Do you work for Google Ads?

Google Ads Reviews & Product Details

What is Google Ads?

Advertise with Google Ads to boost website traffic and sales. Easily manage your campaigns and budget.

Google Ads Screenshots

Google Ads Profile Details

Google Ads Profile Details

Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

Google Ads Reviews

1-50 of 1420 total Google Ads reviews

Google Ads Reviews

1-50 of 1420 total Google Ads reviews
Google Ads review by Adrienn K.
International Sales and Marketing Manager
Most Recent Google Ads Video Review
Google Ads review by Enya M.
Paralegal

"Google Ads drives new business to our firm!"

What do you like best?

Since using Google Ads to promote our small firm, we have experienced nearly double the amount of intake calls that we receive. I love how the Google Ads Dashboard shows us the data on who is seeing our ads, when they choose to click on the ad, and so much more! It also allows us to quickly and easily create new posts and ads to continue to market our firm. The Dashboard shows us what ads are performing well and what are not, so it's easy to narrow down our focus.

What do you dislike?

Google Ads can be a bit expensive in the beginning when you are figuring things out. Once you know what works and what doesn't work, it's easier to figure out the target audiences and key words to use from the best performing ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pricing may look intimidating at first glace, but it pays for itself in no time!

We are a small fish in a big pond, Google Ads helps us to market our firm online and reach even more clients than ever possible. We tossed around the idea of internet based ads for a while because we weren't sure how many people actually see them or actually click on them, but we are very happy with the results!

Google Ads review by Douglas S.
Executive Director

"Google Ads are a boon for nonprofits"

What do you like best?

Google Ads are affordable for anyone on any budget, even nonprofits. Google Ads gives you the ability to control your budget and set daily spending limits, so you don't have to worry about spending more than you've allotted for advertising.

What do you dislike?

We had some difficulty targeting ads to within our service area (inside our state), but we weren't able to determine if this feature was missing from Google Ads or just too hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to keep a close eye on how your ads are performing and how much you have spent. Don't just look at clicks, but focus on the return for your investment. If you can get more than a couple dollars of profit per visitor to your website, then Google Ads are a great, affordable option.

Google Ads is more affordable than other advertising options like radio or television, and allows us to reach a younger audience than older media formats.

Google Ads review by Rebecca M.
Freelance Creative

"First Experience User"

What do you like best?

The Google Ad campaign was easy to set up and run. I was able to select an audience easily. Customer Service line is quick to answer questions... even if they can't solve your problem.

What do you dislike?

The campaign I ran was a pay-per-click ad. This was not clear when I started running the ad. I wish Google Ads had given the option to do either pay-per-click, OR an ad with set dates. Instead my ad is now running for as long as it can until we get enough clicks to fulfill the budget. This is unfortunate as my ad is for an event that will take place before the ad runs out of clicks.

I am also unhappy with the billing system. I run three business accounts and each business has its own credit card for ad spending. Google only allows you to run one card at a time. I have two campaigns running at the same time (each for a different store) so now they are both being charged to one card. Customer Service was not able to change this because the campaign already began.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to get into Search Engine Marketing IF you have one business and want brand exposure. Probably not the greatest solution for SEM ads around events, or multiple business locations.

We are using Google Ads to boost SEM activity.

Google Ads review by Amy G.
CEO

"Google Ads - There's a Learning Curve But It's Worth It"

What do you like best?

There are two best things about Google Ads: the layout and the support. The platform gives you a lot of information in terms of how your ads are performing. It's easy to read and easy to understand once you familiarize yourself with the various reports. Fortunately Google has excellent support, tutorials, and documentation to help you understand what you're looking at. Once you get comfortable with them, analyzing your data becomes very easy.

What do you dislike?

The trickiest thing about Google Ads is getting started. Despite the helpful documentation once you get rolling, the setup process (and linking your account to your website) isn't as straightforward as I would have liked. I wound up walking through the process with the help of third-party YouTube videos rather than using any help from Google directly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through slowly at first, find some good YouTube videos, make sure to read all the documentation, and don't hesitate to reach out to Google support if you need it. It can be daunting at first but overall it's been worthwhile.

We're trying to solve the problem of online advertising. Facebook ads are okay, but they can be real hit or miss because buyer intent isn't there when people are scrolling through Facebook. With Google people are usually looking to buy what they're searching for. This has given us the benefit of a better ROI with Google Ads over Facebook.

Google Ads review by Amber M.
Organization Manager

"Purchase of traffic very well segmented"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Google Ads is that you can get tons of segmented traffic for any type of market. The configuration of the campaigns is really simple and the same platform offers the best options of keywords to reach the public that really looks for your service or product, which increases the percentage of success of each campaign.

