Adobe Illustrator Reviews & Product Details

What is Adobe Illustrator?

Vector graphics software used by designers of all types who want to create digital graphics, illustrations, and typography for all kinds of media: print, web, interactive, video, and mobile

Adobe Illustrator Profile Details

Adobe Illustrator Profile Details

Adobe
Description
Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.
1982

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
(10,001+ employees)
Most Recent Adobe Illustrator Video Review
WEB DESIGNER

"A review of the most efficient and amazing vector graphics editor- Adobe illustrator "

What do you like best?

-Adobe illustrator is the best graphics editor which gives the user full control over the designs.

-continuous updates which keeps the software relevant to the designer.

- the interface is amazing and attractive.

-it can integrate with other tools like photoshop seamlessly

-it has filters and effects which are great, excellent and very high quality.

- the design software accepts various image formats and this makes it a easier to work with.

What do you dislike?

-Adobe illustrator is relatively expensive. To get the full version of this product, you will require to pay some dollars to the company.

-it needs the user to take some time learning about it so that one can be effective in its use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

-I would like to recommend this software to anybody there looking for graphic design tool which is easy to use, has an amazing and attractive interface and a software with all features needed to develop outstanding and complex designs.

- Also, for those who would like a software to develop logos, cartons, illustrations,topography etc would do it best while using this software.

-anybody in the marketing industry, advertising, web developers and hobbyists should grab this product which has amazing features.

- Creating logos, fonts and illustrations.

- editing images in the way they are displayed and this made our website look attractive and amazing.

-making leaflets and branding the organization

-the benefits of using this software are numerous: one is able to achieve a design which is the best quality, it has excellent filters and effects, has an attractive interface, it is able to read images of all formats and is easy to integrate with other programs like photoshop.

Senior Visual Designer

"A Great professional Graphic Design Tool. Efficient, Robust, and Reliable."

What do you like best?

Well, I like Adobe Illustrator because in graphic design it is one of the main tools together with Adobe Photoshop. Its integration with all the Adobe family it's a game-changer, including with Adobe XD. This tool allows you to create vector graphics in a simple and easy way but as a professional. To make the most of Illustrator and all of the Adobe Creative Suite of products, run them on a Mac rather than a PC. It is easy to use and manage; has good support for beginners and professionals; as well as a user guide with quick answers and step-by-step instructions. Adobe Illustrator works well with vector graphics allowing me to come up with beautifully crafted designs, topography, sketches, and illustrations.

What do you dislike?

When you use it on PC it tends to crash from time to time. Also, it could stand to load a bit faster. Almost every other Adobe tool I use loads significantly faster. Not sure if I've got a wonky setting or what, but it's pretty annoying. Usually, I just leave the program open to avoid having to relaunch it. Also, I have to have snap to grid, snap to pixel options turned on. It can be a bit frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Is the best Vector focused design tool out there

Allows me to create logos, corporate identity, packaging design, labeling, flyers, posters, illustrations, but also graphics interfaces and icons for projects related to the web or devices furnishings. Every day I get benefits thanks to the support of Illustrator.

Graphic designer

" Adobe Illustrator the preferred one to vectorize my illustrations"

What do you like best?

1. One of the main advantages offered by the Illustrator program is that it facilitates the vectorization of freehand images or with tools such as polygons and geometric figures which allow us to create and produce logos for use in graphic design, advertising, marketing , community manager, among others.

2. It is a practical program since it has selection tools, freeform elaboration, pen that allows us to make silhouettes of figures, we can move objects on the work table, we can scale the elaborated images without losing quality in them.

3. They occupy little space in the memory of the computer, it is compatible with mac and pc.

4. Let us convert to formats, jpg, png, tiff, psd, swf.

What do you dislike?

There are very few disadvantages Illustrator has one of them could be that it is very expensive to acquire and you have to pay a high monthly fee for the use of the program.

Despite being an easy-to-use tool you must have knowledge of it to know how to make the most of its use.

This program is not designed to retouch images and if we want to make a change in an image that is not a vector, we must take the file to photoshop that is useful for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend it when it comes to design work since the images look impeccable because it is a vectorization software, you can make illustrations, logos, cartoons, among others.

I am using Illustrator for the elaboration of logos, posters, flyers, triptychs, among others, in my design and photography works. Since this facilitates the elaboration of the vectorized images and these do not lose quality when it comes to changing the size, the elaborated images are not large and do not take up much space on the computer's disk. It is compatible with Windows and Mac so it provides better functionality in the handling of the tool. It is practical and easy to use, has support and technical advice on the web.

Designer

"The best illustrator."

What do you like best?

