Adobe XD Reviews & Product Details

What is Adobe XD?

Adobe XD is built to meet the needs of today's UX/UI designers, with intuitive tools that deliver breakthrough precision and performance and make everyday tasks feel effortless.

Adobe XD Profile Details

Adobe XD Profile Details

Adobe
Description
Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.
1982

Adobe XD Reviews

1-50 of 114 total Adobe XD reviews
User Experience Designer
(Myself Only)

"Overall great catch-all tool"

What do you like best?

Interface is really easy to learn and to use. I can create high fidelity interactive prototypes really quickly that look like the final product. Love how the symbols are linked and can be easily updated across different documents.

What do you dislike?

Adobe XD doesn't support for micro interactions and you cannot link to different prototypes therefore you have to have all artboards in one file that gets slower as it gets bigger. Wish style guides could be imported for easier styling control

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe XD is great for fast design feedback iterations and for high fidelity prototyping. This is not a tool for creating micro interactions and animation

I can test prototypes really quickly and make fast interactions. I can run user feedback cycles in a very small amount of time in order to get final designs to developers really quickly and with minimal changes by the time design reaches development

(Myself Only)

"Adobe Xd is steadily growing"

What do you like best?

The inter-connectivity between all of Adobe's programs facilitates a workflow that's more efficient and familiar. Build a more elaborate piece of design in Illustrator or Photoshop and simply drag ‘n’ drop the object.in Xd. Then you can animate it in a more intricate way in After Effects. The software is extremely light, smooth, fast, fluid, and receptive—this will be evident if you've just switched from Sketch.

What do you dislike?

It is still a work in progress. There are some features that Xd currently lacks but their product team is constantly updating the software with new releases and have become more receptive to feedback than in the past. Even though it was released late to the market, it has gained a lot of momentum and continues to engage the attention of UI&UX designers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're already a paying member of the Creative Cloud subscription plan, there is nothing stopping you to try it.

Just like Figma, Xd aims to be an entire production unit from A to Z: design to interactive prototyping (without coding) to sharing the files in the cloud and handing them over for the front-end developers to gather the CSS from. It all lives in Adobe's ecosystem.

MD/ PhD /Professor Titular

"Start designing instantly in contrast with other Adobe's tools"

What do you like best?

Adobe XD is an excellent solution for designing and prototyping UX for blogs. The tool is well integrated with other Adobe software so that you can bring your files from Photoshop or Illustrator and XD will automatically convert them to the proper format. You are able to extend the application with plugins to speed up your workflow and add more powerful features. Farther, the software enables you to take benefit from timesaving tools (Grid) to quickly replicate objects, lists, etc. Also, groups of objects are automatically resized for different screens, so that manual changes take less time. AdobeXD has facilities that simplify the process of creating animations and designing smart assistants. Besides, the software is user-friendly, and you can start designing instantly in contrast with other Adobe's tools.

What do you dislike?

The software is relatively new, so it tends to crush, and the issues aren't fixed quickly. Also, it would be great if Adobe XD generates usable code.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend the UX designing solution, as it's well-integrated with other Adobe's software and enables you to save much time, because of innovative, timesaving features.

AdobeXD enables me to create posters and graphics for my blog and education projects. The software has many facilities that speed up and simplify the process. I don't need to devote time to make manual changes, as many processes are automatized.

Designer

"Adobe XD is the app for Web and Mobile UI/UX Designers"

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly create a website and app mockups and generate placeholder data for my content. This is really helpful because good website design should be focused on the design and not the text or photo content itself. My favorite function is definitely the repeating grid, which allows me to duplicate the same elements how I see fit and control the spacing between grids. I also like the shape masking function because it saves me time in which I would otherwise have to edit photos.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Adobe XD has a steep learning curve. I really had to spend a lot of time learning how to use Repeat Grids and other functionality. Once I learned how to use the tools, it becomes so much easier, but it was challenging at first. I would like for better training materials to be available. XD Snackables is a great resource for learning the basics, but even that is limited. My biggest setback though is that unlike other Adobe tools, the items are always aligned according to the top left corner of the element. I dislike this and I think there should be an option to place items according to the coordinates that I choose. Also, I often use rectangles to gauge spacing as text boxes aren't sized correctly most of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend using Adobe XD because it is one of the most powerful tools for mocking up desktop, tablet and mobile sites and applications at this time.