What do you dislike?

The cost per click can be really high especially in the keywords that have the highest amount of traffic which causes a considerable increase in the cost of each campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to obtain new customers for your company, Google Ads is without a doubt your best option.

Google Ads has helped us to increase the number of visitors that enter our website and these visitors are people really interested in buying what you offer. Since we used Google Ads we have increased our number of clients locally and we are currently conducting campaigns to increase the number of customers throughout the country.

Google Ads review by Ray M.
OP
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Quite easy to use and aply"

What do you like best?

Easy to set-up and so many powerful opportunities to nurture your campaigns. I use Google Ads to generate leads and build awareness for clients, and our own business. is managed out of our communication department for the most part, though I manage the ads for the product that I manage. Provides in-depth insights on how ads are running.

What do you dislike?

The organization of campaigns and ad groups can be confusing. It used to be relatively simple to set up Adwords. The biggest concern we have is the potential for fake clicks, particularly with display advertising. A good number of our clicks come from tiny, obscure, or fake websites that generate 50%-100% click-through rates.

Well, it caused more issues than it was useful, for conversations is basically worthless. The customer service is absolutely one of the worst. There are no visible results from the usage of this software.

Google Ads review by Karen J.
PPC Lead Generation Intern

"If You're Only Going To Choose One Digital Ad Platform to Use, Use Google Ads"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to go between all the accounts I work with. I also love Google Ads editor to make widespread adjustments easier. Being a Google Partner, I also love the support we get from our Google reps. I also love all the new betas Google continually comes up with.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how Google Ads Express doesn't show up well when used in tandem with a normal Google Ads account for a client. Some clients like us to use both, and it can be a bit frustrating going back and forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the Google Ad Academy training. Also try implementing different campaigns and playing around within Google Ads until you feel comfortable. I would also recommending shadowing other users.

I help manage and create different ad accounts for clients. Using Google Ads, we have been able to get our clients leads and to help their businesses grow.

Google Ads review by Chelsea T.
Marketing Consultant

"PPC Marketing on the Google Ads Platform"

What do you like best?

I love being able to run so many reports, after data has been collected, in order to learn more about a particular vertical and how we are competing in the current marketplace. There are so many views, metrics, and segments that allow me to analyze data, make strategic decisions, and consult on overall marketing tactics. Google Ads is continually improving their platform and functionalities and while there are a ton of gaps that need to be addressed, a lot of good use can come from it.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely detest Google's underdeveloped process and software for detecting and honestly crediting invalid click activity. I work at a Google Premier Certified digital marketing company and while our dedicated rep team is superb, no one at Google is able to have transparency with how they detect and combat click fraud/invalid activity. We shouldn't have to be piloting a third party software to ensure clicks are coming from valid traffic sources and to also make sure Google is fully refunding the paid-for invalid clicks that happen to squeeze by their loose and obsolete algorithms. Google has the bandwidth, resources, and brains to have a better system for this and it should be a bigger priority than it currently is.

I also don't like seeing situations that would be a "quick fix" on Google's end that cost people a ton of money very quickly, especially if they don't know what they're doing. For example, the default geo-target setting in Adwords Editor should NOT be set to target the entire world. That's just stupid. It should give an error message and not even post the campaigns to Google Ads until those basic settings have been touched by the user. Google has gaps like these that take advantage of novice users that could be easily fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The certification programs are very useful. Keep in mind that you'll learn the best by trial/error if you're doing it yourself. If you want to do a step better than that, hire an agency that specializes in PPC Google Ads. You'll get far better support, better performing campaigns, and a quicker ROI than you would on your own. If you've got a business to run, you do not have time to learn how to run a successful, scalable, full funnel PPC campaign.

Google Ads is able to connect lower funnel traffic/leads with businesses since people performing searches on the Google network are actively seeking out specific services and/or products. When we're able to identify these audiences and effectively retarget them, the leads are so valuable.

Google Ads review by Trenton C.
Online Marketing Manager

"Leading ad network for the leading search engine"

What do you like best?

Google Ads is gives advertisers access to a colossal inventory - Google search engine users across nearly all countries and languages. Google searchers often have a high intent in their searches, whether it's researching a product or a service, and Google Ads is the way to target and market to them.

What do you dislike?

Click costs can be higher than competitors, such as Bing Ads. Targeting is also much more limited than with other networks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Ads is the leading search ad network. Keep in mind the cost - while you can set a low daily budget, if your CPCs are too low you likely won't get any traffic. If you're budget conscious you may want to try Bing Ads.

Google Ads has huge inventory, and is a must for anyone needing quality traffic. It integrates extremely well with other products, such as Google Analytics, and is the go-to for online media buyers, small businesses etc.

