Do you work for Basecamp?

Basecamp Reviews & Product Details

What is Basecamp?

Trusted by millions, Basecamp is the leading web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, and milestones.

Basecamp Screenshots

Basecamp Reviews

1-50 of 2653 total Basecamp reviews

Basecamp Reviews

1-50 of 2653 total Basecamp reviews
Basecamp review by Kate B.
Marketing Communications Manager
Internet
Most Recent Basecamp Video Review
Basecamp review by eusstorgio j.
Business administrator

"Carry out our projects with organization and planning with Basecamp."

What do you like best?

Our company has been listed as one of the best in its management, so we chose to obtain the Basecamp software, which allows us to organize projects timely, plan work trips from a different perspective, helps us to manage easily, and timely, account with didactic and practical mechanisms to carry out these calendars with a very intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

Of the few shortcomings, it should be remembered that it deserves to be added more functions so that the company has a better reach with this software, analyzing its graphic interface deserves a better update so that it is intuitive and attractive for the administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software we recommend why we like to have it, practice to make the organizations of each of our work projects, it is very intuitive, economical to acquire it, it is easy to use.

The product is very good, it would be necessary to update it and take into account all the recommendations that we have made, after all it is very practical to carry out our organizations of the projects to be executed by the company.

Basecamp review by oswaldo r.
Administrador

" BaseCamp, organizes our projects and our daily tasks"

What do you like best?

Our company has stood out as one of the best in terms of organization, we have chosen to acquire Basecamp software in a timely manner, as a support in the part of our extensive corporate projects to plan, manage, punctuate through the calendar so that Through these tools we reach an organized and well structured company.

What do you dislike?

It has been of great support but it has its weaknesses like all software, we point out the reference to its training center, we do not observe that it has some instructive videos to analyze in depth about its operation, its customer service is not punctual, its platform regarding the interface is very simple, they lack more tools and functions so that it operates full and more effective

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without so many words, we say that it is gratifying and timely to have basecamp, since it is constantly allowing us to achieve a goal of the company, to be able to quickly organize our business processes within our company. Very good software

Throughout our operations, we have analyzed this software and have met the minimum requirements that we need to be able to advance in the organization of our projects and our day-to-day work.

Basecamp review by Deborah A.
Apparel & Fashion

"Basecamp Optimizes the results"

What do you like best?

There are many key features that add to collaborative work for the entity as a whole based departmentally. It provides a single place where everyone can work together to reach a common goal.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the interface for people that weren’t current users. It was difficult to work with clients outside of basecamp. The layout is a little bit hard to adjust. I would like to be able to move different portions of activity around more clearly. I would like to be able to tag files within a specific project instead of seeing everything always, while still having the option to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, I would recommend this app to all the workers and managers as it can be a way to optimize results. Reliability is the word that best describes this software able to organize people and to delegate tasks.

This software's unique feature is the quality of the things that you might get done on time and, in correlation to this, on a budget. The user-friendly intercase is matched with a productivity platform where the user can feel free to best order his tasks. This software is a smart way of being one step ahead of the game, with good assistance service.

Basecamp review by Jessica W.

"Basecamp works"

What do you like best?

I like Basecamp, In our company, this tool is used to track projects and easily add users involved in their implementation, as well as communication between team members in real time.

What do you dislike?

The flat monthly pricing model is a bit of a turn off for us, being an incredibly small business putting significantly less load on the program it seems a little strange to be paying the same as those businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helps us to fully organize streams and files for our various projects. This tool is effectively used by us in the exchange of information, as well as to maintain communication within the team during the work process.

Positive but lacking, needs more features to be the be all end all solution. It's very intuitive and easy to use, but I feel that is more due to a lack of certain features than clever design. The single panel approach does make it very easy to access different functions though.

Basecamp review by Tiger J.
Office Manager

"Perform tasks more easily"

What do you like best?

The function of this platform is very simple to do for its very basic processes and its simple platform that allows you to do everything simple without needing to know much about the platform because its learning is very fast without complications, I like to have this platform because it allows perform tasks as a team and have the follow-up to know the progress that is taking with each task, freeing time for other projects that are required and also increase the efficiency with delivery date of each task

What do you dislike?

