4.3 out of 5
Do you work for Bitbucket?

Bitbucket Reviews & Product Details

What is Bitbucket?

Bitbucket is the Git solution for professional teams. It provides collaboration and code management around the versioning of your codebase. Every piece of core functionality has been built to help software teams work better together. This ranges from collaboration to integrations & extensibility, security, and scalability. Bitbucket allows software teams to collaborate around their source code, secure their code base, enforce development workflows, and scale as their team grows. It integrates with JIRA Software for traceability from feature ideation through deployment. Bitbucket provides a platform for developers to discuss code changes, a window into development progress for development managers, and a performant version control system for system admins.

Bitbucket Screenshots

Bitbucket Profile Details

Bitbucket Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Atlassian
Description
Atlassian is a provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 50,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), their advancing the power of collaboration with products including JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, and Bitbucket.
2002

Bitbucket Reviews

1-50 of 353 total Bitbucket reviews

Bitbucket Reviews

1-50 of 353 total Bitbucket reviews
Bitbucket review by Daniel O.
Developer

"Great and evolving"

What do you like best?

Bitbucket has been improving itself over time to provide us with tool for the complete development process. With pipelines, tickets, Jira integration and so on, this is a really complete tool.

What do you dislike?

Some features are not really complete yet, pipelines for instance still have a lot o work that needs to be done. There's no easy way to setup a user independent Application Token for using the File Download/Upload API, PR review experience is still far from ideal (new UI is better, but there's still too much info on screen, even though most of the needed info is not there).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in into all the integrations and features, they are simple and usefull

Code versioning, CI/CD. I feel that having a single tool for following the development pipeline is something really good, bitbucket also provides us with interesting functionalities, such as configuring the project branching strategy, which is a simple but really useful feature.

Bitbucket review by Tom Y.
Senior Front-End Developer

"Coding will stay safe"

What do you like best?

Bitbucket is a nice repository for our coding etc. We use it in our department working between two countries. We can easily share our work and grant access without to much hassle. Our source codes are safe here and can be located in unlimited personal repositories or shared. It's simple and we can even invite project managers if they need to share coding with clients.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow sometimes and it is also getting quite expensive when you get to be a bunch of users. Integrations are limited so you might feel like a need to buy other products from same provider. Searching of coding can be a bit of a hassle and if you find you don't have access you're kind of stuck and need to find the owner on your own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that your team size will stay the same once implemented as it can get very expensive and consider if you would like to work with Atlassian products in general.

We have a place for out codes and we can audit what happened to them. We can share codes easily due to a nice interface. All developers can keep coding in local repository but also share.

Bitbucket review by Akshay H.
PhD Student
Research

"Bitbucket is the primary codeshare and version control"

What do you like best?

Bitbucket allows us to have a group account for the entire lab. We are then also able to have multiple projects split according to the kind of work we are doing, which can then be split into individual repositories which inturn have individual branches. The UI is clean, and easy to navigate to reach these numerous options.

What do you dislike?

A problem which probably plagues all git systems is that when multi partner projects are being done, there can be several merge conflicts which don't have a good solution as yet other than manually undoing changes to reach the base version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although it's not as popular as GitHub and that causes answer finding difficult at times, Bitbuckets own helpdesk/how to guides are very useful to navigate through any information you may need.

Bitbucket is used for all our code at the lab. It allows for multiple users and also shows a good representation of the branches and when they split and the number of commits between them.

Bitbucket review by Habid S.
Web Developer
Internet
(Myself Only)

"Great repository manager"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Bitbucket is its beautiful interface that, together with the power of its dashboard, allows you to easily manage several repositories and organize your work much better.

This service has a dashboard very well designed with many useful options for the management of repositories, especially those related to privacy (allows private repositories). In addition Bitbucket allows you to import repositories of other services such as GitLab or GitHub by just entering the URL, the speed with which it imports the repositories is fast, it only takes a few minutes.

The control tools for commits in the repository are very useful to check at all times that people have made changes, this history of commits allows us to see the user, the branch and the date in which the changes occurred.

What do you dislike?

