LearnDash Reviews & Product Details

What is LearnDash?

LearnDash is a light-weight, flexible LMS built on WordPress that is powering learning programs for Fortune 500 companies, major universities, best-selling authors, and ‘solo-preneurs’ worldwide. 2016 "Best of ELearning" nominee by ELearning Magazine. See our demo at https://demo.learndash.com

LearnDash Screenshots

1-23 of 23 total LearnDash reviews

LearnDash Reviews

1-23 of 23 total LearnDash reviews
Continuing Education Provider

"Here since day 1 and here to stay"

What do you like best?

LearnDash is made to fit seamlessly into the existing WordPress framework. It is a light plugin that has a comprehensive library of add-ons. In addition, many developers have built plugins especially for LearnDash as well as themes that provide LearnDash add-ons. Finally LearnDash provides more than just the plugin, the blog posts are essential. They contain valuable information and tips that make the difference when creating content that is engaging. I have been with LearnDash from my Day 1 and also from their Day 1. The growth has been exceptional while also maintaining quality. I am small-time compared to logos of clients they boast on their website, but I consider LearnDash to be like a business partner in the ocean of trends crowding the e-learning world.

What do you dislike?

LearnDash really fits my needs and has responded to users over the years. I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are shopping for an LMS, start by really determining all the features you will need to attain the level of monitoring and automation that your project requires. LearnDash covers all the bases and even features you did not know you wanted from an LMS. Read the blog too.

I provide online continuing education that is completely automated using the quizzes and certificates. Learners are always commenting how the set-up is convenient and easy to use.

Director of Instructional Design
Military

"Great Foundation for a In House LMS"

What do you like best?

Easy installation, amazing support, and great feature updates that happen on a regular base. LearnDash isn't only in the plugin business, but as an organization, they care about online learning, and that shows in their product roadmap, which is an amalgamation of user input and industry trends.

What do you dislike?

Lack of learning pathways. Right now, in order to achieve that functionality, I have to make 1 course with many modules/lessons. This messes up reporting as I no longer can easily factor those as completed courses since the courses are lessons. Also, scheduling reporting or background report generation. The raw report output is fantastic (and customizeable), so in conjunction with something like Tableau or Google Data Studio, I have all my reporting needs covered, it just takes far too long for the export to run.

Creating an external facing LMS. Off the shelf corporate LMS were designed for internal customers, so being able to build an LMS that is unified with an organizations website is huge for the user.

Owner

"Very feature rich and well developed Learning Management System"

What do you like best?

Out-of-the box this ships with more features than any other similar system, specifically advanced quiz types with question types for most situations; certificates, automatic grading. Reporting can be enhanced via their compatible ProPanel plug-in. Support response within 24 hours and then happy to respond when requesting status updates for bug fixes; friendly support team.

What do you dislike?

Group Leaders do not have user role management capabilities and group sorting, as well as a few other restrictions. Has to be achieved via User Role Editor plug-in which in turn has to be managed with Adminimize to restrict access to the CMS (using with WordPress). No approx. ETA's on bug fixes. Unable to allocate Groups at WordPress user registration level. Feels like a few too many steps between selecting a course and beginning the associated quiz.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare quiz features with other similar products; compare reporting with other system to see if this matches your requirements. Check compatibility with your CMS theme. Add additional time into your development and build to cover any unexpected issues when testing the system, and fully test.

Transforms a system like WordPress into a learning management gateway, handled by the plug-in. Enhances a content management website, adding value to an already impressive content management system. The combination of systems is practically seamless.

Owner, Course Creator, Developer
Internet
(Myself Only)

"LearnDash does exactly what I need it to do, and more"

What do you like best?

What do I like best? The team - they are in-tune with the LMS landscape and are constantly improving already great software. I've set up lots of courses on it, and I love the ability to make them modular, help guide my students through the course, and much more. Their widgets and shortcodes have been a life-saver as far as adding course information to custom areas of my website.

What do you dislike?

