4.0 out of 5
Do you work for Workfront?

Workfront Reviews & Product Details

What is Workfront?

Workfront helps your team stop the chaos, stay competitive, and provide visibility to stakeholders by offering an enterprise-grade solution for receiving, executing, and managing work. With robust resource, workflow, and project management tools, as well as a selection of fully customizable, built-in request queues and reports, Workfront enables everyone to plan, execute, track, and report on all their work. Workfront is trusted by thousands of global enterprises, like Adobe, Cisco, HBO, REI, Trek, Schneider Electric, and ATB Financial. To learn more, visit www.workfront.com or follow us on Twitter @Workfront_Inc.

Workfront Screenshots

Workfront Reviews

1-50 of 473 total Workfront reviews

Workfront Reviews

1-50 of 473 total Workfront reviews
Workfront review by Brandon H.
Creative Services Project Manager

"Fantastic for Creative Teams"

What do you like best?

I can't choose just one thing. The integrated proofing tool has been amazing. It allows me to create automated review and approval workflows that my designers can then select for proofing. And the in-tool annotation function is excellent -- it takes any guesswork out of the process altogether. In addition to that, the reporting has been beyond excellent. If you are, in any way, inclined to do so, you can easily create custom reports on virtually any field within Workfront -- including fields that you create in Workfront's custom forms. This function is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

On a particular project, most updates/comments will show up on the main 'updates' tab. The only updates/comments that will not show up are ones that are put directly onto documents or made within the proof tool. This is a very small issue, but one none-the-less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be intimidated by how robust Workfront is. Even if you don't need all of the functionality that it has to offer now, you may need it in the future. It is extremely scalable.

Workfront is giving us a uniform way to submit creative requests, gather information to complete projects, manage resources, manage workflow, track statuses, proof deliverables, and report on virtually an infinite number of metrics. Workfront has revolutionized the way that we are receiving project requests and keeping track of our projects.

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate customer feedback and we're glad to hear you're having a good experience! If you ever need any assistance and are not sure who to contact, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at 844.306.4357. We appreciate your business!

Workfront review by Sarah M.
Graphic Designer
Law Practice

"Good base but needs additional functionality options"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see all of my projects at one glance. It works well across large departments.

What do you dislike?

The overall look of workfront is bulky and could use some slimming. There are too many options, and a color code would be helpful as well as all the tasks look the same at one glance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training and bring in specialists as Workfront is not easy to use, depending on what your company does you will need to tailor workfront to suit your needs.

We use workfront for a global creative company, the software is glitchy and does not let us do essential functions. We cannot lazy reply so often comments get missed. We are inundated with too many notifications and tasks. CLients cannot upload documents after the initial request. This is not ideal and ends with email being used instead of all communication happening within the application. There is also no way to finish a task and have it sit within another department, i.e., design task completed and the task then goes to proofing. Instead, it stays with the designer.

Workfront review by Jill B.
Senior Graphic Designer
Consumer Goods
(10,001+ employees)

"Amazingly Robust Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

The basic project management capabilities, the continuous innovation and adaptations we are able to implement, and how it can become whatever tool you need it to be when you set it up the right way.

What do you dislike?

I miss my old project management software's "start/stop" timer for tracking time, but apparently they are considering adding this to workfront.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your systems before you go into implementation. Spend the extra money and time to get your workflow to best translate into the system. This is mandatory to have a good experience. Once it's all set up, the learning curve is manageable, and your homework will be worthwhile.

I was an end user, and used it to account for my time, track my projects from start to finish, share proofs, get feedback, and communicate with internal clients. Now I am managing the projects for the end users, and it is more robust than I ever knew! I am able to make reports that make my design team's lives easier, their clients lives easier, and with their mobile apps, my sales team's lives easier.

Workfront review by Jordan C.
Product Marketing Specialist

"Workfront is great once you get past the learning curve."

What do you like best?

I like that the entire workflow processes are transparent. This provides my colleagues and me the capability to see what's happening at each step of the process.

What do you dislike?

Like any other enterprise systemt that's customized, there's going to be a learning curve for the comapny. Additionally, there are going to be things that will be implemented that you'll find won't work. Just adapt, update, and it'll be much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provided you're willing to go through the growing pains implementing the product, you shoud absolutely use it. It needs to be customized to your needs and you need to be willing to take the time to make that happen. The workflow tools are great for communication and discussion across teams, but you have to get the steps down correctly.

