Time Doctor

Accurate time tracking software that allows you to see where exactly time was spent.

Work for Time Doctor?

Learning about Time Doctor?

Time Doctor Reviews

Ask Time Doctor a Question
Showing 125 Time Doctor reviews
Dacian P.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Time Doctor
Aman S.

"Keep all the details of your employee's daily work."

What do you like best?

1. The best thing is that you can add multiple task, you used to work on, and then you can start your timer of the particular task you are going to work.

2. The good thing is that it will provide you the work time of your employees on system on daily, weekly, monthly basis so that you can easily find out which employee is working properly,

3. It also provide the screenshots of the system so that you can see what your employees are actually doing.

What do you dislike?

1.One thing i did not like is that when ever you leave your system to help other employee for 15 minutes it will ask you that are you currently on xyz project.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to track the records of all of your employees then it is the best software you should use.

It helps me to make a record of the employees.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Cy C.

"Helps me to focus on my work and get things done faster"

What do you like best?

Time Doctor has great features that allow users to be accountable and more aware of how they're spending their time. Getting set up with Time Doctor is surprisingly fast and easy. It took me less than 10 minutes to get started and become comfortable with how it works. There are many tracking tools in Time Doctor that let us know how we're spending our time online and for how long. The user interface is nicely designed and easy to work with. The pop-up messages don't invade my work environment.

What do you dislike?

For those that feel pressured and don't like to be constantly monitored, Time Doctor might negatively affect their performance and possibly their overall well being. Some of the data doesn't always give an accurate picture of someone's performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Time Doctor might seem like to hindrance to some, but I think they system can eventually make everyone work more efficiently without seeming to overbearing. If you give it some time and let the tools work for you, you might see it more as a benefit than a distraction.

Time Doctor has pop-up notices that alert with my activity updates and let me know when I'm veering off course from schedule. I feel that Time Doctor makes the work environment more fair in a way since I know that everyone is more likely to be working. It's also not overly restrictive since I'm not tracked when I clock out of the system for breaks.

Reggie A.

"A streamlined solution for improving accountability and productivity"

What do you like best?

Time Doctor has a straightforward user interface with simple functionality. I like that it provides regular notifications and reminders with thorough tracking tools and reporting features. Users have control over starting and stopping the timer so that Time Doctor can track work time accurately. The screenshots are a fantastic feature that allows us to see workers' actual screens at set intervals. I like that variety of data we receive which can allow us to analyze work flow and time spent on particular tasks. It's also great that Time Doctor can be integrated with many third-party applications.

What do you dislike?

Some workers have reported that Time Doctor occasionally slows down their computer. Also, the mobile features and functionality aren't as smooth and complete as the desktop version. The customer support team at Time Doctor is generally good, but can sometimes be hard to get a hold of and don't always have the solutions we're looking for. The on-screen notifications and reminders can be a bit overwhelming at times. I would rather have fixed fee pricing rather than per user pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Time Doctor can help your company to track workers' time and activities both in-office and remotely. It is a real-time digital system that can greatly streamline your work time logging process. The screenshot feature is an excellent way to keep your workers accountable without being physically present. Even with the potentially high pricing, the higher accountability and productivity with Time Doctor can potentially give you a hefty ROI.

We have used Time Doctor to effectively track the work activities of our employees and to analyze the efficiency of their work time. The data we obtain from Time Doctor reports helps us to improve work flow and streamlines the payroll reporting process. We are more accountable when it comes to billing clients, which most of our clients greatly appreciate. With Time Doctor, we have improved our overall project completion times.

AC

"Unmitigated disaster"

What do you like best?

Having to email their support to cancel my account...I'm joking that was just the last annoying thing I was forced to do with this company. Nothing...I like absolutely nothing about it.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely terrible piece of software. I cannot for the life of me understand why this software has such high ratings. We used it for about six months and had nothing but problems with it. Some of the issues were:

1. Time not syncing between mobile, desktop, and web clients.

2. Time not accurately being tracked.

3. Unable to archive old project-tasks or projects.

4. Tasks and projects not syncing between mobile, desktop, and web clients.

5. Time is missing. In other words, time would be tracked and then disappear.

6. Employees who worked on sensitive areas like finance had their accounts set to blur screenshots. This never worked. They were completely in the clear which could have been a huge problem if our clients ever found out.

