AMS360

3.6

AMS360 is agency management software that enables you to focus on the heart of your business - your customers. It streamlines accounting, automates manual processes, and enables seamless connections with carriers, so you can dedicate more time to your customers and prospects.

Work for AMS360?

Learning about AMS360?

AMS360 Reviews

Ask AMS360 a Question
Showing 38 AMS360 reviews
AMS360 review by Zarina S.
Zarina S.

"Great tool, gets the job done! "

What do you like best?

What I like best about the tool is that there are tons of fields, in regards to the user interface and user experience it is fairly easy to use and easy to learn and navigate.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about the tool is it's hard to make changes and the reports are outdated. The only other thing i dislike about the tool, when we acquire new companies and convert them to AMS360 the tool starts to run much slower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When considering a tool like AMS360 I'd think about the primary use-cases and what problems are you trying to solve with a tool like this, I think there are other tools out there that would be a lot better. But for the most part, I like this tool and it's easy to use for me, I know some people in our company don't actually like it.

Some of the problems we were trying to solve with AMS360 is having a CRM system so we are able to bill our clients, bank reconciliation, cut check and pay vendors. We are able to run reports. It gets the job done!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about AMS360
AMS360 review by Jill R.
Jill R.

"Superb portfolio"

What do you like best?

I cherish having the capacity to redo my reports. I likewise simply love the simplicity of the item itself. It is, very easy to understand as I would like to think. Likewise, there are huge amounts of preparing contributions and you're consequently separated of a vast gathering, the system of Vertafore Users so it makes it much less demanding. I'm another User inside the item thus far I don't have an excessive number of objections.

What do you dislike?

Beginning on it is troublesome except if you think about the item and go over the preparation recordings that Vertafore, the item maker, gives on Vertafore University.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that whoever is your director truly utilizes it to its fullest degree. There are a ton of adjustable capacities that can represent the moment of truth your workflow(s). Generally, it is an extraordinary item in the event that you need a decent administration framework regardless of what estimate office or association. From individual experience, figuring out how to carry out my responsibility went a ton smoother utilizing AMS360 being new to the Insurance Industry. There are a ton of capacities and abilities, so ensure your administrator client truly utilizes it to it's fullest and it will be justified, despite all the trouble.

Keeping things composed and on track. Client contacts, simplicity of installment framework, bookkeeping is simpler. We can do our payments. We can run our reestablishments and have them within reach each day-helping us go paperless. We can connect our clients directly over from 360 to our PL Rater so we don't need to invest energy entering the data again sparing us time. Encourages us me more effeciant.

What Insurance Agency Management solution do you use?

AMS360 review by Sagar R.
Sagar R.

"AMS360 - Agency's best friend"

What do you like best?

Firstly let me come clean. I come from HawkSoft background and been using it over 8 years now. When I started working for new agency who uses AMS360, I have no choice but to learn this new (for me) system. It took over a week to learn simple things in AMS360. Had to take someone's help to learn tasks like attaching files, creating suspense. Its been over a month but I still haven't got used to AMS360's UI. It feels different and un-necessary complex. But AMS360 offers seamless integration with PL Rating and submitting a quote for existing customer is breeze through AMS360. So if you use PL Rating, then you must have AMS360. Features I like about AMS360 are export (Single Tran Export), all policy data available at a glance, policy edit mode vs view mode. And I am sure I would like more about it as I get trained on it more.

What do you dislike?

UI could have been better. It takes some time to get used to the UI. Allows only one session per one user at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seamless integration with PL Rating makes lives easier.

1000s of customer records are being added/maintained/updated in AMS360 and seamless integration with PL Rating helps a lot.

AMS360 review by Brittany B.
Brittany B.

"AMS360 - Basic User"

What do you like best?

I love being able to customize my reports. I also just love the ease of the product itself. It is very, very user-friendly in my opinion. Also, there are tons of training offerings and you're automatically apart of a large group, the network of Vertafore Users so it makes it a lot easier. I'm a new User within the product and so far I don't have too many complaints.

What do you dislike?