Right now, I am designing apps and websites for clients with XD. It has helped me to really understand how things should be properly designed and helps me show clients what the final product will look like.

Registered Radiation Therapist
Hospital & Health Care

"Adobe XD is Awesome!!!"

What do you like best?

Adobe XD is the new kid on the block and though it's relatively new to the game, it gives a mean punch. I like how it has everything I could ever need in a UI/UX Design project all into one tool. The design and prototype tool tabs are simply amazing and the concept is very nice. I also like the new Auto-Animate feature, which instantly animates something without me putting alot of effort into it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it does not yet have the collaboration tool like some of the other UI/UX Design software like Figma and it's one of the only reasons why a lot of users are not trying to make the switch to Adobe XD, however, it still has the sharing capabilities which are still very strong and i'm sure, the Adobe team is working hard to catch up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is simply amazing. There are alot of other controversial debates if you should go with other design software like Sketch or Figma, but Adobe XD is worth it, it makes life so much easier, it's efficient, quick, easy to use, and the learning curve is relatively small, so definitely worth it.

I am on a team at a non-profit charities organization where we are constanly making Visual interfaces for our year round projects for humanitarian efforts. For example making websites and apps for walkathons, health fairs, blood drives, etc. And I've realized how quickly I been able to make interfaces with XD.

Senior Designer

"One of the best tools for desining and prototyping"

What do you like best?

I love Adobe XD mainly for four reasons, see below:

1) It's integrated with the rest of the Adobe Suite, which means it's fully integrated with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Almost the same shortcuts and it feels very familiar and thanks to this the learning curve is not steep at all. All these reasons really helps speed things up.

2) It´s for design and prototyping in just one tool. No need to go from one software to another.

3) It's on Windows! Unlike Sketch for example.

4) The desktop and mobile previews are really good.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it's still fairly new and not a lot people uses it. The free version only allows for one prototype at the time, although at my company we create several prototypes at the same with an Creative Cloud suscription. Font management is still restricted to selected fonts as far as I know, it would be nice to have access to Google Fonts for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use Creative Cloud's software like Photoshop and Illustrator this piece of software is mandatory for web design. It's a very nice alternative to Sketch, InVision, Figma, etc

It helps us speed the design approval process thanks to the sharing link option, which enables us to share our prototypes with different people so they can add comments. It also helps the developer in our company understand how a design should work before actually developing the actual website or landing page.

Program Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy UI designer that has the power of drag and drop with the slickness of Adobe"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of XD. It's incredibly easy to use. Click on an artboard and then drop simple shapes to make something beautiful. It works very well for modern day "flat" UI designs. It also works for multiple device sizes, the the tool can be reused in multiple settings.

There are also additional benefits such as "repetitive" grids that make it easier to duplicate similar items. I like that we can also choose to animate our final designs to present a working mockup. Other aspects such as "layers" from other Adobe products carryover well to XD. I'm also glad that it's free - which means a low barrier of entry.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the customizations of shapes with Adobe XD can seem too minimal. The truly exposed shapes are only circles and rectangles. It's not intuitive to see how other shapes can be made.

One of the most frustrating things are about XD is when copying and pasting the images. There is no ability to crop an image. So beware when taking screenshots. Exporting an artboard as an image can also be made better. For example, you will have to save the image to disk to save an artboard. If you have a lot, it's hard to find it. I'd prefer to simply copy and paste the artboard as an image.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sketch is only for Mac. This is a good way to get into Adobe design products and easy if you already have experience with other Adobe products.

It's primarily used for UI Design and to demonstrate prototype work. The benefit on our team is that the UI team shipped an XD workbook. That allowed us to copy and paste elements over to help solve

Studio Manager
Media Production

"Incredibly lightweight and speedy design tool"

What do you like best?

