Semrush Reviews & Product Details

Semrush Overview

What is Semrush?

Semrush is an online visibility management and content marketing SaaS platform that enables businesses to optimize their online presence across all key channels. Semrush data and insights are trusted by 6,000,000 marketing professionals and over 1000 top media outlets worldwide. With more than 50 tools within the software, data for more than 140 countries, integration with Google and task management platforms, Semrush is now must-have software for digital marketing teams across the world.

Semrush Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Online Visibility and Content Marketing SaaS Platform

Our software helps marketers in companies of all sizes and industries to optimize their online visibility across key channels (from Search to Social Media and PR) and create engaging content for their users. Our reach data allows to discover great opportunities for growth, while workflow and tracking solutions help users to constantly run experiments and accurately measure results.

Semrush

Showing 1,004 Semrush reviews
Showing 1,004 reviews
Already have Semrush?
SEO Manager - Global Deployments
What do you like best?

Semrush is one of the best value search suites on the market... it covers both paid & organic channels which is key for a well rounded view of your digital activities. Semrush offers you insights on 20 billion keywords across 14 geographic regions for 800 million domains. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Semrush's user management is annoying at times and expensive with larger teams as you can only have 1 concurrent user logged in with each account... this means you can't share 1 login across multiple team members or create sub-user logins as you can with other search tools Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an alternative to Brightedge Semrush is that suite Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A global view of search activities globally in a single platform for performance but also insight and research. Also able to integrate internal data with Semrush API has allowed search insights to scale to millions of keywords not previously possible or too expensive with other SEO suites like Brightedge Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi David, thank you so much for your review! Great to know you enjoy Semrush tools. The number os users under one account is limited, but you can add extra users - just email us at mail@semrush.com and we'll be happy to help!

Director of Marketing
What do you like best?

I love the break down that it gives for keyword ranking and keyword terms to figure out what will work best for a new page or how to enhance your rankings and see what your competitors are doing across the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do feel like there is a lot of stuff you can do with it and sometimes it’s overwhelming but everything is easy to understand and they also have an Academy to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It might be a little pricey, yes, but it’s one of the most beneficial tools to help boost your organic rankings on Google and if that’s what you’re worried about then this is a good program for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems we are solving with this tool is our rankings organically for Google and our rankings competitively a crossed other companies in our field. We are able to gauge where we are in the market what keywords we should use but keywords so we shouldn’t go after and what the best option is to move forward organically. It’s also a great tool for building out a landing page and figuring out what your SEO title will be and what terms as secondary keywords to use and how to pick the best primary keyword for that particular page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Alexandra, thank you so much for your review! Great to know you enjoy Semrush tools! Happy to have you with us :)

What do you like best?

This month was spent setting up reporting and becoming familiarized with the platform. My companies’ site has been neglected for some time and the site health dashboard has been a life saver to identify the key issues that need immediate fixing. The dashboard list all the errors by type and shows your progress for fixing everything. For my company, SEMrush has been a great tool for monitoring our SEO progress and I am looking forward to using the tool more Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some dashboards are not very user friendly like the content analyzer, when clicking to look at the content pieces that were analyzed. I find this dashboard harder to work with then others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Every tool has it's benefits. But this tool is not just for SEO monitoring, it a wonderful content tool for developing new content and learning what your competitors are doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have written a lot of content over the years, but it was not focused on SEO best practices. We now can track our targeted key words, identify problems with our website, and determine which content should be removed and what should be updated. We are a small company, who focuses mostly on our client work and this tool has been so helpful in determining where to focus our efforts on our companies website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Stephanie, thank you very much for your review! Glad to hear SEMrush helped you out with your SEO game!

What do you like best?

- It's very easy to use.

- Semrush offers all the features which are required for a beginner to advanced level SEO. It's a great hub for virtually every facet of SEO you can imagine.

- The On-Page SEO Checker from Semrush is awesome. It scans content for SEO issues and also shows whether or not content is over-optimized.

- I also like the “Semantic” section, which gives a list of LSI keywords that we can use in our content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Link Building Outreach Tool: At the moment there is no possibility to export contact details from the "In Progress" tab in the Link building tool. I hope in the future releases, we will see that option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I highly recommend Semrush over other SEO platforms. Try it, and you will never regret using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Keyword Research

- Rank tracking

- Technical SEO and Site Audit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Rajesh, thank you for your review - happy that you recommend Semrush! Will pass your feedback on Link Building tool to our dev team for consideration.

Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
What do you like best?

