JotForm Reviews & Product Details

JotForm Overview

What is JotForm?

Trusted by over 9 million users, JotForm's form builder is the easy way to create and publish online forms from any device. The company offers 10,000+ ready-made form templates, 100+ integrations to 3rd party apps, and advanced design features making it the leading online form builder for organizations all over the world. It's popularly used to create payment forms, lead generation forms, registration forms, contact forms, application forms, and more.

JotForm Details
Catalan, Danish, German, English, Finnish, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified)

JotForm s an online form builder.

Jotform
2006
San Francisco, CA
@JotForm

JotForm Videos

JotForm Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the JotForm community
Have you used JotForm before?

JotForm Reviews

Showing 462 JotForm reviews
Already have JotForm?
Advisory Board Member, Customer Experience Certificate Program
What do you like best?

JotForm has some really great form features, but what I like best is all the conditional logic to guide what questions are visible or hidden, required or not, and route to different next steps. It makes it easy to have all different roles reporting to me complete the same monthly report or different customers to complete the same pricing request or lead gen form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have much to share here. I wish JotForm was more of a market leader to be the primary tool, as I find the analytics tool and form options cleaner than the competition.

I wish the convert to PDF feature was cleaner - I always wish I could convert forms to PDFs but so much of the look of it breaks that i never use it anymore. Definitely an area of opportunity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer data collection; employee feedback; training pre-work and post-work tracking, etc. - very versatile Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Store manager
What do you like best?

I found JotForm easy to customize to suit our organization's needs. I could adapt the format of the form's questions and the visual appearance. It was relatively simple to integrate my customized forms into our store website. I also was able to customize follow-up communication and actions for after a client submitted a form. I used this to option to promote additional interactions and conversions with our clients. The user interface was not complicated. I could try JotForm for free without commitment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Probably the biggest downside was paying for use - in comparison to using something that's free like Google Forms. We had to purchase JotForm when we hit over 100 form submissions in a month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend trying JotForm. See if you like its user interface. I found it very customizable, which was the biggest plus. I also thought it had strong potential for influencing customer actions after they submitted their form - through customized emails/redirection to webpages. Because JotForm is free, it's easy to give it a try without commitment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have used JotForm to handle many types of online customer interactions, including product inquiries, contest submissions, and product reviews. It has been especially helpful in light of increased online interaction due to COVID-19. Our business needed to pivot many regular activities to a digital format. The customization options of JotForm helped us to do this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thank you so much for your nice review. Glad that JotForm suites your organization's needs.

With our free plan, we believe that 100 submissions per month are enough to try out our platform or for basic usage. When you reach this limit, all your forms will be temporarily disabled. You can re-instate it immediately when you upgrade to any of the paid plans. If you don't wish to upgrade, you have to wait for the monthly reset period which happens every first day of the following month.

Member MC/ISO/TC 171/SC 2
What do you like best?

The tool is unexpectedly capable of a wide range of functionality and seems very stable. Even more important though is the very responsive and creatively helpful support! Working in the IT/IS industry for over 20 years I can't even begin to list off the shockingly long role call of other software companies that should absolutely commit to achieving the level this company has. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The major complaint I have is that while the tool is quite capable, as I noted, oftentimes it is anything but obvious how to achieve the desired outcome. Also, even though I work in IT/IS, I don't code (not even CSS) and have neither the desire nor time to learn and there are still too many situation where CSS has to be written directly in the forms versus web UI controls and config to achieve the look and behavior desired. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use JF in a number of places in the site:

1) the main contact us form for the site

2) popup lead-gen forms on various pages

3) lead-gen "gating" for downloadable content (white papers, templates, etc.)

4) newsletter subscription Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Hi Lorne,

Thank you so much for your positive review of our product and to our support team. We really appreciate it.

With regards to your design issue, perhaps our Advanced Form Designer would help https://www.jotform.com/help/935-how-to-access-the-advanced-designer. It has more advanced UI controls that would allow you to customize your form elements. What's great about this tool is that it has CSS Editor where it helps you create your CSS code for you so you don't have to write it yourself. Here's a video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW5O_ys84cQ. You can also check all the video tutorials about the Advanced Designer here https://www.jotform.com/help/300-form-designer-tutorial-lets-create-fantastic-forms.