Starting out on it is difficult unless you study the product and go over the training videos that Vertafore, the product producer, provides on Vertafore University.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that whoever is your administrator really uses it to its fullest extent. There are a lot of customizable functions that can make or break your workflow(s). Overall, it is a great product if you need a good management system no matter what size agency or organization. From personal experience, learning how to do my job went a lot smoother using AMS360 being new to the Insurance Industry. There are a lot of functions and capabilities, so make sure your admin user really uses it to it's fullest and it will be worth it.

Keeping things organized and on track.

AMS360 review by Christy M.
Christy M.

"Vertafore AMS360"

What do you like best?

We love 360! It works great for our business. It ties everything in so easy to us for us. Love the look of the screens, our banking system that ties in with our customer accounts. We can run our renewal list tool which is great for our retention.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features we don't think we are taking full advantage of everything it has to offer. I wish we could add an alert notification, that pops up when you open up a customer. Searching for customers sometimes is hard -by having to change search parameters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the easiest softwares I have found to use.

Customer contacts, ease of payment system, accounting is easier. We can do our commissions. We can run our renewals and have them at hand every day- helping us go paperless. We can bridge our customers right over from 360 to our PL Rater so we don't have to spend time entering the information again saving us time. Helps us me more effeciant.

AMS360 review by Bruce G.
Bruce G.

"The only thing they do well is the general ledger"

What do you like best?

Solid accounting, though cumbersome. Since 1998, I've had only once system failure that required an SQL fix.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything else. We went from the in-house version to the hosted "cloud" version and it was a giant step backwards. COIs don't pull information correctly, the field sizes are too small, load time is horrible, and don't even think about doing document merges.

Agency management only.

AMS360 review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Office Manager"

What do you like best?

I love their customer service, and chat now option.

What do you dislike?

The turn around for employees- my contact is never the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this company. They have different package options in case you're not needing something huge or if you're not interested in everything they offer. They build a package to fit your needs.

I'm using AMS360 to manage customer's accounts, same them money, and save myself time. The major benefit of AMS360 is that everything you need to manage a customer's account is in one spot. AMS360 has everything we need through one company verses using 3-4 different companies.

AMS360 review by Agency in Financial Services
Agency in Financial Services

"If you love AT&T, you might like Vertafore - I prefer Verizon..."

What do you like best?

Larger community of users, tech support number is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Cumbersome, slow, labor intensive, inefficient. I feel like it's 1997 every time I use AMS360. It takes too many steps to accomplish task. The system feels like an albatross; I do not feel it empowers my team I feel it holds us back. It is so slow, so labor intensive. Vertafore's software is horrible. I hope to move my team to something better soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't buy this software unless your team is already in love with it and your willing to overpay for the brand name.

It helps us track our active policies; make notes.

AMS360 review by Kimberly S.
Kimberly S.

"Account Manager with an Insurance Broker"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of AMS360. Love that we can document everything in activities and sort to search for items if needed. Love that we can create Acord forms within the agency management system. Easy to run reports, etc. I would not want to work with another product.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can not think of one thing I do not like about AMS360.

In addition to AMS360 I use Reference Connect with Vertifore/Sircon DAILY. Benefits are cross referencing GL/WC codes and NAICS codes. Also access to the manual. Love these products!!

AMS360 review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"AMS360 - A nice package for small businesses"

What do you like best?

It's an all in one package that caters to insurance needs such as being able to input customer information and link them to specific policies and documents.

What do you dislike?

-Limited compatibility with newer browsers (i.e. Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox).

-Microsoft Office integration is buggy at times.

-File "drag and drop" doesn't always work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to have a steep learning curve. There are many components to AMS that require technical training (i.e. form submission and account management)

It gives us the ability to send out a large amount of policies. AMS integrates with Interfax to allow for this functionality. Also, it solves the issue of keeping track of customer information and changes that users make to those specific accounts

AMS360 review by Andy D.
Andy D.

"Producer"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to navigate, easy to find the information I am looking for and everything is stored online, so it can be accessed from anywhere. Customers policies can be downloaded for easier access and one stop shop type of service.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it can only be used on Microsoft explorer. It would be nice if it was compatible with apple products or even firefox so that it could be used across multiple platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool!

AMS 360 helps me quickly and effectively take care of my customers, create notes in their file, invoice, and create any kind of accord form they might need. The amount of efficiency as a result of using AMS is incredible.

AMS360 review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"AMS360"

What do you like best?