My favorite part about using SEMrush is that it gives us a complete picture of our campaign success points, as well as areas for improvement. Their development team also provides constant attention to adding new features without forgetting to improve existing tools. This commitment to forward progress continues to keep it relevant in a constantly evolving industry. They improve on the areas of their platform where they are behind best in class, and double down on what they already do that is best in class, which creates a win win situation for users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are service features other platforms have that it does not - like crawling sites for specific lines of code, or finding exact mentions of keywords inside the text of a page. This isn't a deal breaker by any means if you're looking to invest in SEMrush, but it does require me to have other tools available to do my work on a day to day basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEMrush saves my team and I tons of time combing through webpages by hand for SEO opportunities. Instead, I can give the On-Page SEO Checker a URL and a keyword target, and it will give me a report in moments with an analysis of everything I need to know to be successful on each page. The site audit tool also does a great job of helping us identify issues that are sitewide versus on a page by page basis, so we can often troubleshoot errors en masse with one fix, instead of looking at things on a page by page level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Jonathan, thank you for your review and feedback! We will pass your thought about specific crawling requirements to our team for consideration. Great to have you with us and we're happy you and your team enjoy the tools!

What do you like best?

Keyword Research Tools (Keyword Magic Tool specifically)

Competitor research

Being able to find featured snippets that are currently owned & new opportunities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the SEO audit tool can be improved, it's one of the few things that I still need additional software to perform well.

The content creation tools (SEO writing assistant) is a bit lacking as well, and is one of the tools that doesn't provide the full value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a first-timer using SEMRush, be sure to take the time to watch the tutorial videos provided by the company.

It might be the tool with the most number of features so it does take a bit of time to get familiar with them to get the most out of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time-saving.

Keyword research and more specifically, topic research takes the most time and it's something that SEMRush helps solve.

Without a tool to help with the research process, time spent is most likely 3x or 4x at least. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The competitor discovery is thorough and easy to use whether you are just starting out in SEO or you are a seasoned professional. This tool allows us to compare our online pressence from web visibility to PPC campaigns and even social media. We're able to learn where we can make major strides as well as measure the effectiveness of what we're doing. Plus they have an amazing network of experts to share insight and tips for improvement. Seriously, they have some of the absolute best webinars for people who are learning on their own! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some tools that aren't 100% applicable, but I do find that if we have an issue with the function of a feature we can reach out and have our questions/concerns answered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use all of the knowledge base! The blogs are extremely helpful! The webinars are amazing and have so much added value without additional cost! I would also recommend that you follow them on social media as they do amazing community engagement and share tips, tricks, and previews to changes in the field! My favorite thing they do are their Twitter chats! So much great community information! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One major problem we solved was finding that the firm we were using for SEO and PPC weren't really doing much to help us out. They were providing reporting that looked good, but we weren't seeing results we though we'd see. By incorporating SEMrush we were able to truly evaluate what this firm was doing and found out that with the proper tools in house, we could be more effective. It's an amazing tool for auditing web performance. Even if that was all you did with it, it's well worth the money. But the best part is, it does so much more! We're able to see what our competitors are doing in real time as well as finding the best ways to gain new keywords the right way! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's difficult to choose what I like best.

Keyword Gap

SEO visibility

Keyword research

Site health

SEO recommendations

SEO writing assistant Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

All the tools are brilliant. The only thing I don't like is the keyword monitoring table is iFramed, meaning the user has to slide back and forward within the window, especially if you're comparing your company's performance with me than 2 competitors.

Whilst I like the idea of the link building tool, I find contacting webmasters completely fruitless in order to get backlinks. Therefore, I don't tend to use this tool.

The social media poster has failed for LinkedIn a couple of times, so I've reverted to Hootsuite. Also, Hootsuite has the ability to set up streams to follow keywords, which I find extremely helpful. It helps us identify potential clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I honestly believe that you can't go wrong using SEMrush for your SEM needs. I've found it instrumental in getting our company to the top of SEO Visibility in our marketplace in the UK. It has also been an invaluable tool for PPC decisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keyword choice with semantic phrases.

How are competitors ranking higher than us in SERPS

Keyword gaps

Backlink audit and removing toxic links

I also love using the SEO content template. Whilst some keyword suggestions don't really match the topic, I find it really helpful and it helps to add extra layers to our copywriting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Kay, thank you very much for your review! Great to have your feedback on the tools - we'll pass it to our dev team. Please let us know if you face issues in any of the tools by emailing at mail@semrush.com - we'd love to look into each case and eliminate those. Thank you for support, great to know you enjoy SEMrush!

