Bluehost Reviews & Product Details

Bluehost Overview

What is Bluehost?

Bluehost, an Endurance International Group company, is a trusted partner for WordPress users. Founded in 2003, Bluehost enables novices and experts alike to create and maintain a web presence with reliable web hosting, eCommerce tools, marketing applications, automated security, and WordPress tools. Its one-stop dashboard makes it easy for users to manage most aspects of their website from metrics to site security. Built on open source technology, Bluehost continues to support and participate in countless open source projects to help push the internet to its full potential.

Bluehost Details

Powering more than two million websites online

Endurance International Group
$1,113
@Domaindotcom
3,687 employees on LinkedIn®

Bluehost Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Bluehost community
Have you used Bluehost before?

Bluehost Reviews

Showing 178 Bluehost reviews
Already have Bluehost?
VP of Operations
Full Stack web developer
What do you like best?

It is easy to use and provides more options in the dashboard but it is very good for small project because it is low in cost and has a good tutorial to solve the problem and many developers are familiar with it so you will not encounter a problem that cannot be solved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With large and medium projects there are performance issues and usage limitations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

for who need to hosting in any hosting provider the bluehost is easy to use and provides more options in the dashboard but it is very good for small project because it is low in cost and has a good tutorial to solve the problem and many developers are familiar with it so you will not encounter a problem that cannot be solved. but for intermediate and big projects it is not good choice because issues in limiting and performance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

hosting multi web sites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Bluehost
Doer of Things
What do you like best?

The most basic tier of bluehost is okay, because you can host unlimited sites if you can tolerate 6-7 load times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything else about bluehost is really terrible.

Customer support is frustrating and being passed around for hour after hour.

Their WP Pro package was a $400 mistake, now I'm hosted with SiteGround which actually works.

They got me to hang on until the month guarantee expired, and then never fixed my problems:

Backups don't work. Period. There is no value to the backup package that comes with Pro.

Cloudfront could not be configured with SSL; in fact Cloudfront could not be configured at all.

Whenever there is any change to make at all, they blame *everything* on a 72-hour DNS change when every mature web hosting company in the world can tell you how to stage your DNS change with minimal outage. They just don't *want* to. I finally got *one* rep (out of literally 20) to change a DNS TTL for me to 1 hour (instead of the default 6 hours), so I *know* they can do it.

Then, to top it all, whenever your site is unavailable due to DNS, there is a Bluehost error message displayed that makes you look like you didn't pay your Bluehost bill.

This service is not something you would ever provide to a customer; you will look terrible and you'll *still* end up paying for some other service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For a while, it looked like Bluehost could be used to host a low-latency Wordpress installation. But that turned out not to be true. I have wasted hundreds and hundreds of hours with this terrible, terrible company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Financial Representative
What do you like best?

The best thing about Bluehost to me is the many capabilities to connect it with Wordpress to make your website even better. Bluehost is also very helpful with getting the site up and running step by step. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about Bluehost is the multiple ways to upgrade your sites software that isn't always the most user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Some recommendations to others considering Bluehost would be to take your time as you become familiar with the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BLuehost solves the issue of finding a reliable website host that will also maintenance your site for you as well. The benefits that I have realized from this would be the ability for my site to run its own maintenance and security protocols even when I can not be logged in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Guess their uptime? Even not sure about that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

How Bluehost is squeezing you everywhere they can. They are raising prices on parked domains all the time.

I have a bunch of parked domains that I don't want to renew and they don't have an easy way to mark them to not renew. They deliberately made it so you have to go into every single one of them and switch. Not surprisingly to early renew it is only a drop-down menu item. :-(

When you go back from that domain, you end up on top of the list again and scrolling is so slow, that I am using this time to write this review. Really frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hosting my company/personal business URL there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Scientist
What do you like best?

Bluehost is fast, reliable and secure. I am using Bluehost for 5 years now. My website www.techsandooq.com is hosted on Bluehost and I am happy with my decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the technical staff is not that technical. Sometime chat ends and we have to explain everything to new agent. This should be changed. I have noticed a change and I think it is implemented but can be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it for domain and hosting, SSL and backups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AV
What do you like best?