After having thoroughly tested Bitbucket, the only mistake I found is that perhaps the names of the menus could appear next to the dashboard icons in order to identify more easily which place we are accessing. Although over time they end up memorizing the menus for new people for the first time, it can be negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Bitbucket interface is very intuitive and beautiful, if you are looking for a repository manager to use from your browser, I definitely recommend this application because, besides pretty, it works very fast and allows you to configure many security options for repositories.

I needed a repository manager where I could manage everything from a well-organized dashboard and that presented an attractive interface since I was going to waste a lot of time looking at the screen. In Bitbucket I found in addition to a nice interface a great tool to control my projects, in addition I could import all my repositories that I previously hosted in a remote server just by entering the URL.

Bitbucket review by Gabriella A.
Desarrollador de software y aplicaciones

" Great software with private repositories to store our codes."

What do you like best?

Because I like? it is very simple to say, it is because it provides the best private repositories and without limit of number that is to say you can create the ones you want, its interface is extremely nice which makes its use very simple, it is ideal to store a large amount of codes of organizations or companies and the best thing is that it offers a great price and can be integrated with several services.

What do you dislike?

A sincerity I consider that it is one of the best software that was used for this function so that I have nothing negative to say, it is super complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bitbucket makes it much easier to check your peer codes or to carry out a control of your Hosting, thanks to the fact that it allows you to create unlimited private repositories ideal for your small, medium or large company and all this can be done in a very simple because it is very easy to use.

In our company we use Bitbucket to carry out a follow-up of our large projects, and we compare our peer codes in order to carry out a better management of them, besides this it is very interactive and intuitive, so working with it makes everything very simple.

Bitbucket review by Boris A.
CEO

"Very good version control system"

What do you like best?

Bitbucket is very easy to use software service. The best part is that it allows having a private repo with up to 5 people inside. This is a very good feature for startups and small teams to have code under the private repository. With bitbucket the code review process is very easy, you can write comments make changes right inside the pull request or commit. It also has all integrations with other Atlassian's software which can save a lot of time. Once your project up and running with more people (more than 5) the price is very affordable.

What do you dislike?

I have been using bitbucket for 3-5 years and so far there are no points which I dislike. The only thing is that the service becomes down for a few minutes and this is really frustrating as no code or commands can be deployed. And another point is that the repo has 2gb size limit but I don't think this is a case as it supposed to store only code and note media files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a free software service which supports private repositories for up to 5 people. I definitely recommend to give it a try as it is free (for small teams and projects) and very easy to use.

Nowadays when the project consists of many people there is no way to work on the code by one. The whole team work on the project and bitbucket gives the ability to control the code flow and the software versioning. It has all the tools which make the development process very easy and smooth.

BitBucket allows us to have private repos with very easy to use interface. And in case you are working on a small project with a team up to 5 people you don't need to pay anything.

Bitbucket review by Pascal L.
Release Manager

"Bitbucket Server gives you full control of your code"

What do you like best?

It is great to be able to do the code review within Bitbucket.

Bitbucket work perfectly with all the other Atlasian products.

The plugin collection is pretty good. And the quality of the plug is great too.

It does offer a great interaction with Jenkins to execute CI/CD.

What do you dislike?

We don't like the fact that Bitbucket Cloud and Server or so much different.

We would have though that the later is the same has «bitbucket.org», but on premise. It is not, it is a different product with different set of Api.

The plugin market is great, but the price to add some basic functionality is something ridiculous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bitbucket is great and cheaper than other git management solution.

If you don't want to do an in house installation, use bitbucket on cloud.

We have move from different set of tool (gitolite, fisheye, crucible) to a single product Bitbucket.

It has reduce our product costs and maintenances fees.

Bitbucket review by Lin N.
Event Marketing Manager
Gambling & Casinos

"The effective solution for all team."

What do you like best?

I like the way of distributed release monitor system that makes it simple for us to cooperate with our working team. Always have unbroken access to the data center. The freedom to use our productivity quicker and from anywhere in the world. Wonderful tools to learn about.

What do you dislike?

Very good opportunity to manage all working steps which are really very easy and doesn't bring any bad issues. I don't have any ideas what you can to change on this software as I know that this program completely suits me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The bitbucket for sure will present to you a higher quality which you rea strongly need. Will provides you a benefit in communicating with all colleagues which you require. The better way to receive preferably involvement in your team.

