4.4 out of 5
Do you work for Vimeo?

Vimeo Reviews & Product Details

What is Vimeo?

Vimeo is an on-Line video hosting community. Vimeo is the home for high-quality videos and the people who love them.

Vimeo Profile Details

Vimeo Reviews

1-50 of 123 total Vimeo reviews

Vimeo Reviews

1-50 of 123 total Vimeo reviews
Vimeo review by Gabriel F.
Especialista en Ventas y Marketing

"Quality videos, easy and practical with vimeo. "

What do you like best?

I like Vimeo since the process of loading, administration and use is very simple, in addition, the quality of the videos is quite good, the player itself looks very good, and the videos are always clear and high quality to share in line, in turn, allows me to customize them, we have many different brands in our portfolio of products for sale, and Vimeo facilitates the customization and use of various logos and campaigns for different videos. We like it a lot, it is a valuable tool.

What do you dislike?

So far vimeo has perfectly fulfilled our requirements, we have no complaints about it, we have not found anything that we do not like, it is a tool that you have to fear because it offers excellent graphics and very good projection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vimeo is a very practical and useful tool, it has nothing to envy to similar platforms, I think the videos are much sharper and with higher resolution which makes it even more attractive. I consider Vimeo an excellent option to present our campaigns and upload relevant information about our business and thus let us know even more. I recommend it without hesitation.

Thanks to vimeo we have been able to organize our organization videos and new business projects in an organized and secure way, vimeo offers security in terms of storage, otherwise it did not happen with other similar platforms and others were very expensive, with vimeo not only allowed us save money, but also count on having a tool that allows us to make a better projection of our new projects, to be able to present them and share them with our clients with the best quality. We have been able to achieve highly attractive and striking campaigns, this makes us stand out in a highly competitive market. Excellent tool, and online video viewer. We like it a lot, we always use it.

Vimeo review by Francisco G.
Sales and Marketing Specialist

"Excellent platform to share and visualize videos!"

What do you like best?

It facilitates the exchange of videos as well as generates a greater range of visualization, I love it because I can share and visualize videos with excellent audio quality and resolution with fast downloads which avoids wasting time, a registration is necessary to start using this application It is fast and simple, in my work it is very useful especially to upload promotional materials that streamline the sales process through a good marketing campaign generating a greater number of requests from customers, it is also possible to insert passwords to the videos ensuring its visualization only by specific people.

What do you dislike?

Vimeo works without problem is fast and how many with a wide range of categories maybe its only disadvantage is that it is not as well known as YouTube but it is really excellent !.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to review each one of its characteristics before starting to use it, it is a broad platform that allows to achieve a greater scope of visualization as well as to share videos in a simple way, being of great utility for all professionals dedicated to the sales and marketing area.

It allows to have access to informative material helping to improve some aspects in terms of knowledge, it is an excellent tool that favors Marketing, in turn it allows to share videos with promotional material that have impacted the public, getting their attention generating a greater number of requests through the publication of business social networks as well as contact numbers being reflected in sales.

Vimeo review by Mauricio G.
Sales and Marketing Specialist

"Great platform to share and view videos with excellent reach!"

What do you like best?

It is a platform that facilitates the visualization of videos, in my work it is very useful because it allows you to share promotional videos in order to increase the volume of sales, I love how easy it is to upload videos and share them and add comments, has a variety of categories which allows to obtain good knowledge and excellent reach, its panel is simple in addition to its registration without download processes, it is an excellent tool to design marketing strategies since it has an excellent quality in sound and resolution besides being interactive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Vimeo is excellent, maybe it is not as well known as Youtube, but it does its job very well and it has not had any kind of inconvenience. It is fast and covers countless audiovisual contents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is advisable to visualize the user guide before starting to use Vimeo in order to make the most of each of its functions.

Allows to expand the visualization of the products and services offered, insert social networks and contact information to the videos, which allows to accelerate the sales process and be recognized, it is a great option in the Sales and Marketing process, allows to share videos with the team of work doing more interactive daily tasks, get information of ineteres in less time with explanatory videos in order to streamline some activity or increase knowledge about a subject.

Vimeo review by eduardo d.
Great for showing movies

"Excellent hosting solution for marketing/promotional videos and technical/support screencasts"

What do you like best?

My audience doesn't have to log in to view VIMEO is like youtube, but for filmmakers

What do you dislike?