I do not have any problem caused by basecamp because of its good functioning and the correct process everything helps me to flow the work correctly so that with my team we can work in a group and more together

Join all the members you want without any restriction or limitation of members that helps us make the work easier and quicker to do and thus deliver everything faster to create more tasks and visualize new projects

Basecamp review by Chris D.
Entertainment

"I like the simplicity of Basecamp"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to share, a great way to organize yourself and your team. There are a lot of great features, the to-do lists for each event/project are extremely helpful. It is awesome that you can add various team members to to-dos and check on their progress.

What do you dislike?

Because we have so many different platforms and databases used internally it is hard to keep up on Basecamp and updating it. If this was the only organizational platform we used it would be amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is great for group projects. It makes it easy for the team to communicate and get things done. Allows for great communication amongst different time zones.

Basecamp has been great to our team and clients, allowing us to connect and collaborate as one. The communication system has allowed us to build strong relationships with each other and our customers. This service is proven to our team to be an invaluable tool.

Basecamp review by Jose Ramon C.
Sales And Marketing Specialist
Retail

"With basecamp it will be easier than ever to manage projects"

What do you like best?

From basecamp we quite like its integrated tool for chat and messaging, because thanks to that we are communicated with the rest of the team in a much simpler way. We like your survey manager, and your tracking system for website visitors. We like if layout of the calendar of events, and of photo gallery.

What do you dislike?

From basecamp we dislike several things. It does not have a telephone system or newsletter management, which would be quite useful to keep us informed about the use of the platform by other team members. We do not like at all its integration to social media, since sharing files to social networks using basecamp can take a long time. We do not like your audio and video conference system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is a highly recommended equipment management platform. It has an excellent system for organizing projects, and a good team chat tool. We can also recommend it a lot for the management of employee directories, and for the management of surveys. It is a great alternative for all kinds of small businesses that want to expand.

Thanks to the use of basecamp we can make better follow-ups to the visitors of our website. We have benefited a lot from being able to carry out call routing, thus improving our unified communication. It has also helped us a lot to create predesigned responses for live chat, helping to improve our relationship with customers.

Basecamp review by Sara B.
Customer Service Representative

"It allows me to organize and order my tasks"

What do you like best?

We are able to not only be more transparent internally but with our clients as well!! With only just beginning to use this software in January, I don't remember what I ever did without it!

What do you dislike?

I have not found much if anything that I do not like about the product. I will definitely continue digging around to see if there is anything that I would request to change, but if that's the case their support is great and is very helpful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software allows you to organize and schedule out tasks, collaborate and manage projects. It's aesthetically pleasing to look at, simple to navigate and keeps everyone on the same page.

Having the ability to give our team and our customers access to everything in one location without having to make sure that potentially private folders are not shared (like in Google Drive) is fabulous! The notification through email in which you are taken directly to the Basecamp board in which you need to review or comment is great. It also allows you to see previous conversations and shares which is wonderful when needed to look back and find specific information.

Basecamp review by Jansel Daniel A.
Salesperson
(5001-10,000 employees)

"With basecamp it is very easy to order our agenda"

What do you like best?

From basecamp we like to share documents, audio files, and images so easily. It is very easy to organize each folder and then use them. We also like its tasks system, which allows us to create work lists according to our business needs, and we can add items to each task. His group chat system, called campfire, we also like a lot, because it offers many freedoms when sharing things with others.

What do you dislike?

Something we dislike about basecamp is its message board, since it is a little difficult to make post announcements, or to update the progress of our project so that everyone can see it. It is a bit difficult to make feedback collections, and organize each team individually. We do not like the system of bookmarks, also called bookmarks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We highly recommend the use of basecamp, mainly if it is a small company, with very low staff numbers, or if it is simply small work groups for a specific project, as it is much easier to stay coordinated with what happens inside. of the platform and what other team members do. We highly recommend your discussion thread system.

