Do you work for FreshBooks?

FreshBooks Reviews & Product Details

What is FreshBooks?

FreshBooks is an online invoicing and time tracking service that saves you time and makes you look professional - Fortune 500 professional. We believe financial record keeping should be easy, fast, (and perhaps even fun), but still detailed enough to satisfy your accountant. FreshBooks is easy to use and you can try it for free.

FreshBooks Screenshots

FreshBooks Reviews

1-50 of 243 total FreshBooks reviews

FreshBooks Reviews

1-50 of 243 total FreshBooks reviews
FreshBooks review by Patrick B.
Project Development Coordinator

"Great software for financial management"

What do you like best?

It has several applications integrated for customers to make payments more easily as is the case of paypal or stripe. This gives payment facilities so that we as a company have more facilities to charge and customers so that they can pay with widely used means of payment.

The financial documents are editable and customizable. You can modify the logo, the data, the structure, which allows creating professional documents in a simple way thanks to its good editor.

The reminder of paying bills to customers is also important, as notifications and warnings are sent to remind you when to make the bills.

What do you dislike?

Inventory tracking and vendor management is not available, so these sections must be managed through other means or other systems.

Every time you set up a new project, tasks are assigned automatically and you have to remove them so that they do not appear as selected. None should be selected at the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With Freshbooks you can create and manage invoices in a simpler way than through other means and also check receipts and allow your customers to pay more easily. It is a good progress for the financial area of small businesses mainly.

The creation of payment documents and invoices through Freshbooks is much easier than before, since they are easy to design documents with your editor and send them to our customers.

We manage sales and payments through this software and provide more facilities to customers so they can pay us from different systems and at the same time, our company receives payments in our accounts and we manage everything faster than we did before.

FreshBooks review by Philippe L.
Principal Consultant

"Long time user... very satisfied"

What do you like best?

Simple and effective for the task of small business accounting. Credit card payments for invoices issued to clients. Recurring invoices make the task of monthly/quarterly/yearly billing super easy. Reporting tools are exactly what I needed. Support, for the relatively few times it may be needed, is extremely responsive.

What do you dislike?

A bit expensive, compared to some of the other offerings, if you aren't fully leveraging their software suite. The recent change in UI is a step backwards in my opinion, as the previous incarnation provided a bit more usefulness with fewer clicks. The mobile app could use a LOT of polish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks should be a strong consideration for SMB accounting needs, but do consider the alternatives before you make a final decision, as they all have their strengths and may align better with your needs.

The software is very intuitive to use, and doesn't require setting up a chart of accounts, blah blah blah, to get started. As a small business, my needs are simple, and this software gets out of the way and allows me to keep track of income and expenses. I've tried lots of different hosted and local accounting software, but in the end I continue to choose Freshbooks for the convenience and reliability they afford.

FreshBooks review by Soraya H.
Propietario de la empresa
Primary/Secondary Education

"Fast invoicing. "

What do you like best?

It is good and I like this application because it is simple, easy to use works in real time and allows me to carry all the information with me on my cell phone, with it I can receive payments on the internet, create invoices, view my expenses and recommend it because I can Work from anywhere and at the time you need it.

What do you dislike?

At first I was not allowed to create my account from the cell phone, it is also essential to have a Freshbooks account, but I think it is a great application, because of my part there are no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend FreshBooks for being an accounting software that makes executing your

Small business easy, fast and safe.

This software helped me solve my billing problem, because since I started using it I can generate invoices quickly and easily, which benefits my school because it speeds up that work and saves time. It has also helped me to keep the accounting records of my school because it is adapted to small companies like mine, which has allowed me to spend less time in accounting and more time focused on the educational process that takes place in my institution.

FreshBooks review by JULIO MANUEL R.
Agrónomo
(Myself Only)

" Effective payroll for self-employed and remote workers"

What do you like best?

The Employer benefits from the process in which the employee is paid only at the hours the employee has been productive. Every minute is worth paying as time is maximized and used. With the details of the work included, management can see if the worker followed the assigned tasks and what has yet to be completed. The employee can link their PayPal for the payment option or the salary payment method

What do you dislike?

One of the shortcomings that our companies see is the lack of time tracking. It is the least intuitive part of the whole experience. The browser extension would be much better if I did not disconnect as often as it does

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks is a time saving for accounting. I can track the expenses right here. I do not have to use another application

the effectiveness of creating invoices, many other tools related to accounting to choose from with your subscription, has the ability to convert a budget and bill. This allows you to start working on a project quickly

FreshBooks review by Asia M.
CEO & Founder
(Myself Only)

"Solopreneurs, freelancers, and invoicers, rejoice!"

What do you like best?

The beauty and ease of the platform. Sending invoices is an actual JOY. Being able to configure specific details for every single invoice is also awesome.

