Copper Reviews & Product Details

Copper Overview

What is Copper?

Copper is the easy-to-use CRM for small businesses that need to manage more sales leads & grow customer relationships—but don't have time for data entry, repetitive admin tasks, or complicated tools. Don't waste hours on typing things out—Copper integrates with Gmail and other Google Apps, so it logs all your emails and other interactions to the right contact for you. You can also see your sales and relationship essentials from email threads, to past interactions, to tasks... all in one place. Plus, never drop the ball—Copper even reminds you to reach out to contacts and follow up on deals. Join 10,000+ businesses in over 110 countries (speaking 7 languages!) in building more valuable, longer-lasting relationships.

Copper Details
Discussions
Copper Community
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Spanish

Copper is a smart & simple CRM that helps you close deals faster.

Copper is the #1 easy-to-use CRM. Copper CRM is the only CRM recommended by Google to their millions of Google Apps customers - go to https://apps.google.com/partner/recommended/ to see for yourself!

Copper
2013
San Francisco, CA
@CopperInc

Copper Videos

Copper Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Copper community
Have you used Copper before?

Copper Reviews

Showing 598 Copper reviews
Already have Copper?
Founder
What do you like best?

The app itself has a nice set of features that is comparable to Hubspot. The HUGE jump in price from free tier to paid tier with Hubspot is what made me switch to Copper. I was happy with the features and when I was using it for my prior business I used it without issue.

When I left my prior company and attempted to cancel is when everything went haywire. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is slow to respond and antagonistic. They do everything they can to make issues YOUR FAULT and little to resolve the issues.

The cancelation policy requires 30 days notice. If you cancel less than 30 days from your next invoice, according to their policy that means that not only do you owe them your next invoice, you owe them the invoice after that.

When you cancel, the UI is intentionally confusing and designed to prevent you from cancelling. When you complete a cancellation request, no email confirming the cancellation is generated and there is no user viewable way to confirm cancellation.

I thought I had processed a cancellation back in March 2020 and noticed in Jan 2021 that I was still being billed. I assume there was some kind of hiccup in the cancellation because I was not able to login or reset my password (No account exists) but I was still showing as active in their system.

I contacted customer service, they restored my account and told me I had to process a cancellation through their interface, and that then, everything would be taken care of, which I did. I mentioned that I had been erroneously charged for the past 10 months and the rep said that they would take a look at that once the cancellation was processed.

Then, two days later I was charged AGAIN.

When I reached out to customer service, I was forwarded to billing who was even less helpful. They cited their policy and made no apologies for the cancellation friction or the past months where there was no recorded activity and I was still being charged.

Not wanting to get into a lengthy back and forth, I offered an olive branch. Just refund me the charge you just issued after I had cancelled and I'll consider the other TEN MONTHS OF ERRONEOUS BILLING AFTER CANCELLATION water under the bridge.

They wrote back and said the best they could do was NOT CHARGE ME AGAIN WHICH ACCORDING TO THEIR POLICY THEY WOULD NORMALLY DO.

I don't write reviews like this ever. I write only positive reviews for software I enjoy. But this experience was so ABYSMAL, ILLOGICAL, and DOWN RIGHT RUDE that I had to put it on the public record.

SHAME. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to create multiple pipelines, track email opens, and seamlessly integrate with G-Suite were great features. Too bad about their terrible customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Copper was able to help us really streamline the sales process by giving different visuals of our leads and opportunities. How it also integrates well with G Suite/ Google Workspace is superb as it makes it easier for us, a company that wants everything in our Chrome browser. Just being in our inbox already shows us a great deal of what we need without even having to open Copper unless we want the overall view of the important things. The integration works seamlessly and it will definitely be a plus for businesses already using G Suite for their company. Our team was able to adapt to using it in just a matter of weeks if not days as it's very user-friendly. The reports also give us great insights and clearly indicate the pain points and where balls got dropped. It definitely helped how we scaled our business over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For us, it's more about being able to integrate our marketing outreach as well in a more cohesive manner. Adding more features that will help us have a holistic approach in reaching our customers and not relying on others (ie Infusionsoft, ActiveCampaign) then that addition will definitely help a ton. Because currently our sales team and accounts team definitely find it valuable but I would also love to live in a day where the marketing team also heavily relies on it for our email outreach to potential customers/clients. Currently, it does suit a lot of small to medium businesses however if we're to recommend it to a growing company like ours, then additional features are definitely needed so Copper can cater to the needs of bigger businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IF you're already in G Suite and had experienced a lot of hardships in maintaining and managing your sales pipeline and customer relationship then Copper is definitely for you. It's value for your money and adapting your team to it will be a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to really see the customer journey clearer with Copper. We also see within a few clicks the health of our sales pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The reporting, filters and automations features are the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't use shared mailbox as the sender. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Copper CRM for any organization to use. Personally, it was a challenge when we transitioned because we thought we were doing great with using only our emails and the old helpdesk tool we used to use, why change? However, once we implemented Copper and created the automations, I realized life could be much more easier. I guess we never knew what we don't know until we gave it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a sales manager, reporting and deal management is a big part of my work. Before Copper, we were using sheets and Google Data Studio for reporting. Whenever we do our monthly report to the entire company, I would need a day to make the report. With Copper CRM, I can make the report in 10 mins. The built-in reporting is very good. As long as the data is correct, I have my reports ready. And I can easily see where we are on our targets.

