Online Visibility and Content Marketing SaaS Platform

Showing 576 SEMrush reviews
Roman Y.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SEMrush
SUNIL K.

""Semrush is a superb alternative for keyword and competitor research""

What do you like best?

It Provides a considerable amount of information and facts in the purely workable data format and with the ability to move the information to excel, which makes incorporating Search engine marketing details within our records simple. SEMrush may make accomplishing key phrase research, competition research with very fast velocity, which reduces our time put in accumulating info and supplies us more time to make use of the analytics and provides far better strategies to our clients.

What do you dislike?

The interface is kind of disorganized because they have included in a huge number much more choices which create a lot more webpages of tabulated details. Even though this is essential for viewing and understanding the important components, it might grow to be dull eventually, and complicated to bear in mind whereby things are all navigated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you prefer a total tactic to monitor, inform, and increase your SERP placement, Search engine optimization techniques, back-links, and Internet marketing activities, this is considered the most efficient.

SEMrush permits us to quickly to obtain a bit of information and facts about our clients' websites that lots of us research regularly. SEMrush will save our time in carrying out online investigation for web site traffic along with other studies.

What SEO solution do you use?

REKHA S.

""Semrush is a wonderful option for keyword research and competitor analysis"

What do you like best?

It provides a considerable quantity of info in a simple format and having the capacity to export the data to excel, which makes adding SEM info in our reports simple. SEMrush makes the keyword research so simple, also the competitor analysis with quick speed, which enriches our time collecting data and provides us extra time to use the metrics and provides better methods to our clients. They provide training to all of its users and definitely will even certify you with your SEO expertise.

What do you dislike?

The thing which I do not like so much is the user-interface of this application, which is hefty and not that simple to understand, it contains the data in a messy format.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of the keyword research application along with the new SEO suggestions element that is increasing with every update.

The most important and finest new attribute apart from the keyword magic application continues to be the opportunity to keep track of back links to move in your disavow file. It's preserved us lots of time.

SEMrush enables us to quickly to receive a bit of important information regarding our clients' websites that a lot of us study often. It saves a lot of our time and effort in getting and researching the data online for the perfect SEO.

Leen S.

"Semrush is an excellent solution for keyword research"

What do you like best?

It Gives a substantial amount of information in a simply usable file format and having the ability to export the data to excel, that makes adding SEM information in our reports easy. SEMrush can make carrying out keyword research, competitor analysis with super fast speed, which lowers our time spent collecting information and provides us additional time to utilize the metrics and gives much better techniques to our customers.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is sort of messy as they have added in a lot more options which produce many more pages of tabulated information. Although this is crucial for watching and learning the essential parts, it may turn out to be boring after a while, and confusing to keep in mind exactly where things are all navigated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a complete strategy to track, inform, and increase your SERP positioning, SEO techniques, backlinks and Search engine marketing activities, this is among the most effective.

SEMrush allows us to rapidly to get a piece of important information about our customers' web sites that many of us research frequently. SEMrush will save our time in doing online research for website traffic and other researches.

Andy C.

"Semrush has helped our team to build backlinks and do keyword research"

What do you like best?

I like this tool because its a complete SEO tool which has everything from spying on competitors to find from where they are getting backlinks and the keyword magic tool helps me to find the best performing keywords for my website. Also the site audit feature of this tool helps me find all the problems of my website and resolve it

What do you dislike?

This tool is expensive compared to the other tools, they should reduce the cost or come up with other plans for small companies like us

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a complete seo then go for it

This tool is helping us to save our time and money to build backlinks and manage our website. This tool save our efforts that earlier had gone into manually finding backlink opportunities and discover the problems in our websites and resolve it

Kelly H.

"Excellent Resource"

What do you like best?

SEMrush puts all the tools you need to succeed in SEO at your fingertips. Their products stay up-to-date on the current trends in SEM. They offer training for new and current users and will even certify you in your SEO skills. We recently started using the listing management feature and this is a great tool.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools (while handy) can be a little confusing. Not all keywords are included in a report. I find that I sometimes still have to run manual searches within Google to see the ranks of specific keywords or keyword phrases.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. They offer a free version with limited results. Getting full access to their tools is worth the money you will spend.

Increasing search rankings for specific industry related keywords. Easy ranking reports sent right to my email on my schedule. Local listings and managing the company information across the web. The listing management tool does this all for you in one place.

Peter K.

"Perfect for Competitor & Keyword Research"

What do you like best?

