3.9
(3,784)

Constant Contact introduced the first email marketing tool for small businesses, nonprofits, and associations in 1998. Today, the company helps hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide find marketing success through the only all-in-one online marketing platform for small organizations.

Work for Constant Contact?

Learning about Constant Contact?

Constant Contact Reviews

Showing 3,784 Constant Contact reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Constant Contact
Constant Contact review by Administrator

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Constant Contact review by Agency
Agency
View Original December 4, 2018

"Software review"

Constant Contact review by Steve R.
Steve R.

"Improving, Still A Ways To Go"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact reliably manages lists, sends scheduled emails and reports back on the various analytics associated with email programs. They have made some improvements in user-experience and interface that is bringing them up to speed with more modern platforms.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact gets the job done, but feels less intuitive than some of its rivals. The templates interface is somewhat confusing, and requires more code knowledge than say that of MailChimp. I have not used their mobile app, which is in itself a problem. I didn't even know it existed until I checked while writing this review. Some prompts and communications on new features and services would be helpful. The overall interface of Constant Contact looks and feels dated in 2019, and the templates feel dated as well. Constant Contact requires more coding than should be needed for a modern email platform, and custom templates are a bit of a pain to manage and edit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp is the champ of email platforms, but it's certainly worth spending some time with others, including Constant Contact, to see just why Constant Contact has some room to improve.

We have clients come in that are using Constant Contact as we have to adapt to it as a legacy piece of their business. As mentioned above, it gets the job done, but isn't our favorite email platform and we frequently will recommend clients move away from it if at all possible.

Constant Contact review by Mila Sofia W.
Mila Sofia W.

"excellent email marketing that helps the growth of our company and customer satisfaction"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent tool that I like thanks to the great opportunities it offers both personally and business to grow our business in a responsible way to our customers, is the great help we needed to provide good customer service and perform various activities and tasks to achieve successful marketing.

What do you dislike?

its price is the only point against which I could mention this great marketing tool because personally I think it presents a high price in comparison with other tools that the market offers us and this disadvantage is something that should be considered as it limits its implementation within small or large companies. Clearly, it is important to mention that the features and functionalities that this platform offers are diverse, complete and unbeatable, so that the purchasing value that it presents is supported and supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is an excellent online marketing service that offers a wide experience and gives us great opportunities for email marketing to go to a high level of effectiveness and productivity for companies, it is a great tool to make campaigns, announcements and publications, attention, among other important tasks with our customers, allowing them to obtain excellent care and with great ease of use.

In the first place, Constant Contact offers us the benefit of having a great variety of templates for emails that we can implement in a simple, creative, original and totally customizable way, thus allowing the work to be easier and require less time of dedication since we can Starting from templates already predetermined saving the task of going to page designers to contextualize according to our purposes as a company, this way I have also saved myself the trouble of feeling dissatisfied when they perform work that meets my expectations, now I can do it myself , on the other hand it has been incredible to me to begin the marketing campaigns that I have needed to implement to present changes and innovations of the company in which I work, as well as the offers and opportunities that the clientele can take advantage of in certain determined dates. in the second place he has offered me a wide list of subscribers by email and has allowed me to upload my email lists from Excel files and different emails from gmail or outlook.I can not fail to mention that it has helped us greatly in customer service, which today are more satisfied with the company at work and especially with my performance and attention within it.

Constant Contact review by Adam P.
Adam P.

"Effective marketing campaigns for my clients and prospects"

What do you like best?

With Constant Contac marketing campaigns are more effective by emails, very easy to use and configure, it has a very simple interface, facilitating the design of emails with a variety of not very extensive templates. Something that I like very much is that they constantly inform you through your email about the updates so you are up to date with the options that make them up

What do you dislike?

This software is very expensive compared to other similar products, it is far above its competitors. The templates that are offered are very basic and not very customizable, in addition another thing that has been difficult for me is the handling in mobile phones, it can be very cumbersome and it would not be too much that they will fix a lot in that aspect

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very effective and easy to use, it adapts to any type of business and it is software that will help you increase sales and subscribers. A personal recommendation would be that before paying the first installment use the free version so they can adapt to the interface before buying it

With this Software I have been able to add subscribers and potential clients to my list and client portfolio. It has allowed us as a company to easily track the delivery of bulletins by email, the creation of campaigns stopped being a difficulty for our team and it has also been easy to share our campaigns in social networks

Constant Contact review by Derek D.
Derek D.