Definitely, we completely enjoy with our working tool. We guess that we found the key to valid work which will help us to operate for results. Also, we have the opportunity to work with the big amount of our documents and we can store all of them in a very large memory place which is really very helpful for all of the team.

Bitbucket review by Phil N.
Co Founder

"Good value for growing business"

What do you like best?

What initially attracted me to Bitbucket was the free plan for source control, for up to 5 users. As a new company starting out I wanted to keep costs as low as possible, and so this was the main reason for signing up. However now we have grown out of the free tier, Bitbucket is still competitive with the other products on the market, and it has been easy to introduce continuous integration pipelines and run them in parallel in the cloud to minimise the time to run automated tests and deploy.

What do you dislike?

At the moment it isn't set permissions on tagging which is something we would benefit from https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/10967/restrict-pushing-git-tags-to-certain-users

Managing our source code, and automating our deployments to various environments in AWS.

Bitbucket review by Aaron J.

"BitBucket is a Great Alternative to GitHub"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and understand and intuitive. Issue tracker is easy to use.

But the main reason I love it is due to its pricing plan which blows GitHub's out of the water. Bitbucket offers private repos for free up to 5 members and if you want to add more members then there is a cost, whereas GitHub only offers private repos with a paid plan.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how each site has their own slight variation on the poorly defined Markdown markup language. I wish it adopted CommonMark which was started by recognizable figures in industry to better define the Markdown specification.

I don't like their size restriction of 2 GB on git repositories (although to be fair this is more an issue with git's performance at those sizes rather than an issue with BitBucket itself).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely start your private repos here instead of GitHub which is only more popular because they were established first.

BitBucket allows me to host private git repos for my multiple side projects which don't make revenue and I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise.

I also don't have to worry about paying if I want to give a few others access to my repo when working with others.

Bitbucket review by Valerio P.

"Excellent GIT Repository"

What do you like best?

With Bitbucket I can save my Git repositories in a safe and very reliable way. I have been working with this tool for several years and I have not had a single problem with it.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I can say that I do not like. With Bitbucket I have achieved everything I expected to save my development projects.

Perhaps the only thing I can mention is that working with the new templates to deploy a project can be a bit confusing at first, but on the Internet there are many guides that can help you solve that quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bitbucket for me is the benchmark in the market. Perhaps many may be inclined to use Github, but really if you are in the corporate sector, Bitbucket is for me the best option.

Because we are a company that develops software, we need a reliable private repository to store our projects and share it with the entire development team.

Bitbucket provides this alternative in a very reliable way. It also allows us to review the code and create pull request so that including updates without revision in a branch is very difficult.

Bitbucket review by Quinton C.
Lead Software Engineer

"Excellent Version Control System For Businesses"

What do you like best?

Not only is this solution to version control cheap, but it is excellent. This system can be based off of git or mercurial which is a huge plus to developers who are used to either of those systems. The price is either cheap or free depending on how you use the system which is a huge selling point to businesses like ours. It also has features such as an API that you can integrate into your projects.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike is that the GUI client that is available for download is a bit confusing. If you aren't familiar with git based systems and using CLI then this can be quite confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The main recommendation that I would have for those who are switching to Bitbucket is to know if you are going to use it as a git or a mercurial based system. If you are using it with a Git based system, make sure that you understand the Git CLI so that you can better resolve any issues that pop up.

We are using Bitbucket as a means of version control. We have realized that Bitbucket has much better features compared to other free systems such as Subversion.

Bitbucket review by Daniel L.
CEO / Founder

"Great Private Repos for Teams"

What do you like best?

BitBucket's interface for configuring your git repos is fantastic. Additionally, the ability to search code, review pull requests, and monitor your team's progress is great. Set up was trivial - we switched from self-hosted mercurial to BitBucket hosted git (even though Bitbucket can host mercurial repos). It took about 2 hours total to make the switch. Most of the time was spent waiting for the upload/push to complete. We were able to keep commit history as well which was a major plus.

What do you dislike?