If we lose a deal or abandoned, we have the automation set up where it will task me to review what happened. Then I can give feedback to my team member to improve.

With filtering, I can easily see all the deals we have. I filter open deals by sales consultant, sort deals by inactive days, and I can easily see if a consultant forgot to follow up. Plus, we made an automation where in if the opportunity has been inactive for 3 days it will task the consultant to reach out, 5 days it will task me and if it's 10 days it tasks the GM. Basically, with Copper, I'm sure we're not failing to follow up and nothing falls in the gaps.

And an addition to the filtering capabilities of Copper, when my boss asks me during a meeting about a specific segment such as "How many deals did we close for "this product" that are over 20 seats in "this location" since July 1? I can easily go to the Opportunity module and filter the requirements. Right there and then, I have the data. Before Copper, this question could take me 20 mins to an hour to check in our Sheet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

Copper is a simple way to maintain my contacts. The leads pipeline and dashboard was useful as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit lackluster, I found most of my time was spent in sidebars rather than utilizing the full screen.

The new projects feature is very basic, but it's there if you need it.

The billing support is also very poor. They are quick to respond to take your money but if you want a refund then they will just stop replying. Also they have a 30 day cancellation policy, meaning if you cancel November 2nd. Not only with they charge you for November but also December! And no way to cancel, they hold your money and I had to open a dispute with my bank.

The lowest tier plan ($24/u/mo) does not offer ANY integration, I found it very frustrating that other free apps I use can hook into Copper but you go to the Copper API settings and it tells you to upgrade. The prices are also raising in January, Copper is a very money hungry business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The dashboard with reminders to keep in touch with contacts is nice, but almost all CRMs do that now. I did not find Copper to be worth the money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The seamless integration with google's gsuite is the most useful feature, hands down. Not having to transcribe data, track communications and otherwise link systems manually is a huge timesaver. The ability to quickly and seamlessly book meetings with customers is also a feature we love. The reporting is great and the ability to export data that can then become part of financial reporting is also hugely important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is not being able to share views or reports easily with colleagues who do not have accounts - we have 3 power users but 20 more people who might want to check in occasionally to see how sales are doing - there's no easy to do that without sharing screens. One other thing - when assigning revenue to won projects, it would be nice to be able to assign a revenue recognition period to more closely align with accounting procedures for exported data vs recognizing all revenue on the day of closing a sale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of a growing list of potential and active customers, tracking progress against goals for lead creation and sales. Making sure we follow up in a timely fashion. Booking customer meetings easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to work through my gmail account. The Copper Ad-Ons are very useful. When inputting a new email address Copper automatically adds in useful contact information for me. Sales pipelines are very straightforward. You can move along your sales pipeline and can make a pass down to the next user with ease.

Being able to filter through our leads by tags, dates, owned by, and other filters has helped to stay organized for where exactly a lead stands in our process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When highlighting someone's email address in my gmail account it will automatically pull them up in Copper as a "Person" instead of a "Lead" which at times can slow down the workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using all the tutorials available as Copper has made it easy to find tutorials while you are working inside of the software.

Find out exactly which programs integrate with Copper that your company uses. We use both Slack and Gmail and Copper integrates well with both.

