets big enough it is a necessity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a large library, be prepared for a significant amount of work initially when you first upload. There is a lot of organizing & tagging that needs to be done to get setup right. After that initial 'hump' it becomes easy to organize & tag as you go.

We're able to have all of our assets in one area and can be accessed both internally/externally. The ability to organize, tag, and search has sped up the process of searching for specific types of images or media.

Amanda C.

"Canto is an Efficient + Visual DAM System"

What do you like best?

First off, their customer service is amazing. I have a direct contact with someone at Canto and it's a breeze to get help with anything that comes up. Including questions that I have while I was discovering and learning the system.

Our company needed a DAM system that was advanced. We needed it to be visual, intuitive for the users and have detailed meta data, and info attached to the assets. Canto does it all plus so much more! Some of the best qualities about Canto are its visual set up, UX, meta tags, search capabilities and organization.

We are extremely pleased with the system.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the bulk uploader app. I thought it would save me time, but in the end everything got uploaded at once so I've had to go back and add all the tags, descriptions and information to the files. In retrospect I would have uploaded it in batches so I could add all the info at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be organized in your initial set up, it will make a huge difference.

B2B sharing, asset organization, internal asset sharing. It has helped our company be more organized with our content.

Gio W.

"A "DAM" good decision! So much better than Dropbox"

What do you like best?

The best part about Canto, for us, is the Portals feature. They're perfect for us to provide individual dealers with the authorized assets they need, while keeping our internal non-client ready assets separate. We also love the self registration feature which allows us to control who is able to gain access through an invitation code.

What do you dislike?

The UX is not always intuitive for new users. It's unique from other similar products, so there can be a learning curve for the less savvy. Our customers are less technologically inclined, and don't always understand how to do the basics. it takes some training to catch them up to speed, but afterwards, they're usually able to fend for themselves.

Canto has really helped our business with the management and dissemination of digital assets. This had long been a pain point for us. I researched a lot of DAMs on the market but couldn't justify most of their pricing. Canto accomplishes what we need at a great value. While the UX can sometimes be a little challenging, I've seen continuous improvement since signing with them, which tells me they're listening and investing in their product.

Adam F.

"Canto for the Win!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can mass upload thousands of files at once with tags and meta data, and then once they are uploaded type in just a single word and find all files needed. Canto has really simplified file finding. It is super easy to set files as pending or approved so that only the right eyes are able to view and approve files that can then be available for the entire team to access. The mass upload app works like a dream and you can basically upload your entire server all at once if you need to.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the navigation on the left side of the site, it feels a little clunky for the streamlined look of the website, but it isn't really necessary to use it when there is the ease of typing in a keyword and getting exactly what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use the free trial period Canto provides before signing up. Upfront you may feel overwhelmed with the setup of tagging files and adding meta data, but once you put in a little time, you will see the huge benefits.

We are solving the problem of wasted time looking for flies. What used to take 10 minutes can now be done in seconds. The benefit of putting time in upfront to name and tag everything appropriately helps sort through 1000s and 1000s of files when you need them at the click of a mouse.

Rob C.

"Canto after 2 + years"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, time to implement, user interface, and cost. Constant updates. Support team is also great.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a little more customization in client portals.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The support we have received both working through problems, questions we had, as well as feature requests we've had has been outstanding. The system is easy to get started with.

The Canto team has been very supportive and have addressed every issue that we've brought up. Some of my early complaints were addressed in software updates, which regularly improve on features and functionality.

The main reason we selected Canto over a number of others we had studied was it's ease of use, price, and interface. We wanted something that looked clean and was easy to use, otherwise we'd be fighting not only our clients but our in-house team to use. No one likes working with ugly software. Canto hit it out of the park on all three categories.

Giving the ability of others in our marketing firm to search through our photo library (and video, branding images, etc) quickly and easily. We have also rolled out portals to a clients cutting the need for them to ask us to find photos and email them.

Rachel B.

"Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

Canto has saved me countless hours. I am keeping up on keeping detailed tags, so I knew I will be able to locate that file easily for years. It takes the stress out of trying to remember where things were put.

What do you dislike?

The functionality is a little hard to get used to. It took a learning curve to get used to how the files were organized but it wasn't too hard to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Has already saved me countless hours!! Instead of searching the a non-searchable server for hours, I can immediately search and find exactly what I need. Where time is money, it is tremendous help to a business.

The business benefits to this is saving me so much time. Instead of searching on a server for hours for a file from three years ago, I am able to locate it immediately and move on with my work.

Gordon T.

"A good product to start with in digital asset management"

What do you like best?

Canto has made managing our digital assets and sharing across our design team and enterprise far easier than with our previous tools. It automatically makes metadata searchable, and it's pretty easy to import assets from old systems.

What do you dislike?

I'd like more integration with Adobe Creative Cloud software. There is an InDesign plugin, but similar tools for other programs would be helpful. The organizational structure can be a little clunky and limiting, due to this being a web-based tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The better organized your assets are prior to import, the better off you'll be. Migration will be time-consuming, but preparing ahead of time will help with that.

We struggled with finding digital assets before Canto, and our previous tools didn't allow for shared access. Now our whole team has access to all our assets, and sharing outside the team is easy.

Chase M.

"Canto is Constantly Improving!"

What do you like best?

My favorite things about Canto are:

-Tagging. Our company has loved the unlimited amount of tags we can apply to photos to improve our ability to search project photos.

-Sharing Photos Through Link Generation. I love being able to select whatever photos I want to share, generate a link, and then send to a coworker/client for easy download

What do you dislike?

We've had trouble with certain albums being unable to download. We're not sure why this is the case but feel like it is a problem that can be fixed soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get all assets uploaded and sorted before trying to implement within the company.

For our business, we often want to share a portfolio of projects that are relevant to them. Canto allows us to customize the perfect portfolio and easily share it with them via a generated link, email, etc.

Ben C.

"Wonderful Product - Saves loads of time and effort"

What do you like best?

the tagging and search functions have helped us to use canto to entirely replace our marketing photo archive. Sharing select groups of photos with other people outside the organization is also very easy. This product has saved us hours of work and has been worth the expense.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were lower priced options of this product for personal or smaller business use. it makes sense for my company but that price point is not accessible to everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth it if you can justify the price tag. truly saves hours in photo management.

Saved time and effort in sorting and management of marekting photo archives. any time we need a photo for press, website, etc we can find it quickly and share it easily. much better than our old mazes of files.

Chad K.

"Great value for the cost"

What do you like best?

I like Canto's clean interface and customizable skins. We have different organizations within the company, and it's nice having branded portals for each. We also found Canto to be a good value for the overall cost in comparison with competitors.

What do you dislike?

Overall it does the job nicely. I would like a few more user settings/options to customize the experience even more. There is a procedure for logging feature requests, and Canto reviews to determine if they are viable.

The main problem we have overcome is me having to field photography requests from the company using my own computer. That in itself has been a huge time saver. The other main benefit is having a searchable database. I am the principle photographer, and have been shooting for our company since 2001, so you can imagine the size of the database.

Karina G.

"So intuitive, responsive, fun to use! "

What do you like best?

It immensely aids with pain points like organizing and searching for specific images, and is easy enough for someone with little to no photo editing experience. It loads way more quickly than you'd expect something so robust to.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had "related images" automatically populated somehow! It would be great if more than just the person who uploaded the image could add keywords and other kinds of notes. Creating custom folders would be great instead of having to default to what the original uploader chose.

Organization that works for everyone! Ease of accessibility whether you're in the office or not. We don't have to reply on shared servers that may or not be reachable depending on location. Workflow is not interrupted and product activation is seamless.

Jen B.

"Canto Can Do"

What do you like best?

Canto is a streamlined way of looking at my mass collection of images. It loads quickly and keeps things neat and orderly. Having the option for subfolders keeps things extra orderly which makes it easier for me to locate an image out of thousands.