The new UI change makes jumping between repositories difficult. For a startup, each developer works on multiple repositories and switching between them can be cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Set up an account and add a remote server to your repo. Push it there and then poke around and see how you like it. The nice thing about git/BitBucket is that it's very easy to try and to set up. Take a close look at the branch permissions system and then the pull requests.

Having git hosted and managed for us has save us time managing a dev server. Additionally, having the ability to manage permissions and review pull requests simply helps our team spend more time developing and less time fighting git.

Bitbucket review by Rakesh K.
CTO & Co-Founder
E-Learning

"Most balanced git service I've come across"

What do you like best?

* I believe it achieves the right balance for the Freemium model in the git SaaS world.

* Integrates well with Jira, allowing tracking of bug/fix commits within Jira issues

* They are the developers of SourceTree which is one of the most capable git desktop clients (at least on the mac)

* The ability to review and comment on commits in the web interface

What do you dislike?

* Even after a recent redesign, the UI is cluttered and confused

Recommendations to others considering the product

I found Bitbucket hit the right spot when we started up a few years ago - the pricing model is right (especially for a startup) and they are a rock solid service (only a few intermittent outages). Comparatively, Github pricing is all wrong for a startup (private repos cost on a per developer level), and GitLab is young and really wonky in both usage as well as uptime.

We found Bitbucket very capable and when we first started out, it was important to us that their pricing was startup friendly while still allowing us to create private repositories right off the bat without paying (unlike github)

We needed a capable git SaaS that allowed us to create private repositories without having to pay a lot because source code repositories are fundamental infrastructure that you want to stress test for a while before committing to it. Paying up front (like for github) creates a powerful disincentive to leave even if the service doesn't turn out to be optimal.

I also feel that Bitbucket seems to charge for the right features. As an example, they started charging as soon as we exceeded 5 users. This is very startup friendly - we were strapped for cash early on but a bigger team is a good indicator of financial health and is a good time to start charging for access.

Bitbucket review by Vita	 M.
Operations Manager

"Wonderful software which works simply for us."

What do you like best?

Bitbucket works simply, has a clear interface and many functions that we use every day. In addition, a lot of integration with different services, branched out the structure of files, which, compared to others, greatly simplifies and speeds up the work. Has a free trial, which is ideal for a start-up or small business.

What do you dislike?

I'm glad that I don't see any bad issues about that platform. Maybe time to time process can be slow but it is not a big deal as all product wor well. By the way all of the help from support service you can get online which is save your time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to have good quality in the workflow, it will be useful to use software such as Bitbucket. In addition, this service will provide the opportunity for better cooperation between members of your team. And yes, if you are a representative of a small business, then you may have enough free version features.

Bitbucket is a tool that provides us with an excellent online repository for visualizing and sharing information with my team. This gives us the key to effective work that will help us work for our results. We are happy, and we are sure that Bitbucket is created for this.

Bitbucket review by Rolf M.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Gambling & Casinos

"Easy and convenient."

What do you like best?

The better way to provide granular access monitoring for our team, ensuring the right user can make the correct changes to our code. Also, I like that I can save time combing via application results with a semantic search that ranks determination first.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that this program is not strong enough. During the working time, I never have a problem with this. To manage all of the stuff is easy and does not have any bad issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is wonderful option control system that makes it simple for you to cooperate with your working team. Also, you can enjoy flexible development models for teams of all rates and needs. The best step to have unbounded personal and public storage with Bitbucket. I recommend this a program.

This program gives us the assurance to develop. We can decrease our mistakes and keep the team lean working on critic tasks. Also, we have the ability to store and control our create configurations in a single file.

Bitbucket review by Hung V.
Technical Leader

"A excellent repository and CICD pipeline"

What do you like best?

Bitbucket provides an excellent tool for source code repository and CICD pipeline. With Bitbucket, we easy to manage code with creating a project repository, manage user permission, create a branch, it provides a useful cycle from creating merge request, assign, review and approve a merge request and effective way for resolve conflict.

Bitbucket CICD is awesome, it allows to build a full pipeline without the need of external tool such as Jenkins, with few lines of code and we able have a pipeline which is triggered in every code commit and run unit test, quality scan or code deployment.

What do you dislike?