I also really like the ability to brand invoices and create them with clarity. They're not confusing to read or understand when you receive one. That gives me confidence that my clients will have just as good of an experience as I will.

What do you dislike?

There are some things about the experience I wish I could more actively control or automate. For example, when taking a deposit on an invoice, the recipient gets the email and it says that it's for the full amount (even though I know it's not, the client doesn't necessarily know that).

There are tiny things that are confusing for clients that receive the invoices. I wish there was a way to adjust the experience so clients don't end up super confused about something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say if you're looking for a simple, easy tool to use to invoice your clients, check out FreshBooks. It doesn't matter what your business is - you'll be able to send beautiful, simple invoices that anyone can understand.

I've seen (and used) a lot of really clunky invoicing platforms. As a marketer and solopreneur, it's important that I both save time *and* provide an amazing experience to my clients. It shouldn't be a pain or a hassle to pay me. It should reflect what it's like to work with me. FreshBooks does that for me and my business.

FreshBooks review by Jamie M.
Finance Manager

"“Super easy to use; I would love a few additions”"

What do you like best?

An expert partners acquainted me with FreshBooks around 4 years back. From that point forward I've had four distinctive low maintenance aides (they leave for all day work!) and every ha aced FBs in a couple of days, not weeks just like the case with a contending item that I utilized already. It is exceptionally thorough and furthermore adaptable for errands, customers, activities, and cost classes. It interfaces neatly with an installment framework, so my customers who like to pay with charge card can do as such without any issues. I likewise like the APIs that pull cost information from my financial balance exchanges and business Visa charges.

What do you dislike?

I am based in the US, so there are a few things I would like to help complete our tax returns more easily: 1) a way to track the actual miles driven on the expense side. I do it now in a note but it is cumbersome. 2) a way to track expenses associated with a project but not billable to that project. I do it now by setting up two project titles, but I can only link those manually (actually, offline completely). An example would be some of my assistant's time that I can't bill the client for but that I would like to track so I can better estimate future project expenses, because it fits into "cost of goods sold" (when the "good" is our service).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whatever FreshBooks needs, they consistently endeavor to improve and sincerely appear to esteem their clients input, so I think its very justified, despite all the trouble.

Compared with the prior bookkeeping system I used, I've saved a lot of time with FreshBooks, in training (as noted above) and in actual entries. I can generate CSV/Excel sheets that allow me to do some customized reporting. My clients like the easy online payment process for credit card.

FreshBooks review by Gregory Scott H.
Director

"The best financial software on the market your support is incredible"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is that it has several features, economic integration, third party transactions such as PayPal, shopify, which increases the convenience of payment and ease for all our customers.

What do you dislike?

As a negative thing could be the import of contacts as new jobs or regular customers who occasionally have a certain error and it costs to add them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest benefit of the phase to send invoices and online payments things that before using this tool will be more difficult are obstacles that have been overcome with this fantastic tool I would recommend it pleasantly to any other company that need such software.

We have gone to customers of this tool for children and has led us to occupy the majority of the interfaces in our company for its great price and excellence as a result of its great work supplementation was very easy at a moderate cost allows us to learn day by day to use the tool better and generate more benefits throughout our company with it.

FreshBooks review by Paul C.
Mr

"Great accounts software "

What do you like best?

The UI is very easy to explore, permits you monitor your solicitations, recommendations, assessments, and customers. Having the capacity to design explicit subtleties for each and every receipt is likewise marvelous. The money related reports are editable and versatile. You can change the logo, the data, the structure, which grants making capable reports in a clear way due to its incredible proofreader.

What do you dislike?

You need to independently change each line's rate and that is on the off chance that you utilize the point by point posting as this can be extremely baffling and tedious for a straightforward oversight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest it as it is an easy to use software. It's an online-based bookkeeping programming that gives you a chance to compose your solicitations in a simple way. It likewise monitors your clients. On account of its time following and exceedingly progressed follow-up highlight, it's an incredible and straightforward tool.

As a cloud based accounting solution, exchanges inside our association are effectively stored up in the cloud and consequently recovery is a lot simpler. Track time worked for customers and effectively exchange it over to a receipt. By and large, I use it for invoicing, gauges, overseeing installment plans and other bookkeeping work.

FreshBooks review by Alice H.
Account Manager

""Incredible programming for money related administration""

What do you like best?

This gives payment facilities so we as an organization have more offices to charge and clients so they can pay with generally utilized methods for installment. The monetary reports are editable and adaptable. You can adjust the logo, the information, the structure, which permits making proficient reports in a straightforward manner because of its great editor.The notice of paying bills to clients is likewise significant, as notices and alerts are sent to remind you when to make the bills. Backing, for the moderately multiple times it might be required, is amazingly responsive.

What do you dislike?

