Hubstaff Reviews & Product Details

Hubstaff Overview

What is Hubstaff?

Fight inefficiency and work better with streamlined time tracking, team and project management from Hubstaff. Accurately track time with our lightweight desktop, web, and mobile apps. See work happen in real time with screen capture, GPS tracking and geofences while you view reports, send invoices, pay your team, and keep moving forward. Plus, Hubstaff integrates with over 30 apps like Jira, Trello, Asana, Github, and Paypal so your business can run seamlessly. Available for Mac, Windows, Linux, Chromebook and Chrome extension, Android and iOS.

Hubstaff Details

Time tracking software with proof of work, screenshots, activity tracking, application monitoring and in-depth reports.

Hubstaff has 30+ integrations, guards against double counting tracked time, and has native apps for Windows, Mac and Linux. We also include screenshots, application monitoring, URL monitoring and more for remote team management. Automatic payroll is also included.

Hubstaff

Hubstaff Reviews

Showing 336 Hubstaff reviews
Already have Hubstaff?
Lead Application Developer
What do you like best?

Hubstaff has enhanced the productivity of my organization as it provides the clear and transparent idea about the entire working due to which I am capable of making more intuitive plan. Whenever my team goes out for the field work this tool provides me the clear picture about their field location thus I can manage the work load by assign the task to the nearest team member to visit certain client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing I like least is that while working on particular projects I have to face problem in dragging and dropping due to which discussing plans become really difficult. Furthermore there should be availability of live chat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest you to have this tool. It will give right direction to your organization. It won’t be wrong if I say that it is one window solution provider right form time management to the generation of pay rolls and the clear reporting as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This tool has provided me time sheets and now I have got rid of the spread sheets thus I find it very easy to use software. Further it always equips me with the latest information about the workings of the team member on the basis of which I can easily make the pay rolls and send the invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have been using this tool for managing tasks in our organization as we all are sitting at home and working due to this pandemic. We use this tool to track time and effectively manage tasks among the team.The reporting feature of this tool is easy to understand as it represents everything in graphs and beautiful charts. Using this tool the productivity of the team has increased. Also, it records everything that makes every team member to be more concentrated toward work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This tool is amazing and I have nothing against it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is best if you are running a remote-based team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This tool is helping one of the biggest problem efficiency in the team. With help of this tool, we can keep track of every team member's activities and efficiently manage projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruitment Associate
What do you like best?

Hubstaff tasks would be the simplest method of beginning with an easy workflow, after testing numerous resources for the Project Manager. It's the primary characteristics that you have to work in the Kanban flow. Either a clear template or perhaps 1 of the preset workflows is really simple to produce a quick board. Very low friction. Very low. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The product could enhance a few of fundamental things. It will be wonderful in case you can just copy & paste an entire project and just retitle it. I make use of the program as being a portal so I will save myself a great deal of time every month in case I might reused the exact same denial once again to a new customer rather than creating a complete brand new project from above. I'd also love the site to work a bit more on cellular. I recognized it's way too simple to get rid of a product on touch desktops, etcetera. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Due to the above reasons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is wonderful to have the ability to make use of it with the customers of mine as being a commutation/portal in a IT organization type. It simultaneously replaces the demand for a lot of tools. This way transparency is probable at the conclusion of a buyer, as a platform may be informed for an hour or each time of labor etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Surgeon
What do you like best?

Good tech support. Received a live chat or prompt response 95% of the time. We tried multiple solutions and I spent at least 4 hours of time with support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tracking/jobsite feature simply does not work consistently. I have 2 job sites and only 4 employees. Excellent internet and WiFi connectivity at both. App never logged them on to jobsite, logged them out prematurely, and as (last straw for me) missed accounting for at least one employee on multiple days.

The cost (physician owner of a private practice) to me in the hassle of entering handwritten timesheets on EVERY payroll was bad enough. Having staff write in their own hours defeated the entire purpose of the app: my attempt to avoid time theft.

I had high hopes to make the task of payroll easier, and this was honestly one of the biggest letdowns in my 20 years of practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once set up, test the jobsite tracking of time across IoS and Android platforms. Arrive and depart at the jobsite several times and see if the timer keeps up. This was my early warning that there were troubles and for 3 months I hoped it would get better but it did not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tried multiple solutions to get timer to work and properly track hours to no avail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Sarah Craig of Hubstaff

Hi John,

We appreciate your feedback,

I am sorry to hear that the software caused you more work, the behavior that you are describing is definitely not normal which is why I would like to look into this further for you.

Would you mind shooting me an email at Sarah@hubstaff.com so I can look into this for you?