Thanks to the fact that we started using basecamp, our team remains in better tune. Now it is easier for us to be communicated at all times, and also to organize our group work. In addition, its integrated chat tool has made it fun to be in touch.

Basecamp review by Martha C.
Customer Service Representative
Retail

"Basecamp is a very useful platform for my daily organization"

What do you like best?

I like this system for project management. Basecamp has a user-friendly interface and many functions. It has allowed managing the project in a more practical and organized way without losing the initial guidelines and the proposed objectives, in addition, they have been able to finish in the estimated time and desired quality of the work.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't really have any complaints given other software that I've used in the past for this purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My overall experience with Basecamp was great and I felt that productivity was increased by utilizing a lot of the team functions. Basecamp offers the advantage that has various utilities that allow to organize in a very practical way and maintain an adequate follow-up to the project.

My experience with Basecamp, though brief, was very rewarding. I used it while working on a contract with another company that had a company account. What I liked most was the user interface and ease of use. There are a lot of great features, but there is plenty of software out there that has great features and the user interface is too clunky leaving customers without the ability to access those features.

Basecamp review by Peter G.
Account Manager

"A clean and simple team collaboration and productivity platform"

What do you like best?

The design of the Basecamp interface is neat and well-spaced, which makes it easy for me to find different sections quickly. There are many organizational tools, such as calendars, to-do lists and task queue boards, which offers everyone great flexibility when viewing and stating the status of assignments. I like that we can communicate with each other within Basecamp through robust chat rooms. We can create chat rooms for single projects, which helps to keep the discussions focused on finalizing individual projects. I also like the tagging feature, which allows me to target specific users when chatting in a group.

What do you dislike?

I think most everything with Basecamp is fine the moment, but when I first started using it, I had a significant amount of trouble integrating it with some of my web-based storage accounts and my phone and desktop calendars. The syncing wasn't working for me after following the directions. I didn't ultimately set it up. I had someone else connect everything for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many collaboration tools like Basecamp in the market, but to me, Basecamp appears to be one of the more user-friendly platforms. The design of the interface isn't so stiff and cold like some other popular platforms I've seen. Basecamp is a great way to stay productive and in touch with your team members in a light and engaging way.

I've benefited from Basecamp's ability to keep me informed on company activities and tasks. I can get real-time updates on what's going on and what still needs to be done. Basecamp has greatly reduced communication clutter that comes from using multiple platforms such as email, phone calls, texting and faxing. As far as planning goes, Basecamp really helps to break down all the fine details involved in a project and gives us a central location to communicate and access resources.

Basecamp review by Julius B. H.
Marketing Manager

"Basecamp facilitates the administration of projects."

What do you like best?

I love the fact that when you add a comment you can easily drag and drop an image instead of having to browse and upload. I really like how you can select to send an email on every update in a ToDo that you are involved in as I personally spend a lot of time managing my inbox, it serves as a reminder that I need to go check things out in Basecamp.

What do you dislike?

For our purposes, there are really very few issues. If there were one thing it would be that if you leave a page that you it notifies you if you have not hit submit on your posting. We do have issues with people writing responses but not hitting submit and then we never get the message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We can set up Projects and "to do" lists within those projects and assign them to individuals and set due dates all within minutes. It also, makes communication between our team and the clients simple as we can add all team members to the communication flow and they can respond directly from their email and it posts in the Basecamp "to do".

I feel satisfied. I enjoy the ability to log in, check recent updates on the projects that I am assigned to as well as the easy view of seeing the status of my ToDo's. It makes it simple to stay organized. It really makes project management easier for us as before, we would rely on email communication to try and stay organized and it was a bit of a mess. Using Basecamp makes your project more efficient.

Basecamp review by Patricia C. A.
Customer Service Specialist
(10,001+ employees)

"Very useful for me and my colleagues"

What do you like best?

I like being able to assign tasks, sort my daily tasks, and be able to edit some files online with other colleagues. Sometimes they say that less is more, and this program has everything, but at the same time it is easy to understand, it is very minimalist, it does not have the best user interface but it is very useful, and that is what really matters.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that it isn't really that well know yet- so people are not super eager to jump on board and try it out when asked to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, I liked Basecamp and it's ease of use. To not have to use a bunch of different programs and be able to concentrate on just one was glorious.