Director of Search
What do you like best?

I love the toolset, these guys are always building something new into the suite.

I have been using the tool starting around 2008 :)

The entire staff is amazing, I have been able to work with them at live events including seminars as well as their amazing online workshops keeping me up to date on things other marketers are doing with their websites.

If you manage a website, it is totally worth the money, especially with their Audit Tools helping you to identify areas of your website that may need improvement helping your overall technical SEO.

I feel like I am always learning with weekly online seminars, especially since they work with some of the Top SEO Influencers all over the world.

(Tons of SMART People)

Another great resource would be their SEO Academy where they have free online digital marketing courses & exams to help increase your skills from beginner to advanced.

One of my other favorite tools would be the Domain Overview Report allowing you to type in any domain including your competition giving you a ton of very insightful information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I could say, I have anything that I would dislike about this product. It works fantastic :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, I know you will like it. I am in the tool just about every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use this product for many of the companies I manage, it is perfect for any size team from individual to complete agency. Over the years, I have come to love the Site Audit tool helping me to identify areas of the site for optimization and keeping ahead of broken elements within my website. Other tools would include their keyword magic, keyword gap, position tracking, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi William, thank you very much for your review! We are happy to read you enjoy so many things, from our tools to the team and Academy! Great to have you with us :)

Writer and Founder
What do you like best?

It is difficult to say. I like many SEMrush features including keyword magic, competitor analysis, position tracking, content analyzer, and so on. They all work best to find new opportunities, optimize content, and spy on other websites. It also has friendly customer support that will answer all your queries in a few hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, its interface was not good for me. But after using it for many days, I am addicted to it. So I can't point out any major drawbacks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SEMrush is an all-rounder SEO tool for keyword research, competitor analysis, link building, and many others. Just go ahead. You will never regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEMrush's Keyword Magic tool is really powerful to find profitable and less competitive keywords in any niche. It's already famous, so I don't want to explain it again.

The Backlink Analysis tool is best to get details of your competitor's backlinks. It also helps you to keep an eye on your own new as well as lost backlinks. It will analyze the quality of your backlinks and display them with a toxic score. If the score is high, it's better to disavow links with Google to avoid penalties. SEMrush will generate a disavow file and you just need to upload it to Google webmaster tools. Thus it will save your time and protect your site from unexpected risks. It's a unique SEMrush feature and you can't find it in any other SEO tools.

SEO audit is another major SEMrush tool. Audit your website to find SEO issues, broken links, slow loading pages, etc. FIx them to improve your authority score and rank higher in search engines.

I also like Content Analyzer on SEMrush. It will analyze your content automatically and organize them in boards that need to be updated or removed. They are low-performing content. So you should update them to get traffic. I recently removed over blog posts using this tool and thereafter, I can see positive changes in traffic also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Manoj, thank you very much for your review! We are happy you enjoy our tools and will pass your feedback to our dev team!

What do you like best?

The best part of SEMRush is the ongoing monitoring that it provides. Nearly every day, I receive a notification of the changes in ranks for my content. This allows me to better identify and understand changes to my organic traffic. It also helps me identify opportunities to create content that I know will perform well in organic search'. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The volume of data and tools that are included with even the base package can be a little overwhelming at first. Taking time to learn how to use the various tools is well worth the effort, though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most critical problem that SEMRush helps me solve is optimizing older blog posts so they perform better in organic search. By seeing what keywords the content is ranking for and then identifying ways to improve those rankings, I am able to generate more organic traffic and, as a result, more revenue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Sean, thank you very much for your review! Great to have your feedback on the tools - we're happy you enjoy SEMrush! Please note that we have a free Academy and Knowledge Base to help you navigate through the tools, and we'll always be happy to help you personally if you DM us on any social media or drop us an email!

What do you like best?

The functions. The resources and options that SEMRush provides will make you at times ponder how it can be attainable. The person interface is kind of fantastic at the same time. It's totally quick to navigate close to and that i failed to necessary to study any tutorials to grasp where by just about every function is and what intent they provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To put it briefly, it can be high-priced. In my practical experience, not each organization is keen to pay for $99/month only for an Website positioning software. With any luck ,, which is just my working experience, because I feel SEMRush may be very properly truly worth it. However the primary draw back of me utilizing the instrument was convincing several of my earlier bosses to acquire the resource for our Website positioning endeavours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have the demo and find out the outcomes yourself. Make use of the demo experiences to your pitch for getting this provider to your organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEMRush will take Website positioning into the future amount and will make the SERP benefits administration much-much far better.