We've solved a lot of workflow problems that resulted from legacy systems that were in place. We're seeing greater communication and clarity with our tasks.

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Workfront review by Sarah S.
(10,001+ employees)

"Workfront is a PM Tool Win"

What do you like best?

The visibility, reporting functionality and accountability of user is what I like most about Workfront. In addition, the support one receives from the company is quite remarkable. I have used several PM tools, but, Workfront surpasses them all in so many facets.

What do you dislike?

There were several things that I didn't care for about Workfront such as once you deleted a file, it was gone forever. Workfront addressed what I dislike and now they are a feature in the tool; thank you Workfront for listening to your customers!

Recommendations to others considering the product

When a company is looking for an amazing PM tool, there are several important benefits that are essential for success of the tool. The reporting functionality was they yes. Other tools had many of the benefits that Workfront offers, however, the reporting was what sold us.

Efficiency, accuracy and visibility of projects were the initial business problems to be resolved. Within a few months, the Creative team was not just able to resolve the business problem, but able to explore new creative opportunities because we were working more efficiently; BIG WIN!

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Workfront review by Hugo J.
Information Technology

"Quality team management software"

What do you like best?

This software, called Workfront, allows teamwork, collaboration and the management of documents and projects to be much easier, since it has a wide variety of tools and configurations that make communication and work easier.

What do you dislike?

I think the only thing that Workfront needs is to improve the interface a bit, since I consider it to be little updated to the current times. But they only need to improve that aspect a bit, the rest is very well developed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Collaborative work is basic in a company and with software like this it is allowed to be not only easier, but also much more complete.

It has helped to save many economic resources thanks to allowing a collaboration between different users, simplifying projects and being able to work with documents more quickly.

Workfront review by Vesna N.
Head of Marketing Campaigns
Banking

"Workfront totally transformed how we work as a team"

What do you like best?

Weve been with workfront for a few months and have gradually added more modules to our platform. I like how we now have a view over all the work the marketing team is producing, how we have standardised requests from our stakeholders and how we have transformed our sign-off process to be 100% digital through workfront.

What do you dislike?

Not much! We have just added the DAM functionality in the last year and i think there is room for improvement in the the UI there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you spend the time getting to know the system and getting it set up to meet your needs. Also take baby steps in introducing others to it. There's so much is=t can do that it might sema bit overwhelming at first. But stick with it - its worth it.

We needed to standardise how we kept track of campaigns, how we took requests from the business, how we managed sign offs and also standardise campaign processes. While making sure everyone we worked with had full visibility of our work.

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Workfront review by Chelsea T.
Digital Support Specialist
Legal Services

"Workfront is more important to me than Outlook"

What do you like best?

I love the reporting capabilities. I also love the platform itself and the ability to customize it for my team and our needs. Working on a project with team members across functional teams (and even across offices) is no longer a big "to do." Each person knows what is expected of them and the tool creates accountability. It has become one of my "always open" programs, similar to my email.

What do you dislike?

Today? Nothing; the tool and its accompanying mobile app is always improving based on customer recommendations. Originally, the ability to customize was overwhelming, and there was no one "correct" way to build something out. Once I was able to determine my team's needs, this became less of an issue.

Workfront has provided my department with a way to streamline our request intake, allocate to available resources, and track volume by both functional team and by practice group, which is especially important for our executive leadership to have reports on. We had close to zero processes before Workfront, and reporting on any one thing was a challenge and often included hours of digging through email.

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Workfront review by Jarad M.
Social Media Strategist / Community Manager

"Easy to use project management software with minor hiccups"

What do you like best?

From a general user perspective it's relatively easy to use and navigate to know what work is assigned to you and the ability to leave comments in tasks as well as in document proofs. The highlight for me is that it integrates with email (Outlook for me) so that I get updates, comments, etc. in my email and can respond via email if I'm remote and don't have access to Workfront.

What do you dislike?

While it's easy to get away with the basics to hobble along, unless you are properly trained by someone in this software prior to using (or have experience with a competitor) you will miss or not understand MUCH of its functionality. I've been using it for almost a year and half, and there are still so many things I'm just now learning. So make sure you're trained properly or else you might have a steep learning curve. Or if you're satisfied with bare minimum use as a contributor and not a PM yourself, then perhaps this isn't as big of a deal.

