Salesforce Platform: Authenticator

Salesforce Authenticator provides additional security with 2-step verification.

Work for Salesforce Platform: Authenticator?

Learning about SalesForce?

Salesforce Platform: Authenticator Reviews

Showing 22 SalesForce reviews
SalesForce review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Excellent App for Added Security"

What do you like best?

This app is very user friendly. A quick click and you're verified providing users/employers added security and peace of mind. It avoid the unnecessary texts or emails providing an access code every time you need to log on. Would definitely recommend!

What do you dislike?

The only downside to this, is that every time, i need to send an email through Outlook, Salesforce requires a log on and authentication, which can slow down production time in the long run, but overall, the app is very user friendly. I don't think this is necessarily an issue with the app, but rather the system as a whole.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is not much I can recommend. The app is easy to set up and use. It serves it's purpose of authentication.

I love the fact that I can work on my work desktop or personal laptop and work peacefully, not be at risk of phishing, viruses, or other issues.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Platform: Authenticator
SalesForce review by Alejandro C.
Alejandro C.

"One of the most benifitial CRM programming "

What do you like best?

Salesforce is the best answer for your organization's showcasing, deals and bolster endeavors. This across the board

programming offers all that you have to discover and keep clients, bring deals to a close and develop your business.This application included another measurement in contact administration, lead era,opportunity administration,deals determining, work process mechanization, cooperation apparatuses and numerous more under one rooftop. Its simple to-utilize and a genuine saver. This cloud-based CRM programming stores all data and reports and gives access to sign into your record from any side of the world.

What do you dislike?

The thing I despise about salesforce is its database loses its quality when it gets too enormous which is no immediate blame of the CRM yet there could be more measures set up to secure against this kind of thing. It in some cases needs a touch of manual push to alter different errands and it is difficult to get an outline of my week by week plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce is one of the best cloud based CRM for little, average size and endeavor associations, with a concentrate on deals and support. This application has capacities that incorporate deals administration, promoting motorization, accomplice relationship administration and client administration it criteria utilizing only one application. So this product will be a best decision for building a superior association with client.

I can without much of a stretch utilize this application from anyplace with only a basic tap on my telephone. It has spared my important time and I feel my business more secured by deals drive. This Lightning Stage gives business the speediest, most entire approach to put your clients at the focal point of all that you do. One can without much of a stretch depend on this application for making great association with clients for better business.

What Single Sign On (SSO) solution do you use?

SalesForce review by Casey c.
Casey c.

"Ensures highest level of security and control over entirety."

What do you like best?

I like Salesforce Authenticator because it makes sure highest level of security and control over entirety which authenticate your salesforce instance and API usage manually.Anyone can get this totally for free from anroid/ios mobile phones from google play store or app store correspondingly. Salesforce Authenticator is a two-step verification process that can be used both online and offline. It deals a source code scanner that reports about the security of my code and also protects my administrative data through a exclusive security identifier that controls access in my data from every level from anyone external my corporation.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce Authenticator is very dynamic and beneficial but it has drawbacks. The authenticator linking should be taken away from the user. There are also some viruses in it as sometimes the location of login is little different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to use Salesforce Authenticator since I found it very flexible, user friendly and secure than maximum other platforms.

The benefit of using Salesforce Authenticator is it delivers the security set-up and tools which not only develop apps but also sustain security to these apps. I deployed my business is extremely secured with this app and can secure my business at anytime from anywhere.

SalesForce review by Rebecca D.
Rebecca D.

"Easy to Use and Setup!"

What do you like best?

The Salesforce Authenticator makes it super simple for someone without an IT background to get started and set up two factor authentication. The app is easy to use from both an administrator perspective, as well as for your end users.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I dislike about this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely test with a beta group of users. There are some kinks that you may need to work out, and it is simple enough to set up for a subset of your user base.

We wanted to increase the security of the data that we stored within Salesforce. Setting up two factor authentication was the best way to do this. We were able to set this up on the user level, so we only had to enforce two factor authentication for those users who had access to the data that required extra security. This was an important feature for us, as we did not want to inconvenience those users for whom it was not necessary to have additional security.

SalesForce review by Tom S.
Tom S.

"SalesForce App Cloud: Authenticator: a relief from the verification code"

What do you like best?

If you are a salesforce admin then this authenticator app is an excellent choice for you. You can get this completely for free from your anroid/ios mobile phones from google play store or app store respectively. It is a two step verification process that can be used both online and offline. The best part I like about this app is that it takes away the stress for ensuring the verification code hustle to log in to the sales force system. I don’t have to verify the code and send it to email again and again. And most importantly it restricts access in my data from anyone inside and outside of my organization as the permission is set by me. Though currently I use it alone however it can be used in a group as well. I can also find the IP address and location from this authenticator app. In one word, it is an outstanding app for salesforce management.

What do you dislike?

