Yotpo

Yotpo’s integrated solution helps eCommerce brands collect customer reviews, photos, and Q&A from a single platform to increase traffic, social proof and sales. An official partner of Google, Facebook and Shopify Plus, Yotpo makes it easy for brands to leverage their customers’ content across every marketing channel and optimize customer experience to increase on-site conversion. Yotpo has raised $101 million in funding and has over 300 employees globally.

Work for Yotpo?

Learning about Yotpo?

Yotpo Reviews

Showing 106 Yotpo reviews
Brenn S.

"Everything you could want from a Review platform... And more!"

What do you like best?

The User Interface and how well trained the staff are.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could somehow pull through Facebook images that our Followers submit or tag us in!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you dedicate time to learn as much as you can about Yotpo. It's not that it is a daunting product to use, it's actually very intuitive, it's the fact that a lot of Yotpo's features work really well together and small changes can make big impacts.

A solid review platform with additional features that help to highlight our company. Yotpo has really 'opened the door' for us in the way of review submissions and I'm very pleased! Allowing us to tap into our Instagram account, action reviews, questions and loads more really helps us to keep control of our audience but also come across as professional and approachable. The User Interface and emailing system is spot-on for what we're looking for; especially when backed up with a great Support team.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Yotpo
James C.

"Happy Customer"

What do you like best?

1. Review request automation : MAP is really great. The more orders we have, the more views we will have. Automation is always great.

2. Review tabs is really a powerful feature. Almost 100% desktop customers interact with it 6 times/session. It is really a good feature to increase purchase confidence.

3. Yotpo Support team is always professional and quick. Itai, thank you so much for your time and patience, my friend.

What do you dislike?

1. Customers are unable to upload via the onsite review widget right now. I know it will be possible in the near future

2. To be frank, yotpo is not working functionally sometimes. Hope it can be solved

3. Haha, a little expensive because I selected the most expensive package

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do more A/B Tests and listen to Yotpo's suggestions

Reviews and Customer pictures really mean a million to us. Yotpo enables us to collect reviews and customer photos automatically.

It does increase customers' purchase confidence

What Product Reviews solution do you use?

Eng Yoong T.

"What customers need most : Assurances from fellow customers"

What do you like best?

Out of the box solution with easy integration with our e-commerce platform. The backoffice user interface is easy to use and we were getting reviews in no time. Very effective in collecting reviews from our happy customers!

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if we were able to limit which social media platform we prefer our customers to share the review. As every social media platform has its own strengths relative to the nature of business, it is vital that the reviews are shared in the social media platform relevant to our business.

When we push a review to our social media platform, it only shows part of the review and the title. When users click on the link, it just redirects them to the webpage. Would be better if customer can click to "Read more" to finish reading the review.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In an age where advertising gets crowded out in social media platfroms, Yotpo certainly helped in getting personalized reviews read by customers' circle of friends and family. No amount of words from advertiser is more convincing than from someone trust-abl/family/friends.

Mainly user generated content to keep the website and our social media platform 'fresh'. Also customers can read the reviews and know what is best for them before selecting the most suitable product for their usage.

Emma G.

"Good but hoping for better"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. With very little time investment, you can be up-and-running with a sophisticated review process.

What do you dislike?

1) The system has definite edges. If your industry is not standard product sales, then you really need the ability to customize it more. This will push you up into a very expensive pricing level.

2) The cost overall. It's been hard for us to justify the cost for the return that we are seeing.

3) Social media push has some very rough edges. No control over how the posts are displayed and the reviews only link to the home page of the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to evaluate the customization capabilities thoroughly if you need to control the brand experience and the flow. Be patient with results. In our case, we had a great response from customers and maintain an awesome rating; however, we have not seen an increase in revenue that we can attribute to Yotpo.

1) Provide customers with a quick and easy way to share feedback with us and other customers. Check.

2) Improved SEO visibility. Check.

3) Most importantly, increase revenue specifically with Yotpo. Not yet realized.

Yehoshua F.

"Moved from Yotpo To Feefo and we will never go back!"

What do you like best?

1) Rich feature set but a lot of them or not significant and not needed.

2) Easy integration to Magento but will slow down the site.

What do you dislike?

1) Very low reviews rate! Only 4% vs 16% with Feefo. Many of there emails end up in spam.

2) Pricey for no reason and every year they increase the price more.

3) Slows down the site significantly. will add at least 0.5 sec to load time.

4) Very limited API

5) Not build for enterprise but pricey like enterprise.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yotpo core product is supposed to collect reviews but they are missing this point big time. reviews rates are low since many of their emails end up in spam and they send too many emails to the customers (1 for every item and another one for service reviews)

When you are looking for reviews platform remember that the most important thing is how many reviews they can collect. Do the email arrive in the inbox? or do they go to promotions? or even worse, to the Spam folder? do they send one email to reviews an entire purchase or do they send multiple emails?