How quickly the app runs even with a huge number of art boards. Illustrator or indesign would never be able to cope, let alone at the pace XD does.

What do you dislike?

The treatment of certain assets upon export. Although I don’t use this option much so it may require more knowledge. More consistency of logic with how illustrator works (pathfinder) would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have Adobe suite and are considering purchasing a prototyping solution, try this first. Adobe XD is being updated regularly and will be in line with other features we would expect in time that apps like Sketch currently have. From Beta to Now the improvement is already huge, and to have an app tied in with the rest of your Adobe Suite that prototypes well just brings a compatibility bonus and workflow bonus that other apps don't have.

Web prototyping, it is increasing boththe speed of our workflow and the level of design we can show clients in the early stages.

Graphic Designer
Design

"Not there yet"

What do you like best?

First of all I like that Adobe is attempting to break into this realm. They are behind the times when it comes to UI. They were so dominant for years with photoshop it's probably hard to see the changing landscape. I think they have the right idea with the interface and it simplicity. Naturally the integration with the adobe cloud is fantastic and typekit integration is AWESOME. It is a far better product than it's initial development beta for sure. It has solid integration with photoshop and probably the #1 thing, Adobe was very very smart in making this a FREE product. You don't have to have a CC licenses to use it.

What do you dislike?

It's just not thought out. At it's current stage it feels like beta software at best. No interface that's established for symbols. Clunky layer/clipping system and the prototyping just isn't there. If it has a chance to compete with sketch or figma it needs about double the amount of features and development time. I gave it a good shot and completed some projects but it just isn't there yet. I'll make sure to reevaluate this down the line to see if they haven't made any improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I REALLY needs some work. So don't expect sketch level community support or features. I can't say I'd recommend this to anyone really at this stage.

We did some small page mockups in it but ultimately decided that it wasn't right especially once we discovered Figma.

"Good Cross Platform design Tool"

What do you like best?

Adobe XD works across windows and mac and comes with adobe suite. That means that designers I outsource to can get and use XD affordably and I can still use it in my workflow. It is also a great looking design tool compared to Adobe's past product. Very user friendly, like they actually had modern designers working on it. Very much appreciate that!

What do you dislike?

I primarily use Sketch and while I love testing out and using new tools like XD and Studio the thing that keeps Sketch my primary design tool is the plugins. I can do just about everything I need in Sketch thanks to the plug in family, which is still lacking in tools like XD.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep waiting on it, it's improving rapidly.

Getting design work from across the globe even from people without macs so that the design output is still high quality, quick turnaround, and affordable.

User Experience Designer
Education Management

"Good and Growing"

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly with the most simple and intuitive interface I've seen for UX design. It's also cross-platform, which is great for designers using windows.

What do you dislike?

A lot of major features that other products already have are still in development and not yet available, but the team is pretty good about listening to user feedback on their request forum.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Major updates are released every month or so, if a big feature you want is missing, be sure to mention it on XD's feature request forum. They're very active and pretty good at listening to their users. It's also free right now, so there's no reason not to try it.

It's cross platform with frequent updates and is included in the CC suite, which my team was already using. We use it for software interface design.

Creative Lead

"Handy Tool for Non UI/UX Designers"

What do you like best?

 The design tools are familiar. I can quickly figure out all how to use it without going through a bunch of tutorial videos. The program itself is light and opens fast. It still preforms quite well when having a large number of artboards. XD is fully integrated with other Adobe’s programs. Just like how you use PS, AI and ID, you can copy&paste elements directly from other programs into XD.

What do you dislike?

You need adobe CC to view or edit the project files. No way to export single element as vector to Illustrator. There is no real image editing tools, you will need other programs to edit then import to XD. There is no layer feature, so it's not handy if you want to select multiple ungrouped elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although XD is missing some of the core features over Sketch, it's more like a mix of basic Sketch and invision. It's a great toll for those who just want to create simple prototypes and share with others as quickly as possible.

