OptinMonster

4.0

Convert Visitors into Subscribers Create & A/B Test Beautiful Lead Capture Forms Without a Developer

Work for OptinMonster?

Learning about OptinMonster?

OptinMonster Reviews

Ask OptinMonster a Question
Showing 25 OptinMonster reviews
OptinMonster review by Cheryl C.
Cheryl C.

"Not easy to set up and design forms"

What do you like best?

It was easy to implement the tool using Wordpress since it had a plugin. I was able to get it up and running in a day. They offer a lot of display options so you can do some really targeted pop-up ads.

What do you dislike?

It is really difficult to set up the form especially if you're using the Hubspot plugin. If you use their forms then the design is all set and looks great, but then you have to manually add the contacts into your CRM system. If you use the Hubspot forms then it automatically adds the contacts into the CRM system, but it's hard to design them so they match the template. I had a hard time figuring out how to preview the pop-up ad before going live. I also thought it was hard to understand the analytics on the yes /no pop-up ads. I really don't know if it helped abandonment on the page or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool definitely has a learning curve to it. You need to have time to actually figure out how to use it in order to be successful. Once you set up a pop-up ad then the next one will take you less time.

Trying to increase conversions on the contact us form as well as throughout the website. It is challenging to understand the analytics provided since they are so limited. So I don't really know whether or not we are getting an ROI from the tool.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about OptinMonster
OptinMonster review by Bailey W.
Bailey W.

"Impressive pop-up software"

What do you like best?

I love using this software. It requires very little or no coding to set up a lead generating pop up on one of our client's sites. I'm not even a designer but it's pretty simple to make an attractive campaign that converts visitors.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be better. There's only visitors and conversions with 1 graph over time and a conversion rate. Default always shows last 30 days, and takes a few extra clicks to see a certain time frame.

Lead generation. While conversion rates vary, and some say pop-ups don't work, these can help make a difference for a client. Either they generate leads or they can be used to draw people to the pages on a website you want them to go to.

What Conversion Rate Optimization solution do you use?

OptinMonster review by User

"Great Customer Service, Great Product"

What do you like best?

I love using OptinMonster to acquire email addresses. The tool is easy to use and works. I have a Wordpress based website and Optin Monster makes it easy to get their service up and running on that platform. One of the best parts is you can go from signing up to having the program running in a matter of almost minutes. It doesn't take very long.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike, honestly. I have had a great experience with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has helped me dramatically grow my email list, not only in the number of names but in the quality of names I receive. I would highly recommend it.

I needed an easy-to-use email opt-in solution so that I could acquire email addresses on my website. I am not a developer so I needed a solution that was WYSIWYG and intuitive for someone who doesn't code.

OptinMonster review by Jennifer V.
Jennifer V.

"Great software to use to generate leads"

What do you like best?

OptinMonster allows visitors to make informed decisions based on their search on your website. They can be interested in something that you offer that may not necessarily be noticed their first visit. OptinMonster has allowed me to generate leads for my clients.

What do you dislike?

It can slow down your website using another plugin from Wordpress but I feel that it is worth it since it allows potential leads to be streamlined into our sales funnel.

OptinMonster allows businesses to solve problems with dropoffs without collecting the visitors information or turning that lead into a potential customer.

OptinMonster review by Luke S.
Luke S.

"Super easy to setup and get quick results"

What do you like best?

For those who just want to get going quickly and test ideas, there's a suite of templates you can use and quickly tweak to suit your brand.

What do you dislike?

Out of the box I couldn't find a persistent tab option to display a really important offer. In saying that, they do have a top and bottom site bar that can continually display and there is a custom a code option, too. It's just that those two options wouldn't have worked for us since we had some UI impediments stopping us from trying the first and didn't have the developer resource to try the second.

New customer acquisition. Since running the promotions to different site visitors we noticed an immediate lift in revenue.

OptinMonster review by Razvan R.
Razvan R.

"Great Lead Generation Software"

What do you like best?

This plugin will offer out of the box integration along with the most popular email marketing services that would make the setup process so simple. On the last version, they added a new feature where you can add the same subscriber to your existing subscriber list and also to a drip campaign. For me, it is very useful. Another good thing is that i can use the same account for all my websites.

What do you dislike?

It could be more templates. Also, more editing options will be good for a next upgrade. I think sometimes that I can not create the pop-ups to match my website style. Maybe in the future optinmonster staff will add some in house analytics. Right now if you want to add optinmonster to a website you need to add google analytics first and after that you will see how many impressions do yo have and how many clicks do you get on your pop-ups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In terms of ease of use, it easily outshines any other tool that we have ever tried. It is incredibly easy to use and works with all the popular email services, CMS, and eCommerce platforms.

