Basecamp Reviews & Product Details

What is Basecamp?

Trusted by millions, Basecamp is the leading web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, and milestones.

Basecamp Screenshots

Marketing Communications Manager
Internet
Most Recent Basecamp Video Review
Marketing Assistant

"Great Program to help stay on top of tasks!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Basecamp is that they allow me to be able to stay on top of my tasks at hand. I know when everything is due and what all has been done to the task while looking in Basecamp. Also, I can make sure other tasks are staying up-to-date that I may need to be up-to-date to finish my task.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike about Basecamp might be the chatting feature. I feel like it is easier to use others chatting than the current set up with pinging people.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For others that are looking to use Basecamp, I would say do it. Basecamp will help you get everything in one place and be able to keep track of tasks and stay on top of anything that you might have on your plate. Overall I am glad to work for a company that uses Basecamp and it is hard to see what it would be like without. Basecamp is worth every cent!

The problems that I am solving with Basecamp are staying ahead and staying organized. Basecamp has helped me do this by laying everything out that I might need in one nice neat place.

Editor

"For the most part, convenient, flexible, and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is great because it allows you to manage multiple projects and multiple teams. It features several types of communication: private message or "pings," group chats or "campfires," comments on individual items, so you can choose how private the interaction will be. It's also very easy to upload a file such as a screenshot or deliverable, and I use that feature almost every time I log in. The To-Do lists help keep me on task, and my manager can reopen To-Dos as new requirements come up.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes hard to find things in Basecamp's interface. It took me a long time to get acclimated. And sometimes another person won't see a comment unless I specifically tag them, but that isn't a huge deal once you realize that.

Basecamp solves the need for communication among a team that is located several different places all over the world. It also helps one big company organize multiple projects and multiple teams.

Software Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"O Basecamp é a melhor maneira de trabalhar com projetos e eventos."

What do you like best?

Eu gosto especialmente da facilidade de uso e habilidade para eu colaborar com todos os jogadores que estão envolvidos em meus projetos em um determinado momento. A facilidade de uso, e funcionalidade são todos profissionais para este software que eu achei simples de usar quadros de mensagens, horários, documentos e armazenamento de arquivos e bate-papo em grupo

What do you dislike?

No entanto, adicionar novos membros e contas de confirmação nem sempre foram atendidos ou não ficou claro se foram adicionados. A interface do usuário, para mim, parece muito antiga. Além disso, você pode ficar confuso com diferentes serviços em um espaço de trabalho.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Boa ferramenta de organização múltipla para colaborações em grupo Adoro o design e a usabilidade do produto Não parece tão robusto quanto algumas outras ferramentas de gerenciamento de projetos, mas é uma boa ferramenta para equipes menores.

Maneira simples e rápida de gerenciar eventos e projetos e se comunicar com sua equipe mais facilmente. Troca de arquivos A plataforma também é altamente confiável e não trava.

Sales Adviser

"Amazing Product"

What do you like best?

Basecamp gave us a series of tools to workers and collaborators and allowed us to work together. Currently, we use Basecamp in three very different projects, but with a very similar way of use. We see Basecamp as a simple tool, directly usable and effective to work as a team.

What do you dislike?

The time reports are very basic do not allow more than one project in the free account, does not have a version that does not require internet access.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recommend this program is very interesting in which you will like to participate if you work together with a group of people, because this is one of the best organizers of tasks that are currently on the Internet where you can store your projects safely without import the number of projects, you can see everything that happens at the same time you will see that it is very easy to use, it has a version for mobile phones and if one day you lose your files you can recover files deleted by accident, it is quick and shows the progress obtained day to day you will have to-do lists where you can exchange files from it, you can organize your work teams.

Basecamp has fewer options than other tools, but the fact is that it is quick and very simple to use, its ease of use means that in most cases you do not need to use a tutorial to learn how to use its functions, it also has a wide range of functions and has a version for mobile phones and

Internal chat via Campfire,We were able to solve many problems of time planning and coordination of work team has been very useful in projects with deadlines.

Bachelor of Business Administration

"Very Complete"

What do you like best?

I like that you can visualize the status of all the tasks and comments of the project through the task board; It also allows you to measure the time spent in each one you can share files with other users, storing each one of the versions of it or use text documents in collaboration with several users It has a communication chat included and allows you to leave comments on each task, Similar to a forum you can also archive old projects, in order to reuse the information if necessary in the future.

What do you dislike?