I used Adobe XD for Company website rebranding project. Because we didn't have UI/UX designer in the team at the moment, so I had taken over the wireframe task. Compare to Sketch, Adobe XD was easier to get started for people who don't have UI/UX experience. It saved me a lot of time.

Designer

"Great vector based designing and prototyping software for web and mobile apps"

What do you like best?

It has a simple, clean and super easy user interface which is super easy to learn If you are familiar with any of Adobe products. Color filling options in shapes I like the most. Prototyping your design is the most advanced function in it. Create unlimited artboards on the single workspace which is so useful to work on all designs.

What do you dislike?

Xd comes up with limitations, It's only used to create web and app design. We can't make the illustration and other graphics because of its limitations in tools.

Most important is that it should have the functions in the pen tool to add and delete anchor points to make the perfect shape.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best software for UI/UX designers. I highly recommend it for making web and mobile app designing.

I solve most of my UI/UX problems on it by making wireframes, design, and prototypes and share it with my colleagues. It's super easy and interactive in terms of making shapes, filling colors in shapes.

Software Engineer

"Build amazing User Interface with Adobe XD"

What do you like best?

What I most like about this Adobe XD is creating amazing interface for both the app and web application,

Its easy to learn and do lot of interesting things with the XD, the interface and the options are very similar to other adobe products which helps to easily understand the software environment. and make the user friendly graphical user interface.

And then exporting the resource with as we want in different resolutions.

What do you dislike?

The thing which I don't like is that it works with the high end system , not works perfectly with old system which has low configuration or old processor.

Its not the big deal to user upgraded system to achieve good work done with the help of such a software ,

Adobe did good thing with this software , I recommended to any new comer to first hands on with this to get your wire-frame or template related work done.

It gives lot of things freely without any penny. so you may use it learn and earn with this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I really recommendation to everyone who wan'ts to learn and earn from a very interactive tool of making user interface / Wire-frame and lot of other template to present the client

With the help of this we can manage to create lot of interesting, user interface and the other thing which I resolve the client droughts with real view of application which we make when its finished

"Design your app interface"

What do you like best?

I discovered Adobe XD with pleasure. Previously, when I had to design the interface for an app, I used only Illustrator, but obviously with limits. Now with XD everything is easier, I can add interactivity between the screens and offer a complete prototype to my customers, even publishing on an online link.

What do you dislike?

XD can only improve. For example, it does not allow the insertion of videos or hmtl codes, or even animated gifs. It would also be intriguing to include slideshows or gallery simulations to make sure that the prototype is more and more faithful to how the app will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a software that can not miss for a UI / UX designer who in everyday life designs interfaces for applications or websites. It is easy to use but effective and professional, with excellent compatibility with Illustrator and Photoshop.

I have created different interfaces for applications or even for websites, offering a more complete view to the customer, publishing online the interactive prototype.

Executive project manager

"Adobe XD - Review"

What do you like best?

Adobe XD is an Adobe tool for designing applications and websites. The main advantage of Adobe XD is the fact that the package has a free plan, another of the significant advantages of this solution is the fact that Adobe XD has a clear interface that facilitates work on the prototype/project. Using the program is very simple and enjoyable there is a possibility to share your work with your team, on your computer using links or mobile application available for free on Android, as well as IOS. It is worth mentioning that Adobe XD is compatible with formats of other Adobe tools thanks to which we can transfer our graphic design to Adobe XD in no time at all.

What do you dislike?

While using Adobe XD I didn't notice any significant drawback except the fact that the beginnings of the program are quite difficult due to a large number of functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a front-end developer or a graphic designer, you should consider trying Adobe XD, because it will allow you to create a prototype of an application/web page in a flash.

Thanks to using Adobe XD I can make a prototype of the design, which I can then present to the client, so I can make improvements at the design level.

(Myself Only)

"Excellent program for app developers"

What do you like best?

The positive parts of this program are numerous. Its ease makes the development of app interfaces very fast. Great to show the customer all the features of an app still in development. I recommend using the software to all website developers or smartphone apps, above all for those who have to convince the customer by making a real use of the project. The ease of use. after exporting the files, the customer can try the app or website.