They finally added a few features that make organizing your videos better and that was nice For some reason people weren't always able to figure out how to purchase our episodes or full series, so perhaps that could be made clearer. I love it as a personal social platform but for business it's a little rough and they have a lot of kinks to work out

Recommendations to others considering the product

But Vimeo definitely has some great reasons to be happy with what it offers to its customers Easy to use and feels more private than youtube. Utilizo YouTube de la forma adecuada

It also makes the content more protected against pyracy than other websites. Our association generates public service announcements and vimeo cuts out the need for a third party that we would have needed to create a shareable link Vimeo does integrate much more smoothly with the app than YouTube

Vimeo review by Sarit S.
Founder and CEO
Media Production

"Vimeo is Perfect for Filmmakers"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is a very aesthetically pleasing video hosting website with high video quality streaming. The interface is easy to use in all aspects. Vimeo links are easy to share as well as to embed into other platforms. Another great tool it that it has wonderful privacy settings, and it makes it very easy to set up passwords to protect your work. Vimeo is extremely reliable and affordable for small film companies.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike to Vimeo is the storage limit because some big projects take up a lot of space. One other issue is it's sometimes difficult for people to find your videos in the search bar. Other than these two things Vimeo is far ahead of its competitors.

Vimeo has an incredible reputation for high quality content compared to other video hosting websites, therefore, my company only uses Vimeo to send out any links.

Vimeo review by Andrew G.
Creative Director
Publishing

"Still the Best option for Video File Management and Distribution"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is by far the best value for money when it comes to storage and delivery of video files. From SD to 4K Vimeo has me covered and when you look at the annual pricing tiers plus the zero (0) streaming fees it makes a wonderful 'back end' for online education, video on demand, and subscriber based platform networks.

What do you dislike?

Vimeo's interface can get a bit of getting used to. It's great for folks who plan to upload and stream a documentary or create a small portfolio of films for their resume or business, but when you get into the hundreds or thousands of clips online you need to make sure (as I have done) that you create an archiving system for your films. Unfortunately this means that searching for clips involves the clip title as Vimeo does not allow hidden file names so you have to get used to seeing numerical elements in your titles if you plan to go that route. Otherwise it's a great product with great streaming quality.

Also -- due to Vimeo being used extensively by documentary film producers where the subject matter can be controversial or negatively seen from political regimes, it is often blocked in 3rd world countries such as Indonesia so bear this in mind if you plan to service those markets -- you would be better off using Youtube which although has it's own sets of pro's and con's is available for viewing in more markets than Vimeo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bear in mind its limitations on streaming in some international markets, and its suitability for archival solutions compared to Youtube. Perhaps as we have done, maintain content on both Youtube and Vimeo in order to gain the benefits of both worlds.

We deliver streaming video to artists around the world. The front end is an online platform, which was developed by a UK based company, the payment gateway is Paypal, and the 'back end' or video archive is Vimeo. It is a robust solution.

Vimeo review by Anthony A.

"Perfect and secure video platform"

What do you like best?

I have been using this platform since my university studies. All my university work and the professionals, when I had to edit them on video, I have always uploaded them on this platform because the quality is unbeatable.

I have always noticed that it is much better than other video platforms like Youtube. In vimeo the quality of image, the one of ascent of videos and especially because the contents tend to be more professional.

As for the upload of videos to the platform, I've never had problems. They have always been uploaded correctly and over the years faster.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning of the platform, if I remember correctly, I think you did not have to subscribe to a plan and have to pay to enjoy all the content.

Now I do not like it that much because it asks you to pay for a plan if you want to enjoy many of its advantages. From my point of view they have lost a lot on this issue since not everyone can afford to pay a plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before starting to use this platform, it is important to know that to enjoy all the advantages you have to pay for a plan.

Without paying you can enjoy the basic advantages, but it is obvious that paying even the smallest plan, you start to enjoy.

Even so, it is worth using this platform due to the high image quality that the videos have

In my company it served us for the explanation of programs.

Vimeo review by Gabriel J.
Director Of Photography
Motion Pictures and Film

"Vimeo is Great for Filmmakers"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is a fantastic place for Filmmakers to connect, get inspired, and share content. I appreciate Vimeo's visual appearance. It's clean, it's sleek, it look professional. I love Vimeo's user interface, and functionality. It accentuates your content, and has a lot of great features that other video sharing platforms do not.