Being a new user of this app, the performance is still enough satisfactory to me. Till now I didn’t find any unwanted occurrence from this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As you can download it for free, you can definitely try it out. Certainly it will help you to get rid of from the verification code hustle while login into the system. It’s just a tap on your mobile and you move on.

I felt my business is highly secured with this app. One or more people can login into the system at the same time without having the disturbance of verification code. Last but not the least, I can secure my business at anytime from anywhere with just a simple touch on my mobile phone.

SalesForce review by Haydee C.
Haydee C.

"Trust starts with transparency"

What do you like best?

The security infrastructure is heavy but flexible as well. This ensures highest level of security and control over everything. It protects my organizational data through a unique security identifier that restricts access in my data from every level from anyone outside my company.

Another important security measure I liked was the User Authentication. Both delegated and SAML combines with network level security through IP address, audit trails and session restrictions which provides transparency about the user.

It offers a source code scanner that reports about the security of my code. Moreover, flexible and authenticated sessions secure my access to the metadata, logic and data.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the recent survey report that shows that there are many scam e-mails that are sent to the customers in the name of Salesforce. It says "Your SSL certificate has expired".Though these are not from Salesforce but anonymous people are making things hectic for the clients. If these issues are managed then Salesforce will be the best place for Developer Enterprises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used Salesforce authenticator and I found it very secure, flexible and user friendly than most other platforms. So, my recommendation is to use Salesforce and it is worth giving a try.

It provides the security infrastructure and tools which not only develop apps but also maintain security to these apps. I could even use it from my having downloaded from app store. It provided me the ease to control my security from anywhere.

SalesForce review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"I used the authenticator for several weeks"

What do you like best?

I liked the added security and the fact that Salesforce was still simple to use/login to despite the added security, recently the authenticator was updated with new features which may cause me to go back to using it for my department.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the fact that it was so difficult to de-activate after i decided it wasn't needed for our org.

Recommendations to others considering the product

as always, install in a sandbox first and then if you decide you do need this make sure you have a certified Salesforce admin implement for you. If your team logs in to Salesforce in an office environment only then you might not need this layer, make sure it's a good fit for your use case.

We didn't have a problem with security but i wanted to test this for the future as if we roll out Salesforce to our actual "sales force" I would want the added security as our sales team is always on the road and not always able to connect with a secure connection.

SalesForce review by Abraham T.
Abraham T.

"Ensuring high security in your Org"

What do you like best?

The authenticator is used to authenticate the user logging into your organisation or using your salesforce api, A system admin can easily create a permission set to enable authencator. You need a android or ios phone to use authenticator. All you need is to download it from the play store or app store respectively. You can say good bye to your verification codes and changing email addresses and all. It can be used even when the phone is not connected to the internet. You can get all data such as IP details and even location.

What do you dislike?

Not anything really. It is very new so I don't have any dislikes

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want more protection and ease of logging into the organisation use authenticator.

We were having scenarios where one or more people logging into one account. So we have to ask for the verification code when the global ip changes for the system. So authenticator helped us a lot

SalesForce review by Jerry B.
Jerry B.

"A flexible app with most security"

What do you like best?

As a Salesforce user, I find this app very easy to navigate and the best part of using it is its two steps verification process that can be used both online and offline. You don’t have to be stress for ensuring the verification code hustle to log in to the sales force system. It ensures the full security of the account by protecting administrative data through an exclusive security identifier. Tracing location and IP address has become very easy. The thing I like most about this app is its user friendly and doesn’t take much time to operate.

What do you dislike?

Undoubtedly it’s an outstanding app but it has cons too. Sometimes Salesforce authenticator links may contain viruses which can interrupt and may not provide the exact location of login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend people to give Salesforce a try because it’s so flexible to operate and also ensures full security of your account so that all your information remains safe. You don’t have to go through that entire verification bustle to login into your account

I can easily use this app from anywhere with just a simple tap on my phone. It has saved my valuable time and I feel my business more secured by sales force. This Lightning Platform provides business the fastest, most complete way to put your customers at the center of everything you do. One can easily rely on this app for making good relationship with customers for better business.

SalesForce review by Tariq n.
Tariq n.

"A security tool for your business "

What do you like best?

The best part of this app is its two-step authentication feature. It ascertains its users that, App Cloud, coupled with own security, will provide them secure accounts. This app protects organizational data by using a unique security identifier that restricts access in users’ data from every level from anyone who is an outsider. It views an intuitive interface for records, people and groups and also access all your custom objects and apps through their navigation menu. IP address and location can be traced easily by this app. One can easily rely on it as it works as a sales force management for a company.

What do you dislike?

Though it’s a fantastic app but it has flaws too. There are some problems with authenticator linking which contains viruses that can sometimes interrupt the location of login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One can avoid that verification code hustle while login into your account which is a great relief for user. It’s obviously a time saver and user friendly than most other platform. So I would highly recommend people to give Salesforce a try for better business.

