ChurnZero Reviews & Product Details

ChurnZero Overview

What is ChurnZero?

ChurnZero's real-time customer success platform helps subscription businesses fight customer churn. Our platform is uniquely designed to integrate with CRM systems and tightly into an application or service. In doing so, ChurnZero (1) helps businesses understand how their customers use their product, (2) assesses their health and their likelihood to renew, and (3) gives the business the means to automate and personalize the customer experience through timely and relevant touchpoints, including in-app content. ChurnZero customers find instant ROI as their customer success managers are immediately more productive and better informed and their customers are getting better just-in-time service from the automated playbooks.

ChurnZero Details

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform helps subscription businesses fight customer churn.

The ChurnZero platform is built for growing small and mid-market B2B subscription businesses. We pride ourselves in building over 30 native API connections to business applications like Salesforce, Zendesk and Gmail. And we are unique in our strong integration with our customer's digital product and service. We believe Customer Success needs to be everywhere in a company, especially inside your product or service.

ChurnZero
2015
Washington, District of Columbia
@churnzero

ChurnZero Videos

ChurnZero Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ChurnZero community
Have you used ChurnZero before?

ChurnZero Reviews

Showing 445 ChurnZero reviews
Already have ChurnZero?
Customer Success Manager
What do you like best?

I love being able to integrate our calendar & Salesforce to have all of our client data, history, and upcoming meetings in one place. The tasks and journeys automatically ensure the client follow-ups and sessions I need to have are populated in my daily To-dos. I like being able to start my day in ChurnZero and clearly see the meetings I have and what needs to be completed outside of these. The usage data we can track for our clients also helps prep for QBRs and training sessions to be sure our clients get the most out of our tool

Vanessa, our CSM, has also been very helpful! Her trainings were clear and concise and any follow-up questions I've had were answered by her quickly and in-depth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. We've been using CZ for about 6 months and it's met all of my surface-level needs. I'm in the process of working on more in-depth segments & plays, I'm sure CZ can do what I need it to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client usage of our tool, timely implementation, tracking of client touch points and needed follow-ups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Education Experience and Training
What do you like best?

ChurnZero provides the tools needed to gain invaluable insights about different customer segments, their usage of our product, and how that relates to their NPS scores. Additionally, their customer success managers are the best. As a new Head of Customer Success, my onboarding to the needs of our users was made so much easier using the insights provided by ChurnZero. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to understand how to segment users in the most helpful way for your purposes. If you don't understand all the different nuances of the segmentation, it can be difficult to launch plays and journeys. Also, the segmenting is only as good as the organization of the data coming in from your integrations. If SalesForce is the source of customer contact information and your SalesForce fields are a mess, ChurnZero will be a mess too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reach out and engage with the ChurnZero team. They are all wonderful, straightforward, and easy to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are scaling customer engagement campaigns through automated plays and in product walk throughs and messaging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager of Customer Success
What do you like best?

Our CSM is super responsive and always able to assist in our needs. The support team is also able to assist whenever an integration questions arises. The automation and play making ability have also saved our lives in creating reminders to follow up with accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like more customization for the dashboard. It would be nice to be able to arrange things in a way that makes the most sense. Also more graphical representation of data would be appreciated as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that you ensure that you have plenty of time set aside for the implementation to give it the time it deserves. Also, please ensure you are committed to continuing to set that time aside to make improvements and iterations after you launch. The system seems overwhelming at first, but you need to just determine your priorities, create, test, and launch and just keep the cycle moving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving an inefficiency problem. This service has vastly helped up increase productivity. We have loved the integration with Salesforce which allows us to quickly log tasks and transfer those back to the rest of the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Customer Success
What do you like best?

ChurnZero is a revolutionary product that has help transform my Customer Success/Support team from a very REACTIVE approach to a very PROACTIVE approach. My CSMs were drowning in one-off emails from our customers answering similar questions on a daily basis and not really making a difference to our bottom line. Once we've introduced ChurnZero, we've been able to automate a majority of our repetitive tasks so that we can spend more time with customers, especially the ones we're not hearing from that are at risk to churn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really haven't come across anything yet. If there are any pain points it was on our side trying to get our development team to give ChurnZero what it needs in an API to give us great "event" data when customers are on our platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer tracking and engagement. Granted we had some clean-up in our CRM to help with this but ChurnZero has helped to solve our customer questions before they even knew they had those questions! It's helped out CSM team know what to do on a daily basis and how to prioritize their time with tasks and at-risk customers. The ROI is very clear when it comes to keeping reoccurring revenue in our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP Creative Direction & Customer Success
What do you like best?

