Capsule CRM Reviews & Product Details

What is Capsule CRM?

The smart simple online CRM. Build stronger customer relationships, make more sales and save time

Capsule CRM Screenshots

Capsule CRM Profile Details

Capsule CRM Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Zestia Ltd
Description
Zestia Solutions is a technology delivery and consulting company. Our team is knowledgeable and committed in delivering software that is designed to meet real business requirements not technical wizardry for its own sake. We believe the simplest solutions are the most elegant.
2007

1-25 of 44 total Capsule reviews

Capsule CRM Reviews

1-25 of 44 total Capsule reviews
Sales Attendant

"CRM aimed at improving your sales"

What do you like best?

I really like this system because it gives my business a unique comfort in handling, thanks to the interface it has that is very friendly and allows us to have everything organized. It has functions that make my company grow. This system also allows me to modify my control board at my pleasure and to prioritize tasks with it.

This system is very versatile and I like it because it allows me to integrate it with other sales systems in order to better see some functions of customer behavior and detect better sales opportunities.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I have no complaints about this great tool, however I can say that some errors in the system are annoying, but they are not from the other world.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a system that has a good CRM in order to have excellent readings of your sales and how to improve, here I recommend Capsule CRM with closed eyes. I am sure that after you buy and try this wonderful tool you will not want to switch to any other similar system, because Capsule CRM has it all.

Thanks to this system, I can group clients into different sections, for example: responsible clients and irresponsible clients, in order to be more effective in collecting their respective invoices.

Thanks to how light this system is, I can have it without problem in my laptop, allowing me to be able to make good plans, also at leisure I can return to the classes of this system that was taught to me by the excellent customer service team , in order to reinforce knowledge to be more optimal in the use of this system.

Marketing Manager

"A worthy CRM platform with great accountability features"

What do you like best?

It doesn't take long to sign up for Capsule and get started with new cases and opportunities. The interface has a light and pleasant design that is comfortable for me to use. I don't feel like it's too technical a platform. I can go in and understand, for the most part, what each section is for and how to add and edit information in it. I like being able to add tags to various data elements so that they're all connected within the same category, which improves our overall organization and focus.

What do you dislike?

Capsule isn't incredibly advanced compared to what some other CRM platforms offers. There are no substantive automation capabilities that would allow us to run email campaigns and other types of marketing activities that could steadily nurture leads towards a conversion. The per user pricing for the most premium plan is on the high side, in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Capsule is great way for teams to be connected and touch with each other in a streamlined way. You can consolidate most of your team communications and resources by integrating external business applications.

We were just looking for a simple CRM platform that could help us log and keep track of activities and assignments, which Capsule has done fairly well. The user interface and usability is basically simple for most of us that use it. It's a solid centralized portal that we can use to connect with each other to provide updates on pipeline progress and to collaborate on planning campaigns and lead follow-up actions.

Editor/Project Manager

"Overall Good System"

What do you like best?

There are a few things I really enjoy about Capsule. One of the greatest things is its ability to export lists into whatever you need. You can get them as CSVs, Worksheets, or even put them straight into MailChimp. The ability to assign tasks is another great feature of Capsule. It's clear who is supposed to be doing what when. It also allows what seems like an unlimited number of fields you can add so you can be as specific as possible. It's nice that there are fields but also tags, so there are a couple different ways to search based on what you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

I really, really wish this was more searchable. It offers up all of these options for you to be able to leave notes in different accounts. You can leave notes, history, files, create opportunities, but you can't search for anything in the notes! It can be pretty frustrating if you rely on previous comments about people to know if you should be using them or not. It just adds more clicks to the process. It's also frustrating that you can't organize the notes section better or pin things to the top. If you have a lot of notes, things get lost really fast. And because you can't search for content within notes, it means you're stuck digging through extensive notes to find what you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a place to track data, this is a great system. As long as you don't have comprehensive notes you need to search and are mostly relying on data, I'd definitely recommend this system.

