4.3 out of 5
(8,586)
Do you work for Skype?

Skype Reviews & Product Details

What is Skype?

Make internet calls for free with Skype. Call friends and family on any phone with Pay As You Go and Pay Monthly subscriptions, sign up today at Skype.com.

Skype Screenshots

Skype Profile Details

Skype Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

Skype Reviews

1-50 of 8585 total Skype reviews

Skype Reviews

1-50 of 8585 total Skype reviews
Skype review by Jonathan M.
Designer Web

"Very useful software for companies and freelancers"

What do you like best?

With sKype we can have a very good conversation with our clients and co-workers, no matter where they are, the fact of being able to share a screen is an excellent tool, since it is easier to solve problems if you are helping a client with his computer. In the work environment we use a lot of instant messaging and also sending and receiving files without having to go to different floors or from our house.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have problems with the program when I make a video call, it becomes very slow and I have to close the process by canceling the call, and it bothers me when I'm on a work call and that happens

Recommendations to others considering the product

is a software that is very easy to use and with which you can communicate quickly with your work colleagues, friends or clients, having a good flow in the video calls and if you are freelancer the mobile application will be very useful to communicate with your clients in any moment

the meeting with clients to schedule delivery dates, type of activities, work hours, etc. Also meeting with new employees who need guidance and everything is done by video calls either because the client is in another state / country or the employee is working remotely

Skype review by JD S.
Missional Director
Religious Institutions
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Seems it's becoming obsolete"

What do you like best?

Skype has become almost obsolete to my needs, since the advent of Google chat and Zoom calls. My use of Skype is now limited to the ppl I connect with who ONLY utilize Skype. Google Chat and Zoom are becoming the chosen platforms and if I am to remain relevant in my leadership and coaching of people outside the state I live in, I have been challenged to master other communication formats.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Skype is that it is now being set aside by the friends and coworkers who currently live outside of the U.S., so I have been utilizing it far far less. Skype has been a good tool in the past and has rarely let me down in establishing and maintaining connections/communications. It will remain a tool I use, when the people I coach use it as their source of connections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally have not problems with Skype and have seen it meet the needs I have had over the past 15+ years but as I have mentioned before, most of the ppl and leaders I currently serve and connect with, have been transitioning to other sources of communication and has caused me to move over to them also.

I simply use it far less, as a result of the people I serve, lead or connect with, who live outside the U.S., who no longer have it. Most of my connections who are 40+ in age, are the only ppl still holding onto Skype.

Skype review by Alfonso José A.
Profesor Particular de Violoncello
(Myself Only)

"not the best experience"

What do you like best?

The best thig of Skype is that you can contact with anyone at any time. Is the first service for video-calling and everyone has a account for that. The PC version and the Android app are really easy to use and everyone, even has no idea of technology can use this service. Although you can easily call to a cell phone with the Skype credit.

What do you dislike?

The quality of video calling is not always the best. There are another options, like Hanghouts or Whatsapp, are more fast and reliable. The quality of sound is sometimes really bad, specially in the Windows version and sometimes you can´t speak. Apart from that, with the PC version of Skype, the service to send documents is really slow and that is a little bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone has a Skype account, because is the more famous service for video conference, and that´s is pretty good. There are many services but not all the people have accounts for this services. Although you can use also with a Internet Browser, so you don´t need to install a new application in your device.

The very first problem you can solve with Skype is that you don´t need to travel to have a meeting with some people. For example, when you are in Europa and you don´t have many time to travel, you can instantly speak with another person in USA, with only one click. That´s really important to save money and time.

Skype review by Diana Isabel F.
Especialista en Ventas y Marketing

"Fast connection, conferences and quality meetings with Skype! "

What do you like best?

I like Skype since we can use it for free, it has an easy-to-use user interface. It allows us to connect online with clients, hold meetings or conferences with employees who are in another city. Skype is quite useful and the configuration process is very fast. We have achieved remarkable benefits, in terms of processes and greater market scope.

What do you dislike?

Skype has an excellent interface, so far we have not found anything that we do not like, it has worked perfectly in each and every one of the videos conferences and calls made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is an excellent choice for meetings and conferences when participants can not meet in person. Skype allows users to connect several people at a time, which is very useful. Because Skype is free and easy to install, it is an excellent option for people or companies wishing to hold professional meetings up to personnel of the work team who are in another city. However, Skype will not work as well when you do not have a good internet service provider.