Illustrator is my option for graphic design, and it is improving all the time. Illustrator allows me to create designs and have total control over them. I am able to implement every idea I can have in any design I can think of. It's easy to use. The interface is great and intuitive. New patches usually solve old problems or make it more efficient to use the tools. It really does everything I need to work. Creating vectors from scratch or updating files from clients is easy. It also works with other programs like photoshop and indesign without problems. The ability to learn more tools and methods is easy to learn through experimentation and online videos. Adobe Illustrator offers endless possibilities to create illustrations, imitate analog art techniques and synthesize digital and analog assets. With an expert hand, it allows the user to create simple logos, linear art, typography or even large-scale illustrations and poster designs with endless combinations of tools and effects. All this allows that my ideas are not limited by the tools available to me.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Illustrator is great, certainly one of the best drawing programs out there, however, for beginners, Illustrator has many complex functions that are not easy to learn, even with the knowledge of other Adobe programs. The software is also heavy during operation, requires a very strong PC to use properly without slowing down its operations or hanging up the PC while it is running. Illustrator is only good for drawing, image editing is not recommended in the software, it lacks some basic functions to edit images and working with layers in this software can be very frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to start in the world of digital illustration, Illustrator is your best option, but it is also a difficult tool to learn to use. Due to its high professional level, it is usually not mastered at first. Even so, I highly recommend it, it's worth it. I love the amount of control I have with Illustrator. It is a software that at first seems complicated but once you understand how it is used it is a wonder the ease with which you can work and design.

Adobe ilustrator has allowed me to present productions with clean and high quality lines and shapes. In addition, with this software I have been able to present and detail easily the work done, because thanks to it it is easier to understand the creative process and draw when new ideas arrive. My presentations are much better with Illutrator, customers have loved everything that I have presented since this tool is ideal to vectorize and design logos, drawings and icons necessary to manage the image of a client. Now I use Sketch to design UI, but it is very difficult to design icons there. So I design icons in Illustrator and I copy those icons to draw. This is the best tool and it is an industry standard. It will help us in general to do anything that has to do with the design.

Graphic Designer

"Adobe Illustrator - My Favorite Program!"

What do you like best?

I love Illustrator! I use it for everything. I work as a graphic designer, but also do work as a hand lettering artist and illustrator. I love the vector capabilities and being able to create scalable artwork. The pathfinder tool has a learning curve, but once you master it, it saves you a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

I think the live trace could be better. I rarely have success using live trace (even the advanced dialogue box) to achieve the look I want. I have found it's easier to plot my own points with the pen tool, especially with my lettering work. There is also a glitch currently with artboards that adds an extra row of pixels to your final export if you don't have the artboard located on a whole number. If this could be fixed, that would improve my workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I haven't tried many other vector art programs, but this one is top-notch, so I don't know if others compare!

My workflow is a lot faster with illustrator and the ability to duplicate artboards, change something on the design, and compare it side-by-side. InDesign does this as well, but Illustrator to me makes the process a lot more efficient. I love the ability to name and export artboards. My company does a lot of digital advertising and I have an entire template set up for all of our different ad sizes, which makes it really easy to batch make the ads and export them.

Architec

"recreate a new experience."

What do you like best?

Many times we are very tied to a software without wanting to explore others that are even better than those we already use, and I love Illustrator, which is an excellent editor of images and photos and also allows you to make magnificent presentations. has a wide and varied toolbar that allows you to give you the best results and these are very professional. Illustrator is a relatively new software in comparison with others and it is precisely renewing and innovating the way you edit your images. Its filters and effects are excellent and of high quality. I love the resolution that can come to my images. without a doubt another excellent launch of Autodesk.

What do you dislike?

If you are learning to master this lavish tool, it may cost a bit, it can be a little complicated to use at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this wonderful software with your eyes closed since it will allow you to make the best editions of photographs and images in the cleanest and most professional way possible, without a doubt that the tools you have are the strongest and most efficient.

In endless occasions it has allowed me to make the best editions of images and these are excellent, extremely professional and all are delighted with the results, bosses, employees and customers are amazed with the images and always ask me what program I use to make those editions and I always recommend Adobe Illustrator.

Web Developer

"This software is bundled with tons of features."

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator provides a beautiful interface, makes using it easy and manageable.

It is compatible with almost every computer system. Despite the fact that it does not work well on mobile devices, it does a wonderful job with computer systems, works with windows and Apple.

It provides tutorials, this material is readily available for those who want to learn. Adobe Illustrator has so many features and tools and tutorials help us learn how to use them in our designs.

What do you dislike?

It has so many features to learn them all. If you were to learn how to use the features and tools. You will take a long time learning them and might not remember to use them.

It is not as easy to use as it seems. One has to have learnt how to use it. Otherwise, it will be hard to accomplish or complete a task.

Adobe Illustrator is expensive.

It requires a lot of space especially while using low-resolution display.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe Illustrator is the best Vector graphics editor in the market, I have no doubt saying that it is second to no other out there.

As a Web Developer, I frequently use it to design logos and header. Designing Website Backgrounds, emojis on the website. A college website has so many graphics and most of this I design them using Adobe Illustrator

Architec
(10,001+ employees)

"The cutting edge in editing and creation."

What do you like best?