At this point, not much. We are transferring our domains away from BlueHost to a provider that has great customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer support is awful. During a recent outage, I was told by two reps that my issue was being taken care of and my site would be rebuilt within 1-2 hours. A few hours later, my site was still down so when I called a 3rd time it was only then was I told they couldn't fix my site because the files were deleted. They only sent one warning email that they would delete my site within 30 days, which was sent amongst a bunch of other renewal notices. For something as important as a website, you would hope they would send multiple warnings before deletion.

Because of the hosting lapse and the files being deleted, I was going to need to rebuild the site from my WordPress backup (which was well beyond my technical understanding.) Instead of being helped, I was continuously sent a link to a tutorial instead of being walked through it by the rep. I asked at least 5 times if there was someone that could download the files from the link I provided since it was beyond my abilities, even after reviewing the tutorial, and was ignored and sent a link to another tutorial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find someone with better customer service and support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm not. It's caused me problems, including deleting my entire website with only one notification email, which was missed by an employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Julie Archer of Bluehost

Hello,

I am extremely sorry to hear about this frustrating experience that you have had with our services. I would love to escalate your concerns further and see what occurred here and how we can improve our processes in the future. Could you please send us an email at socialsupport@bluehost.com with your domain on the account and reference this review?

Thank you!

Julie

What do you like best?

I like the fast response from chat and by being a new website owner I was completely confused about what I should do first and what should happen next but Bluehost has step by step guide on how to get your website up and functioning. The layout also makes it easy to use and navigate. I also was happy to be able to purchase my business email account through Bluehost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't experienced any dislikes while using Bluehost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for first time website owners because it's easy to use, customer support is helpful, step by step guide on what should be done next on your website and it can be integrated with Wordpress.com which is so compatible together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realized it's best to do the recommended steps first because it keeps you on track with the things your website need. I also like how I can purchase add-ons and have multiple sites all easily accessible through Bluehost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their hosting service is easy to use and links seamlessly with Wordpress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their accounts and customer service is dire. The accounts duplicate bill and debit and then customer service state that they have no records of the duplicate transactions. After this happening repeatedly for three months, I cancelled the duplicate charge through my bank and Bluehost suspended my web sites, saying I had initiated a chargeback without consulting them. I lost hours of my time trying to sort this out. Customer service will keep you on the Chat going round in circles without a resolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Coaching Faculty
What do you like best?

Site reliability over 7 years has been very consistent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Technical or proactive support is poor. I have asked a few basic questions and the response isn't about what I ask, rather the boundaries in which their support operates

Many clients around the world have complained about the site performance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was originally recommended to them as a solid global provider, yet I sense this was true 7 years ago, they haven't kept up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Member Representative
What do you like best?

The cost for Wordpress hosting is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Automated support is about all, except for level 2 and above. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was looking for cost effective hosting since the others that I have used were expensive. I have experienced a 60% decrease in cost year over year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that Bluehost integrates seamlessly with WordPress to provide a smooth user experience. I have had no issues with getting things completed that I need to with my website, as long as I'm willing to put in the time to learn how to do it. I manage my website myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not anything I can pinpoint that I dislike right now about Bluehost. It seems to be exactly what I was looking for, and I have yet to harness its full power. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider your long-term goals for your website and online business when choosing a hosting service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bluehost + Wordpress is what I use for my two freelancing websites, housing my blog and writing portfolio. It's helped me market my services more effectively, and serves that I'm a professional who's serious about my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Md.
What do you like best?

I like that Bluehost has a terribly low period of time and a few of the quicker hosting speeds I've full-fledged among major net hosting suppliers. Bluehost offers a large number of net merchandise that permit you to consolidate all of your net assets in one place. Their normal email accounts that associate with the fundamental hosting packages typically work ok. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There will be some speeds and property problems once it involves operating CMS platforms like WordPress and Joomla. although Bluehost's client support is nice overall, they will typically not be useful once it involves resolution-specific queries concerning our CMS setup. In those cases, they typically refer to the United States to third-party resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bluehost is nice for entrepreneurs, little startups, and anyone needing to start blogging or business on-line. it should not be the most effective resolution for big firms or enterprises, or developers United Nations agency area unit wanting a lot of flexibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We develop websites and custom digital selling methods for businesses of all shapes and sizes. we've used Bluehost within the past once a consumer was searching for a price priced hosting arrange. For the value, it's an honest hosting arrange, however, we've recently created a transition to a better battery-powered, dearer platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tech Executive
What do you like best?