It is a tool that has allowed us to go further than we had imagined. We have used Skype for communication with members of other external organizations, clients, staff that is in another location, also for new applicants in our organization, apply interviews, consultations, collaborations, negotiations, saving time and money for transfers. It is very Easy to use and understand. For being such a valuable tool we use it throughout the organization. For the marketing and improvement of sales has been quite valuable, we have been able to reach more corners of the world, people trust in our products and services, this is really gratifying. I like Skype a lot.

Skype review by aggie w.
Finance and operation assistant

"video conferencing with skype is very reliable and of high quality."

What do you like best?

its easy to install and configure skype.

There is a free trial which work well.

The video and voice calls are of high quality making communication successful.

Sharing of files is simple from screenshot to documents.

chat with skype is easy and faster.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to complain with skype since it efficient but it requires internet to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i would recommend skype since it makes communication in the office efficient through chats and sharing all kinds of files.

The video calls helps to communicate with users all over the world.

screen sharing is very helpful during trainings.

Reliable with video and voice calls with friends and family and clients from all over the world.

Screen sharing was incredible during training since some users were able to participate while out of the office.

It efficient with files sharing and chatting which is instant and gets faster response compared to emails.

Skype review by Jaden M.
Accountant

"Best video conferencing app"

What do you like best?

Skype is free to download and easy to install and also easy to use as it does not require me to have any level of education or experience.

It has video conferencing feature which makes it easy for me to communicate with my client regardless of the distance between us or the time.

Skype is inexpensive to use as it provides free Skype to Skype video and audio calls.

I like that Skype provides high quality video and audio calls making communication easy and fast.

What do you dislike?

Skype is so far my number one video conferencing app and I have less to dislike about it just that it requires very strong internet connection to use thus making it difficult to communicate with my clients who are in remote areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is the best platform for video conferencing for small scale and large scale business and I highly recommend it to you.

Video conferencing has been made easy and efficient as I can communicate with my clients all any part of the world.

Skype has also helped me conduct interviews with new clients through video and audio calls.

Skype review by George N.
Chief Technology Officer

"Should you use Skype?"

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about Skype is its user-friendliness. The app's interface is simple and clear enough for everyone to understand. Basically, Skype is accessible through PCs, tablets, and smartphones. Which mean you can converse and hold a meeting with anyone while you're on the move.

Also, Skype's translator bot is an amazing feature to mention. I work a lot with clients from different parts of the world. And sometimes there's always a language barrier. However, the translator fixes that issue by acting as a two-way translator. That way we can both converse in languages that we are more comfortable with. Amazing, right?

In a nutshell, Skype is great because it is:

* Easy to use.

* Feature-packed.

* Lightweight.

* Usable on multiple platforms.

* Internationally accessible.

What do you dislike?

* They have unnecessarily high fees for their paid version of the service.

* Skype's free version is very simple and limited which means you may not be able to enjoy some of its best-selling features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have long-distant clients/family/friends, Skype is one of the easiest ways to connect with them. And, on the plus side, you don't have to pay a dime to use Skype. However, to fully unlock the app's features and functionalities, you should opt for the paid version.

The key benefit of using Skype is that it connects you to people far from you. I use the app to communicate with my clients and business associates with ease. Also, thanks to their translation bot, communicating with foreign clients becomes even easier.

Skype review by Sahirí Ch. V.
Consultora Jurídica
(Myself Only)

"How I have improved communication with my clients through the use of Skype"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Skype is that it can be installed easily on your computer or on mobile devices, regardless of which operating system you use because this application is compatible with Windows, Android, Mac and others, and provides direct communication by calls or video calls with excellent audio and video quality for free to any part of the world.

What do you dislike?

In general I have felt very satisfied using this application, there are very few aspects that I do not like, one of them is that to enjoy most of the services it is necessary to pay. For example, to make a group video call you must pay for it. Another aspect that I do not like is that sometimes problems occur related to the quality of the microphone and the resolution of the webcam, but this may be motivated by the speed of the internet connection that is being used when making video calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend with total confidence to other users the use of this application, it is a software that allows to realize diverse types of direct communication, like voice, video and text in real time no matter how much distance there is between the users. This is a great advantage if you have long distance customers, because it saves you time and you can attend them quickly as many times as necessary. It is also highly secure, and you can have higher benefits with paid accounts for a very affordable price.