What do you dislike?

I wish Canto had more platforms that it could share to. For instance, there isn't an option to share through a Google platform such as Google Allo or Google Docs.

My organization, through Canto, is able to easily tag and search photos for events across our organization with ease. It creates a central location to store photos of large size that anyone can access from anywhere. Canto is a cheaper option than buying multiple storage units that would only be accessible from one device.

Rosalynn G.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to tag photos, create new folders and albums. It's also easy to add your own fields to fill in on each image. I love how you can also apply tags in bulk before you upload photos.

What do you dislike?

i wish it was easier to rearrange folders and portals. We wanted to remove folders and albums from portals as people we wanted to remove access to assets but wasn't able to do that. We had to create all new folders instead of just rearranging them. I also don't love how you have to create albums within folders.

We use Canto to manage all of our product photography. We are also able to share our photos via portal to our wholesale partners easily with this.

Jesse P.

"Great Asset Management System"

What do you like best?

Canto makes it easy to upload files and create metatags quickly to make your files search friendly. Sharing single files or entire folders is quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve to navigating the system once you have hundreds of folders and files uploaded. I wish there was a way to color code the folders instead of everything being black and white. It would make it easier to keep track of the current folder you are in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try before you purchase.

Saving time having to navigate our computers for files to upload and share with our sales force on a daily basis. They now have access to everything and I can spend my time more productively.

Shane O.

"Canto - The Best to help support your company's brand"

What do you like best?

Canto is the best at helping you set up any company's brand and marketing material. Canto, as a product and service, helps you achieve all your department's goals. Canto's people help you along the way to developing the best marketing library. Canto wants your company's brand to succeed.

What do you dislike?

I would love for Canto to develop a way to format imagery to be used on social media platforms (Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Canto is a great product for your company's brand. It allows you to achieve your company's goals and help develop synergies with the rest of the company. The product is easy to use and helps your company's marketing department.

Ease of sending out files to other departments, nationally. Simple use and helping assist in the company's marketing goals.

Melissa H.

"Overall, Great"

What do you like best?

It's particularly useful to have the capability to share upload and download links, whether with others in our organization or with outside photographers, without giving them the keys to the whole database. This keeps Canto functional while still providing us as the administrators with a modicum of quality control (which is very important in an organization like ours).

What do you dislike?

Overall, I think the navigation is counterintuitive and difficult to use. While it's powerful to be able to store all our assets in one place, keeping them organized has proved difficult.

Working in the comms department of a global nonprofit, we have to keep track of photographic assets from more than fifty different projects in over a hundred different countries. Canto makes this very simple.

Shaun R.

"Functional and Effective"

What do you like best?

Many of the features of this product I like, but one that stands out is the ability to establish Portals and create client-facing asset libraries.

What do you dislike?

Some of the terminology within the platform is strange. For example, knowing when it makes sense to use folders vs. albums is a little diluted. But overall, it is apparent that many of the seemingly ancillary features for my team are there to solve problems that we either don't need solved, or haven't yet figured out how to best implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to ask questions about how other organizations are using some of the functions.

This tool is used primarily to allow assets to be available organization-wide without having to redundantly export multiple file-types for every use-case.

Carijean B.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like Flight because it's intuitive and easy to use. We have a wide range of staff from computer savvy to non and everyone has been able to understand and use Flight successfully. It is also the perfect first step into the world of DAMs. All of our photos were stored on our server with little organization. Just being able to categorize and share photos on Flight has been a godsend.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to delete old or misspelled tags. It becomes harder to search if photos are mislabeled. I'm also not impressed with smart tags (tags that Flight assigns automatically). They are confusing and not particularly accurate. Flight's default setting is to include these when uploading. I wish there was a way to turn off this feature until it becomes more accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's especially great if you're new to DAMs. Just take time to establish search terms.

We are now able to share photos across three branches, a dozen departments, and the outside world. Only a few of our marketing team were able to have this kind of access before.

Lily T.