Everything! From the tool, ease of data integration, our fabulous Success Manager, Naomi Aiken, quick response support team and now Custom Dashboards. We're a company with many products and customers. The data we're able to consolidate into ChurnZero has been the way forward to our success in touching almost 100% of our customer base. Our churn has improved in our long tail customer segment by 11%.

The attention we receive whether it's a support ticket, configuring product data points, playbook and journey best practices with Naomi, power of customer segmentation - over the top! I use the ChurnZero model of customer experience with my own team to set the bar of customer engagement! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that ChurnZero can do, but until we move to a more modern CDP, we have issues with the way our users and varied products that we have to utilize some work arounds to be able to engage the right individuals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best Customer Success tool around! ChurnZero does get you to operational efficiency with any number of clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our customer data has lived in numerous locations/tools. ChurnZero has finally given us the ability to see our customers and segment based on many criteria without having to be Pivot Table masters :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Success
What do you like best?

The software allows me to coach my team to be proactive with a large book of business. I am also able to create reports for the rest of our organization that allow us to take action with our customers. The customer success team (especially Vanessa) is first class and always very responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only suggestion I have is to make the knowledgebase a bit more user friendly. There is a ton of great information available but the navigation is not easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are getting in front of more customers than we were able to do without ChurnZero. We have also used many plays to be able to send out targeted information to subsets of our customer base. The popup functionality is fantastic and the reports allow all members of our organization to be on the same page in regard to our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- Analytical capabilities of ChurnZero

- Ability to segment accounts by any possible metric

- Being able to take endless factors into account to create a Churnscore for each account - a number that calculates the probability to churn.

- Churnzero's CSM Lucas was beyond expectations helpful in setting up, explaining and giving insights/ideas. He is always reachable and our biweekly meetings always add value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Due to the depth and endless possibilities of CZ, it takes focus and dedication in setting it up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ChurnZero greatly helped us in giving analytical insights into customer behaviour and more importantly customer health. Accounts can be segmented according to any possible metric our product records and additionally be analysed and compared to each other. This way we were able to gain intelligence on likelihoods of churn and what we need to do to create better customer experiences. Our customer retention increased by over 10% since our process changes (which CZ was part of). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Outside of all the possibilities within the tool and getting important customer data in front of our entire Customer Success team I'd have to say my favorite part about our collaboration with ChurnZero is our Rep, Chase Tinkham. He's always super helpful and there whenever we need him. He goes above and beyond with every ask. We wouldn't be where we are with the adoption of the tool if it wasn't for him. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if this even counts but the only thing I don't like about CZ is that there are so many ways to execute processes within the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are helping our teams with process development and refinement. In Q1 we are rolling out a new process for better understanding our customer health score, identifying gaps in our onboarding process and getting reports to the top executives. Without CZ we would not have a place to house the processes and be able to push the adoption of how we want to communicate with our customers with such ease. The data we can pull from the tool help our team leads identify areas for improvement around customer communication as well as our processes with the customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that this tool helps organise your day to ensure you focus in the right areas to increase customer satisfaction and value, which prevents churn. Its great to see dashboard views of salesforce, customer contact, customer usage, customer CSAT, to do lists etc and this is scored to see where focus is needed. Automate touch points and set up plays - its great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not found anything as of yet, all tools are there to aid the customer life cycle Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool to help you organise your day, ensuring time is spent in the right areas to prevent churn, as well as adding customer value for revenue opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is basically all your system tools under one programme, plus great features which allows everything to be monitored easily. Organising your day through to do lists, watching your customers engagement, this all saves a lot of time and energy. Biggest element of this tool is the ability to guide focus in the right place, at the right time, to increase customer satisfaction, while adding value, which prevents churn and opens revenue opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

CZ helps me identify Churn risks early! Good retention rates require that you identify issues and risks early enough to address the risk, solve the issues, and ensure customers are seeing value. CZ helps me to organize this information and score my risks efficiently and most importantly early!

CZ also helps me to identify which of my strategies are working with customers. This allows me to reproduce success across my customer base.

Using live exports also allows me to tailor my reporting to show my Board the information they care about.

CZ has helped me increase my retention rate 13% in just 1 year! My NPS went up 14 points in the same year. I've been a leader of Customer Success for 20 years, and this is the best solution to help fight churn, identify issues and risks early, and to monitor action plans. My team loves the ease of use, and I love being able to see everything all at once. This is a powerful tool that you can optimize to fit YOUR organization, YOUR strategies, and YOUR processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I "dislike". There are features that I am waiting for. 1 would be the ability to use a calendar scheduling feature within the plays. So that a customer could find availability on an account managers calendar. An outlook or gmail integration would be nice so that depending if a customer opens, reads, deletes an email that action could be added to a play such as "If customer x doesn't open or read an email in x days, create task for Account Owner that says "Customer x has not read email titled x. Please reach out to ensure information was provided and understood"". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The greatest problem I solved was identifying issues early and doing it mostly automated!! I built my ChurnScores in a way that it integrates with my data collections of usage, response rates, number of meetings, relationship scores, NPS responses, etc.... When an account turns red I am immediately alerted, and I can see the reason behind the additional risk. This allows me to solve the issue EARLY in the journey, and many times I can fix an issue before the customer even realizes there is one!