If you value quality, innovative technology like exit intent, and a user experience that isn’t matched anywhere else on the market, then OptinMonster an investment worth making, especially considering building your email list is ultimately an investment in your business.

OptinMonster review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Best opt-in software on the market today"

What do you like best?

I like that they make it so easy to create email opt-ins. i can literally log into my OptinMonster account, select the templates I want, connect it to my email autoresponder/analytics and hit "publish" within five minutes. Their A/B split-testing features are also incredible - by testing over time, I've been able to massively improve my opt-in rate.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any complaints, but I must say that their MonsterLinks feature is kind of clunky and hard to understand if you don't know what you're doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try - they offer a free trial for a reason. They know that you'll love it and stick with them.

I am collecting more email addresses than ever before. It allows both me and my clients to stay in touch with leads that would've otherwise left forever.

OptinMonster review by Brandon H.
Brandon H.

"Fantastic Way to Drive Leads"

What do you like best?

OptinMonster is an extremely powerful tool that is great for driving leads or increasing conversions. It is so versatile and offers many display tools to customize your user's experience. Also easily integrates into many popular CRM's.

What do you dislike?

Honestly haven't found anything particularly bad about this software. We had some trouble at first getting my campaigns to show up, but once we got that all figured out, it was easy. A more technical onboarding could have solved that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give it a shot. There is a WordPress plugin available that makes it super easy to get on your site. And it integrates easily with popular CRM platforms (this is what I did to automatically feed our email captures).

We are using OptinMonster on our blog to drive signups to our email list. We have also used the exit-intent functionality in the past on our cart to offer discounts to customers who are about to abandon their cart.

OptinMonster review by User

"Customer service very average"

What do you like best?

I have found the setting up of the templates quite good, though the moving of blocks into the template doesn't always work

Integrating to mailchimp easy as was analytics, and i do like the different options that are given for the when the popus display.

What do you dislike?

Being a first time user of mailchimp, the customer service is quite non existent. I get 1 email in 24 hrs, where that won't ever be enough to get things done. Squarespace has there live chat down very well, and optinmonster could learn from this, considering how many people are with them.

I am glad i signed up for the 1 month, not the 1 year, and i highly recommend this to see how it works for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As mentioned do the 1 month only first, and see how you feel

Am looking to increase sales

OptinMonster review by User

"Fun pop-up builder with a lot of customizability!"

What do you like best?

The settings are extremely extensive. Especially with the new campaign builder, there are a lot of easy, intuitive buttons for adjusting everything from padding, margins, and borders of almost every icon or area within your campaign. On top of that, if there's anything you can't figure out how to adjust, you can still write custom CSS to really tweak the pop-up exactly to you liking. Also, they have amazing customer support! Extremely responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

For some reason, we've been struggling with getting our pop-up analytics tracked. It seems like they now require you to manually go into each pop-up and confirm your Google Analytics account, which is a bit annoying to do all the time. Additionally, integrations also have to be manually entered each time as well, so I've had to do that several times as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's helpful to have someone who understands HTML/CSS for tweaking pop-ups. Make sure your site audience would be receptive to these kinds of advertisements, or else I could see it getting very annoying for people to see them. Also make sure to turn off adblockers on your browser before trying to test the pop-ups, because I made that mistake!

We are trying to grab our web viewers' attention more, and pop-ups are a great way to do that. We use them for sales to notify people that they're going on (countdown banners are useful for this) and we use them to just incentivize people to subscribe to lists or register for events. Overall, with the many settings offered by OptinMonster in terms of colors, display settings, and campaign types, we've figured out ways to make them look on brand without being too intrusive.

OptinMonster review by Graham M.
Graham M.

"Very flexible and easy to setup"

What do you like best?

Integrations with Marketing Automation are extensive. Optinmonster plugs the gap in lead capture on site that some marketing automation software doesn't handle well. Integrates with more than some of their competitors I've tried which was pleasing

What do you dislike?

Triggers/Rules are not very flexible. Being able to use simple AND/OR/NOT logic would greatly enhance Optinmonster. The present "Display Rules" is not very clear about whether a rule is AND or OR or XOR. Better rules system with good Regex or Logic would be a massive improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the integrations and how it will save you time other than hacking different tools together and continually importing/exporting csv files otherwise

Softer and easier lead generation in areas that a full form would not suit. Timely pop ups for events. Very flexible on how we can use it.

OptinMonster review by Jordan L.
Jordan L.

"Killer lead gen for a great price"

What do you like best?

The power you get for the price you pay. OptinMonster offers a suite of lead gen tools that anyone can add to their website in seconds. Compared to what competitors offer in terms of lead gen tools, OptinMonster really can't be beat for price and features. Plus it is dead simple to install and use.