I would like better reporting - I use ProPanel and that's fantastic, but there's always more that can be added to give me a better overview of how my students are doing, where they get stuck, and how I can help. They just rolled out Frontend Reporting which is a huge step forward. I'm looking forward to more reporting in general.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Checkout the Support area. There are some great video tutorials :-)

I create online courses, and wanted to control the whole experience on my own platform, instead of using a platform like Teachable. LearnDash allows me to do something completely custom on top of WordPress, as well as integrate with WooCommerce so I can sell more than courses.

Creator

"LearnDash made launching a course easy"

What do you like best?

One of the best things about LearnDash is how easy it is to start adding in your content. Yet it has all the options nicely laid out to configure the course just the way I wanted! Their support was also top notch to give help on their core features and direction on any customizations I wanted to add in.

What do you dislike?

Because I'm in Canada, I wasn't able to use the LearnDash payment integrations (PayPal or Stripe) due to our tax requirements. But thankfully they have a great integration with Easy Digital Downloads which made it easy to set all that up.

I was looking for a simple yet powerful system to create my first self-hosted, paid online course. A lot of systems force you to do things exactly their way, whereas LearnDash let's you use (or not use) the features depending on your needs.

Using LearnDash I was able to focus on the content, and have since launched the course and students are happy with the ease of use and navigation structure of the platform.

"Perfect for those new to E-learning"

What do you like best?

Very simple structure and straightforward to use. Their support is excellent and they offer video tutorials which I would say are a MUST if you are new to LearnDash. They respect your time and get you on your way knowing what you are doing.

What do you dislike?

Many features are through partnerships with third party addons that you have to pay extra for. Considering the price, I don't mind paying for things like a visual customizer but I wish more was offered within the core product and they just cahrged mroe for it. That way troubleshooting and support would be simpler (but LearnDash support is excellent)

Used to educate the engineering design community across Canada.

(Myself Only)

"Sell online courses and keep all your money"

What do you like best?

You pay once for the software and you have the opportunity to use is for unlimited courses. It integrates will with Wordpress, which is a great plus.

What do you dislike?

You have to host this on Wordpress, so if you're not comfortable using wordpress it will be a challenge. It can be a bit complicated to know how to put things in the right order, but if you take time to learn it, it becomes easy. Because it is self hosted, it is essential that you keep your website very secure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're comfortable making updates yourself and keeping your site secure, then learndash will be a great option for you. Otherwise you may need to consider other sites that host

Making money by selling your knowledge.

I have been able to sell online courses and make additional income

Teacher
Professional Training & Coaching

"We use LearnDash for a Range of Projects! "

What do you like best?

One of our favorite things about LearnDash is how powerful it is. It is also very flexible. We have used for a range of many different types of projects - from small free courses to large master courses.

What do you dislike?

LearnDash does currently require you to integrate with something like BadgeOS for doing badges and further gamification. It is not hard to set this up, but would be nice to have this feature built in by default. They're reporting is solid but we are always looking for deeper details on student performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You cannot go wrong with LearnDash. The few things it does not do out of the box has been quite possible through existing plugins. With each new course we evaluate our options and keep coming back to LearnDash again and again.

Mostly being able to provide online education is the goal. The benefit of LearnDash is it gives us great functionality and a decent look for Students right out of the box.

Founder
Investment Management

"Client Engagement Academy offers done-for-you E-learning and Membership custom website buildouts. "

What do you like best?

Justin is passionate about student outcomes and he has designed his LMS so it's easily adaptable to proven outcome strategies.

What do you dislike?

We've built more than a few dozen sites on LearnDash and I can't find anything that I don't like :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend LearnDash. Justin is a great owner who is passionate about online education and committed to continually improving his LMS so that we, his customers, can do magical things for our clients.

We are a global leader in producing results for our customers. Results are defined by the increase in student outcomes. Step one is creating a client pathway that radically increases course completion rates. We consulted, co-designed, built, launched and hosted Digital Marketer's nine certification programs and we've seen 200-400% increases in results.

LearnDash has allowed us to build our 10 point client engagement process into each client's platform.

Course Instructor
E-Learning

"Easy to use, but fully featured"

What do you like best?

The ability to share the same lesson across multiple courses.

What do you dislike?