I have been able to solve problems with my clients being out of town through video calls, I have been able to attend them at the moment without having to be in the same place, as well as inform them of the processes that are taking place, saving me time in meetings that I could Dedicate to give them better answers and quick solutions to their inconveniences.

Skype review by Noor R.
Noor Rana
(Myself Only)

"Skype is not productive and wastes a lot of time due to connection. "

What do you like best?

That everyone knows what Skype is, so it is easier to explain to people and most of them already have it downloaded. Most people do not know about other programs but everyone knows about Skype even internationally and they have the program downloaded so it is easier for everyone.

What do you dislike?

Skype freezes up a lot and causes disturbances in the video which I hate, often times I have to end my call and call again. Not good quality and takes away from the meeting experience. The students do not get good quality and my business suffers because of the quality of Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start early than your scheduled time to save time. Use the best internet connection so skype performs better. Be somewhere quiet.

I have my own business and I use Skype to help contact my students. It makes it harder to speak because the words get messed up and Skype constantly freezes. It makes me look unprofessional and it wastes time.

Skype review by Jhon B.
Marketing Staff

"It allows for faster and simpler communication"

What do you like best?

I like it because the plans are much more accessible for international calls than conventional telephone lines. and the quality of the video call is unique.

What do you dislike?

Getting the software to do what we want it to takes some work (feeding in a video from computer and direct audio from soundboard instead of the microphone), but in the end, is worth it since other software can't replicate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It allows me to communicate with my employees efficiently without having to take unnecessary time to write an email.

When you need to set up a video conference, it is always a safe bet that everyone has Skype and is familiar with the software. This is what makes using competing products challenging. Skype also offers many customization features that let it work for us. We can screen share our screen for a live edit session if necessary, and feed in our mixer into the computer's microphone port for direct audio. Frame rate and video quality wise, the best way to review live video.

Skype review by Hannah C.
Chief Human Resources Officer

"The most modern communication tool."

What do you like best?

About Skype, I like that it is a completely free platform, it allows me to make calls and video calls with my friends or colleagues from anywhere in the world.

In addition, this excellent tool allows me to share the screen during the video calls I make, this option is very useful because it allows me to store conference videos that I share with my colleagues.

Also, I love that I can share multimedia files in the chat, I can send photos and videos to my friends from any device.

Another thing that I love about this platform is that it allows me to make unlimited calls to landline and mobile numbers for only $ 13.99, it seems very economical and totally useful.

What do you dislike?

About Skype, what I really do not like is that it is necessary to access a Wi-Fi network or a fast internet connection before making a call or video call, since otherwise we have a good internet signal, during the calls they have faults. connection, and in video calls the images do not usually look good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only recommendation for new users who are interested in this excellent platform, is to consider checking if your computer has a microphone and a configured headset. Since many times we start to make some video call and we do not have this configured, it can cause problems.

This platform during the last years of use, has solved many communication problems both internal and external in my company. It has allowed me to communicate with anyone in any part of the world just by being connected to the internet. I can also communicate during my business trips with my co-workers.

Skype review by John W.
(5001-10,000 employees)

"App for free use and payment"

What do you like best?

Besides its simple way of configuring, it allows me to make video calls with which I can share screen with up to 10 users and for audio only I can enter more and thus communicate with all at once without the need to make several calls to communicate the information

The subtitles are also a great help to better understand the conversations without having to ask or repeat again what the other person said

What do you dislike?

It seems to me an app of comucacion very similar to the others that exist what makes its configuration is basic and I do not see anything bad because it helps me to be in constant communication with others if I have internet because if I do not have it it will not work

I like it because you choose if you want to pay a plan to make calls to landlines or just use it for free to communicate with other great benefits, such as video calls, share screens, record calls and encrypt the messages that I want to be private

Skype review by Coy F.
Public Relations Specialist

"Amazing !!"

What do you like best?

There are many things I like about Skype, what I like is that you can use the service for free, even if it serves to make video calls to only one person at a time, there is also the option to opt for affordable plans that suit the needs of customers, and this does not mean that their service is poor, on the contrary maintains the quality of service, their video are very high resolution, the sound is totally quality, there is no defect in the service. Its interface, both for mobile devices and on the website is very easy to use, it is also fast and not too heavy, you can find everything from the main menu. I love that you can share the screen and to tell the truth this is one of the best features of the application. Speaking of app, your mobile app is excellent and I can make video calls from the comfort of wherever I am, I don't need to get home.