As always, you can contact us in our support system if you have any questions. We would be more than happy to help.

Best Regards!

Open Discussions in JotForm
Jeremy L.
JL
Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

JotForm is incredible. It's easy to use and easy to organize your forms for your clients. We've been using it for the past year to help our clients and future clients get into our programs. We use the form for clients to fill out to see what programs we offer the best services we can offer them. It also helps us see what needs they have and how we can address them. We've been able to use JotForm for multiple projects. It's been a great asset to our company at Odyssey House. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I haven't had one issue with it. It's a really easy program to use. It's nice because it's all online and it has a simple interface that walks you through the process. It's a great service that makes it easy to make forms available online for clients. It truly is an easy program to use. It has a nice simple interface easy to access all the information I need and the best part is it'll email me the info when someone fills out a form so I don't even need to go to the site to get it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend! It's easy to make forms and easy to get the info after someone fills a form out. Nothing but a good experience with JotForm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jotform helps us a ton. It's easy for us to send a client a form or a person that has someone interested in our program. It benefits us because JotForm tracks all the information that we need and we can get the info quickly for every person that fills out the form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thank you for sharing your seamless experience using JotForm. We are really happy to hear that JotForm has been a great help in your company. Cheers!

Owner/Designer/Developer
What do you like best?

Easy HIPAA compliance, extensive integrations with services like Dropbox, Zapier,MailChimp, Hubspot, Zoom, and MANY more. JotForm has a number of options during form development with extensive customization once you locate all of the controls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Excessive upsell prompts even for paid accounts (which I have). I can't turn this off. Also, in an effort to make the interface unintimidating, they've oversimplified it for my taste— but I have eventually found most of the controls I needed. Custom CSS is a bit more difficult than useful. Sometimes the "import form" conversion process has failed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Initially, JotForm helped me to process medical intake forms that are HIPAA compliant with excellent 3rd party HIPAA integrations. However, I've started using it for other clients as well—there are so many options in terms of data delivery, from email to .csv to filled PDF files. Different clients have different preferences, and so far JotForm (Silver) fills them all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thank you so much for your positive remarks. To answer some of your concerns,

1. The upsell prompt can be hidden when you check the "Never show this again" checkbox under it. Or you can contact us at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can exempt your account from getting the upsell prompt/banner.

2. If you're not familiar with CSS, you can use our Advanced Designer, this will create the CSS codes for you by selecting your design properties within the CSS helper. Here's our video tutorial for that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW5O_ys84cQ.

3. If you're referring to the import PDF Form, we can only suggest you try it again if the import process has failed. If it keeps on failing, contact us at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.

President/CEO
What do you like best?

The ease of use in creating new forms makes it a no brainer. We also love the integrations and form tracking using Google Analytics. The form library is nice to give you a starting off point so you aren't always starting from scratch. I also like the number of customizations available for the forms including some of the automations which make form info easy to disseminate. By putting all of these in once place JotForm has enabled us to go to one platform for forms for ourselves and our clients. Similar tools are available within other platforms like CRM's or WordPress but cost significantly more to use and implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be tough searching through all the form templates and some aren't very good. however, I haven't come up with a time yet that we didn't find one that would work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

JotForm has provided an easy way for us to create hosted forms that can be embedded, tracked, and updated so we can get the most leads for ourselves and our clients. This allows us to view how many people visit a form, complete the form, and drop off. This way we can evolve the form to ensure maximum completion rates and get the most leads. By using JotForm we have been able to solve client's problems with information collection for hiring, staffing, lead generation, email list building, and more. The software has easily provided an ROI for the cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thank you for sharing your positive experience using JotForm. Note that we allow our users to publish their forms on the form templates page so some of the templates you see are built by our users. We do filter some of the common, repetitive, and simple templates but there may be others we kept because it serves a purpose for the others. If you found form templates that you do not like or have issues, please let us know at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can review and remove them accordingly. Thank you!

Chief Digital Officer
What do you like best?

JotForm has matured over the years and offers a really simple form building but with a great number of tools that achieve almost anything we have needed them for.

The configuration options are vast as well as the ability to integrate with various 3rd party applications via API's really makes this a powerful tool.