Bluehost gives the best uptime in the market which is around 99.99 % throughout the year. Also, it has a great load speed which is 406 ms. The introductory pricing of bluehost is quite low and begins from only $2.75 per month. There are a lot of options regarding the security as well. You can also find a number of integrations, e-commerce features, and ready to start apps like Wordpress, Django etc. It is also one of the most recommended, official host of WordPress and many famous web apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about this software is that they have very high renewal rates. The site migrations that are offered are not for free as well. One of the issue that I feel is, it's control panel shows ads very often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that Bluehost is very simple to setup and use by beginners and has a lot of features which makes it easy to be learned by them as well. If you have to host a WordPress or any famous web app, then this bluehost will be the best of its kind as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has helped me a lot with the great load speed it offers. Also, they have excellent customer support and if you have been facing any kind of problems, they can be solved really easily as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Egnyte Connect Review
What do you like best?

I switched from another host owing to frequent outages & poor client service. Bluehost has been an excellent selection. it had been simple to transfer my web site with terribly obtainable client support. The dashboard is straightforward to know & navigate. the {value} may be a sensible value. they're a wonderful selection for WordPress hosting. I even have knowledgeable just about no outages since moving to Bluehost. Also, speed & server response times were a lot of improved. I'm glad I found them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

UptimeRobot indicated my website went down sixfold in a very few hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've had my weblog and store for years however recognize little concerning the technical aspect of a way to set it all up so on, however I used to be in ought to modification internet hosts(ugh that previous host still offers Pine Tree State anxiety) and a handful of friends counseled Bluehost. thus I signed up and was thus shocked concerning the convenience of use. virtually everything is completed for you mechanically and also the things that you just ought to modification have tutorials or support helped Pine Tree State move into no time in the least. I even have been with them for 2 months currently and could not be happier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

You can accomplish a lot if your company or business has a lot of needs. And I mean, a LOT of needs. There is literally an option for everything and I know they're always trying to improve on their service- inclusiveness. It's great. I appreciate being able to access my webmail easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can't do a single damn thing on here without clicking a hundred times through the options, everything is placed in a category and the organization is confusing. You could accidentally break your business site by opening the wrong thing. Drives me nuts.

Also, logging in without doing it through webmail is tedious. The URL to login isn't something you can memorize, which isn't cool. The settings for admin of the mailbox is few, and a lot of it can't be automated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do if you have the time to sit there and click on everything. Otherwise, I'd avoid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client and I use it to admin wordpress and other things to their business site. It gets the job done, and the domain pricing isn't too shabby, but it's definitely hard on the eyes and not something you can just "hop in" and do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ES
What do you like best?

I had almost two years of not having issues with Bluehost. Its kind of a bare bones service. Its cheap, thats for sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They forced an upgrade on my site without letting me know, which caused my website to go down. They never admitted to this, until after maybe 10 chats with their overseas customer support. I ended up having to spend $ to move to Dreamhost. All told, I probably spent 12 hours with their customer service. It was impossible to speak to managers or to escalate issues. If you want the feeling of being powerless with an issue, their shared service is for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pay for a service where you have better access to customer support. Their support wasn't an issue with me until we had to use them. Once we had to use them, that was when we were burned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed an affordable service while I was starting a company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO Blogger
What do you like best?

I chose Bluehost because their services integrate with Wordpress.org, and I was able to easily host my site with them. Their sign-up process is fairly quick and setup does not take previous knowledge in website hosting. If I did not know the answer to a question, I was able to quickly search the question and answer forums and find the answer. This made for a customer-friendly atmosphere that made me comfortable setting up my first website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I quite honestly do not have any dislikes about Bluehost. Website hosting is pretty straight-forward, and Bluehost has a great product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely go for it! I cannot recommend their services enough. The ease of use cannot be beaten. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Like I mentioned, I am able to host my site with Bluehost and integrate it with Wordpress.org. Their prices are competitive (and actually cheaper in my case) with other companies in the industry. I pay a one-time fee annually to keep my service running, and even that is affordable. So the overall benefits are simplicity and affordability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Content Producer
What do you like best?