What do you dislike?

Slow buffer speeds. While Vimeo's hosting and compression displays videos better, it does come at a cost when slow wifi or data speeds are present. It can be an annoyance trying to share content in a meeting, and it takes 60 seconds to buffer all the way. This is a minor annoyance and inconvenience, more of a gripe, but it still is a real thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While this is a paid product, I promise it is worth it. The ability to have password protected videos, downloadability and high quality private links is extremely valuable. Your videos look better when played, and your profile will look cleaner and more professional than the other services. I completely recommend vimeo, like a fine wine, it's only getting better with age.

Vimeo is a great platform to send and update videos, both to clients, and the public. I love the private link function, the ability to comment and critique videos in program. I find that Vimeo seems "more professional" than yo*t*be and other services. The plus and pro functions speak to a care for your work. It adds a legitimacy to your work, and portfolio.

Vimeo review by Sinari D.
(Myself Only)

"Great site for hosting and monitizing your videos"

What do you like best?

I like how clean Vimeo is. It seems to have a reputation for higher quality works, unlike YouTube where you have to sort through the good and the bad. Because of this we signed up for their Pro plan so we could sell episodes of our web series. It was simple and straightforward to use, had a beautiful interface and made it very easy to share our videos through social media. We had our own page specifically for the web series where customers could purchase and download each episode individually or the entire series all at once. There were plenty of options for sharing online and we were able to make good use of social media to get our work out where people could see it. It also had places where people could review and comment, and even recommend to others, all on a clean, customizable page for our series (which we were able to customize to match the look and feel of the series itself, including color scheme and images).

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform for selling your original content.

We were able to sell our fantasy web series in episodes and as a season through Vimeo, giving more credibility to our small film company and reach more viewers. Because of Vimeo's reputation it lent a certain professionalism to our production.

Vimeo review by Rachel B.

"Vimeo is great for hosting videos online, but it doesn't work very well for delivery to clients."

What do you like best?

I like that vimeo is decently inexpensive. I also like that privacy settings are highly customizable. It is also very useful that we can make the videos downloadable, as well as password protected.

What do you dislike?

When uploaded to vimeo, the color profile on our videos is changed, and the the image looks much more flat, unsaturated, and with less contrast. It is also unhelpful that we cannot arrange our public-facing vimeo page to show the videos from newest to oldest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that– if you use vimeo to deliver to clients– make sure to inform your clients to download the videos to view in order to preserve color. Otherwise, if they view it on vimeo, the color will not look accurate or even good.

We are using vimeo to host videos for the public, and we are sending private linked videos to internal and external clients for review and dowloadable delivery.

Vimeo review by Shelby R.
Video Producer

"Vimeo has potential"

What do you like best?

I love Vimeo as a user platform. There is excellent content on Vimeo for amazing creatives. I have found so many inspirational creative videos that showcase excellent work. The interface is very aesthetically pleasing. Mobile user experience is also done well.

What do you dislike?

Using Vimeo for business is a little tricky. I love it as a personal social platform but for business it's a little rough and they have a lot of kinks to work out. They finally added a few features that make organizing your videos better and that was nice. The review page is awkward to get to and looks so drab compared to the rest of the interface. I don't like that you can't tell who accessed your privately linked videos. You can't tell what time they accessed the videos either. I don't like that the configuration process isn't included in the upload process, just when you think your video is done, nope! Still need 45 more minutes to configure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When comparing to sites like Wipster, Vimeo is definitely lacking. It's nice cause it's cheap but not very feasible for incredibly detailed video review. It's great for bulk review. They are definitely trying to get in the game but still needs a lot of work.

It's pretty cheap if you are needing something to review dozes and dozes of videos at a time privately for a client. It's good for internal videos as well.

Vimeo review by Wesley M.
Account Manager

"Superb video quality and excellent community of creators"

What do you like best?

I think first and foremost for me, the visual and sound quality of the videos we upload to Vimeo are as good as I've seen from video hosting websites. It is definitely better than YouTube's best quality videos. The layout and design of the Vimeo website is minimal and there are little to no ads that I'm aware of. I like the way Vimeo is focused on building a community of creators with artistic and substantive videos rather than whatever is popular in the mainstream at the moment.

What do you dislike?