Also, we've dealt with some annoying downtime and delayed response. We've had almost full workdays where it is "down" and unusable (NOT on a scheduled maintenance day). There have also been days where its update system doesn't notify people for hours after your comment or request, so you have sit in the program and hit refresh constantly if that happens, which can be annoying. It doesn't happen frequently, more like once a quarter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have experience using this or a similar product, do some training and research. It's a very complex program with lots of capabilities that are not readily apparent to a first time user.

Workfront is the software our company uses for project management. Our PMs manage our instance while individual contributors such as myself comment, approve, and do timesheets. We've benefitted from having our projects and timesheets in the same place--it makes it much easier to keep track of hours for our agency.

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Workfront review by Brian K.
IT System Administrator
Outsourcing/Offshoring
(10,001+ employees)

"Excellent Team Collaboration Platform"

What do you like best?

I work on a team where each of us are separated individually across the united states. Workfront enables us to collectively collaborate on a common project setting individual goals. Project managers can invite users, send out updates and set goals to be marked as complete by individual users. Definitely a AAA+ option for global team project collaborations.

What do you dislike?

Live chat would be nice. Not sure on cost versus RIO but would definitely say this product is worth its weight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the built in feature of this product and you will be hard pressed to find it lacking for your needs.

Unifying multiple team projects across more than one platform. Workfront allows our IT teams in a corporate environment to collaborate and work on individual team goals. Our IT teams are spread across not only the United States but global locations. Workfront enables us to work collaboratively toward common tasks and goals/resolutions.

Workfront review by Administrator

"PMO take on Workfront"

What do you like best?

Going from using 4 different tools to run the intake and project management for our large book of business (100+ projects a year, ranging from 80-5,000 hours) has been a huge plus for my company, We were on ServiceNow, Smartsheet, Excel, and Project. Now we are only on Workfront and it's been so impactful to how we get our work done. We are able to train our project submitters, our PM's, and all our teams on the tool and provide seamless workflows. I like how I became a SME on the tool, and others can learn it quickly without having to go through formal training.

What do you dislike?

We are still in the Legacy Capacity Planner because we need to use resource estimates for our job roles. For example, our Integration Team (20 people) are all under the Integration Job role, but they only have 10% capacity to put towards our Projects. The legacy system lets us set this capacity and show their over/under allocation, the new system does not let us set capacity for the team in this way.

We are solving the entire Project Intake process, we made it easy for all our customers to submit project requests to 1 single queue. We streamlined the t-shirt and Assessment process using the Issue Tabs on projects (documenting notes, hours, assumptions, etc). We are now more transparent, without having to load documents onto SharePoint, etc. Every customer can see the assumptions/hours etc. taken during assessments and answer their own questions.

Workfront review by Kristy G.
Sr. Technology Training Specialist-Commercial Division Marketing & Sales
Textiles

"Robust Platform"

What do you like best?

I can only speak to the potential, as we have implemented use but have not fully began to see the benefit of this robust system. I am excited about the potential of syncing our Salesforce.com data with Workfront. I appreciate the flexibility in customization for all unique needs and user roles too.

What do you dislike?

Managing a team of Marketing coordinators who are limited on tech understandings, this is going to take me a bit of time to train and implement. Not a true gripe I guess, just a realization of the true scope of this project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for lots of customization options for your and your teams.

As mentioned before, I need to bridge a gap from sales and other area of our company who use Salesforce.com with those of our Marketing team who barely had a need to use Salesforce.com. We need data to flow through both without recreating a wheel each time. We need contact and account info along with project info often times, to complete a digital design request (facility tours, events, publications, etc.)

Workfront review by Administrator

"Great software - clean, simple, flexible"

What do you like best?

Workfront has a great interface and is quite userfriendly. I love the ways in which I am able to customize it for the needs of myself and my department.

What do you dislike?