I think it is an incredible application in light of my part there are no bad things to say.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With Freshbooks you can make and supervise requesting in a less mind boggling manner,check receipts and empower your customers to pay even more successfully. It is a good headway for the cash a related area of privately owned businesses essentially.

The adequacy of making solicitations is much less difficult. We administer arrangements and portions through this item and give more workplaces to customers so they can pay us from different structures and meanwhile, our organization gets portions in our records and we direct everything speedier than we did beforehand.

FreshBooks review by Marly D.
Executive Assistant and Owner
Executive Office
(Myself Only)

"Fantastic Invoicing, Lackluster Bookkeeping"

What do you like best?

The invoicing and time-tracking system is seamless. I've never had an issue tracking time worked for a client, and then quickly generating an invoice that is clear to read, easy to use, and accepts all of the appropriate methods of payment. The user interface is easy to navigate, allows you keep track of your invoices, proposals, estimates, and clients.

What do you dislike?

When generating a new invoice based on Client B's time, I want Client D's hourly rate to be present. However, if I invoiced Client A first their rate will often pre-populate Client B's invoice. You then have to individually change each line's rate (if you use the detailed listing). Very frustrating and time-consuming for a simple oversight. The accounting/bookkeeping system is also very lackluster. I don't need it to be as thorough as QuickBooks, but some printable or downloadable expense sheets would be better. Perhaps an easier way to add vendors as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks is definitely not an intuitive enough system for bookkeeping. I would use it primarily for time-tracking, invoicing, and proposals.

I use Freshbooks to track time worked for clients and easily transfer it over to an invoice. This is fantastic for me because the UI is clean, and easier to navigate than other applications.

FreshBooks review by Glenn M.
Finance manager

""Extraordinary programming for financial management""

What do you like best?

It has a few applications coordinated for clients to make installments all the more effectively similar to the instance of paypal or stripe. This gives installment offices so we as an organization have more offices to charge and clients so they can pay with broadly utilized methods for installment.

The budgetary records are editable and adjustable. You can adjust the logo, the information, the structure, which permits making proficient archives in a basic manner on account of its great supervisor.

The notice of paying bills to clients is likewise imperative, as notices and admonitions are sent to remind you when to make the bills.

What do you dislike?

I dislike absolutely nothing about this product it is a great one

Recommendations to others considering the product

With Freshbooks you can make and oversee solicitations in a less complex manner than through different methods and furthermore check receipts and enable your clients to pay all the more effectively. It is a decent advancement for the money related territory of private companies primarily.

The production of installment archives and solicitations through Freshbooks is a lot simpler than previously, since they are anything but difficult to configuration reports with your proofreader and send them to our clients.

We oversee deals and installments through this product and give more offices to clients so they can pay us from various frameworks and in the meantime, our organization gets installments in our records and we oversee everything quicker than we did previously.

FreshBooks review by Gail E.
Accountant
Financial Services

""Numerous motivations to adore FreshBooks!""

What do you like best?

Client interface is superb and capacity to not store Visa data locally is critical to PCI consistence. We adore the common profile idea for repeating charging and discover the online interface natural. We likewise welcome the marking we can accomplish for our customers so they feel this charging stage is an augmentation of our administration and that they are in the ideal spot. This likewise gives our clients the genuine feelings of serenity of knowing their exchanges and charging data is secure.!

What do you dislike?

My solitary issue is I can enter just a rate and not a rebate sum. When I offer markdown to a customer I have to physically ascertain the rate and touch base at the right add up to cite to the customer.!

Recommendations to others considering the product

With Freshbooks you can make and oversee solicitations in a more straightforward manner than through different methods and furthermore check receipts and enable your clients to pay all the more effectively. It is a decent advancement for the money related region of private ventures principally.

I use FreshBooks to follow my billable costs. I can append receipt pics effectively. I can likewise follow time against undertakings which gives me a thought of the normal income from a venture versus the measure of work included. My customers can pay my bill effectively which implies I can get quicker installments.!

FreshBooks review by Udi U.
Founder
Events Services

"Customer Support - Freshbooks or XERO?"

What do you like best?

Customer Support is far better than XERO. I was in contact with both providers due to a data migration. Freshbooks support is WOW.

What do you dislike?

Bank reconciliation (Australia). XERO bank reconciliation is better as it has 2 way integration

I used Freshbooks for years. Probably since 2007. But due to few matters with the business I had to go to Xero. I was in chat with Melanie and Rich B from customer support asking for help with data migration. They were extremely helpful I have to say. I kept changing the goal post but they were kind enough to accommodate my needs until I was able to fully migrate my data successfully. I requested support from XERO as well during the migration. But I have to say Freshbooks support was off the roof. Thanks Melanie and Rich B :)

FreshBooks review by Rachel M.
Account Assistant
Food & Beverages

"My great adventure with Freshbook Accounting software In our Organization."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Freshbook I the user interface which is very clean,intuitive and eyes appealing thus easy to navigate.Secondly,I like the customers support offered by Freshbooks,they are very responsive and helpful when I encounter any problem.Additionally,I like the way I can use Freshbook for a number of activities like billing,invoicing,expense tracking and financial reporting.Furthermore,I the way they offer a 30days free trial with no credit.Finally,its price friendly thus very affordable.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike with Freshbooks is that it has many robustic features that requires excellent internet connection so as to run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a must to use accounting software that every organization needs to have so as to achieve their accounting needs.