I loved that with Basecamp, you can blend all of your work tools into one simple program. It is a great program for people who might struggle with organization and the chaos involved in every day organizing work tasks like email, documents, appointments, etc. This program can tie it all together and you are not checking different programs all day long to figure out what to do next.

Basecamp review by dantya margarita c.
Administrativo

" Basecamp organizes our projects through calendars, it is the best"

What do you like best?

It has been an alternative to seek to strengthen an organization of our projects and jobs, it is a very useful, safe, practical tool, it is a primordial factor that facilitates our businesses in a timely manner, our work methods are very viable, we are assigned tasks. streamlines work daily, its calendar points out the key points to execute, its time management is timely and accurate, when generating the reports it is very precise and we like its functionality

What do you dislike?

Something that must be improved are the actions of assignments, it does not manage tasks of different projects, they must improve its interface to make it pleasant for the user. When it opens on mobile device it gets heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is nice to recommend this product, as everything is lacking, but it has allowed us to improve our organization with our projects.

The application has been useful, where it allows us to visualize in an organized way our projects through calendars we specify the pending to execute and the times that carry out each project.

Basecamp review by Alex M. J.
HR Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"My opinion and experience about Basecamp"

What do you like best?

This software manages your business nicely, by having all or most important business tools in one package. you can schedule meetings, organize employee's tasks, sharing documents with them, and even chat with your team. and everyone can follow and be up to date with any change.

What do you dislike?

Clunky interface. If the interface is sleeker, it’s easier to collaborate. I especially like the functionality provided by team drives by google.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Basecamp is very easy to use. The system is simple for new users to pick up and essentially acts like a forum with pages dedicated to specific teams, projects, or tasks.

Overall, Basecamp is a great software/website to use if you are regularly collaborating with other people digitally. The ease of use and simplicity. You set up the digital workspace, invite your collaborators and you now have a shared space that holds all the information for each project all in one spot. This works great for working across departments or even companies.

Basecamp review by Daniel E.
Construction
(10,001+ employees)

"It is a good application when managing projects"

What do you like best?

I have used Basecamp when contractors have asked me to join projects. Basecamp helps keep large teams on the same page. Having a central place to host assets and discussions makes it easier to find what you need without having to bug other people.

What do you dislike?

We have trouble navigating the different options on the drop-down menu sometimes but it has not hindered us in a major way at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My overall experience has been great. My fellow employees love the software and I think that our manager will be implementing it into our systems Basecamp is very user-friendly. It also allows my fellow employees to communicate quickly.

We used this for project management on a web design that others were completing for us. So they set up the Basecamp site and we just logged in. I can't speak to the original set up at all but I really loved using the product for our project. Very easy to use to manage a project. I was readily able to communicate with others on a project and upload documents with ease.

Basecamp review by Emily J.
HR Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"My opinion about Basecamp"

What do you like best?

Basecamp built by amazing people such as DHH, and you can easily see every bit of their visionary perspective in the product. Ease of use, value for the price, constantly improving the platform and their return policy are the best features of the product. It was a good experience and I wouldn't mind using it again if a client requested it.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have a group chat video conference calling feature. Would be nice to have a personal touch to group communication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to keep track of things and keep them organized A great way to store information and communicate in a team setting

I appreciate how simple it is for an entire team (office) to be regularly working from the same program and contributing to the same place without it seeming crowded or convoluted. The to-do list aspect makes or break for my team, it genuinely keeps us aware and on track. I love the ability to have many projects in one succinct place.

Basecamp review by Brandon L. B.
Project Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"It is very well done for projects with several people"

What do you like best?

This is a simple software that allows those who are not tech savvy to create and be part of a team. At first, I found it rather simple but its simplicity is its elegance.

What do you dislike?