To use Bitbucket in your company you need a license version to get all its feature, lack of ability to setup permission in repository level

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Bitbucket as source management is effective if you have good branch management process and good merge request review strategy, also apply Bitbucket CICD pipeline help to ensure coding quality and speed up development time

We use Bitbucket as a source management tool with a master branch which holds production version, a dev master branch which has the main source, with every story we branch out from dev master and once the story complete we merge back to dev master branch. We define a process of code review for every merge request.

We use Bitbucket CICD to the buidl pipeline which runs on every commit to trigger compile and unit test stage, and pipeline run on merge request to run quality scan and full automation test so the quality of code are ensured.

Bitbucket review by Kennedy M.
Founder

"Bitbucket - A good web based version control repository hosting service"

What do you like best?

I like that it offers unlimited number of private repositories with its free account. It offers a big selection of add-ons and integrations from the atlassian marketplace.as well as support for REpresentational State Transfer (REST) to make third party applications using any development language one desires. Also, a feature I have come to like is the ability to host static sites on bitbucket cloud.

What do you dislike?

To get all the tools and features offered by atlassian is by upgrading to the premium plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Bitbucket to anyone as it has a lot of features that are useful on the free plans as compared to other web-based version control repository hosting services.

Hosting our code on bitbucket cloud to enable our developers to sync from the bitbucket repository. This has enabled us to have developers work in different branches of the same application and merge into master branch without having code conflicts.

Bitbucket review by Surya Narayana R.
Senior Member Technical Staff
(10,001+ employees)

"Source code management through Bitbucket"

What do you like best?

Bitbucket is source code management tool where organizations can create projects and repositories where developers can store their code. Bitbucket is based on Git. It has default branch master and for parallel development users can create n number of branches and through Bitbucket branches can be managed easily.

Pull request can be done on the UI and can be set reviewer for code review before merging to master branch and these pull request can be rejected or approved based on the code quality checks. Bitbucket can be integrated with Jenkins through webhooks where jobs can be triggered once code is pushed to Bitbucket

Bitbucket server can be installed on cloud with cloud formation templates with less effort of using amazon services. Bitbucket data center supports Bitbucket mirroring through which user in different geo graphical location can access Bitbucket without latency. And projects can be mirrored to the different regions based on the project teams.

Role based access through LDAP , groups can be synchronized through Active Directory and these groups can be given restricted access to required projects based on project management. User and groups cab be given Read, Write or Admin access. Admin can add or delete the repositories to project where as write can read and add filed to Bitbucket. Read access is only to read the repository

Bitbucket also allows to access to HTTPS and SSH protocol. Every user can be able to add SSH keys to user profile and access without password

One can easily protect their branches from direct commits /pushes through Bitbucket branch permissions. Easily restrict set reviewers for every branch. And Bitbucket notifies users for every pull request , for every push to the repository so that every user will get to know the things happening to its own repository

One an fork their repository and will be able to get changes automatically through this feature.

What do you dislike?

Browsing back to other projects is not possible directly from Bitbucket UI. One has to go back to main Projects and then navigate to required project

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended

It easy for developers, testers and architects to see the code changes and who made the changes

It is easy to get the history of the changes

One can easily blame the changes done on one file

Pull request made easy way of merging branches

Reviewers can do code review before merging on UI

Architects can Merge the branch or reject if code doesn't meet the quality

Bitbucket review by Jose G.
Software engineer

"Rock solid web versioning system"

What do you like best?

In terms of features Bitbucket is generally on par with the popular version control repository system Github, however, one key differentiator in Bitbucket is that it allows administrators to exercise a fine control over access - a very nice perk. Another thing I like is that adding collaborators in private repositories is generally cheaper than in Github.

What do you dislike?

Bitbucket inherits certain stylistic stuff from Atlassian products, which at times, I've found kind of alien. As an example, sometimes documentation is not clearly laid out or makes use of specific Atlassian jargon so grasping the concepts is not always very straightforward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth considering due to its broad scope, from small to largest projects or team sizes

Bitbucket is a mature product mostly focused on hosting propietary software code. It embraces continuous integration and delivery processes very well. It is definitely worth to consider from small to large software teams.