Simply drag and drop all sorts of fields and configure them - it's really simple.

New features are constantly being released which helps with increased demands from customers like the ability to create PDF forms that, upon submission, add the data into your online database. The new spreadsheet tool is also really useful and intuitive.

There are numerous payment gateways to use the forms to take online payments, booking widgets, ability to prepopulate fields, apply logical conditions on answers and so much more.

The free tier is feature rich too and is ideal for small projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certain theme customizations are limited with the tools available (but you can add css to achieve what you need).

It is sometimes buggy for no reason but their support are quite responsive (about 5hrs - 8hrs in my experience).

The interface carries some of their newer interfaces and legacy tools.

It would be great to be able to control multiple client accounts as we work on multiple accounts and are constantly switching between accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sign up for a free trial, you have nothing to lose! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using it for all sorts of lead generation, RSVP and other online form requirements. The need to integrate into 3rd party solutions is easily solved with the integration tools available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thanks for your compliments and for sharing your great findings using JotForm. That's so much appreciated.

If you have any suggestions with our Form Designer like what other design options to add, let us know at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can add them to our to-do list. Our support response time may vary depending on the number of tickets we received daily. Most of the time our turnaround time is between 1 to 3 hours during peak hours.

For multiple client accounts, this is possible with Enterprise https://www.jotform.com/enterprise/. Here's how: https://www.jotform.com/help/583-how-to-create-a-new-user-or-admin-on-enterprise-server

Thank you and Regards!

CEO
What do you like best?

the ability to personalise the collected data, the questionnaire and add a professional look to my market research Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Probably the CS platform as it is not really optimised to find your request easily but thanks to a really efficient team, you receive a rapid response by email to all you request Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jotform is a perfect tool to do branded, customised and professional forms. It is the best thing that I have been recommended in a long time.

If you are ready to bring your forms to the next level , Jotform is the right tool for you. You can do almost everything from a survey to a health check to a synchronised database. It is awesome. there is a little improvement to make on the Customer Service Interface but other than that ! It is the best! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better forms, good visuals for my insights. I am performing my startup questionnaire and it brings a super look that I recommend to everyone I know Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thank you so much! You can also bookmark our support contact form https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so you can easily send your issues whenever you have one. You can also contact us through email at support[at]jotform[dot]com.

Thank you for the compliment and have a good one!

COO
What do you like best?

JotForm is intuitive and easy to use. It looks beautiful and professional (both in the editing interface and the finished product). It is constantly being updated with new features. One of the best products I use and I always look forward to using it because I know it will be painless and I'll have a great result when I'm done. I'm sure I sound like a paid reviewer, but this is really honest feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are features I haven't had time to figure out yet. I guess that's it? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great value for "getting things done," both internally and with customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Many folks today would rather fill out a form than speak with a human (sad, I know). This fills that need. We use this for sales questionnaires with complicated technical information (even allows photo uploads), for basic credit references, for email contact forms and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thank you so much for your honest review and for the compliments. We really love it and it made our day. You're the best! 🙂

Education Team Lead
What do you like best?

I found JotForm very easy to set up. I was tasked with finding a solution for registering clients and prospects for a virtual user conference. I was able to create and brand JotForm very quickly to provide a proof of concept. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I find a bit challenging is how registrants are shown when you export to Excel. If, for example, you have a company that registers multiple people on the same form, the registrants don't get their own line, but rather run along the same line making importing a bit more challenging. I'm really nitpicking here though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used JotFot to seamlessly register attendees for a virtual user conference, including selling various packages. JotFor integrates beautifully with Square, which made this very easy. I then created a Zap using Zapier to automatically bring the registrants into our CRM system. The process was very easy to set up, and worked beatifully. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Unfortunately, our export mechanism isn't designed to perform that as of the moment. Currently, each submission is placed in a single line but there's a workaround to transform multiple data in a single cell to each column using an Excel formula. This guide will be of help https://trumpexcel.com/split-multiple-lines/. We would also be happy to assist you with that in our Support System. Contact us through our support contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.

Thanks for your review and Regards!

Classification Agent
What do you like best?