The learning takes too much time can present confusion of the users because queries are mixed with requirements, I do not like that the platform only works online, so you can not advance in jobs when there is no connection. However, this last point has not caused us major problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With this program you can improve the efficiency in the coordination of processes and will allow you to prevent problems by giving a vision of both the work that each team is doing and the progress of the project as a whole. In this way you will be able to minimize errors and respond quickly to requests and doubts. In addition, Basecamp is a secure and accessible tool from anywhere, since it offers mobile applications for Android, iPad and iPhone.

The main characteristic of Basecamp, is its simplicity, which makes it preferred by millions of people, since it allows to promote an optimal utility instead of promoting a multiplication of isolated functionalities among themselves.

it allowed us to create a work calendar with specific tasks and divide them according to areas and processes. In addition, we were able to assign responsibilities to each person Every time we publish a request or a query, Basecamp sends us an email notification all conversations, requirements and shared files, are stored on the platform. This material serves as a backup to endorse the agreements, requests and deliveries all this made us be better in performance.

Network Engineer

"Simple way to manage projects."

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Basecamp is what I think is the best thing about it. My team is not large enough to use many of the project management tools out there, and may of the tools are complicated to the point of needed one person to manage them, but not Basecamp. It has an easy to use interface, it's very easy to pick up and learn, and I love how it has apps available for every platform and syncs between devices.

What do you dislike?

You do have to figure out how to make it work for you. At first, I found the lack of structure to be annoying, but after figuring out how to best branch the projects out that work best for our organization, it's working out great.

The biggest problem we are solving by using Basecamp is communication. With each individual team member updating tasks, adding comments, etc. We are communicating much more effectively than ever before. The key to this communication was finding a solution that was easy for everyone to use and was accessible. Basecamp solved this by having apps for mobile devices and having a really easy to use interface.

IT Consultant
(Myself Only)

"It offers us a friendly interface with all the tasks and folded projects"

What do you like best?

I like Basecamp because it offers us a friendly interface with all the tasks and folded projects, offers me participation data and allows me to contribute and comment on projects of other colleagues, is a very good management and participation tool that helps me to group my work on one side and my personal activities avoiding me to forget things.

What do you dislike?

I think it's a very good software, with no points that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an efficient software that helps to better manage work and private activities.

Basecamp is a great software to organize and develop projects quickly and without errors, helps me a lot to keep a detailed record of activities and tasks, allows me to collaborate and receive input from colleagues in projects that involve many professionals from different areas, helps to follow my work behavior and improve many aspects that slow down the efficient development of projects.

Data Analyst

"Support software for project organization"

What do you like best?

The ability to add custom columns to the clipboard is invaluable so it can be used for many types of projects. Each project is available in all formats for all members of our team. The way we manage product repair and support issues is revolutionary and provides greater productivity and efficiency. The number of tools you can experience will satisfy you.

What do you dislike?

I am willing to work as a team to take advantage of this software. Being an IT administrator using basecamp was not enough. Introduced by developers, Crawler seemed to me to be a different world as far as I live. It requires hard and unsupported work to adapt to the complexity and demand of projects. technical support could have been more attentive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As an analyst of a busy company, I have a lot of details to watch every day. I was very reluctant to use this software, but I've enjoyed it since I started. The software is flexible, intuitive and never disappoints you. Moving cards from one column to another, including documents, links, and comments directly on the to-do list, is nice to see labels, similar stuff, and more.

I have been offered the opportunity to experience this app for about three months and I can see it using it constantly. It also brought flexibility to team collaboration to provide a visual tool for organization and prioritization. and his role in teamwork was great.

Marketing Specialist

"Basecamp is perfect to handle all kinds of activities "

What do you like best?

We liked many details of basecamp. First, we like the way in which the work boards are organized on the home screen, since it is comfortable to play with them depending on what we want. We like the system of calendars, since it allows us to assign different tasks to the members in the work table. With basecamp it is not necessary to go to the online videoconferences in order to keep us organized, since with the boards it is enough.

What do you dislike?

Basecamp does not keep backup copies of the files of each project, so you risk losing the information of them under some error. It does not store the previous versions of each document for later retrieval. Nor does it allow you to manage accounting, and your mobile access is slow. Does not have spreadsheet view for work dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Basecamp we loved it. In case of not having enough purchasing power to pay for the plans, it is recommended to purchase the free version, with which you can manage a project, and manage the main tools of the platform. It is recommended to include messages within the project boards, and to announce any change in the project without the need to send emails.