Google Ads review by Katie C.
Digital Services Director

"A Necessary Evil Getting Closer to Being User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I'm someone who thrives on data and metrics, and Google Ads does a wonderful job of having a report for almost anything. As an Agency, I also like the ability to see all of our clients under one login. Super easy to be able to compare campaign strengths and weaknesses between clients.

What do you dislike?

My biggest pet peave with AdWords is that some features and options are buried deep in sub menus that make no logical sense. I've spent literal hours looking for something as simple as offline conversion tracking. Adding users access to your account seems to be a really backwards way of having to do it , too. Some recent changes have put some more user friendliness into it - but take my advice and if you are unable to find something, just head to Google and ask "Where can I find _____________ in AdWords".

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking of using AdWords and managing any campaigns, whether your own or for a client - take the time to become AdWords certified. There is a whole lot to learn about Google Ads, and Google really knocked it out of the park with ther study course. It doesn't hurt to be able to drop the "Certified AdWords Partner" on your resume, but the knowledge you gain will help you to effectively manage the campaigns.

We manage AdWords/Google Ad accounts for a number of clients in the home improvement industry. Since these are higher ticket items, AND because people are doing a ton of research online before making such a purchase, it's been great to take a deeper look at the habits / buying / searching trends of our target demographic so that we can customize Ads that speak to our audience.

Google Ads review by Ralph F.
Sales Associate

"Best option to get potential customers"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Google ads is that it allows me to research keywords, explore the competition and control the spending of each campaign in several ways. The configuration of the campaigns is very simple, you only need the title of the ad and the description to have the campaign ready and capture all the traffic that Google Ads can bring us.

What do you dislike?

On some occasions they have denied me an advertisement without knowing why, they also increase their CPC if they do not like the quality of the page. Even so, I think it's a very cheap way of acquiring advertising and attracting new clients.

As I said Google Ads allowed me to conduct a keyword research, explore the competition and control my budget optimally, what has resulted in more traffic to our website and new customers which is what we wanted from the beginning.

Google Ads review by Dave M.
Digital Marketing Manager

"AdWords is Where Marketers Go to Place Digital Ads"

What do you like best?

You can be up and running in 30 minutes. It doesn't take a lot of time to get your ads up and running and in front of searching eyeballs. Of course, getting clicks and optimizing spend -- that is where you can spend endless hours poring over data and tweaking your campaigns. I like how you can tie your systems together -- YouTube, Google Analytics, Social Ads, Network Ads, Re-targeting .. you really need to use all these pieces of the marketing puzzle to be successful.

I also like the keyword research tool. I use that for SEO purposes all the time. It is a very handy tool not only for paid search but for SEO as well. But when you find a great keyword, it is super easy to create and import a campaign based on that keyword.

What do you dislike?

Conversion tracking can be tricky. Sometimes the conversion pixel will double-fire, sometimes it won't fire at all. When you are an agency that manages a paid search ad account, the client always looks at the conversion and cost-per-conversion data. If it isn't right, the client will question your entire marketing operation! I wish there was a better way to test conversions. Yes, I know GTM has some tools for that, but still . . would be great to be able to click and ad, fill out a form and see if the conversion fires properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your AdWords certification -- if you are an agency. If not, learn everything you can do in the platform. It's the only way to run a successful AdWords Campaign.

AdWords is great for agencies. We can fill a lead gen funnel with a properly managed AdWords campaign. Plus, all the reporting capabilities and systems integration really make AdWords a robust platform. We use the API to generate real-time reports to share with clients. It is a fantastic way to tie not only AdWords data into a real-time dashboard, but we can pull in other platform data as well. Tying the AdWords account to a Google Analytics account increases your reporting capabilities even more.

Google Ads review by James N.
Web Designer

"3 months of terrible support and on going"

What do you like best?