Lack of ability to send LearnDash notifications on a per-course basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are multiple LMS options for WordPress. Ultimately I landed on LearnDash as the core product was solid and there were a variety of "add-ons" available for connecting LearnDash to 3rd party apps, like Stripe and Zapier.

I offer online courses to the freelance web developer community and LearnDash has given me a platform to neatly organize courses and automatically track students' progression.

"Affordable LMS with lots of options"

What do you like best?

LearnDash has a great library of free add-ons to extend functionality and integrate with other WordPress plugins of use to course providers, such as GrassBlade and BadgeOS. New add-ons are added regularly, and it's always exciting to see what a new update will bring.

What do you dislike?

LearnDash could do with some improvements in terms of how course content is organized. The current setup is great when working within a course, as all associated content is laid out in the sidebar and easily accessible there. However, outside of a course there isn't much of a folder system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are relatively few LMS options for WordPress at the moment. After trialing what was available, I chose LearnDash because it simply had more functionality than the others. It's a little more expensive, but the features, support, and community are well worth it, especially compared to many hosted LMS solutions. I recommend looking through their demo site and asking lots of questions before you buy, to make sure it's the best fit for your needs.

I am using LearnDash to facilitate language learning courses. LearnDash has allowed me to organize courses, lessons, and topics in a way that is user-friendly for my students and visually appealing. It also has great options for tracking user data. Add-ons have made it easy to work with other useful WordPress plugins.

Teacher
Translation and Localization

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It provides all that I need to publish my courses in a professional way. Also, the support given is great.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike. I would recommend more type of quizzes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can only recommend Learndash based on my experience. If you are an independent teacher, with few financial resources and still would like to produce a great looking course, then this LMS is for you.

It is a great value for independent content creators. I am able to deliver my course to more students at a reasonable cost.

Chief of Video Production
Philanthropy

"Works well"

What do you like best?

The organization system of LearnDash (course, lesson, topic) is pretty straightforward and easy to learn. For most people looking to create an online course, this is a great option.

What do you dislike?

It has some quirks and bugs, and once you've made a few dozen courses, the static organization structure starts to feel a little cookie-cutter and repetitive. It would be nice to have more customizability.

A big part of our business is producing online courses... LearnDash makes it easy and streamlined to take our course videos and build a functional online course.

Training and Development Manager
Security and Investigations
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Super LMS for Wordpress with Great Support"

What do you like best?

If you look at all of my reviews, I place a high value on ease of use. LearnDash is a WordPress plugin that enables you to run a full Learning Management System with all the necessary bells and whistles. What is doesn't have is provided by third party plugins that extend the capabilities of LearnDash. From course creation to user experience LearnDash has it covered.The support is great and the creator Justin Ferriman is awesome. I am sure they have thousands of users but he makes you feel like you can always contact him one on one.

What do you dislike?

Although I love the number of plugins I can use with LearnDash, you can go overboard. The number of options can be overwhelming, but I guess that's a great problem to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go slow. The number of added plug ins can overwhelm you and you can easily get lost. Keep tabs on any changes you do and any plugin settings you use.

I had a choice, go with a cloud based LMS and pay upwards to 8 bucks per user or attempt to do it myself. LearnDash solves this problem by providing a comprehensive WP plugin that can meet most if not all of your LMS needs.

Product Training and Development Specialist
(10,001+ employees)

"LEARN DASH FREAKIN ROCKS!!!"

What do you like best?

Learn Dash allows me to have a user friendly plugin to give me the freedom to set up an LMS quickly with Wordpress. I love that I can add and remove lessons, courses, and quizzes with the click of a mouse. I am using it to run our entire employee and customer training site, and for someone who isn't a developer, this platform has been a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I wish I could do with Learn Dash is apply tags when behaviors were completed so that I don't have to use 3rd party software to determine what has been happening in the app. I can see users individually, but having aggregate stats is extremely important to scaling my success. If this is a possibility today... I'd love to learn where to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to invest in an LMS on a budget, LearnDash does everything a "true" LMS can do, and it is very straightforward. Customizable Look and Feel / Layout makes this so much more than other competitors in the space.

