Sentry

Sentry gives you insight into the errors that affect your customers.

Work for Sentry?

Learning about Sentry?

Sentry Reviews

Ask Sentry a Question
Showing 44 Sentry reviews
Sentry review by Alfred A.
Alfred A.

"Development with an effective bug tracking"

What do you like best?

As for me, I can just use few lines of code to set up this system and it takes only a few minutes. I'm glad that system works fast and I can save my productive time. Also I have the ability to have notifications via my email or push messages as part of an existing workflow when mistakes happen.

What do you dislike?

At beginning of my journey with Sentry I really need help from somebody who knows how to start to work with this. Support service always helps to solve a problem or help with any info which I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can say that Sentry it is the key to productive work in the software development company. The service has a big opportunity of working tools which is really useful for everyone. With this platform you will manage all issues around you and in the team. I recommend it to you. Do your work right.

We are working on how to fast find and reproduce bugs and resolve issues with max effectiveness. We are glad to work with Sentry, as it helps to develop better apps.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Sentry
Sentry review by Ariel C.
Ariel C.

"My use of Sentry"

What do you like best?

For me, the most convenient is track errors for multiple languages on a single app. Pretty easy to install and set up.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more effective filters to send out the messages, otherwise I received tons of emails. Also, I would like to see a better search function.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A single error reporting platform for almost any programming language. The service is fairly easy to integrate. The whole setup of Sentry took me just a couple of minutes, with just a few lines of code, that is why you should definitely give Sentry a try.

We use Sentry for our projects with AngularJS and Android, and it works wine. Bugs tracking with it help me and my team monitor and fix crashes in real time. We can tag and filter our data so that we get a full view of the problem and can fix a bug usually in an hour or even less.

What Bug Tracking solution do you use?

Sentry review by Abram C.
Abram C.

"Tracking errors"

What do you like best?

I like this bug tracking system, which is built for the community. I'm glad that the system works quickly, since I can save my time. In addition, I have the ability to receive notifications via e-mail or messages as part of an existing workflow when errors occur or appear. Errors are tracked for each project, so there's no problem if you work in more than one project at a time.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a better search function. Still, there were problems with configuring automatic assemblies for deploying releases and maps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tracking errors in all environments, for all applications in our projects.

The entire installation of this program took me just a couple of minutes, just a few lines of code, so you definitely need to try this program. This is a common platform for error messages for almost any programming language. The service is fairly easy to integrate. I recommend the program to you. Do your job right.

Sentry review by Erinn C.
Erinn C.

"The better error tracking that helps us a lot."

What do you like best?

Very quick install with just some lines of code. Much easy to get notifications across email, messages, or chat as part of a present workflow when mistakes occur or resurface. I like that error tracking system which is built for community.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to say bad about that software. As for me and my working team, we like every step of the working process. We never had problems with the tracking system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software allows you to integrate error tracking with your perform and deploy workflows. Also, you will have the total events to see where bugs occur, how often, and who are affected. Actually, we like that product and everything that we can have with it.

We can make better sorting, reproduce and solved errors with maximum performance and appearance. We have the ability to exception handling with this platform helps developers make better apps and repeat quicker.

Sentry review by Cyril C.
Cyril C.

"Use to track errors and quickly fix problems."

What do you like best?

Performance Sentry for tracking errors is very high. This helps very quickly to find and fix the problems that arise. Sentry fits perfectly with other tools. What else I like is the ability to create additional filters. This can be extremely useful.

What do you dislike?

I would not call the user interface very successful. Sometimes there may be problems with setting up notifications, otherwise you can get dozens of notifications about the same error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A sign of professionalism is to fix mistakes even before the client complains. And Sentry is very effective and useful software that will help you in this. Sentry is really very easy to use and implement, and has great functionality in comparison with other similar programs.

We have been using Sentry for some time, to generate error reports in our projects. This service allows us to track errors and failures in time, as well as to explain the reason and eliminate it. This helps to significantly improve the efficiency of our work and its quality. Sentry - is indispensable for a new project, because it helps to solve the problem before someone collides with it.

Sentry review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Sentry is a good error tracker"

What do you like best?