We use Capsule to manage client accounts/info and to house all of our information on our freelancers. We are quickly and easily able to see their contact information, the amount of strikes they have against them, their username, their test grades, when thy passed their tests, if they require certain tax documents, if they're active or inactive within our system, which country they live in, etc. That is all thanks to the many fields they allow you to have. It's an awesome way to house and track information if you know how to use it properly.

Independent Educational Consultant
Individual & Family Services

"Light but Powerful CRM for Small Business"

What do you like best?

Capsule has all the elements I need for my small business to function well, and these elements are organized clearly in an incredibly easy-to-navigate system. I love that I can customize fields for my particular business, and that the sales pipeline tools give me a very clear picture of all my sale opportunities. The look is very clean! It also integrates with other systems I use (GSuite, Freshbooks, MailChimp, etc.), and the support team is awesome. I've only had a couple of support issues and these were handled VERY quickly.

What do you dislike?

It's not always super keyboard-friendly, and I prefer to use my keyboard more than my mouse. But this is minor.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a light CRM that will allow you to get started very easily, try out Capsule! As you try it, think about how your business is structured and how you can customize it (fields, tracks, integrations) to make it more powerful for your business!

Before Capsule, I was using this amazing technology called PAPER. No, don't Google it. I mean literal paper. Not a great system. I was ready to grow my team beyond myself, so Capsule allows us to collaborate. I also had very poor follow-up on leads previously, but being able to assign a customized track to my Opportunities in Capsule keeps these leads from falling through the cracks. I'm doing a much better job of maintaining contact with my clients (I'm in a service business that requires a high level of personal communication), again with customized tracks of to-do tasks. My business has certainly grown in ways it wouldn't have done without Capsule.

"Capsule is all encompassing for Sales CRM "

What do you like best?

Task managers - setting reminders - connecting directly to your email and recording there - the use of macros is simple and very user friendly

We communicate with a team across the united states and this is our HUB for sales and what the entire sales team uses to track leads and to track progress of sales leads, time to close, etc

What do you dislike?

That Capsule doesn't like properly to my gmail calendar but does work great with the reminders for them.

I feel that the sales pipeline could use some updating and be more comprehensive like other CRMs I have reviewed. The sales pipeline for others seems to be more detailed and directed as opposed to simple/basic needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to clean up any duplication accounts before you merge. We have had trouble with duplicated data and old data being found accidentally.

Sales pipeline and the use of notes to communicate between out of state sales team members

This CRM is paramount to the success of our sales team and even with misuse of the software by poorly skilled team members, it is still easy to figure out what happened, where they left off and what needs to be done next.

mr

"pretty good crm"

What do you like best?

One of the best things is its capacity to send out records into whatever you need. You can get them as CSVs, Worksheets, or even put them straight into MailChimp. The capacity to dole out assignments is another incredible component of Capsule. It's reasonable who should do what when. It likewise permits what appears as though a boundless number of fields you can include so you can be as explicit as could be expected under the circumstances. It's pleasant that there are fields yet in addition labels, so there are a couple diverse approaches to seek dependent on what you're searching for.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the business pipeline could utilize some refreshing and be progressively complete like different CRMs I have checked on. The business pipeline for others is by all accounts progressively itemized and coordinated instead of straightforward/essential needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

On the off chance that you are a SME this is an incredible item, with a greatly improved UI/UX than Salesforce.com and a much,much better value point. It plays actually pleasantly with Xero, and Mailchimp with a simple incorporation process.

Concentrating client data, monitoring extraordinary assignments.

Director

"Excellent all round CRM package"

What do you like best?

Competitively priced and cheaper and easier to use than Sales Force. Cloud based and superior to Act which I have been using between 1998 and 2016.

What do you dislike?

Calendar and task view can be a little annoying to use when trying to move a task to another month but you do get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have recommended Capsule to another Sales Agent and he is going to look at it. For anyone who needs a prod in following up, recording notes and correspondence such as quotes, letters and emails, this is ideal.I have run sales force data bases in the past and this would be ideal for both Sales Managers and field sales reps.