All the reviews software out there know how to send reviews to google, bing, facebook and so on. They also will all allow you to create user-generated content.

Also Remember, most expensive does not mean that they are the best.

We left Yotpo after almost 4 years on their platform due to lousy performance

Lawrence "Wren" W.

"Hard to think of any drawbacks to YotPo"

What do you like best?

Yotpo's support and account success managers have been second-to-none. We've now had three account managers, but all of them have been great. (From my understanding, they have all moved up in the company.)

Their integration and widgets are fantastic, but a lot of the things shoppers don't see are what keeps YotPo at the top of the industry (analytics, statistics, marketing, etc.)

What do you dislike?

Some of the technical aspects are tough for me. Such as updating the product catalog, updating product image(s), and/or moving a review to a different product page. Luckily YotPo Support is a great help. We also have others at our workplace who are more familiar with the process. It would be cool if it was easier to move reviews to a different product page--and/or changing site reviews to product reviews and vise versa.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used Bizrate and Yotpo. I don't believe we have plans to leave anytime soon!

There could be more benefits than what we can see, honestly. In general, though, Yotpo reviews and marketing help influence customers and drive revenue. Mail after purchase reviews are a huge benefit. The Google integrations are great for us as well. The list goes on.

Mark W.

"Superb Support"

What do you like best?

Running a small business on my own, I don't have the time resources to capture reviews and present them in a way that visitors to my site expect, however I totally understand the importance of reviews. Thats why I love Yotpo. Its been on my site since 2013, so clearly I'm very happy with it. All reviews are automatically posted and while I was nervous to begin with, I realised I am very confident in the support I provide and so the reviews will show this. Yes its annoying when someone leaves a low star review however and its not valid but consumers see pass the odd negative review and see all the positives.

It sits on my main site and mobile theme which works well. I have to say that the support I received to get it on my mobile theme was excellent, I was hugely impressed.

I did initially have the free account but then moved up to a paid package and for what I pay it's excellent value for money as I don't have to employ someone to manage reviews.

What do you dislike?

As new functionality was developed over the last 5 years, now and again it was made initially available to my account but then put in a package which was too expensive. In particular showing star ratings on Product Listing Ads.

Spending minimal time dealing with reviews, means I can use my time so much better for other areas of my business.

Ali P.

"Great out of the box "

What do you like best?

I love that even without styling applied, the front end part of Yotpo looks professional. This is great if you don't have time to work on the styling just yet. It also is so easy to separate out the different stores that we use it for, as well as our staging environment. The customer service is unparalleled and answers all of our questions in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

I was not able to figure out exactly how the mail after purchase specifically works at first until I asked for more in depth details with our rep. We were nervous to turn it on because we weren't sure how, when and what was being sent to past purchasers.

We are using Yotpo so that new customers can get a feel for how great our Cashmere is. It is hard to buy things that luxurious online without seeing them in person so it helps to have user reviews that can alleviate any concerns.

Maria D.

"Reviewing Yotpo - the user-generated content platform"

What do you like best?

Yotpo makes setting up reviews and follow up eblasts very simple and easy, which can really boost your number of reviews and get more feedback from customers.

What do you dislike?

The design interface is really lacking - as someone in charge of aligning our Yotpo elements with our brand standards, the fact that the simple editor is really lacking in customization options is a shame. And then if you try to edit the html, it locks you out of the simple editor. Overall, I think they could improve your selections and control when editing colors and design options - especially on the email front (where it's hard to change anything unless you know some basic coding).

We are going through a redesign of our website and Yotpo has given us the ability to streamline our review process across three different brands. It is also helping us gather more user-generated content to be used in many areas of our marketing.

Mark T.

"Impressed with support"

What do you like best?

Currently on a free plan and had some questions about the after sales email that is not covered in the documentation. Shirel Garfinkle was extremely helpful with some very in depth information to explain exactly what happens, and how to achieve what I was after. Further more she too the effort to explain features I could consider using on my current free plan to get the most of Yotpo. I found the support over and above. Thanks Sheril.

What do you dislike?

As others have stated, there is a penalty in site speed. I don't have a clue how Yotpo compares to other services so I'm not sure if this is legitimate criticism.

Documentation is generally very good, and easy to read since it's not too lengthy and technical. However when wanting answers to those detailed questions the documentation falls short. Considering the great support though this is not a big deal.

Yotpo is very easy to set up and does the job very nicely. I am sure the paid plans add some benefits we will be pursuing in the future, but for us right now as a startup the free plan is a godsend.

Bryce M.

"Everything I was hoping it would be"

What do you like best?

We were looking for a simple yet robust review app for our BigCommerce store and YotPo has been exactly that. It was simple to integrate into our store and when we did have questions, the customer service team has been prompt and very helpful. I feel like we are more than getting our ROI on this tool, given what reviews do to our conversion rates.