What do you dislike?

The negative parts are the limited possibility of total customization of the entire interface. Often the prgram has block monitors, and it is impossible to continue the work. With very large and elaborate projects the software starts to slow down or there are no problems with exporting XD files. Sometimes collaboration with other adobe programs is not perfect

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using the software to all website developers or smartphone apps. Above all for those who have to convince the customer by making a real use of the project

The benefits obtained with adobe xd are directly related to the relationship with the customer. The ease of use. after the export of the files, it means that the client can try out the real use of the project with the hand, making, if necessary, the modifications necessary for the realization of the project. The direction is right but include the ability to program the app with a system similar to that used by muse

(Myself Only)

"Complete User Experience design"

What do you like best?

XD is a complete software for creating graphical interfaces. Perfect for both desktop and touch applications, such as smartphones and tablets. Certainly the best choice for a UI / UX designer, allows the import of drawing boards from both Photoshop and Illustrator and this greatly optimizes the workflow.

What do you dislike?

I would add other touch gestures, like pinch and zoom, double tap, 3d touch. Missing the possibility to insert effects in the same table, without necessarily having to create others to insert the opening of a menu or the selection of a simple box. Furthermore, there is no export to pdf, which would still be a welcome option.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's the best choice, especially because with the latest upgrades the functions have increased, with the inclusion of the Auto-Animate function, with the timing and the possibility of installing plug-ins created by other developers.

I create graphical interfaces for desktops and smartphones for work, and the creation of an interactive prototype is fundamental to allow the customer to understand the logic, the functionality and the interaction between the various screens that make up the project. There is also the possibility of sharing the various phases of the project, downloading the XD application for smartphones and tablets and displaying the real operation in this way.

Independent Contractor
Computer & Network Security

"My Adobe XD Review"

What do you like best?

I like how it's all in one place for my UI/UX Design. Prototype and Design tools, all in one. I don't have to switch around multiple apps. I can easily share files online with the share tool and its amazing- though it can still be alot more. The best feature I have fallen in love with is the Auto Animate tool. I can easily prototype and give amazing animation effects with just a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there isn't an online collaboration tool with this software. Something like Figma where I can send it to stakeholders for review and they can tell me through the online version, some critiques. I also dislike how the power behind the plugins not on par with some of the other tools in UI/UX Design. It could still use a little more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an amazing product/ tool to have in your toolkit, and it's the future of UI and UX Design. It will only get better. If you or someone are thinking that this is just in it's beginning phases, think again because this really packs a punch. It can really by replaced with all of the other tools and all you need is this one tool for it all.

I'm helping to make products whether they be mobile, desktop, or computer. Also helping to solving complex business problems and making refining the user experience. Another thing is increasing audience retention with the events that happen on an annual basis.

Member
(Myself Only)

"Powerful UI/UX designing software product"

What do you like best?

It’s really a light weight software app. Easy to use. A single software to design the UI and UX prototyping. Very usefull plugin supports.

What do you dislike?

I use photoshop CS3 and xd for my UI designing. While I export my CS3 design to xd, the color saturation is different. It’s really mess that we can’t decide the color hexa value in xd for UI design. For prototyping, for the creation of animation to the design, xd doesn’t offer any export to ‘Flinto’ like feature so that we can create some animation to the UI,

As a user if adobe products, the xd is really good tool that helped me to do my Ui/UX design works in an ease.

Web developer

"xd is amazing free"

What do you like best?

the features that are with any other paid software.Specially I am using the plugins that was suppored in the XD.

What do you dislike?

I still think a few things are missing in that. What if someone wants to create photographs? in cannot be created in xd. Not just a photogrpahs all the gifs files too,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

you will be able to complete the desired task using the default features of the XD. But also from plugins availability as a user is amazing

I am creating a website and that was created in xd first to pitch the idea. Also. That was my inspiration before creating a website.