"Easy, fun to use, informative"

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to customize emails on the fly, and being able to send it to certain lists. I love having the ability to see which emails bounced, and that the software automatically filters them to a list so they won't get an email message again. I like the weekly email stats and being able to draft and schedule emails in advance.

What do you dislike?

Contact management features are kind of broken. Constant Contact emails sometimes end up as spam in certain users inboxes. Web interface could use some fine tuning and an update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to attend a local training class to get a more in depth view into the feature set. There are a lot of hidden features that are available and not widely known to the public.

Sharing new product features with our customers.

Sharing important personnel additions or changes.

The ability to inform our customers that our offices will be closed on certain holidays.

The ability to inform our customers and prospects when our sales team will be at certain trade events.

Constant Contact review by Hector G.
Hector G.

"Promote your company or business easily with Constant Contact."

What do you like best?

It is one of the best marketing tools today, it allows you to reach thousands of potential customers quickly and effectively through mass email campaigns.

Constant Contact has many templates with really cool designs that facilitate the creation of marketing campaigns, so we can easily select some of the templates and customize it.

This system has a great reputation worldwide, is used by small and large companies around the world, it is very safe and effective with a good anti-spam policy.

We can easily measure the results of our campaigns with the option of reporting verifying the percentages and number of clicks made by users, we can also see the percentages of opening and rebounds to have control over our campaigns and improve our strategy.

One of its biggest advantages is the ease to segment our subscriber lists, it allows us to create different lists of contacts easily and quickly.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the support through telephone calls is not so good, there are few technicians who speak Spanish and in some occasions I have had to wait a long time to be attended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simply great, it's worth the investment because if you perform appropriate campaigns you can get the profitability you expect.

It is the most effective marketing tool we use in our company, it has easily allowed us to reach many customers.

Constant Contact review by Williams J.
Williams J.

"Complete and simple email marketing system."

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is in my opinion the best online system to create effective email marketing campaigns, it is a very easy to use system because its interface is simple, clean and intuitive.

With Constant Contact we can create email marketing campaigns in a very easy way, the system gives us options to guide us in an appropriate way, it also has templates with attractive designs that we can edit and adapt.

It is very easy to segment our subscriber lists to direct our campaigns to different target audiences, we can also analyze the statistics of our campaigns easily and verify the percentages of openings, bounces and clicks.

Constant Contact makes it easier for us to increase our contact lists because we can incorporate forms on our website that allow us to add subscribers.

What do you dislike?

I have done very well with this system and I have no complaints about it, maybe it is a bit expensive but it depends directly on our list of subscribers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great system that can be used in any company regardless of its size, it is very effective and simple to use and its price is acceptable compared to other similar systems.

It has helped me to add more subscribers and customers and our company is becoming more known thanks to constant contact.

Constant Contact review by Alex L.
Alex L.

"Not likely to recommend for people like me"

What do you like best?

It is easy to set up and use. You can send some basic style emails which is good for small business or if your business is selling a service. They do have an intergration with link shopify product data into the emails which is a plus. They have an intergation with eventbrite which is pretty useful for sending out and colllecting payments for several events that we hold.

What do you dislike?

Lack of complete automation and customization. The templates are very basic and outdated. Not too many intergrations. For some reasons mailchimps seems to be more intergrated with other apps than constant contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want more of a workflow automation then you should look somewhere else.

The analytic reports within constant contact are not super awesome but it does do its job. The beneifts that we reliazed is the reportting data that help us make inform desciciosn on how to structure our marketing plan

Constant Contact review by Alicia C.
Alicia C.

"Easy to Navigate and Beautiful Designs!"

What do you like best?

We love the themes and design options that are available and the ease of navigation when adding contacts, creating emails and searching for content. We've used other emailing platforms and given the user-friendly interface and clean, simple designs, Constant Contact is our favorite.