"Impressed with Canto"

What do you like best?

We have been using Canto Flight as our Data Asset Management system for the past 6 months or so. Overall, we are very pleased with it. It is easy to use and understand, and has a lot of great features.

What do you dislike?

I'm not super excited about the way its lightbox feature works and I don't like how limited my user base and storage amount is for the fee we pay each month, so those are some limitations. It's a fairly expensive subscription service and the jury is still out for us whether we will ultimately be able to continue using and affording it. But for now, we're happy with it.

We have struggled with a good way to manage our digital assets--primarily photo and video assets. Canto Flight is easy to use, easy to organize, very intuitive, and has a better tagging and management system than other DAMs we've used.

Lacey M.

"Streamlined"

What do you like best?

I like that we aren't emailing photos to each other and it can all be in one place. It also makes it a lot easier to work with photographers in different places, because they can just upload the photos directly.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the system was a little faster. It can be a bit clunky at times, which can be stressful if you're trying to get something done quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare the ways you are organizing photos now to the way you would like to be doing it. Then look and see if Canto solves those problems.

It eliminates emails going back and forth with huge files. It used to be a complete mess.

Rosie P.

"Best photo and video management system we could find!"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to upload photos in Flight - plus it is fast. I can upload 100 large images and it will take less than 5 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had facial recognition so it would be easy to tag photos. We have so many event/people photos and it would be great to tag them all easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our tech team looked into what would be the best digital management system and after careful review picked Flight by Canto. We needed a digital management system that was designed for everyone to use. There were other great systems but it was more for a professional photographer. Plus Flight works well on a Mac and PC.

Before Flight all photos were archived on my computer, so if a team member needed anything I had to look for the images myself. With most all our images now in Flight everyone can look for their own images saving team members and me time. What has also has been a tremendous benefit is that you can describe and tag photos which helps keep record of the Museum's institutional history.

Brittany C.

"Great Tool for Businesses"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can easily access images approved for use by my company for marketing purposes. I'm a remote worker, so being able to use Flight makes it so much easier to get what I need quickly. I also love the comments feature - that way I can comment where and when I've used a picture.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could open the images in a new tab, while keeping the list of thumbnails open in a separate tab. Looking at the larger pictures would be easier this way, and then I wouldn't have to go back and scroll though the thumbnails again if it wasn't the image I wanted to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a wonderful, easy-to-use product that has saved me time in my work. I love that you can categorize images in folders, and that you can put tags on images so they're easier to search for and find.

It makes it so much easier for remote workers to get what they need. It saves me time searching through images, or trying to find one with a free-to-use license.

Daniel S.

"Solid DAM"

What do you like best?

Canto has a great interface, both on the front and back end. Looks super polished on the consumer-facing side, and the backend uploading process is pretty straightforward and easy to use. Also is a great value as a mid-tier priced program with upper-tier functionality. Great customer service.

What do you dislike?

The cold storage aspect is a nice feature, but it takes a really long time to retrieve an item if you actually need it.

Canto lets us distribute images and resources to our dealers and reps quickly and easily. It streamlines the process for them and for us internally, saving hours of serach, edit and email time. It also allows us to keep our image library up to date very easily.

AG
Un-attributed

"Great way to store and search photos!"

What do you like best?

The simple design and intuitive interface of Canto makes archiving and retrieving images or other documents quick and easy. When onboarding images, take the time to properly tag everything so finding specific photos later on will be easy. Once you begin typing a tag into the search filter, images will begin to quickly populate the desktop are of Canto's user interface. Despite being an online archive, thumbnails appear faster than if I were simply browsing my PC using Windows Explorer!

What do you dislike?

It can be a little slow to upload or file away images when onboarding. Also, when organizing folders or albums the software occasionally gets hung up and displays an error message which tells you files are still moving in the background but you may continue to work. If you go back later to check on things, all data eventually gets placed exactly where you intended so it's just a matter of waiting for them to appear where they're supposed to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Having your photos relatively organized ahead of time will make onboarding images easier to file away.