Freshbooks is an online cloud based software thus transactions within our organization are easily backed up thus retrival is much easier.

Helps our organization to do tasks like invoicing and tracking expenses hence easy to know the progress of our business.

FreshBooks review by Alisa J.
Customer Service Specialist
Telecommunications

"Many reasons to love FreshBooks!"

What do you like best?

Customer interface is excellent and ability to not store credit card information locally is key to PCI compliance. We love the recurring profile concept for recurring billing and find the web portal very intuitive. We also appreciate the branding we can do for our clients so they feel this billing platform is an extension of our service and that they are in the right place. This also gives our customers the peace of mind of knowing their transactions and billing information is secure.!

What do you dislike?

My only issue is I can enter only a percentage and not a discount amount. When I give discount to a client I need to manually calculate the percentage and arrive at the correct amount to quote to the client.!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks is easy to utilize. It's an online-based accounting software that lets you organize your invoices in an easy manner. It also keeps track of your customers. Thanks to its time tracking and highly advanced follow-up feature, it's a great and simple tool.I recommend it!

FreshBooks has become an indispensable tool for my business. I use it for invoicing, estimates, managing payment schedules and other accounting work.!

FreshBooks review by Chloe A.
Customer Service Specialist
Telecommunications

"Great billing software to boost cash flow!"

What do you like best?

I love that FreshBooks manages invoice follow up easily. I use it to create and send out bills, it accepts online payments and automatically reminds clients about! overdue invoices. It is an ideal app that service-based companies can use to keep their cash flowing.!

What do you dislike?

FreshBooks cannot be used for complete double-entry bookkeeping. It can be used only to track income and expenses. You cannot use it to track Balance Sheet things, manage deposits other than from invoice payments, or to reconcile bank accounts. Another disadvantage is there is no integration with QuickBooks Online.!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Billing and time tracking has never been this simple!

I highly recommend FreshBooks!

I use FreshBooks to track my billable expenses. I can attach receipt pics easily. I can also track time against projects which gives me an idea of the expected revenue from a project versus the amount of work involved. My clients can pay my bill easily which means I can get faster payments.!

FreshBooks review by Johnathan L.
Owner, SharePoint, Office 365, and Azure Expert Consultant

"Great for the Solo Entrpreneur Start-Ups"

What do you like best?

The price point is perfect, the ease of setting up an account. The ability to set up my services in the application, no software to install since it is cloud based, the mobile app, ability to set up the invoice and estimates template, connection to my business bank account, ability to track when an invoice has been opened.

What do you dislike?

It is a good simple account receivable system to use. I don't have many dislikes. Perhaps it would be nicer if they had more templates to choose from? Also, the manual entry for each service is annoying. Also, I would like to have an auto-incrementing Invoice number system for each client. It wants to have the auto0incrementing across all clients and my system does not work that way. I have to remember each clients invoice number and increment it manually, again annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, try the free trial. The trial gives you all of the features you would with the paid version. Also, I entered previous invoices so I can have a more fuller picture of how I have been doing for the year as a whole. I recommend you do the same. In doing so, you are also able to really test out the software to make sure it is a good fit for you.

I used to invoice and provide invoices using Excel and Word. It took up time for me to do this. I ended up delaying a few times in getting invoices out. This is, in turn, caused me not to get paid faster. Using FreshBooks has eased this for me so I am able to create and send invoices much faster. Also, the invoices I send out now are very professional looking and having the ability to track my client's actions on the invoices saves me from having to do as much follow up with them to get paid.

FreshBooks review by Tom H.
(Myself Only)

"Simple, effective, cloud based time-tracking & invoicing"

What do you like best?

Being cloud based, I can access this from any of my myriad computers or even client-owned computers. There is also an iOS app. The invoices look professional, and I can send them via either PDF attachments or even snail-mail. Responsive help-desk too.

What do you dislike?

I wish that reports were somewhat more customizable, and I wish that I could access my data directly without going through an API call.

Freshbooks recently lowered the limits of the number of clients I can manage and recently increased prices. It's still quite reasonable, but all the same, I was getting more capacity for less money a few months ago (May 2018)

As an independent consultant, I need a low-overhead, simple effective solution for time tracking and invoicing (it also tracks expenses and I use it for that when I have expenses as well).