Bitbucket review by Connie L.
Project Manager

"Great work on projects."

What do you like best?

Super fast and very good work. Big helper to make your team work perfect. All of the process easy to control. I like that we can work better with a good cooperation our work is much better now. I like to use a lot of good tools.

What do you dislike?

Actually very easy to easy and good to understand. Tools are very useful and very good to work with them. Any problems which are coming to you, you will easily solve them with support service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very powerful tools to make your project well. Perfect that you can easy to communicate with everyone. The ability to cooperate with all your team and make your work more effective.

Great software to have at the company. We like to do work on our results. The Bitbucket is much better for it. We are working good so we are having a lot of folders but we are not afraid as we know that there is a lot of place in storage.

Bitbucket review by Jolanda S.
Integration Manager
Oil & Energy

"Great free service to use"

What do you like best?

Excellent integration with Git. It is possible to use Git Large File Storage if you have large assets or data bases. Good opportunities for monitoring rights and administration. There is the possibility of integration with many services to facilitate the development process, for example we use integration with Trello. Excellent documentation, if we had problems we easily found the solution in it.

What do you dislike?

No small price if you have a large development team, but if you are a beginner startup there is a free version of up to five people. Sometimes there are problems in the operation of servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bitbucket is made for large and professional development teams. Bitbucket also supports small teams and startups. If you are only five, you can use the service for free.

In our company there are remote offices. Bitbucket helps us to work with them. Exchange code has become simple.

Bitbucket review by Zoe M.
Research Assistant

"Bitbucket Review"

What do you like best?

It is so smooth and easy to use. Don't have to pay anything extra for having private repositories unlike github. It works very well with other Atlassian environment products and tools as well. Push and pull is very easy.

What do you dislike?

Does not have an official client for Linux, last I checked. it's a great tool for version control, other than that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good for individual projects as compared to group ones.

I use it to store my programs, research work and development work at my job, obviously for backing my code up and version control. So easy to use and integrate. Provides everything that Git does and more.

Bitbucket review by Victor S.
System Testing and Quality Assurance
Financial Services

"Awesome version control for enterprises"

What do you like best?

Bitbucket is an ideal solution for all types of companies that are looking for version control and somewhere to host and store their files. Some of the items we like best at our company are the version control, the issue previews, the file system hosting. Many other competitors charge for private repositories but bitbucket actually bases their prices on users, which makes it super affordable for smaller teams. Bitbucket also does a great job allowing my manager to review my code before committing it to the branch. Which means better code review and a better quality product.

What do you dislike?

No massive community to support it like Githu, Also its learning curve is a bit steep for new developers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product with a learning curve but once you get used to it it is very easy to work with

version control and code storage and review also with the ability to roll back if one makes a mistake

Bitbucket review by Michael S.
Web Developer

"Great Version Control System for Private Repositories"

What do you like best?

Bitbucket is an ideal solution for many small companies that are looking for version control and somewhere to host their files. Some of the items we like best at our company are the version control, the issue previews, the file system hosting, and the overall pricing model. Many other competitors charge for private repositories but bitbucket actually bases their prices on users, which makes it super affordable for smaller teams. Bitbucket also does a great job allowing my manager to review my code before committing it to the branch. Which means better code review and a better quality product.

What do you dislike?

Bitbucket also has some downfalls because it doesn't have a massive community behind it like some of their competitors. Additionally, their desktop application "SourceTree" is full of bugs which can make interacting with bitbucket a pain for new developers that aren't used to working within terminal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my company we are using this for the majority of our products because of the price. If your company is looking for a relatively cheap solution and having your repositories being hosted on a service it would definitely be worth checking this one out. With their pricing solution you can have as many private repositories as you want, you just have to pay for users. It is an idea solution for smaller teams.

We originally got bitbucket just for storing files for sharing and to be able to work on the same project with similar files. One of the great features we realized are are the great Version Control it offers.

Bitbucket review by Kent S.
System Engineer

"To make teamwork create more best Software."

What do you like best?

The great solution to create the best team.I can control process that makes it easy for me to cooperate with my team.A lot of kind of tools for everything.

What do you dislike?