Being able to see which keywords are driving to a specific domain is invaluable. Also having detailed keyword research with search volume and difficulty as well as recommendations makes it essentially a one-stop solution. Also, all of the new features that have been added over the years, the keyword magic tool and the disavow tool have been life savers.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting for competitor research may be a bit off when compared to the actual numbers. When we checked a client's ad spend it was a bit different from what was reported on SEMRush, so we need to account for estimates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the keyword research tool as well as the new SEO recommendations feature which is improving with each upgrade.

The biggest and best new feature aside from the keyword magic tool has been the ability to monitor links to export to your disavow file. This has saved us hours of work.

Keyword research is extremely important and we wanted to ensure that we're targeting the correct keywords and optimizing our pages. Also, there are always missed opportunities that we're not capitalizing on now which makes SEMRush even more valuable to us.

Matthew K.

"SEM Rush - my choice in SEO Software"

What do you like best?

A complete suite of easy to use tools. SEM Rush is without doubt an SEO marketing dream tool. The number of clients I win because of these insights is just amazing. Granted - being a subject matter expert helps me get the most out of the product but it really is amazing and worth the effort to learn.

What do you dislike?

Multiple Google Logins for one project is the biggest issue for me. For some reason the setup requires me to add Google Analytics and Webmaster tools multiple times to one project. As an expanding product it would be nice to have a better project setup process to save time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I persoanlly made the choice for this over AHREFs. I think if you want a reporting tool SEM wins. If you want a research tool only then AHrefs is probably slightly ahead.

Content Research, Website Auditing and general SEO research is amazing.

I also use it to report to my clients how they are progressing on their SEO results. The custom reports are really pretty good and you can customise them so your clients know what you are talking about.

Jonathan s.

"long time user's review "

What do you like best?

the interface is quite nice. i like the feature that they can group all the things into a project, show the backlinks from each site and update sent to email in daily basis, sometimes it is quite busy that you cannot login and check all the metrics. Also, the competitors spending on ad is a good reference to see how and what have they done. And how we can react with them, like pay more to beat them or what. By the way, the backlink tool is very nice that we can remove toxic links linking to our site to prevent lowered ranking

What do you dislike?

the report part is a bit weak. cannot select specific time frame to show the results

currently we are using it to track the position on search engines, competitors social media activity, link buildings. It is always good to have monitoring on links into our website

Marco D.

"Probably the only tool you will need!"

What do you like best?

With SEMrush you will be able to do so many things.

I think that you probably need 30 employees to take advantage of all the features you will get with a basic semrush pro plan.

You can do crazy stuff and it will save you so much time if you are trying to be the king with your websites.

Just to mention a few basic features:

- it will help you create the best backlinks

- it will help you improve your content so that your website will rank!

- you can spy on competitors strategies.

- you can spy on competitors advertising strategies.

- you can track keywords,

- you can run the most advanced site audits.

What do you dislike?

There is no a lot to dislike, and even if you find something to dislike, just contact the support and they will do their best to make it even better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will need to prepare yourself for a huge amount of data to study! You might not be able to do all the work that can be done alone!

I was able to spy on my competitors most visited pages and backlinks and content strategies.

SEMrush gave me detailed tips on how I could improve my websites in order to rank on the first page.

It helps you with stuff that you as a human can not understand in order to rank.

John S.

"Great product for keyword research"

What do you like best?

Provides a great deal of data in an easily consumable format and with the ability to export to excel which makes adding SEM data to our reports simple. SEMrush makes doing keyword, organic and competitor analysis lightning fast which reduces our time spent gathering data and gives us more time to work with the metrics and provide better strategies to our clients.

What do you dislike?

The interface is somewhat cluttered as they've added more and more features which produce pages and pages of tabulated data. While this is critical for viewing and comprehending the important pieces, it can become monotonous over time, and confusing to remember where things are navigationally.

SEMrush helps us quickly get critical data about our clients' websites that we research on a regular basis. We integrate reports from SEMrush into our monthly strategic analysis to our clients. The functionality from SEMrush saves us countless research hours and allows us to maximize our SEM/SEO budget.

Jakub S.

"SEMRush Makes You Look Smart"

What do you like best?

The Backlink Analytics tool can provide lengthy lists of competitor's backlinks that can be exported in spreadsheet formats. You can see your competitors backlink strategies including legitimate (blogs, directories) and illegitimate methods for gaining domain and site authority on Google. I also appreciate the keyword rankings, as it allows for easy reporting and tracking of SEO optimization strategies and keyword campaigns. Great tools for tracking keywords campaigns against similar business as well.