Your business will be enough secured by using this app because of its security infrastructure and tools. You can easily use this app from any part of the world using your phone. Business can be run more smoothly by keeping all the information secured through this app.

SalesForce review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"App Cloud: Required Security Feature"

What do you like best?

We are heavy users of SFDC in our company and this level of protection was a no-brainer. The two-step authentication is key these days. We are assured that App Cloud, coupled with our own security, will provide us with secure accounts. As we continue to push roll out to more mobile use, this authentication will be even more important.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike so far. Have not had any significant issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended to use this if you are implementing SFDC on mobile devices. Like when adopting anything new, communicate, communicate, communicate. We learned that we needed to do a better effort at communicating changes when we implemented add-on or upgrades to SFDC, including this one. You have to be able to communicate 'what's in it for me' to the user. Being able to show the importance of security through two layer authentication actually gave some users that 'a-ha' moment.

With moving to a more mobile use of SFDC, across many different types of devices in a number of different regions, it is providing the level of security we expect and require.

SalesForce review by Tony M.
Tony M.

"Great security, easy to use, no more validation codes!"

What do you like best?

This feature was very easy to set up and use. My users love the fact that they don't have to receive validation codes via text or email anymore. The Apple Watch feature is pretty nice as well.

What do you dislike?

Even thought it was very simple to use, it was a little intimidating for some of our users who weren't familiar using this type of application. Have to install another application on your device. Would like to see it incorporated into the standard Salesforce1 app.

Cut down on "junk" email and text messages.

SalesForce review by User in Internet

"SalesForce App Cloud Authenticator - used at DB"

What do you like best?

This is the best extra layer of security that I have seen. Salesforce sales really pushed the two-factor authentication and I think that truly helped with the security. Everyone is mobile and the mobile authentication made this is a dream!

What do you dislike?

a few times the OATH tokens did not seem to connect with third party platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ensure you take time to sit with users and go through the logistics of mobile vs desktop

being able mostly to just authenticate on the go.

SalesForce review by Stephen R.
Stephen R.

"Very Secure Application!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can user two-factor authentication for your online accounts! A lot of products don't let you have that ability.

What do you dislike?

I haven't seen anything that is negative so far because it's a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product that lets you stay secure while doing what you need to stay current.

We are using two factor authentication for our apps.

SalesForce review by User in Computer Software

"Why can't it remember me?"

What do you like best?

It also works with my Apple Watch so I don't have to pull my phone out to log into SF.

What do you dislike?

Does not remember locations even after enabling the remember location setting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an authentication app, I don't know how much I could really tell you.

Secure login to Salesforce.

SalesForce review by Joseph T.
Joseph T.

"Salesforce is my CRM "

What do you like best?

privacy and security in the cloud whether public or Private or hybrid

What do you dislike?

not much, in fact most of the info is right on and gives me real time data as to the info i need at my finger tips

customer contacts seeking the latest updates and status reports info

info and data supplied quickly and fast

SalesForce review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Being able to find and organize new and existing contact leads.

What do you dislike?

The offering tagging is tedious; as well as the unbundling when entering TCV and revenue

Business development and sales enablement

SalesForce review by User in Higher Education

"Fantastic Educational Partner"

What do you like best?

Being in a digital era, it's very helpful to have a product with my institution that allows companies and departments to collaborate instead of having something that hurts us. This Cloud technology is exciting to use to better the lives of our students in our different titles and departments.

What do you dislike?

It's still new so I don't have a dislike yet.

Collaboration, operational, beneficial to work together and have less communication issues and better assistance for students.

SalesForce review by User in Computer Software

"Great concept, average execution."

What do you like best?

Love the extra layer of security with two-step authentication. I'm more confident that my accounts are secure.

What do you dislike?

Although I liked the idea of this app, I found the location services to be problematic; it never remembers that I've already verified that I'm at the same computer.

I hated using a VPN, so this is much easier to use. I also love the Apple watch integration but don't love having to pull out my phone for everything.

SalesForce review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"New User to App Cloud: Authenticator"

What do you like best?

I have never had an issue getting logged in with this authenticator. It adds a level of security to our software and data that is very important to our business

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time! I have been surprised not to have encountered any system errors.

We use this to add security to our software and private client data. It has added a level of security and peace of mind.

SalesForce review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Authenticator is great"

What do you like best?

His product helps us keep our instance of salesforce secure.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is disliked about this that I can think of

Secure authentication

SalesForce review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"SalesForce App review"

What do you like best?

It notifies you of new posts or tasks that you ha e to attend to. It works almost like Facebook for work.

What do you dislike?

Hard to delete tasks. Not always intuitive to use.

Reporting is good. So is sharing information with all of your team members.

Learning about Salesforce Platform: Authenticator?

* We monitor all Salesforce Platform: Authenticator reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.