Illustrator is an excellent software that offers the best editing and image creation features that exists, and it is the latest and most used and its popularity has increased due to everything it offers. I like that it is compatible with different platforms such as Windows and Mac, so I can use it from multiple computers. It supports multiple image formats like jpg, pgn, psd, tiif entr others. I like your drawing tools and the creation of polygons and free forms. One of the best attributes offered by this powerful tool is that its images do not lose quality or resolution when scaled.

What do you dislike?

Like many other Adobe programs, its license to be used for a longer time can be a bit expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to have the help of a great ally when editing and creating images, your best ally will be Illustrator since it will give you the best results and those you are looking for, with the best tools and magnificent commands that help you along of that process, I highly recommend it.

The formality, and the way in which images are presented and displayed can be the difference between completing a business successfully or not, illustrator has allowed us to create and edit the best images to make our sales and advertising in the company. company as well as the edition of the images of our projects that with the help of this great software is excellent, without a doubt it is a software that drives our projects.

Freelance Graphic Designer
(Myself Only)

"Illustrator is the ideal program to create vector designs"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is the program par excellence of all graphic designers working with vector image design. It has a selection of tools perfectly designed for vector design.Although there is a great rivalry between users who use Corel Draw and Illustrator, for me the winner is evident since Adobe Illustrator has evolved to adapt to the needs of users and the market.

Panels such as the Pathfinder and the appearance panel are responsible for making magic when accompanying simple shapes to make more complex designs, and give them a great look in a few steps. As well as the text tool, which adapts to the outline of shapes or strokes, creating professional-looking images quickly.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of many things that I do not like about Illustrator. I think the program has been improved in so many aspects Over the years it has reached a point where it is almost perfect, or at least it seems to me. I am very satisfied with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

How graphic designer master the design of vector images is essential, And if you are still considering between Illustrator and other programs, I can assure you that Illustrator is the ideal choice as it will put you on the road to make great designs and get more clients.

He used Illustrator to create logos, character designs, unique fonts for my projects, and to create funds for my web pages. For these purposes I can not think of a better tool than Adobe Illustrator. So I'm willing to continue paying for the license.

Designer Graphic

" Excellent platform for quality design"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to integrate into it, it has a very clean and intuitive platform that helps people adapt quickly. It is a complete software where you can develop everything you can imagine, very apart from that it is fascinating that you can configure the work table in a way that is friendly.

What do you dislike?

i dont like is that you need a very good computer to be able to work and be able to use 100% of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent platform for people who wish to develop an excellent design in such a short time, the platform to help you develop the process of development, editing or elimination. If you are new to the design area, it will be easy for you to integrate, and for the editor to help you, because it is very practical and intuitive.

To this day I have very good experience. In the majority of times we make vectorized images, brand, leaflets and all the marketing that is used for the formation of a company and can wonders in a very short time.

Software Engineer

"Adobe Illustrator Give Reality to your Thoughts"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator one important thing which I like most is the vector graphics, vector graphics are those which helps to build graphics from lines to image with multiple lines of drawing make an amazing image.

Adobe Illustrator is an Adobe Product so its easy to learn , if you already know Adobe Photoshop its beneficial for you.

Adobe Illustrator gives ability to use your art work for different purposes like you can design your social media post , design your website graphics, design your mobile app wire-frame and many more.

Adobe Illustrator allow to store/save files in different format like png jpeg sps ai and lot of other extensions.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike it will become more complex when multiple vectors merge inside each other to over come this Adobe Illustrator should give a solutions like layer divide or something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe Illustrator is a very important adobe tool given the Adobe team. I recommended to every Graphics designer who want's to achieve a good experience of getting or learning lot of new things, its best for her/him because you can learn lot of thing with Adobe Illustrator. And because it similar to other Adobe product you can easily learn it like Adobe Photoshop.

Adobe Illustrator we use it to make website graphics, or to make mobile apps wire-frame, and we use it for different purposes,

Its important tool to be generate unique content to make user feel happy.

Social Media Manager

"various advantages at the time of designing"

What do you like best?

One of the features I like most about the Adobe Illustrator program is the Shape Generator tool. Shape generator is a section of Adobe Illustrator software that makes it possible for graphic designers to create shapes with clear detail. With this particular tool, the forms can be combined together and edited according to the needs of the project. For example, the overlapping areas can be removed so that the shapes are easier to see.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that could be improved is a function that allows you to align the cursor with an object. Although Illustrator offers a tool called Complement to the point, the reality is that it is not as accurate as it would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When I recommend Ai I always say that the learning curve is quite smooth, the visual aesthetics is very nice, I also recommend that you inform about the compatibility and at the time of implementation know that they have a technical service ready to help

image design problems for the Web are solved, Adobe Illustrator has several tools that can make your work easier. The program allows you to integrate HTML5 content in your images. With the growing popularity of mobile Web navigation devices, Adobe Illustrator also pays special attention to graphics optimization. this allows us to make designs for our clients in a quick and easy way.

Owner
(Myself Only)

"The Only Vector Design Solution a Designer Needs"

What do you like best?