The integration of releases and the caught exceptions is fantastic; it can mark exceptions as resolved automatically when a release occurs. I've got it integrated with a Python back-end and a Javascript front-end; setup was straightforward and simple. It will email when new exceptions occur but it can also do other things like post the exception information into a specific Slack channel.

What do you dislike?

I've had trouble getting Sentry to filter out exceptions that occur during development. These clutter up the display, making it a bit more difficult to find the real errors.

Some of the programmer documentation could be better; it was a bit difficult to find some of the configuration settings for Python.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to investigate how Sentry handles releases; that has been the killer feature for us.

Tracking exceptions that the users of our website experience so that we can find and fix them.

Sentry review by Krystyna L.
Krystyna L.

"Around bugs"

What do you like best?

Very like that now I have the great system of tracking common bugs. Actually easy to use and has a lot of amazing tools.Which will make your project be better.

What do you dislike?

Actually no real cons. I using that software at my company and I found out that its too great to have it. The perfect way to avoid a lot of mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very nice software. Always will helps you. You will know everything that you are working on. Great to control process. Easy to set up and use. I recommend it.

Helps us to develop control and fix collapse in real time. Also making our work more efficiently.Great that we can develop user experience. Big helper, it that moment.

Sentry review by Rut B.
Rut B.

"It saves your developer life"

What do you like best?

We have two hybrid applications written in Javascript with Ionic/Cordova.

Without Sentry, it would be impossible to investigate a lot of problems/errors reported by our customers, we like the very detailed erros reports and the filtering feature that lets you search by operating system, device model, and so on.

Also, Android Java exceptions tracking is very good.

What do you dislike?

I don't like frequent errors management: it would be nice, for the same error occoured hundreds or thousands of times, to filter single events by operating systems, device model, more or less like the general error filtering. It would be easier to isolate single events reported by specific customers.

It surely help to save a large amount of time while debugging, and makes possible to solve problems otherwise unsolvable

Sentry review by Rodrigo T.
Rodrigo T.

"excellent bug tracker"

What do you like best?

you can easily integrate sentry with Github to create issues, assign those to users, send messages to slack channels and have a good real-time control of your system's health.

What do you dislike?

the notifications settings can be tricky. It took some time until I was able to configure it properly to not be bombarded by emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider using it because has a great support, good documentation and is very easy to set up. Using some integrations like Slack messages, Trello etc your team will be even more productive and reactive.

I'm using Sentry to track/control bugs in five java ee systems. Sentry helps a lot given all required information and resources to reproduce and understand unexpected behaviors.

Sentry review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Decent error emails out of the box"

What do you like best?

I like its built int clustering and throttling, and smooth presentation of important information like stack trace.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you cannot have different lists of people to notify, and key off of tags or other things to decide which list to send to. We're at the point where we have 25 engineers and emailing all of them for each error does not make sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sentry is probably sufficient for 90% of use cases out there. We are having trouble scaling it with our team while at the same time avoiding "alarm fatigue".

We want to be notified when production errors are encountered, but not flood our inboxes.

Sentry review by Asim A.
Asim A.

"Very useful tool for crash reporting"

What do you like best?

It is my first choice as a crash reporting tool for web, mobile and games.

It has support for the latest languages such as JavaScript, Ruby, Python, PHP, and Node.js.

It shows me the exact performed actions from the users which has led to the crash and thus providing a deep insight for the actions as well as the related workflows which have caused the error and definitely it is of great use for me to debug the problem.

What do you dislike?

It will provide you with lots of features but when it comes to the trail of events it may fail helping you.

It is surely not helpful for you to show a historical event of errors and bugs which have occurred.

If you want to capture other issues with the code, you cannot expect much from the tool with that too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Surely recommended for a trial as it it is an easy to use and helpful tool.

I have been suing it and found that it is very easy to operate and can be started of easily with the documentation.

It will notify the affected users about the crash so that they are aware that they have encountered an error and it will be resolved pretty soon.

It automatically prompts the users for feedback so that they know when things aren’t working fine. You can also get to know about the details like where error has happened, its frequency and the affected users.

You are free to choose from the notifications options from a range of email, SMS, or live chat when any error occurs.

Sentry review by Jitender P.
Jitender P.