I like that I can keep tabs on who has signed up for our organization volunteer program. I like that I can edit their forms if there is a mistake or I like to keep a specific section the way I like it. I enjoy that I can edit the form I have already sent out if I find a mistake or wanted to change how it looks.

The customer support takes care of my needs right the first time as well. I love being able to submit a request and know that it will be handled for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of and it really is not an actual dislike because the end game is always great, but the amount of time I have to wait for a issue to be resolved. I think the max I waited was 3hrs, but in the end they fixed the problem right the first time.

I with there there was a back up or undo button. I have sometimes deleted information in someone's form and could not retrieve it.

I also with that I could edit what information comes back to me in the email that gets sent to me. Right now I only get about 45% of the information I ask of the volunteer. It would be nice to choose what I get.

Sometimes I wish I could let the user edit their own form, or if someone has already submitted a form that they cannot submit a second form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO IT! if you are looking to gather information or start a new sign up, this is the place for you! For the price you you get amazing support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized that I don't need to keep an excel spreadsheet of every individual person. I can send them the link and they fill out all the information and I get it back in an organized database. I don't have to remember who emailed me when or with what information. It is all there and I can export the forms I need for a report or to help organize for an event. It saves me sooooo much time. Mainly I am saving myself the headache of having to email 300 plus people and getting so many responses that I go crazy trying to organize them all, JotForm takes that all off my hands and lets me focus on other tasks at hand! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thanks for your review. Our average response time in support is usually less than an hour but it could increase between 1 to 3 hours depending on the volume of tickets we get daily. Rest assured, your question will be handled within the expected response time. Regarding your other concerns, they are actually all possible with JotForm

1. You can't see undo buttons in the form builder but it is possible to undo and redo changes by pressing Ctrl+Z (Undo) and Ctrl+Y (Redo) on your keyboard. It is also possible to revert the changes through revision history. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/294-how-to-view-form-revision-history

2. Editing submissions can be done through edit URL when you add this URL https://www.jotform.com/edit/{id} in your email notification or you can log in to your JotForm account and edit them in the Tables. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/325-How-to-Edit-Submissions-Made-on-Your-Forms

3. Here's how to let users update their submission http://www.jotform.com/help/40-How-to-Let-Users-Update-Their-Form-Submissions-at-a-Later-Date. You can also limit 1 submission per IP address http://www.jotform.com/help/64-What-does-Unique-Submission-Mean?

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The best aspect of jot form is how many integrations are available, making this a tool every department in our company can utilize. It's also worth mentioning how awesome and easy it is to use and customize professional looking templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like about using jotform. In the year I have been using the platform t's truly never failed me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jotform is a great tool that works simple and attractive inbound communications into many systems and processes. I highly suggest getting to know the integrations that are available so you don't miss out on any potential opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Jotform for everything involving inbound communications!! It's an integral platform for our HR department to take in time-off requests and job applications. It's also a favorite for our marketing department to take in new web leads and client info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thank you for being a loyal JotFormer! We really appreciate your trust and support. It's always a pleasure to know that JotForm has been a great help in a company like yours. Thank you so much and have a good one! :)

Founder
What do you like best?

JotForm has great features like payment integrations, third party widgets, powerful rule-based conditions. All of those features give great power to the user to achieve more than collecting data from an online form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I don't have any dislike. We find whatever we look at in JorForm and much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anyone can sign-up and use JotForm freely. Don't hesitate to try it. Give it a chance to discover advanced features. If you like it and need advanced features don't hesitate to sign-up for a paid level. It worths any penny you pay for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have had training programs about popular topics like FinTech and Blockchain. Beginning with the Covid-19 we decide to move our courses to live online courses and we restructure our programs under different modules. Firstly we need a basic form that can get data from our students but then we figured out that we have to create different rules for different students based on their module selections. Creating a new website requires a big budget, using another platform requires big commissions and we wonder that we can do everything on JotForm. We have an application form for our training programs. Students can freely select different modules and JotForm can calculate the total course price with advanced calculation conditions. At the end of the form, we redirect our students to a payment page and finish the process. We are using a payment platform but JotForm has already many integrations and can be used as a payment service on a single page too.