Nothing I can think of. See what I dislike for more info.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything. So we started advertising our products from 31st of July and after about 3 weeks, all of the ads were disapproved. I contacted support and they asked me to wait while they investigate. Next day, came back and said one of our landing page had virus redirection codes and he gave me a bunch of links that I must remove in order to be approved again. As of my 15+ years webdesign experience, I swear I would never put a virus redirection on my site (It would surprise me if i see one). Had no other choice so I contacted my hosting company which they had scanned my entire site to find those redirection links but nothing were found. I told Google about the scan result and they said they will escalate my concern to their team. Next day, they replied back and said they still found the virus code. So I delivered message to my hosting company again and they had 3rd party anti-virus company to scan my entire site. Result was clean as ever be. So I delivered message to Google support again, and surprisingly this time they said the scan result from their end was clean as well. Oh nice! Pain is over? NOT! My ads status was still disapproved even after 2 days which they said it only takes 24hrs maximum to take effect. So I contacted support team again and a different person answered who has no clue of what's going on and again, told me that they found lists of virus redirection codes on my landing page again. Are you serious? We hadn't touched our site during this whole process! Where did the virus come from? Without hesitation, I asked my hosting as well as 3rd party company to run a full scan on my site again. They gladly helped to scan my whole site again and result was CLEAN. They also suggested me to talk to the Google Ads supervisor directly to resolve this kind of issue as there's been reports that Google Ads sometimes uses cached data to collect information. I was getting annoyed but contacted Google support to talk to their supervisor. A lady answered with very annoyed attitude and she cut me in the middle of talking and just hung up after she finished talking. I emailed back and said find me someone else if you're going to answer like that attitude. So she passed me to her supervisor. Was supervisor any different? Hell NO. This was last Saturday, and he said that the scan is clean, hence he escalated the concern to their team to update. I asked if there's any chance that their system might be glitchy and he strongly denied. After 2 days, status was still 'disapproved'. I asked If there's no glitch in their system and scan result was clean, why is there such delay? He said he will re-escalate my concern to their team. Since then, these incompetent idiots aren't responding. Probably busy fixing their glitchy program or who knows what. This testimony will be told until everyone realize how incompetent and arrogant they can be.

9/11/18 Update: Extremely poor communication level and no follow ups. Last reply I got was a week later with automated message. That was after I was getting sick of waiting and did a follow up call myself.; Also, I don't want to be a racist but all of their staffs are Indians and it is extremely hard to understand their English accent (especially over the phone). Anyway, they asked me a screenshot of a Search Console to prove my site is clean. And my site WAS clean after reviewing in Search Console so I attached the screenshot in reply to their last email and haven't got a response since then. Since my case was handed over to the supervisor, everything gotten worse. Never had or seen this kind of poor support experience from any company I dealt before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Never

Ads were disapproved for 3 months and still on going with issue

Google Ads review by Amanda  P.
Marketing Manager

"A must have for your business"

What do you like best?

Adwords is a must have for every business because it tracks the number of clicks you receive from customers on your website and a lot of other traffic that goes to your business. Each month I send our clients a report of what results they've got on their ad campaigns and whether they would like to change the ad around for the next month. I also like that it is very customizable with being able to choose a budget, schedule, and have the option to edit the content if it is not performing the way you want it to,

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can be a bit confusing to someone who is just starting to use Adwords. It took a few months to really understand how to properly place an ad on Google and which keywords were most effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to watch a few videos pertaining to how to properly place an ad through the campaign manager because it could be a bit confusing.

Some business problems we are solving are helping our clients know which keywords and ads work best to show up on a higher rank on Google. Adwords will send you notifications on whether an ad campaign is performing well, and which keywords you have to fix.

Google Ads review by Nicole P.
Operations Assistant
Education Management

"Big Learning Curve, But Worth It"

What do you like best?

The reporting features are excellent-- easy to customize, detailed, clear. Their email updates are also the one kind I actually read; they're insightful, useful and keep me on top of my company's ads and expenditures. I've also had some great experiences with certain AdWords account managers (on Google's end)--truly enthusiastic about helping us, passionate about getting to know me and my company's needs and interests..

What do you dislike?

Big learning curve, and the earlier versions were difficult to use. Until I arrived at the company, no one wanted to go anywhere near our 2 AdWords accounts, and they pushed the project into my hands. I'm glad to say I conquered AdWords, but it took some time! I also hate that AdWords account managers are assigned to your company for only a limited time- not really much time to familiarize themselves with your company and advertising needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in an office management position like I am, and without an advertising background, then you'll a bit if work to do in learning and mastering AdWords, but when you do it is definitely worth it! If you want the right kind of support from Google's end, you have to actually use your account regularly. I've had truly excellent experiences with some of the account specialists that have been assigned to my company; my company's ads have been most successful during their respective periods of working with me.

We've become more successful in getting our name and brand out across the DMV.

Google Ads review by Helen P.
Financial Advisors
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Perfect to attract potential customers"

What do you like best?

I like Google Ads because I can easily set budgets and monitor campaigns in real time, so I know if my campaigns are profitable. I feel that I have 100% control over the design and budget of my campaign, so I do not worry about spending too much. Adwords is without a doubt a great option to reach many more customers quickly and with a budget to suit you.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to use if you do not have knowledge in PPC advertising or general knowledge in digital marketing.

I use Google Ads locally and it has helped me raise awareness about our brand and services we offer, as well as attract new local customers. Likewise, by using this tool, we have been able to discover new areas where we can compete, greatly expanding our target audience with each campaign.