This has been a disaster from start to finish. We've had to manually fix tracked-time, re-bill customers, refund customers, and start all over again with an much better alternative called HubStaff--whom I highly recommend.

The biggest problem with Time Doctor is that we were working with their "support team" for over a month and supposedly they were working on fixing our problems...This turned out to be a lie. Nothing ever got fixed. The support team would never proactively give us any information regarding what they were working on and we always had to reach out to them for an update; the updates contained no actual progress information of any kind...So in other words: we were being blown off.

We are in software development ourselves and this whole platform reeks of something that was built by cheap, overseas, outsourced development teams, OR it was something that has been rushed to market. You need to avoid Time Doctor and Staff.com like the plague. The two companies are linked and perhaps merging because recently Staff.com had a message on their website that said something to the effect of "A TimeDoctor Company." They also have identical logos.

Final thoughts: if you use Time Doctor to track work for your clients you are going to be in a world of hurt. You will overcharge and undercharge clients and when they figure it out (like ours did) they will be pissed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go with Hubstaff.com instead. DO NOT use Time Doctor or Staff.com which appear to be the same company.

Time tracking for the purpose of billing customers.

"Compatibility issues with Mac"

What do you like best?

The ability to watch where most of your time is spent throughout the workday. Can help with time management and monitoring your computer activity while at work, especially in a remote work environment where a lot of what you do is independent. You are held more accountable and this helps with that.

What do you dislike?

There are some functions on Time Doctor that just do not work with Mac computers. Screenshots, which isn't a big deal because I am not a fan of them. The clicks and typing sometimes do not register accurately and show as having little to no activity. Certain versions of TD will crash on me constantly, but the one I am using right now is fine. v0.19.09.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not use Mac with TD, you will have some compatibility issues.

A majority of our company's employees are remote, so it definitely helps with managing productivity and monitoring/tracking it as well. I can see how this can be especially helpful for supervisor and managers.

Ernesto S.

"Good for tracking time and activities"

What do you like best?

*Easy to use, good for activity tracking, projects, etc.

*You have an online portal where you can administrate all projects / people / screenshots

*Very friendly to use

What do you dislike?

*It can be a little annoying to feel that everyone that have admin access can see the screenshots of your computer, see which software and how much time do you spend on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Disable the auto turn off function, this will prevent that if you leave the computer for X amount of time, it disables time doctor

In the company we use time doctor to keep track of the time that we spent on specific tasks and we validate the work of people.

Petr B.

"One of the best tool for our team"

What do you like best?

I can very easily add new projects, new task and also assign team member to it very quickly.We can also easily create access for our clients which is big benefit for us as 95% of clients requesting to have overview of our worked time and also screenshots.There is also very useful function which is mobile app.We are using this app to check our team if they reach daily set working hours.

What do you dislike?

When i did set access for client there is Payment request section which i would like to hide as some client was surprised why it is there.But there is not possibility to hide it.Otherwise there is not any fucntion im dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to track your time with windows software i would really suggest TimeDoctor as their app is 100% working and without any bugs.

We are tracking our team activity and of course we are sharing worked time with our clients.

Honestly i didnt find on the market app which suit me more.Windows app is fully working and it is without any bugs.TimeDoctor team is updating app very regularly.

Ruby J.

"Time management's best tool"

What do you like best?

There's a lot to love in Time Doctor. I can quickly and easily create new projects and new tasks, track time with the click of a button, switch tasks easily, pull up reports, edit time, see exactly how much time I am spending on a certain task, etc. There's basically nothing I don't like here. Previously I had to write down time to track it and it was a pain. This is so much easier and an awesome deal for the price too!