What do you dislike?

Members that sign up will often see their first email end up in spam, so much so that we notify them that this is initially the case. We also wish there were script fonts available for use that can be utilized without coding. We know this is an issue with most email platforms, but it would be fantastic to have more versatility in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure when you sign users up, you have specific categories assigned to them

We've seen exceptional open rates and results for the business given the professional look that the emails display. We are also very pleased with the insights we are able to gather from our email marketing. Businesses continue to comment on the value they feel they get through these emails.

Constant Contact review by Douglas S.
Douglas S.

"Constant Contact is a great resource for the nonprofit community"

What do you like best?

At our nonprofit, we use Constant Contact to reach out to our members multiple times a day. It's affordable and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Campaign reporting only goes back to the last 500 campaigns. When we do annual reports, we need numbers for back to the beginning of the year, and 500 campaigns is not enough. We have to export campaign reports once a quarter to make sure we have enough records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When we recommend Constant Contact to other organizations, we also recommend exporting reports on a frequent basis. Exporting to an Excel spreadsheet makes it easier to view the data and create more detailed reports.

We send out twice daily newsletters on disability-related news. Constant Contact allows us to easily track who opens which newsletters, which allows us to see how well we are doing at serving our members. The list segmentation feature is very useful as well. We can segment users by which links they click, automatically assigning them to lists according to their location, interests, and other details.

Constant Contact review by Luis R.
Luis R.

"Create effective Email Marketing campaigns with Constant Contact.!"

What do you like best?

Constant contact is a system for sending mass emails that is very stable, efficient and easy to use, it is also economical if we compare it with other similar systems.

It is an online system, and we can use it from anywhere with an internet connection without installing additional software, its interface is very intuitive and allows users without experience to easily adapt to the work environment.

What I like about this system is that the plans they offer conform to our contact list without restricting the number of shipments or campaigns we make, that is, we have unlimited emails.

Create our campaigns is very simple, the system has templates with very good designs that we can easily customize and adapt, we can also segment our contact lists in a simple way and send to specific lists, another feature that I like is that we can perform an analysis of each campaign that we carry out and evaluate the percentage of clicks made, rebounds and openings and thus improve the management of the campaigns we create.

What do you dislike?

If we remove contacts from our lists, we will not be able to reload them in the system, that is, they will be deleted permanently and this can be a problem if we delete contacts by mistake.

I think they should improve the campaign search filter, currently it allows us to only search for campaigns by month and year and I would like that we could also find them by the name of the campaign, that would make searches easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very efficient and very easy to use system and it adapts to any type of business, and if used properly will help to increase sales and get new customers.

It has helped me to publicize the company in which I work and the services we offer, and it has allowed me to reach more and more customers making our sales improve.

Constant Contact review by John N.
John N.

"Thanks to Constant Contac now I am an expert in email marketing"

What do you like best?

Constant Contac allows me to load, segment my list of contacts without much effort and without the need to know programming, allows to create very professional emails and involve my clients to have sense of relevance with our company, the updates are in real time, I can edit, undo and much more with just drag and drop, is a very powerful software that helps me to master this medium of contact very used around the world

What do you dislike?

I have done tests when I receive an email and I notice that the template does not adapt to my mobile device in some occasions, although I must confess that I do not know what it is because at other times if it adapts, that has me a bit unhappy because it does not I have found the solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Constant Contac because it will make your email messages reach the tray of your contacts and can be visualized that message, do not forget to use the free trial and master the interface before any investment or payment

I'm looking for a way to not be so invasive with my contacts, since before I contacted them very often by phone call and most of them are always busy when I make contact, in that sense I looked for the way to communicate via email but I fell mails to junk mail tray. Then I started researching these types of software and started using Constant Contac, which gives me the advantage that now I can send mass emails without getting spam

Constant Contact review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"User friendly e-newsletter service"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is very user friendly, and there are a lot of design and layout options to choose from. Easy to use creative freedom. Everyone I've sent emails to says they like getting them. I look forward to playing around a little more within Constant Contact to see what else is available to me. I have co-workers that have worked in it before to create graphics to email out to people and they tell me they also like that process.