Thanks again.

What do you like best?

This platform allows us to keep track of time through desktop, web and mobile applications that are super simple and easy to use; Hubstaff allows us to carry out various jobs through a single control panel, in addition to this, it integrates with various applications so that your company can function more efficiently. You manage to keep track of how work is done in real time, track location, identify obstacles and find a solution to move forward effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We really haven't had a problem with Hubstaff. It is an excellent application, very easy to use and rich in features. It has brought us huge improvements in all areas and a satisfying product to use. Something they need to improve is that sometimes time is temporarily wasted, which creates uncertainty for contractors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hubstaff is perfect for budget planning, workflow management, time tracking and supervision. It's great anywhere from large companies to individual freelancers. One case where Hubstaff might not be the best is if you value having a project dashboard, to-do lists, or tags. However, it is a great platform and we will continue to work with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hubstaff makes it very easy to manage team or empowered staff. The interaction of the screens allows us to keep abreast of what each developer is working on, whether they are in or out of the city. The level of activity has helped us monitor how much each developer is investing and we can give an immediate response to any problem Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Finance And Operations
What do you like best?

This tool has helped me to generate effective reports based on its tracking and monitoring feature which has enabled me to analyze the onsite work progress of my team thus its Geo fencing helps me in automatic time tracking. Further I am so much clear in tracking my team member’s real time activities as it gives me the transparent idea about the work in progress with optional screenshots and even I can open a certain URL activity. This tool provides me details analytics based on keyboard and mouse usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hubstaff is one of the most advanced kind of time tracking solution. Since I have been using its services I have become very comfortable because of getting effective services. I really appreciate it’s all services and its customer support which gives responsive response on all quarries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is excellent for providing the details reporting and you can manage the time sheets efficiently. I would say there is no match of this powerful tool must use it once you will love its all features and functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hubstaff has helped me in generating time sheets and reports and on their basis I am capable of managing the budget as I know where to invest and which is the important issue to be settle down. This tool works really well for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chromebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Architect
What do you like best?

Since I have implemented this tool in my organization, I am at ease to easily judge the work progress of my particular team member in this it has become easy for me to evaluate them and thus I can give read them in addition it has becomes easy for my entire team to manage numerous projects at one time because we always have the transparent idea about the urgency of the certain project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing which I do not like about this tool. It is very effective and profit generation software but one thing I want is that its interface looks bulky and there should be some graphical representation for the monthly and annual analysis, as it gives a sudden glimpse of the progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is highly recommended for all those people want to organize their work and especially those who are associated with filed working. It will recommend to even entire sales sector it will help you to clearly organize and manage the daily tasks and you will have the clear picture about you next step. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is the most user friendly application and it has become my daily need too as I am capable of organizing my work in an effective way. This software has helped to take and insight of the work progress and it always keeps me up to date by provide effective reporting about the utility of the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The screenshots are critical for both our customers to verify what we've worked on (even though they've yet to question us) and for me to verify that work is getting done by my employee. The screenshots also help me in case I forget to stop the timer. Also critical is Hubstaff's integration with our Zoho Projects and Gusto accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We switched to Hubstaff after using Timecamp (Timecamp's desktop timer app was unstable). I do wish that Hubstaff's desktop timer app had the ability to know when I had switched to working on a new project, like Timecamp's app has, so that I don't have to remember to switch the timer myself. But maybe that's why Timecamp's app was unstable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to run reports that help us to know when it's time to increase our prices for our fixed-price customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

i like this software because it manage time currently and show idle time and asked to remove your time take screen shot properly one screen shot for 10 min Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

very less think to dislilke this but its bad for keypad button not count properly we can manage only by cursor and dropdown button Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

every thing is good its light also but my advise is screnshot take increse at least for 15 min Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

