Microsoft Office Reviews & Product Details

Microsoft Office Overview

What is Microsoft Office?

Office Productivity Suite Includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint

@Microsoft
9,213,589 Twitter followers
191,766 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.

Microsoft Office Reviews

Showing 3,096 Office reviews
Showing 3,096 reviews
Already have Microsoft Office?
Open Discussions in Microsoft Office
Skype with Brittany Acevedo
What do you like best?

It is the complete package, which one wants to do normal business related tasks, may it be preparing ppts, using excel for calculations, using docs for typing and storing important info, and what not. What's better is the one time payment required to avail the offers, provided you aren't a student/university kid as the best part is that it is free for students under student version, if your university is a recognised one. Moreover, we needn't use any third party resources, which seems quite convenient for any Microsoft user, as it feels home like experience if such applications are offline, which is the case with office, as at least network problems can't halt our work. Moreover, the different editing styles keeps updating, making things more interesting for any user Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, one can't dislike any feature who is a daily genuine user of such Microsoft products. But still, one thing to be noted is that, these apps being offline aren't collaborative in nature, which is the trend nowadays especially in large scale corporates, where a team is dedicated to each small task. So those guys prefer products by google which help in ease sharing and distribution and this is where Microsoft should work to regain it's lost customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In my usage, it consists of using Excel mostly for storing databases and ease calculation and Powerpoint is used quite frequently, to present it to my HR Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Merchandiser
What do you like best?

However. its a paid product by Microsoft but it offers a complete set of very useful applications which makes my office work easier like dream. i can make presentations, prepare documents and do excel work against a nominal price paid just one time. interestingly, it is also available in student version for free for students. It offers variety of templates in each of its application for easy start. It looks like a compulsory to have it on my system to meet my daily goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The frequent disturbing alerts to update are annoying. Nothing else i found to mention as dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you can afford to pay a little, i bat you will find it a best office suite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i am making presentations, preparing / drafting documents and do excel work for various daily professional needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Has become our go-to standard in the government for the island of Aruba because of file standard format exchange between government departments, but also between the third party and custom applications built throughout the government offices. Works well with the Windows OS (same vendor for both the OS and the application). Later versions provide a path for development (Office 365 and Azure) which were heading to with our digitalization efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hardware requirements for some of the features and its price compared to other solutions for most of the users. Non-Power-users still need a fair amount of hardware to run basic tasks. Governments tend to cut and reshuffle a lot of the funds for IT and Microsoft's licensing schema is not always as transparent, making unsavvy local vendors or Microsoft representatives charge you "more for the same". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check your options based on needs. Office offers a number of suites based on your needs. Do check up on the student, home and government options for requirements and licensing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our Software Engineers have built many solutions using Document Automation, VBA as well as Microsoft Visual Studio solutions interacting with Microsoft Office (standard letters with workflow registration, online submission of forms etc). They have been very comfortable with the standard approach as well as well-documented knowledge-base and forums provided by Microsoft. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Guest Services Coordinator
What do you like best?

This is by far the most versatile, complete and widely used software product. It can handle virtually any task that you can ever have, regarding your office and work. It gets updated with new tools and options with virtually every upgrade, bringing new possibilities and covering a wider range of tasks every time. Text, spreadsheets, e mail, remote control, video calls and conferencing, presentations, design... You name it, MS 365 has it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The installation file is a bit bulky and big, but that is expected having in mind all of the plug ins and tools that it brings. It does require a PC that can "push" some more strength, power and memory to use, because if you are using more than one program from within the suite, it will drain up your memory and some actions might take a bit longer than they usually would. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Except for the very specific job tasks that require some specific tools and software solutions, MS Office 365 suite helps sort out pretty much everything else. It is used for e-mails, text files, data entry files and spreadsheets, presentations, conference calls and chat within the company... It covers most of our office work, front of the house and back office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelancer
Internet
What do you like best?