"UI / UX Design for web and devices"

What do you like best?

Software that was missing from Adobe, it integrates seamlessly with Illustrator and Photoshop and allows you to create an entire user interface project with the creation of a final interactive prototype, which can be easily viewed on your smartphone thanks to the Cloud and the possibility to connect the device via USB.

What do you dislike?

There are still some tools that allow the possibility to insert pull-down menus, sliders, galleries, which can give added value to the interactive prototype realized and shown to the customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Surely the best software to create interactive prototypes of applications, also for simplicity and for the ability to integrate with other Adobe software, such as Illustrator and Photoshop.

I have created several wireframes and prototypes for mobile applications, to be shown to my clients thanks to online publication. The results were professional and the customers appreciated.

Freelance Graphic Designer
Graphic Design

"Wireframes with ease!"

What do you like best?

I'm not a web or app developer but when I want to play around with wireframes this program is my go too. It's so simple to use not a lot of tools to bog you down and it's light on my laptop.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that sometimes it takes a little bit to load up on my laptop. Also once you first start using the mockup tools you can get really caught up with all the different stuff you can do with it. So that could be a little daunting at first but once you mess with it a little it evens itself out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is heading in the right direction, I just wish Adobe would change their pricing for their programs.

I can layout designs ideas for my website when I update it. It allows me to play with the versatility of the designs and ease of the site.

Freelance Writer
Internet

"Best tool to create your dream prototype"

What do you like best?

There are lot of things, which I like very much.

Adobe XD change my way of designing websites. Its really hard to design Website using Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator When compared to Adobe Experience Design.

The best part i not only I can design the look also I can give user experience for other even without write 100s of lines of codes

What do you dislike?

Like I said before, This is one of the best tool available online for prototyping but this also has major flaws.

After last update, Sometime, while design space button stops working sometime it hangs, Need to restart the app.

Its better if they add hover and same art board linking option in prototype

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am telling about XD to every designer I know

When I works with Photoshop, like may other designers, I face the problem with layers and exporting time was really painful. After completing the design, its very hard to explain how the sites work but with Prototyping features of XD, all these drags are taken out. Most importantly, Its free, so lot of young designer can try it out

Junior Web Designer

"Neat PDF for clients"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to make PDF's editable, from creating forms and esigning them on a computer. I use Adobe XD to make our PDF's Professional. It makes our pdf's look nice and professional vs our competition. I also love the ability to save our signature and sign files without having to print and scan them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the accuracy on the way that Adobe XD reads files. Sometime it will change words completely if it is unable to understand it. This makes you proofread the file multiple times to ensure Adobe XD didn't change anything

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using Adobe XD will not only make your company look more professional, it'll make gathering data and filling out papers online easier.

With Adobe XD, are making responsive PDF's that allow our employees to get contract signatures on the spot. This solves the problem printing and signing files then having to scan in those files into the computer.

Digital Web and Marketing Analyst

"Excited to see where it goes"

What do you like best?

Adobe XD is already a great UI/UX and prototyping tool, but one of my favorite parts is that it isn't fully completed yet. It is still a new product so updates and new features are released all the time, and what makes this so great is that Adobe really listens to what the users want. They support a very active group for XD where you can report bugs and suggest features.

What do you dislike?

Currently, some aspects of XD are quite limited, though I do feel that some of this may be changing. The main problem for myself is the very lacking photo editing capabilities in XD. I currently have to edit my photos in Photoshop and import them into XD for even the simplest of editing i.e. rotating, resizing, reflecting, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Become active in Adobe's boards and join the discussion! If you don't like something, now is the time to let your voice be heard!

We are designing new applications and redesigning our current websites and use XD for UI/UX design and prototyping.

Systems & Methods Head, Data Protection Officer

"Sketch no more with Adobe XD!"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about Adobe XD is the closeness of the interface to other Adobe products like Photoshop. There are also a lot of tutorials available on the Adobe site or on Youtube. The best part is that it is FREE and I hope it stays like that! It is also available on Windows unlike Sketch which is only available for the Mac OS.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is that Recording prototypes is not currently supported in Adobe XD on Windows. Also anything Adobe is a real resource hogger because of the many plugins loaded. Also the interoperability with other software such as Affinity Designer is non-existent which I don't think will happen anytime soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

People looking at creating prototypes on the Windows 10 OS should be closely looking at installing Adobe XD.