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Time Doctor, to be honest. However, if I could make a suggestion for improvement, I'd like them to somehow integrate phone time automatically into Time Doctor. So basically, I want to be able to automatically pull up how long I spent talking to a certain client over the phone without having to manually add that time.

I am saving a ton of time with Time Doctor, since I no longer have to track my time manually. Writing invoices is much easier because I just have to input the date range and client into the Dashboard and it will tell me exactly how much time I should bill for. This is basically an app that I really couldn't work without.

Amy C.

"Awesome service... I've tried other similar services and none are so user friendly."

What do you like best?

I need to track hours I spend on projects for clients.

Super simple interface and the desktop app reminds me if I start working and I'm not in a task. That's actually HUGE for me. I'm doing so many things, without the reminder that I am working/need to report my working (by popping up if I'm not on a project), I wouldn't remember. I've been there before with other projects.

I recently hired someone who will be working remotely. I appreciate knowing how time is spent if I am paying hourly.

What do you dislike?

I'm having a hard time with anything I dislike. The only thing I can think of is that when I go onto Facebook or YouTube, etc. (as part of a job), the application asks "are you still working on..." LOL! Everyone's judging me!!! I feel judged! I'm creating a Facebook ad--that's work!!!

Seriously, I would like to be able to select all projects and they view the total # of hours at the top. Right now, I have to 'print' it to see the total number of hours on the selected projects (otherwise the screen lists the Projects and then tasks with a total for the individual project). It's an annoying extra step.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Starting out they gave me the $5.99 rate before I hired an employee, I really liked that. I don't know that I was committed enough to pay $9.99/mo. off the bat, but the program pays for itself.

I signed up for it with an immediate goal. You see, I work for one client on flat monthly rate for a number of years. We renegotiate every year based on new responsibilities he gives me, etc.

So, even though I'm a flat monthly fee, I had a feeling that I was working way more hours than was worth my pay, so I started to track the hours with detailed descriptions and was shocked over a 3 month period how many hours I actually worked. I had tried doing this in the past with other applications, but I couldn't keep up with them, they required me to 'start the clock' and I would forget to turn it on.

When he saw my report, he was floored. It helped me negotiate better pay and it helped him understand where he was potentially wasting time--and my time-- and what took a lot of time with a low rate of return for him.

But after that, I never turned back. I use TimeDoctor all the time.

And another benefit is, with other clients, I never get any "what were you doing that took X hours?" I include the project report with detailed line items along with an invoice. No questions. I think they like the accounting for time.

So the overall benefit was realizing where I spent my time and realized that hiring someone I could actually make more money. I have her on the program as well.

Chris B.

"The most valuable app for tracking and billing clients "

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use and the ability to log different projects with different clients. I also like the reminder function for time that I'm spending not working and it prompts me when I spent too much time not working.

What do you dislike?

The logging of manual time is a bit clunky, It is difficult to log an exact time if you have to scroll through every minute of the day. I would prefer it if they could break it up into minutes and hours to get this done quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great product and great value for money. I do not use all the features of this product but I can see that this is a great time management tool for larger corporations.

I can log exactly the amount of hours that I spend per client and per project. It makes billing easy at the end of the month.

Kevin C.

"I can't live without Time Doctor"

What do you like best?

I like that Time Doctor integrates with many project management platforms. We use JIRA and the integration is great. I also like being able to see the tasks my contractors are working on and how much time they spent and on which tasks. I also like the payroll feature so both myself and my contracts can see how much they are earning and will be paid for the next pay period, this helps me to see if they are working enough and if they are working on the right things.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way for me to build custom integrations or plugins so that I could have a way to customize how Time Doctor works without having to wait for the feature I want to be added

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it and see if it meets most, if not all your needs.

I have an easy way for my contractors to keep track of the time they spend on issues in JIRA and for me to see what they are working on and have worked on. It also allows me to see at the end of the week how much I have to pay them at the end of the week since it has the ability for me to add how much per hour I pay each person

Jesse E.

"Use it everyday with my staff"

What do you like best?