Illustrator has always been my go to design program. Certainly, you must put in the time to learn the program in order to use it efficiently and effectively. Once learned, Illustrator is powerful, quick, and packed with plugins and functions that allow completion of any project in any format. To make the most of Illustrator and all of the Adobe Creative Suite of products, run them on a Mac rather than a PC. The difference is night and day.

What do you dislike?

Though it’s not an issue on the right machine, Illustrator and most Adobe apps need ample available memory to run smoothly. In addition, a quality graphics card and scratch disk are extremely beneficial. Not to the extent they are with Photoshop, but you'll see drastic increases in speed and productivity. Set up correctly on a sufficient computer, there are really no cons to Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you take the time to learn Illustrator and learn it well. Simply learning the basics and then learning as you go does nothing more than waste time. Learn it well and it will do wonders for your design work. For most designers it's certainly not necessary to learn every single function of Illustrator. Some functions you'll simply never need.

With each new release of Illustrator it only improves. Along with the suite of Adobe Design products, and Adobe Cloud services, I don’t really have issues that can’t be solved using this program.

Graphic Designer and Photographer
(Myself Only)

"My go to design program"

What do you like best?

I love this program, I use it for just about anything I am doing. The thing I love most is the ability to draw within the program. The pen tool is very easy to use and very easy to learn. You can customize it to fit what you need (color, width, etc ). You can use the pen tool to create closed objects and color it in. You can also cut into that object and recolor one of the cut sections.

What do you dislike?

The only flaw is the program does not quite work correctly with my drawing tablet (ISKN- Slate 2). The compatibility isn't what I need it to be. So I have had to reside to just using my mouse to draw/ work. Illustrator also flaws with my laptop which has a touchscreen. The touchscreen version isn't well put together or easily usable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to draw, create logos, make illustrations, brand, etc. This is the program you should be using. I recommend it for any kind of designer.

I cannot draw on a computer no matter what I do. Illustrator allows me to do it the old fashioned way with drawing on paper, scanning it to my computer and placing my image on the art board. From then I can trace my image, color, warp or basically do anything to it. A benefit is i can image trace my drawing and make it a vector image.

(Myself Only)

"Vector design available to everyone"

What do you like best?

When I started design, I spent a lot of time almost exclusively on Photoshop and the design of the vectors seemed too technical and boring, so for a long time I did not want to know what it was and I specialized in design of raster images.

When I finally had to force myself to learn how to design in vectors, thanks to my clients, I felt very intimidated by having to learn from scratch to use Illustrator, but to my surprise, it was a very powerful and easy to learn to use program, so I really enjoyed each of the steps I was taking until it became my favorite design software.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I do not like is that although it looks too much like Photoshop, some tools that have almost the same appearance, do not really do the same, for example, the eraser or pen or scissors do not do the same. same functions as in Photoshop so you can not export your knowledge from one platform to the other.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation for new users is to allow them to learn in detail each of the tools that Illustrator has. In addition, if you subscribe to the monthly plans of Adobe, you can always download the most updated version of the program, which is much more profitable than paying for the full license for a single version that will become outdated in just one year.

In my work I use a lot of Illustrator to create very attractive web designs making use of a few tools such as the creation of simple shapes. Illustrator has a very powerful artificial intelligence that allows me to create rounded edges very easily, create patterns, very well smoothed lines thanks to the possibility of adjusting the lines you draw with a drawing tablet and also has many filters that undoubtedly allow you to Save many valuable hours in your workflow.

Web designer

""Illustrator, it's very easy to use""

What do you like best?

what I like most about Adobe Illustrator, is that it is a tool for image personalizations and options

Most formal designers will want vector files that you can create.

More advanced options than photoshop or indesign.

What do you dislike?

I find it frustrating to have to switch to Photoshop to cut a specific part of a photo. Why can not they just include that as a feature in Illustrator?

It is difficult to tell at times which layer is selected or in which layer you just pasted. You can solve it by looking at the layers tab, but when you first go to move something or paste something, it's a bit confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Illustrator is an industry standard when it comes to graphics and vector designs. This software is suitable for everything from social media graphics, logos, t-shirts, brands and much more. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.

I use Illustrator to design vector files and logos in general. We use these files for signage, indoor and outdoor, and to ensure that files do not lose resolution. It makes it much easier to order marketing and signage materials when we can send ready-to-print files to streamline processing and shipping. It also saves us design costs from the suppliers as well.

Graphic Design

"Adobe Illustrator is the most impressive vector graphics program."

What do you like best?

This program is very competent because it allows me to create different versions of the same graphic with different backgrounds, modification and reuse of logos; I find it great that it works with both Mac and Windows; It also makes it very easy to work with vectors, that is, I can download many free vectors and then ungroup them, as well as select the specific pieces in which you want to create your own design based on vectors. Illustrator is also a great tool for marketing material since I can use created templates and adjust it to the needs.

What do you dislike?

Is not really easy to use at first glance, it takes dedication to become an expert. Besides, importing or exporting files is not so simple and does not come with enough predetermined fonts. Having more sources would really improve the experience instead of having to download free fonts on my own and install them for more exclusive designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All designers with some design skills should learn Illustrator, since there is no other application that can do what it does with vectors so agile. Also if you are also doing designs of digital graphics or logos, it is definitely one of the best.