We are solving the welcome call connection problem that many companies experience if they have a product that requires person to person set up. Using Learn Dash has given us the ability to systematically position training courses when they need them and ensure that it is delivered EXACTLY how we need to be delivered. Customers are already showing up more prepared and informed then previously.

Snowboard National Team Member
Non-Profit Organization Management
(10,001+ employees)

"Promising Learning Management System "

What do you like best?

Integration with Wordpress is solid, this is the best learning management system available for the platform. Many of the components that have been developed are right up there with the industry leading platforms.

What do you dislike?

Some vital features are still missing for course and user management, leading to large amounts of unnecessary time for user management. User experience is somewhat clunky, with multiple, repetitive clicks that detract from the experience. "Click to Mark Complete" is a great example - why doesn't the course know that it's complete?!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If it meets your needs, it is a great piece of software. But don't buy it hoping that new features will be added to meet your needs. It might take a while...

Providing training online to employees.

Independent Consultant, LMS Manager
Professional Training & Coaching

"Fantastic LMS plug-in for Wordpress sites!!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, can be worked into almost a "full-grown" corporate LMS - superb support team and new developments!

What do you dislike?

If you come from the big LMS companies, there are still a few gaps, but mostly, you can work around it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to use additional plug-ins to make it work like a "big" LMS - you will most likely need a LRS and several other services.

Much more financially feasible for a small company. Creating courses and certifications that are fun to follow for our clients and that are accurately tracked in Wordpress and Infusionsoft.

Fundador y Socio Director
E-Learning

"Ease to use and flexible"

What do you like best?

Learn Dash is not a walled garden, you can change and customize it according to the specific needs of each client (front and backend), plus the Wordpress community is huge, so you can find an easy solution to almost every need, something you can't dream on doing using a proprietary LMS.

What do you dislike?

I only miss SCORM support, but SCORM is a legacy standard, so is not a deal breaker

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a solid hosting partner

Corporate eLearning, customizing not only look and feel, but reporting, inscription and administration

AH

"A Great LMS Plugin"

What do you like best?

The thing I liked the best about LearnDash was the functionalities that the program has.

What do you dislike?

It was a little difficult setting up and getting Forums working.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do you know a lot about WordPress? You may need to brush up a bit.

Creating an LMS that has user-generated reports with statistics. The reporting was the main reason we wanted to use it, that and we wanted an LMS with a WordPress course we are creating.

AI

"Not user friendly, very confusing"

What do you like best?

has a lot of features but you have to be familiar with wordpress and web master to manage it.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly. you have to be familiar with wordpress and web master to manage it. A regular user can't use this system at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is difficult top use, very complex admin. I recommend not using this and try to find another solution.

online video course

Web and Technology Coordinator

"Student portal for online coaching classes"

What do you like best?

I like the user ability and cleanliness of the look. It's easy to add courses, add questions, check exam results with propane.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a big fan of how it integrates with our Imember360 platform for content protection and our Infusionsoft platform. Once I update one I have to update the others and it always seems like one misaligns.

We have made it easier for our clients to move through the courses, having one lesson open at a time seems to be helpful since we were getting caught with many clients bouncing around too much and not finishing their courses.

Owner
Media Production

"LearnDash is our favorite LMS"

What do you like best?

We love the flexibility of LearnDash. It's easy to set up and works 'out of the box' while giving us the flexibility to customize it with all the available integrations. We not only use it for our client's eLearning projects and regularly recommended it on the podcast (http://onlinecoursecoach.com).

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike yet. It has worked for our needs as well as our client's needs.

We help our clients build learning management systems, eLearning and video based training systems.

AS

"Great for online courses"

What do you like best?

Great use for online courses and flow of content.

What do you dislike?

Support needs to be better, we have a lot of systems running at the same time and they blame another system for issues all the time when in reality it's LearnDash. It's like they don't want to help us sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a cheaper alternative to BlackBoard if you're in need of online learning tool.

This allows for easy tracking of clients through our online learning portal.

LearnDash Features

8.0
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.1*
* Corporate LMS Category
Do you work for LearnDash?