It is very much easy to use this software. Someone can use most of the features of this software for free of cost. It is like a must-have software for anyone's PC or Laptop. Without this software, it will be very much hard to complete daily chores. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many cons to this software. Nowadays, this software requires updates more often. This is kind of disturbing which I dislike about this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is highly recommended to use Microsoft Office. I think I don't need to recommend this software because everyone knows the benefits and usefulness of this software. It is a required software for anyone's PC or Laptop. Without this software, it will be harder to use computers. The most beautiful thing is that most of the features of this software are free and It is very easy to use this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem which I face is that this software requires updates more often. It was not this type of problem before. But nowadays, this seems like a great issue for users who use a low configuration PC/Laptop. It creates some problems sometimes after updating. However, I think this problem can be minimized.

There are a lot of benefits of this software and it will take a huge amount of time to explain. In short, I can tell the following benefits which I feel while using this software:

It is very much easy to use this software.

It has a lot of products inside (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point etc.) which helps to solve different problems.

From student life to job life, even for household, people need to use this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have been using this product for almost 3 years now and I will say this product really fits my expectations. This is a package for almost all types of work, like making ppt presentations, typing out some reference paper in Word, which can give LaTeX like feeling, performing some cool calculations fast in Excel and storing data in tabular form, and also other cool editing stuff and MS Access ofcourse. With the student edition comes added security, which can enhance the performance at a cheaper price. Moreover, they keep on updating the interface as per the demand and so they are suggested for anyone who wants to do either personal or professional tasks. The new office also supports auto suggestions for typos and also integrates with grammar.ly quite well thus making it quite handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price at which one avails these offers can sometimes be disappointing for college going students who don't have their personalized email address that is integrated with Microsoft. Student edition is really a great offer but for those who are in college but without a buisness email are in a loss here. Moreover, the notifications after upgrading can be disappointing while doing some serious tasks. Moreover, one can give editing rights and collaborate but that process is a bit tiresome compared to google docs and other online platforms which makes me prefer those tools for typing out some things in a short duration of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Though my company has purchased premium for all the employees, I am still trying to get a cheaper version. I am solving many everyday meetings tasks' though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Services Coordinator
What do you like best?

What can I say, MS Office has become a must-have tool in anyone's life. They offer a free version and a paid version. Everything you need for writing letters, bookkeeping, and customer input list. Saving your files to the cloud can help when it comes to working from multiple computers or have several people who need to use the same file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Just like anything it's a bit expensive. That the search function for templates is difficult to find what you need. Excel charts in the Word suite does not always work. Sometimes files that need to be shared and worked on at the same time does not allow the other user to edit while someone else is in the document Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to use to keep track of money, unpaid, and paid. Customer information, and route information, and maintenance of our fleet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

I am really happy with this product. I recently purchased a laptop and I got MS Office for free being a college student. I have a lot of daily tasks to do using Word, Powerpoint Presentation, Excel and MS Office is there for me always. We are daily required to submit assignments in one or the other form and I got a premium account here for student version. It helps me submit my ppts in the most interactive and stylish manner, which otherwise would have been impossible. The latest update doesn't even hang even in small end PCs and so, I can work unstoppably in this new software. Moreover, it helps me maintaining huge sheets of my pending work and some datasets for data analytics which otherwise would have lead me to download each software individually whereas now, I have all-at-one-place software and that too for free which literally amazes me kind of a person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like anything as such, but a few new expectations come with the next update:

1) MS Excel and MS spreadsheets can be a bit faster as sometimes, my system hangs up using these products for a long time.

2) MS Word is great for me, still there are some more fonts recently available on google fonts but not here so it would be great if those things are soon incorporated in this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a daily user of this and i solve each and every problem of mine using this :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
What do you like best?