"Outstanding application for real time error reporting"

What do you like best?

Sentry helps me to identify, examine and diagnose the errors in real time environment as it is really fast in gathering the required information which is needed to diagnose the error. The best part is that I can decide myself on what to do when an error occurs in my app. I can either fix that error or I can roll back to a previous stable version of my app whenever anything unexpected happens. This makes my app stable in its live version throughout the year.

It shows the actual stack traces for the error as well as the error’s parameters and online session info to solve the issue quickly.

What do you dislike?

You need to be extra vigilant while choosing the email notifications from Sentry. If you have not filtered your notifications regarding error messages, it will send you notifications for every single piece of error in your app whether it is of importance or not. Also I feel that the price is a little higher at $29 per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You would surely love Sentry if you are starting a new app, and by integrating your app with Sentry you will get the most out of it by debugging errors in your app effectively.

Sentry helps me in knowing what’s actually making my app break down, how often is it happening and which users are getting affected by the breakdown. Thus, it provides a detailed and thorough analysis about any crash or break down through Email and SMS notifications. This analysis makes it easy for me to catch the bugs in my application in real time.

Sentry review by Shubhra M.
Shubhra M.

"Effective and easy to onboard monitoring tool."

What do you like best?

Very fast and easy to on-board. Takes less then 5 minutes to get started and seeing it in action. The context provided by event trail is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The developer offering is well featured and can be integrated with solution in minutes.

I don't have to reply on my application users to report errors and provide details. Ability to see the event trail, detailed error messages make debugging a whole lot easier.

Sentry review by Bhargav N.
Bhargav N.

"Saves developers and testers time!"

What do you like best?

We've been using Sentry as an error reporting tool. The performance is great where one can expect timely alerts for all the events triggered across servers. The traceback can be easily understood and one can get to the problem very easily.

What do you dislike?

There can be better filters for notifications, otherwise one can get bombarded with emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are building software and want to keep track of bugs with much less human intervention, this is the tool. It keeps your team updated on the issues and catch bugs early on.

We wanted to catch bugs early on and sentry does a great job. It reports front-end JS errors and my backend php errors with complete stacktrace which makes it very easy to fix them.

Sentry review by Minh N.
Minh N.

"A powerful realtime error management platform for almost everything we need"

What do you like best?

A single error reporting platform for almost every popular stack/language we need, pretty easy to integrate. We're using Sentry for our projects with Django, AngularJS, Android ... and it does its job. The service integrations (Slack, github, heroku, ..) are handy and easy to setup as well, plug it into our current workflow and start playing with it in no time.

Stable, UX is good overall, with a bunch of useful features from a true error management platform. Sometime we even use it as a mini Jira for our quick clean sessions, and it works great that way.

Finally, it's opensource and free on github, for you to grab and setup your own, even make your own forked version, this seems to make Sentry an active product with active development.

What do you dislike?

Manual installation ain't that super straight forward, but not really bad, probably they encourage us to buy the SaaS paid version instead, but that would be fair enough. With the SaaS version, the price is a bit high at the moment, IMHO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended. It's easy to intergrate into almost every popular existing stack, without not much changes in the codebase. If the paid SaaS ain't ideal for you, probably give it a try with the trial one as we can always setup the free stuff after, if we really like it.

Tracking bug in all environments, for all applications in our projects. It's much like letting users to become software QA without them knowing it, and you can see the detailed stacktrace/logs in just one place, getting 'em filtered, analyzed etc .. before hand. It's kinda handy and efficient.

Sentry review by Luis Alejandro C.
Luis Alejandro C.

"Great bug tracking app."

What do you like best?

Sentry is a great tool to keep track of bugs that occur in production environments. It has API libraries for most of the popular languages out there.

Having the possibility to use this for front-end and back-end code is really useful, you just gotta use the specific library for it, for example their Javascript library if you're using it in front-end apps, and their Python library if you're using that in the back-end.

Bugs are tracked per project, so there is no problem if you're working in multiple projects at a time.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I could say I dislike about Sentry, but there's always room for improvement.

For instance, there's room for improvement in the look and feel, and organization of information in the Sentry's UI to view and manage your bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely give Sentry a try to track your bugs in production apps.