What do you dislike?

It took a few days to get the hang and feel for the app, so there is a bit of a learning curve to tackle. Also, the app works better in its own window rather then while working in the dashboard of your BigCommerce store.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With the free trial, and minimal barriers to entry, it's a must try

Trying to start a new business, so every review helps a ton in regards to building trust with new customers as we build our customer base. The home page widget helps broadcast this as loudly as possible.

Amilcar Jose S.

"good commerce marketing cloud with solid features"

What do you like best?

It is a module to capture comments and customer ratings in the product sheets, is a very useful tool to centralize and quickly respond to the comments of customers of your online store.

This plugin also inserts the stars along with the number of ratings just below the title on the product page. In this way at a glance the visitor can see the average level of valuation of that product. You can access the control panel (Yotpo Dashboard) and you can see that it has a lot of options and tools, some of them only available in the premium version.

The most important option is “Mail After Purchase”, where an email is sent to the client (a few days after the purchase) to give us the opinion of the product that he acquired

What do you dislike?

The problem may come with the yotpo server, which is centralized, the navigation will be affected by a decrease in the response speed.

Yotpo costs can be high, depending on the sales volume of the store

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend its use, although other options such as Trust Pilot should be reviewed

The plugin helps improve the sales volumes of your online store, through the interaction with customers, and allows you to improve the answers to the problems that these have

Geoff P.

"Sluggish, Expensive, Good Features"

What do you like best?

I was an early adapter when many features which are now pay-for, were free. The system is rather easy to use, and there are some nice features. I like how they have a free-feature with a tuned-down version of the pay-for features. Jay was impressive when I spoke to him on the phone on a couple of instances. He took the time to really review my account and understand a few things before calling me. I really did appreciate his approach and rapport. When I spoke to him a second time, he either has a great memory, or he took notes from our initial conversation. I wish I could have given him more business.

What do you dislike?

It's sluggish. It doubles the load time of my website, and HTTP requests. It's expensive as well, for a small business for me to spend nearly $300 (or more) per month, it's out of my price range, even if paying does enable in-line SEO, and a better conversion rate. Instead of trying to sell me on a plan, allow me to try the pay-for features for free for a limited time to actually allow me to taste the value of the full features. If it gives results, I'll be more apt to fork over some money for it (Post election year market is EXTREMELY SLOW, and volatile in my industry). Based on the stats that Jay gave me as they related to my individual account performance, average order etc, paying for the service would essentially become a wash. Hmm, I think they're still figuring things out, and once they do (pricing, and code efficiency) I think they'll have a wonderful package that will attract a lot of people who need this type of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You've got nothing to lose. Try the free version, however do some testing WRT page load speeds before you install.

Review generation, SEO, customer trust.

Dominic L.

"Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

Automated customer reviews - Yotpo’s smart algorithms automatically sends email request to customers after every order is completed, and request for reviews at a highly optimised timing to get customers to write the reviews.

The system then auto publish onto our website (Homepage and product page) without us needing to do anything at all! The positive reviews on our website definitely help increase sales!

Support - Yotpo’s support staff are very responsive and capable. Able to really help and solve our integration problems even though we are only using the free plan at this moment.

What do you dislike?

We would really love to have User Generated Photos by customer reviews as part of the free plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

definately!

Automated customer reviews and web publishing

David V.

"Perfect app"

What do you like best?

Hard question! I think that my favorite thing at Yotpo is the customer service. Of course, the app is fantastic but it's always awesome to be able to discuss with people when you have an issue. All the people I discussed with were very friendly and answered efficiently to all my questions!

What do you dislike?

It's not something that I dislike, more an improvement idea. All advanced features are quite technical. If you need to do something fast, you have to ask a developer or to an "educated" people to take care of your issue. Would be perfect to have all features in super user experience as you are proposing for the basic ones :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will probably become you best ally to manage you ereputation ! The app is super user friendly.

A lot! But I think that the most crucial point is loyalty. All Yotpo features allow us to contact our customers efficiently and proposed them relevant content. No matter if you are talking about reviews, the question to the community, referral program, customers will be touched with the right information.

James B.

"Brilliant company"

What do you like best?

YOTPO is a great service that is super-simple to use as well as set up. I have been most impressed by the quality of the customer service team, which respond quickly and offer practical advice to help me with any stumbling blocks I encountered.

What do you dislike?

The integration of mail after purchase emails took some time for our developers but we're a small team and we do not have developers in-house so this is mainly why. But, now that it is set-up we can rely on it to serve us for years ahead so in the long run, it's not an issue really. Also, you can use a CSV file to drop in past customers' information that have bought from you that you would like to review your product/service, which helped massively for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would encourage anyone looking to start with Yotpo to get in contact with them, as they are quick to get back to you and helped answer any questions I had before we started with them.