Is one of the best solutions to create vector images and images for the web, since this way it helps us in Big Drop Inc. It also provides us with benefits in the creation of infographics, icons, original illustrations and digital graphics.

Architect

"A must for graphic designers."

What do you like best?

Once I got over the learning curve, it was fairly easy to use and achieve exactly what I was looking for. Illustrator allows me to create designs and have total control over them. I am able to implement every idea I can have in any design I can think of. The structure of this tool allows me to understand it and use it immediately. This software has many tools to illustrate from scratch without the need for digitized sketches. What attracts me the most is the way in which Adobe Illustrator can draw, correct that drawing and finish it with a work of more quality and cleanliness that exceeds what we imagined the first time. In addition, the perspective grid is excellent for creating 3D art because it is easy to use and allows you to work first on one side and then on the other with more precision. This software allows you to create realistic drawings of comic style, images, vectors and any other type of illustrations.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I've noticed about Illustrator is that if you have many fonts installed, it will take you a long time to load the program. In addition, the program tends to be delayed when sources are used. It is common to have a number of complicated fonts in your system, and the illustrator will inform you by reducing the amount of fonts you do not like. One major drawback is that because Adobe software is developed by different teams, it can sometimes be frustrating that one tool that works so well in one program is incredibly underdeveloped in another. The masking tools, the way you handle the layers and the functionality of the map finder far exceed those of Illustrator. If I was not so into the world of Adobe.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to start in the world of digital illustration, Illustrator is your best option, but it is also a difficult tool to learn to use. Due to its high professional level, it is usually not mastered at first. Even so, I must say that Illustrator is a great tool that has been made 100% necessary in the design community. Illustrator is best used to create things like logos, large illustrations, ultra high quality designs and other similar things. I love the amount of control I have with Illustrator.

Graphic Design Intern

"A program every graphic designer needs"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator can really take your designs to the next level. The is an endless list of uses for this program from illustration, program design, minor photo editing, and using it to create anything your mind can imagine. The brush tool with varying stroke weights and styles is especially useful for illustration and line work.

What do you dislike?

This program does take a bit of time to get used to. There are many shortcuts that make navigating through your design much simpler, and if not taken advantage of work time does increase.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you decide to make this purchase, you get the most out of your money by buying the whole Adobe Suite.

Illustrator only gets better the more that you use it. I use this everyday in my work, especially in collaboration with Photoshop. The user-faces have a similar feel and once you really get the hang of one program, it is easier to start using the next. Again, using the shortcuts that are built in, and customizing them to meet my need has really allowed me to get a quality level of work in a short amount of time. All graphic designers should be able to list this program on their resume.

Design

"The best friend of the designers"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is a great tool, a unique tool in which all the necessary functionalities are found. You can do almost anything in Illustrator since it gives you a lot of control over your work. The selection tools may seem unintuitive at first, but they are incredibly useful once you understand how to use them. Illustrator is similar to Photoshop in that the depth of functions and possibilities is truly amazing.

What do you dislike?

I really do not know how I would learn to use this software on your own. I took a course and learned from my instructor, but if they gave me this software and told me to find out, I'm not sure I could do it and apart from that it can be very defective with big and heavy files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Illustrator is a software that at first seems complicated but once you understand how it is used it is wonderful the ease with which you can work and design, I feel completely comfortable using Illustrator and without a doubt I recommend it to anyone who wants to create great designs.

Adobe Illustrator allows you to edit, design and retouch any image or vector graphic for 3D images that we export from other programs. The product constantly improves itself and does a great job of listening to the problems faced by its users. I have been using this software for years in the design of interiore, I use this software a lot to design the 3D presentations, the logo of my company, print banners, create publicity, etc.

Ellisa Gray

"Adobe Illustrator"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator vector editor is the best program on the market. relatively simple interface.

What do you dislike?

Beginner will be difficult to understand. I have been using the program for 6 months, and at first I was very afraid of this program, I thought it was very difficult to master. It is really difficult if you do nothing, but if you devote time to it every day, you will quickly understand. The program is very convenient, an excellent interface, the program can be mastered quite quickly, but it will take a lot of time to study it thoroughly, as there are many functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good soft. Use it

I use the program every day to create logos and illustrations. The ability to flexibly tune all the tools will be very useful for professionals, at first you can scare away newbies by forcing them to choose something simpler. I use and will use Illustrator and consider it the best program for vector artists.

engineer

"Ilustrador Adobe"

What do you like best?

I like Adobe Illustrator because in graphic design it is one of the main tools together with Adobe Photoshop. This tool allows you to create vector graphics in a simple and easy way, but as a professional. The most important thing is that the image management does not distort them, they do not lose quality when they scale and they occupy less space on the disk. It has multiple functions and filters that make your compositions really professional works. It is easy to use and manage; has good support for beginners and professionals; as well as a user guide with quick answers and step-by-step instructions.

What do you dislike?