Use of tags to organize your leads, companies, and persons has been very beneficial for our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a company we are able to organize our database of contacts and easily filter through them to find exactly what we are looking for when targeting sales.

Being able to integrate Copper with Google programs as well as many others has made it really simple to organize workflow. It does take a little time to learn how each program speaks with one another but once you've figured it out it is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The engineering team of each company can manage and create opportunities for potential business; the team's communication is dynamic thanks to its direct messages. The to do list shows tools such as customer management option, the search and creation of potential customers and being able to follow up with them. The workflow allows the user to move comfortably in the progress of the tasks. The sales management is intelligently arranged to perform the activity step by step Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There have been problems with the word tapping and a couple of occasional errors with the imports. Customer support is not fast enough, sometimes taking days to respond Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It contains so many functions that it can be uncomfortable to find what you are looking for, so an advanced search to find the desired function will fit perfectly with the program. Technical attention should improve your speed of response Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Copper saves time by automating and advancing projects faster, as well as advanced search options and job categorization allows for rapid advancement of assigned jobs respectively Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy and intuitive it is.I've used and sold many CRMs and I feel that Copper is the best! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I don't like yet. The platform is very flexible and allows me to do what I want and customize it for anything I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I conduct demos all day of our sales SaaS. Any time I am speaking to a prospect that is evaluating CRMs, I highly recommend Copper as an option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Copper allows me to add contacts to my CRM with a simple click of a button. I love the insight I gain from the tight integration to Gsuite and visibility into all historical activity with a prospect/client. It's great for team collaboration as I clearly see interactions with my other department within the contact's profile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are a lot of integrations that synchronize correctly with Gmail and this is a plus because there is great facility using the functions in softwares related to Google and Gmail services. The work groups of each company will be able to visualize in a transparent way the activities in the different areas of the realized projects. The program's interface facilitates everything from the search to the generation of clients and the interactions with them are carried out in a high level of professionalism thanks to the diversity of Copper's tools Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There will be small companies that cannot afford the service of Copper, the price is a limitation to acquire the software. Aside from this, there is nothing really negative that we have experienced using Copper Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The company would like there to be more options to help the sales process of companies, because there is not yet a version that contributes to effective work. The options in the library section could be more complete as well, helping to save time to the user Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The entire team is better able to manage and create business opportunities. The personalized help is excellent to organize the task list. The support team is very attentive and punctual in helping us learn more about the CRM functions. Customized help is excellent for functions such as organizing the task list and the order of imported contacts saves search time for everyone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I like the fact that it's one place I have Customer info at the ready. The being able to make notes for follow ups and the fact that my team members can see what others are doing and learn from how they manage their customers. It also a great tool for our managers to help over see and ad comments to let's say a customer visit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is that others on your team can go in an remove your notes. Without notification. This should only be an admin function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent way of team communication and keeping everyone on the same page.

Excellent management tool. I have still much to learn on making it more efficient for our uses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Well it allows me to schedule follow ups and keep track of customer visits especially if I have not been there in some time. I can check notes of the last visit to refresh my memory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

i really like the gmail integration and that it automatically tracks my emails to related opportunities, contacts, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

when you're logging an email to a contact, company or opportunity, i wish it was easier to see in Gmail what pipeline that was part of. we have multiple pipelines (Sales, Onboarding, etc.) so we'll often have two opportunities with the same name. Sometimes it's hard to know which opportunity from which pipeline you are logging to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

definitely make use of the gmail integration if that's what you use for email! setting recurring tasks has also helped me save tons of time on follow-ups for customers that need routine assistance or check-ins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

task management - i spend way less time on follow-ups because I get a shortlist of tasks via email from Copper each day. no more time spent trying to see when was the last time i emailed someone and figuring out who i need to check in with.