Work in the outsourcing industry I cannot say how imperative it is to have time doctor. An example is that my programmers were only logging 22 hours their first week on the program when I thought they were on 40 hours. That was a couple years ago before Agile and Time Doctor. I am now using Time Doctor along with Jira to do proper scrum/agile management and I cannot stress how important time doctor is in the mix for accountability. I find it particularly useful for our telemarketers and admin staff.

What do you dislike?

Overall I think Time doctor is great. I can't think of too many negatives to be honest, it does what it says it will. I do wish the poor time usage reports could be tweaked on sensitivity though

Recommendations to others considering the product:

give it a go on the free trial and see if you like it.

the obvious - employees not wasting time. It makes them accountable and they work harder because they know they are under the watch.

Lachlan S.

"TimeDoctor Isn't Time Tracking - It's Clarity In Your Business or Organisation "

What do you like best?

At first I just used Timedoctor to see where my days went.. And now it has become an absolute integral part of our business, and we will be rolling it out for all staff - not just senior staff members. It's a simple and very reliable tool with a great interface. It ticks all boxes, screenshots, project allocation, exporting of data.. the list goes on.

What do you dislike?

Because TimeDoctor fulfils all of our needs, and it has an easy to user interface. It prompts you to use it so you don't easily forget. And it's well priced, so I have no dislikes.

We have realised with ease what projects are profitable on our time vs. ones that aren't. We have learnt to allocate time much more efficiently based on the data that Time Doctor provides. Also, we solve the age old "What are you doing on our campaign" - boom, pull the report on their project and you can simply hand it over :)

Sam T.

"Time Doctor has revolutionized the way me, my team, and our company accomplishes work."

What do you like best?

I love that Time Doctor has multiple levels of structure where you can set up main level projects and then have smaller tasks within each project. Since we run a film production company, this is essential for tracking time spent within each phase of production (pre-produciton, production, and post-production).

What do you dislike?

Things that could be improved upon include:

1. Clean up the web and app interface to mimic the new desktop interface (clean layout, green and purple color scheme, etc.)

2. I wish there was a way where you can select a check box to see the total amount of time spent on a project instead of always having to select a date range

3. Not being able to sort permanent tasks into folders is troublesome and should be added as a category

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're in need of time tracking software that's versatile, affordable, and powerful, then Time Doctor is for you. It's ability to be completely customizable and provide you with intuitive data is fantastic.

Peta W.

"Enables accurate cost-analysis and easy billing (as well as keeping me on task!)"

What do you like best?

Time Doctor has been great for our team but personally, I love the reminders to stay on task if I accidentally fall down a social media rabbit hole!

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Time Doctor doesn't integrate with Quickbook Online.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an extremely cost-effective solution for time tracking/billing. Websites/application tracking and random screenshots can be turned on or off. It does not offer as many integrations as other platforms.

Time Doctor provides a full breakdown of all time on all projects and has allowed us to evaluate what each person is spending their time on.

This has enabled us to ensure workloads are more balanced and make decisions based on an accurate cost-analysis when deciding whether to outsource certain tasks.

Jon M.

"Easy to use app to a valuable asset -- Your Time"

What do you like best?

Easy to use with my iPhone. I can start and stop tracking tasks and projects with a few taps. There is a search function within the mobile app to help you find previously used tasks.

What do you dislike?

The reports available on desktop are very robust. It would be good to add some reports to the mobile app, for example "daily time summary"

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out to see if you like tracking time and if the data is beneficial for you business. The monthly subscription is reasonably priced so you are not making a big investment to try it out.

I am a financial advisor who earns revenue on a fixed fee or a % of assets under management. By using Time Doctor to track time spent on each client, I can estimate which clients are more profitable than others.

Ana C.

"Productivity at its best, no need to write an End-of-the-day report. All activities are well listed"

What do you like best?

