Yardi Breeze Reviews & Product Details

Yardi Breeze Overview

What is Yardi Breeze?

Take control of your property marketing, leasing, accounting and operations with Yardi Breeze. Your entire portfolio can be managed with one refreshingly simple solution that supports residential, commercial, affordable, PHA, manufactured housing, condo/associations and self storage markets. Breeze saves you time and money while streamlining tasks around marketing, leasing, rent collection, maintenance, financial reporting and more. Easy-to-use web portals for applicants, renters and owners make it easier than ever to collect and track payments online. Trust that your reports are accurate with Yardi’s built-in real estate accounting system. Receive maintenance requests, assign vendors and track progress from a single dashboard. Unlimited live chat and online Help Center ensure you always get fast, industry-leading support when you need it. For enhanced capabilities, see Yardi Breeze Premier. Unlock automated invoice processing, job costing, custom reporting, menu-level security controls and more. No matter which platform is right for you, check out why thousands of businesses choose Yardi Breeze and Yardi Breeze Premier.

Yardi Breeze Details

Property management software built for small to mid-sized owners and managers of residential and commercial real estate

Yardi
1982
Santa Barbara, CA
@Yardi
4,506 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Yardi is dedicated to the design, development, and support of real estate investment management and property management software. They offer full business solutions for every real estate market, including multifamily, single family, affordable, public, senior and military housing as well as office, industrial, and retail market segments.

Yardi Breeze Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Yardi Breeze community
Have you used Yardi Breeze before?

Yardi Breeze Reviews

Showing 25 Yardi Breeze reviews
Already have Yardi Breeze?
Owner
What do you like best?

There are many things to like about Yardi Breeze. So it's hard to pick one. But if we were to pick one, we really like that our residents have choices when it comes to pay their rent. They can pay in CVS or 7 Eleven (which unlike an office or bank are open longer hours in some places til 10pm. Paying through those stores is super easy for them. They have a barcode in their phone, it gets scanned by the person who works at the store, resident pays, and we get a text notification that the rent was paid. Even though residents can also pay through the App in their phone from the comfort of their own houses, believe it or not, some of them even during the pandemic, like to use cash or don't have a checking account or perhaps don't trust anyone with their financial info so they prefer to pay with cash using CVS or 7 Eleven and they get a printed receipt for their records. The best part is that as soon as resident pay using cash.. we get a text message notifying us of who paid. The residents love the choices and we love the fact that they are happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Learning the Yardi Breeze takes time, just like learning anything new. You have to dedicate it some time and be patient so you can learn how to use the software properly. We attended all the webinars and started the implementation. Yardi Breeze does a really good job with tech support. They are always available to answer your questions. But the reality is that if you don't invest the time to learn it and go through the unexpected things that come from using a new software, it won't pay off. But I guess you cannot blame them for that. I had a few hiccups along the way and after not being able to get it solved with the regular tech people, my case was elevated and the person who took over was very friendly, available, and knowledgeable. So if you are patient, you will get the help you need from them. And of course, once everything is running, you need to get the residents to buy into it and not use the old system (for us it was going to the bank to pay for the rent). This took lots of calls to the tenants. So it was somewhat stressful. But after everyone is on board, you never look back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to get residents telling us that they couldn't make it to the bank to pay for their rent during the regular bank hours and it's understandable. With Yardi, we don't have to worry about that any more. Some times when the grace period would fall under a holiday, residents couldn't pay in the bank because it was closed. Now, they can pay any day of the week. It makes it convenient for them, and straight forward for the residents who don't pay on time. Since we started using Yardi Breeze, our late payments have decreased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Controller
What do you like best?