Microsoft Office offers a host of features and suites of applications like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. These are very very useful anywhere, be it in office, school, universities, basically anywhere you'd go you'll find yourself using these applications and MS Office. There are regular updates, and the user interface of the Office suite is very user friendly and simple to use. Also, there are a lot of templates available on which you can base your work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pretty expensive. But then again, all the Microsoft products are expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You may be already using it. If you're not, then you should try it out once. I know it is expensive, but it's worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm making excel sheets, presentations with the help of Office. I write my research papers on MS Word, take my notes over there. If I need a poster for my presentation, I take help of MS Publisher. A lot of templates are there which are pretty cool. Also, I make lots of crazy statistical graphs with MS Excel.

Benefits are that MS Office is pretty slick, cool and easy to work with. Even 5-6 year old children can work with Word or Excel these days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ceo
Facilities Officer
What do you like best?

Microsoft office has a full range of tools that is needed for every area of business and study. It is a complete and total package of necessary software to get everything done from spreadsheets to writing memos, letters,etc and management and tracking of projects. The formulas in excel among other features makes managing of numbers trouble free and creation of gantt charts is a very effective way to track projects large and small a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No problems here. Microsoft Office is a must have fleet of software I use every day, there is literally no getting around it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I rely heavily of Microsoft Office to track my departmental budgets, to create presentations for various meetings and committees and to provide scope of works for every single project that I have ever done. Over 90% of my work is done using Microsoft Office and I literally don't think it can be replaced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Logistics
Performing Arts
Product Support Technician
What do you like best?

What I like best about Microsoft Office is that it is an all-one software. It is my go to for doing my reports. It has Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Onenote, MS Outlook. It is everything you need! MS Office helps me a lot and makes everything easier for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot really mention anything that I dislike. For me, MS Office works as how it is designed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend MS Office to everyone. This software is not just for people who works but also for students who requires to do their projects, reports as well. MS Office is an all in one package. You do not need any other application to be installed to your PC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A lot! MS Office helps me with my projects, with my reports, make it easier for me to solve or compute using MS Excel. I can read my mails using MS Outlook. For me, MS Office is a software that is imperative or mandatory to be installed to any PC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Integration across all operating systems like Windows, Android, iOS, etc and great support of service desk

We can continue our work on any device with none hassle of transferring files from one system to another just by signing in to Office 365 and syncing the devices through this software.

Best and well secured official email service in the style of Outlook.

Tools like Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc. for everyday job work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Teams meeting hasn't got call-in or call-me options.

The other issue is many extra tools that the majority of people basically don't need or use are installed on machines forcefully, which makes it heavier software and space-eater at some level.

Some applications aren't 100% friendly with mobile phones.

The foremost is that the heavy cost of the software. I wish it must be reduced somehow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always go with the best and traditional software:-Go with Microsoft Office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most important thing that needs to be taken care of while using any software is Enterprise Security and Real-Time Collaboration which is both well built in the software. Because of the developers and the code, the software is very much secure to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Management
What do you like best?

Microsoft Office offers several tools for staff and students to use and manage to make their activities on their computers or mobile devices easier. Despite their many useful features, many professionals do not focus on getting the most out of these programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of Microsoft's latest ad campaigns have focused on praising its products and, incidentally, directly attacking the competition. It recently did it to promote its Edge browser against Google's Chrome, while now the criticism has been Apple's range of laptops. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Microsoft Office is only one platform where they serve several tools that makes you solve your office or personnel problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Microsoft's word is the smart typing assistant to help me type more confidently in over 80 languages. Also, I can get geographic and stock data in Excel. It's as simple as typing text in a cell and converting it to the Stocks data type or the Geography data type.Get automatic captions for narration as I speak with PowerPoint for Microsoft 365. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that all of the different parts work together and integrate well with each other. I think that MSFT Office is the original productivity tool and is still the best. You can share documents across platforms and with colleagues without any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike. The one thing I wish is that you could work on the same document at the same time as Google allows you to do. They need to beef up their sharing features but when it comes to core features for individual productivity it cannot be beaten. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't mess with the original go with Microsoft Office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to solve all my document creation needs by using MSFT Office, and the added benefit is that it integrated great with Workplace another program we use every day at work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.