We have started quite recently but the main ways:

1. Social proof, we'll be adding reviews carousel to important pages on our customers' journey

2. Feedback naturally helps to see where we can get improvement- YOTPO automates this which means you can get valuable feedback without having to do the heavy lifting of ringing customers (although this is important too)

3. Increasing trust of our brand/ increase conversion rate

Ron W.

"Great system with 2 major flaws"

What do you like best?

Yotpo is the best system I have found for getting customers to leave reviews. The ability to review without ever leaving your email inbox is priceless.

It has great social integrations and is a fantastic marketing tool.

It is also really easy to integrate with wordpress. I think setup time was 2 minutes.

What do you dislike?

The two main drawbacks are.

1. Reviews are 100% vetted by the vendor. You can delete or edit to your heart's content, making them worthless. You can even set it up to only publish positive reviews, so no one ever sees anything negative. I find this to be unethical.

2. Pricing is insane and is growing higher almost monthly. When I started with Yotpo about 18 months ago, their top plan was $300/mo with plans starting as low as $30 for small businiesses. Now they have custom price quoting so they can get every last penny out of you - my quote was $1,500/mo, and the low end plans have gone away. For a company as small as mine (about 25k views a month) this is impossible, so I can't use anything but their extremely limited free trial until I find a different review platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd suggest looking into review.io. I don't have an account with them yet, but they seem to be offering 80% of the product for 10% of the price.

I use this to increase the number of reviews I get per purchase. This has helped since it gives my product additional credibility. While my customers tend to have 4 reviews per product - or less - I have 20+

This translates into higher sales, and more confident customers.

Matt A.

"We love Yotpo"

What do you like best?

We are a small business who sells a waterproof phone case, so reviews are absolutely critical. We have been using Yotpo for over a year and could not be happier. The review request email that is sent out makes it incredibly easy for our customers to write reviews. We are seeing about a 7% review rate compared to approximately 1% through Amazon. Our account manager, Lihi, could not be any nicer and has responded to our many requests within an hour or two, every time. Great company. Happy we found them.

What do you dislike?

Honestly happy with everything that Yotpo offers.

I
Internal Consultant

"Game Changer for DPA Ads"

What do you like best?

It's been worth it for the Facebook DPA Review Ads alone. We saw performance declines in our standard DPA campaigns - huge increases in our CPCs in recent months. But the YotPo has an integration with Facebook to allow review ads in DPA has been incredible- we're earning 15-1 ROAS on our standard campaign.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any specific recommendations to improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's not cheap so do the math on what you need to see an ROI, but if you are in ecommerce and do significant volume, especially on Facebook, I'd find it hard to see how it couldn't work out for you. It's kind of hard to measure lift, but for us I can show how the performance lift on Facebook alone paid for it - we could book it as an advertising expense attributed to the DPA campaign and the campaign would still be performing great.

Improving Facebook Ad spend,

Jackie D.

"Very user friendly "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up and then I don't even need to think about managing it! It's automated - the best tool out there to collect genuine and verified reviews from buyers.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything. The Free plan has so many features available that it's a really good deal. Thinking of upgrading my plan very soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to set up and lots of features available under the free plan fro startups.

It helps to build trust with new website visitors as they can read reviews from total strangers.

Emilio P.

"Very satisfied with overall Yotpo services"

What do you like best?

Yotpo's API is very useful to integrate our project workflow with Yotpo platform.

Customer service is very good and importing reviews never was so easier.

Dashboard is very handy to analyze how reviews are being generated.

What do you dislike?

Getting more control and options to import our project's reviews, not depending on send them as CSV to be imported by Yotpo's third person. Adding more customization in the content that generates Yotpo would be very useful too.

Community perceive that Yotpo certified reviews and consider them as "legit" reviews, so they trust us as company. More Yotpo reviews, more online reputation we'll get.

Issa A.

"AWESOME REVIEW & SUPPORT"

What do you like best?

Yotpo is awesome as real reviews by real people works best - word of mouth is the way to go. customer service really helped alot in getting this done. any enquiry will be answered. Yulia Sachkova from yotpo really helped me alot and was patient all the way through!

What do you dislike?

takes some time to import our reviews but ultimately there is nothing that i dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product:

try it - its free and have a paid plan as well.

firstly importing reviews over, afterwhich getting more reviews onboard and the aftersales auto email feature is great. we believe the more real reviews we have from real people = higher buyer confidence

AI
Administrator in Insurance

"Great ways to get reviews, but ..."

What do you like best?

It's easy to create and send emails to get reviews, and the Yotpo best practices for review solicitation and email content really work.

What do you dislike?

You can't save emails as templates to send over and over again; you have to re-create the email every time you want to send a new solicitation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to be aware that the email process, though effective, is not altogether intuitive, and you may find yourself repeating tasks and wondering, "Why couldn't they just let me save this email template?" Also, you're going to be told that getting the reviews to appear on your site is "as easy as inserting a snippet of code." That may be true, but if you don't have IT resources to insert that snippet of code it won't matter how easy it is; it won't get done.