How to say.It's will be not so easy to use but just from the begin. I guess it is not so big issue to discuss it. But anyway if something happened that you cant solve by yourself. You can contact a support service which will give you the best help on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tools that help you to create great software. Also, I would like to tell that to communicate and cooperate, it's the best way to focus more on what that we can do our work.

We like to work with Bitbucket, It always saves time through use results with a search that description first.Helps to us to use big file storage.Helping my team focus on a process by organizing our storage into projects.

Bitbucket review by Rohan P.
Senior Software Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Bitbucket | Unlimited free private repos"

What do you like best?

Two options, GIT and Git provide us with great and wider options for client side too. Git GFS is an additional feature everyone must try. It opens a wide range of new things you can upload to git file structure. Code review is a important thing to ensure better code quality in company and Bitbucket even provides that sort of features in their product.

What do you dislike?

Some basic UI Issues. Other than that, I have no particular issue with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Bitbucket.

It is used as CVS (Content Versioning System). It is widely used for rolling back to older versions whenever bugs are discovered. In order to avoid that, we also have A-B testing of code and gradual rollout so that there might be less mishap in those circumstances. Bitbucket helps in reducing errors in code too.

Bitbucket review by Dave J.
Founder & CEO

"Great for small teams or individuals"

What do you like best?

- Private repositories are free for individuals plus teams get their first 5 users for free.

- It's based on git (or mercurial)

- A nice easy to use interface

- Integrates with tons of other services for continuous integration or deployment

- You can organize repos into projects within an organization

- Unlimited number of repositories

- Pipelines are super interesting

- Can integrate directly with Trello

What do you dislike?

Bitbucket doesn't have provide interesting projects metrics like Github's Insights. Sometimes these graphs can be useful to judge cadence of a project. It could also use some of the code-review features that Github has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need more than 5 users, then it would be a good idea to compare pricing with Github. Also, because of how git works, you can easily move your master/origin back and forth between Bitbucket and Github (or any others for that matter).

We use Bitbucket for git based version control hosting. It's allows us the freedom to create as many repos as we need for our various projects.

Bitbucket review by Han-Tsung L.
Member Of Technical Staff
Defense & Space

"My Experience with BitBucket"

What do you like best?

The best part about using bitbucket is that it works with JIRA software for providing feedback on version changes. GitBucket is similar to github and with GIT support providing similar function version control and team source code collaboration and peer review.

What do you dislike?

As of right now I have not find any specific feature or characteristics that I do not like about BitBucket. It works very similar to GItHub which makes it easy to pick up as a source control product. The integration with team-based project creates a seamless environment and require no additional knowledge in understanding how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bitbucket is easy to use and seems like a great alternative for version control towards project management.

Gitbucket is similar to other version control user interface. I am using gitbucket for coding project collaboration and management.

Bitbucket review by Cristian B.
Senior Software Development Manager

"Bitbucket for your file versioning"

What do you like best?

Bitbucket is integrated with Bamboo and Jira which provides a complete set of tools for our software development. You can track from the beginning of an issue or story or task everything related to it: its documentation(from Confluence), the branch where the code is stored, the build that contains that code and the deployment that contains that feature or bug fix.

Other very nice features: push requests, enforced code review, create a branch for an item in Jira.

What do you dislike?

Bitbucket tends to be expensive based on the number of users: if you have more than 100 users the price will be in tenths of dollars, which for my company may be an issue. This caused us to look for alternatives like using bare Git in automations used by a wide range of users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the purchasing software is not an issue for your company and you use Jira or Bamboo, Bitbucket is the way to go.

Version control for our code, having a better control on the source code by enforcing code reviews; Continuous delivery, continuous integration.

Bitbucket review by Md. Jubaer Hossain P.
Graduate Research Assistant

"great private repository"

What do you like best?

The best thing about bitbucket is, it gives you a private repository with a limited amount of file storage in its free version. It means you do not need to pay anything to get a private repository. Once you get used to it you can switch to Bitbucket's standard package. The pricing for this package is not very high. The help option on Bitbucket has a very decent documentation that can help beginners to get along with this tool.

What do you dislike?