The videos on Vimeo will sometimes take a while to load and play. YouTube videos usually play faster, which is probably why they have compressed videos. I guess there's a give and take when it comes to playback quality, so it's not something that really bothers me much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vimeo can be a cost-effective way for you to host high quality video without extra features that can be distracting. I'd recommend uploading a video there to see how it works for your particular business needs and web configuration requirements.

I mainly use Vimeo to host videos that are embedded in websites, used for demonstrations and presentations, or for planning and previewing work I do with my team. I also get lots of inspiration from the videos that I see on Vimeo. Instead of just browsing for videos on my own with keywords, I can get recommendations from Vimeo that allow me to explore videos with less effort.

Vimeo review by Russell O.
Producer

"Top video picture and audio quality with reasonable pricing"

What do you like best?

I like that the platform is geared more towards quality video playback rather than sales, marketing and followers. Vimeo does offers those things, which is great for those that want it, but it's a much more professional hosting platform that is ideal for standard business needs. Vimeo offers great standard features such as embedding in websites and social media posts and private linking capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There are more streaming, bandwidth and storage limitations compared to other big video hosts like YouTube. There is no ad monetization platform. There are sometimes playback delays or buffering issues. There aren't many advanced video editing tools that I can use for substantial edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend going with Vimeo for high quality video hosting if paying for the service isn't an issue for you. I think you should at least go with the Plus plan. You can worry less about the issues of ads, marketing and compressed video that are experienced in other popular video platforms.

We get a very high video picture and audio quality with Vimeo. We can smoothly add videos to many other platforms without having to worry much about bandwidth issues with our website servers. Vimeo offers solid metrics that give us insight into our audience and playback statistics including the number of views and watch times. We have been able to launch successful video ads through Vimeo and also use it to host sales presentations and internal training videos.

Vimeo review by Miguel G.
Sales and Marketing Specialist

"Excellent software to share videos!"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent platform that brings together endless videos as well as upload and share either with the public in general or with some specific contact, I love it because it allows me to share videos that manage to attract the attention of contacts allowing to take good management of Marketing through the establishment of strategies that manage to attract attention and thereby increase the volume of requests for quotations, its adjustment is fast, the reproduction of the videos is efficient without loss of time how much with excellent quality of resolution and sound, allows to insert a password to videos ensuring its visualization only by the established people, its panel is simple and easy to navigate, uploading videos is quite easy and fast!

What do you dislike?

It is a platform of great quality for the search of information or for videos to share its only disadvantage is that it is not as popular as YouTube but this does not affect its excellence at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend before using Vimeo to visualize its use guide since it is quite broad in this way to make the process of sharing and viewing videos more effective. It is an excellent tool for sales and marketing, as well as being interactive and easy to apply.

Allows sharing videos with the general public showing the services offered in turn to capture the attention of potential customers by accelerating the sales process and making the marketing process more fluid in attracting customers, also to obtain information that helps to answer doubts or for the fulfillment of daily activities such as sales and marketing material, increasing knowledge.

Vimeo review by Anna H.
Marketing Strategist
Staffing and Recruiting

"Vimeo - great for easy video sharing."

What do you like best?

I love that I can upload a video straight from iMovie into Vimeo quickly and efficiently. Vimeo has great privacy settings so that you can choose your audience. It's also easy to share from Vimeo onto other platforms through social share buttons and embed codes. When looking through your own account videos, I enjoy the layout and large video previews, making it easy to find a video. The team settings makes it easy to share an account with your coworkers.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to upload videos in a square format!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's so easy to upload straight from iMovie, edit privacy settings and disperse your video through other channels. If you're looking for square videos, this isn't your tool.

Vimeo has been our primary way of uploading and sharing company videos on social media, on our webpages through embed codes and even sharing the link with a privacy code so that only certain people can review the video before it becomes public. It is a great tool to manage all our videos.

Vimeo review by Erik S.
Freelancer de Páginas Web
Program Development
(Myself Only)

"VIMEO IS THE BEST VIDEO HOSTING YOU´LL EVER FIND, PERIOD"

What do you like best?

If you´re looking for a reliable video hosting provider, look no further, Vimeo is the right tool for you. I love to bits the fact that Vimeo doesn´t impose advertisements on my videos. Furthermore, I´m so happy that Vimeo enables me to use a great arsenal of advanced options: I can protect my videos privacy, so that they´re only seen on the domains I choose; I can disable Vimeo´s logo, so that the video player looks like a white label tool! I can also add the function for increasing or decreasing the speed of my videos, and I can choose to place any thumbnail as the beginning and end for my videos. I love you Vimeo!!!