customer success - i love being able to see which opportunities are aging easily with the "slipping away" feature. i'm much less likely to lose track of a customer now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how it tracks my phone calls, text messages and emails to my clients and updates their profiles in copper. It is super easy to use and I was able to learn it quickly without too many questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since it already tracks my communication activity with my clients it would be great if it would also update my contacts in Google so that I don't have to manually input that information into my contacts and I would know automatically who was calling me once their information has been assigned to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Copper is very user friendly and even those that are not tech savvy would find it easy to use. I don't consider myself to be very technological, I often ask for help with things and I have been able to figure out Copper with minimal interactions with others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Copper saves me a lot of time in that I don't have to manually update my client files and it automatically shows me which clients I need to reach out to in order to keep them up to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that Copper integrates with Google and makes it easy for our team to see any and all history with a client of ours + communication our team has had with them. Seeing the contracts all in one spots as well as dollars spent and having the ability to add custom fields that are relevant for us is SO wonderful. Love being able to set tasks and reminders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The "search bar" function doesn't work as well as I'd hope when searching for companies or people. I could type in 1-2 whole words connected to a company name and they may not show up. It's caused many duplicated companies to be built by our team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Seeing how many leads/opportunities are open with my sales team & seeing how many have been closed and won/lost. I also like being about to reference activity for my sales team (number of emails sent, tasks, calls, etc) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the opportunities module and the workflow automation. with this as the feature of copper we can make sure that nothing falls into the gaps of our opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is something that they can improve on the projects module. It should improve more especially in creating projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of our leads and open opportunities. I realized that with copper and setting up automations we can actually keep track of them. For example there is an automation to follow-up a lead that is inactive for 3 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The pipeline makes it easy to track my workflow and know exactly where each job is at, so nothing falls through the cracks - and no paper job sheets on my desk! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it also integrated with Microsoft Outlook. A more detailed approach to task & project management would enhance the product as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

much more organised, no paper on my desk, all details kept on hand, can view at a glance my workload and what I need to prioritise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Copper has an excellent integration with Google Suite tools that we have and even with social networks that we use, we have been able to take advantage of the features that Copper offers to increase the performance of our project management and optimize our workflow and CRM in the most orderly way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like about this tool, it has met our expectations by far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Copper is perfect for all types of organizations, I certainly recommend it, as I also recommend having the Google Suite tools to further improve the user experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Copper as a CRM solution for our company has helped us manage in a more orderly and complete way our projects and improve the workflow within our collaborative environment, its integrations with Google tools such as Gmail has been quite beneficial and has meant an invaluable time saving, which has been beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Copper allows us to easily manage our sales data and the flexibility of accessing the information via the Gmail extension, via a web browser or app makes it extremely versatile. The Gmail extension simplifies the process of data entry, making data management a simple and streamlined process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to Copper is the Reporting Suite can be a little 'clunky' and it's sometimes difficult to extract the data you may need via filters. The export of data (the collation of selected data exported to a single report) could be improved, eliminating the need to export multiple reports to collate external to the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can highly recommend Copper to anyone looking for a powerful CRM that is intuitive and logical to use. The flexibility of the add-ons/extensions from different vendors makes the process of maintaining and accessing important sale data an efficient process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Copper helps our organisation easily maintain our vast pipeline, allowing our sales reps to spend more time focusing on their core roles rather than CRM management. Combined with the Gmail extension, Copper makes typically laborious data entry a simple and quick process, with all relevant sales information easily accessible via the platform or Gmail extension Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Sales have grown exponentially we are happy because it has provided solutions we have seen and noticed each copper point in which traffic, sales and customers are increasing with incredible support it has worked wonderfully for us it is an exemplary software at the beginning I had my doubts but it works specifically attractive a word to name it spectacular, I like the system the details the features and tools that it offered us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Definitely for us it has been a viable solution so I do not have a negative point regarding its operation for me it has given exponential solutions however in the future they can enter or add new features or simply constant updates for its interface does not affect for use in the system but they can beautify the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it has worked in a completely concrete way, we did not show any kind of inconvenience with respect to the system and its simple addition to a marketing system offers more capture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Definitely a mass sales system is necessary in a company because there is different software to compare each characteristic, we decided to give copper a try because for us it did not meet its objectives for this reason we are happy to have chosen the system because the characteristic tools that it does not offer they are what we need and for me it has been a complete experience because it has given brilliant solutions allowing us to save a lot of time in the increase of customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Seamless integration with Google G-Suite apps (Gmail, Drive, etc.) and Zapier allows us to create powerful and timesaving business automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see the Social Media web scraping updated to modern social media platform (like Instagram) and the removal of defunct platforms (like Google+, Klout, etc.). Would also like to see some click-saving in various parts of the UI (like adding related files from Google Drive). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workflow management and automation of prospective and current clients. For example, using Zapier we have completely automated the sending and receiving of DocuSign deal contracts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.