We're trying to use Yotpo to improve your organic search ranking, but as yet we haven't seen any benefits because we've yet to hit the magic 150-review threshold.

Louise K.

"Great review platform - with easy integrations for most websites"

What do you like best?

That I don't need to book a web developer to use this. It is really very easy to change settings and get this working with plug in integration.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes an update throws a setting off and it's a while until you realise it isn't working properly. But then easy enough to fix once aware, but an email to say it is not sending notification emails would be great.

That the paid options are such a big leap - I'd love to try some of the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy, I can integrate it so you can too

Genuine transparent reviews! It wouldn't be possible for me to offer this as a small brand without Yotpo. All other platforms are too expensive for micro sized brands.

Charles D.

"Great review app, but not worth the current pricing"

What do you like best?

Yotpo has quite a lot of features, though since we're under a grandfathered plan we don't have access unless we upgrade to an overpriced plan. I love the review summary at the top of the reviews widget on product pages. Yotpo's review system visually appears similar to Amazon's layout, which is a good thing. Besides user submitted photos, it hits all the points for review software. I believe they are developing or have launched user photos, though it wasn't added to our plan

What do you dislike?

Support can be slow at times. If you migrate your website to another platform, still keeping Yotpo as the review platform, it is a huge pain to migrate your reviews. In fact, it is easier to export your reviews and signup with another review service and import the reviews than it is to migrate with Yotpo. If I wasn't on a grandfathered plan that alone would have made me migrate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yotpo's a good platform if you're large enough to justify the cost. If you're on Shopify, keep an eye on Judge.me as a review option. But if you're 1mil+/year you're probably too big for that so Yotpo would be a good fit.

Yotpo gave us a pretty good review system for our site. Much better than the default review app. Although not used as often by customers, I do like the Q&A feature. Yotpo also posts seller reviews to Google which can appear in Shopping and Adwords

"Straight forward website and social reviews"

What do you like best?

Yotpo is a relatively straight forward and stripped down ratings and reviews platform for brand websites and social media. Features and functions are pretty straightforward and tool is easy to get up to speed with.

What do you dislike?

It’s a little clunky compared to more robust Instagram/ social media UGC tagging, rating, and review platforms like Curalate. The platform can be slow to load or buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gets the job done and is a decent tool for ratings and reviews but the back end is a little clunky and slow at times.

Integrating social comments, ratings, and reviews onto our e-commerce website, as well as managing tagged content on Instagram.

Cherise B.

"Great way to moderate reviews! Recent change isn't helpful though"

What do you like best?

I really like how you can filter the reviews based on review score, date, etc. It's also great that one Yotpo account can support multiple store platforms, and they're easy to switch between. It's also easy to send what's called "targeted review requests" so you can ask for more reviews from your customers, and Yotpo gives you good advice about that. Their support staff is friendly, too.

What do you dislike?

A recent change is annoying--you can no longer see all un-commented reviews by clicking "new reviews." You now have to create a filter to see un-commented reviews.

Site review moderation

"Yotpo is a great service"

What do you like best?

I love that I can moderate the reviews we get, so we can talk to customers in real-time and resolve any issues that may have arose. We love being able to publish to our social media as well.

What do you dislike?

We noticed that a lot of our reviews were stuck and not showing up, but thankfully customer support was able to unlock those for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd definitely recommend checking out Yotpo, the ability to moderate your visibility is a great feature.

We are able to get our SEO ratings up and filter our reviews, and also solve customer issues in real time.

Gabriel C.

"Good support, but.."

What do you like best?

It's easy to integrate, the support is very good and fast. It's also pretty easy to administrate trough the admin panel. If you're looking for something easy to setup/administrate that has good support, this is a good go-to product.

What do you dislike?

Customisation trough Yotpos panel could be more customisable and flexible in a way that it should allow outside customisation (eg External CSS)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very easy to setup/administrate product and if you're looking for something simple that adds reviews this is a go-to product. Don't expect much regarding overwriting their customisation if you're into web-developing.

External CSS not being applied. As a web developer it's a bit hard to overwrite some core styling form YOTPO and that's what I'm currently solving.

"Great resource and service"

What do you like best?

Not only does the platform work well and is easy to use, but the yotpo team is always recommending to us various ways we can use the various tools available in the program to make sure we're getting the most we can out of it. They are very hands on and a complete joy to work with.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we dislike about this service.

we launched a new brand in the US and needed to get reviews in order to convert. This gives us an automated way to encourage and capture reviews. The team is constantly offering us ways to further use their platform making sure we are taking full advantage of all of the tools available.

Matthew M.

"Formerly Great, Now a Mass of Paywall Barriers to Great Functions."

What do you like best?

I loved Yotpo for is ease of integration with Bigcommerce, import of outside reviews and the really unique and interesting features.