Google Ads review by Paige S.
Digital & Social Media Marketing Strategist

"Easy to use in most cases"

What do you like best?

Compared to other advertising platforms I've used in the past, Google Ads is fairly simple to work with. The results that extra traffic you can drive to your website through Google Ads is great (when successful strategy is used).

What do you dislike?

When setting up ads, I had a hard time figuring out how to save an ad variation I was working on. It turns out, you can't use all caps to emphasize words in PPC ads--this is fine but the problem I had with this is that I never got an error message saying I couldn't do that, which made me super frustrated when I couldn't figure out why my ad variation wasn't saving.

Website traffic has increased since using Google Ads, which has resulted in more inquiries for quotes on our services.

Google Ads review by Will W.

"Easy to use tool for cross funnel lead generation and pipeline acceleration"

What do you like best?

AdWords makes it easy to set up tracking for various kinds of conversions, making it easy to report return on varying conversion points.

What do you dislike?

Things can get out of hand quickly. The new functionality in AdWords will create recommendations for keywords, ad copy, etc., and automatically apply them if you do not review. This can add in some well performing but poor fitting ads or keywords. I've found that ads Google recommends get lots of clicks, but do not match offers or promotions on landing pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a defined strategy for how you aim to use search or display advertising, ensuring that you are matching content offers to keywords that relate to the appropriate buying personas and stage of buying. AdWords is a great tool for implementing strategy and not a strategy by itself.

AdWords has been instrumental in identifying prospects actively in the buying cycle. By using targeted keywords and well-matched offers, AdWords is a straight-forward way to gain consideration from prospects and add potential customers to nurture campaigns.

Google Ads review by Courtni C.
Editor/Project Manager

"Such a useful tool"

What do you like best?

AdWords is great because it's such an easy tool to use when you're trying to figure out keywords you either want to target or potentially stay away from, whether those keywords are single words or long-tail keywords, AdWords helps. It's such an easy system to understand and use. Once you pick it up, you get it. Not to mention there are so many great tutorials out there to help you learn the ins and outs even deeper. We use AdWords often when doing keyword research for our clients. Keywords are the name of the game.

What do you dislike?

While it does have so many great features and options for you to choose from, there are a lot of features you probably won't end up using. It can be overwhelming if you aren't exactly sure what everything is and just want to do the couple of things you'd like to do. You also need to know the best way to navigate this thing when you're trying to figure out the best keywords for you. Clients often come to us for help with this because competing for broad keywords can be hurtful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research as far as how to get the best use out of AdWords. Know going in what you're looking for, then navigating this is going to be much easier for you. It really is a wonderful tool if you know how to use it. Keywords are crucial for getting ranked and no one knows ranking better than Google.

We use AdWords for keyword research for our clients. It allows us to get specific so we aren't always trying to compete with the monsters out there for broad terms. It's hard to rank for a broad keyword in a huge category. AdWords helps us narrow our focus and figure out where we should be aiming.

Google Ads review by Johnathan S.
Marketing Strategist
Graphic Design

"Cheap and easy way to get Quality Leads"

What do you like best?

I love how effective this tool is. Using a fairly small budget, we are able to target our audience and get quality leads that turn into customers. They have super helpful tools like their keyword planner to help you with your planning. I also greatly appreciate their customer support. If you ever get stuck, you can just give them a call. They are super helpful!

What do you dislike?

Because they have a lot of options, flexibility, and features, it can be a little complicated at first. But once you start using it and get a little help, it's not so bad. You also need to do a little of your own research in order to have some successful ads. You need to know your audience and do some A/B testing. Nothing too unusual though.

Out of all our ad campaigns, our Google Adwords campaign has produced one of the best ROI. It has helped us to be where our audience goes to find solutions and therefore collect better qualified leads who become customers.

Google Ads review by Kristen D.
Senior Marketing Coordinator

"Enhance Your Marketing Strategy By Meeting Users Where They Are"

What do you like best?

Adwords is an easy to use online advertising platform, necessary for reaching your potential customers where they are. I enjoy the ease in customization and ad creation, that AdWords offers.

What do you dislike?

It's very expensive for certain markets to play the game with other advertisers. It can also be difficult to reach support and get a helpful answer without going through scripted customer service calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your marketing budget, desired outcomes, and strategy before implementing AdWords. I also suggest using Google's keyword planner tool, it's very helpful in building successful ads.

AdWords allows us to market and re-market to potential clients. It draws in an audience that we would have not been able to reach otherwise. We have seen significant ROI in our investment in paid ads.

Google Ads review by Jacqueline D.
Lead Interior Designer
Architecture & Planning
(Myself Only)

"Fantastic, Personalized Advertising"

What do you like best?