Sometimes, I have to edit the time to add some projects or activities which I forgot to enter or there are times, urgent matters come up and not being able to put the task. I can easily edit. At the same time, I can show to my upline that there are no wasted time.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like it when I am watching video trainings and then time doctor will pop up and the coffee shows up, am I still working or taking a break? Of course I am still working lol. Automated reminders are sometimes annoying. But yep, I understand that is also a necessary feature of the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this to all our co-employees so everybody is on the right track of keeping their tasks listed. This will save them a lot of time and effort.

We are able to solve tracking all the activities being done the whole day. Very efficient and we don't waste any more time listing them in an EOD because there is a tendency to not being able to remember them all.

Michael B.

"Two years with total control of tasks and time tracking"

What do you like best?

I have used Time Doctor for almost 2 years now, and it make me work more effective with clients, and at the same time, it is easier to find out how much time we have used at specific clients, or specific tasks. It is also a great way to keep track with emploees not working next to you, or just being working from home a couple of days.

What do you dislike?

Only thing that bothers me, is the fixed corporate time zone, and that the time settings can't be per user.

It is very easy to get an overview of one client, and create the correct invoice. It is also very easy to follow up on wich tasks that has been used too much time on, and wich emploees that needs help in managing their projects.

Carolyn B.

"Time Doctor is Effective and Cost-Efficient"

What do you like best?

Time Doctor provides an effective and cost-efficient choice for time tracking a project management. I use this product with all of my client projects and I love that I can provide them with their own login credentials which give them access to their file and related screenshots.

What do you dislike?

The only shortcomings with Time Doctor are not offering an annual subscription discount for solo users and having somewhat weak and slow customer service replies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for solopreneurs that need to keep track of multiple projects and clients.

Time Doctor has helped me solve my need for a time tracker with screenshot capabilities. The vast report options have made it easier for me to complete invoicing and keep my clients up-to-date.

Gemma B.

"Using time doctor software is very nice, pleasant and awesome."

What do you like best?

I like it the best because it helps me organize my time during working hours. It is very useful and giving you a very good time management.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike this software, in fact I loved using it because it really helps me organize my time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I will definitely recommend this software to my friends, so they will also experience all the benefits while using time doctor in their everyday work.

It gives me a lot of benefits like time management, I don't have more time to consume in my everyday work by using this software.

Jose M.

"Great tracking time tool"

What do you like best?

Time Doctor allows you to track your daily activity in a comprehensive manner. You can be aware of your current tasks and add more new tasks as they come.

What do you dislike?

If you have more than one desktop, you cannot decide which one will show on screenshots.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Time doctor is the correct time tracking tool, in order to optimize your time and your team.

Be more effectively, you can move from one task to another if there is something you need to track.

Bethany M.

"Great Accountability Tool"

What do you like best?

Accountability with this product is great, you have to move your mouse or be typing for it to count as your time

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way it asks you ever 9 minutes or so if you're still working if it hasn't registered a mouse click or any typing. I also dislike the screenshot feature

Accountability with employees is great, it is a very useful tool to monitor what employees are doing

Daniel T.

"Invaluable for keeping track of my time for billing purposes"

What do you like best?

It's great for tracking my tasks and being able to break down my time when it comes to billing. It's also nice that it can take screenshots for those times that you forgot what you were working on.

What do you dislike?

It is annoying not being able to easily clear many of the old tasks in bulk.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool with many integrations. Simple but powerful way to track your time .

As a contractor/consultant I need to bill my clients the hours I work. This tool works very well for keeping track of what I'm doing and being able to keep a record of my work (via screenshots).

Paul H.

"Great app for busy workers. "

What do you like best?

I work in graphic design and it is important that I keep a record of time I take on projects. The app is very easy to use and accurate. I like the way the projects are organised and the desktop to mobile function is great. Time Doctor makes it easy for me to keep track of everything I do and helps me with quoting of projects and organising my time. Very valuable.

What do you dislike?

The desktop interface could look a little better. It would be also helpful if tasks could be arranged in alphabetical order.

Being able to quote for projects with more accuracy as I work on an day and hour rate.

Sacha M.

"Time Doctor is brilliant for flexible time logging"

What do you like best?