I am in research and we use the software in some ways that differ from the typical heavy Workfront users (i.e. marketers, HR, etc.) There are some things I really wish I could customize but currently can't. In addition, I need to train many individuals who don't function as project managers on how to use this software, which can be difficult. It seems that it's very intuitive to PMs but not so much those who don't function as PMs. I don't know that it's a software issue, but I do find that it's more of a struggle for certain types of employees to learn how to use Workfront

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is probably common sense, but if you decide to implement the software, really take the time to sit down with employees and give them personal training and help them see the value of the product. It will help you overcome a ton of implementation hurdles and drive adoption.

Workfront is a wonderful way to track data and create powerful reports. Once you figure out the right input information, you have a wealth of things at your finger tips and can create a wealth of reports. It helps with capacity planning, project management, and looking at where we spend our time to make changes where necessary in the future.

Workfront review by Shannon C.
Manager, Platform Administration

"Ever Evolving Workflow Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Workfront's basic platform features have helped our organization gain a level of visibility into the work we do, see where are staff are focusing, create a streamlined process by using project templates, and have a single source for our final marketing pieces.

What do you dislike?

Users with strengths outside of process management or technology can struggle with the actions needed to keep projects moving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workfront can help organizations standardize processes, track complexity of projects, have all incoming work come through one point of entry, assign the right workers to tasks. Reports based on customized fields help report to Execs the data that is meaningful to them. Hours tracking is also another feature that is helping us look at the work we do.

Creating custom forms, fields, templates, job roles, project milestones, reports and dashboards is the greatest strength of Workfront from my perspective. Setting up the process for users where we can customize as needed is extremely helpful.

Workfront review by User

"Couldn't do my job without it"

What do you like best?

Being able to manage 100's of tasks assigned to me and my team, being able to collaborate with others on proofs and marketing collateral that I am producing, and best of all, none of it is done in email - Workfront is my single source of truth for all project information, so if I go on vacation or get sick, someone else can see everything I've been working on and my work doesn't pile up.

What do you dislike?

It's flexible to configure, but not flexible enough in some instances, and it's difficult training users at times because there are so many different ways to do things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your use cases very throughly thought out, at least one "simple" and at least one "Complex". Make sure you understand what licenses your people need because those can get costly depending on the type of work you want to accomplish in the system.

Not knowing what my team is working on, being able to see all comments on a piece we are collaborating on, being able to understand what my team's capacity is and communicating that out to our upline.

Workfront review by Yvette J.
Marketing Project Manager

"Increase in Productivity, Communication and Workflow"

What do you like best?

Everything for a project lives in one place. Gone are the days of reply all emails and digging through your inbox to find details and attachments. It's great for referring to previous projects when copying a project or seeing what creative we used in the past for an ad or an email digital graphic. The reporting functionality is also super useful.

What do you dislike?

Not a fan of Home. There are still limitations, and many of our users still use Legacy, or dashboards I've set up for them.

Also proof license reporting isn't working. I currently have a support ticket open for this that's taking a lot of time to get answers.

There are also Dropbox file limitations for people who are uploading docs from Dropbox. I wish that anybody can view the files you upload. Why is this happening?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your pain points first so you have more productive meetings for possible implementation. Network with current users so you can hear first-hand experience of their day to day work.

Tracking work Marketing executes to share with our executive office so they know exactly how much we're doing. Workfront is only used for Marketing projects, and using this helps organize and optimize workflow so much better than Excel spreadsheets from the past. Pulling task reports to show how much work someone is doing for example can be great information for business cases to add members to the team, or understand what we may need to resource. This also helps us realistically assign projects to users.

Workfront review by Jennifer C.
Sr. Productivity Systems & Tools Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"It's so customizable, you'll cry"

What do you like best?

For a tech geek like me, this system is a gold mine of things to learn. However it is so darn easy to over-customize though, for the sake of "beating the machine" and figuring it out. It's been great for us to have 1 source of truth for work, but there is always so much to do that it feel like an uphill battle to improve in it.

What do you dislike?

You need a plan license to manage agile boards. You should be able to be a worker and do that.

There is a huge gap between group admin & admin licenses and neither is customizable.

Queues are not their own object type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have documented your processes, worktypes, workflows and org before you go thought this.

reporting-- we need to be able to do a better job of answering all our capacity questions. We need a formula for headcount. This is one of my goals for 2019.

Workfront review by Tracey M.

"Potential to make Awesome with good planning. Easy to pick up with CRM background."

What do you like best?

I like that there are visual options you can add to reports and when you are managing resources. It makes it so much easy to see things are a glance. when your busy.