one day i forget to on hubstaff in my system but hubstaff provide option to add your time 2 hour i forget to on hubstaff then i manage time with hubstaff and it manage properly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a platform that allows you to manage billing, create reports through a complete and unique dashboard. You will be able to visualize in real time how the work is carried out and track the location with GPS and geo-delimitation. It is available for Windows, Mac, Linux and on mobile devices, iOS and Android. It is composed of a variety of integrations such as Asana, Paypal, Basecamp among others. It is easy to use, and its interface is clean and organized for optimal user performance and management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are happy because our experience with hubstaff has been satisfactory and we obtain the results that we were looking for for our company, however after the updates it freezes or rents on some occasions, it makes us lose a little time, this does not mean which is a bad platform, but it could be much better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is ideal to track the time and performance of the work team or a person, you can carry out better budget planning, work flow management, monitor the internet among others, you can also use it anywhere since it has a mobile version and desktop. It has tools and functions that are easy to use, in general, it is very complete compared to other software. Recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Hubstaff to track the time of all the work team that we have distributed in different time zones and cities, it is easy to use and the work time tracking is accurate, in fact if you are not connected to the internet, as soon as the connection is reestablished, it sends you the data. It also helps us improve the billing we do to customers, allows the entire support team to point out any concern that may arise with the teams they manage. It also provides a controlled method to continue scaling businesses that we run in different countries as if we were in a single space, in general it is very complete. The results are truly gratifying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Its a very amazing thing to manage your employee and have him/her productivity increased. As much as I liked the application I can only recommend it my friends who manages the team and not the one who is under any manager. Do not want to get micro managed by my Manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Privacy. Sometime you gotta work something different than that of your usual work. And need not show your employee. Screenshots are pain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm being more productive and asking for more work even If I don't have any. Because I can't sit idle while I'm being paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Product Designer
What do you like best?

I don't really see anything good to be mentioned, not a single feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Probably the most pathetic or unjust application, it's impossible to record time spent on research, ideation design thinking, etc

they way it calculates percentage is also ridiculous if you're designing a screen or writing code and you take a few seconds or minutes to think or ideate or research, it won't record that time and only records mouse clicks and movements. Apart from all the cons it's also very buggy, I have not been able to log time, the app has a bug which is not letting me slelect tasks to log hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wanted to manage my logged hours through Hubstaff, however, it's a total waste of money, time and peace of mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Sarah Craig of Hubstaff

Hi Waqas,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you experienced issues with our software please reach out to me directly at Sarah@hubstaff.com and I will be happy to troubleshoot this further for you.

Thanks again.

Senior Director of Digital Architecture and Solutions
What do you like best?

Hubstaff platform is very user friendly and it has amazing and helpful features as connection to other apps is very helpful. Its screen capturing is very effective and the screen capturing can help me track other workers activities if they do any unrelated things. It captures 3 screenshots after every 10 minutes to catch activities and integrates very well with other applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The setting up of this system is such a headache and the first time zone needs a lot of effort to set up. New workers can't find it user friendly because it is quite techy in some areas like troubleshooting and the customer support is not available 24/7 and connecting with customer support service is a buggy process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This platform is good to detect your worker's progress and activities and this increased our worker's productivity. It provided us complete value for money and it has features like payment management which also helped us a lot and I can track given tasks and on time and manage tasks in real-time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The time tracked on each task is very satisfying to watch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The time I spent doing overtime is not reflected in the minimum hours of my shift and thus making me abandoned my shift. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Since I use hubstaff for my employees doing gardening and pool mantaining, I know better which job is being done, where and when. So I can see where more work is being invested, and also have more transparency on the moment of paying the hours worked, as before I had to blindly trust the weekly time that had been done in properties I rarely visit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not used all the tools they have, but will try some day perhaps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Head
Response from Sarah C of Hubstaff

Hi Mukul,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing technical issues/crashing with your tracker.

Please reach out to our support team and we will be happy to troubleshoot it with you.

Thanks again,

Sarah

AC
What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to onboard, and it does the job we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pricing could be a little better but still a good value product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Tracking contractors timesheets

- Determining inactive contractors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like to timetrack because helps me to focus on my tasks. Another thing that is helpful is the task board. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

O would like to have some historic about who change things in the tasks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My boss are very pleased with this because with this he can know that I am really working on the priotized tasks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Variety of options to choose from, complete flexibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Be even more flexible, for example in terms of having more time options with idle time or screenshots Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintaining time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Higher Education
Response from Sarah C of Hubstaff

Hi,

We appreciate your feedback and kind words regarding your experience using our platform.

We understand navigating around a new system can be a little overwhelming which is why we invite you to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or if there is anything we can help you with.

Thanks again,

Sarah

CEO
What do you like best?

Excellent support, intuitive and effective user interface. The support team is very quick to respond to requests for help and are even responsive to feature requests. I've been really surprised by the exceptional quality of the support staff. The software really shines with its simple user interface and provides a quality user experience. Many other competing offerings are outdated and clunky to use; Hubstaff is not. You'll love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Truly great product backed by an incredible support staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

HubStaff's support team is incredible. There were some reporting requirements that we wanted to see added to HubStaff's product so we sent a feature-request to them, and they actually implemented them in under two weeks. Their implementation of our request was perfect. Usually with most companies it will take months or years for feature-requests to be addressed, but HubStaff took care of it right away. I'm still really impressed by how responsive they were. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking time our team spends on individual client's projects and on internal projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.