I like the grouping features and this allows me flexibility with customer records, particularly as I am a Manufacturers Rep (Sales Agent) and quite often have one account shared between two or three principals.

CI

"Easy and intuitive. i.e. it will actually get used."

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, has a pleasing UI like Asana. It includes 'Cases' which are customizable multi-user sequential and parallel customer success workflows which can be triggered immediately by sales events like deal close. It integrates with everything! I recommend CRMs to companies in my work. I've used Pipedrive, Salesforce, Active Campaign, Hubspot CRM, MS Dynamics. For small businesses I keep coming back to Capsule CRM for it's ease and simplicity. Low cost is a bonus

What do you dislike?

A few years ago, there weren't user view settings that restricted people to be able to only see their deals. It was every sees everything by default. That's been fixed. No complaints now.

This software is great for companies that need a lightweight solution that is easy to use and offers just enough customization but not too much. It has a pleasing intuitive interface. The biggest problem with CRMs is adoption by end-users. If there's too much of a learning curve and/or it doesn't integrate into their day/workflow in a frictionless manner, it just won't get used. This is a software I've implemented at multiple small businesses and people like it.

Director

"Really excellent 'entry level' CRM, very easy to start using"

What do you like best?

Simplicity: Parties, Tasks, Cases, Opportunities... that's it. By being so simple it's immediately effective. There is really very little to learn in order to start using it effectively. From first sign-up to productive within the hour is a good expectation.

Capsule has several API connected systems, e.g. Xero and Zapier so, in general, you can find a connected solution that will fulfil the bits that Capsule doesn't deliver.

What do you dislike?

In that classic balance - it's simplicity can be limiting. For most organisations in the Capsule target demographic this is unlikely to cause concern.

It's possible to customise the system using custom fields, 'tags' etc but that can lead you to an elaborate workaround. For instance managing customer support contracts is simple - create a 'Support Contract' data tag for cases, start date, expiry fields... but adding a list of supported components is less straightforward.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want simplicity then go for Capsule. It's got good integrations off the shelf which are super easy to set up. We used:

* Gmail (via Google Apps extension)

* Kashflow and later Xero

* Freshdesk

* Twitter

* LinkedIn

* Zapier

* Mailchimp

If you are expecting to have a highly customised CRM with extra modules that have structured data (e.g. product lists) then you may wish to look elsewhere.

Centralising customer information, keeping track of outstanding tasks.

Owner

"Simple & Robust CRM"

What do you like best?

Capsule calendar is superior (in my opinion) for managing and scheduling tasks than Hubspot or Infusionsoft.

What do you dislike?

The left-hand sidebar for Opportunity/Case info used to be limited in characters (bad), now it seems unlimited but hidden by a "more" click after only a few lines (slightly less bad).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's not a mailing list management program, like InfusionSoft or Hubspot can be. But I have used those other two and can say that Capsule seems way easier to use "out of the box". Way more options in those other ones, but also more wrangling.

If you need to connect a lot of different solutions and require a high level of automation, maybe it is not the way to go. But for a small team who mainly needs to keep track of clients and manage overlapping complex schedules, I love it.

Client management and sales/delivery scheduling.

(Myself Only)

"Basically the best for me."

What do you like best?

Capsule CRM has a clear yet nice design that makes it very easy and enjoyable to use. As a 'one-man-band' it supports my business in several ways:

The pipeline gives me a comprehensive overview of opportunities I am working on. Its Milestones are adaptable.

Importing contacts is easy. Lists can be filtered by tags. Crosslinks are quite effective (to Companies, Opportunities, 'Cases' et cetera).

'Cases' help me organise projects. I also use them to store information that is not related to clients in.

I use 'Tracks' for standard workflows; they are basically lists of tasks that you compose once and then use where and whenever you want.

I use 'Tasks' a lot! I can link them to anything I like. They are presented in lists or in the calendar.