It has been very helpful in the creation and management of project milestones, and in assigning tasks to them. In this way we work through stages, and it is easier to organize the work. Your text editor has saved us a lot of work by allowing each text to be edited collaboratively, since all team members can access, modify and share them. In this way, team work is accentuated.

Project Team Manager

"Basecamp shows us excellent time management "

What do you like best?

What we like most about basecamp is that it has a Dashboard screen in which we can organize all our programs. It is easy to access each active project, and also analyze the processes that are open within the Platform (files that have been shared, messages sent, among others). It is very easy to share files through chat, and also simplify the management of workflows. In addition, the simplicity of basecamp makes the information within the team move much more smoothly.

What do you dislike?

We do not like the little storage capacity that the platform has predetermined. Basically we are forced to choose to host our documents on other servers. Sometimes you can lose control of what is being done, since the boards do not show enough information at first glance. Basecamp does not have the capacity to perform video conferences, and its mobile access does not manage tasks so easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Basecamp we liked from the first moment. We are pleased with its extensive functionality to write group documents, and to hold debates. It is also advisable to integrate it with external collaboration tools, in order to further optimize communication.

With the use of basecamp we have greatly improved our task management, and our discussion threads work in a more orderly way than before. We have also noticed improvement in our cooperative writing, and in our management of activity calendars. We have also facilitated file sharing.

Team Manager

"Basecamp organizes our marketing projects very well "

What do you like best?

This collaborative software allows the user to share all kinds of files with the work team, and can assign them detailed tasks based on the skill of each one. Basecamp is good to keep the flow of information as fluid as possible, always thinking about the comfort of the user. Its interface is clean, organized, and allows us to approach others virtually collaboratively.

What do you dislike?

We do not like the simplicity of its text editor. This is too simple when you want to work as a team (it offers few multi-member functions). We do not like its milestone creation system, since it is difficult to assign tasks to these when you want to carry out the project based on stages. Your $ 150 plan does not offer enough differences over the other cheaper plans when it comes to value for money.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We highly recommend your automated chat, campfire integration. Basecamp is a smart tool for scheduling important dates, and for later reminder. It will undoubtedly be of help to those who wish to improve their sub-task and document management.

With basecamp we have been able to quickly solve the productivity problems of our work team, from the planning of calendars to the creation of delivery dates. Now it is easier to store information according to topics, and your group chat makes it easy to communicate live. It is excellent to know what always happens in each phase of the project.

Technical Team Member
(10,001+ employees)

"Collaboration of projects in teams"

What do you like best?

I have the administration of all the tasks that I have to manage to advance in my work, so I delegate functions to each of the members that are part of the task to be done so that we all have the same percentage of work and be equitable and at the same time we can help each other to make the process of each document shorter, at the same time we can create a private chat of each project that is done to talk only about the topic of each document that is made and have the follow-up to verify what is done missing to make or what is going wrong

What do you dislike?

What I would like them to improve is that it would be possible to see a visual representation of the deadlines of each task, such as a Gantt chart or something like that to have more knowledge of each term and to know if it is working on the estimated time or if it is necessary to improve and do something faster for the final delivery of projects, is the only bad thing that affects my work to be satisfied with the whole platform and not have anything that prevents me from doing a more complete job

It helps me to keep all the tasks I need to do in one place and allow my team to be organized to perform tasks more effectively and a more complete and controlled administration of every detail of the projects that are carried out as a team or individual, the important thing is to see the good results at the end

Service Delivery Manager

"Basecamp allows to work in a more organized way."

What do you like best?

The high responsibility that manages to manage a project is complicated and more if you work with participants from different specialties, Basecamp offers a variety of tools that allows you to do the management in a simpler way and in this way you can carry out the necessary follow-ups and controls to carry out in a successful way, it is a totally online tool that provides a easy access, it is not so complicated to learn one it is adapted little by little to its functions and it reduces time in a significant way.

What do you dislike?

With regard to the file management is usually somewhat slow also its price can be elevated according to the number of participants is something that must be considered significantly when purchasing the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The experience using Basecamp is very positive. The product really fulfills what it offers, its quality, support, interface and other functions are useful and applicable in each phase of project development.

It is of vital importance since working through this product significantly speeds up collaboration as well as allows us to offer a follow-up of activities, avoid delays and assign appropriate responsibilities.

Operations Data Supervisor

"Managing Tasks"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for us here to document, plan, and track the progress of our various projects and deliverable. It also has the functionality where in you can start a discussion about a specific project and upload files via that thread which make the communication efficient. On top of that, you also get a auto generated message to your e-mail so you will not miss an update whenever somebody posts a message there. Also, it allows you to view the history of a certain tasks from the time it's assigned to you until you check it off for completion.