What do you dislike?

The issue with all Analytics platforms is that they have, by their nature, a cluttered UI. While SEMRush allows users to customize their dashboards with the widgets of their choosing, it doesn't have a collection of custom-built templates like the Google Analytics Solutions Gallery. In short, use more contrast, negative space, and useful graphics, make it easier on my eyes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a full service solution to help track, inform, and improve your SERP placement, SEO strategies, backlinks and SEM activities, this is one of the best. The backlinks features alone are worth the price of admission, allowing you to study your competitor's backlink strategies and access the same blogs and directories.

SEMRush provides us with reports on SERP placement, keywords, SEO placement, competitors' SERP strategies, and backlinks. It's an invaluable tool for data which aids in analysis, guides marketing decisions and keeping clients informed of progress in SEO strategies. It was helpful to show how the results of a technical audit increased site visibility. Also good for tracking ad and keyword campaigns.

Bill R.

"SEMRush is essential to what we do"

What do you like best?

SEMRush goes beyond dumping a bunch of data on you. They help shape, guide, and package our research and insights into deliverables. Even our junior SEO analyst can add value immediately to our campaigns.

What do you dislike?

It can be overwhelming. There is a lot of stuff and new features coming fast. I recommend starting a "Project" and move through section by section to can create a strong dashboard and insights that will make you look smart in front of clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. You won't find a more full-featured SEO tool.

For us, the real switchover moment came with the reports that we could generate for clients. We were spending valuable time collecting and analyzing data, but then when we were ready to deliver our findings and recommendations to clients we were spending TONS of less valuable time packaging it up and making it presentable and consumable.

Dmytro U.

"SEMrush for semantic core collection"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that the design of the SEMrush website is responsive. For me, it is very important that the user interface is responsive, as I usually open two windows in the browser and place both windows on the desktop.

I really like the fact that the SEMrush service provides data for both Organic keywords and Paid keywords. I use Organic keywords data for SEO. I use data about 'Paid keywords' to collect keywords when the site does not yet have Google organic search engine results pages and I have the task to create an effective advertising campaign in Google Ad.

Most of all I like the fact that I can find new keywords that I can use on the current pages of the site. Thus, you can expand the semantic core of your site.

This allows me to significantly increase traffic on the site.

What do you dislike?

In SEMrush, almost everything is perfect except for the fact that the amount of data about backlinks is usually less than that of their main competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SEMrush is an all-in-one marketing toolkit. But I can recommend using SEMrush specifically for the semantic core collection.

Data about backlinks is better to take from other sources.

I use SEMrush to search for new keywords for my site.

I also use the service to search for sites of competitors that go up in the Google SERP. Then I analyze the On-page and Off-page SEO optimization of these sites.

ashwin k.

"Semrush is best seo tool for backlink creation & site audit"

What do you like best?

What i like best about Semrush is that it helps me to create high-quality backlinks without much efforts. This software helps me to do backlink gap analysis for competitors. This lets me evaluate and create a strategy to outrank my competitor. Also, this tool is great to find keywords and content suggestions to rank higher & drive traffic for my website. Without Semrush, I would not be able to obtain much success

What do you dislike?

One thing that I dislike about Semrush is that it is expensive and at a time only a single user can use this tool in my current plan

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is excellent for improving the SEO of your website

This tool has made SEO quite easy for me. I can easily create keyword focused high quality content and backlinks for my website. Also, using this tool, I can find all problems in my website and improve on page SEO of my website

Manish S.

"Semrush is a comprehensive SEO/ PPC tool"

What do you like best?

Semrush is a great tool for managing all your SEO in one place. Using this tool, I can discover the best keywords for my website and also perform the competitor analysis which is great. Moreover, using this tool I can sneak at what kind of ads my competitors are running and discover keyword and create best keyword

What do you dislike?

This is a bit expensive tool as compared to other SEO tools otherwise everything is great

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am not sure how this would help you but if you are looking for a comprehensive SEO tool then I would recommend this tool to you

Using this tool, I can efficiently manage all my on page and off page seo activities. Moreover, this tool works best for doing competitor analsis. Using this tool, we have really improved the Online presence of our website.

Sergio R.

"An indispensable tool in SEO"

What do you like best?

SEMRush has now grown so that it has a feature for pretty much any aspect of digital marketing, whether that's SEO, social and PPC.