What do you dislike?

Some things are tricky to pull off but there's a lot of helpful documentation.

Lead gen is the backbone of any successful B2B business. The more you can engage with website visitors the more chance they'll convert. OptinMonster helps with a variety of ways to intercept visitors and convert them.

OptinMonster review by Administrator

"Slick Pop-Up & Lead Capture Tool for Your Website"

What do you like best?

What's best is they provide a bunch of templates (and a code base) to work off of. You don't need a web developer and designer to start using OptinMonster. It's a great tool for capturing blog subscribers and sending out alerts for news/events/product releases.

What do you dislike?

As you want to use OptinMonster for more advanced tactics, it requires a web developer to make sure everything is tracked appropriately. We did have some trouble with cross-domain tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a lot of other tools that can easily do what OptinMonster does, plus more. Like chat widgets, such as Drift.

lead capture for blog subscribers and content downloads.

It's a great tool for mentioning events and contests as well.

OptinMonster review by Christian K.
Christian K.

"A great tool to build your email list"

What do you like best?

OptinMonster is easy to install and set up. They also offer a host of customizable themes to help your optin boxes stand out.

What do you dislike?

Some of the controls could be easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of options to choose from for adding optin boxes to your blog or website. OptinMonster is a fantastic product with even better support.

Building your email list on your blog or website.

OptinMonster review by Kent S.
Kent S.

"Effective Visitor Engagement"

What do you like best?

Great flexibility to create different types of optin pop-ups.

What do you dislike?

Monsterlinks can be a bit difficult to configure into a WordPress menu item.

I use OptinMonster on client sites to engage site visitors. Often clients use Optins to sign visitors up to their newsletter or capture their name before they download an item.

OptinMonster review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Super easy to use lead generation tool "

What do you like best?

I have no dev experience and setting it up is incredibly simple.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more customizable ways to edit form fields. There is an option to custom code in form fields however some more built in ones in the platform would be appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are needing more information from lead magnets like company fields, website fields, ages, etc., it helps to have some coding experience or a dev on site who can help you. Same with designs for the optin images.

This has helped us grow leads for several of our clients immensely.

OptinMonster review by Tiina W.
Tiina W.

"Best optin software"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to create optins and share between pages

What do you dislike?

nothing, I like all the features and will test more soon

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it!

get a lot of leads

OptinMonster review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Easy to Use, Good Lead Gen"

What do you like best?

The best thing about OIM is how easy it is to create split tests and see the results. There are a lot of options at a really good price and it's been driving a decent amount of leads for us. If only one person becomes a customer from this, it pays for itself.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to export data from the interface. The only reporting is in their UI.

There is a part of our website that has historically not resulted in any leads/customers. It's the largest traffic source for the site, however, so we're using OIM to leverage that traffic.

OptinMonster review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Easy to use and beautiful templates"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly and you can create your first campaign in a matter of minutes!

What do you dislike?

The form fields have a limit to how they integrate with Marketo.

Lead Generation. We are able to generate leads without having to lift a finger other than the set up of a campaign.

OptinMonster review by Administrator

"Easy to understand Opt-in forms"

What do you like best?

Great API with SharpSpring for easy setup of optin form tracking.

What do you dislike?

doesn't always work properly and doesn't tell you why it doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it interfaces with your other marketing automation software.

Lead capturing and automation of lead management.

OptinMonster review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Good tool, but not very flexible for "

What do you like best?

This is a great tool to collect email addresses that doesn't really extend much beyond that.

What do you dislike?

It is practically impossible to disable the ability to collect email addresses.

I am trying to increase conversion by collecting email addresses.

OptinMonster review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Easy To Keep Communication Lines Open With Slack"

What do you like best?

Working Remotely, slack makes it super easy to communicate, stay connected and share ideas and documents with the rest of my team

What do you dislike?

Honestly...nothing. It suits my needs just fine.

Communication

OptinMonster review by Administrator

"Building Our Lists with OptinMonster"

What do you like best?

Easy User Experience in building optins.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes have a hard time getting them to display as I intend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep improving!!

Building our lists. Grown over 20k in last 6 months.

OptinMonster review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The most cost-effective solution for popups"

What do you like best?

Optinmonster is the best solution for the money. Setup popups very easily and get results instantly.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is somewhat unorganized, and the templates can become difficult to customize if you're not great with css or js.

Launch popups and a/b testing on multiple pages easily.

OptinMonster review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Used Optin Monster but not a fan"

What do you like best?

Easy to build forms. Also liked the number of integrations and ease of publishing

What do you dislike?

No iframe embed codes or internal database tool also

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a database to log form info and a way to implement the forms.

Embedded forms.

Learning about OptinMonster?

* We monitor all OptinMonster reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.