We all know building prototypes in the PAST requires several people on board for the UI and the backend coding. WIth Adobe XD, you just need someone great in building UX / UI kits and you can now have a prototype for your web or mobile app. Adobe also has a lot of complementing software to make work easier and faster with the entire Adobe Creative Cloud suite at the disposal of the designer.

"Intro to Adobe Xd"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Tutorial introduction and walk-through. Integration and likeness to other products in the Adobe suite. Cropping images into shapes is awesome! I really enjoyed using it and felt that the interface was intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Because Adobe Xd is newer, it doesn't have as many customizable or unique prototyping transitions, features, or animations when compared to InVision. Sometimes I had an idea in mind and because there's this lack of options, it was difficult to research or experiment to find out if what I had in mind is even possible within Adobe Xd. As the product matures, I assume it will become more user-friendly and adaptable in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just jump in and try it out!

Allows seamless design and prototyping in one place. Easily imports images and assets. If you're experienced with other Adobe products, then this one is quite easy to learn.

"Good for UX Design"

What do you like best?

Adobe XD is good for creating mockups for websites or applications. My favorite part about it is that there is also an iPhone app with this that lets you preview how websites or applications will look like on the device. I also like how I can link the different pages together to show what would happen when a person clicks a certain thing.

What do you dislike?

I strongly disliked the interface of Adobe XD. It starts off with a blank canvas and if you are a beginner to UX Design, then you will be very confused as to where to begin. It took me a long time to finally figure out how to work around the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's good to use but can just be time-consuming because there are no templates you can use. You have to do everything from scratch.

I used Adobe XD in order to create a new mockup landing page for the solutions section of our website. This was was great for that. A business problem that can be solved is creating mockups of websites, whether its for an update or for a whole new website.

UX/ UI designer
Design

"Adobe XD not yet there"

What do you like best?

1. I think XD is pretty fast as compared to photoshop, especially for those designers I think XD is pretty fast as compared to photoshop, especially for those using windows OS.

2. For simple prototyping also Xd is good enough to get by with.

3. I also like the feature of importing your photoshop files into XD, its so much helpful, but there are a few bug while importing such files too.

What do you dislike?

1. I think there is a lot to improve on for XD, they are pretty slow in developing their product and take soo much of time. They had actually launched 3 years back as project comet and they are still in the beta mode. I think if you compare XD to figma or sketch, i would feel XD is lacking a lot. and way behind in the game.

2. Also there are many features that cannot be used and are just not there in XD, it is so much needed.

3. Heavy vector illustrations are also a problem to import from illustrator, it just makes the XD file so heave and crashes at the end.

4. Adding interactions and animations to XD will be a great help to make it a better product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think for the moment i would not recommend XD for UI design as there are really a whole lot of other features that they need to add.

In terms of wireframing i feel it is good enought o be used by UX designer.

1. Well it helps us develop a better product overall, its faster than Photoshop, and easier to use too.

2. Prototyping in Xd and showing it to clients is really helpful as they have a feature to include passwords also for their prototyps.

UP

"Easy to use wireframing tool"

What do you like best?

I love how they implemented Illustrator tools for graphics creation making it easy to make quick graphics as you're working on the wireframes without having to switch to another program, design, export then import into XD.

What do you dislike?

It would be very helpful if there were a way to export wireframes and have them talk directly to Xcode to maintain layout constraints, it would save everyone a TON of work not having to deal directly with Xcode's auto layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch Paul Trani's tutorials on XD before getting started, they're very helpful and will make your experience very smooth.

Switching from making wireframes in Photoshop. PSD files are very big and trying to design a full app can take up most of your computer's memory as you add more artboards. XD is lightweight and very user friendly.