What do you dislike?

Skype is too cool for you not to like something, it's a perfect, low-cost application, and it's got top-quality software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll get an amazing experience during audio and video calls, nice interface and performance.

When I started using Skype I did it only to communicate with my boyfriend because we had a relationship at a distance, so I opted for the free version, then I got the obligation to hire talents that were not where I lived so I started a working relationship at a distance, there if I hired the pay service and I was excellent, my business has been growing slowly and Skype is more useful every day, I love it, I would not switch to Skype for anything in the world.

Skype review by Igor O.
Developer

"A complete and very mature software"

What do you like best?

Always practical and easy to use, a complete tool for any business environment. With all of its meeting functions, whether in written form, audio conferencing, or even video conferencing, skype always caters to the demand, greatly facilitating communication within the company, even when officials are far from each other. Skype is powerful software, serves the simplest users and also serves the users with the highest level of technical knowledge, being a software for anyone. Another huge advantage is being able to use it from anywhere, just like on the cell phone.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes audio or call problems can occur due to technical issues, and at certain times it can be a bit tricky to use in conjunction with other tools, such as Outlook, for example. But this does not obfuscate the quality of this software, always complete and meeting most of the demands.

In simple words communication. It solves the communication problem here in the company. It facilitates meetings even when employees are away from each other. Facilitates conversation via chat. Because even using the cell phone, we can make the communication we want.

Skype review by EYLENTH P.
Analista de Ambiente

"Best experience for video conferencing"

What do you like best?

Skype is probably the best conferencing software I have used, both for personal and corporative use. It’s graphic interface is extremely comfortable, so the process of finding a contact is really streamlined and beginning a conference, whether it is with just one person or a group is an easy task. This tool has allowed our company to grow exponentially since it permits us to do business abroad without the need to travel. The calling process, whether it is via audio calls or video is always smooth, and the fact that you can record conversations is great when defending our products.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing bad to say about skype, the experience with skype has been excellent; I have used it as my personal video conferencing tool to communicate with people from around the world and have never had any type of issues, you only need a good and stable internet connection and you won’t have problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only thing I would recommend to anybody who would like to try skype is to go for it. This is the best software for video conferencing and chatting available. You might want to invest in a good internet connection for you to have the best experience possible, but I can’t find any good reason not to try this incredible software. I recommend it with my eyes closed.

Skype has brought large benefits to our company, we use it for video conferencing with our clients when we would like to present a product and don’t have the means necessary or time to travel to our clients offices. We also use skype to keep in touch with clients who are in other countries or even to negotiate the terms for our contracts abroad before we travel to sign them, thus saving lots of time and money.

Skype review by Parul V.
Student

"Best Video Conferencing Application"

What do you like best?

Skype is One of the Best Video Chatting Software of all Time.

1.) It provides the best video quality.

2.) With the stable Internet, It provides stable and Hd Quality.

3.) The best Feature of Skype is that It supports Conferencing where one can chat with multiple people at the same time.

4.) MNC uses Skype to recruit their employees online.

5.) It made the recruitment of Software Developers Very easy because of the integration of the online code editor.

6.) There are many chatbots available within the application

What do you dislike?

Skype is perfection in its type and there are no negative things about it. Although all the services that Skypes are not free and comes at a nominal price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good video conferencing medium and provides smooth conversation over distant networks.

I have given various online interviews using Skype and got recruited by TCS. Although I am working with different Organizations right now.

Skype review by Marcos P.
Analista de Redes Nível 3

" Great communication tool!"

What do you like best?

Skype is a very popular and very useful tool. It has versions for desktop and smartphone and integrates perfectly with the most diverse operating systems. Its video conference functions are very attractive both in home use and for business matters. This software was a major breakthrough for me because it changed the way I communicate with people who are distant.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, I have nothing to complain about this software, because it caters me perfectly. It's free and quite useful in my daily life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is simple, very popular software with a lot of modern tools and functions. It perfectly meets the basic requirements of remote communication. Its versatility whether on the desktop or on the smartphone is incredible.