Having a centralized image gallery for our organization is an excellent way to share images across the organization. Various departments can now collaborate much more easily when sharing large amounts of data such as high res photos which can be cumbersome to email back and forth and the amount of time saved can hardly be understated!

Un-attributed

"Great way to organize digital assets"

What do you like best?

Easily organize all digital assets with folders and albums. Search ability is great and the tagging system is very easy to understand and customize. You can easily find what you're looking for even if you have thousands of photos to sort through.

What do you dislike?

The software can run slow sometimes. It is also difficult to change tags and it doesn't always work to mass-select and try to change that way. I don't like how you can no longer use commas in tagging. For example, we use to tag a person by writing "Last Name, First Name." Now, it splits up the persons name when you use a comma and you can no longer have both names in the tag.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to utilize the mass-upload feature to save time on tagging and organizing your assets.

We can easily manage our photos and share organization-wide only the photos we want to share. We can also share photos with people outside the organization and easily edit their download ability, which is great for when we only want them to view photos versus download and share. This has been a great tool to manage where our photos are being used. We use the commenting feature to note whenever we use a photo so it is easy to track where photos are used and when we need to update print materials if a photo ever needs to be taken down and not sued anymore.

AM
Un-attributed

"Full-featured digital asset management for large-scale implementations"

What do you like best?

Canto is a full-featured digital asset management for large-scale implementations and can scale down for simpler projects if necessary. The software is well supported and thought out, and the user interface is easy to use. They even fast-tracked an upgrade for us.

What do you dislike?

I don't think this is the best solution for simpler implementations. There is just so much here.

Additionally, we were sold on a feature that didn't actually exist yet. Luckily they made it happen, but I encourage everyone to talk through things in depth with their contact at Canto.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend talking through your proposed implementation very carefully with your account executive to make sure that all of the features you need are supported.

You should also think long and hard about how you structure all of your files.

We are working with Canto to create a single place where we manage all documents, and all of those documents have permalinks, so that we can always keep our website and other places up to date with the most recent, most relevant version of the file.

The benefits here are that there is one place to manage all of these documents, that we can give multiple people access to edit or upload these documents, and that there aren't multiple versions of things floating around.

"Very Organized "

What do you like best?

I really like how organized it is and how you can make folders and albums. I also like that you can sort how you want to view your images and videos. Overall, I really like the full set up. The tagging option is super helpful when you need to find certain images, and it is very easy to upload images and videos, very quick.

What do you dislike?

I would like it to be a bit easier when actually creating and sorting the folders. The dragging option is a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great way to share photos and videos throughout the company it makes projects a lot easier.

This has helped us stay more organized and keep all our important images in one place. It makes it much easier when handing off a project for someone else to complete. We no longer have to deal with sharing files and it has cut down on a lot of unnecessary email chains.

John S.

"DAM easy"

What do you like best?

Canto is super easy to use thanks to it's intuitive interface. I like how easy it has been to setup with years of digital assets that we had to move into it. It has helped us get organized and give access to our assets with our partners around the world.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the pop-up screens aren't as helpful as you'd like. But, I've never gotten into a problem I couldn't figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around, but I think you'll find this is the best value and easiest to implement.

Organizing our digital assets that had been spread out over hard drives and other cloud storage services.

Giving access to our digital assets to our global partners.

AH
Un-attributed

"Great Solution for Digital Asset Management"

What do you like best?

I like that I can drag and drop folders and albums to reorganize when needed. The tagging and filtering features are top notch. You can relate files to one another and share links with people outside of your team for viewing and downloading.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could make the thumbnails a little larger when browsing, but not a dealbreaker. The cropping and resizing functions are confusing and don't produce the results I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works for us! Highly recommend for your digital asset management solution. It helped us get organized while being able to search, filter, collaborate and share.

Everyone on my team and within my department are very happy with the solution and they all claim that Canto has made their lives easier and jobs more efficient. The benefits include saving time and making it easier to work together and share photography and video within our department and with external partners.