I cannot say enough good things about Google Adwords. I have had great success in advertising with them to get new clients. The pricing is fair and straightforward, and you are able to change your budget online at anytime. No contracts and no annoying salespeople. They did offer the option to speak with representative for help with your ad at no extra cost which is great, but I did not utilize it. I love the flexibility and control that I have over the budget; if things in my business are tight, I can lower it whenever I want, and if I want to invest a little more, I can raise it!

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say! AdWords is awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with search areas and Ad budget. Also, make sure you have the correct words in your ads!

AdWords is a great way for me to gain new clients. I am able to target the areas in which I want to focus, along with the search words I want to use. It is affordable and easy to track successes in their dashboard.

Google Ads review by Kevin B.
Sr. Account & Digital Ad Manager

"Great for Building Brand Awareness"

What do you like best?

I like AdWords for starting and building a new brand. We have many clients that come to us with products they've just released and Adwords has been key to building that awareness and then by adding other ad campaigns onto other platforms in around it. I also enjoy the depth at which you can build a campaign, which far exceeds the capabilities of Facebook ads.

What do you dislike?

It can take a lot of training to really capitalize on this platform, so if you're new to AdWords, I would take as many training courses as you can find out there. There are a lot of tricks and strategy to make the campaigns work properly and if you're not setting things up correctly you'll lose a lot of money with very little return.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend going to many trainings and reading up on the many different ways to use this platform. If you try to wing it, you'll find yourself spending a lot of money with very little return. Great platform, but requires strategy and skill to be highly successful.

We're solving the problem for our clients of building brand awareness for their new products and clients that have services that wouldn't run well in a Facebook ad. We've found a lot of success and built some strong clients with AdWords campaigns and it's given us a far better reach into potential clients than any other online ad service I've used.

Google Ads review by deivis m.
asistente de ingeniero

" earnings with good publicity"

What do you like best?

The ease of use presented by the programs of this provider is very profitable, since they put it to compete with any number of companies and their conversions can be activated very easily. also we are talking about a processor of very good graphics which allows you to better oriental your next campaigns or the one you have in execution

What do you dislike?

Although the conversion margins are very good in terms of publicity, the costs are a little high, maybe you could avarage a little so that you can reach a greater number of users who do not have a capacity to pay when they start with the campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use all the tools provided by the product, from the graphics that are very good because it gives you detailed graphs of what kind of people are your campaigns.

You can reach a very large public since you have a solid company in terms of advertising. apart from being able to select which public in particular you want to arrive in order to make your investment more profitable.

Google Ads review by Willem B.
Account Coordinator

"Great Addition To All Digital Marketing Campaigns"

What do you like best?

Adwords allows us to supplement our digital marketing campaigns. It's a perfect addition to any campaign because we are almost guaranteed good results that will help support our overall goal. Using keywords to supplement a campaign is also super easy because once you have an active campaign, your keywords should work themselves out beforehand. If you have a product our a website, you should know which keywords will function well or are desired for the campaign.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about AdWords. Their display network isn't as good as other display specific platforms but if you use it for SEM I think it functions well enough. The only thing I really struggle with at the moment is their testing of their beta. there are some features which did not transfer over from the old version to the new version. the do have forms to fill out for the feature comments, but I wonder how seriously they take user feedback while testing their beta.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest considering AdWords to anybody that is proposing a digital marketing campaign. I believe it is a cornerstone piece of any plan.

We sometimes have issues spending our budget on large budget campaigns. AdWords provides a safety net of sorts that allows us to push our spend over the proposed budget. It's quick and easy to set up and can start spending within a couple of hours. If we realize that our campaigns on other networks are not delivering, we use AdWords as a backup.

Google Ads review by Sara P.

"AdWords for Multi-Tiered Advertising Campaigns"

What do you like best?

AdWords allows for so much flexibility and customization for an organization through digital advertising. The ability to segment and retarget audiences allows us to create dynamic, multi-tiered campaigns to help nurture leads down our sales funnel.

What do you dislike?

One item which I find cumbersome is the inability to completely delete or remove an old campaign. There are times when we try a strategy or set up a test campaign which we would like to remove altogether, but are unable to. This makes our campaign list cluttered and somewhat unmanageable. Additionally, I wish it was a more simple process to share campaign settings between campaigns. There are certain settings (ad frequency, geographic location, content exclusions, etc.) which I'd like to be able to manage in one location and then apply to several campaigns. These are now all managed campaign by campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AdWords, like any ad platform, has a learning curve. Don't expect to pick up all the intricacies of the platform in a day. The best advice I can give is to create a plan which clearly identifies how you will identify the success of a particular campaign, what metrics are most important to your organizations, and calculate the ROI on any given campaign to know when it's time to "call it quits" on a particular strategy. Without the proper identifying metrics in place, you will be unable to identify the success of your AdWords campaigns.