Bug tracking for apps running in a production environment.

Even if you follow a very careful process to release software, bugs will always be there. And having a tool that could track these, and have them reviewed as they arise, has innumerable benefits.

Sentry review by Eric H.
Eric H.

"Good tool for tracking down troublesome bugs"

What do you like best?

The fact that it shows regressions is very useful. A bug can appear and be fixed, and if something down the line causes the same error, it doesn't show up as a separate problem-- so you can really keep tabs on things that you thought were fixed but maybe weren't.

What do you dislike?

I've found an unusual and very problematic bug with the account management-- I had a previous Sentry account with another company, and after changing jobs, I've found that no matter what I do, I cannot log in to the new company's single sign on page in Sentry, rendering it pretty much useless. This is a niche problem and one that doesn't seem widespread, but significant enough that it's hard to really recommend this to another user with full enthusiasm.

It keeps track of bugs and lets you see the stack trace of said bugs, so it's very effective at keeping tabs on problematic endpoints and you can circumvent a client's frustration if you can see what they are experiencing from a backend perspective.

Sentry review by Allen B.
Allen B.

"Allows us to easily track JS errors through our site"

What do you like best?

It's been fantastic in letting us know when a customer has experienced any issues in our checkout process or other areas of the website. Now instead of flying blind we can actually know within the second someone encounters an error and can begin fixing it.

What do you dislike?

The email notifications can be heavy if you don't do some tweaking and filtering. I was getting bombarded with every little js error the front end console would encounter. I wouldn't really count this as a negative against Sentry, since this means it's doing its job. But setting up filters in the front end script and being able to mute errors has made it more manageable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to read the documentation! That should be a given, but going through their docs will show you just about everything you can do with raven.js and will help you set up the appropriate filters you might need.

Even though this might not be its primary function for most people, we can now see when someone hits a dead end in our checkout process. This has been fantastic in improving conversion rates now that we can spot the problems before anyone else has to encounter them. It's hard to imagine how many visitors might have been encountering process halting errors before now (and worse, how many could've bounced from it). But Sentry has been a huge help in rectifying those problems. I highly recommend it!

Sentry review by Maxime L.
Maxime L.

"Best logging utility to catch every errors in production!"

What do you like best?

- Multi-language support: allows us to track our Python and Javascript errors with a single product

- Ease of settings in the web interface: limits domains, notifications frequency

- Possibility to track all events: messages, exceptions, etc.

- Two offers: SaaS (not free but all is managed for you) or instable on your own server for free

- Integration with Trello, to pass information through our different SaaS

What do you dislike?

- No way to filter/categorize elements in the interface to filter events after in the main list (except by assignation to people...). It is possible to set tags only when the event is fired...

- Javascript errors catched are sometimes not our concerns (e.g. Skype plugin or third party bug)

- No sandbox to test configuration before deploying in production

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Easy to setup, even on its own server, and way better than any home-made logger.

- I tend to prefer the SaaS version that gives security to small company without devops: no need to monitor if the monitor of your project is still up!

- Support most of web technologies, should work on any projects

Mostly bugs in production and have a better communication about it: we notify people who have encounter problems once bugs are solved. Customers says we are pretty reactive on this point and Sentry is a big help in this.

Also help us to reproduce bugs thanks to context user data like browser or inputs done.

Sentry review by Anthony S.
Anthony S.

"Essential for monitoring our web application and daemons"

What do you like best?

Sentry has error handling clients written for almost every technology that our company uses. In addition to the Python and JavaScript client libraries, they have additional libraries that plug right into common development frameworks like Tornado, Django, Angular, etc.

Installation of these client libraries is amazingly simple.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of embeddable widgets on error metrics. We'd like to make it easy for us to create/share/export a generic dashboard and/or graph to view all stats (not just Sentry). That being said, they do have an API that allows the end user to fetch the error events (so that you can plot them on your own).

This helps us maintain uptime (especially on new deploys). Keeping track of new, occurring, and regressing errors helps our engineering team prioritize what to work on.

Sentry review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Great tool to provide visibility into errors"

What do you like best?

Great amount of detail for each error. Super easy for me to put numbers to issues in the software.

What do you dislike?