UA
Un-attributed

"Canto is not the best, but better than nothing"

What do you like best?

Canto is way better than trying to sort through photos on Finder or Dropbox. You can tag images and put them in folders and search for key words. I like that you can also sort by pending/approved/rejected. It helps us keep photos organized by style, season, color, etc. I like that you can share folders with certain people.

What do you dislike?

The software is not very intuitive. The sorting by date hardly works, it is very finicky. The "zoom" boxes are more distracting than useful. Portals don't sync well. Portals should have more granular access and control. The interface is basic at best. Text runs off the screen, menus don't actually expand. Certain email providers can't get access.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Canto is for sure the budget option of getting what you pay for. If it's the only program you can afford, it truly is better than nothing. What I've heard from the industry is that there is way better options out there that are intuitive and more robust. You may be in a situation like me where you don't have a choice. It sort of does the job, with some hick-ups, and can be extremely frustrating at times, but hey, what software isn't.

Canto helps our team manage thousands of photos for our business as well as share with our teams around the globe. Overall, Canto is better than nothing, but certainly the budget level service and frustrating at times. You get what you pay for.

Brandon H.

"Canto makes Digital Asset Management a Breeze"

What do you like best?

Canto has made sharing various assets such as images, videos, and designs easier than our previous solutions.

What do you dislike?

The initial onboarding and setup did take some time. However, maintaining our assets is very easy compared to previous solutions where we had assets scattered across multiple platforms such as dropbox, email, messenger, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth trying out to see if it fits your needs.

We previously did not have a good way of sharing assets of individual skus with various vendors and customers. Canto makes it easy to customize what each of these people see, rather than forcing them to dig through files they do not need.

Un-attributed

"Canto is where it's at!"

What do you like best?

The best things about it are the storage, navigation, as well as the organization of the items you need stashed away and easy access for. I have certain assets or documents that I have to separate from one another and then I share those links to certain vendors or clients. I am a huge fan of the collections option. Collections allows me to store certin files in one area and share them (repeatedly) to many of our vendors to constantly keep asking for files or images. I really like to use the links for the collections so that I can send them to clients.

What do you dislike?

For now, I have not found something that I dislike. I really enjoy this platform! If I were to be picky, I would say that sometimes it is slow while loading all of our imagery. However, we do have a combination of TIF, JPG, PNG files that are pretty large. This could be the reason for the delay?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Maybe I would like to see a compression option included in the area where you can resize, crop, and then download images.

Canto allows me to create links to assets/policies, or anything I have stored and shared them to group or individuals very easily.

AE
Un-attributed

"Canto works well and made life easier for us"

What do you like best?

The tagging and search are absolutely the best, easiest to use features. It's the best tagging and search mechanism I've seen for a DAM (which isn't saying a whole lot). The reporting features are great, too. We can easily see what's getting downloaded, what tags are most common, what search terms are most common and what's being uploaded. It really provides a high degree of validation and efficiency monitoring. Love it.

What do you dislike?

Along the same lines, the organization of your content can be daunting, at least at first. With workspaces, folders, teams, and more ways to organize your people and your content, finding the right place for everyone and everything can be confusing. We just end up using search almost exclusively.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read through the resources provided by Canto. They have a great, and necessary, knowledge base.

We are using Canto as an illustrations database. It works great as a way to manage all of our illustrations. We're finding better use of each illustration, easier access, and great reporting to determine what's being used most and where to focus our efforts in the future.

Un-attributed

"Scalable, Easy to Use and Great Customer Service! "

What do you like best?

Scalable: We looked at many different options for a Digital Asset Management solution. After extensive research and demos, we landed on Canto in part because we were able to easy scale up as our use increased. We love that we are able to move Contributor licenses between users.

Easy to Use: The user interface is much like many stock photography sites out there. Our end users with little technical experience have no issues using the program, which makes it an easy sell for our in-house team of designers to get people on board with using the system. Our Infrastructure team also appreciates that we are sending fewer emails with large attachments!