AdWords allows us to segment and retarget audiences to create fine-tuned campaigns which reach the audiences who are most likely to convert. The ability to create logic which stacks/tiers the campaigns based on the user's interactions makes these campaigns invaluable in our digital marketing strategy.

Google Ads review by Edward T.
Management Team
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Easy way to find potential customers"

What do you like best?

Simply Google Ads is one of the best ways to send quality traffic to our website. Using this platform efficiently, you can send segmented traffic with the best relevant keywords to the product you are offering, thus improving the number of potential customers you can obtain.

What do you dislike?

The quality of the traffic can be of low quality and very expensive if you do not know to find the best keywords for your niche market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To expand your business I recommend buying Google Ads traffic since it is of high quality and practically unlimited.

We have used this platform to get new potential customers and be able to expand our brand faster on the internet. Thanks to Google Ads traffic we always get a very good profit ratio.

Google Ads review by Anant A.
Owner
Food Production

"Very Good For Quick Campaigns"

What do you like best?

When you don have access to laptop this is handy. You can quickly post a campaign and manage it in a professional way. Monitor progress and manage budget.

It is easy to use and provide many options so that you can reach your target audience in best possible way.

You can define age group, place, sex, preferences etc.

You can make sure you don't spend your money unwisely.

What do you dislike?

There are certain things that are missing, but well as for an app its quite good.

Sometimes, it becomes adamant about the budget. And sometimes, keywords cost a lot. You have to be careful while using keywords.

Also, try and negate the possibility of fake clicks. Fake clicks will end your budget very fast. A little more control on the things would have been better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use software and you can plan your online advertisement campaigns with ease.

With Adwords, I can plan my ads on google. And they can be planned in a details way, like demographics, you can choose your target audience.

It is a great user friendly easy to use product by google.

I don't need another tool to plan my campaigns as this does in a good way.

Also, I can run multiple campaigns at same time and use best keywords to generate leads. Adwords campaigns also improve your ranking on google and thus help is SEO, i.e. bringing your website ahead in searches.

Google Ads review by Sindhav B.
Digital Marketing Executive
Media Production

"Best for the Keyword Research and set campaign for Ranking "

What do you like best?

The main thing in Google AdWords is that you can easily research Keyword and it's Bid price on country wise. Now using that research, you can set campaign and get your Ad in Google First page. You can also make an ad on YouTube and Google play store to promote your business.

What do you dislike?

You need to call customer care and make a request to create an Adwords account manually. In the previous version you just need to create an account, but in the latest version, it's little complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For Getting More ROI, Must try. easy to Setup ad on Google First page.

Using Google Adwords, I can easily Research my keyword which I want a target and get Bid price for Run Ad on SERP, Youtube and Google Play store. ROI is much easier using Adwords.

Google Ads review by David C.
Marketing Strategist

"Great for small business to manage own digital"

What do you like best?

The platform itself is very easy to use and can be utilized by an individual to manage their own digital advertising. The functionality and design are pretty simple, but it still allows for greater depth for those who want to use it.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to understand how well a search marketing (AdWords) campaign is performing or what should be done to improve it. Also, depending on how deep you want to go with it, it can be labor-intensive to watch over.

The display side on Google Display Network as well as display video and YouTube are simple and easier to understand the effectiveness of, but since they are limited to those respective networks they tend to be more expensive/less efficient than programmatic platforms that can utilize many networks.

We have been able to advertise for clients on GDN (although we have now moved all of that to a separate platform) as well as run YouTube campaigns for clients who want to reach customers there (which we still do).

Google Ads review by Assaf S.
Director of User Engagement

"Still the "Bread and butter" of PPC"

What do you like best?

They keep on updating the ad formats and targeting methods to more advanced versions which usually help performance over time. Also, connecting the Adwords account with Google Analytics is an easy way to "power up" many aspects of Adwwords - at least while promoting non native apps.

What do you dislike?

The new design feels like it moves the focus away from ROI and tracking performance change.

Instead it focuses more on soft performance matrix, in hopes to get users to increase spend.

Of course everything is still available - its just a focus change in UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the available online resources and training available from Google.

When using GDN be patient while optimizing - it could take several months with GDN activity before it becomes stable, predictable, and profitable.

Linking you Adwords account to Google Analytics is an excellent way to get better conversion data, as well as audience engagement, and an easier why of creating custom audiences.

Depending on what you sell, search campaign might not be right for you at all: search campaigns usually show best results for products that already have market demand.

1. Mostly using search for reaching high intent users for the bottom of the funnel using search.

2. Also used to retarget users with different levels of intent; from those who previously visited the website, to those who abandoned the conversion funnel.