That it keeps everything neatly organized for every customer and you can keep track of notes for every term. It can hold a lot of information and is easy to upload paper files to the database.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when you open a dec page it will automatically close on it's own. A annoying little glitch that can be frustrating.

When a customer calls, all of there information is at your fingertips and its super user friendly. Everything is really organized in the system. It separates everything by terms so its pretty easy to find what you need quickly.

AMS360 review by Administrator

"AMS 360 for Insurance Brokers"

What do you like best?

Robust software with ability to manage large book. Well known in the industry so easier to integrate.

What do you dislike?

Very expensive, even to add users or change things. Conversions are an issue with them. Cannot put in commission splits if you pay more than one agent on an item. No automation options similar to other products in their category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid software but at a high price point. No automation, there are other options out there that exceed its capabilities, however they do keep updating their software. Well known software so easy to integrate with, easier to find employees already familiar with this software.

One of the more robust systems out there we are able to manage multiple offices with a large book of business.

AMS360 review by Deidre R.
Deidre R.

"Insurance Management system "

What do you like best?

We are able to service our clients professionally with the system as well as keep great recording all business transactions from phone calls, task, accounting, etc.

What do you dislike?

Image right connection for use with personal lines accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't go wrong with the product. I do not recommend the image right platform that is optional for personal lines use. It seems to create more work as personal lines insurance its a lot more paperwork in itself.

AMS360 allows our agency to keep diligent records for our accounts.

"It’s ok"

What do you like best?

I like vast amount of reports that can be created on this program.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the newest version. It freezes a lot. It randomly errors out and I have to restart the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on improving this newer version of the system, it errors out constantly for some reason.

Manages the client and carrier portfolio. Able to keep all files attached into this systems for a paperless environment.

"Very Average Software"

What do you like best?

Vertaphone is great at solving problems that may arise. They're communicative and know their software inside and out. Also, when AMS is working correctly its fantastic. However that's few and far between.

What do you dislike?

The software itsself has a lot of issues. Various versions run on various windows programs. It makes it difficult to have an overall understanding of the program itself due to the fact that each version is drastically different. It's also impossible to edit activities when they're posted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider another program unless you want the constant hassle of going back and fourth with the support r

It aides us in organizing our agency's client base.

AMS360 review by User in Financial Services

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Tons of fields, customer service wise it is fairly easy to navigate and learn. Different views make it easy to dwindle down to needed info

What do you dislike?

Hard to make changes, lots of work arounds. When updates are done the entire system is offline for two days. System goes down frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure to get a good account rep and have someone come in from their firm to have them look at your specific work flows to help you make the best processes.

Customer service and accounting. Great for customer service but very difficult from an accounting stand point.

AMS360 review by Bengisu D.
Bengisu D.

"Risk Analyst"

What do you like best?

Its a great software for brokerage companies since user is able to collect all the customer data from different vendors.

What do you dislike?

Its user interface is old version. It needs to be modernized

Missing policies , customer data are easily found by using the AMS360

"Outdated"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use even for non computer friendly people.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit outdated. They do not have the ability to text from the system and the reports are outdated. Other CRM's allow you to click on the names and open the client vs just making a spreadsheet.

It's a CRM. It does it's job.

AMS360 review by Cynthia G.
Cynthia G.

"Agency customer management system"

What do you like best?

attaching all activity for a certain client to their shell

What do you dislike?

need more activity options named when choosing your action or the ability to name your own

keeping clients entire history at your fingertips, notes, changes, claims, downloads etc

"ams360"

What do you like best?

it is a mediocre agency management system that has a lot of flaws

What do you dislike?

the system is not dynamic, when changes ar made in the system, they have to be made in several places. You cant make one change that will change the info on every policy

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a good system, but it is not dynamic. there are and will be better systems out there. it is built on a older technolgy .

its a management system for our clients.

AMS360 review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Tired of AMS360 Not Working. Again our database is down!"

What do you like best?

Does a good job, when working.... Not working Now.

What do you dislike?

Poor communications, lots of down time, poor customer care.....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out somewhere else if you want it to be dependable.

?