Customer Service: While there is a wealth of information on the Canto website, we appreciate the wonderful customer service we've received during the onboarding process and each time we have a question. Our account manager responds usually within hours to any question or request.

What do you dislike?

The only issue we've run into so far is the permissioning structure as we continue to build out use across our varied business lines. Fortunately we've found a work around for these issues and the Canto team was very responsive in helping us resolve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start small, you can always scale up!

Our in-house design team haf assets stored in varied locations - individual machines, file servers, cloud storage like Dropbox - you name it. Canto is now the central repository for all files. We even send and receive almost all files now through Canto and our end-users (clients) seem to appreciate that as well. We love that it is secure and available outside the network. This makes it easier to use for our end-users.

Angel G.

"Canto Digital Asset Management"

What do you like best?

The ability to organize marketing and branding materials and sharing files with co-workers, employees, and third parties. Canto is very user-friendly and easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

I do not like when you have required fields in the upload window, but you cannot see them all just by scrolling, you have to click the arrow to see additional fields. If you don't know they are there, you don't know they are mandatory until you click upload and get an error message. The portal is a great feature and way of sharing a selection of content without sharing all your assets, but it needs updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Canto has made filing, sharing, and organizing files for our company so much easier! The customer service has also been great; they are very receptive to feedback and are always looking for ways to improve the software to meet their customer's needs. There are a lot of similar solutions out there, but for the price, this is one of the best.

Digital asset management. We currently have files in SharePoint, Dropbox, and HubSpot. Here, all of our assets are in one place and organized with thumbnails and search features making it really easy to find what you are looking for. We also use the portal feature which has become our brand portal where employees can find everything they need to create a consistent brand for our company.

Ryan J.

"A great tool that improves efficiency, quality, and communication"

What do you like best?

Canto has allowed us to have better interaction with our requestors. It's easy to use, expandable and customizable. I can't imagine my daily workflow without Canto.

What do you dislike?

Portals are a great way to segment your users, but the way that Canto counts storage use when using portals makes them challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Big company or small, Canto is a great solution for digital asset management. Their sales and support teams have been available and incredibly helpful in selecting the right options and setting up our environment.

Allowing our requestors greater visibility into our visual library, as well as encouraging them to take a greater personal ownership in managing and adding to their assets.

Trevor M.

"Great Product for Large Teams"

What do you like best?

- ability to house all digital assets in one place

- pulls in meta-data from photos

- auto-tags and categorizes assets into useful groups

- ability for teams to set permissions on assets they own

- all users are able to pull clips from video files

- users can crop and edit photos

What do you dislike?

- web application dependent on internet speed

- requires some management time to review uploads and asset users

- design and comms team now has easy access to all of a department's assets.

- departments can now easily share assets with each other

- design team no longer has to pull video clips or search for photos

- assets can be be searched for in multiple ways, making it easier to locate what we're looking for

Christopher F.

"Canto has solved many issues for us"

What do you like best?

The Canto platform has been a huge help for us! It has made organizing, tagging, and sharing of images incredibly easy. The site is easy to work on as well. The Portal function is also amazing. I was tasked with creating a Portal and found a very helpful tutorial on the creating one that made it very easy. Highly recommended platform with very reasonable pricing options.

What do you dislike?

I would say the only thing that is a bit buggy is when creating new folders and albums in the folder structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!

Easily sharing images to external partners.

Michael B.

"Product that is a breeze to use and highly recomended."

What do you like best?

I really like just how simple it is to search and upload assets. I can easily search for any image or video with ease. Never has it taken me more than 5 minutes to search and download what I need.

Uploading assets is also extremely easy and efficient. I can tag all my assets at once and can make new albums and folders with ease. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who needs to organize their images.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have issues downloading large folders.

Our business has had trouble with organizing images. With Flight, we have streamlined the way we organize and store assets. No longer do we need to search through multiple Dropbox folders, server folders or hard drives to find what we need.