What do you dislike?

I only use it for the e-newsletter capabilities so I'm not super familiar for what else it offers, but I tend to realize that for me, keeping up with the contact lists can be difficult. I have also noticed sometimes if I want to design it a certain way, it won't let me put certain things where I need them to go. I've also had to fix some clickable images for links that probably took me longer than it should have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly suggest this program as it offers a lot more than just email marketing.

I'm getting to do something creative for me and my agency by creating newsletters in Constant Contact. It gives a personal touch. I've heard that people enjoy getting the e-newsletters I create, and I get emails from people asking to be on our email list. This gets the word out of our agency to more people that otherwise wouldn't have known about us!

Constant Contact review by Cath J.
Cath J.

"Great for keeping leads warm"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of constant contact. They offer just as much as I need to create a quick email campaign with only analytics that I care about. It's not super complicated with a million options I need to fill in, I create some templates and edit them depending on my campaign, super easy to segment lists or upload new contacts, a/b testing...everything I need.

What do you dislike?

Not super customizable, not really any options for special coding but it's a saas that is more on a good beginning level. They do have options for you to customize with their help, and they will create templates etc. For you with their time and help which is fine with me. Seems like the mobile platform needs a little help but that's all I've noticed so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this if you want to save money and be able to create a quick, repeatable email marketing process.

Saving money while still having a professional platform to store leads, track history, leave notes, send reminders...we can have many successful campaigns going on at once. Our main benefit is not having to pay so much money to store over 5k contacts. List segmentation is perfect and email campaigns don't get so overly complicated with constant contact. It saves me tons of time.

Constant Contact review by Adam D.
Adam D.

"Easy Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact makes it easy to build and deploy professional-looking email campaigns. We use it to send emails for our e-commerce site. I'm the only one who has time to promote this, so it's up to me to create the email campaigns. I'm by no means a designer, but Constant Contact makes it easy for me to design nice looking emails that actually drive results.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact offers two awesome features: Subject line A/B testing and resending to non-openers. However, you can only select one option or the other for an email campaign. It would be great if both could be selected. However, I understand that they probably have their reasons for making it the way it is; I just haven't looked into it enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If possible, I would recommend using the resend to non-openers feature. It has significantly improved the open and click rates of every campaign I've been able to use it on.

We're actually able to market our supplies business to our customers without taking up the time of our graphic designer. Beforehand, we did not have the resources to create these campaigns because our designer was too inundated with other tasks. Because of Constant Contact, I'm able to create these campaigns on my own, and they have actually worked in driving revenue.

Constant Contact review by Samuel J.
Samuel J.

"An affordable system that can do the job"

What do you like best?

Constant Contacts provides a nice variety of features that integrates with each other (like events and e-mails), and also allows for some integration with other tools like Wordpress. If you are a beginner it will be easy to use if you stick to your templates.

They try to add more features that experts have been talking about for 5 years now.

The list management features works well and you have plenty of space to store your images and db.

What do you dislike?

The various and fun features are not all all the same. They seem to invest in e-mails (which is fine), but some other features are really outdated and still use the old interface.

There is a lack of flexibility around what you can do, and it has been amplified by the new user interface that does not allow you to see the original HTML code.

It can be a real pain if you copy paste stuff from any other place instead of typing it will mess up with the code and there will be trouble down the line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to try it before buying if possible. Also, make sure to double check the features that could be in your opinion "given" so you don't have a surprise later on when you try to do X or Y, but can only do Z.

Planning events using the event features, doing surveys with the survey feature, and obviously a lot of e-mails to different audience: partners, clients, prospects, etc.

Constant Contact review by Ryan K.
Ryan K.

"Very robust"

What do you like best?

The people at Constant Contact send out helpful emails to keep you up to date on features and what's trending. Very helpful as a reminder to create something new and fun to send out. Easy to export lists to build contact lists on other platforms or for use in paid advertising. Easy to add a sign up button to Facebook and websites too as there are many plugins that offer support for this platform since it's so popular.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is the big dog in the email game right now. I have tried the cheaper solutions too and they do some things well, however they do not offer everything in one place like Constant Contact does. If you feel it's too expensive, you're probably not using it effectively or maybe just not often enough.