The keyword tracking is one of the best elements. Daily position check on a good quota of keywords across your projects is great for quick references/health checks.

The reporting element is by far SEMRush's best feature, especially if you're an agency or company that needs to produce branded reports. The reports are fully customisable and use a simple builder tool to quickly make professional and data-rich reports in minutes.

The SEO audit tool doesn't feel like it's been expanded and improved much in recent years, but it's still one of the best features of the product. It's a pretty comprehensive and descriptive audit that is great for those with no to moderate SEO experience in improving SEO performance.

What do you dislike?

I feel they have become to bloated and lost their focus with the product features. They are trying too hard to be able to everything to some degree, rather than just focus on doing the SEO auditing and reporting as best as they can.

Originally SEMRush was loved by professionals because it was the go-to SEO audit tool, however I feel this is no longer the case. As they have tried too hard to add social, PPC and link metric tools into their product they have been left behind by competitors who can now provide more in-depth onsite audits.

Their position tracking is still as good as can be, although it would be good if they could track other search engines such as Bing.

Ability to keep a close eye on our SEO performance by tracking large numbers of keywords on a daily basis. The ability to create custom and data-filled PDF reports were also highly useful for internal meetings.

SEO auditing for quick glances at potential new issues and alerts of competitor changes.

Sara O.

"A Vital Tool for SEO Work"

What do you like best?

I like the clear cut reports that I can send to clients. I appreciate being able to easily track my team's SEO efforts. And I LOVE the keyword magic tool. It makes it so easy to find new keywords!

What do you dislike?

You cannot be logged into more than one computer at a time. So if you log in at work and at home, or share passwords with your team, you can find yourself logged out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do you do SEO? Then SEMrush can help. There are other (free) tools that are helpful, such as Google's Keyword Planner and Google Analytics, but SEMrush adds additional benefits. Extremely helpful!

Absolutely a fantastic tool both for the research phase of SEO/SEM and tracking the results over time. They deliver branded reports that we can then turn over to the client for review.

Mark C.

"Great multi-purpose tool capable of much more than competitive analysis"

What do you like best?

At the top of my list of reasons why I like SEMrush is using it for competitive analysis. However I also use it for prospect evaluations, SEO keyword analysis/research, site audits, SEO quake for chrome, and API interface to SEMrush database.

I also particularly like it that the SEMrush team does not remain idle - they are constantly adding new features, and beta testing new value add ideas for SEMrush users to get more insights.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about SEMrush. Whenever I am disappointed that SEMrush doesn't have a particular feature, or discover something that I wished SEMrush had, I suggest it to the team and they are very receptive to new ideas- and including the new features in future versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are doing competitive analysis for clients or prospects this tool is a must have tool. The API interface is a great way to enhance links to other evaluation tools, but that part is probably is not for technically faint of heart. The site audits are fairly easy to use and exploit, for top level insights and seem to have a much greater depth of capability than I have taken advantage of just yet. Site audits are helpful for evaluating key clients, and provides on-going regular emails as to how each site is doing.

SEMrush provides great insight into a prospect's pain areas, and where they might need help. It provides a data driven evaluation, that prospects appreciate when they see how their website is seen from the outside. I believe this tool helps me build relationships with prospects, that improves their confidence in my resources for evaluating their situation and to give them strategic insights.

Ryan D.

"Invaluable Tool For Webmasters & Marketers"

What do you like best?

I like the keyword position tracker and the site auditing with the competitor comparisons. It's really useful to see where my website is with a side-by-side comparison with our competition in regards to specific keywords we're targeting. The site auditing tool helps to identify issues with the website that can easily be fixed in order to get a better grade and be more relevant on search engines.

What do you dislike?

Only wish the interface was a little more streamlined and clean. There is a lot of noise on the various pages. Information overload with many tools I either don't know how to properly use (my own fault) or tools that are not useful to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend using it for keyword tracking and research. It's a great tool for a side-by-side comparison with competitors.

SEO. We're able to track progress with keywords we are going after to see if our efforts are working.

Logan D.

"Best analysis tool for most everything related to digital marketing"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin? Keyword research, competitive audits, keyword tracking, social monitoring, local listing monitoring are just a few of the things you can do with the tool. It's got pretty much everything you ever need. I particularly like the historical data in the keywords report which allow you to track your historical listings/rankings on a page by page basis.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing. There are some things that aren't entirely fleshed out but these tools are typically in beta. It'd be cool to have the mobile and desktop reports combined to see total search volume as well as the ability to view them individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to watch the video tutorials and read their content on how to actually use the tool. At first glance it can be pretty overwhelming but once you know where everything is it is much more powerful.