I, personally, was never able to correlate errors to specific actions. I think there might've been something messed up in our configuration that line numbers were off (some documentation pointed to potential causes).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to have engineering buy-in to actually monitor, investigate, and resolve the errors. As with any tool, they're only as valuable as the processes you use to support them.

We had no visibility into what javascript console errors were happening for our clients. This gave us some of that.

Sentry review by Alex Z.
Alex Z.

"amazing and easy to set up, life saver"

What do you like best?

pretty easy to set up. i used a self-hosted version and didn't have much trouble installing it. i love not receiving 5000 emails for one 500 error but just see in sentry that the same issue occurred 5000 times. and to be able to categorize them and mark as resolved.

What do you dislike?

i think install process can be even simpler.

i have various clients that have various websites. before webapps were just sending 500 emails to email group aka admins@domain.com which would spam 5 people with many many emails. it's very annoying and creates too much noise. most people just set up email filters so those emails bypass inbox and no one is aware of issues. sentry solves that probles easily, dashboard is awesome too.

Sentry review by Tyler B.
Tyler B.

"Search needs some love, but fits our needs perfectly."

What do you like best?

Sentry is extremely fast at gathering all the information necessary to debug an exception. It also groups them into accurate categories and provides permalinks to each error for reference. I always make sure that, when I start a new project, I get the Sentry project access key and integrate Sentry right away. Without it, I feel blind when I am debugging errors on our servers.

What do you dislike?

The search feature could be better. You can't always construct the exact search that you want, narrowing down to a specific error message at a specific time on a specific host accessed via a specific path. You can usually get there by browsing and filtering, so it's a minor nitpick.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Sentry to any Ruby developer. Its Ruby support is top-notch and I've never had a problem with downtime or responsiveness.

I am a developer on a medium-to-large team and use Sentry for debugging errors in our API that serves our mobile apps. The main benefit of having Sentry is an indexed and searchable error log to quickly find and reference recurring exceptions.

Sentry review by Esteban R.
Esteban R.

"Real-Time Error Reporting!"

What do you like best?

You can track error for multiple languages on a single app, for example, if you use Laravel you can check for PHP errors and Javascript at the same time. This is very useful, because usually you require users to report the error, this way you discover any errors on-the-fly and you can respond accordingly. Also has trello support which is a plus for me.

What do you dislike?

It's a pay software and the price is too high (At least for me), It would be nice if they put up a free-tier or a 1-2 person tier for half a price.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can pay for it, you should definitely try it. Even if you don't it has a 14 days trial in which you can see some of the features you can use/see

Sentry hepls you monitor errors, exceptions and warnings for Small to Large proyects without the need for user reporting.

Sentry review by Bradley H.
Bradley H.

"Used Sentry for my last company. Loved the interface, ease of setup, and features."

What do you like best?

I really liked Sentry's interface and pricing, plus the Heroku integration made it super easy and simple to get set up. Sentry supports tons of languages, offers a lot of cool integrations, release tracking and more. I was really happy with it and it helped me, as sole-engineer/CTO, keep on top of bugs and issues with our app. I would definitely use Sentry again.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I didn't really have any complaints with Sentry when I used it. The interface was a little clunky when I started using it, but that has improved a lot since then. They've also added more language support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check it out if you want a solid, easy to use bug tracking solution with good pricing and a pleasing interface.

Sentry helps your team stay on top errors and issues within your app and helps you to diagnose the problem and find out where/when it was introduced into your codebase.

Sentry review by Pushpak D.
Pushpak D.

"Useful tool"

What do you like best?

Sentry was very easily pluggable into my existing django project. Best is the mail feature where I get to know the cause of issue easily on my phone without having to log into my server everytime. Plus, I am assured that I haven't missed any errors which is very important.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is too high. Plus, I wish there is atleast a basic version of Sentry which is available for free. This forces me to search for cheap/free alternatives of Sentry.

I was working part time for a startup handling the backend completely. During the day, I was going for my full time job & if any error comes at that point, I had to tell the other guy to debug it. At that time it was very difficult to do so without knowing what is the error cause. With Sentry in place, I got to know almost the exact reason for failure via email & I could then guide him accordingly on how to fix it.

This was very useful.