We reach out to contacts that we make at trade shows and expos. This software is helpful for sharing our blogs posts and other holiday greetings.

Constant Contact review by Mariana S.
Mariana S.

"The best to do Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to create very attractive and functional emails, in addition they can be programmed very easily. It is very convenient to place functionalities without having to enter html code. The reports and statistics are very complete.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive, the truth is something that bothers me a lot because although it is a very robust platform, the price of Constant Contact is far above its competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this platform, it is the most complete in the market and it is very easy to use. I love how easy it is to create and manage contact lists, including importing from text or csv files.

It is a very useful tool for all types of business, since Constant Contact allows you to create campaigns very quickly and without complications, it also allows you to track incorrect email addresses and automatically deletes them.

Constant Contact review by Ben C.
Ben C.

"Simple Automated Email Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

I can easily automate emails and have them in a series when people sign up to be on the email list. It then keeps track of what links were clicked and other metrics to know open email rates. I also enjoy the customer support for the software and how they will help you with any challenge that arises during integration

What do you dislike?

You can't customize the form super well as it only offers a description box and some other basic fields and also a list that individuals can elect to be added on. Other than that there realy isn't another con I can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple basic email marketing solution at a good price

Simplified Automated email lists for leads we get through Facebook Ads. It has kept leads engaged to the product they are interested in. Some of the design features aren't as advaced as I'd like thme to be too

Constant Contact review by Rebecca L.
Rebecca L.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I use Constant Contact to create newsletters that I can distribute to my entire staff of 60+ employees twice a month as well as to send out updates/ announcements to our client base. I like that I'm able to upload our client list into Constant Contact automatically. I like how you can organize the contacts and using the 'build your own' feature to create the templates.

What do you dislike?

I have been having trouble lately with the survey/poll feature of the templates. Whenever I create a survey or poll, sometimes the new one that I make doesn't get saved so the previous survey that I made gets put into my new newsletter. It was frustrating to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally have used MailChimp before so using Constant Contact was an easy transition - the features are similar (although I feel that Constant Contact is an 'older' software; MailChimp is more 'young' and 'hip'). It was easy to learn how to use, and has many cool features that you'll want to play around with to find the right usage for your company.

Constant Contact helps me to communicate to my entire staff of 60+ employees through a newsletter. It's great to use for staying in touch and keeping our community updated, as well as on the same page.

Constant Contact review by Robbin L.
Robbin L.

"Making small potatoes look like a big tasty russet"

What do you like best?

Constant contact is easy for the technically challenged. Great way to get started in the world of marketing. Beautiful, easy to use templates and great customer service. You can make a start-up look like a seasoned professional! I have used this for several years and it just keeps getting better. I especially like the addition of mobile templates.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there will be a glitch that knocks me off and I have to get back in. I wish there were not so many additional charges for Mobile site, events and library.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to step into the world of marketing if you are a beginner. Very easy.

We are a small non-profit with limited resources and no paid staff. Yet, I just had another non-profit compliment us by saying they hoped they could someday afford the slick ads we run. I also had someone with advertising and marketing experience tell me she really like the way we market ourselves. I have ZERO professional experience! We really like registration software for events. Easy to share everything on Facebook and other social media sites.

Constant Contact review by Samuel J.
Samuel J.

"Tool for basic e-mail marketing"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about CC are the various types of campaigns or activities you can create and manage (events, e-mail campaigns, surveys etc.).

The support folks are also helpful when you have a question or issue.

I think the value for the price probably makes sense.

What do you dislike?

Lack of flexibility with the design tools, especially with the new user interface (you can't edit in HTML anymore).

"Improvements" made in one area will not necessarily reflect into another. E.g. better interface in e-mail campaign, but if you create an event, it's still the old look and feel.

The statistics could be better presented and more detailed.

Easier tools to test campaigns (A/B testing statistics, time of the day, day of the week)

The E-mail builder in WYSIWYG is a bit unstable and copy/pasting stuff from other program will mess with the design. In the earlier version it was possible to access the HTML editor, but with the new UI, we can't and I think it was great a advantage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to go with this, please know that when building an e-mail campaign you should type the text directly in Constant Contact of copy/paste from a text editor such as Word pad. Copy/pasting from anywhere else will mess with the HTML behind the editor and you won't understand why because you don't have access to it in the most recent updates.