What do you dislike?

Most of their best features are now paywalled behind a subscription wall, the free version is definitely not as good as it used to be, I deal with bigcommerce and shopify a lot and the built-in and other 3rd party review software is better and more affordable now than YotPo. I used be able to sell an integration package for bigcommerce/yotpo, but now merchants have lost interest due to the expensive monthly cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a feature rich platform and can afford a significant investment then its truly the system for you, but they won't even list the prices anymore like they used to, so they've even gone further to the premium customers and corporations with no room for the little guy to use any of their best features.

I used Yotpo to replace the lackluster built-in review system of bigcommerce initially, it had great features for merchants and customers of those merchants as well as some nice seo features like a built-in review page for all the store reviews.

Gilad L.

"Best customer service and support"

What do you like best?

I spoke with a few customer service reps to help me navigate some technical challenges.

They were all among the best and most responsive support teams I have ever experienced. An especial shout out to Shirel, who has diligently helped take the fear factor out of my technological apprehension.

What do you dislike?

I dislike, which is my issue and problem, having to navigate the backend of Wordpress

YOTPO is helping to increase consumer engagement and google rankings with reviews.

Wayne M.

"Great reviews platform for small business"

What do you like best?

The easy to use interface and friendly helpful staff.

What do you dislike?

A little more flexibility in customization of the design aspect into your website.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy Setup, Easy Admin, Awesome Support

Automating the reviews process with our customers and giving them a chance to offer their comments on the products they purchase from our website which allows us to become a better company.

"Amazing. 75% of product are reviewed now. Support was unbelievable"

What do you like best?

I now get about 75% reviews on my product sales. Before I was having a hard time getting a couple reviews.

Sasha, my tech support did a screen share with me. Fixed my coding I did as a novice. Got all my reviews perfect. Went beyond and helped me export old reviews and implement them into my new one when I could not. I was happy with the service I was originally getting, but she made sure to step it up a notch.

What do you dislike?

It was a little difficult to get set-up myself. Part of that being my own coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do already.

Going from a couple reviews, to up to 75% of my sales being reviewed now.

Jeff S.

"A great service that does the tedious work for you."

What do you like best?

We love the way Yotpo sends out emails to customers for reviews, offers coupon codes on our behalf, and automatically publishes our reviews to the website and social networks. It easily integrated with BigCommerce at the click of a button, which was nice as we didn't have to hire anyone or use extra time to implement the software onto our site. It also looks very attractive on the product page, blending seamlessly into the layout of our store and design.

What do you dislike?

It's slightly overpriced for what it provides, but not enough to dissuade us from using it. Even five bucks less would make it an incredible value hard to pass up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have been using it since day 1 and have yet to find a better service for the price.

Since we're a few-man operation, anything that automates parts of the business and handles tedious work is welcome. We don't have the time to be publishing every social review on our own or emailing customers after their orders to solicit feedback. The integration of Yotpo with BigCommerce is also very convenient.

Maile U.

"One of the top three essential apps for my website"

What do you like best?

My business caters to a very particular segment of the population with a particular group identity. Having positive reviews of my products that are easily showcased is extremely helpful for me. I also put a lot of effort into customer service and creating a beautiful product, and reviews help me to demonstrate this and convince customers who are not already familiar with my business to trust that we will do a good job. When I transitioned ecommerce platforms for my website, this was the very first app I installed on my new site. It is worth every penny.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to dynamically integrate product reviews into automated abandoned cart emails. That would be amazingly helpful. Also, it would be nice if it were a little easier to transition reviews when changing platforms. But those are minor quibbles.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent app. I highly recommend it.

I sell math and science jewelry. Reviews help me to show customers who are unfamiliar with my business that my products are both quality, and seen as cool and beautiful by others in the STEM community. Also, having the seller ratings show up in Google search ads has improved my conversion rate.

"Great experience with importing reviews between stores"

What do you like best?

I recently outgrew my online store and wanted to move my reviews with me to my new e-commerce platform. I was really nervous that I was going to lose any reviews from my old online store. I'm not a 'tech guy' by any means, but the process was simple and streamlined. Yonathan with Yotpo was quick to answer any questions that I had and kept things simple. Thanks Yotpo! Highly recommended!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I'm happy with the product and with the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lots of free features. I was really impressed at the level of support even with the free feature!

Potential customers trust the reviews of other people. I'm able to respond to reviews as well.

Andres Fernando G.

"Most complete Review and Rating system"

What do you like best?

Yotpo is the most complete Review and Rating system because is full compatible with my ecommerce platform Prestashop. Yotpo includes a fabulous email system that keeps in touch with our customers. Return customers constantly look for new purchases. Yotpo is a transparent system that prevents be manipulated by managers or customers, giving much lot of credibility to this solution.

What do you dislike?