Sentry review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Your go-to tool for getting errors from your application."

What do you like best?

Sentry has libraries and plugins for pretty much all languages and framework that are common. There is a very high chance that there is a very good integration of sentry's library with the environment you are currently using.

With the latest version, it's interface makes it very easy to have a global view and details output of errors and exception your applications generated. It's also very nice to be able to see a trend of bugs and errors over time when a new version of your software is released.

Also Slack integration is a must and Sentry does it very well.

What do you dislike?

The setup process isn't super simple. It would be nice if the software were to be packaged (rpm, deb...) so upgrades would be easier and it wouldn't "pollute" the server it's installed on.

I've ran into some issues with the installation process that could have been dealt with if there was better documentation or simply more automation in the installation process.

While the Slack integration is a great feature, it would be nice to be able to filter projects to different channels.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it in a virtual machine or a dedicated server first. Sentry can tend to take a lot of resources if there is a lot of applications reporting to it.

Getting to know what errors are raised in an application with better debugging information without having to rely on adding more logging manually or having to rely on running the application in debug mode.

Sentry review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

I like it's trace of the code. It is the best way to debug the whole trace. Most importantly, checking the request and finding the exact cause of error helps to quickly solve the problem.

What do you dislike?

The Interface. Although the Web Interface is quite good but I believe it can be improved. Improving to include the variables values at the time of error. Moreover since it already groups same types of errors, it should be grouped with same type of requests also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend to use Sentry. I think, after setting it up, it is one of the most important thing that a developer must have.

I am in a team that manages intranet system of our institute. We get 500 errors daily and every evening sentry helps me to debug all the problems efficiently.

Sentry review by User

"Best client side error tracing/reporting solution I've used"

What do you like best?

Most of it is open source, it's easy to get started, documentation is good, works pretty much anywhere/everywhere, it's reliable, I've had no issues so far (~1 year of use).

What do you dislike?

The settings/configuration feels complicated when working with many projects (shared vs. project-specific settings). The previous version used to have a nice feed/view with the most recent exceptions across all projects; now I have to open each project to see if there's anything new.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent for client-side (in-browser javascript) errors. On the server side you might want to look into more comprehensive solutions like New Relic APM.

Stack tracing and error reporting - especially on the client side (javascript in the browser).

Sentry review by Naoko R.
Naoko R.

"Dependable and Reasonable Pricing"

What do you like best?

I can capture all the necessary information realtime yet don't overwhelmed notification queue because it does "intelligent" notification.

Easy to configure and easy integration with Slack.

What do you dislike?

Project setup UI might not be the most intuitive UI

Issue to be instantly notify developers and proactively fix the issue instead of waiting for someone to report.

Sentry review by Alvin S.
Alvin S.

"Sentry is a simple and powerful exception tracker that works for everything"

What do you like best?

Sentry by far is my favorite exception tracker that can provide lots of powerful debugging information including raw data payloads, exception, tags, git release etc making it easy to know if this bug is happening across multiple environments and how common it is happening.

What do you dislike?

Sentry could improve on the browsing ability to find previous bugs from weeks ago rather than just a now view.

Catching bugs and finding the root cause quickly with real example data.

Sentry review by User in Research
User in Research

"Sentry Review "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to see when a website user is experiencing a problem right away. I also like that I can hook sentry up to slack so that I can become instantly notified of a problem.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the free version has limited capabilities, making you purchase the paid version. The free version, for example, doesn't always show the errors in order. There may be errors that are 4 months old showing up on the most recent page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy the paid version- you won't regret it.

We are solving the business problem of customer satisfaction. We can instantly know when a user is having a problem accessing a page and can fix it immediately.

Sentry review by Ignacio S.
Ignacio S.

"Best real time bug logging"

What do you like best?

* It is easy to integrate with our applications.

* It supports most commonly used languages such as JavaScript, Python, Php, nodejs, among others.

* Easy monitoring of errors in real time with a detailed and accurate description

* External Integrations: GitHub, Bitbucket, Trello, Slack, and anothers more

What do you dislike?

* Some errors are not our application

* Email notification can be overwhelming.

I helped to improve the response time in resolving errors as well as in correcting errors in all environments (development, production).