FreshBooks review by Ashish C.
content writing manager

"Great accounting application for small businesses! Fast access and nice and easy user interface"

What do you like best?

I really liked all the features of this fresh and cool looking accounting application- Freshbooks. It takes a fast and easy sign up. Everything in this invoicing application looks great and understandable. Great for freelancers also as I used it as a freelancer for long. I can't stop recommending this application to everyone

What do you dislike?

Trial period is short which is only 30 days and after that you have to pay for continuation. They should limit clients list for at-least 2-3 clients and keep the trial period free forever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it! Great accounting application which is easy to use. You can maintain all your invoicing and billing on this cloud application.

Online invoicing and billing, keeping billing and payments history. Creating estimates. Easy sending of invoices through email and complete relaxation in terms of accounting.

FreshBooks review by Paul R.

"FreshBooks Has an Automatic Expense Import"

What do you like best?

FreshBooks is a must have resources that will surely change your expense management for good. It has an automatic expense report that which will make expense management way easy. One of the features I also like is the invoice customization. You can customize invoices can so easily. Seamless credit card processing as well is a plus.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes about FreshBooks. It has majorly improved our expense management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FreshBooks is a very nice accounting resource that can save you. Absolutely worth checking out.

FreshBooks has helped us made an amazing improvement with expense tracking. We have projected even better now.

FreshBooks review by Jeniriana R.
System Engineer

"A fresh, useful and manageable software."

What do you like best?

I like that your payment method is for credit cards, it makes it easier when canceling the service you provide to my company. And it helps me a lot at the time of the accounting life that my company takes in its day to day, everything is more effective with FreshBook.

What do you dislike?

Customer service may be a bit late, they do not always respond very efficiently, I can not personalize my newsletters and that seems to me a big flaw to improve.

it is good software, it is effective although its version for Android may be a bit slower, I like the organization that carries my data, my company has become more dynamic and excellent since I use this system.

FreshBooks review by Joel K.
Conversion Copywriter and CRO Consultant

"With them from the beginning, and likely to stay!"

What do you like best?

Freshbooks is absurdly easy to use, and for the most part, does everything I need it to. I make heavy use of invoicing and expenses, and both have performed perfectly well for me. I also appreciate that they automatically calculate Stripe fees and other payment platform fees as expenses. Their team really cares about their users, and they listen when I offer feedback.

What do you dislike?

I wish multi-currency support was stronger; not being able to enter expenses in USD is frustrating. Sometimes, the way reports display numbers (what is included and what is not) is not always clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. While there are lots of alternatives in the field, support at Freshbooks is second to none and well worth the yearly cost.

I can quickly and easily generate invoices, track expenses, notify clients I've received payment, and even generate invoices on the go. Reporting, while not perfect, gives me a decent picture of how I"m tracking for the year, so I can plan taxes and keep track of profit/loss.

FreshBooks review by Zeke B.
Project Manager
Internet

"Fresh Books - Solving Hard Issues with Simple Solutions"

What do you like best?

I like that although Iʻm not the primary person using the software, I still am able to have access to the different parts of it. I also like being able to see how much time Iʻve spent on each client and essentially know where I could better focus my time. The other thing I like is the ability to do monthly billing, weekly, and daily if necessary!

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is the the "who has done what" is not broken down in to billable versus on-going clients. I also do not enjoy the fact that you have to enter in things manually sometimes. It seems silly that something that you do every week isnʻt able to stay saved for the full amount of time youʻre entering your hours - if you do so like I do, at the end of the billing cycle, as opposed to daily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business, this is a great way to view everything all in one spot - Iʻm also almost certain they have a mobile app that allows you to take pictures of receipts used for accounting in general.

We had issues with people not being able to view invoices we sent from the previous software. When we got this, not only are we able to see when they view it but how many times and resend if need. Another issue we had was too many people were doing things that were not getting billed for because only one person was entering information. As such, weʻd miss out on crucial client billing situations - especially ones that were and are commission based. Allowing the company to have several users has greatly helped with this problem.

FreshBooks review by Cassandra C.
Marketing Director
Public Relations and Communications

"Freshbooks is an easy to use platform for any Small Business owner."

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use for the invoicing system. Invoices look clean and beautiful, and my clients have the ability to easily pay in any way that works best for them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the reporting system. There could be more detailed reporting to provide to my accountant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy way to send invoices, collect payments, and track your clients activity, use Freshbooks! The easiest way is to set up a recurring template - Freshbooks will do it all for you.

I have solved the problem of easy invoicing as well as tracking payments from clients. I have realized that it is easy to lose track of a client and if they have paid, but Freshbooks keeps me reminded (as well as reminds my clients) for me.

FreshBooks review by Consultant in Graphic Design

"Currently using but looking to upgrade"

What do you like best?