It is just too... simple. Once I started using it, I started to look into reports, Gantt and other things... I could use Google Docs to manage my projects without all those features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really enjoy using Basecamp Only a supervisor and advisor can see all the project progress. It's easy to communicate with project assistants and engineering assistants all those who all are involved in the project. I will be coming back. I liked how organized my day was as soon as I sat down for the day. My task is scheduled for me.

It's easy to communicate with project assistants and engineering assistants all those who all are involved in the project. We can even talk on personal chat with someone. Best feature is that person given access can only see that messages about purchasing and progress reports.

Basecamp review by Carlos Eduardo R.
Research

"Basecamp allows us to work better as a team"

What do you like best?

What Basecamp liked most about our team is that it is a useful collaborative tool that organizes projects easily and efficiently. He is an excellent manager and administrator of online tasks, is characterized mainly by the simplification of work methods and by favors a smooth flow of information. Do not love the organized one that is its user interface.

What do you dislike?

You can not make video conferences this is a big problem for communication between team members. Nor can audio and video conferences be made other delay for Basecamp. It does not have the Gantt chart tool. Does not allow portfolio management or resource management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is recommended to all those companies that need to manage the creation of subtasks. Thanks to its collaboration tools, this platform is one of the best in that area. We can keep track of the percentage of progression and with this know an approximate of how much is needed to finish the task or if there has been some delay in its completion.

Many SME companies lack an adequate model for project management, but with this software we find the solution to that problem. We also solved our problems of managing tasks of different projects at the same time in the same basecamp Project. We can have here tasks, milestones or threads of different topics in the same section without losing effectiveness to this tool.

Basecamp review by Raul G.
Asociado

" Coordinate your work team with Basecamp"

What do you like best?

It allows creating a work calendar with specific tasks and dividing them according to areas and processes. In addition, responsibilities can be assigned to each person,

configuring even a delivery date and a reminder to notify you when there are only a few days to complete it. On the same platform you can generate messages as conversation threads, where you can also share files. Every time a request or a query is published, Basecamp sends notification email.

Participants can respond directly from their mail, so it is not necessary that they are constantly reviewing the platform. All conversations, requirements and shared files,

they are stored on the platform. This material serves as a backup to endorse agreements, requests and deliveries.

improves the efficiency in the coordination of processes and allows us to prevent problems by giving a vision of both the work that is

making each team as the progress of the project as a whole. In this way we can minimize errors and respond quickly to requests and doubts.

What do you dislike?

Personally I have no complaints about the handling of the software, except some interface details and file storage in Basecamp, it could be an error when using the platform but I had some difficulties when uploading files higher than 84mb,

so I had to opt for storage platforms of external files for my coworkers to send me certain files. The rest works perfectly with .doc .rar .pdf files among others

Recommendations to others considering the product

excellent work platform, highly recommended

My colleagues and I are very grateful to basecamp for allowing us to have an optimal working platform where we can share ideas, transfer files, properly manage our company and facilitate the use of certain programs. It also facilitated the feedback with the clients what, therefore our circle of clients has expanded, which logically increases our income, thanks basecamp.

Basecamp review by Maria J. S.
(10,001+ employees)

"It greatly facilitates the organization"

What do you like best?

I like the social aspect of this software. Being able to have a forum with other co-workers, online, regardless of wherever you are in the world. I like the scheduling features the most.

What do you dislike?

It took some time for everybody to figure it out and get on board. I think that may have to do with the user interface, but other than that, it's been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp streamlines communication beautifully. All team members will be notified of any messages or changes made on the platform without the need for external email follow-ups. I can also keep track of multiple projects without losing track of who is assigned to what.

This software made it simple for us to organize our workflow and track the progress of a different project. We have a loss of work that has to pass through multiple teams and it would sometimes get lost in the cracks, but Basecamp has helped us organize all that and now we can see exactly where a project is in the process.

Basecamp review by Erwin L.
account executive
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Responsibility with the tasks"

What do you like best?

The work is felt less because it combines all the tools in a single package to manage the tasks and plan marketing campaigns or elaborate the tasks in a group with follow-up of what each user is doing that is integrated into the task, I keep the conversation about the specific topic of the task that is being addressed without needing to be in other app or looking at the email to know that I have written or sent and with this facility to have everything together to share files and to applaud the messages or comments that I like them to do in the chat

The information before was all dispersed and I was confused where everything could be but with basecamp I have everything in the same place and ordered to perform the tasks

What do you dislike?