Sentry review by User in Internet

"Best error monitoring sollution"

What do you like best?

Sentry has libraries for lots of different languages and frameworks that makes it easy to integrate.

Great search tool combined together with tags allows you quickly to find users who expect problems.

What do you dislike?

Support could be better.

We got problems that errors from rails are appearing twice, and we didnt get any help from the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it :)

Its very important for use to deliver an error-free service to our users. Sentry allows us to get and solve problems before our users report them.With Sentry we can now be sure that our website and mobile apps are working without any problems. And as soon as they happen we can be sure that we will know it before our users.

"Sentry is great"

What do you like best?

Sentry helped us figure out many production issues with very little effort. All events are aggregated into easy to parse messages.

What do you dislike?

The searching capabilities do not seem very thorough. I have tried to search by url and still come up short :/

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sentry is super easy to implement and has saved us quite a bit of time when debugging production issues. Send as much data as you can to sentry. Custom events are your friend!

Metrics, bug tracking and visibility into out production instance.

Sentry review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Great App with Open source and hosted options"

What do you like best?

It's open source, robust, and built by a great team. I've been using it since it was launched as an open source project

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to replicate the exact error but that's the nature of these tools.

We are trying to gain insight into all backend and frontend errors to solve the problems as soon as possible.

Sentry review by User

"Know what's happen in production: react quickly"

What do you like best?

Very simple and understandable view of issues that are happening in production.]

It integrates very well with other tools, like Jira or github.

What do you dislike?

Though Sentry is focus in error logging and it does an excellent job doing so, some extra login and monitoring add-ons would be very helpful.

Some configurations, like source-maps, can get tricky if your use case is not the standard.

Quickly reacting to issues happening in production that affects our users.

Sentry review by Administrator

"Sentry is awesome software to help me monitor online problem"

What do you like best?

1. powerful. I use it to generate all online problem, and notify some status of concern.

2. easy to use. it easy to install

3. open source, I will do secondary development on it to fit our usage scenario when my team have time.

What do you dislike?

1. It hasn't the feature that mark who solve the online problem.

2. It can not easy format the error log as plain text format

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use sentry, you will get a easy way to open the black box of you online trouble.

I can easy find out which program has what problem.

Sentry review by Елена .
Елена .

"Game server manage"

What do you like best?

Easy monitoring errors, describe full information about issues, quick responce on on tronwn exceptions

What do you dislike?

Currently sentry uses oupdated version of django, so It must be used with virtualenv

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's easy setup and awesome control of health status for your project. great support and many solutions compatible!

web game server support, monitoring errors on web server working

"Sentry Review "

What do you like best?

A great error reporting and tracking software that is open source and allows you to build custom solutions for your needs

What do you dislike?

sometimes finding answers to questions can be hard to find in the docs.

We use sentry to track exceptions that we catch in our applications, we are also able to see graphs of errors and users affected.

Sentry review by Remigiusz D.
Remigiusz D.

"I used it every day."

What do you like best?

- full traceback

- local variables

- showing source code

What do you dislike?

Not supporting MySQL anymore.

Outdated on promise version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try, it is worth.

Easier error logs. Faster tracking of errors.

Sentry review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Great for production bug monitoring"

What do you like best?

Sentry provides the right level of detail necessary when users experience issues in global applications.

It eliminates the time gap it takes to dig through log files to root cause specific stack traces.

What do you dislike?

The manual installation procedure was a little bumpy.

Email notifications are sometimes overwhelming and bothersome (you have the ability to mute these though).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read all of the documentation first!

Bug tracking across multiple languages in several regions. Sometimes it's easiest to let users be your QA testers to find every last little glitch.

Sentry review by User in Computer Software

"Sentry Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it catches bugs from our users workflow and sends them to us.

What do you dislike?

Some of these bugs are things that we can't help or fix. Sometimes they're hard to digest. This area could be improved.

We're using it to identify app breaking bugs are release days and determining outages before they're reported.

Sentry review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"An absolute must"

What do you like best?

Very fast and detailed error reporting!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing.Nothing.Nothing.Nothing.Nothing.Nothing.Nothing.Nothing.

Faster and easier debugging!

Learning about Sentry?

* We monitor all Sentry reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.