I liked that at the time Freshbooks was a decent solution to send invoices to my design clients. Later features to add deposits (via percentages) and expenses were a nice add-on. There's even a plan (not on site, contact them) where you can get a small plan, where to start you can have up to two clients at a time to try out.

What do you dislike?

The fact that there is a newer version, but I wasn't included in the upgrade or asked to upgrade to check out new features. Also, as a Designer I am in need of more such as a portal where clients can login, online contracts, upload my logo vs showing Freshbooks logo. I want my clients to have a great experience working with me and a way to balance my needs. Freshbooks just handles invoices, where as I need more. I don't need a bunch of apps to get things done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a designer and are looking to try something to send invoices and accept payments this is a start. If you are looking for a bit more, there are other options. Dubsado is where I am headed. They have 2 Facebook groups (one of them for designers), online seminars, awesome customer service, tons of ways to automate your process and to look and feel professional. They implement features that I feel like every professional designer needs (including the option of payments via PayPal, Square and Stripe.

Invoicing and payments.

FreshBooks review by Tori F.
Content Strategist
Public Relations and Communications

"Simplifying Time Tracking & Billing"

What do you like best?

Freshbooks streamlines the process of tracking time spent on various projects for various clients. I love that you can list a number of different projects underneath one specific client. This comes in handy especially at my job where we are constantly completely multiple different tasks for a single client. One other aspect I appreciate is on invoices, you can enter items or time entries. We do wholesale projects as well as hourly design work so the flexibility to include both these options is very important to us.

What do you dislike?

The one problem I've had with Freshbooks is I haven't figured out how to delete clients or projects, and this clogs up my list. We have projects for whom we have not worked for several years, but they still appear on my time tracking list. This may be something only the administrator has access to, but I would love to have a way where I could pick and choose what assigned projects I'm currently working on, rather than having to scroll through our entire list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have experience using any other time-tracking software, so it is difficult for me to offer a fair comparison, but I can say the FreshBooks is highly user-friendly and diverse in features.

FreshBooks has allowed us to easily keep track of time spent on projects, which helps us create more accurate estimates for future projects or proposals. For example, we can look back and see how long we spent creating the past 3 Squarespace websites, and with that information adjust future Squarespace development proposals. Furthermore, I know my boss has really taken advantage of the accounting features of FreshBooks and keeps track of various purchases made.

FreshBooks review by User in Internet

"Awesome Invoicing and Expenses Mangement System for Small Businesses, Freelancers and Agencies"

What do you like best?

FreshBooks is easy to use, available on web and mobile app, manages clients, creates one-time and recurring invoices, creates estimates, tracks project time (and billing) and manages expenses, all very well and intuitively. Perfect for small businesses that provide services, especially online, freelancers, agencies or consultants.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is in the new version (which I didn't have to upgrade to), they don't suport paypal for accepting payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require using Paypal to accept payments, then the new version of Freshbooks won't suit you. But if not, I highly, really highly recommend Freshbooks for anyone needing a cloud based invoicing, project time tracking, and managing expense system. Freelancers, small service businesses working online, agencies all will benefit greatly. The iphone app is easy to use to manage expenses and can do most everything you can do on the web app and is fast and intuitive.

We manage all our client billing and expense management with Freshbooks and have save hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars by using it. Quick reporting helps us keep on top of receivables and expenses and accepting payments online has made billing quick and easy. Time savings is the biggest and being able to just export files or reports yearly is a huge time saver as well.

FreshBooks review by User

" Best Way to Manage Invoicing and Accounting!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Freshbooks is to use. It pulls up your expenses from your back accounts so you can quickly and easily keep up with expenses. I also like how it's mobile friendly. Invoices are a breeze too! I essentially keep track of all business related management through Freshbooks. They have a lot of features, so take some time to see what works best for you business. Features like time tracking, tax planning, etc...are some of their bells and whistles.

What do you dislike?

I really think Freshbooks is great, but payment processing fees are always annoying and I just bill through PayPal or another service separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any small business owner needs accounting and invoicing software. I think you have to dive into all of their offerings - invoicing, expenses, time tracking, etc..and see how it fits into your life. Also look at integrations to see if it works with the other software that you use.

Freshbooks is solving my invoicing problem. No more manually sending invoices. The creation and management is excellent. I also love how it keeps track of my expenses. Over the years, their features have gotten better too. The benefit of using Freshbooks is that I can keep track of everything, stay organized and stay efficient in my small business.

FreshBooks review by Abdul R.
Project Manager
Food & Beverages
(10,001+ employees)

"Freshbooks are a perfect choice for all finance related work. "

What do you like best?

The value point is flawless, the simplicity of setting up a record. The capacity to set up my administrations in the application, no product to introduce since it is cloud-based, the portable application, capacity to set up the receipt and gauges layout, association with my business financial balance, capacity to track when a receipt has been opened.