What do you dislike?

I know that Vimeo is the greatest video tool I´ve ever found. Nevertheless, there´s a thing I don´t really like about Vimeo: when I´m on the control panel to enable or disable options such as adding the wide screen widget or adding the widgets for the video title and user name over the video, I have to enable them one by one, and save the changes one by one. It would be great if I could first choose all the widgets I want to enable or disable, and then just confirm these changes once at the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Vimeo because It´s a great video hosting service at the right price. Nonetheless, I have a suggestion for you: it´s really annoying that, every time that I want to enable a function (like adding the complete screen option, enabling my username on the screen, disabling Vimeo´s logo, etc.) I have to confirm that I want to enable or disable that option. It would be better if I could select all of the options that I want to enable or disable, and then I just click the CONFIRM button only once.

Serious workers (either freelance workers or enterprises) need their own video hosting that makes them look professional when they share their videos with current and prospect clients. If they share videos that are stored on YouTube, they don´t look really professional because all of their videos will have YouTube´s logo; however, if they share their videos on a player that doesn´t show a third party logo (like YouTube), then they´ll look really professional. This is a serious business problem that Vimeo solves!

Vimeo review by User

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Upload and updating videos is a breeze and with the setting options, I can easily set the view/ads/embed options and privacy so I can control who and where people can view these videos, especially if we need to share a secure video with a client. Also extremely easy to set thumbnail, upload captions, and organize videos into collections.

What do you dislike?

The only thing downside I've seen in the past is finding my videos, but it seems I was looking in the wrong place and kept forgetting to go to the Manage Videos dropdown menu next to the Vimeo logo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are wondering whether you should self-host videos or use a video hosting solution such as Vimeo, it would be in your best interest to choose Vimeo. With the security considerations as well as the infrastructure to deliver your content fast and effortlessly, in addition to accessibility options, VImeo is an excellent choice.

Hosting videos to be shown on multiple product marketing and help center sites, and securely sending videos with confidential info to clients using the passcode option.

Vimeo review by Walter T.
Owner

"Vimeo gives a Video Production Company everything they need."

What do you like best?

Vimeo has a basic business plan that is extremely affordable and allows up to 5GB of uploads every week... which for a startup Film company is plenty with leftovers too. Also, the ability to password protect projects for review is a nice feature to insure that no one sees a customer's film before it is approved.

What do you dislike?

Vimeo has a video conversion wait time associated with your plan and also doesn't allow for live streaming on any of the lesser plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vimeo gives you what you pay for, so if your company has a video production need and a budget to pay for it, vimeo can accomplish!

Having videos password protected solves the problem of customers being able to view the progress of their product without the whole world being able to see their unfinished film.

Vimeo review by Victoria R.
Freelance Media Work

"High Quality Video"

What do you like best?

Like the title says, I like that all your videos are uploaded in the highest quality possible, making your videos look their best. Whether it's a commercial, a promotional video, or a trailer for your feature film, you can rest assured that your video will look its best on Vimeo.

I also like that you can upload private videos that can be accessed with a password.

What do you dislike?

There's not really much I dislike about Vimeo, other than you have storage limits and if you want more you have to pay. If you're a big business with a big budget though, paying for high quality shouldn't be a problem though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with Vimeo unless you have a big project and a small budget.

Like mentioned before, with Vimeo you can upload private videos that can only be accessed with a password. This is perfect for videos that are not meant for the public and that only need to be viewed by new employees or potential clients. I have not found any other site that does this.

Vimeo review by Administrator in Media Production

"Excellent site to host your professional video"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and a professional platform to showcase film and video. Good for showing clients. Easy to embed on websites. I also love the feature that allows clients to comment on videos at specific points and provide feedback -- good for situations where you are a work for hire and uploading rough cuts of a project and want your client's feedback.

What do you dislike?

When showcasing original content/film, it can be challenging to get "noticed" in the crowd. Vimeo features a "staff picks" but they receive a lot of submissions and requests for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Professional way to host video. Excellent platform when creating original content and working with outside clients.

Hosting video online in a professional manner. You can also privately upload video to share with clients. One of the services we provided was creating original content and there is a service that allows viewers to specify feedback to specific frames.