Almost all lists and overviews can be adapted / filtered easily to make them fit your needs.

Capsule also comes with an app for iPhone and Android.

Oh, yes: the service is fantastic!

All of this is priced very reasonably as well.

What do you dislike?

Capsule CRM tasks do not support 'end-times'. This means, that tasks and appointments have a standard duration time of one hour. I use color-coded tags to overcome this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend Capsule to anyone who wants a CRM that works for them and not the other way around.

I can even imagine it a good alternative for larger companies that want to have an effective and absolute clutter-free system for a change.

Capsule solved my problem with clarity mainly. I now have everything in one place, from email correspondence to 'cold-calling lists' (click-to-call) to standardized replies (Cases) projects and proposals. The app allows me to be up to date everywhere I go.

Capsule also made it possible for me to plan sales activities or projects in a standardized way through 'Tracks', so I never miss a step.

"Capsule gives our company the tools to offer succinct services without a hitch!"

What do you like best?

I like how the task, case, and track features gives each of our employees the ability to see exactly where we are with each client without wondering who has done what. By looking at "notes," I can see who has last called a client and what needs to be done next. My staff appreciates that I don't need to ask them where they are on projects because I can see their individual tasks and deadlines. These features alone give me peace of mind!

What do you dislike?

I wish the search feature was better developed. With my terrible memory, I don't always remember a potential client's name or company. I've put in a request to improve this feature at Capsule CRM, and they have always been receptive to my suggestions. I like working with them for that very reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Capsule to businesses trying to improve communication and productivity.

COMMUNICATION! I've been in business for over 40 years and communication between myself and my staff have always been the most important, yet most frustrating problem in my service business. Clients need to know that the right hand is talking to the left hand, and up-to-the-minute updates is impossible when emailing or talking to a large staff. That's why I love Capsule. When everyone inputs last conversations, copies of emails, and updates, we run a well-greased machine! During meetings, we all create tasks for ourselves so nobody drops the ball. I find that staff appreciate having all of the information right at the tips of their fingers so they can make strategic moves that benefit our company.

"Relatively Robust, and Affordable!"

What do you like best?

Capsule serves all its purposes very satisfactorily. It doesn't have very many bells and whistles, or email campaign options like other CRM databases, but it is very useful for logging contact information, making notes, generating tasks, and running reports. You can categorize contacts by organization, people, and deal opportunities, and also by customized tags and custom fields.

What do you dislike?

Very few things to dislike. The only way to export contacts with notes is to export the entire database into Excel and sort from there; there is no option within the database's reporting capabilities to generate the notes for specific contacts.

Capsule also does not have email campaign capabilities or drip campaign options, but those are high-price items that only come with the big CRM monsters.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for solely a contact log, Capsule is the only one I'm interested in using. If you need a one-stop-shop with the ability to email contacts, Capsule will not provide that... but no service will provide that for less than $20/month/user.

For our small business (5-10 team members), Capsule provides us with one location to input all of our data. We can track contacts, organizations, and opportunities, as well as opportunity stages and milestones, while customizing categories and notes for all of it. It is incomparably more affordable than any of the other CRMs I've used.

E

"The best small business CRM out there"

What do you like best?

Very easy product to get set up, continuous innovation from the company means great new features. We especially like the global search function and the telephony integrations. The Mailchimp integration is really useful for us too. The new Kanban board is just awesome.

What do you dislike?

Its too fast sometimes, the filtering functionality is due an upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are an SME this is a great product, with a much better UI/UX than Salesforce.com and a much,much better price point. It plays really nicely with Xero, and Mailchimp with a very easy integration process.

Managing customer and prospect data in a secure and compliant manner, ensuring all our business communications are logged and visible to authorised team members. The product ticks all the boxes for our needs as a small business, and looks to have the features we will need as we scale up.

Business Development Manager

"Excellent SME CRM"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and ease of use are Capsule's main features.

The interface is simple and intuitive, and up time is very high.

The breadcrumb feature showing recent records which have been visited is very useful.

We don;t use the cases feature but it is a good inclusion for small businesses who don't have another help desk/support system.

The Capsule API's are very strong and robust so integration with other other systems is possible.

What do you dislike?

The reporting module is poor with limited flexibility.

Email integration is manual, using a BCC for outbound mails and a Gmail gadget for inbound. Messages can be linked to opportunities or contacts, but Capsule sometimes doesn't find all the opportunities.

We are about to hit the 50,000 record limit which is causing us some problems.

Importing data is a little cumbersome as two passes are required - orgnisations first then contacts. De-duping is also painful.

Capsule handles all our prospect and customer interactions. The integration with MailChimp is very strong and is proving worthwhile.

field agent/representative
Building Materials
(Myself Only)

"Near prefect on-line CRM soltion for small teams"

What do you like best?

I was looking for a CRM solution like this for near a year. As I'm in service sector most important to me is a CRM that have a good contact history with my standard clients. Defintions of data fields for clients is fantastic feature. Other necesity was that I can define my own protocols for clients (standard clients, une-time clients, state company, etc). One more thing is to have always defined repetitive tasks.

What do you dislike?

Pipeline is rough, it's look like not finished part. Cases is still a mystery to me as there is practicaly no help regarding this feature. Help in general is missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a perfect on-line CRM solution for smal lteams. I presented it to 2 of business partners that startd imediately using it as it solving same problems that I had in my business.

I solved many problems with CAPSULE:

- client management/history

- orders protocols

- task management.

Principal Consultant
Internet

"Simple, easy-to-use CRM"

What do you like best?

Capsule is very easy-to-use, very straightforward with a nice user interface that gets the job done. There are two features that I really like. The first is the communication history attributed to each contact. I can attach emails, files and my own notes. The second feature is the automatic sourcing of social media links for contacts.

What do you dislike?

The single biggest downside to Capsule is it's lack of support for user-based permissions and roles. Currently, you can't define user access permissions by group or role. So if you have a sales team and say an account management team, you can not prevent your sales team members from accessing contacts owned by your account management team. In other words, any user with has access to your CRM can see every contact, including communication history, notes, files, etc.

This feature has been requested by hundreds, if not thousands, of Capsule users and has largely been ignored for years.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to be able to add multiple users to your CRM and need to define what information they have access to based on group or role, then you probably want to look at another CRM.

We use capsule as a repository to store notes, emails and important files for our customers, vendors and other contacts.

Software Developer

"Great CRM that keeps things simple but also powerful. I used calendars, workflows and integrations."

What do you like best?

I liked the calendar and event tracking, the Google Apps integration and also the possibility to create workflows.

Feature list:

* Contact management

* Event (calls, mails, meetings) management and tracking

* Selling/Partnership workflow

* Reporting: ROI, income, selling, future perspectives

* Social Networks and services integration (loved it)

* Email seamless integration (worked amazingly perfect)

* Google Apps and other integrations

* Support cases

* Mobile app support

What do you dislike?

It felt that it could have a more productive UI in some times, specially on the calendar view.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a product that can do everything an entrepreneur needs. It would easily fulfill small companies or small teams necessity. I would not recommend, though, if you are looking for a lot of integrations, tons of fancy features and reports.

It is a CRM to have the work done: straightforward, direct and simple to use, although it is powerful enough to keep track of appointments, contacts, event history, workflow, selling/income reports and future planning. It also can do support and request management.

I used Capsule CRM to keep track of commercial contacts over the phone, email and personal meetings. The calendar helped me organize the contacts and I kept track of all contacts, the discussed subjects and date/time of each event. The workflow feature allowed me to setup a workflow that made my life way easier because I could keep track of the stage I was on the conversations with each prospect.

AG

"Solid solution, good option overall, could be more intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like that this is easy on the eyes and does the basics. It isn't overcrowded with unnecessary features, but it is quite customizable which is nice. The theme is simple, not a ton of color variation or shape variation- just squares with basic text.