Jamie H.

"Flight by Canto Changed How we Work"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Flight is how easy it is to work with. We have been able to take assets from across the different entities of our company and for the first time it is searchable, easy to use and all in one place. Time saving is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I think the duplicate file find can be enhanced. With advance upload it doesn't yet catch all of the duplicates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep in communication with your team at Flight they keep enhancing and improving the program.

Our biggest problem solved is saving time. We used to have to look in multiple locations for assets and no longer. We also love that you can sent assets externally and with a quick link others can access what they need. File sharing is great. Another

Un-attributed

"Great Data Asset Management Software"

What do you like best?

The easy of use of this product is awesome. There isn't a significant learning curve to getting things set up. The most time spent is on uploading and cataloging assets which has to be done on any platform.

What do you dislike?

This is a minor complaint but I would like to see a preference or setting feature that allows the admin to extend / shorten the amount of time that a user can stay logged in without getting logged out from the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The eas of use of this product is awesome. There isn't a significant learning curve to getting things set up. The most time spent is on uploading and cataloging assets which has to be done on any platform.

Managing assets across departments / vendors. This platform virtually eliminates requests for assets. It makes everyone more self sufficient.

Shannon S.

"Time saver!"

What do you like best?

Canto has saved us so much time in tracking down and finding assets and freed us up to better use that time to improve other pieces within our business. Allowing more people to have access to final pieces instead of a few people having access to the server to find things has been so helpful.

What do you dislike?

We haven't been able to find anything we dislike about Canto yet!

Time saving has been our biggest win with using Canto - the freedom we have with metadata and sharing to more people within the company has been amazing!

UW

"Canto!"

What do you like best?

Our company has many remote workers, and other organizations under the umbrella. so it's nice having a file storing system that anyone can reach. It's also been super convenient for sharing files with people. Lots of great tools in canto for tagging and keeping all the files organized and searchable.

What do you dislike?

it's something so small that I'll figure out eventually. I don't like you can only upload things into albums. and albums are organized into folders. I just feel like we normally upload into folders. See such a small complaint.

The problem that is solved is we no longer have to share a (very slow) drive to store are digital assets and now everyone in the company is learning how to navigate canto so they don't have to come to my team for whatever they need.

Chris T.

"Flight has been sufficient and efficient for my needs."

What do you like best?

Easy access to my company's photo/image archive. Quick search leads me to the groups of images I need.

What do you dislike?

Seems to slow down the browser the longer you search images. So I end up having to relaunch the browser, restart the search, and start scrolling all the way from the top to access the group of images I had made it to before the relaunch. Tagging photos hasn't been very intuitive. I'll tag a group after uploading, only to have them not show up in searches.

Saves our company time having our image library online and accessible by search terms and tagging photos. More efficient than having to search our image archives spread across various servers onsite.

AH
Un-attributed

"Flight by Canto Review "

What do you like best?

Our agency researched many DAMs before deciding on Flight. We all loved the interface, features and the price tag. Not to mention, the support team has been outstanding throughout the whole process.

Flight keeps coming out with new features that allow our team to work more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I would like to stack photos -- having multiple sizes in different folders makes it harder for us to organize our photos and seems redundant.

I also wish I could copy folders to other assigned folders. It'd be an easier process when setting up our DAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's everything you need if you're looking for a way to streamline your digital assets without breaking the bank.

We're streamlining our digital asset workflow. Flight allows us to organize, tag and locate all of our assets. We had a surplus of photos and design files scattered on multiple platforms. Now we have a centralized place to find all assets -- with a beautiful interface. It's saved our whole team time and memory on our computers.

Alex P.

"Great Cloud Storage Solution"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you are able to upload multiple file types. easily edit files and keep them in order by version file

What do you dislike?

I don't care for the limited amount of contributors available and the added cost to add in more to be able to manage the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you get a package large enough

I am able to share files easily with employees and clients alike. Creating showcase files makes it is easy to sell large jobs and also monitor progress jobs.

Petri D.