Syncing timers from mobile apps, desktop software and third-party systems keeps time logging accurate and works with you, not constraining your workflow in any way - fully editable across all data - a joy to use!

What do you dislike?

No website-based timing, which would make it perfect, in addition to the mobile & desktop clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try with the free limited account, which is only restricted by the number of team members (1), otherwise is fully operational and will allow to see how easily it can fit into and aid your workflow - highly recommended!

Easy project & task logging, especially good for tracking software development times against estimates

Mykyta S.

"Review by Mykyta "

What do you like best?

It's really simple for my teammates that are tracking time.

What do you dislike?

A bit complicated interface for me as an admin. I think, it can be improved a bit. Also, I have some issues with the performance, but it's pretty minor issues so i have nothing to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My apologies, I'm not a pro user, so I have nothing to say much about it.

I have 2 remote workers, that are tracking time, to make me not worried giving me a proof that they are working)

I don't use invoicing, but may be in the future it will a great option for me .

Eduardo A.

"A good but not perfect experience with a time/task tracker app."

What do you like best?

It is a complete tool with many features.

What do you dislike?

From the many features not everything can be customizable, there are stuffs that can be good to be able of activate/deactivate.

Also the reports generated by the program are super simple and "ugly".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is recommended for the ones that are looking for a solution about task/time tracking, the think that has to be taken into account before is that some features cannot been customizable, for example there is no option for deactivating the mouse/keyboard tracking.

I'm a freelancer offering my services to a company that asks for proofs of work.

Omri G.

"VA managing made easy"

What do you like best?

Best tool I found to managing remote workers.

Very easy to use and setup.

Has everything and more that I need.

What do you dislike?

Rarely has a bug but support is quick to resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Already recommended them to a few people in the industry

We have a lot of Filipino remote workers and managing someone in a different time zone and not in your office sounds like a nightmare. Buy Time Doctor really made our life much simple. One of our office employees is setup as a manager and it allows him to keep track of all the remote workers easily.

Dianne Mae P.

"TimeDoctor is great for freelancers and start-up business owners"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and integrates nicely with other applications that I usually use with my clients.

What do you dislike?

Pricing for additional users is a bit high for start-up entrepreneurs but it is understandable and a worthwhile investment

As a freelancer, TimeDoctor helps you in being more transparent with your client thereby putting them at ease when working with a remote team/staff for the first time. It also helped me in being more productive since I am more conscious of the time that I allocate towards certain tasks.

CM
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Learn where your (and your team's) time is being used up on"

What do you like best?

Time is one of the most precious resources anyone has but the reality is, when we get caught up in our projects, we don't realize how much time we really are taking on certain tasks. I love that TimeDoctor really helps you identify what projects your time is being spent on and you'll see if you need to reevaluate or stay on track with your activities.

What do you dislike?

TimeDoctor does a great job syncing with the most popular project management software but it's still not perfect just yet. I haven't had success creating my subdomain so that client logins don't see a timedoctor subdomain to review time.

TimeDoctor helps me track time to pay my contractors, It also helps me show clients the amount of time it's taking to crush out their projects.

Diga P.

"Great working experience"

What do you like best?

The reports, time tracking, screenshots, I like everything about time tracking

What do you dislike?

I have been using time doctor since more than a year for my team, it has been helpful by all means. There is nothing I think of that needs to be worked upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As I work virtually, Time Doctor has helped me cultivate trust from my clients.

Ulla D.

"timemanagement for myself"

What do you like best?

Precise. Seriously. My customers see every minute when I'm working, all used software and every visited website - and watch the random screenshots, so no doubt I'm really doing that task. And all the time I'm thinking (no keyboard taps, yeah).

What do you dislike?

nothing! Why is this field required?

Well, several times TD disappeared with no alert, but hope it'll not repeat.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO not send letters to tech support, they don't read...

Now I can estimate how many hours I spend for the task - so no undervaluation now.

Liz P.