Competitor assessment applications ensure it is doable to be aware of accurately how effectively your manufacturer is doing when compared to other opponents.

Additionally, it assists a whole lot with paid out advertising and marketing endeavours, due to the fact you are able to test out your competitors' Google Adwords advertisement copies and find out what keyword phrases they may have bid on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Vineet, thank you very much for your review! We are happy you enjoy our tools and will pass your feedback to our dev team! We are also glad you are happy with your plan and package!

Business Development Team
What do you like best?

SEMrush is a great tool offering various tool kits like on-page and off-page SEO. content marketing tool kit and social media tool kit..etc. The content writing assistant functionality is what I like the most because it seamlessly allows you to write SEO friendly content by offering assistance on keywords, readability score, and tone of voice ..etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as such but the UI can be made simpler Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We started ranking on SERP results by using SEMRush content tools

We are able to identify all the technical problems with our website by using site audit

we are able to easily track our positions for specific keywords using the position tracking functionality

Overall, we are able to improve our visibility as a brand in an otherwise crowded marketplace

All these were much tougher to achieve without SEMrush Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Rangasai, thank you so much for your review! Great to know you're enjoying our content toolkit!

Marketing Coordinator
What do you like best?

The features. The tools and features that SEMRush offers makes you sometimes wonder how it's possible. The user interface is quite wonderful as well. It's very easy to navigate around and I didn't needed to read any tutorials to understand where each feature is and what purpose they serve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In short, it's expensive. In my experience, not every company is willing to pay $99/month just for an SEO tool. Hopefully, that's just my experience, since I think SEMRush is very well worth it. But the main downside of me using the tool was convincing some of my past bosses to get the tool for our SEO efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the trial and see the results for yourself. Use the trial reports for your pitch to get this service for your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEMRush takes SEO to the next level and makes the SERP results management much-much better.

Competitor analysis tools make it possible to understand exactly how well your brand is performing compared to other competitors.

It also helps a lot with paid advertising efforts, since you can check out your competitors' Google Adwords ad copies and see what keywords they have bid on.

Oh, and last but not least, keyword research. SEMRush is a great source for keyword ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Tigran, thank you so much for your review! We are happy you enjoy the tools, and we will pass your feedback to the team. Feel free to email us at mail@semrush.com so we can help you choose an optimal plan for your needs!

What do you like best?

SEMrush has one of the best keyword databases in the world. Tons of keywords, regular updates and they always try to maintain it well. Also, there are a number of really impressive features. I'm thinking in particular of domain analysis, the site audit tool, Keyword Magic ... which allows me to do my work on a daily basis and save time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that SEMrush has a lot of tools, generate a bit of "noise" in the data, but if you keep your critical eye, that's fine! Also, there are a few SEMrush tools that are not as specialized as tools that meet very specific needs. Example: SEMrush SEO writing assistant VS YourText.Guru. YourText.Guru is the best for the data-side, but SEMrush have x 50 features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SEMrush is a tool to have in your default toolbox. You can complement it with other more specialized tools afterwards, but you need it. It's a great classic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can observe the SEO visibility of a site at a glance. I can do my keyword research. I can work with my clients in their dashboard. I can see what are the interesting topics for a content marketing strategy, to broadcast. I watch the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Thomas, thank you very much for your review! Great to have your feedback on the tools - we're happy you enjoy SEMrush!

What do you like best?

All in one software. Content tools and keyword research is great. We also track our projects progress thus giving us quantifiable results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything is pretty good no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Semrush is cool . It gets the job done. Boom Boom is doing way better now thanks to Semrush. I like the content generation tool where you can check your seo score on articles,. Its super useful. Also the keyword tool is great. The magic keyword tool gets the job done veverytine. I also like that you can go ahead and check on your projects doing site audits and stuff. It is excellent for that. Also you can have project tabs and set up site crawls checking for everything form duplicate data to errors etc. Omg. This review is really long. Maybe I should hire someone to do this for me. Semrush usually lets me know I have to write thousands of words in order to rank an article. I would say that's my biggest weakness. I think you can hire people to write on semrush now. Its also great how you can go ahead and check on social media posts and ad mentions for your brand in the inter webs. Super cool . It sends me an scheduled email about Aad and brand mentions. Also the listing checker local listing citation checker tool is super cool and useful. Its good to know that you have to write an insane amount to even be eligible for gift cards with semrush. So tread with caution. Maybe spending your time doing other things is more valuable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ranking websites efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MD | Owner