Vimeo review by User

"Vimeo is a firts tool of my video portfolio!!!"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is the platform where I keep my portfolio of videos, it seems to me that it is a page with an aesthetic and a super professional design, which gives you the possibility of uploading the videos in a very orderly way.

I like it because I use it professionally, when I have to send a video I can put the password and protect it so that only the person I want to see it sees it, the quality of the video is incredible, once you upload it with a quality you reproduce it as it is and not lowers its resolution, and houses an incredible library of professionals, so you can get a lot of feedback

What do you dislike?

I think there are not many things that I dislike about this platform, except that the free video plan conditions the HD quality of the video, that is if I upload a video with a lot of resolution and I do not have a premium plan I can not use, and also limits the storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it is a professional video platform we are talking about Vimeo, it is highly recommended! If you want to have high quality videos, if you want an organized presentation of your videos or if you work with films or films with very high quality, you can trust blindly in she.

Vimeo has been a great tool in my work since I discovered it has become the cloud of my videos, to send clients, to calls, in short, I feel very satisfied with your platform because I feel super reliable and has always been fast upload my videos, so far I have had very few errors using it.

Vimeo review by Alli R.
The One
(Myself Only)

"VIMEO IS FOR FILMMAKERS "

What do you like best?

VIMEO is like youtube, but for filmmakers. I like how they don't limit how long your videos can be when you upload to VIMEO. I much prefer Vimeo to youtube

What do you dislike?

I don't like how their free membership has a gigabyte limit per month. However, that can be solved by paying for a membership, which isn't all too expensive.

Vimeo has an excellent feature for creating video ad's that you can use on social media platforms.

Vimeo review by User

"Vimeo can be better than YouTube for business purposes at times"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is really easy to use. Uploading videos is a breeze, and then there are a number of controls that allow for quality control over your video and how it shows up when it's embedded. I especially love two things: being able to loop videos with an easy button, and being able to choose the cover image from the actual video. That makes it super easy.

What do you dislike?

There's not too much I don't like. I guess that the free version gives you a low level of Gigs, but at the same time, for my purposes I don't need much more than the GB it provides. Overall, I've been very happy with Vimeo

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall Vimeo gets the job done. It's not a replacement for YouTube, but I think it works both as a standalone and a complimentary product/service to YouTube. YouTube is still more popular, so you can't disregard it completely. But Vimeo definitely has some great reasons to be happy with what it offers to its customers.

I especially love two things: being able to loop videos with an easy button, and being able to choose the cover image from the actual video. That makes it super easy and quick when managing multiple videos and needing to get them up on my website super quickly without adding unnecessary steps, like screen-shotting the cover image I want and then uploading it, etc. Vimeo makes it super easy and straightforward.

Vimeo review by David L. G.
Post Production Supervisor
Entertainment

"Excellent video sharing platform"

What do you like best?

Clean interface, easy upload/download, excellent sharing tools. Overall, very simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Don't love the album structure. Would like a little more control on password protection and album access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy video sharing platform, this will do the trick. Only issue is that videos are hosted on Vimeo's servers, so if security is a concern, that is something to take into account. Many companies in Hollywood are unable to use Vimeo due to the lack of control of videos that are uploaded to Vimeo's cloud.

We needed a way to share password-protected videos with various people and groups. This gave us the platform needed to do this.

Vimeo review by Pooja G.
Senior Software Engineer

"Best Video Tool with High Quality !!"

What do you like best?

- High quality videos in compressed versions

- Multiple format available for videos

- easy integrated with website

- No ads in between

- decrease load on your website

What do you dislike?

- sometimes upload will not work and you need to rework your task

- sometimes performs low in responsive view

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best video tool with high quality in compressed versions and available in multiple format

and recommended when you want to store your video in secure storage!

- best place to store large videos in secured storage

- High quality videos with clarity

- No ads in between - run smoothly

- can be converted in multiple formats

Vimeo review by Pablo M.

"Solución rentable de alojamiento de video"

What do you like best?

La capacidad de posponer la marca de Vimeo y los diferentes botones que hacen clic en la página web mientras se integran en una página web.También es bastante simple de aplicar.

What do you dislike?