What do you dislike?

It's interface can be overwhelming if you're new to it, especially when you see too much information and projects of the entire organisation. But that's only in the beginning. Other than that I have no other negative things to say.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a tool that will help you document and keep track of your team's projects, Basecamp is a great choice. I haven't scouted for another tool because Basecamp meets my expectation

My team can easily keep track of incoming, ongoing and past projects

Salesperson

"Basecamp is a good tool to track projects"

What do you like best?

Something that we liked a lot about basecamp are its automated dialog windows to help. They are interactive, attractive, and also offer good solutions to our doubts. We like your agenda record system, in which we can share the dates, and subscribe to events in Google Cal, Outlook or iCal. We also liked your task manager, which allows us to create lists of items and discussions based on our needs.

What do you dislike?

We do not like the basecamp document manager. It is slow to share images and spreadsheets, and on several occasions the documents have been damaged upon receipt. We also do not like how little organized your folder system is. Its integrated chat application is slow, and often has performance problems. Another problem with basecamp is its search function, which does not offer too many filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Basecamp is attractive, intuitive and very elegant. We recommend it to small work teams, so that it is easy to structure the projects based on a small number of members. We recommend basecamp to organize work boards and stay better organized. Its price, only $ 99 per month, we think is excellent.

A problem that was recurrent before getting basecamp was to keep track of the progress of each project, and its updates. Basecamp is updated much faster than other software connected to the same account. It has also greatly improved our management and review of feedback.

Business administrator

"organize and facilitate in a timely manner each corporate process"

What do you like best?

We are proud to have this software because they have shown us positively improve our management of the projects to be executed, carrying out a brief planning through the calendar, we have activated our advertising marketing through our client allies, we lead our work assignments, we carry a wide communication with our customers and communities, it is easy to use for our administrators, it has good functions, its costs are not very high as others, it is practical when its functions are manipulated, we are happy to have this software.

What do you dislike?

Weaknesses are few but one of them is its interface that is visualized very simple, it should be more didactic and functional, it lacks many functions to improve its functioning, sometimes when it is opened on Android mobile devices its functionality is slow and it takes time to open and does not allow us to enter and feed data this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a company it has been for us the most, it has organized in a fast way our corporate processes and streamlined our work. We recommend it to any company for being of great help for any project.

It has been very useful, practical to use, suitable for our corporate processes, at ease with each management that makes this software, is not complex, or difficult to manage, has calendars that organize us and facilitates in a timely and fast each process that we have been executing

Salesperson

"Basecamp is the number 1 business project management platform"

What do you like best?

With basecamp we have found many useful tools for the management of equipment activity. It is excellent for creating assignments, and for later review. With basecamp, discussion threads can be developed to further develop messages, which can be organized by theme. We also like that the platform allows ordering the members of the team based on the role that each one fulfills.

What do you dislike?

We do not like that the process of seeing the activity of team members is slow, since members must be skipped according to an integrated search system. We do not like that the calendar of upcoming dates is so poorly specific with the dates stipulated in it. We do not like how little customizable it gets to add markers inside basecamp.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We highly recommend basecamp to a huge number of SMEs. It is ideal to improve collaboration between teams, and to organize work effectively. We really like the platform to centralize message boards and schedules on a single screen. Basecamp is completely recommendable.

With basecamp, storing data by topic has become a fast process. Now it is easy to access the projects and analyze the open processes in each one of them (for example, task management, time management, or any file shared with the group). With basecamp it has become easier to make the work information fluent and reach all team members.

Industrial Operations
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Equipment to the best performance"

What do you like best?

All the documents that we create are stored in the cloud so that we can all access these documents much easier than sending documents by email. Besides, we create the documents in group making changes at the same time and distributing everything equally so that we all have the same amount of work

Something that I find very beneficial of Basecamp is that it has no limit of users to enter the same account that is created for the company with that we all share it and do our team work

What do you dislike?

The team that forms the support of customer service does not do their job with good knowledge because their explanations are mediocre and do not make an extensive explanation of the doubt that one requests a response, they make it basic to what many questions remain after the first request, I do not like the attitude with which they respond I think I deserve a very kind and committed attention by support

In a single platform we all work in a more comfortable and more personal way having good tools facilitating my work and that of my colleagues, in its good use that we give to this platform

Technology Specilaist

"Basecamp is an easy to use project management system."