Learning is a little uphill, requires practice to know all the panels of tools and functions to master it as a professional. If you have experience with photoshop, the learning curve is easier, since the interfaces are similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is recommended because adobe illustrator is a complete software for the design of vector graphics by professionals and not so professional who work in the elaboration of logos, banners, brochures and diagrams. As well as in the composition and decomposition of images.

Preparation and edition of vector files for banners, advertising, posters, logos and gigantografias. As well as edition of the logo. Editing of Al, SVG and EPS files.

(Myself Only)

"Adobe Illustrator is a Advance Graphic Design tools that let you design just anything you want"

What do you like best?

Adobe illustrator is a powerful software; it gave users the experience that Photoshop isn't offering. Illustrator has a vector-based platform which made it more amazing to use. With the tools like Pen Tool, Shaper Tool, Shapes etc., I have been able to use Adobe Illustrator to create just anything i want, be it Logo design, cards and even cartoon effect of an actual photograph.

Unlike Photoshop, which is raster graphics, illustrators "vector graphics" let users resize their graphic elements without messing up the quality; this is one of my favorite.

With illustrator, I can save my designs to any format that I want, and the beauty of it is I can export my designs to Photoshop and continue my work from there.

What do you dislike?

For someone that is familiar with Photoshop for years, using Illustrator still gave me a tough challenge. It took few weeks to fully understand and use. I can't say the software is easy to use, because I can only imagine how a beginner will cope with learning those tremendous tools. I found myself using How-To videos tutorial to learn some tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need graphic design software that can give you the best vector design, illustrator is highly recommended. I don't think there is any better alternative to AI.

For graphic designers that use other software (especially Photoshop), illustrator is a great software, I really recommend it, it will expand your focus and give you the clean design that you want.

Beginners can use illustrators as well, but learning the tools will be tough, you can Google search tutorials or check How-to videos on YT; however, learning Photoshop first seems to make AI easier.

Adobe Illustrator has been really helpful for me, as a freelance graphic designer, I have used illustrator for various designs like Logos, business cards, banners and some vector designs. With illustrator, i have being able to create clean cartoon effects on images which i had struggled with on Photoshop.

Design Consultant

"I can design almost anything that comes to mind with Adobe Illustrator"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator can save files in many different formats, so its versatility is very high. It's also versatile in terms of design tools. I can choose from dozens of tools that allow me to control shapes and curves with tremendous precision. I like that Adobe Illustrator is a vector-based graphic design application that can generate and resize graphic elements without diminishing the quality of the graphics. This especially comes in handy for large print media.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Illustrator is such an advanced tool that beginning users won't really be able to create substantive graphics with. Of course, it all depends on the user, but there are so many tools with specific commands and controls that could months or more to get a comfortable hold of. On top of that, the quality of your generated vector graphics also depends on the user's drawing skills. So Adobe Illustrator isn't really the most user friendly from the start.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you consider yourself capable at drawing, then I think you'll ultimately be able to leverage Adobe Illustrator to your benefit. Even if you're not a great artist though, there are many time-saving tools in Illustrator that allow you to generate dynamic effects with just a few clicks.

I have used Adobe Illustrator for years through many different versions and updates and have always found it to be more than capable of giving me the design tools needed to create precise drawing for interior designs and other home-related illustrations. My illustrations have been used for many different business purposes outside of interior design as well. I can use it for sharp text graphics for digital and offline marketing media.

Operations Manager

"My new favorite program (as of 5 years ago)!"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is hands down my all time favorite program. I grew up with photo editing software, but once I found the beauty of vector-based art manipulation, I switched gears. Illustrator has a crazy amount of power. I know how to get around the program with ease, but even I have more to learn. I love creating images where I could never draw before, being able to fill with color where paths cross (using Live Paint since otherwise you can only fill objects), and being able to convert images to vector based using Image Trace.

What do you dislike?

AI has a steep learning curve. But if you make yourself practice with the pen tool, you can get the hang of creating a vector path quite quickly. I am mostly self taught, so you can definitely learn on the fly. Once I started teaching Illustrator, I learned so many more useful program tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

AI is the industry standard for vector design. If your in fashion, home decor, interior design, logo design, or graphic design, you probably already know (or really SHOULD know) Adobe Illustrator. It may be hard to learn, but there are so many resources out there to help you.

In Fashion, Illustrator is essential to know. Drawing flats and croquis are the most typical use of the program, but you can also make graphics and design logos. I recently created a shirt design using AI and even more recently developed my design business' logo. Another handy trick is you can manipulate fonts for custom design using image trace on a text box.

Graphic Design

"Best out of best Vector graphics software"

What do you like best?

1. Using multiple art-board in single document is what i like the most.

2. You can create print-ready as well as web graphics with ease thanks to Adobe Illustrator.

3. You can customize your work-space.

4. It offers you tool set which allows you to create professional vector graphics with relative ease.

5. It's interface is almost similar to Photoshop.

6. It supports multiple art-boards outputs simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

1. Steep learning curve. It took time and practice to master the illustrator and a professional to teach you.

2. Limited support for raster graphics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm a graphics designer and using illustrator to create banners, logos, illustrations and vector based work.