In Bitbucket, you can only use git commands to update and maintain versions of the repositories. This is where Bitbucket falls short to gitHub, where users can manage their repositories by using the Gui as well. However, I do not think this is a big issue. Since we can assume that the targeted users of Bitbucket (Developers) are pretty adept on using git commands. Also, the blog section of Bitbucket is not something to brag about. But, apart from that the software itself is very neat. Easy to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bitbucket is cost-effective for people working in small teams. If you like to manage your repository using git (provided that you know your way around with git), Bitbucket is way better than gitHub.

In our Lab at the University of Arkansas, we manage our software codes using Bitbucket. Since we have small teams working on different projects (usually 4-5 people per project), Bitbucket is a very good fit. It is easy to maintain versions of our repository while working collaboratively.

Bitbucket review by Bablu J.
Technical Team Lead

"Bitbucket, love it!"

What do you like best?

The best thing is , its very developer friendly with 5 private repositories free. This makes it ideal for your poc products or even pilot launches needing 4-5 developers working on the code.

Also, some of the cool new works like aws codeDeploy (a continuous development tool ) is again, simple to use and 'free' which makes it even fun to use as a developer. Jira integration (being an Atlassian product) is pretty vast. The front end is cool. All in all a great git solution.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much to write here.

One enhancement that could come in handy is web hosting pages how and like Github does. Also, integration with other software (outside Atlassian) would be nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a highly useful product for day-to-day project management.

Very useful for developers wanting to kick start their dream projects, very useful for teams collaborating on a big project. Loads of integration. All in all, a great product.

Private repositories for POC projects with 4-5 developers working in each team.

CI/ CD

Code management

Bitbucket review by User

"Great and simple to use code review tool and code base."

What do you like best?

I like the visualisation of code reviews. Compared to other platforms used in the past, this one seems very easy and intuitive, has great options like side by side or unified diffs, and it is very simple to use. It is also a great tool to store code repos, and be able to access to quick to different versions and files within those.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing bad to say about this, compared to other tools I use for the same purpose this is definitely the one I would choose over the others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend bitbucket, it is a great tool, lots of functionality and very easy to use.

We use bitbucket mainly to do peer code reviews, to have a searchable visual way to work repos of multiple projects and compare amongst versions and branches of each. It is easy to setup and very intuitive to use so we highly recommend it.

Bitbucket review by Angel F.
R&D Engineer

"The best version control repository"

What do you like best?

Bitbucket is the next step on version control systems and much better than solutions like CVS o SVN.

Bitbucket web interface is outstanding. It allows user to easily review the different repositories, look each repository branches status, relationships and differences.

The network view on the repositories is really useful to see the history of changes, merges and branches of a repository.

The option to launch and review pull requests from the web UI improves team code review, allowing developers to adopt good programming practices in a shortest time period.

The connection of Bitbucket with JIRA really boosts software development having both the product backlog and the version control repository connected in a seamlessly and straightforward way.

What do you dislike?

Based on my experience with Bitbucket so far, there are no disadvantages on using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bitbucket is user friendly, straightforward and a powerful tool for version control on software development companies

Bitbucket increases productivity and improves quality on software projects with developments teams with more than 3 people.

Bitbucket review by Patrick W.
Teaching Assistant (Rutgers Coding Bootcamp)
(10,001+ employees)

"Excellent platform for git-based version control"

What do you like best?

Amazing tools for managing code review and branch management. In addition, although this is more company-based than product, the Atlassian dev blog is a fantastic resource for learning about proper git flow and project management. In addition, Bitbucket has unlimited private repos, which are necessary as my team works on closed-source code.

What do you dislike?

Minor gripes I have:

- new UI; I prefer horizontal menu bars, but this is really just personal preference.

- All commits made on the web client itself do not follow the git best practice of using present imperative tense + mood.

- Going to a new repository always takes you to the source code first rather than an overview, which doesn't have the URI for cloning. An extra, unnecessary step that can be easily avoided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you consider the necessity of private repos. That would be my foremost concern when weighing options between different git hosting platforms.

Bitbucket provides a central remote repository to host code versioned using git. In addition, Bitbucket provides a suite of tools for code review and management via branches and Pull Requests.

Bitbucket review by Richard B.
Project Director