Bluehost Wordpress Hosting keeps it simple when it comes to hosting and managing our Wordpress websites. We get far greater metrics that are connected to the performance of our Wordpress websites. We have an optimized hosting environment that not only loads pages more quickly than standard hosting accounts, but we can perform updates without having to jump through as many hoops. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Bluehost Wordpress Hosting isn't as flexible of a hosting environment as a standard hosting plan. Though it can be faster for Wordpress websites, it doesn't have compatibility with many other website structures and content management systems that we also use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Slow page loads can be a major deterrent for website visitors and sales conversions, so a simple migration to Bluehost Wordpress Hosting or similar WP hosting plan can greatly improve your Wordpress website performance and possibly related sales efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bluehost Wordpress Hosting has been a quick and easy way for us to achieve faster loading times without having to compress too many images or perform other core website adjustments. We can focus more on designing and developing for looks and functionality rather than optimizing code, photos and video to be as small as possible for faster page loads. The management of our WordPress account is more smooth through the control panel since it's design specifically for Wordpress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

The only plus to this company is it has the highest uptime available. That alone is not enough for really anyone except server-based companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Terrible communication - their domains team is "email only" but they don't know how to reply to emails, send updates, or solve simple issues in general.

Call companies - They use random customer service companies that don't know how to solve any issues and are basically there only to tell the customers something is happening, even though nothing is.

Faulty backend - Their backend is so full of bugs you would think a high schooler designed it for a project during his lunches.

Absolutely abysmal customer service - They are so overwhelmed because of so many issues that you will be 1 of 1000 people constantly in the queue looking for help. Good luck getting any specialized support on that except for a guy on the phone to tell you that there's too many people to help.

I waited 5 days for an update on the hosting transfer, then after 1244 redirects to different departments, they told me to initiate the transfer. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE ALREADY. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bluehost cannot solve a single problem that other companies aren't already solving. They have uptime over the competition but I don't even believe that anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PHP Web Developer
What do you like best?

You get fast, reliable hosting without the higher costs of services like SSL (secure hosting with https). SSL is included in the hosting at no additional cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is a very minor downside. Bluehost will occasionally ask you to use their Wordpress features. I just ignore them. You do NOT need to make a Wordpress site in order to use Bluehost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Bluehost a genuine try. Their hosting is fast, reliable, and easy to use. You will get SSL included with your hosting price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving, mainly, the high costs that I was experiencing with my previous hosting services, to get an SSL (https) certificate. There is no additional cost with Bluehost for SSL. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fitness Coach
What do you like best?

Bluehost has incredibly fast hosting. Once, I created a weight loss quiz and the page was loading in around 1.20 seconds on average. I love how Bluehost automatically integrates wordpress into websites becuase to there, all i have to do is login to Bluehost and press "log into wordpress" then, BAM i'm there! I have also used their support several times with fast responses on live chat and they always fix my issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Bluehost gave you more than 1 free business email. It is really annoying to have to play for dozens of business emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to host my website and integrate it with wordpress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor
What do you like best?

Implementation with WordPress, really easy to use.

The support is very good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Webmail is not so user friendly and doesn't have so much space.

In the past it use to have some problem, but now seem fixed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good if you're looking for a WordPress hosting

If you need mail with a lot of space and an easy webmail choose something else Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hosting wordpress site, domain webmail Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

I like how bluehost has great speed. I have had 2 websites on bluehost in the past, 3 on wpxhosting and 2 on godaddy. For it's price, bluehost had the best speed, functionality, and was the easiest to use. They also have great support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how bluehost makes you commit to an annual plan or a 3 year plan to get good rates. I do see how it makes sense for their business though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is affordable and can load a website fast. I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bluehost has allowed me to create websites for a marketing brand of mine in the past, and for an affiliate website called buildanamazinglife.org that I used to use with clickbank for affiliate marketing. I have found the biggest benefit to be how fast it is at a good price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.