Yardi Breeze is able to do the annual CAM reconciliation. I also like how responsive the Yardi Breeze support team is when I have a question. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I am not able to customize the tenant invoice or statement template for each property. But I am told they are working on it. One other request I have made is that I would like Yardi Breeze to automatically calculate and update the tenants' monthly CAM charges once I create the annual budgets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are tired of Excel spreadsheets to help you manage your property, manually tracking rent increases and preparing CAM reconciliations, but don't want some complicated software transition, then now is the time to contact Yardi Breeze for a demo. This software is tailored specifically for property management, from the owners and property manager, down to the accounting staff. There is something in Yardi Breeze to make everyone's job easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workflow and tracking accounts payable has always been a challenge. With Yardi Breeze, we are now able to process our AP and know where we are in the workflow at all times. We are also able to attach copies of the invoices to the AP in Yardi, so no more papers getting lost in the shuffle or forgotten on someone's desk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Ease of use. Intuitive navigation. Mobile use. I love the fact that I can use this on the fly on my cell phone. All I have to do is click the brower into desktop mode and I have full use of the cloud software. If I leave the browser in mobile mode, the software capabilities shrink a little bit. I can record and pay bills, check credit reports, send notices to pay rent, etc. on the fly all while being somewhere other than my office desk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't need to use 100% of the features. The software is so powerful that we probably only use 40% of the capabilities and are still amazed at the results. Real Estate has so many sub-industries that the software is flexible enough to meet the needs of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monthly reports are the best. This software is a great marketing tool to show new clients that they will be delighted with the data presented. Tenants love the payment portal and maintenance request form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that i can manage my tenants, manage my financials and provide all the information owners need to know if they are profitable or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup for tenants could be easier they shouldnt have to enter so much information and find there property it should just be as eask as just adding and email and password to register their account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a system that can help you manage everything you need concerning properties and finances Yardi Breeze is just the one. I went from a system that was double the cost and only let you do maintence issues and assign tenants everything else was tracked in spreahsheets we created so happy to have a system that does everything I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This program solved the problem we were having with keeping track of profitablility of over 50 units. The benefit of having everyting at a click of the mouse. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and simple. You get what you put into it. We have focused on being more diligent with the files we have uploaded, and have seen a big difference when people ask us questions, and we can immediately find answers / documents required. Being organized for tenants, owners, investors, accountants, lawyers, auditors, etc. makes a huge difference and we have found that with Yardi. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We use Breeze to run the construction side of our company as well. It was not built for that, so we have had some problems, but there are always work arounds which we are getting better at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Yardi is a simple way to keep track of tenant statements. Before we had to go into our accounting software and pull each month, and then scroll down to each tenant to find what payments they made and where. Also, we would have to manually separate what is their basic rent and what is their CAM. Now with Yardi we can simple print a report that breaks out each of those parts. Been a big help that way. Also, paying vendors. We have not missed a payment since being with Yardi. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kyrie Belme of Yardi Breeze

Hi Craig,

It's great to hear that Breeze has made communicating timely information to your clients and business partners easy. If you'd like to talk about construction software, we might be able to help you in that area. And our customer support experts are available to review your setup to see if we can streamline things even more. Thanks for your great feedback!

Sincerely,

Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze

amy.varbel@yardi.com

Graphic Designer
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like that it is an easy solution to manage multiple types of locations in one platform. I also like the availability of support through live training, chat, and the detailed help instructions. The accounts payable and accounts receivable platforms are easy to use and understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding process was not smooth and led to several issues later in our accounts. I also find that bank recs can be a struggle due to how items are posted. We also with that the maintenance platform were more robust to help eliminate the need for other software for that team i.e. better tracking of assets and an app for the maintenance team to use in the field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Yardi Breeze we are able to have less staff members which has saved us quite a bit of money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The ability to copy payments / check information-very helpful to not have to key in each time if payments are similar or the same for each months' checks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The support is all by chat. It takes far longer to get problems solved. If phone support was more readily available it would be helpful. Suggestion that the "help desk" is have 1 or 2 reps per client to have continuity. Not sure if this is possible.

It is difficult to resolve problems, such as tenant ledger issues, that may have been created years ago when the functionality was not as good. This comes up fairly frequently-at least 4-6 times per year and the issues are difficult to untangle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easier phone access to their help desk, consistency in relationship with technical people Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

User friendly functions make work faster. JEs are easy to do, banking, reports are easily accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

I've been in Property Management for 20 years and have used a lot of accounting software and Yardi is by far the best out there. From the online payments for residents to the 2 and 3 step invoice approvals, its easy to set and easy to use. You can even suggest improvements and they will do their best in implement whatever you need. Customer Service is literally at your finge tips and always willing to help, if you need it. I'm a huge fan of Yardi. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike... um, maybe contract pricing but that can always be negotiated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Yardi Breeze and Breeze/Premier, you won't regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've solved the issue with tenant invoiceing. Tenants can now see their statements online through Rent Cafe and can set up recurring payments that post directly to tenant ledgers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Vice President
What do you like best?

1. Powerful search engine. It's easy to find any information within the database.

2. Mobile use. Just wish it worked on the iPhone. iPad works beautifully

3.Reporting. Many built-in reports cover a broad range of information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. The Yardi Gate Agent is broken. There is no connectivity between Yardi and my gate management software.

2. Forced to take a payment when moving in a new tenant. Sometimes it's convenient to move them in and take the payment later.

3. Forced to do batches even if I only want to take one payment or write one check. To be fair, there are workarounds for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Yardi reporting makes it easy to keep owners informed with e-mailed reports and the owner's portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Yardi Breeze is the Dashboard. It's convenient to have access to the information that I prefer to use the most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a place to add notes for conversations and correspondence sent. It's a little frustrating to have to build a separate spreadsheet just for that. The software does not allow for addresses with fractions. That's really inconvenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem of having to be physically in the office has been nearly eliminated. No longer am I tied to the office desktop computer. Yardi is with me remotely, wherever I may go. As well, I'm enjoy that tenants can view their accounts, and soon I can reduce the number of phone calls that are balance due or account specific. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Property Manager
What do you like best?