3. Recently also began utilizing this tool to amplify pieces of content.

Google Ads review by Colton W.
Marketing Generalist
Real Estate
(10,001+ employees)

"UI Improvements are both positive and negative "

What do you like best?

AdWords has been an incredibly functional tool to reach new customers, generate leads and traffic, and drive product sales. A robust tool to find, track, and market to a whole new set of people.

What do you dislike?

Recent UI improvements have made things harder to grasp. AdWords is a tool that hasn't made a dramatic change to the design of the tool itself in years, so a change in design means that things are definitely more difficult to pick up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a tool to grow your sales, reach new clients, or just increase brand awareness, this is the tool for you. If you're just starting out, you'll find the setup process simpler before, and AdWords Express offers an incredibly easy to use interface to quickly get your ads up and running without any technical experience.

We're able to reach groups of potential clients that we never thought we would, using demographic targeting tools to be able to find those clients and market to them across several channels. This has grown our sales by thousands and our brand awareness has never been better. Reaching new clients, recruiting new agents, and selling more homes has made AdWords an essential tool for us.

Google Ads review by Justin J.
Marketing Manager

"Solid Advertising Platform, but could provide better conversion data"

What do you like best?

The platform provides an easy way to create ads, control budget, and produce a variety of campaigns painlessly. The analytics connection to Google Analytics makes the Google AdWords a great platform to create fairly accurate traffic summaries.

What do you dislike?

While the platform is easy to use and is very well developed, it doesn't provide conversion metrics that allow users to understand the quality of conversions. Other platforms, like HubSpot Marketing Ads Add-on, provide user specific details. This means that without a separate platform, I can't understand the quality of the people that are converting. Without seeing actual contact data, I am not able to understand how well a campaign is performing. The support is also a bit on the slow side. If you don't have an advertising agency helping you, Google's support can be much slower (this is likely because the agencies have a better relationship with Google than any single company could have).

Recommendations to others considering the product

When comparing advertising platforms, make sure you are using a platform that provides all of your advertising needs (remarketing, CPM, CPC, etc.). You wouldn't want to settle for one solution and not have access to a particular advertising channel.

Provides a robust advertising platform for marketing efforts.

Google Ads review by Shelley H.
Marketing Coordinator

"Depends on Your Business Objectives"

What do you like best?

AdWords has served some of our clients very well by bringing in short term traffic while we ramp up momentum on organic traffic. Conversions have been a mixed bag, hence the 7 rating.

What do you dislike?

AdWords doesn't have as much targeting capability as a social platform like Facebook or Instagram. I've also had clients complain about the high amount of "bad calls" coming from ads - users who were looking for a competitor's phone number or at times looking for an entirely different vertical. I don't like that AdWords does not have a system for refunds on these types of calls.

AdWords has worked best for us in driving phone call leads, particularly for emergency services (think emergency dental, hvac work, etc) As mentioned before, it drives traffic to fill in a gap while we wait for more organic traffic to ramp up and gain traction.

Google Ads review by Adam M.
Director

"STOP! Adwords doesn't work for every business"

What do you like best?

You can achieve near instant results and quickly drive pre-vetted potential customers to see your products or service

What do you dislike?

There's a trade off between getting clicks and blowing your daily budget quickly versus getting highly targeted customers who are definitely looking for what you offer

Recommendations to others considering the product

FOR B2B USERS ONLY

Things to consider which you may not have thought about.

1) Can you differentiate how a potential client searches for your product versus how a regular consumer might search. If they amount to about the same thing (which they do for us) it's very hard to ensure you're getting quality traffic even if you limit Ad appearances to EXACT keyword matches

2) Look at competitor's campaigns and keywords. See how well you appear in each of these searches organically. Learn from their mistakes / successes.

3) Work hard to determine exactly which search terms you want to target. DON'T try too many - see how a handful go first.

4) Once you've done 3) you need to make sure you have a landing page that specifically delivers on that search term in terms of content, high quality usage of related keywords etc. YES it's a lot of work but actually this is the sort of stuff you need to do to boost your SEO so it's not entirely wasted.

5) Add video wherever you can to illustrate the main points of a landing page. Google likes this. The higher quality your landing page the less you will have to bid to be top of the list of Ads presented for each search term.

6) Finally, we missed out on certain tracking functionality because our website is built on WIX and we couldn't add certain snippets of tracking code to the page headers of our landing pages etc. So, make sure you can easily (and cheaply) add third party code to the head section of your most important web pages.

Typical business needs of driving quality sales enquiries. Unfortunately, we after 5 months of medium level spending we've received ZERO converted business so we haven't realised any benefit.