In the organization of the images and documents, everything is stored by date and at the moment I need to locate some document it has taken me time to look for it because if I do not remember the date in which I saved the document it is not easy for me to find it

As a group we can work more united and have the follow-up of each project carried out that helps me to be more agile and have more production in my work

Everything is in one place so as not to have information spread throughout the system

Basecamp review by Jeffrey H.
Project Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Basecamp helps me a lot at work"

What do you like best?

Basecamp allows workmates to engage and track different projects in one page. It notifies all the members for any new activity in progress in any project allowing everyone to be updated. It has a calendar that allows the members to schedule their business operations in a specific date.

What do you dislike?

There was a time it was slow after signing in. I guess they have just updated the software, but currently it is excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is so easy to organize specific projects and keep any type of communication (such as chats or feeds) as well as file organization all in one place. AND you can have so many projects going on. My job at the time switched to this platform and it was a life-saver.

We used Basecamp at the time for multiple design projects and coordination and it made everyone's jobs and communication so streamlined. I couldn't recommend it more. I honestly think this was the most user-friendly and efficient task management software that I have used across jobs.

Basecamp review by Rita N. S.
Customer Service Agent
(10,001+ employees)

"Efficient to handle group projects"

What do you like best?

Basecamp works with rapid speed and very reliable. Keeps all individuals on the same page. This award-winning software by Basecamp company is free for Educators. In fact, is the first kind to introduce Remote project management. All customers query resolved by 24/7 tech support team... Access to group chat rooms and sharing files and folders with video chat facilities.

What do you dislike?

Features are limited for individuals, personalization is not allowed and editing or making changes to the company's profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very efficient for project management and for collaboration with clients and team. It has become famous because of its professional and responsive team that works amazingly.

Collaboration has become easier than before. It provides the best and advanced functions. If I talk about its interface, that is incredibly excellent and easy to use. Basecamp has become a popular and widely used product everywhere. It is giving such amazing services. It is an advanced project management tool.

Basecamp review by Jose M.
Sales Manager
Retail

"Basecamp will be very useful to organize plans"

What do you like best?

The fact that not only has a group chat but also combines all the tools that teams need, together in one place, such as message boards, schedules, to-do lists, and storage of documents and files. All this in an organized and optimized way, so all the members of your team will know what to do with each tool. Your service for task management is very useful.

What do you dislike?

To our staff it seems a great fault that there is not an option to track hours and cats generated. You can not perform a recurring task management because we do not have an option to do it. Version control is obsolete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is highly recommended to those who need to have diverse administration tools in one place such as their chat and messaging service, group chat, calendar management, push notifications, surveys and comments, activity feed and news, discussion forums among others. With this platform it will be all in one place and organized instead of being dispersed.

This tool is very useful to manage the tasks of our company and divide it to different teams depending on each of their capabilities. The file sharing of basecamp is really intuitive and innovative, making it a great benefit for its users. Another benefit is its price, which is cheaper than the average of project management platforms.

Basecamp review by LUIS EDUARDO O.
Auxiliar administrativo

" If you want to organize projects in a simple and effective way, Basecamp is the perfect option"

What do you like best?

What we visualize optimistically is that it is a very easy to use system, it helps in a very professional way to solve any type of problem with the administration of my company. It helps to maintain communication with my employees.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like does not generate any kind of problem, it has an adjustable price, it is efficient, easy to use and very professional when it comes to carrying out all my work. I have no complaints, it's the perfect software

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to communicate with your customers, share documents, create a calendar, assign responsibilities, Basecamp is the right one

For us it is gratifying to say that it is the perfect system if you have a company with few employees, it helps you to carry out a good administration and at a low cost, I recommend it a lot since it works for me wonderfully

Basecamp review by Barbara F. M.
HR Assistant
(10,001+ employees)

"Basecamp is a very useful tool to organize"

What do you like best?