"agent for vertafore "

What do you like best?

ease of use, easy to learn, hold lots of information and never lags

What do you dislike?

nothing at this point. I only use it to review clients information and don't handle the downloads or billing side as much

stream lining customer and account tracking

AMS360 review by User

"Agent"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, I use it all day

What do you dislike?

Platform, I think it was a waste of money

It has provided me with the ability to stay on top of my customers and their policies.

"Not a fan"

What do you like best?

It has a very smooth interface and the downloading of polices usually worked well with personal lines- not commercial.

What do you dislike?

Most everything other than the interface. Issuing a cert is a nightmare as well as apping a new prospect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Applied TAM. It doesn't look as fancy but I promise you that it's 100% better

I hated AMS360. The certificates were a nightmare compared to TAM and the apps for when we would submit to brokers were horrible

AMS360 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Fine product"

What do you like best?

The product does its job well. I like that I have one place to go to for managing my documents

What do you dislike?

The interface is very outdated. There are many other programs out there that can do the job much better. It takes a long time to learn and it is still very slow for the accountants

We are able to send out quotes to customers through the system instead of doing it manually

"AMS360"

What do you like best?

I know the system after 20 years. I have heard that other agency systems are more user friendly. I do like the integration with ImageRight.

What do you dislike?

The accounting aspect. There are many quirks, and report generation is not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although I am not in the financial office, I have heard that AMS360 is on the more expensive end of system pricing.

The integration with Imageright and Docusign does streamline our operations.

"AMS360 Review"

What do you like best?

Quote bridging to and from PL Rater is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Timing out if not used in little time and you must log in again.

Bridging to PL Rater

Agency in Insurance

"Easy to use but can glitch sometimes"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and good for the work I do, especially from claims point of view.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is that things cannot be deleted off of AMS. Once its on there, even if it is a mistake, cannot be removed.

AMS360 allows my entire company to work off one software.

AMS360 review by Internal Consultant in Insurance
Internal Consultant in Insurance

"Great AMS, but needs a little fine tuning"

What do you like best?

Integrations and product options. Vertafore has come a long way and is listening to user concerns. They have quarterly product updates and releases and overall pushing forward and improving their products!

What do you dislike?

Screen load times and time-out restrictions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and understand, great integrations!

all Information and records in one spot. Holds documents, account history, etc.

AMS360 review by User

"Ams360"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for account managers. Was an easy transition from TAM to AMS360 as an account manager.

What do you dislike?

Locked activities. Not able to add to existing activities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have lengthy training so all processes are in place prior to going live without help.

Ease of storing customer information for later recall.

"I love this software "

What do you like best?

That i can record absolutely anything for the agency here.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all to be honest. Maybe the pricing is a bit more expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It's great for your growing company! Get it!

Not really solving problems. But anything that has to do with the agency is in there.

"Perfectly Adequate"

What do you like best?

User friendly interface. Customizable form letters

What do you dislike?

Can't customize reports, can't edit activities

Insurance, cross marketing

User in Insurance

"AMS360 makes our customer management simple"

What do you like best?

The ability to create suspenses for unfinished business

What do you dislike?

QA can be difficult, but otherwise there is nothing I can think of

This is the primary agency management system for our franchises customers and the insurance policies they sell for their new business/maintain for renewing business.

Agency in Insurance

"We use it now and love it!"

What do you like best?

More simple than Applied; able to email pdf files; accounting features are better.

What do you dislike?

It creates multiple policies and customer listings, which is confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much better experience!

Ease of doing business by ability to email documents to customers direct from AMS360.

AMS360 review by User in Computer Software

"INsurance sales "

What do you like best?

That you can't delete notes for proof in case other agents try to delete your notes

What do you dislike?

Everything is great, the colors could be improved

CRM, notes, document generation

AMS360 review by Agency in Events Services
Agency in Events Services

"AMS REVIEW"

What do you like best?

I love the client friendly concept that it provides.

What do you dislike?

Some of the information does not download in some cases.

Working with AMS360 to produce certain downloads. Reports are a great benefit.

AMS360 review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"It is required for my work"

What do you like best?

It is pretty straight forward, and functional.

What do you dislike?

It is not the easiest to customize. It takes quite a while to start up. Its search feature is poor at times it only displays the first 100 results.

I am solving issues within our agency.

Learning about AMS360?

* We monitor all AMS360 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.