"Monitor, motivate, mitigate (risk) -- Gain insight to your team's performance like never before"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, quick deployment and adaption time, insight in real-time (screen shots) to know what project teams are doing, ability to conduct cost analysis on a resource or project basis.

What do you dislike?

That the tool is sometimes mistaken as a "spying" technique.

We have solved several business issues by using TIme Doctor, but one is that it has given us insight into our employees; those with poor time usage are very often fired (or quit). This has enabled us to better monitor some "problem" resources to put in place corrective measures faster.

"Time Doctor, is it really necessary?"

What do you like best?

I've had to use Time Doctor to keep track of work done at the last company I worked for and I must say, it's pretty annoying. As far as it's functionality goes, it does work as it's supposed to. The problem is that it can easily be worked around by creating a macro.

What do you dislike?

Design-wise, it's not very intuitive to work with and gets a little annoying with a timer displaying on your screen at all times. It should be minimized and used in the background.

Time Doctor helps optimize small business expenditure on labor costs with some added functionality like privacy invasion which might not be the right move. The benefits here are, obviously, saving money at the cost of employee satisfaction with trust.

Ashar S.

"Pleasant Journey with Time Doctor"

What do you like best?

It makes me punctual. Moreover, i feel so good in a case i came late in my office, Manager will not point out me that why i came late. Every thing is automated and i will be responsible for my attendance and performance at the end of the month.

What do you dislike?

Auto brake, While i am discussing some issue on floor, or listening to supervisor

It make employees punctual

It helps in making payrolls

Both manager and employees have no bad conversation or questions like Why you come late? and many more

Daniel M.

"Simple, Have everything what your really need"

What do you like best?

I like that when I have the break I'm not must think to stop a timer, when I go to youtube or facebook I get the question: "Are you still working"?", and when I work and forget click "start work" TeamViewer ask me about that...

What do you dislike?

Sometimes TimeDoctor crash on Ubuntu...

Issues from GitHub is not refreshing... I must turn off GitHub integration and turn on again to see my new issues ;/

I'm not thinking about time, and when I lose my mind and forget about work TimeDoctor motivate me

Susana R.

"Efficient"

What do you like best?

Time doctor is really easy to use, we get to track our overseas team members and we appreciate having a screenshot feature making sure everyone is using the time as efficient as they can.

What do you dislike?

Having to ask permission to work on a phone or Ipad is a bit inconvenient for the administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use!

Having Time Doctor has been beneficial to our team to track our team as we have employees outside the country and sometimes it can get tricky with schedules, time abuse etc.

"Manage your time and review what projects take the most of your time"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and the daily report that shows how much time I have spent on each product. Sometimes when I forget to update my time, I can easily edit and change what I am working on. I also love the weekly report to show how much I have worked over the week and it helps my boss to know what is going on in all departments with a quick glance of our time sheets.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything to dislike about this! As a salaried worker, I have never had to clock my time, but since we started using this I am enjoying the ability to see where my time is spent and it helps me stay focused.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We are now able to see if certain clients or projects are taking more time than they should. This is going to help us move forward in the future and help us be more successful as a whole.

Connie S.

"Time Doctor for Mac"

What do you like best?

Customization of reminders. This helps if we are working on a project longer than normal or forget to track when we return from a break.

What do you dislike?

Have had some problems with it crashing when OS was updated.

It has been very helpful to accurately track time spent on our work for our customers. Billing is easier, we are able to track each project for each person and each task performed by the employee. Customers can be billed accurately and payroll for staff and contractors is accurately tracked.

Allison L.

"Comprehensive and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Time Doctor's time clock is intuitive and is always sending me reminders - because I have a terrible habit of forgetting to clock back in after breaks. More so, the ability to adjust your preferences makes it easy to custom tailor those notifications to suit your specific needs.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike here - I've used a lot of time clocks in the past and Time Doctor is my favorite by far.

Using Time Clock to track efficiency, hours, and tasks makes juggling teams of contractors easy.

Anil G.

"Finally my problem is solved, with the best time tracking software is there."

What do you like best?