Skype gives us the feeling of being closer to people. It is a tool that optimizes your professional and personal life. Currently, some job interviews are done by Skype, including my first contact with my current job was through Skype.

Skype review by Jhonny L.
Analista de Servicio Tecnico

"The best free software that works for calls and chats"

What do you like best?

Skype is simply the best tool to make calls, chat, organize meetings, conferences and stay connected with your colleagues or friends.

It offers many customization features, most of which are free and you do not need a subscription to use them, you only need your email account, since the software allows you to create a user with any email account.

What do you dislike?

In particular, I do not dislike anything about Skype, because it is very easy to use and its interface shows everything within the reach of a click.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, it is progressing very well.

It is friendly, it is very easy to use, you just have to register, create your account and start enjoying this tool.

From my personal experience, I can only recommend Skype to all those who need to get in touch with friends, whether they are near or far, since this tool was designed to get us a little closer.

With this tool we did not have to solve problems, on the contrary, with it we were able to solve communication problems since you can organize meetings, chat with your friends and colleagues.

In the company I work for previously, they use Skype for companies, which is very similar, only for business, not commercial use.

Skype review by Carla A.
Designer
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Stay updated with Skype."

What do you like best?

I like the fact of being able to access a Microsft application with my Gmail account, this in other apps is usually a problem, another thing that I like about Skype is how efficient it is, it makes the most of the bandwidth I have to offer me a excellent call, another thing that I like about Skype is that it is committed to the maximum configuration of users, being able to be quite attractive as a social network and means to communicate with people inside and outside the country, it is economical and it keeps updating its platform, it is very Great and definitely my favorite to make video calls.

What do you dislike?

It is impossible that I can taste, is super social and is key to the communication between family and friends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Communication is a fundamental factor to achieve success as a store, Skype helps us to train, through courses with staff from other branches and is completely free, I recommend it with your eyes closed and I can say that it is currently the best in its style.

It is important for our store to keep us alert of all the updates that occur in the company and the new directions that are given from the main branch, thanks to Skype we can do this easy, we only create a private room and we can make an exchange of ideas or proposals with our headquarters in Spain, Skype brings us all closer and improves our teamwork.

Skype review by Natacha M.
Jefa del Departamento de Informatica

"Herramienta innovadora que permite minimizar gastos en la empresa"

What do you like best?

- No requiere de mucho ancho de banda para mantener una conexión estable.

- Permite intercambiar archivos en tiempo real.

-Se pueden realizar varias llamadas a la vez permitiendo compartir la pantalla de cada usuario en el programa.

-El entorno de manejo es muy fácil ya que tiene iconos definidos que son atractivos visualmente.

-Da la facilidad de guardar o compartir cualquier tipo de archivo desde onedrive desechando así el tener que cargarlos en dispositivos extraibles

-Se adapta a todos los sistemas operativos.

What do you dislike?

- Para disfrutar del buzón de voz y realizar llamadas a teléfono fijos hay que pagar por el servicio.

-Demanda mucha utilización de memoria Ram lo que hace que la computadora presente lentitud en los procesos.

- En ocasiones se presentan retardo en el sonido con respecto al sonido

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excelente producto para la comunicación a distancia, con el se pueden intercambia información en tiempo real debido a los recursos que ofrece la plataforma

- Se ha permitido establecer comunicación con 15 regiones distintas al mismo tiempo semanalmente lo que ayuda a mantener una constante actualización sobre los temas que se manejan la organización.

-Gracias al programa se puede enviar documentos de interés que pueden ser revisados mientras se mantiene la videoconferencia los cuales son discutidos por todos.

-Utilizando esta herramienta la organización se ahorra una alta suma de dinero ya que no gasta en movilización y translado de los directivos, permite el ahorro de tiempo el cual puede ser empleado en otras tareas asignadas en la organización

Skype review by Geena C.
Senior Manager

"Skype for Business Video Conferencing"

What do you like best?

Skype definitely has some really attractive benefits. Skype provides high quality voice calling, video calling as well as chatting option. If you are looking for reliable, high quality voice calling, Skype is the best platform.

It is the most reliable VoIP services you can use. When you use Skype for your business, one of the first benefit is that it helps to limit the amount a company will spend on their phone bills.

Million of individuals and businesses use Skype to make free video and voice call. It also helps in sending instant messages and share files with other people using Skype.

You can use Skype on your mobile, computer and tablets.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I come up with the con of Skype is that if lost your network connection. or with a poor internet connection you will face some difficulties in streaming your video call. Also for international calls you need to pay.

I am using Skype for both personal and official purposes. It helps me to always connected with my colleagues and boss.

Skype review by Maya H.
Convergys
(10,001+ employees)

"Comfortable interface and usability."

What do you like best?

I love that thanks to the application I'm close to my friends and family, so we are separated many miles away. I also like that it has really economic plans that adapt to the needs of each user. Its interface is very easy to operate, so my mother finds it very easy to use and that fascinates me, because it is my means of communication with her. I also like that although it is an economical service, it also provides an excellent quality service.

What do you dislike?

I must admit that Skype is the best platform for video calls that I have used, there is no doubt about that and considering that it is very economical is even better, it is difficult that something I do not like about it, however, you have to be careful with the Internet connection because when it is very slow, the video call falls, or in its absence begins to work badly, the audio is suddenly not heard and the video is frozen, so you as a user end up cutting the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the prices and see the amazing plans they are offering.

I didn't start using Skype on my own, if I must admit that I had heard a lot about the application, but I felt I didn't need it, until one day I got to work and it was a requirement that all the employees had the application installed on our mobile, suddenly when we started communicating with our boss by that means I realized that the service offered by Skype was the best, so I began to tell my friends how great it was, I also installed them to my mother on her mobile and well since then I communicate very often with my loved ones by that means, plus when I'm away is very useful to me because I feel my mother super close even though hundreds of miles separate us.

Skype review by Melvin H.
Principal CEO

"Excellent to be in contact with customers"

What do you like best?

Skype is an excellent tool to keep in touch with both clients and other members of the team. Two of the things that I like most about Skype is that, in the first place it allows you to record the video called, this has great value since in many occasions although we take notes about the revalent points, then, when we review them, there are ideas that we can not remember clearly. The fact of being able to see the recording again allows us to review the points of interest as many times as we require, besides that in this way we concentrate on the video call with the client without worrying about having to take a detailed note of everything. Second, another function that is super valuable is the screen sharing which allows us to show in real time files or work avences to our clients in which we can make corrections at the moment.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any relevant complaints about Skypy. Maybe the only problem I've experienced is that when I send a voice message, the message disappears in my chat room, but the person I'm sending the message to does get it, however it's just a minor problem that doesn't happen very often

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it extensively is an easy to install and easy to use software, it will allow you to be in contact both at work level and at a personal level.

Skype has allowed me to be in contact with several customers in a more personal way and on many occasions, when we have had to make corrections on a project, we have carried them out at the time, along with other team members who join the video call.

Skype review by Claudio F.
Consulente gestione IT

"The most complete free software for calls and chats"

What do you like best?

I think Skype is the best software to make calls, chat, organize meetings or conferences. It provides many customization features most of which are free and you do not need a subscription to use them.

It has a simple to use interface, pleasant, always up to date. What more could you want from a free software?

What do you dislike?

There's not much to complain about. Sometimes intercontinental calls are not very clear, they are heard at times, and the signal often falls. by default it starts automatically with the switching on of the PC and to remove this setting it is necessary to fiddle enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From my personal experience I can only recommend Skype to all those who need to get in touch with colleagues, friends, whether they are near or far does not matter. Skype will allow you to reach them in the blink of an eye. It is a fast, easy to use and minimally invasive fast software.

With Skype I can finally organize meetings, job interviews despite the distance, and/or simply chat in a few simple clicks. It requires little internet bandwidth and is compatible with virtually all existing devices. Not to mention the possibility of using it on the smartphone as a mobile app, what a comfort!

Skype review by Noah W.
Compiler Engineer
(5001-10,000 employees)

"It helps me to connect anywhere"

What do you like best?

Availability of communication in any place where I am, this is a very well designed app that reduces time for your good model makes it easier to communicate with other members who have this app installed

I can install it on many devices, having its performance in the same way with many functions that I like because they are easy and fun to interact

I can use it for free or by paying a plan that is economical to make calls to fixed numbers from Skype

I have the option to edit the messages I send without having to erase the entire message sent to not write it again

What do you dislike?

For the configuration of the profile photo does not give the option to drag from the corners and thus adjust the image of the part to be displayed, only the load and adjust it automatically causing several times that the image is not well centered and not Look good

I can use it for free as long as I want without a limit time in free status and then pay to use something that I find useful because when I want to pay for fixed call services and if I do not want to use it for free

Skype review by Luis O.
Human Resources Manager
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"I have had a great experience with Skype"

What do you like best?

Skype is a good tool to communicate with people easy and fast in the same company. It is very useful to teams of workers. Additionally, it helps to give application support to the users. Finally, it allows u to integrate with other people through Skype meetings.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the chats would lag when talking to individuals. Also, the call quality was not the greatest if the connection was not excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is perfect for a company like ours as we are spread out all over the state. It allows us to still have face to face meetings with the ease of being in our own homes.

I love that you can just send a quick message to a coworker and they can either respond right away or if they are away it sends an email that they can respond to at a later time. I also like that it tells you who is available and who isn't. I have had a great experience with Skype. I prefer Skype over other similar software. It’s easy to use I love the ease of communicating with people over the same organization. Emojis are also a fun feature.

Skype review by Md. Helal U.
UI/UX Designer
Internet
(Myself Only)

"Perfect communication web and app"

What do you like best?

Skype is the best communication service through web and app. Sometimes I use from the web and sometimes use this via this application. I am also like its nice looking android app. I feel comfortable to use this application. All the features are very good and easy to use. I can chat, group chat, video chat and audio call for free to other Skype users. And also can communicate to the cell phone or landline at cheap rate locally and internationally.

Thank you, Skype.

What do you dislike?

I almost like its all features. But only facing a problem that Android app sometimes takes time to open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like this product very much. So I tell that you can use this application for communication problem-solving.

I can contact any time to my colleague and other people. Can discussion with my staff through video conferencing. This is very helpful to us. Can share the message, link, photo, chart easily.

Skype review by Russell Philip M.
Commercial Director
Construction

"Skype - Opinion"

What do you like best?

Skype allows us to contact a person from every corner of the world. It's a very widespread voice communicator that allows you to make calls at a meeting. It can choose the time of conversation, we can also send unlimited messages. It is compatible with both the computer and the phone. It is available on Android and IOS device. An additional advantage is the ability to create presentations, attach notes or share the screen. We can also use the Skypeln function, which allows you to set a virtual phone number, very much appreciated, to which every regular telephone will be able to call on Skype.

What do you dislike?

One of the drawbacks is the fact that the quality of conversations depends very much on our internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype can be a perfect network option. We can quickly contact people who are absent from our company. If you're looking for a great solution to make calls, Skype can be a perfect solution.

If you are looking for a platform that will allow you to make contact with trading partners from around the world or with your family, you should consider trying to use Skype right now, especially since it is available for free.

Skype review by Mohsen A.
Full Stack Developer

"Best video call experience"

What do you like best?

- Among all the applications I use for video calls, Skype provides the best experience in terms of delivering live video streams. It is fully adaptive based on connection speed it rarely happens to lose a connection and Skype tries its best to deliver video with the best possible quality.

- Skype is a cross-platform application and is almost available on every device.

- Skype has understood its target and has never tried to add thousands of extra features available on other applications. They have focused on providing the best calling quality and that's all about what Skype is.

- The screen sharing feature is highly appreciated.

What do you dislike?

- The UI (user interface) doesn't much interest me.

- Text messages are late delivered.

- Doesn't have the option to sign out from other devices. The only way to accomplish is to change the password.

- Doesn't let you change your username for old accounts. This means that they don't work to make things better.

Skype is my only best choice for video calls especially the ones we're expected to talk about something on our screens.

Skype review by Claudio J. T.
Marketing Manager

"An easy way to communicate with my co-workers"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I like is that it allows free phone calls over the internet helping lower our own landline phone bill. My favorite aspect is the ability to see the availability status of any employee in the organization.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how many buttons you have to click to get an EE's information or an organization chart. It's fallen a bit behind the times and you can't pass other than text through it; no files, pictures, voice, or music.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to add people to calls and to transfer calls. I love that at the touch of a button I can be connected to anybody. we have an unlimited calling plan and it's easy to reach other employees through text or phone.

I've come to rely on it as my first line of communication when I need to contact a co-worker. I like the way it integrates with Outlook and how they keep track of whether people are online or off work. It's great to just toss a short thought to a co-worker.