I consider that maybe to be incorporated more quantity of technical documentation. Regarding the operation of the platform has added values that are greatly valued by its customers, so do not deserve any criticism.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yotpo is a comprehensive solution for Reviews and Rating that has great potential to increase the credibility of your company, keep in touch with your customers and increase your sales. Very recommended! the first year I got a 20% discount and I really appreciate it but the cost of being user is very affordable.

My shop requires increase credibility in the products and customer service. I am currently solving problems in the installation of Yotpo to improve my search engine visibility, in this case Yotpo technical support has been valuable to detect the error and proceed to modify the installation

Leslie G.

"Yotpo is a must-have for any business"

What do you like best?

We started using Yotpo a little over a year and a half ago, knowing it was important to build social cred & trust for shoppers browsing our main store website (separate from our Etsy shop, which already has this feature built-in to the marketplace). However, I admit that I was very wary of the initial process of getting this function setup, dreading the early days when the # of reviews would be really low -- making us look like we had low traffic / low sales (even if this wasn't the case). We took the plunge anyway, and discovered that the reviews came very quickly. It took very little time to build up what seemed like a credible amount. After a certain threshold, it seemed like the reviews were building & reinforcing a momentum in terms of conversions. I'm very pleased with the app and also appreciate the additional features I get with the premium subscription -- including the Google sellers rating (which makes your AdWords ads stand out / look even more credible with the star rating display), and also the Q&A feature. I also really appreciate the ability to moderate reviews, especially given that usually the rare negative review has nothing to do with the product itself or service received by the customer - but rather some displeasure involving something outside of our control (like USPS not delivering to the correct address, etc).

What do you dislike?

The only frustration that I have regarding the app is that its profanity filter sometimes gets triggered for reasons that don't qualify. For example, our customers are cat owners -- some of whom have 'Maine Coon' cats (a certain type of breed). Any mention of this by reviewers automatically gets flagged and does not get published.

Selling online always comes with the challenge of fostering trust on the part of a new shopper, since they can't touch or see the real product. The Yotpo review system helps demonstrate to potential customers that real people are buying from us and are happy (in specific ways) about their purchases from us. We depend a lot on this for our business.

Stephanie N.

"Best Company Ever! "

What do you like best?

I love Yotpo, From their customer service to all the amazing features they offer its the best company i ever seen yet, its very easy to use, my customer are able to review super quick and easy! i also love to be able to have the feature of frequently ask questions, my customers are my top priority and Yotpo helps us make our customer experience super easy and incredible.

Thank you Yotpo!

What do you dislike?

Everything is perfect until now, fortunately there is nothing that i would like to change, my overall experience has been amazing! more than i can ask, customer service its amazing as well besides their great site.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a Must! Yotpo will help any small business or corporation look super legit and to make new customers experience easier and trustful when buying from any site, because they can read and other's customers experience.

Yotpo has help my business in a really amazing way, New customers can read our previous customers experience and feel confident when shopping at www.xariasclothing.com

Shawn D.

"Yotpo is a great out of the box eCommerce review system"

What do you like best?

Yotpo is extremely easy to set up especially with Woocommerce. The price is right and there's a number of great features that you get out of the box, an excellent system for getting quality (real) reviews for any ecommerce store.

What do you dislike?

No API so very difficult to do anything special with the Yotpo system. If you don't like how any of the embed features look or work you either have to do some hacking or just deal with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although I highly recommend Yotpo for the price and features you get (if you're a small business this is a no brainer) if you're a bigger ecommerce store you might want to see if Trust Pilot or another review-based software that might be more robust or have a more hands-on approach to acquiring reviews for your ecommerce site. This is especially true when it comes to some features like Star Ratings across ad creatives. While Yotpo supports Adwords, they do not yet support Bing Ads for product ratings.

Yotpo works to get reviews for your products. It's main selling points is vetted reviews which help build trust with visitors. It has everything you need as an ecommerce site: a good review widget (Amazon-eque) on your site, star ratings on-site (compatible with Adwords) and excellent mail-after review requests which seem to perform extremely well. The cross sales from the emails Yotpo sends requesting reviews basically pay for the Yotpo subscription.

Yemin K.

"Best review app period."

What do you like best?

Have to say Yotpo is truly our best on site app.. I believe the customers like/read/trust the reviews. Yotpo has become a major part of our day to day customer engagement strategy. I love that new features are constantly being added. Their customer service is top notch. This app offers a heck of a lot of great features for the low price of free. You need to pay more if you want to use more features, but every penny worth. The cost is high for a business of our size, but I think after a year or so we will see the results of peer to peer reviews. Give it a shot.

What do you dislike?

Picture update feature updated so far, but the problem is pricing. As fa as I know, we have to sit on $699.00 per month tier, but it could be too much for the companies on their starting phase. Adding this feature for special package or something will be better to try it. I might be wrong, but they really have to give chances for users who keep using Yotpo, for example more than 1 year or 2 years.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the powerful review collecting app.