Competitive audits (keyword, shopping, social). Measuring SEO efforts and website health.

Leah H.

"One of the best SEO Tools Available "

What do you like best?

Easy to use & manage multiple projects. I love the interface, the help features, all of the SUPPORT with the blogs and videos. Even if you are not an SEO expert, you can quickly get inundated with all of the help available. It covers absolutely every area of SEO - social media, backlinking, tracking rankings, keyword research. And I find it to be pretty affordable compared to using multiple tools.

What do you dislike?

Technical Glitches on occasion, but that's really it!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This will be invaluable for your business. You will be able to better allocate all your digital marketing funds with the knowledge you gain from this program.

SEMRush is one of the best solutions I have found for discovering site errors, getting a great explanation on how to fix it, and even posting for social media. It covers end to end so many of the varied areas of SEO, that it's become an invaluable part of my business. My favorite has been utilizing the ranking tools to see how we compare against competitors, and also tips on getting featured snippets (which we achieved for one client this year!)

Taha A.

"The best data-driven tool every marketer should have in their arsenal. "

What do you like best?

There are many aspects of the tool our marketing team enjoys. The first benefit of SEMrush is the reporting tool. The ability to create custom client reports with our logo has benefited us in many ways.

Next, the topic research tool is very powerful, as we can examine what people are searching for, and potential headlines/blurbs to address their search intent.

We can take this a step further and dig into keywords analytics to filter through which keywords are worth pursuing.

Another feature we really like about SEMrush is the ability to analyze our competitors. Seeing what keywords they rank for, their paid ads strategy, and where they generate traffic from is powerful. We can take this data and deconstruct our competitor's marketing strategy.

What do you dislike?

Only issue we've had with SEMrush is embedding the widget on our website

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think adding insight on social media ads (like AdEspresso or AdBeat) would be very beneficial.

Organic traffic: we use a combination of the keyword magic tool, position tracking, website audit, and numerous other elements to create, engage, and analyze an organic strategy.

Social media: we use the Twitter aspect of SEMrush the most. We track the number of total engagement, our best performing tweets, and any accounts that have mentioned us to boost our social media strategy.

Content template: this is our go-to tool to create a new, long post article to make sure we're optimizing our content strategy.

There are numerous other benefits of SEM. Each of the above elements can also be used to analyze competitors and deconstruct their strategy.

Jerrod W.

"Excellent keyword and competitive research tool!"

What do you like best?

I've been a subscriber to SEMRush for 4 years. I love the ability to assess trends for keyword and overall traffic on the overview screen.

This has been so huge in benchmarking campaign success.

All the info on the keyword OVERVIEW is great.

I've been able to identify strong improvements and capitalize on them.

Also, it's helpful to know to see if there are any weaknesses, or improvements in my strategy to be made.

I LOVE how SEMRush still has more specific and precise keyword and Google traffic volume than Google's keyword tool. This has been a lifesaver in Keyword research and campaign development.

What do you dislike?

It goes down from time to time. It's frustrating, but it's not that often.

Google Keyword tool stopped giving accurate traffic volume estimates a couple of years ago, and the number range has been frustratingly broad.

It's been much more effective to use SEMRush for keyword research.

Also, knowing the previous positions of keywords to determine advancement or decline in the SERPS is really helpful.

Tom V.

"SEMrush: the Swiss Army Knife of SEO (and SEM) Tools. "

What do you like best?

The evolution of SEMrush over the years has been phenomenal. My first time using the product, over 10 years ago, left me slightly underwhelmed. Boy has that changed! They have evolved into a tool that I use every day and literally can't live without.

What do you dislike?

At this point I'd be hard pressed to find any flaws in the product since they continually evolve and improve. If I had to pick one issue, though, occasionally the ranking tool doesn't read the SERP results correctly and reports a drop when there is none. This is relatively infrequent and something I've seen with other tools as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't try it unless you are prepared to fall in love with it.

SEMrush helps me as a sales tool since I can generate reports to show potential clients where their weaknesses are. From there it becomes my go-to baseline report generator. After that, it helps me identify issues and opportunities when working on a site and provides a great way to show progress to my clients.

Learn more about SEMrush

SEMrush Videos

Learning about SEMrush?

* We monitor all SEMrush reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

No credit card needed