No me gustó que no tuvieran una característica en vivo, sin embargo, es posible que actualmente estén lanzándolo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilizo YouTube de la forma adecuada; sin embargo, elijo Vimeo para todo lo que me gustaría que fuera extraordinario para mi logotipo. Lo estudio como una forma profesional de proporcionar videos a mis clientes potenciales y potenciales en vez de solo las redes sociales.

Ser capaz de ofrecer video a los participantes sin tener que alojar en la página web o moverse a través de AWS. Es simple, parece extraordinario y fácil.

Vimeo review by Ashlie P.
Holistic Health Practitioner / Personal Trainer / Essential Oil Expert

"Cost Effective Video Hosting Solution"

What do you like best?

The ability to remove Vimeo branding and other buttons that click off the page while embedding into a webpage.

Also it is very simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that they didn't have a live feature, but they are currently rolling that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use YouTube as well but prefer Vimeo for anything that I would like to keep exclusive to my brand. I look at it more as a professional way to offer video to my customers and prospects instead of solely social media.

Being able to offer video to members without having to host on the site or stream through AWS. It is easy, looks great and easy.

Vimeo review by barbara s.
(Myself Only)

"Like for professional videos"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to upload your video and I find it very interesting that most of the people that upload content are professionals that is what my videos are aimed at

What do you dislike?

recently they put ads like youtube and it was one of the things that I liked, that I did not have them

Thanks to her I have found a professional platform in which to share my videos and make them known to people and present them in their own way to clients.

Vimeo review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Vimeo for TV Commercial sales"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we can control who has access to our videos by providing them with a password to view. Also, I like the fact that we can turn off the embed feature so that people cannot steal our work. I also love the reporting tool so we can see how many viewers watch our commercials after we send out an email blast with a link to the videos.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints with Vimeo in the time we have been using it. Everything has always worked well and I haven't had any issues with it crashing or anything.

We needed a way to share examples of our television commercials with our potential clients without having them be completely visible to our competitors as well. Vimeo has been the perfect solution.

Vimeo review by Daniel P.
Director Of Distance Learning
Religious Institutions

"I love Vimeo and it is always getting better"

What do you like best?

Vimeo provides a one stop shop for all of our video hosting because it automatically compresses video in multiple formats and then provides the user with the quality best suited to their connection speed and device.

What do you dislike?

They could provide a better management system on site for sharing groups of Videos. Currently it is difficult to organize the videos once you have them put into a collection. I would consider this a huge problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vimeo is a professional looking video service that is geared towards those who want to use it in commercial applications.

Vimeo helps us deliver high quality videos to our students which leaves us free to focus on producing the best videos we can while they worry about getting the videos in a format that is viewable by the end user

Vimeo review by Ben B.
Video Professional
(Myself Only)

"Overall good platform. App needs some adjustment"

What do you like best?

The ability to assign passwords and allow clients to download their completed file.

What do you dislike?

I cannot change the ability for clients to download through the app. This makes it frustrating to have a client's payment go through and not be able to give them access to their file while on my mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and pay for the subscription. Your upload times will be MUCH faster.

It allows me to send a viewable file to clients, then replaces a watermarked video with the final video without changing the original link that I sent to the client.

Vimeo review by Mike W.
Founder + Chief Experience Designer/Storyteller
Management Consulting

"The easiest, most reliable, fastest, and most cost effective way to manage videos online"

What do you like best?

Vimeo makes it easy to upload, tag, manage, and share your video files with individuals, teams, or the general public. It automatically scales the video file to the bandwidth availability of the requestor. It's sharing capabilities with Wipster and other tools make workflow easy to set up and use.

What do you dislike?

I'd like there to be a program between pro (20Gb/week) and business (3Tb/year).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use lots of video and need to make managing it easier, Vimeo is for you.

Vimeo lets me share work-in-progress or consulting session workshops confidentially with clients and contractors. It lets me share 'dailies' with clients so that they can see the progress of our facilitated sessions and workshops even if they are far away. Vimeo has made my deliverables better and given me an edge over competitors.

Vimeo review by Administrator

"Quality for those who create and publish video!"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is the top for those in the industry looking to have a place to upload and share video. This isn't youtube. This product isn't for those looking to be found and become famous. Vimeo is especially for those who create video and want a seamless and professional place to send clients, reviewers, and house their high quality video.

What do you dislike?