I am new to Workfront but its been easy to pick up with my CRM background and its easy to pick up the Workfront specific things. The learning Ascent environment and webinars really help to understand how and why Workfront does the things it does. This includes there API guide when I do some coding to go pass the standard reporting options.

What do you dislike?

I came in late to the implementation and am seeing that its overwhelming for users to see all the information and the multiple way to do or find things. Mostly for the non-project managers. I am also seeing the long click paths too time consuming for users. At 3 you've lost people. Lucky there are some setup things you can do.

Transparency between teams and client. Creating a documented trail to follow on the production side for everyone to tap into. Its helping us to define roles more (ie Project manager vs Account Exec etc) Having everything is one place is helping get better metrics and improve timelines.

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Workfront review by Jacobs D.
Team Manager

"Monitoring of communication in the reports are excellent"

What do you like best?

I love their ability to communicate and inform anyone about what may be happening at work. allows the person to respond by email or other ways improving the way of communication in our company.

What do you dislike?

Something that I do not like is that from time to time you may have problems with some media in syncing they could fix that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is highly recommended to use this tool as it improves the performance of our employees and that translates into better productivity in our company

Helped us in an incredible way in the company, it was a help that we did not know we needed but after using this software we realize that all our movements and communication are now more agile due to this very effective tool in which we can evaluate boards and Inform all our employees about what needs to be done at the right time without any delay.

Workfront review by Tegwyn S.
Production Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care
(10,001+ employees)

"Workfront is the most robust project and asset management software I have ever used"

What do you like best?

Creating smart custom forms has really streamlined our job request process and has made capturing initial necessary information so much easier for the marketing dept. Creating custom reports that are available in real time - in a dashboard helps keep workflow transparent and easy to follow. Request queues - routing rules - user access levels help further define user interface.

What do you dislike?

we were under tremendous time crunch upon implementation and roll-out and I do not think we were able to think through proofHQ connection. I find somewhat of a disconnect between the two and often have to try and troubleshoot issues myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product. I would definitely choose to take on the role of a full time administrator as opposed to having more than one person try to work full time and handle admin duties as ir can be overwhelming and time consuming.

we are able to use same software across several departments for the first time. we are also able to integrate external customers with limited access in order to streamline customer requests to mktg who then determine if job will continue by adding additional smart forms that correspond to specific templates for schedules. very easy to manipulate schedules for those outlayer projects that don't always fit process.

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Workfront review by Connie S.
Marketing Operations Specialist
Medical Devices
(10,001+ employees)

"Marketing Project Management simplified"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that regardless of the process, the tool has the ability to flex for all the divisions of my organization. It does this with integrated project management thought and tools without the end user even realizing that these principles are being applied. When used to its full capacity, your team can be better project managers without even knowing they are project managers.

What do you dislike?

The good is often the bad at the same time. Because of the many capabilities, users can become easily overwhelmed with the functionality. This is easily managed through the creation of templates and training, but it is something to be aware of as you build out your iteration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in. The system is flexible and the customer community is extremely helpful. I have never experienced a community as awesome as the one that Workfront has created.

Efficiency, streamlined/inline feedback, annotations of marketing collateral, portfolio optimization and overall increase in better metrix for marketing as it relates to work getting done.

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Workfront review by Teale M.
IT Project Manager
Entertainment

"Workfront to Manage Tech"

What do you like best?

All of it... Resource Planning, Budget Tracking, Schedule templates, Agile queue, support queues, customization, reporting, dashboards. Ease of use and implementation.

What do you dislike?

When I first began using Workfront, I noticed a few quirks, if you will. For instance, dragging and dropping is not as easy as you'd think and Ctrl-Z or Undo doesn't exist in the current functionality.

I'd like to see functionality that tracks when stories are placed into or removed from a sprint. In general, more functionality in the Agile arena would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strong executive support is recommended when a Workfront implementation is being considered. Because of the unlimited power of the tool, non-technical individuals can be easily intimidated when first introduced to the interface.

Always make sure you've outlined the pain points that you're trying to solve so that you can reference them frequently to show the success that implementation of the tool brings to the organization.

Workfront provides transparency into the work that we do to support our cross-functional teams. Centralized reporting is real-time and reduces PM workload to report status.