I used it on daily basis and it's just perfectly fine.

It has steep learning curve. As a beginner you should work with some professionals or experienced to learn in easy and quick way. They can help you to with tips and tricks to do work in short time.

I give 9.5 out of 10 to Illustrator.

I used it on daily basis and it's just perfectly fine.

Media Co-ordinator

"Difficult At First"

What do you like best?

I like that a lot of online files I use come in Illustrator format, allowing me to get access to them. What I do once I open the files is edit out what I do not want and then transfer the file over to photoshop, either as a whole, or layer by layer as I find it easier to work in photoshop.

What do you dislike?

I found Adobe Illustrator difficult to use at first. I had become so used to Adobe Photoshop that then using this program seemed so difficult. They have different functions and it was hard to figure out how to create things and set things up in this program. It would have been nice if a lot of the functions were the same as Photoshop. The more I work with this program the easier it becomes to navigate, yet, I still try to do most of my work in other Adobe programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have not yet invested a lot of time into learning this program. I hope to do so soon. I encourage you to take the time to learn this programs capabilities and how to best use it. I hope that as I continue growing familiar with this program I can expand what I am able to do.

Sometimes its best not to reinvent the wheel. There is so much out there when it comes to graphics and promo that when needing something quick I often turn to sites that provide Illustrator files. Though I do not work usually in Illustrator, I do like the benefit of getting these files.

Freelance Illustrator
(Myself Only)

"A great Vector based program for all levels"

What do you like best?

I like the interface for the program since it is very alike with photoshop. So if you know photoshop there is some similarities with the program. I love the live trace option especially for inked drawings.

What do you dislike?

That they changed the live trace options so you can not really customize the output so you don't have as much control as you would with the past versions of Illustrator. Its best to keep an older version installed just for that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the trial out first to see how you feel about the program. Look up tutorials on google if you feel lost, as there are tons of useful resources you can find online paid or free for Adobe Illustrator. Subscribing to the suite is a plus monthly if you use all the adobe products they offer (After Effects, Dreamweaver, Indesign, Photoshop, etc)

Turning clients files into vector format, and allowing them to choose a different DPI input. Also if a client needs a different colorway you can highlight the file and easily reapply different colorways.

Developer

"I haven't used it that much, but it seems like a great way to work on vector graphics."

What do you like best?

It's easy to make changes to vector graphics. The tools do what you expect them to do. Specific changes include adding vertices to shapes, moving the vertices, and changing the colors of shapes. Instead of hand drawing everything, there are panels that you can use to make minute adjustments to your work. This makes it so that you do not have to be physically capable of art to be an artist.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the art board, because it's different than Photoshop. Part of this is the raster vs vector differences. It changes the dynamic and at times it's confusing. To me, the art board should automatically fit to the shapes you're creating because there's no reason to crop.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While I don't necessarily feel like Illustrator is an excellent program, I also don't know of a better alternative. For that reason, it seems like the industry standard for vector graphics. I do think it's worth trying other programs, though, as Adobe's Cloud pricing strategy can be an expensive commitment depending on what you use it for.

Editing SVGs, EPS, and AI files. When a designer does a good job setting up a website in Illustrator, it's better than in Photoshop. I really like it for that purpose.

FOTÓGRAFA

"The best way to draw and create designs from your computer or tablet."

What do you like best?

It is very useful and practical, in the world of graphic design it is essential to have such a tool. Since it is dynamic and versatile. It fulfills the basic functions and even more. Does not distort the images for the lowest results they have. The images require less space in the disk space, and apart from that it is easier to vector them. It does not lose quality when being scaled or to vary its size, which makes it one of the best options when it comes to design.

What do you dislike?

In general it is very useful, but I would like to work with videos. Since you can only work with images and photos for now. This program does not perform vector calculations to be able to work with real life videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Of course ... I would like to recommend this software to all those who work with designs and advertising production .. It is useful, economical and easy to install.

At work I use it frequently since I take care of the design part and the editing. This program I like a lot because it is not so heavy compared to others and also has more tools. The images already taken occupy less space which helps not to saturate my disk .. Which is an incredible advantage since my computer is one of my fundamental tools. It contains countless tools which save me more time and money than others. Very happy with what benefits me at work

Marketing Manager

"Amazingly powerful. Great for advanced designers. "

What do you like best?

I used to use photoshop for everything. Now when I’m designing flyers, posters, billboard, web graphics, etc I use Illustrator. It’s so powerful. There is almost nothing that can’t be accomplished with this tool. If you’ve used photoshop you already be familiar with this program. Most every tool look/works similarly and if there is something you company figure out, YouTube will be a great resource.

What do you dislike?

The only times I design outside of illustrator is when the image needs touched up. For that I use photoshop to edit he image the. Import that image into illustrator

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you know photoshop and want to try your had at vector graphics, Illustrator is the way to go.