What do you dislike?

While producing r receipt in light of Client B's chance, I need Client D's hourly rate to be available. Be that as it may, on the off chance that I invoiced Client A first their rate will frequently pre-populate Client B's receipt. You at that point need to exclusively change each line's rate (on the off chance that you utilize the itemized posting).

Freshbooks have lend us a lots of helping hand in sorting out our financial work.

FreshBooks review by User in Publishing

"Perfect software for solopreneurs"

What do you like best?

For a soloprenuer that needs a feature rich, flexible software, Freshbooks is a great choice. The different pricing tiers - depending on how many customers you have - is great for scaling your accounting as your business expands.

What do you dislike?

I've had a little trouble getting into some of the more advanced features. It's taken some time and research to figure out what they are. I wish there was stronger onboarding support. The lengthy URLs for each invoice are also kind of frustrating (when you do a "create sharable link).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial to assess the features. Dedicate time up front to learning how to implement it for your business.

The biggest business problem that I've solved is efficient invoicing. Previously, I used word docs that took forever to put together and didn't always look professional. Tracking down payments was also frustrating - here, I can see with just a click if they've been viewed or paid. It's cut down the time I spend on invoicing and helped me get paid faster.

FreshBooks review by ashley o.
blogger
Hospitality

"Awesome organization in one place"

What do you like best?

i love that i could keep all my financial records in one place. I did not misplace any tax forms, documents or monies at all. it is very easy to use and navigate around the software. the time tracker was wonderful for timing online assignments. I could also keep track of all payments and billings. Everything is just awesome using freshbooks.

What do you dislike?

there is absolutely nothing i did not like about freshbooks. Everything is just perfect and I would not recommend changing anything

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking for a software that is easy to use and help you keep all your finances and taxes and files organized in one place then freshbooks is definitely for you.

Keeping all my finances and tax forms together and organized was easier then ever.

FreshBooks review by Jennifer S.
Owner
Legal Services
(Myself Only)

"Good customer support and easy to get started"

What do you like best?

I love how this software has changed the way I run my business. After linking my bank account and selected credit cards, it makes bookkeeping so easy. Everything is so intuitive that i rarely need support and if I do, they actually have a phone number you can call. They have a support key that allows them to quickly access your account. They have a great refund policy - upgrade or downgrade without fear! Lastly, it generates the very basic reports you need - expense reports, P/L, client billing - this has made it easy to keep my business running the way it should. For my small, one-person shop, I don't need Quickbooks (it's also too expensive) but this is just the right fit for my solo law practice.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, other than if you prepay for the year (you save 10%) but then upgrade to a monthly plan, the refund

for the unpaid portion of the year does not come automatically and you have to email them for it. I'm trying really hard here to think of something I dislike because really, I love everything about Freshbooks.

Accounting

Cash flow

Bookkeeping

Being ready for tax season

Billing

Collecting payments

FreshBooks review by Administrator in Legal Services

"User Friendly and Perfect for Solo Practitioners "

What do you like best?

As a contract paralegal I was looking for simple timekeeping and billing software that would allow me to manage my clients without being overly burdensome or confusing. I didn’t need something that would cost more than my PC itself. FreshBooks gives me the ability to track time, expenses (with bank integration), and invoice right from the website. It is also easy to find invoices and time entries with an easy search!

What do you dislike?

The only real complaints I have are that sometimes, the bank integration doesn’t work, and that I wish I could set different default rates by client rather than by project or service.

I basically have a streamlined process for invoicing my clients that makes it easier for them to pay me - which of course gets me paid faster!

FreshBooks review by User in Writing and Editing

"Best invoicing software for freelancers"

What do you like best?

I use the Classic version of Freshbooks and find it easy to use. I like being able to email invoices and then see when my clients have looked at the invoice. Reporting features are also easy to use and make it a breeze come tax time or to just see strategic information. Also, LOVE the customer support. They have real people who answer on the first ring and will be able to help you solve your issue.

What do you dislike?

Not much--I find it easy to use. I do like the Classic version better than the new interface they just released, but I honestly didn't spend a lot of time in the new version, so it just may be a case of being comfortable with what I'm already familiar with. However, I did appreciate how easy Freshbooks made it to try out the new interface but stick with the old if you prefer. Most companies force you into their new upgrades and I really appreciated that FreshBooks didn't (another sign of their great customer service).

Easy, fast invoicing and time tracking. Easily able to keep track of expenses and business receipts. Able to generate several reports that give me insights into my clients and how many hours I'm spending on certain projects.

FreshBooks review by Administrator in Printing

"Freshbooks was a quick and easy transition"

What do you like best?