Journeys allow me to ensure all my account managers are following the same process for every account. This is important because to replicate success you have to do the right things at the right time!! If the right think at the right time isn't done, I get alerted immediately, and it allows me to hone in on the issue, why it wasn't done, course correct, and ensure the journey towards success is followed EXACTLY how I need it done. This also allows me to see if my processes make sense, if they are easily followed, and identify the gaps! By doing this I ensure a smooth customer experience, and an experience I know will lead to retention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ChurnZero took our most repeated onboarding tasks and gave us the opportunity to expand these efforts further within our success team. The tool's ability to connect with Salesforce and our proprietary analytics software provided us with a window into engagement that we previously did not have. Through CZ's own success team (definitely what drives this recommendation) we were enabled to build the solutions we needed and work in CZ through an admin role within our own team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The base dashboards provided are helpful but an investment is required if you are really looking for a highly customizable solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client onboarding is now streamlined, client re-engagement alerts are sent to our inbox, and we haven't even scratched the surface on in app alerts yet.

The automation, consistency, and monitoring with alerts allows the team to focus on proactive outreach and content development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Content
What do you like best?

I really like how I can just log in and see my tasks, alerts, etc. I love how much faster than our CRM it is and how much information I can see in one place for each account. If you put the correct data from your platform, it can be a gamechanger on predicting churn and being proactive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can get a bit tricky when to try to narrow down your segment to exactly what you need but it's usually the user that is the problem and not the platform. In any case, our CSM helped us in all situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bird's eye view of all my accounts in an instant, seeing usage going up or down, which parts of the platform are being used by my customers, early signs of churn which give me enough time to prevent that, and a lot of automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Client Services
What do you like best?

We have been spending the last few weeks perfecting our data points in the onboarding process. The team has been great at reaching out and keeping us on task so that we can hit our Q1 launch and provide our Client Success team with this powerful tool. They set the standard on what onboarding and Client Success should look like. We're excited to fully integrate ChurnZero into our outreach efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, there isn't much to dislike about ChurnZero. I know no software is perfect, so I don't like to use a copout answer. I do feel like the UX could be updated a bit, but it hasn't gotten in the way of what I need to do within the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're solving the problem of knowing our Customer Health Score, NPS scores, and who and when to reach out to when contacting our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The automation part of ChurnZero has definitely been the biggest difference for me! Now I can take care of more customers at the same time. The automated messaging depending on the customers behavior allows me to be more efficient. The great support is also something I like. Even though the time difference, I always get a response to my question/problem within 5-6 hours, when we work on the sam time I get a response within an hour. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far the main issue has been multiple users in ChurnZero whereas in my backend it is one customer. I understand the logic in how ChurnZero is built and I have figured out a way to work around it with the help of my CS at ChurnZero. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Higher efficiency, I can now help and communicate with more customers. I can also slice and dice my customer segments depending on what I want to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to automate emails at key touchpoints and create segments of clients based on certain characteristics have been incredibly impactful for our team. A direct quote from a senior strategist on our team today: "OMG I just used CZ to create a play to send out an email to my partners and I have to say that was RIDICULOUSLY efficient. Wow. ChurnZero is amazing." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve and setup time required for ChurnZero — definitely worth it, but for a busy team, it means that after a year we are still unlocking potential. A positive in a lot of ways that there is constantly more we can do with it, but it does require time investment to get the most out of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having to use confusing mail merges to send email to multiple partners, getting alerts when partners are in danger of churning for various reasons, having all our partner info stored in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Manager
What do you like best?

I like the automation, integration with Salesforce, the dashboard, layout, bulk actions and interface. It is pretty easy to use and helps make my day more streamlined Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not a whole lot that I dislike. I suppose the only thing is that CZ occasionally triggers tasks that don't always line up 100% with salesforce records. Also, sometimes you need to refresh and wait a few minutes to make an update to an account or contact, or for sending a message review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to streamline my customer success process and easily keep track of all events/calls and follow up tasks for customers. It integrates with Salesforce and it has cut down on mundane administrative work. I can manage follow up tasks and upcoming events pretty easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to understand tools. I can build an automation with clearly defined steps and triggers, with reporting and results tracking baked in. It's an intuitive process that lets me work with our account data the way that I want to.