The upside is almost the same as the downside. The site where videos are housed are not easily searchable. You won't get "found" by using Vimeo. You'll have to go onto the platform understanding this is not youtube and it's not meant to be. Vimeo is for those who create video to house and showcase their video.

Vimeo allows us to showcase produced videos on a professional platform that is high quality, easy to use, and most of all, high quality. We use this platform to store and showcase all our videos for display to our audiences. It allows us to not get bundled up in the cattle call of youtube videos.

Vimeo review by David C.
Owner & Chief Marketing Consultant

"An Excellent Professional Platform for Videographers"

What do you like best?

It's a great place to see inspiring work from other videographers, animators and more.

What do you dislike?

I'm not really sure where it stands, you can use YouTube for hosting anything, there are special platforms like Dribbble or Behance for specific project, then you can use it for project management but I prefer Frame.io. Vimeo gets lost in the mix it doesn't do any one thing great but several things that it's just OK at.

Sometimes I will put things on Vimeo because of it's reputation, i.e. People think it's cooler to have something Vimeo hosted for some reason.

Vimeo review by Consultant

"Great organizational too!"

What do you like best?

My team and I love the organization Vimeo brings to our business. It allows us to be sure our video are in a secure and safe spot. It's also very easy to download videos. We LOVE the fact you can tag and add a unch of details to each video.

What do you dislike?

The user experience isn't necessarily the best. We find it hard to easily find things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program to use when you need to share and download videos.

We upload doctor biographies onto Vimeo for security purposes. We are solving business problems by being able to easily share and download video across our very large business.

Vimeo review by Carolyn J.

"Easiest video upload around!"

What do you like best?

We use Vimeo in our office at least once a week to share psa's with our members so they can air on their broadcast stations and we have never had an issue.

What do you dislike?

I really, honestly can't think of anything I dislike.

Our association generates public service announcements and vimeo cuts out the need for a third party that we would have needed to create a shareable link.

Vimeo review by User in Higher Education

"great creative platform for video content."

What do you like best?

I like best about vimeo that it is a content platform that is not built on profit like youtube is so that the content shared on this platform is very artistic and of high quality and that it is less about quantity.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that even though we have paid for a pro account for several years, we would lose access to all our old videos if we would not extend our membership.

We upload high quality video content that can be shared on all our other platforms, which is not that suitable for youtube but more for a serious and more adult audience.

Vimeo review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"There's No Other Way to Put It - Vimeo Is Incredible!"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to store videos on our Vimeo account, search for older videos at a moment's notice and use video review pages for others to watch our content. I also love that Vimeo offers an option to hide videos from other users. As a private company, we have a lot of private content, and being able to share it with a link and offer password protection are both major pluses!

What do you dislike?

The fact that you have to pay a monthly subscription to reach a certain level of upload capacity. For a large business, this may not be an issue, but for small businesses or individual users, this may not be feasible. A lot of people recommend using Vimeo over other sites (like YouTube) for one's video portfolio, but when a single video maxes out the upload capacity, the limitations are evident.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vimeo is great, but as mentioned elsewhere in my review, be prepared to pay for added features and increased space. As a free service, functionality is limited, but if you can afford the monthly amount, I highly recommend it!

We use Vimeo to post video projects and share them with others in our organization. We use the video review pages and send a link to our site managers for some of more high profile videos. Otherwise, we use the software a storage site, allowing us to find, download and send older videos whenever others send a request.

Vimeo review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for our client videos"

What do you like best?

I love that there are no ads on our videos and the upload is quick! I also enjoy getting to customize the embed code and the way it is presented on other websites.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the limit to how much you can upload in a given amount of time, but we have not run into any issues after purchasing the pro account.I don't like the limit to how much you can upload in a given amount of time, but we have not run into any issues after purchasing the pro account.

Vimeo gives us a place to house all of our video marketing material with easy to share capabilities

Vimeo review by Administrator

"Vimeo for Business review"

What do you like best?

No ads, ease of use, and commitment to a smooth experience

What do you dislike?

One time upload limit in uploading videos isn't fun,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only good things to say about this! ANyone can use it. Try it!

It is so nice to use a video platform without being hounded by ads, priced correctly and is customizable. Main business problems I solve with Vimeo is moulding videos as our clients require them to be. The pre-production comments make it really easy to communicate and meet customer needs. Its pricing also makes it very attractive, so there's that financial benefit as well

Vimeo review by Stephen L.
(10,001+ employees)