Illustrator has been key for me in designing Vector based graphics. In a world where just about everyone has high def screens on them at all times it’s increasingly important to have vector designs.

Web and Graphic Designer

"Best Software For Vectors Graphics"

What do you like best?

The interface of adobe illustrator is so similar to photoshop, so learning the tools of adobe illustrator is very easy. You can create shapes and give them effects easily. It comes with a wide variety of tools, you can create stylish illustrations, logos, banners, cartoons of real photographs, etc. you can also use for web graphics to make your web attractive. You can use multiple artboards for different designs. You can convert any vector format into raster graphics like jpg, png, etc

What do you dislike?

The price of Adobe Illustrator is a little bit high. If you're a beginner, so the monthly subscription of Illustrator is high. It offers limited support to the raster graphics. Adobe Illustrator CC version is not working smoothly on low hardware PC. You have at least 4GB Ram + i3 processor so make sure about hardware requirements when you are using Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe Illustrator is very efficient software for vector graphics. You can use multiple artboards for different designs. You can make visiting cards, logos, banners, web illustrations. The graphics of the Illustrator is based on the mathematical equations instead of stored pixels. If some looking forward to learning vector graphics, Adobe Illustrator is the best software.

Adobe Illustrator is very helpful for business, it gives the wide variety of tools and it works with any computer, we also create web graphics. No resolution issue, because of this our clients are satisfied with us.

We share our designs using the creative cloud

Junior Executive

"Create drawings like never before"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is used to create digital images such as logos, charts, diagrams and illustrations. With the use of the text tools, it is very convenient to combine text and images together to make the illustrations much more natural and self explanatory. With the available tools, even a complex illustration can be designed with in a very short period of time. And in order to do that, there is no high level skill is required. With the use of online tutorials even a new user can grasp Adobe Illustrator in no time.

What do you dislike?

The toolbars and the overall layout could be made less crowded with the availability of user required tool selection.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe Illustrator is the best digital image creator/ editor that you could ever find. I highly recommend it to anybody.

It is very convenient to combine text and images together to make the illustrations much more natural and self explanatory.

IT Support Specialist

"Lo mejor en diseño de gráficos vectoriales"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator es un programa muy completo moderno en diseño de gráficos vectoriales que nos ha permitido como empresa crear logotipos, iconos, dibujos e ilustraciones para imprimirlas o publicarlas en la web aumentando la calidad de nuestro trabajo. Podemos ultizar todas las herramientas de dibujo que necesitamos para invertir colores y formas sencillas en gráficos, iconos y logotipos sofisticados. Se trata de un software vectorial por lo que se puede redimensionar para dispositivos móviles o ampliarlas a un mayor tamaño sin perder su nitidez y atractivo. Podemos agregar el nombre de una empresa o marca a un diseño de folleto así como también crear el boceto de una pagina web con excelentes herramientas de texto incluyendo efectos, gestionando los estilos y editando caracteres individuales para crear diseños tipográficos que expresen el mensaje que queremos dar a la perfección. Tiene también herramientas de precisión y rendimiento rápidas y adaptativas haciendo que nos ayuda a enfocarnos mas en el diseño. Ahorramos tiempo modificando textos u objetos repetidos en varias mesas de trabajo a la vez. La barra de herramientas se puede adaptar a nuestras necesidades en el diseño añadiéndo o quitando las que queramos agrupándolas en la forma que mas nos convenga. Nos permite hacer degradados, podemos crea diapositivas que se pueden proyectar y compartir fácilmente.

What do you dislike?

Ha sido una gran experiencia que ha superado todas nuestras expectativas.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No dejen de unirse a la gran experiencia con adobe Illustrator porque es excelente para el mejoramiento de sus empresas.

Ha aportado grandemente la producción y presentación de nuestra empresa por sus múltiples herramientas logrando que cumplamos nuestros objetivos.

Prof De Fisica

"Excellent synchronization with the cloud."

What do you like best?

If you work on lots of vector pictures, you are able to scale a lot of the vector points, thus working on vectors is sort of simple with a creative person. The actual fact that your styles are all uploaded onto the cloud implies that I can access the designs on totally different Adobe applications. Typically I fell irritated with the cloud. However, it makes it much more comfortable particularly if I perform at totally different workspaces, and I will have access to that anytime. I conjointly just like the indisputable fact that it's perpetually updated, which suggests the tools solely regain and better.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to adapt to "drawing" and designing graphics with a mouse or touchpad instead of a pencil. However, that may be additional of a user issue than a product problem. The pricing for the Creative Cloud vs purchasing the product outright like we have a tendency to be able to do is pretty annoying although.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are numerous tutorials on youtube and also the Adobe's knowledgebase or the Internet generally. If you make an attempt to work some things out, a fast google search will show you a tutorial that may help you step by step. If you wish to find out quicker ways to doing one thing, numerous tutorials may simplify the process of expediting your style method.

I can design graphics and physical schemes super quick. Moreover, I could ready to modify them super effortless. It implies that if I want to vary a detail or produce slight variations of the identical style it merely is managed.