It has a great feature where you can BCC emails to the CRM so your customer interactions are always captured. I wish it were automatic so Id din't have to think of it every time, but still a super super useful feature.

What do you dislike?

I with that this CRM system had a way for me to "archive" leads that have given me a firm NO so they didn't show up in my list. I always with that I could sort my contacts by location (state, region, etc).

I wish states were offered as a drop down box to select options rather than type them in because if there is even one type-o then you can no longer look up individual businesses or contacts by state. A drop down box would eliminate all error. This same concept can be applied in multiple portions of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go with the trial period and test every feature. Make sure it has all of the small nuances you need but don't always thinking when making your CRM wishlist!

We are organizing client data, notes, and sales.

The benefit is that everything is in one place and multiple users can log in to this software at one time.

Creative Director

"Good value, very flexible and with great customer service"

What do you like best?

The clean and simple interface, the diary and the pipeline

What do you dislike?

Some of the search methods are a little clunky. For example if I want to search for something that has NOT got several tags I can't just select them from a tick list I have to use the dropdown for each one, or precisely type each one in

Helps me organise my day, and see what prospects I have in the pipeline

IT Manager
(Myself Only)

"an easy to use CRM for managing clients and customers"

What do you like best?

Capsule CRM is easy to use, makes it easy to track interactions with customers and clients, is helpful in managing work reminders through recurring tasks, and integrates well with other services through the use of Zapier

What do you dislike?

no dislikes, it is simple enough to use and works for my business needs

Custom fields makes the CRM a little more configurable, but it works well as is to manage cases, tasks, reminders and more.

"Very satisfied customer"

What do you like best?

Capsule is so easy to use; I love the interface and the ease of adding custom fields. My favourite feature is Tracks which gives me peace of mind that no step in my various processes is every missed.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to export tasks. This is not currently possible although tasks can be printed.

It provides me with a repository for client data, manages workflow and associated task management.

AC

"Capsule CRM easy interface and functional"

What do you like best?

I like that the system is very easy to use and has a really clean interface. It's very easy to track the progress of leads and create and complete tasks for your records. It's very useful how you can put a Dropbox link in the bcc line of the email and then the email message appears below the record. Capsule also integrates well with other systems.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I don't like but perhaps they can add some more customization options inside the program. I also don't think that the app for mobile devices works very well, it is kind of incomplete and this is something that they can work on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use and reasonable pricing. Their support team is always helpful and quick to respond.

We're keeping track of our software resellers, possible and current. Sometimes it's hard to know what stage you're on with such partners but Capsule works very well to help in this. The benefits are being in control and knowing how to act and when to do it.

Owner
Events Services

"Perfect for a job that doesn't require much customization"

What do you like best?

It's nice that it sends reminders and can be synced with my calendar.

What do you dislike?

I just started using Capsule and just like Trello, I'm having a hard time falling in love. For weddings it's not very intuitive and seems like a lot of work. Perhaps I just can't get past the main page/ dash board. It's too crowded and I wish there was a way to filter the view (by keywords) or minimize the conversations, or view more of the updates on a particular client without having to click away.

Lead management and follow up

Database Administrator
Primary/Secondary Education

"Great, customizable CRM"

What do you like best?

The number of custom fields and angles of usability is great. My husband's company has a niche use of a CRM, and I was able to set up Capsule to fit his needs and budget. It's not a perfect solution, but I'm confident it's the best solution for the budget, for now.

What do you dislike?

It's very easy to use and customizable for a free solution...but I'd really like something a bit more customizable and/or deep.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to do anything that isn't cookie-cutter with a CRM, but have a small budget, Capsule may be a great fit!

Having all business contacts and actions stored in a central, organized, cloud-based system.

Capsule CRM Pricing

Professional Edition
Free Edition

Capsule CRM Features

• Contact & Account Management
  • Partner Relationship Mgmt. (PRM)
  • Opportunity & Pipeline Mgmt.
  • Task / Activity Management