I love that Freshbooks offers a 30 day free trial to first time users. This is important because not all accounting software is equally applicable across industries. The complete ease of set up was crucial when our company needed a quick fix to invoicing issues with our antiquated hardware and installed system. Since Freshbooks is cloud based, we can send from anywhere, anytime. I chose Freshbooks after my research indicated that we could upload images, which is a great and important feature for our unique needs.

What do you dislike?

While I enrolled with Freshbooks for the image upload feature, I learned that it is only available to be utilized when creating proposals. I hoped to use this feature on invoices or at least, estimates. While we are a graphics company, we also manufacture and produce goods. When a client has approved a design and is ready to order, it's important for the invoice to reflect that they agree to pay for any given mock up or print proof provided. Freshbooks also does not have a feature that allows us to add items with set pricing; each time an invoice is created, the last price and item description is all that is remembered. We need to be able to easily add listed items that always have the same price, with the same item description, then adjust as necessary instead of re-writing each item description and price. This costs us more time than it should. For this reason, Freshbooks would work best in a graphics only or service only based business where each invoice is completely personalized to it's project.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best for use in industries whee each project or job is highly unique. Do not expect to create stored lists of services or items.

Generating proposals with the ability to upload images is a favorite feature. Customers can now accept estimates and proposals after viewing the invoice which leaves a virtual paper trail. No more quibbling over what was agreed upon.

FreshBooks review by Sandra G.
Web Designer
Building Materials

"FreshBooks "

What do you like best?

I love that I can combine time tracking with invoicing and an accounting app all in one. I can track my time and create invoices from that time, send out invoices, and get paid, all in one easy-to-use package. I bought it for the time tracking features, and I stay because invoicing and payments are so easy.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback is that when I run out of my allotted number of clients/projects, I have to archive or delete some. I often have repeat clients and this seems like a disadvantage—but it's easy to reinstate a client I've archived. It would be nice to have added features at a later date, or the ability to customize the way invoice numbers are assigned for each client, but these are not deal breakers. FreshBooks is a bit expensive for my uses since I'm a freelancer and don't always have tons of invoices or clients. Would appreciate a smaller plan for my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks is great for a freelancer or small business that needs to track time, invoice, and receive payments.

Seamless time tracking and invoicing plus payment app. It's amazing. I used to find it so cumbersome to have to track my time in one app, then calculate the rate on that, then open up my invoice app and add in the amount due, then export it and email it to a client ... now I can do all that in one place, plus I can see when the client opens the invoice. So it's a seamless process and it helps me get paid faster.

FreshBooks review by Shawn W.
Account Executive
Semiconductors
(10,001+ employees)

"A perfect solution to a financial business work."

What do you like best?

The invoicing and time-following framework is consistent. I've never had an issue following time worked for a customer, and afterward rapidly producing a receipt that is obvious to peruse, simple to utilize, and acknowledges the majority of the proper strategies for installment. The UI is anything but difficult to explore, permits you monitor your solicitations, proposition, evaluations, and customers.

What do you dislike?

Extremely disappointing and tedious for a straightforward oversight. The bookkeeping/bookkeeping framework is additionally exceptionally dreary. I needn't bother with it to be as intensive as QuickBooks, yet some printable or downloadable cost sheets would be better. Maybe a less demanding approach to include sellers too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks provides efficient invoicing and book-keeping services.

In terms of business , have been majorly using it for invoicing and oversight of all the business flow.

FreshBooks review by Agency in Computer Networking

"Easy to use account managment"

What do you like best?

Freshbooks is easy to use and creates nice looking invoices. I am able to set up recurring invoices for clients and they can set up automatic payments. Also categorizing expenses is pretty easy and helpful during tax season.

What do you dislike?

The time tracking and creating invoices from projects needs to improve. Here is why. Many of us freelancers are trying to move away from hourly rates and charging based on monthly fixed retainers. The way freshbooks works is not geared toward this. For instance, I have a team of contractors that work for me. All of them track time in freshbooks and charge me an hourly rate. I want to translate that hourly rate into my fixed retainer when i invoice the client but to make it so that the client does not see my contractor's hours I have to manually go through the entire invoice and delete the time recorded by my contractors.For some invoices this means 40 to 50 lines of tasks that need redacting. A simple way around this would be to have a function that simply allows me to exclude the amount of hours from the client facing invoice. At the moment there is no way to do this. Also in regard to time tracking, i would love a way to integrate tasks from basecamp to Freshbook's invoices and track time for each one. Now there is a chrome app for this but it's buggy and doesnt integrate well. The thing that is a bit frustrating about these limitiations is that Freshbooks talks about and encourages freelancers to move away from hourly rates but doesn't provide the tools to make it easier for us to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to manage a large company Freshbooks will probably be limiting for you. Also if you want an easy way to track time and integrate it with your invoicing don't expect too much.

Organizing my expenses, invoicing clients and accepting recurring automated payments.