I love following

#1. Reports PDF, Excel , CSV Everything is there

#2. Automatically turn on.

#3. Pinging constantly whether you are working or not.

What do you dislike?

Linux Version, it still needs improvements, The side bar does not go way.

The pricing is little high.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it's the best software if you want to avoid constant pinging people to work. and to manage teams remotely and inhouse.

1. Reporting.

2. I can see everything done in one place.

3. I can bill clients more clearly and honestly.

Guy J.

"Time Doctor has provided both intended and unexpected benefits."

What do you like best?

Time tracking and improved efficiencies.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike. Time Doctor suits my needs very well.

Before Time Doctor, management used to wonder where our administration hours went but now, regardless of whether the work is completed in the office or remotely, we accurately track and report on our time. Time Doctor assists us in staying on task, remaining efficient, making better business decisions in regard to adoption of processes and software and automatically generates timesheets assisting with payroll.

Oldřich H.

"Complete overview of major activity projects and other directions"

What do you like best?

Easy user interface control and quality overview of activities by projects for the selected period, the ability to export data

What do you dislike?

Finding an Existing Task - Trying to avoid unwanted duplicity by repeated create

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do you want to improve control over your activities and their time-consuming needs?

Do you want to get clear billing information?

Complete review of hours worked for billing by customers and projects. It brings more invoiced hours, improves the time-consuming estimate when planning additional projects and tasks

Oswaldo R.

"Excellent software, perfect"

What do you like best?

Very practical software to work with.

It solved my problem of contrale of hours and control of realized activities.

What do you dislike?

The software is very good, I have nothing to complain about. My productivity has increased a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Software very good, helped me a lot in organizing the control of hours worked and activities performed

My biggest problem was having a control of hours worked per person, with Time Doctor I started to have daily control of the activities performed by people.

Eve B.

"Most needed feature from our partner in business"

What do you like best?

The best is the screenshot feature, as freelancers working remotely its our only proof to clients were doing things at best, followed by how reports are generated and the flexibility of the app.

What do you dislike?

Request for Payment is only available in US Dollars. No invoicing feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the trial and see for yourself the goodness it can bring to you and to your business.

To monitor my VAs working remotely. The ability to generate payroll without counting hours anymore.

"Lots of features but useless coz it's super buggy"

What do you like best?

Screenshots are helpful, easy to switch between tasks to track

What do you dislike?

Their software suddenly stops tracking time and you won't notice unless you actually review EACH entry EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's a pain! They promised a fixed several times but still haven't really fixed aything

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get your support act together. Fix your bugs.

As a business, it's great to know how your employees are tracking time. As an employee, using this software is beyond frustrating since at the back of your head, you never know if they tracked your work hours logged right.

"Would not recommend, too many glitches"

What do you like best?

I initially got fairly quick response time to questions.

What do you dislike?

There seemed to be discrepancies that were not very well explained. There was also an incident where my time did not record and there was a problem on their end and I could not recover the information. I had to rebuild my time line of work to justify my pay and still lost some earnings because of that. Staff was not helpful at all at that point and we discontinued business with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s been over a year since we used them.

We were using it to login admin time for our pet sitting/dog walking business. It was useful in tracking time, however we soon found discrepancies.

Clare J.

"The Best Software for VAs"

What do you like best?

Daily reports showing me the hours I have worked

What do you dislike?

Found it a bit problematic to work out how to setup for multiple clients

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fantastic tool to track your time, I especially like the pop-up that appears when you're away from your computer because it's easy to forget to switch the timer off sometimes!

I'm able to provide each client with a report on what I've worked on and how many hours I've done

Elizabeth Rebekah T.

"User friendly and very useful! "

What do you like best?

I like best the screen shots, mouse and keyboard action detection and the applications list as well. You can really monitor and trust that your employees are doing the job while on the clock.

What do you dislike?

A bit expensive, $20 for 3 people while I was only paying for $10 with two people.

Makes it easier to keep time on multiple employees and submit reports to employers.

Learning about Time Doctor?

* We monitor all Time Doctor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.