Selenium WebDriver

Selenium is an umbrella project encapsulating a variety of tools and libraries enabling web browser automation. Selenium specifically provides infrastructure for the W3C WebDriver specification - a platform an

Work for Selenium WebDriver?

Learning about Selenium WebDriver?

Selenium WebDriver Reviews

Showing 13 Selenium WebDriver reviews
Selenium WebDriver review by Prem Anand R.
Prem Anand R.

"Great Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

Selenium Web Driver is a powerful tool to do web based automation. It has seamless integration with different test management tools like ALM, etc.. It can also be used along with Appium for mobile and tablet automation for different platforms like android and ios.

What do you dislike?

Unable to automate Non Web based Apps. This is the only downside. Otherwise, this is pretty powerful tool for a small scale to enterprise level automation

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely you should use Webdriver if you are testing web applications. Much robust and stable with multiple integrations to 3rd party tools.

Saves lot of Manual hours and efforts by running automation scripts on a daily basis for the smoke and regression tests.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Selenium WebDriver
Selenium WebDriver review by Paolo D.
Paolo D.

"Focus on testing, not on coding "

What do you like best?

I love its simplicity and the surrounding ecosystem of libraries, which simplifies the development tasks

What do you dislike?

Nothing, that's my preferred choice for writing acceptance tests

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it, drop Java and C#, you surely won't regret it. It will be very easy to move from these two languages to python.Using python, you can focus more on testing rather than being concerned about what type your functions should take and return

Speed wise, they are pretty much the same, the only difference is milliseconds

I have been using selenium with python bindings professionally on a daily basis for the past five years and I am amazed its simplicity of use. It is definitely my favourite programming language for web testing, letting you focus more on testing itself rather than on coding, which is straightforward, very similar to a pseudo language and easy to teach to people with little or no experience in programming

What Python Package solution do you use?

Selenium WebDriver review by Sergio F.
Sergio F.

"First unit-testing software I used for a web page"

What do you like best?

The possibilities. Even hovers. You can do virtually everything with Selenium on python. I even used to connect to +1.000 routers which had no API and had to do something to every router. It was a real pleasure to work with such strong software. Even the things that seem impossible to do, they are easily done in Selenium.

What do you dislike?

Maybe I would say the difficulty to find the right thing to do when scraping/testing a website. The possibilities are too wide that sometimes you find yourself more searching than writing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can also use the R package for selenium

The last time I used it was for the project we had. We had a massive hacking attack and we had to change the password for +1000 routers at their homes. So we used selenium, so instead of weeks, we finished the work in 1 or 2 days.

Selenium WebDriver review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Selenium is great!!"

What do you like best?

There are endless possibilities with Selenium. I ran across Selenium while I was working on an assignment that should have taken weeks but with Selenium I finished it in two days! Now I use Selenium for many other projects. It has saved a lot of time for many of our projects.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to access external web applications but it is not impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run into a problem, there most likely is an answer. Use the internet to look up your questions because it is quite useful.

We had to retrieve images from a website with about a hundred thousand images and instead of doing it manually, we ran the Selenium software and it saved our time by locally downloading these images to our computer!

Selenium WebDriver review by Ram P.
Ram P.

"Easy to automate Test cases in Python with selinium"

What do you like best?

We can create our reusable test script and saved our lots of time of human resources and execute multiple test scripts parallel with fast execution speed with reliable outputs.

What do you dislike?

When I tried to automate some functionality of my project I need to install external API but after installed it

It througn Error and not able to automate it but after remove those API from my project . It is working fine ,Its means some of API not supported by Python eclipse .

We did some of our testing with Python Selinium test script and saved our time by execute the multiple test script parallely and got accurate result so not need to spend and waste time to do it Manualy.

Selenium WebDriver review by User in Computer Software

"The pros and cons of python selenium"

What do you like best?

Substantially more productive because of dynamic typing

Python data structures are more flexible

It takes less time to run the script and complete the execution

Python already have a xUnit framework in the standard library

It is easy for coding and also easily readable>So there is less training cost.

Maintaining test scripts with Python is easy.

What do you dislike?

Inability to access elements external to the web application

Lack of native support to generate test/bug reports

Selenium does not support a native QT app

We have subsequently shifted to Selenium with Java

I run regression test suite for new releases and report the bugs found.This gives testers in our team including me time to focus on testing new features and try out edge test cases.We can focus on UI/UX and also perform exploratory testing.

When there is an urgent release planned we can run the sanity test suite to make sure the basic functionalities in our app are working fine.

Selenium WebDriver review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"I use this software at my work"

What do you like best?

I like this software because I only know python language and I can use that in this software. It is easy to install and use. The icons display is good. The guide to use the software is easy to understand. It going s very simple software very handy for use in automation

What do you dislike?

The guide included is very long . Some of the components are not used and are there which makes it little difficult for the person who is beginner to work with. It only works for python language if you want to use other language you cannot use this software.

The benefits I have realized is that it has some already written test cases which we use frequently in our work . These are long and by using this software you don’t have to write them.

Selenium WebDriver review by Veronica F.
Veronica F.

"Great automated testing option"

What do you like best?

This fulfills all of the testing needs of the company. The tools are great. The amount of browsers supported is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike but the product does require a lot of training to be able to use it properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have to invest in training hours, but it will definitely pay off in the long run for the company.

We can easily test code before releasing it to ensure no bugs are present.

Selenium WebDriver review by User

"It makes scraping data easy."

What do you like best?

It lets you automate the interaction with a web browser. The web browser can be google chrome, firefox etc. It provides multiple languages to automate the interaction such as python, C# etc. You can control your browser using Python script. Selenium python API is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

If data size to scrap is big the selenium is bit slow than other tools like scrapy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must try it out for their use case.

Scrapped news articles for building news tagging website.

Selenium WebDriver review by Consultant

"Great Tool 'Selenium' for automation testing "

What do you like best?

Webdriver element, good support for Chrome and Firefox, Parallel processing, plugin and Integration with open reports(graphical Dashboards), Web-UI testing Automation with Jenkin tool, easy to setup and configure

What do you dislike?

require good experience and knowledge in specific language to implement, no good support for IE and Edge browser,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best Tool for Testing Automation and hookup with Jenkin.

Provided Testing Automation framework using Selenium webdriver, Integrated with Jenkin pipeline post build execution

Selenium WebDriver review by Consultant

"Test case automation in Python with Selenium"

What do you like best?

Is very useful for the automation of test case in the most used web browsers. Is very simple automate test cases using Python Selenium.

What do you dislike?

I had have some problems automating web pages developed with Polymer.

I have automated many test cases using Python Selenium. You can run many test case at the same time, and you do not need people for do this manually.

Selenium WebDriver review by User in Computer Software

"Phython Building vs Java for selenium"

What do you like best?

It is a easy to script testing tool. With easy Maintaining for testing of software. It have various inbuilt utilities which a user can experience easily.

What do you dislike?

It is not used widely as Java binding selenium. As per Java it is less documented and usage.

If project uses DJango for the webdevelopment the developers assists with python based selenium.

Selenium WebDriver review by User

"Easy Selenium with Python "

What do you like best?

Short syntax of Python

Selenium has good community in python to as it makes easy for many novice people who can learn python very easily compare to other OOP language

What do you dislike?

Indentation of Python function and methods. For python Selenium doesn’t have rich documention like Java

Easily automate end to end application testing

Learning about Selenium WebDriver?

* We monitor all Selenium WebDriver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.