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Workfront review by Winfield D.
Coordinator, Global Sales & Marketing at IHG
Staffing and Recruiting

"Project Management - Workfront"

What do you like best?

-Project visibility across multiple teams - Workfront makes it easy for different groups to work on projects together & provide updates through the system, so all your project information is gathered in one place. The project details page & updates become your one source of truth when tracking why a project became late or who made decisions about certain project aspects.

-Project templates - The ability to create project templates makes opening new projects a breeze & quicker manipulation of due dates

What do you dislike?

-Resource allocation - I think that the process of bulk assigning users to project tasks is a bit clunky, but I still like the feature. It feels awkward having to leave your project, go to a different tab, and navigate through several more clicks to find where to bulk assign all of your project tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workfront is a great project management tool that is still growing. While it has it's pros and cons & may not be 100% where you want it to be right now, they are always improving the site & listening to what their users want.

-Creating a standard workflow for our campaigns for all of our marketing managers across multiple regions (US, UK, etc)

-Integrating multiple softwares with Workfront - Having the request queues in WF to kick requests into different programs for other groups has made the campaign workflow/process almost seamless; prior to Workfront, different teams were requiring the same information, but all had different forms to fill out & everything was being captured via email or Skype, so it was hard to keep track of where things were in process

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Workfront review by Kelsey M.
Social Media Coordinator

"Keep Agency Organized and Informed"

What do you like best?

Workfront is great for keeping our agency organized and in constant communication. Because of the forms fields, it allows project creators to input all of the needed information, which limits back and forth between specialists and creators, saving a ton of time.

What do you dislike?

You're limited to time tracking within each task. I would prefer there was an overarching task for time spent doing things outside of specific tasks - such as organizing folders and campaigns. I also would like to see the recommended time eliminated. I feel it pressures employees not to take longer than requested, or if it takes them less time than suggested, that they didn't do the task well enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a ton of training. The more upfront training and catchup training you can get on the software, the better. It's a great tool, but takes some getting used to and making sure you are using it most efficiently.

It keeps our many clients projects organized. It limits the amount of back and forth between specialists and project sponsors. Workfront also helps our team members keep track of time spent on specific projects, allowing us to know which clients are taking longer and which employees are tracking a lot of hours and can't take on more new clients.

Response from Valerie of Workfront

Workfront review by John M.
Product Marketing Manager
Human Resources
(10,001+ employees)

"Useful tool for managing workflows "

What do you like best?

As a content creator in a team that uses Workfront to manage workflows in producing creative, this software helps keep everyone involved on track. I especially like the accountability it brings to individual members. If they are late with a task, or holding up an approval, it's very obvious where the bottlenecks are.

What do you dislike?

The "Tasks" can be confusing. There are parent tasks and child tasks for essentially the same task. This can lead to confusion about where people are supposed to make updates. Updates can very easily get "lost" in this jumble of seemingly redundant tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

During your evaluation phase, make sure everyone who will be using it gets a chance to weigh in on their specific needs.

Streamlining the fulfillment of creative in an in-house agency. It's definitely helped with accountability as everything is tracked in Workfront and available for everyone to see, as opposed to people being able to say they "didn't see an email" and holding up the process.

Workfront review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Project Management Platform"

What do you like best?

My favorite use of WF is the timeline management system. Our project managers input the timeline, and you can export as an Excel file, PDF, etc. It is a very simple and easy way to keep track of deadlines and overall project development. I also like WF to track SOW. Our project managers handle this as well, but right on the front page you can export the SOW and share directly with clients, or internally.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to search for projects. A lot of the times I search by project title, but they do not show up. Instead, I have to rely on the project number or ID, which is not always easily accessible. Also, I wish it were a bit more user-friendly when it comes to tagging people in posts. I oftentimes forget because the tagging field gets lost in the "updates"/comment section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WF is a wonderful project management platform. As an avid user, I feel confident in our projects' progress because of WF.

Without WF, it would be a lot harder to track the progress of our projects. It would also be harder to manage the SOW with our clients. We also use WF to store estimates, briefs, change forms, etc. which helps keep everything all in one place! I have used other project management platforms at other jobs, but WF is by far the best one I have experienced.

Workfront review by elias m.
Project Coordinator
Religious Institutions

"Using Workfront has made us better."

What do you like best?