The UI helps me see what's happening during an automation, who it's impacting and what the results are. This makes it easier to share updates with leadership about the success of a given program and communicate the process and goals.

The segmenting helps me drill down and engage better about specific types of accounts or contacts. Building a segment is fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes difficult to extract some of the reporting I'm looking for. While the built in dashboards are great for account managers, they don't always show what I'm looking for. For example, if there's a specific health score component I want to track I need to create a segment and export, then review the results in a spreadsheet.

The reporting on specific Plays is great, but it's hard to dive into the details of accounts beyond that. I'd like to be able to generate more reporting in the system rather than going through a lengthy export process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using ChurnZero to provide proactive support to users, to track account health scores and to communicate monthly with accounts about their health and results.

A major benefit has been having a system that directly links to our data so we can easily set up customer education programs. So for example we can identify a struggling account, then automatically enter them into a play to provide help and resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ChurnZero was implemented and working nearly immediately after purchasing. We were able to easily get our CRM data flowing into ChurnZero and begin setting up alerts, automation, and segments. The ChurnZero environment was easy to set-up and the ChurnZero team was with us every step of the way. This tool is excellent for small and growing teams who need a solution that doesn't take a specialist to manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no concrete dislikes. The ChurnZero team is always quick to help and provide solutions for any issues that we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Churnzero is helping to increase the visibility of our customer's health, license consumption, and usage of our platform. Additionally, it is providing automation that makes it easy to interact with our customer base in a mass, yet customized, way. We use ChurnZero in many (if not most) of our Customer Success processes to track progress, communicate with customers, and display outcomes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The most helpful piece about Churnzero is all of the assistance that you receive from the team. We were onboarded by a wonderful, helpful woman named Bri and have had a great experience since that moment! All of the items that you are able to customize and fit to your liking is awesome compared to other companies in the space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because there are SO many metrics and options, then sometimes training other people to use the software can get overwhelming to them. All of the data is fantastic information and not everyone has to utilize every piece of it, which is just another plus to the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were previously dealing with multiple streams of data in multiple software programs that we needed combined or at least in software companies that interacted with one another. We were also looking for a way to set a variety of tasks on certain schedules and to track notes. We are realizing benefits of having ability to segment customers more than we ever thought possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like how versatile it is to get data into ChurnZero. It's easy to collect additional fields that are helpful in analyzing and keeping track of my book of business. In addition, there are helpful charts and graphs that span from revenue to number of touchpoints with clients. This helps keep me on track to ensure that my accounts are getting the appropriate level of attention. Finally, I love that you can configure a churn score and then drill into it to better understand areas of need that a specific account has. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not too much that I dislike about this tool. It gets the job done and is easy to use. I do wish there were more real time, team dashboards but I think that may be a limitation on our end, not CZ. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool for growing CSM teams. I've used this and Gainsight and I really like them both but I find ChurnZero a little easier to navigate and use. There are always things that could be improved but this tool gets the job done. Also, since they're one of the newer products out there, I think there is going to be a lot of growth in terms of product maturity in the years to come. Looking forward to growing with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving how to approach my book of business and spend less time compliling, sorting through data and more time analyzing / using data. It definitely saves me time and keeps me moving in the right direction with my book of business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The structure of Churn Zero leaves no data off the table. If there is an account or contact with a data point, you can use that data to measure, automate, and execute. My favorite is the way that once initial setup is complete, I can use Devless or In App Tools to build anything I want and leave our busy developers doing what they do best - maintaining and improving OUR software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here. I suppose it would be helpful if upon implementation we had a little more strategy guidance since the webinars provide the how-to's. Sometimes I don't know what to ask or where to take the software and would like to borrow the knowledge of the CZ team as they see many accounts and can share strategies. It's almost too powerful to know what to do with at first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AUTOMATION! It has saved so much time already. And I love that we can use In App messaging combined with emails as sometimes our customers are hard to reach via email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Vanessa has been extremely knowledgeable and helpful in getting myself and the CS team up to speed on using CZ to increase visibility into our client's on-boarding journey and engagement, as well as automate many tasks. CZ has been saving us a ton of time and effort in making sure we are reaching out to our client's as frequently as we feel necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As expected with any advanced CS platform, there is the time to get up to speed, but once you invest the time, the end result is fully worth the work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to allot the time to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to monitor a client's Churn Risk and proactively get in front of any issues that they might be experiencing has been extremely helpful in reducing churn. Automating tasks that used to be done manually. Building segments of different types of clients. Building dashboards for both the CSMs and management teams to monitor daily activities and multiple calendar events. Creating alerts on various client metrics and milestones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.