What do you like best?

It is a great product that allows for project management. You can create a project board for your team to work on. From there you can create additional posts to add to the project. It has an in-system chat client that can facilitate messages between people working. It has a good notification system that emails you when people post in the project boards or send you a chat message.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike with using this software. It works well. The only thing I got tired of was the constant messages it sent out, but that can be updated through email preferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Base camp is a great tool and it has many great features. It is very helpful in project management and team collaboration.

It allows employees to be able to connect and work through projects in a simplified way. It makes it easy to throw ideas out about possible ideas or solutions to problems. You can have all of those ideas collected into a single area.

Web designer

"A true collaborative platform"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is a fantastic platform that offers the necessary tools for the creation of projects in general, I love that it is quite easy to create a project, the tool allows creating task lists, theme threads, file storage for the management of such project as manuals, spreadsheets, documentation in general and even any file that we need for the development of our project. The app also allows us to organize the members of the group according to the role they fulfill in the project, they can even subdivide these groups to perform a specific task, thus designating the activities to be carried out. Basecamp has in turn the ability to create lists of tasks to be executed and set the deadline for delivery of this task, you can assign the lists in groups or in any member of the group specifically. Its file storage system works quite well, in my personal experience I have never had problems with it and it has allowed me and my team to store content that we can use in the future. Basecamp also offers compatibility with dropbox and google docs so when it comes to storing files it is very easy to share and visualize them.

What do you dislike?

for now I have minimal complaints with basecamp, I would like its interface to be a bit more interactive, but in general terms I feel happy with basecamp.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a platform to carry out your ideas, projects in general and collaborate as a team I recommend this platform, it has served me a lot and I hope that it works for you too

My team and I put forward multiple ideas to be able to better organize ourselves and start developing our project. There were many good ideas and one of my colleagues suggested that we implement basecamp as a collaborative platform. Since we have been using basecamp, it has represented a solution to our problems. In basecamp we can do everything, organize tasks, upload files, be aware of the project and the tasks of our other colleagues, the system simply works wonders.

IT Consultant

"We are a team on a single platform"

What do you like best?

It fascinates me to manage each project through this medium of this platform because we form a team among the best we work to achieve great projects highlighted among all the contributions we give and we conclude

Both your learning process and the process of creating team projects are nice to configure the different sections of tasks that are active, pending and closed

The section of separate chat discussions I like a lot because it makes the conversations of each specific task do not mix other tasks and end up being confusing

What do you dislike?

It has very attractive features that help me save hours of work to my team and me, we can all work from the same account without having to pay more money to enter other users, there is nothing wrong I only see is that it is a very complete platform and attractive for my team work

All of us, as a team, managed to carry out projects in the shortest time possible, having better communication among all to eliminate the doubts we have and help us, the relationship with colleagues has also improved because with this platform you learn to work. as a team and be more tolerant of those who do not understand the processes in the same way that I

Founder

"You want clients to use a PM tool? This is the one last hope"

What do you like best?

With a gazillion PM tools out there, Basecamp is still a gem in the space. Removing the complexity of other tools and keeping with what works.

What do you dislike?

Really isn't a whole lot. But the main thing I really wished they had was built in time tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a freelancer, Don't be alarmed at the $99/month price tag. Start the trial. They have a $49 Starter plan that they offer once you sign up for a trial. Cuts the price in half and you can work with unlimited clients.

I tried just about everything out there. While my first choice is Teamworkpm, I always come back to Basecamp. If you work with clients on projects, you know how difficult it is to get them to use anything except email. Basecamp is the only one where almost every client I invited gets into it and actually enjoys using it once they log in. The UI is very thought out and within a few minutes, most will get the hang of it. If not there is a ton of useful videos to steer them in the right direction.

Video Editor

"Basecamp works"

What do you like best?

Basecamp works for what it does. I can always check in to see what my next task is, and I can see any upcoming deadlines. I log in first thing every morning to see what my tasks are for the day. Often I have new tasks that my supervisor gave me and that we haven't spoken about. Hoewver, seeing it on my personalized to-do list allows me to get to work ASAP without having a meeting about it. It's an integral part of our workflow.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes people post things on Basecamp and expect other members of the team to see it, but it's too much to keep track of every little thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it. It gets the job done.

With Basecamp I can stay on track because all my projects are in the same place. It also allows our team to tell others exactly what we're working on as a response to :why isn't my project done yet?"

Before our team used Basecamp, it was chaos. Now it's less chaos, lol!