I like the reporting functionality and the ability to build custom reports. The interface and usability of the product is second to none and the Communication methods of being able to comment on objects and allow people to respond via email and still append the reply as a log in the object has been a big win for us.

What do you dislike?

Setting up can be time consuming if you don't already have a process in place, reporting is a bit limited and sharing of information is cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workfront is not easy to use thus when you decide to go for it you should be well prepared by looking for a specialist but this software will make your company proud.

I use this software to account for my time, communicate with internal clients, track my projects from start to finish, share proofs, and get feedback. I also use this software to generate reports which help us to make major decisions in our company.

Workfront review by Steve S.
I.T. Specialist III

"Great for projects. Not for support tickets."

What do you like best?

Workfront works well for project management. You can even import a project from a 3rd party like Microsoft Project. Assign tasks and track costs, etc. The interface is simple. You can structure teams with managers and several levels of approvals. It also has a time sheet function that managers can approve weekly that shows exactly how many hours were spend on individual tickets or projects.

What do you dislike?

We have been using it for ticketing. The live status reporting is clunky and tracking is difficult. There isn't a good dashboard to see and identify tickets or projects that are out of scope or past due.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use it for project management.

Cost tracking for projects was the primary purpose of choosing this solution.

Workfront review by Lindsay E. P.
Product Marketing Specialist
Internet

"Overall great system! "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the alert email feature within Workfront - if I am tagged in a project and need to take action or review/approve a document, Workfront immediately alerts me via email., which is extremely helpful because I am not living in the system every minute of the day.

What do you dislike?

the "search" component is not very intuititive when I need to reference an old project. It would be helpful if I could search for a project from a specific timeframe and within keywords. When I search for an old project or document today, I will search for the exact name of the document and it will come up at the very bottom of the page, rather being the most relevant at the top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for project management if you are looking for a tool to use between cross-functional groups within the organization.

Benefits of the system have included faster turnaround with project completion and an overall increase in project efficiency within the team.

Workfront review by User

"Harder than it needs to be"

What do you like best?

Workfront gives you a lot of options... I mean A LOT... like, too many.

What do you dislike?

I would expect a tool like Workfront to make my job easier. That has not been the case. It could be that our team has not gotten it working the way it should be. Anyone who is thinking about using Workfront should know that there is a learning curve. You can't jump in and get it right away. It's not intuitive. With some time and effort, I'm sure it can be fantastic.

Our entire Marketing department uses Workfront. Some people here like it more than others. I'm on the creative team and it has not made my job any easier. I just want it to tell me what is on my plate and which items are highest in priority, but that hasn't been the case so far. I'm sure we have realized some benefits but in my current role, I am not aware of any.

Workfront review by Agency in Computer Software

"I Love Workfront Proof"

What do you like best?

I work at a Web Development company, doing primary front-end website development. Workfront Proof is our preferred choice to review and provide feedback during the development process. We take screenshots of the whole website and then give to the reviewer to check and make comments. Proof is very intuitive. For the reviewer, it's easy to quickly markup files/images and make comments. For the developer, it is easy to have the feedback connected to a visual and easily find and update bugs.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using Proof, it would frequently freeze or crash, forcing me to refresh the page. However, after an update a few months back, it has been much more stable.

We are solving our Quality Assurance needs, the ability to have an internal reviewer or a client evaluate our development and provide feedback. Because Proof is simple and visual in nature, we have found the communication from the client to us to be clearer than when we use other bug tracking solutions.

Workfront review by User

"Workfront for project management"

What do you like best?

Task management and timeline management is almost seamless, and I love that each team member is assigned to his/her respective task, as well as allowed to bill time to individual tasks.

It's easy to be both detail-oriented AND understanding of the big picture when working within Workfront.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes load times can lag, and I wish that it would be the default to always have a full page of tasks, rather than separating them out 1,2,3 or more pages. For new users, I wish it were a bit more intuitive, but training and hands on experience is the best way to learn within this system. Additionally, I wish that more users had administrative permissions/access, but that is more of an internal initiative to solve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in the time it will take to train and onboard new team members to the software. It'll be worth it in the long run.

Efficiency, streamlined project management, detail tracking, time tracking, accountability

Workfront review by Shane M.
Manager, Reporting and Analytics
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Review from a user for one year and an admin for two!"