It is a very easy to use tool, it keeps tracks of all the activities that are going on within the project. You can set due dates, responsible and set email alerts when the activities are almost due.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve on how to use the software. Limited functionality/customization, could use some further development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was a great platform years ago as there was not a lot of collaboration SaaS out there. It's outdated now and way too pricey for what you get. Used it for quite some time, a good way to organize projects on the go with other employees.

We use this tool to keep track of projects that are going on within the company, we add responsible users that collaborate in the project and it leaves a history so that everyone involved in the project can see what happened. It also has a calendar which makes it easier to track activities.

Basecamp review by Kelly M B.
Human Resources Assistant
(10,001+ employees)

"Basecamp keeps an excellent order and up to date with my team"

What do you like best?

Great tool to work with and ensure all team members can share all necessary information such as due dates, job progress reports, and calendars during a project. The platform offers file sharing, to do lists and has its own chatroom which is ideal for project management.

What do you dislike?

Had to identify where others are when working on a project together. It won't have a feature to create Gantt chart, it seems hard to store file in clouds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall very useful for storage and collaboration. Easy to use, everything is very intuitive and privacy and notification settings are customizable.

It is very convenient for me to check the progress of my projects. It is a project management software. There are many options such as calendar, everything, progress and etc. in the calendar we can save the dates and things to do on that date. In progress, we can check the progress of the project and what we have done yesterday, tomorrow and old history also. In everything, we can check single files, read documents, browse every discussion and can check all forwarded emails.

Basecamp review by Ellis R.
Project Coordinator
(10,001+ employees)

"All the tools in one place"

What do you like best?

It is satisfying to have this app with us because it helps us as a team to the elaboration of the daily or long-term tasks that it has to perform, assigning each user a part of the task that he / she has to do with a deadline date and having a control of the progress of the task of each one to establish if the delivery time stipulated if it will be reached to arrive

All documents are stored in the same place so that every user who needs to enter to search for a file in the cloud finds it easy and in order without danger that these documents are damaged or lost

With the group chat on the same basecamp platform, it helps me to save time so as not to move to a separate app because every task that is done has its own chat to talk about the topic that is being discussed and send us the project files

What do you dislike?

I would like them to have more options of prices although the one they have is very good because it has no limit of users to work in the same account, it is only that which seems to me that it has to be implemented in case some basecamp user does not have the money to buy the $ 99 a month and would like to acquire this platform for a cheaper price

Help to be very aware of each task that is done to have a close follow-up without having to move to the offices of my colleagues or be opening emails to see the progress that I send everything I have in the same place and help me in my work to have everything organized also to make the delivery of each task faster because it saves time at work

Basecamp review by Scott H.
Owner

"Flexible Project Management for Client and Team Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Basecamp 3 offers teams a robust online space to collaborate on projects of almost any type. Clients easily grasp Basecamp and quickly become valuable collaborators on their projects. Basecamp offers many tools that can be turned off or on depending on a project's needs. Basecamp 3 offers robust document creation features so specs and instructions can contain imbedded media. This has vastly improved our documentation. Basecamp integrates with popular timekeeping and other services via Chrome Extensions.

What do you dislike?

I would love to track "work in progress" and start and end times for individual To-dos and lists. A kanban board view would also help visualize our work better. Other than that, it's a great service we rely on daily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a Project Management solution that measures a lot of metrics, Basecamp is not for you. But if you want a flexible solution that can accommodate many types of projects of varying sizes, one that is easy to learn and use, I can't think of anything better than Basecamp 3.

We needed a project management service that offered a place to collaborate with our clients on custom software projects and support. Each person on a project can be assigned tasks, notified about changes and post comments so everyone knows what is on their plates. Basecamp 3 allows us to keep To-do lists, comments, documents internal to the team until we are ready for the client to offer their input. Fast filtering across all projects makes sure nothing is lost.

Basecamp review by Sofia B. C.
Human Resources Assistant
(10,001+ employees)

"Basecamp is a good way to keep the team in communication"

What do you like best?