More reviews means more credibility. We mix up Yotpo review and Google trusted store review and it proves we have better sales than before. Controlling review is not easy, but it's easier than ever with Yotpo. Their dashboard and moderate system is easy to handle and very intuitive.

"Great app"

What do you like best?

I love how they automatically send review requests to my customers and them post it directly under the corresponding product letting people know it’s from a verified buyer

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it’s hard to get my customers to actually do the reviews - but I guess that’s not app’s fault. Still some kind of incentive for competing might be helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! It’s easy to set up and use and you’ll be able to build your company reputation using reviews.

I’m a relatively new business go yotpo is helping me build trust of potential clients

Roy F.

"I recommend Yotpo"

What do you like best?

My account managers are the best. Both Igal and now Gino

What do you dislike?

the UI still needs some work, it is not as easy to find what I need to do quickly sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I used Bizzardvoice, power reivew , shopify review (on shopify stores), this is by far the easiest to implement, use and truly works for a modern date online store.

User generated contents including pictures and social postings.

"Extremely amazing portal that will make money for you"

What do you like best?

Yotpo's intregration system is amazing. THey can connect with your site very quickly and your customers start receiving mail after purchase emails asking to write a review WITHIN THE EMAIL. That part is key. Most reviews emails ask the customer to click here to write a review. Customers do not want to do that. Yotpo's email allows them to write a review write in that email. It is so simple for the brand and the consumer. Before Yotpo, we were getting about 5 reviews a month, now we get 250 a month. The ROI is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The filter systems within the admin dashboard are not extremely easy to use nor detailed. You cannot always filter how you would like. Other than that, I do not have much to complain about.

We are getting so many product reviews which is absolutely key for an online ecommerce retail product. REviews give new customers confirmation about a product and help sway their opinions. There is nothing more valuable than peer review of products. We have more than made our money back with this system.

Randy P.

"Best of Breed!"

What do you like best?

Briefcase.com is a 20+ year old ecommerce business and we've worked with our share of review platforms. Yotpo is the best in the business!

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, support response quality and turnaround time wasn't what it is today. They aren't the cheapest!

Yotpo's stellar software instantly provides our customers a higher level of confidence when shopping on Briefcase.com. Our Yotpo reviews convert to real sales, no doubt about it!

User in Consumer Electronics

"Best Review System"

What do you like best?

All reviews are in one platform that is easy to use and understand. Great interface for the customers. Exporting reviews and sharing them with upper management is super easy. Organizing reviews and responding to customer questions is easy. Having YOTPO on our website doesn't look out of place. You can customize what the customer sees so that it looks like it's a part of your website and not a third party source.

What do you dislike?

Customers can notify you that they have not received their order through the YOTPO review request email. I wish that YOTPO would send the email address as well as the name and order number to make follow up faster and easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

YOTPO is an amazing software and super easy to use. Their support team is very involved and eager to answer any questions. They believe in their product and that makes our company want to stay with them.

All of our reviews come through YOTPO. We use their marketing tools to boost sales on our Social Media platforms. I personally use YOTPO to gather what customers are saying about our products and any issues that may arise. Their system makes it very easy to reach out to customers to solve any issues.

Greg D.

"Decent Functionality, Very slow support"

What do you like best?

There's some great tools to re-engage customers to write reviews if they haven't already, and the cost is reasonable for the functionality it delivers.

What do you dislike?

Support has been slow to respond to our inquiries for technical issues, and has often not really helped towards resolution, simply passed the issue back to our team. No option for content syndication to other retailers.

Getting product reviews on our website, certainly helps with consumer trust

User in Consumer Electronics

"COMPLETELY WORTH IT"

What do you like best?

This review system is incredible. Our website has been in business for over 20 years and we only had about 200 reviews on our website. When we implemented Yotpo, we have over 2,000 reviews in the first year! It completely strengthens your brand loyalty and customer conversions. Easy to use back-end system and love how customers can upload photos of the products. We can share the reviews on social for even more exposure.

What do you dislike?

The search and export function on the backend could use some work. I wish it was more detailed so we can search and export reviews based on exact keywords we are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just implement it. Depending on your products retail price, the price could be steep, but we certainly receive a VERY strong ROI on this software. Plus, it strengthens our brand.

Customer conversion rate! Increased web sales, stronger brand value and enhanced SEO

Daniel A.

"Seamless integration great customer support"

What do you like best?

Customer support has always been helpful and quick. Integration API was well documented and we were fully integrated in a week.

What do you dislike?

There's no way to review the product catalog within the yotpo admin console to make sure the system has captured everything correctly.

Automated follow up to purchases to request product reviews. Having reviews show up on product pages on ecommerce site.

Learn more about Yotpo

Yotpo Videos

Learning about Yotpo?

* We monitor all Yotpo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.