In addition to that, we are also using JotForm to collect feedback from our students after the courses and for some researches for our clients. At the end of the day, we are really happy to using JotForm. It worths every penny you paid for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Glad you find JotForm really worth keeping for. Thanks for your awesome review and have a good one! :)

Human Resources Manager
What do you like best?

It was very easy to use. I liked the fact that there are templates already created. The tracking capability for sign ups and the email notifications were also very helpful. It also had the ability to run reports so just in case you missed a notification you can catch it on the reporting side.

We used it to allow people to sign up for specific dates/times for training that had a maximum capacity limit. JotForm helped control who was able up for the various sessions. The end users found accessing the link very convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Probably a user error on my part, but it would be nice to have certain required fields. I had some submissions without a name, so it occupied a space in the training without me knowing who actually signed up. Other than that, no issues at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For me it was easy to modify the existing templates rather than creating a new form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Training sign ups

Housed in one location

Able to track the sign ups and set max capacities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

We're happy to see your awesome review. Glad you find our platform easy to use and that it helped you with your managerial tasks. Have a good one!

Marketing Operations
What do you like best?

Jotform is consistent, easy to use and lets you customize your forms in a simple and clean manner. You have a lot of options when it comes to the design and it is very easy to add features and edit the form without having to update links. Also the fact that they have a free version is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything I particularly dislike, however I would warn users of the free version to include CAPTCHA in your forms so that your free monthly submissions don't get eaten up by spam submissions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering trying JotForm, I would highly recommend. You can start with the free version which is pretty comprehensive as is and if you find that you need more storage, it is easy to upgrade. I would not consider myself amazing at web design or management, but JotForm makes it so easy to design your form, add it to your site and manage submissions via email or through JotForm.com itself. The customization that it allows you to do is great, but remember to add CAPTCHA to your forms, especially if you are using the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a way to capture contact information and allow for potential customers to reach out to us in a consistent and standardized way, which then streamlines the way in which we respond to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thanks for your review. Our form has already a mechanism that prevents bots from accessing and submitting the form. However, if the spam was manually performed, the captcha is indeed a great tool to make the spammer's job harder. Thanks for using JotForm!

Company Director
What do you like best?

Amazingly easy to use and forms looks totally professional.

Available from Free yet fully loaded with everything you could ever need including ability’s to be able to implement various calculations to your forms.

Never have I seen a free version of a software have so many free templates available for you to use or tweak to your hearts content Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not found any downsides to jotform yet as does everything I’ve asked of it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simple to design even complicated forms

Amazing set of ready made templates available and various different ways of being able to use or distribute your forms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Needed to design a form for our website that was able to calculate live estimates for potential customers and after trying for days many other ways to design a form myself I stumbled upon jotform and managed to design and implement to our website the whole form in just a few hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thanks for the compliments. That's right, our subscription includes a free plan that can access all core features. Happy building! :)

Administrator of Website/IT
What do you like best?

Overall, I like JotForm a lot. The thing that I liked most is that it has a online ordering cart which can accept offline payments, have the coupon function, and also taxes and shipping! The second thing that I liked most is the card form. It offers a neat and tidy, card forms, which is friendly for people to use. If you do not like card forms, a custom css can also be injected through customizing the classic form! Moreover, the drag and drop function is very easy to use. Also, if you want to get more forms or submission limits, there are tons of ways to get you to have more forms or submissions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downsides of JotForm is that there are form views. I want to iframe my online form to the wordpress website I'm currently using, but whenever the website is reloaded, a form view will be counted. Apart from this, there is not much downside of JotForm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those who wanted to inject your form to the website for free, JotForm might not be a good idea as the free plan only supports 1000 form views. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have tried a lot of booking websites or online store website, but there are three main problems: no coupon code, no offline payment, too many things to fill in. This will be a free platform at which I can solve these problems for free! I gave my customers to fill the form, and they mostly have a good review! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jim of JotForm

Thank you so much! It's great to know that you like the intuitiveness of our card form and the offline payments. Regarding the form views, for as long as you're logged in to your JotForm account when you're viewing the form, your views will not be counted towards your limit even if the form is embedded. This is also explained in our user guide about Form Views here https://www.jotform.com/help/355-form-view-limits-what-is-it-all-about.

Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer