Skype Reviews & Product Details

Skype Overview

What is Skype?

Make internet calls for free with Skype. Call friends and family on any phone with Pay As You Go and Pay Monthly subscriptions, sign up today at Skype.com.

Skype Details
Discussions
Skype Community

Transform the way you work and build your business with one collaborative tool.

Skype
2003
Redmond, WA
@Skype
5,042,597 Twitter followers
1,060 employees on LinkedIn®

Skype Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Skype community
Have you used Skype before?

Skype Reviews

Project Engineer
Test Engineer
Senior Software Developer - NodeJS/Express, Angular, MVC Framework
Compliance Specialist
What do you like best?

Skype has been one of the best tool that company needs for chatting and connecting with co-workers. Skype helps myself to arrange group meetings, log conversations and share screen with numerous users remotely. More easy to access the platform from multiple devices. have funny emoticons to make you feel as you write and operate. In working time ,Skype is quite useful to me because when I wanted to talk with my family or staff and also had the right to communicate on my mobile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the capturing is not working properly also skype require more network connection speed when trying to host multiple sessions. The Customer service calls which skype hasn't yet built seems very challenging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For voice / video communication, I highly suggest this platform. Skype is really a good way to get out there and it certainly can be seen as a good communication tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We managed to get skype to function as the primary communication outlets through our department and for local and global conferences. more over Skype helped us to create stable connection line. This enable to communicate with teammates as we work remotely corvid periods Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Analyst
What do you like best?

I like being able to easily find my friends and start group calls. For the normal user, if you want to make a phone call or take a phone call with skype, you're gonna need to pay for minutes. They're relatively inexpensive especially if you use Microsoft Rewards as it lets you redeem points for minutes if need be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've had issues with the skype connection recently but 99.5% of the time the service is perfectly usable. You can't really set individual permissions, just give admin and stuff so if you're gonna do a meeting and everyone is gonna keep unmuting their mics, you're better off with zoom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Skype lets you make / take phone calls on your desktop or other device. Although some calls may require skype credit for your minutes. If you want a service to host meetings, choose Zoom or if you're a gamer, choose discord, however Skype is better for sending your friends large files without waiting for Google Drive. Fun Fact: Discord only has a 10mb file limit while Skype has a much higher limit for sending large files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Whenever I can't use discord or can't send a big file through discord, I do it through skype since there isn't a tight file limit. Being able to make and take phone calls is a cool future that I've personally used twice as I'm a bit lazy but it works just as great as you think you do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Trainee
What do you like best?

Skype is preferably the best office chatting app. Its unique business look and features has been the one which I have always loved to used. Although there are many other applications similar as skype it gives an secure and confidential feel to make conversation in skype.

And what else to be believed if it is from Microsoft Corporation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Skype being so official and formal in attire it could have been even more better designed for the casual buddies to use on with. Some of the features are less accessible for new users.

I also dislike its feature that its is ok to be updated some times it makes us to consume more data from our network provider especially in WFH situations it was tough to give support with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Believe them use Skype its Good be the formal or casual talks it is perfect to use to get in touch with uninterrupted service capability. I strongly recommend skype for any organization which is about to spend money on their conversational purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have recently used skype for our business conversation being an Microsoft product end users we connect say like our clients feel secure and confidential to connect with us. We have shared hours of meeting and contents at time so ever. We recently used it as an alternative source to connect with our office buddies on office hours since mobile where kept off inside our offices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Analyst
What do you like best?

I like that it's user-friendly with an aesthetically pleasing interface. It has benefited my organization because I can use it on the phone, I can use it on a laptop, wherever I want. The communication channel is very easy now and I can call and chat. It's experienced. Together, my team manages everything. It's very easy. There are many valuable aspects of the solution. For collaboration purposes, there are many integration capabilities. Making calls and having meetings is easy. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash. We don't face any challenges with the solution in that sense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Despite being a great app for video chats, I wish Skype had more features as a professional collaboration tool. It would be ideal if the solution could make instant messages more permanent. Currently, if you close the conversation, you lose the instant messages that you shared during the meeting. If those could last beyond the meeting, that would be a great addition, due to the fact that frequently, people give each other key details, important information, or email addresses, etc. With work from home situations increasing, and a company would benefit from using this solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The business problem being solved by quick video discussions with colleagues for collaboration on projects and quick clarifications. Skype has improved the flexibility of meetings for our organization. For example, I can use it from my phone or laptop. I can use it wherever I am. It's increased our communication channels.It has everything in one place from sharing to team management. It makes everything easy. With work from home situations increasing, and a company would benefit from using this solution. The collaboration capabilities are great and allow for real-time interactions within teams. It's perfect for remote work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tech Lead
What do you like best?

Skype is very easy to get started. The sign up process is pretty standard. Once you sign up everything else you need is just easy to find. The process to set up conference calls is also quite easy to achieve. Unlike, other alternatives available, Skype has an option to make direct calls and sms which is quite cheaper, and can be come handy when you need to make international calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On macOS Big Sur, I have recently discovered that there text box widget for chatting is quite buggy, it sticks frequently and I am not able to type in anything when that happens.

There is very limited integration options, third party tools or extensions that are readily available to use with Skype. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mainly use Skype for collaboration with team members at work, we are able to do so without any difficulties. We able to set up meetings, share screens to troubleshoot issues as easy as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder & Director
What do you like best?

Simple to utilize and great joint effort with everybody in the association. The organization is perceived worldwide and it guarantees to a lesser degree an issue when speaking with individuals due to its simplicity of openness. In troublesome occasions with this pandemic, it is a platform for the combination of people. Another extraordinary preferred position is that it has adaptations for Mac, PC and cell phones, permitting every one of these gadgets to impart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to loathe. it's snappy and simple to utilize.. It can likewise be difficult to track down people groups usernames now and again. Likewise, you need to have quick and solid web association else you will effortlessly get detached and I frequently experience it on my versatile, simply a slight development could as of now influence the nature of the sound, the amount more the video. Simply pestering at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The suggestions I need to others considering skype is to give it a shot you won't at any point be frustrated. Also Skype is free and works under Microsoft, a pioneer in the product world. It's by a long shot the most easy to use application today and I suggest it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Far off apparatuses with clients. Simple to convey and utilized for gatherings. The advantages that Skype offers are that I needn't bother with a space to hold all the people participating in the meeting, and it permits me to work from the solace of my home, office or when I'm away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Marketing
What do you like best?

Skype is simple to connect with clients and the video quality is always top-notch, and using the service is free, so it makes it easy for our company to utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Locating a contact can sometimes be difficult due to Microsoft assigning random Skype names to users, so making sure the client you're connecting with understands how to find you is extra important. It's not as easy as Zoom when you send a link for the meeting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Determine whether your potential clients/customers will need the ease of clicking a link to join a meeting or not. If not, Skype is the smart way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Conducting client calls and meetings - recording of meetings. This is the easiest and most cost affective way to conduct meetings with clients. I love that I can easily connect with our development team overseas without having to worry about costly long distance charges or calling fees. Skype makes it easy to connect without there being extra expense for either of our ends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing consultant
What do you like best?

Skype is one of easiest and reliable software for all over the world. and used by the millions not billions of the everyday people for communicative use for over fifteen years. voice calls and video calls are very good and vocational updates enhance the user experience and makes the app and connectivity good day by day. also the great feature of Skype is you can sent chat message to anybody in your contacts even if they are offline so can communicate with anyone in your own pace even if you not have real time conversation. video call is not the only option to communicate with any body, you can either make a voice call to anybody or you can send a text message. Skype is backed-up by Microsoft so you get great experience and customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i have been using Skype for over seven years and not found anything that i can dislike about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits i got with Skype was easier to communicate with anybody, and i used Skype to attend meetings and Skype makes it easier for me. specially during this corona breakdown it helped me attend a lot of my important meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Night Audit Supervisor
What do you like best?

Skype is easy to use. You need just to create an account and load a little payment you can start to communicate over phone or also over chat. So you can communicate with very low costs. You can use skype with your Laptop or with your phone you neen only an wifi connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

you need to pay for using the phone. Maybe they should offer a similar system like whatsapp., where it is free to phone if you have a wifi connection. But the communication wih skype is safe and you can connect to people even if they have no account with skype. This is a big advantage, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Skype solve the problem to communicate with everybody. You can communicate all over the world you need only a telefon number and you can start to communicate with your counterpart. If your partner have also a skype account you can communicate for free if you have a wifi connection. This is the great advantage of skype Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

S
What do you like best?

As I have mentioned in the title Skype has helped to communicate with my colleagues and others in the organisation through chat or through calls. It also helps me to get clarify my doubts from client through sharing screen and with best audio clarity. And helps to find out if the team is working or if they have left by showing their presence and also when we are in meetings it help to finish the meeting without any disturbance from others by showing that a person is busy with meeting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What do I dislike in Skype is that I can say that it takes time to login and sometimes can't find the I'd of a person whom I search apart from this I would suggest to use Skype for better connection Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can say with the help of Skype I am able to share my screen with my colleagues or clients within no time and get clarification for my doubts and work easily. While I had used few other apps for business purposes but comparing with Skype it did not satisfy me has Skype did Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

B
What do you like best?

Its easy to use for one. Your able to create groups and easily add or take out users. The status is helpful to know if they are availble or not. I also have the ability to call forward from my desk phone to my cell phone. so not being in the office i dont miss my calls from customers. Skype even has a mobile app and i can use all the same functions from my phone as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would say the quality of the call is not always great. I have a tendancy to drop calls when using the mobile app. I cant say for sure its the app or cell service but it happens more when i use skype than teams.

trying to use the dial feature is kinda confusing as if you type the number and hit enter it doesnt always dial out you have to click the phone icon next to the number you entered Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great starter platform. Has mobile functions which is nice so its always with you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to solve that i dont need to be in the office and can function from the home office just as easily and become more productive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Skype allows calling to phone numbers. You can get a Skype number that'll be linked to your account that you can use to call or send SMS. Whether it is a landline or a mobile phone, you can make calls for cheap prices. You can use Skype for messaging and calling your contacts who also use Skype for free. It's easy to use and has all the features that you would want for video conferencing whether it's for personal use or for work use with the ability to schedule meetings, automatically accept incoming calls, screen share, and group conferences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Skype uses a lot of memory and it can sometimes freeze if you have other applications running in the background. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Skype is a very good software for messaging and calling, and I recommend it very much due to its lack of complexity and user friendliness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Skype for family and friends, and work. It allows long distance calling for free provided that the other user has Skype. I often use it in place of my cell provider as Skype supports Android and iOS. Skype has been a longstanding communications platform to me through which I'm able to communicate with anyone at will whether it be text messages or calling. I had some issues with Skype calls in the past to the point where I considered not using it, but over time through several updates they've resolved a lot of bugs and random crashes that ruined user experience. This shows how competent the support is at listening to its user base and feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.