I like it because in this way it is easy for teams to communicate and interact for project execution within the same platform. It is an ideal collaborative tool. It is easy to create a to-do list as well as optimize scheduling activities and so many other things.

What do you dislike?

I like but, require more features to be added .. more customized UI, I wish there was a way to use the list and card function together to organize tasks and documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great project management tool.This is an awesome product to help your teams keep projects organized. This has been perfect for our teams and projects. It has also been a useful tool for personal project management of my daily tasks.

Before we started using Basecamp, we had different communication links, even within teams. It was really difficult to communicate with peers and receive prompt responses. Now that has become possible.

Basecamp review by Pol Juvé R.
HR BUSINESS PARTNER

"With basecamp planning an activity is ridiculously simple"

What do you like best?

Something that we have always liked about basecamp is its excellent internal chat tool, which allows us to easily communicate with team members. We really like your project document management system, and also allow you to brainstorm ideas and forums to discuss issues about each project. The system for tracking the progression of each project is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Basecamp has many limitations, because it does not allow us to manage project portfolios, ideas, resources or budgets. Nor does it offer an adequate system for tracking costs until the completion of projects. It does not have the capacity to manage agile methodologies, nor to manage customizable models of the projects. Basecamp does not have any videoconferencing function, nor view of tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We want to recommend basecamp to those small work teams that mainly work remotely, since it will always be easy to know what other team members are doing. We highly recommend your brainstorming tool. Basecamp is highly recommended to track milestones correctly.

Basecamp has solved several of our business problems. One of them was thread management among staff, and file sharing. It has also helped us a lot with the management of the activity calendars, which luckily are very customizable. Basecamp centralizes many tools in one place, and that has made our work more comfortable.

Basecamp review by Betty L.
Senior Manager

"All more united"

What do you like best?

assign tasks with expiration date helps us to have a more orderly work to distribute the time well taking into account the date to be delivered and finished the final work in group in addition to having a progress report and know if everything is going well or there is something to improve

Clients can see the files they need for each folder that is created with important information or of interest to them

the function to pay the same without importing the users that are in the platform with the same account is great for that reason we acquire Basecamp

What do you dislike?

the support seemed to me that it takes time to answer the help tickets I sent them and I had to wait until 2 days to respond to me is the only bad thing that I feel does not work well on the platform

we all work more united and having controls of the tasks that have to be carried out so as not to leave at the last moment the arrangements that have to be made and to lose more time so when the delivery date is given everything is well done

Basecamp review by Roy A.
Administrativo

"More orderly workflow"

What do you like best?

with basecamp I can work those projects that need to be in a team working because I can assign tasks to the other members and track the work that has made each one and comment on it if there are errors to correct it

has everything I need to work in teams in the best way without problems also I also like the option of the message board in which we can all comment on the work or project we are doing without having thousands of messages in the email talking about that and in the blackboard we can have a unique place and monitoring of the project

What do you dislike?

the storage seems a bit limited that can be occupied very fast for that price paid monthly should expand a little more because it is a large company we manage many files that make storage look little

with Basecamp the projects are carried out in collaboration with other members, having the control and the information in one place without danger to be lost and all going at the same time working in a team in a dynamic way

Basecamp review by Lixin W.
UI/UX Designer

"Good for small scale project management"

What do you like best?

Basecamp has a simple interface that makes it easy to learn how to use. Communication is made easy by providing options to attach files, and choose who in the team we want to send it to. It's great for sharing meeting notes and important documents. The calendar helps communicate our game plan to clients and can be used to track team member's PTO/availability. Messages can be sent to emails, ensuring that everyone sees it even if they don't open Basecamp.

What do you dislike?

The aesthetic design is behind the times. Basecamp has all the basic features, but nothing extraordinary. WIsh there was an "@" option to reply to specific people, rather than everyone in the message chain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is good for managing projects on a small to medium scale, but it may be difficult to adapt for large projects with lots of people and resources.

Basecamp is great for communicating with clients and teammates on small to medium-sized consulting projects. The interface is minimal so it is easy for those who are unfamiliar to learn its features.