I love the resident interactions. They are able to contact us without having to come into the office. They are able to submit work orders and requests and pay online Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more screening functionality. Giving us the recommendation vs just the stats. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Breeze is definitely a great system for smaller property owners/managers. Definitely organizes details and brings the interface that residents in any community expect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Definitely solving the problem of having tons of paper. Going paperless especially during the time of COVID has been awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Its so simple to use, and when you get stuck on a subject, I love the chat option for instant, or quick response. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am having a bit of trouble starting up. Adding all my accounting information right from the start. Probably easy for a new business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love the maintenance records, and the way you can keep records of maintenance performed in each unit. So valuable to have that history. And you can e-mail the maintenance request to the member who turned in the work order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kyrie Belme of Yardi Breeze

Hi Shirley,

It's always nice to hear that we are making good on our mission to deliver "refreshingly simple software." Live chat is one of our favorite features, so please continue to take advantage of it. Have you already discussed adding accounting information with our support team? I'd be happy to set you up with a client support expert if you'd like assistance. Thank you for your feedback!

Sincerely,

Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze

amy.varbel@yardi.com

AR
What do you like best?

It is easy to set up and utilize. There's also plenty of help available via tutorials of agents that you can chat with. There's so many great features, like the ability to import data and ways to share information with owners via the owner portals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We've had some issues with move ins/move outs or rent not posting the following months for new tenants that we entered in Yardi the month prior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Yardi has been making prepaid rent easier to handle. Also, the ability to pull up all the different types of reports-- whether they be owner/vendor ledgers or AR reports--has made things easier and saved us a great deal of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Director
What do you like best?

The design of Yardi Breeze allows a novice user to navigate the software with ease and without time-consuming training. If an issue does arise that requires assistance, their chat feature is there to quickly save the day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A great addition to the software would be implementing a calculator when you are creating a payable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reporting issues that we had before. Creating financial reports is so much easier with Breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bookkeeper
What do you like best?

I love the fact that the tenants can pay online and how easy it is to help them set it up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports that we were used to using in YardiGenesis2 are not on Breeze Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since our tenants have been able to pay online, our AR has come down Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the customer service. Having the Chat With Us feature is the most useful tool of all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an in-person training, even if it was web based. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Breeze helps me organize my rentals. Having one place for all of my information is a game-changer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Yardi Breeze is user friendly. The simplicity makes commercial property accounting easy. It is accessible for the property managers and the accounting team. Yardi Breeze customizable for different property types and needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A few of the more in-depth reports are not available like they are in Yardi Voyager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Commercial property management accounting. This is a benefit to my entire team for enforcing lease terms, tracking tenant charges and payments and processing property expenses and financial statements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy for a property manager on site to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The accounting tree feature & reconciliation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Needed on site managers to have a high level software to assist in management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Breeze was easy to use out of the box. The daily, weekly and monthly tasks were self explanatory Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dislike would be with AP. I came from a prior Yardi version where you input the total voucher/check amount then input the line items. if they totaled you can proceed if not it held you on the screen until both amounts were equal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have no current problems. issues with the system at this time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Well organized, easy to track owners, tenants and properties Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Over priced, sometimes confusing ways to find certain things in the program that are needed. Unclear on how to use certain things without requiring assistance from support staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good product for a larger company. Otherwise, its too expensive for a small business starting out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While using the product I was solving the tracking issue with customers and keeping good track of communication with all parties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The sales department and customer support people are very nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program lacks many of the fundamental things required for a property manager. It lacks any CRM or tracking of contacts. This is a much needed feature because you need to be able to communicate with more than just a tenant.

There is not a reasonable way to interface with QuickBooks or any accounting software.

Yardi cannot link to 3rd party programs like Gmail, Voip services, texting is only 1 way which creates confusion and missed appointments with vendors. It requires you to enter information in multiple systems which simply isn't required with the other management software.

Yardi also has the problem of not being supported by 3rd party companies. An example is our maintenance company cannot link with the program to handle the maintenance. This is not a problem for Appfolio or Propertyware.

Yardi is unable to handle marketing or automated follow up with tenants or future tenants. This creates copious amounts of double entries and extra work. Again these are free features built in to other property management software.

Yardi directs all of your tenants and owners to their "Rent Cafe" page which we have found to be very impersonal and bloated with irrelevant information. This creates extra work because we have to continually answer questions about the miss information posted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fortunately the good property management software solutions like Appfolio and Propertyware. Do your research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We tested the product thinking it would help some of our managers with fewer doors. It is lacking so many fundamental features you simple cannot use it to manage properties in today's economy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CYD Case Manager
Individual & Family Services
What do you like best?

Easy to organize multi family units and manager function Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be time consuming to learn the software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organization of apartment management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Lots of versatility and ability to manage property well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no app, no quickbooks interface or integration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

properly manage and account for property income and expenses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

was, for the most part, a very simple user experience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there was nothing that i disliked.I did not have much experience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we used yardi breeze for more day to day tasks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.