Skype review by Lorena S.
Human Resources Manager
Wholesale

"It's the best way I have to communicate"

What do you like best?

Skype is a great joint effort stage. That is where business gets benefits when it gives the consumptions a chance to lessen and gives its administrations. Skype is one of the astounding and valuable results of Microsoft.

What do you dislike?

It requires internet all times, it does not work offline thus that's a bit challenging, also too many updates requests, it always has something new to update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best way to communicate with our department in the US is via a Skype call, excellent quality, and sound. Also open access to share all files i.e images, videos, audio files, and documents. It's fast and easy to use in terms of communication.

Holding online conference meetings. Sharing important information between employees. Can share screens easily with other parties to see whatsoever your discussing Offering support to other employees easily online. Business meetings with stakeholders give very clear video calls, this helps well in conference online meetings, company meetings and one on one conversation with colleagues.

Skype review by Eduardo H.
Sr.

"The versatile Skype"

What do you like best?

Quality of calls, fast connection, best performance in low speeds, I like the screen sharing option, user friendly and easy to install by mostly of the users, even if you don't have your device with you it's easy to be in touch using Skype web in your browser. Another thing I like about Skype is the group feature, multiple people can speak with each other on a single call without any other equipment or attachment. That make you saving money.

What do you dislike?

Find people should be complicated sometimes, I'm a little concerned about the security of the data, No translation services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a nice product, I recommend Skype because it's easy to use, user friendly interface and the best performance, reliable service and

I helped some former coworkers to solved some technical issues in theirs computers and I used to help my boss with typical problems using Skype when I was out of the country.

Skype review by Kaushik M.
Sr. AWS / DevOps Engineer

"Only SKYPE for Business!!"

What do you like best?

I have been using Skype for business from a quite long time. I like the way the interface is. Its self explanatory capabilities makes it easy for freshers to get into work immediately The search bar is very useful to search for the employees in the organisation. group chat initiation is a good advantage. We recently hookedup a webex meeting utility tool which enables to start and share meeting content with just one click on Skype. I have seen skype from past 10years, so I clearly know how it evolved during time adding many features and many more to come on its way.

What do you dislike?

Its not about disliking, but people in my organization expects to have a group chat within the team with one click. It will be possible only if it allows to create us groups in Skype. I couldnt find a way to create groups in Skype. The attachments we transfer will not be available like in emails forever. They just show up there on Skype but we will not be able to download them after some days or so. If they can make them available, maybe it can replace other products swiftly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using it and make your life easier.

Reaching out team members and other employees in the organization made easy. Its a one stop communicator. We are able to share content on the go with out using any ftps or so by just using attachment option on the skype.

Skype review by Nagabhushan S.
Design Engineer
Civil Engineering

"Skype "

What do you like best?

The ease of communicating with people across. The ability to send files is helpful, as well. Very easy to use. Also works as an IP Phone, so you can't only talk to other Skype users, but also buy credits and call every phone number in the world. Skype has always been my foremost choice whenever it comes to get linked or commute with the colleagues or friends. Easy to download, install and use. It gives us a nice platform for keeping meetings with a number of people at the same time. Its video calling is the one of the powerful feature and that is most important for everyone.

What do you dislike?

File sharing is not much reliable in this tool. Either it gets disappear from the chat box or either it is unable to handle large volume files..

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using Skype to communicate with colleagues. The video chat is smoother and of good quality.

Chat rooms help organize me into teams. Supervisors have authorization to create team-only chat rooms and easily manage these.

Skype review by Madan M.
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Skype : a best tool for business use"

What do you like best?

Its very best in terms of usage and reliability. Very easy to use and take advantages of all available functionality. Very reliable to use for chat or video conferencing and even screen share and taking access of other machine is very easy. great experience with audio calling and group chats, even meetings are incomplete without skype and great tool where we can have call and meanwhile have our screen share to continue the presentation with corresponds to our our presentation.

What do you dislike?

Its almost a perfect tool for business communication tool. But when it comes to usage of personal skype, it would be better to have simple application instead of bulk application size even in mobile app. Overall a good application but need to work on its interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool for business / personal usage application for daily communication. Its recommended for making communication easy.

Its a basic tool for any sort of communication for any business requirement, and adding to it provides a quick time access to any contact or any person. Screen share is another great solution that is implemented for better communication.