What do you like best?

Some of the most useful uses of Workfront from my perspective is the capability to easily extract data via the API and add new fields when projects shift. The flow throughout the product can be simple but complicated if you would like it to be.

What do you dislike?

An easier way to mass edit projects would be great. Basically a "data import wizard". This would help when we need to change fields to accommodate new business logic.

Other than the organization and standardization of projects and task it has helped us immensely in our executive reporting needs. The API integration allows us to get data in real time, import into our in-house ETL and export results in no time. When data is out of sync or invalid, it's as easy as updating the project or communicating within updates to make the changes.

Workfront review by Collin P.
Team Manager

"Successful Project Management With Workfront"

What do you like best?

From the advantages of this program I can highlight not only the convenient management of all projects but also the ability to create reports. Thanks to this function, you can evaluate the success of each individual project. The program also allows you to work together on projects in real time.

What do you dislike?

Maybe we worked with the service not such a huge amount of time, but during this time we did not reveal any serious shortcomings. In general, our wishes are more of a recommendation. We think the service can work well without them, but these wishes can improve the work at large. For example, the backup in multiple locations could become well the additional option of the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend Workfront to companies that want to streamline work processes, manage to pass projects on time and do it qualitatively. The program allows you to configure panels, create filters and manage from one interface all tasks, resources and time. The program integrates with other services necessary for the fulfillment of project tasks.

Using Workfront we can manage and monitor all current projects at any stage. Each manager can evaluate the success and progress of their projects. Workfront provides an opportunity to streamline workflows, prioritize tasks and perform all on time.

Workfront review by ana s.
is an excellent work option because it allows you to share and discuss ideas

"it is an efficient and practical tool to maintain the management of work"

What do you like best?

It is a very practical software, its functions are very useful to manage projects and collaboration with other work teams. All this in a very dynamic and effective way that allows you to increase and improve the performance of your collaboration and give another point of view to the development of your projects

What do you dislike?

is a very efficient tool that is rare to look for the bad side but for me this aspect is that it is a bit expensive but it is worth the price and that its learning curve is a bit complicated and it takes time to understand it in a way that is efficient

It is a very beneficial tool because it facilitates the management of projects with a solid training, support which allows to improve considerably the performance of your team

Workfront review by Administrator in Education Management

"Helps with organization and efficiency"

What do you like best?

I love that each project is its own separate link yet you can display them altogether or by portfolio. Helps our team keep organized regarding all of our business units, keeps track of creative team projects that span across multiple different brands and business units.

What do you dislike?

There is no good calendar view, really hard to see exactly what's coming up this week. I wish we could see all of the projects that we needed to complete that week. If I pull a report it only lets me see tasks, which is helpful but not as helpful as it could be if it were project based or gantt-based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They don't respond quickly, if at all, to customer service emails. Pretty deplorable.

We're able to track time and assign tasks to individuals to keep our email clutter down and hold everyone accountable. We've been on time with our projects far better than before using.

Workfront review by Heather V.
Business Analyst/Project Manager

"Workfront LEAP 2019"

What do you like best?

It is very feature rich. I love the time tracking which provides insight into actuals which allows us to see how well the team is estimating their work.

What do you dislike?

Cost! We are a non profit organization and without an adequate discount we are not able to grow the user base and increase adoption!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you wish to have integration consider the price tag of Fusion. $20K is very cost prohibitive for this functionality!

As mentioned above, the time tracking is giving us insight into actual hours spent which is very enlightening when estimates are so much higher.

Workfront review by Daniel J.
Marketing Operations Manager

"Workfront Project Management"

What do you like best?

Workfront is a great tool for project management tool that has been critical in completing several big projects efficiently and on time. It has a very wide feature set for tracking progress, prioritizing tasks and projects, and collaborating with other team members. While a little daunting at first, with great support and help, it became completely essential to getting our projects done.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little hard to grasp at first, but they have great training and support to help new users. Once you learn how to use it, the power and flexibility make up for the initial learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. It has definitely helped us in our project management, so I would say give them a call and check out their demo to see if it will meet your company's needs.

Workfront has been a crucial part of helping us stay organized and on time with big projects that have a lot of moving pieces and due dates. It really helps us prioritize tasks and commit to due dates while making it easy to stick to those dates.