Leads and prospects nurturing

Keep in touch with business partners

Communications with customers

Constant Contact review by Josef C.
Josef C.

"Heroic Bulk Emailer"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is the leader in the spam-safe bulk email market for a reason. Their product is solidly positioned insofar as they provide plenty of elegant, usable templates, their Contact management is spot-on, and they make getting campaigns out the door dead-easy.

What do you dislike?

I wish their free-level product was more competitive to MailChimp. As a web developer steering reluctant clients to mass-mail services for the first time, I face a lot of resistance from business owners who opt for the MailChimp free option over Constant Contact, even though CTCT offers tighter integrations on the backend that would make it easier for me to integrate in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact offers lots of integrations with a wide variety of other software packages ... so many, in fact, that it is possible to choose the wrong integration provider. Make sure you do your homework on any third-party service offering to integrate your Constant Contact mailing lists with user/account data from another vendor. Responsive customer support is key in ironing out integration wrinkles.

I have integrated CTCT with ConnectWise Manage to allow our company to send out timely mass-emails for customer alerts and announcements with minimal effort.

Constant Contact review by Eryn M.
Eryn M.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact makes it easy to message our clients, regardless of the audience. It's easy to segment and even do A/B testing. You can use their templates or create your own easily. We have an in-house design team, so we typically create our own artwork, but I've also used their pre-built templates and been pleased. I also like the tracking functionality. It makes it easy to see our open and click-through rate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you just want to send an email to one person, but you have to go through the process to add them to a list, making the task much longer than you'd like. Other than that, I find it to be a very good product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, but I recommend reviewing all email marketing options. They all have their pros and cons, though Constant Contact is quite good.

Constant Contact allows us to manage RSVPs through its easy response.

Constant Contact review by Oleanny M.
Oleanny M.

"It is perfect to promote a product or service through email."

What do you like best?

It is a widely recognized service worldwide, so the emails that are sent are legitimate and do not reach the spam folder. It has an excellent customer service and has solved all the problems I have presented. It has multiple options to import contacts and has a great variety of templates that are very easy to configure.

What do you dislike?

The only counter that I see to this software is its high price with respect to its competitors in the market but in return they offer 60 days of free trial. But it is really worth paying for this software given the large number of benefits it offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have had very good experiences with this software. It is very easy to create email marketing campaigns to promote products and services. Despite its high price, it pays to pay for this excellent platform. The technical support could not be better.

In my company we are dedicated to the realization of web pages, web-based information systems, sales of electronic items and tourism. Constant Contact has been essential when promoting our products and services, obtaining great results in the flow of customers and sales gains. The results obtained have been very satisfactory. I really recommend it.

Constant Contact review by WVU F.
WVU F.

"Simple, but could be improved "

What do you like best?

I like that in Constant Contact it's easy to find campaigns and you can add a lot of content without it feeling like it's overwhelmed. The overall format of the software itself is navigable, which means that I can see what I want to do without having to jump through a bunch of online hoops to find my next step. Everything is out in the open making work related projects much easier and more efficient in terms of how my time is used.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how when you copy and paste some of the formatting never works properly. For example when you copy and paste something from Word, it does not translate well in the campaign section. This makes it much harder for me to spend less time in the software (which is what I ultimately want - to save time doing more of my own job).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is a good starting place. It's the only one I have ever using consistently, so I would recommend it for beginners who need email serves.

We are solving email chain and newsletter issues by using Constant Contact. We have realized that by sending out a newsletter through Constant Contact, we can reach more people's needs than in just one email for each event we host at the Chamber of Commerce. It becomes easier to get information out in a quicker, more efficient process. Although the Chamber of Commerce is not a business, we are always looking to improve our methods and practices, and Constant Contact has helped organize our emails list serves in that way.

Constant Contact review by Taylor S.
Taylor S.

"Good email automation platform"

What do you like best?

I like that constant contact makes it easy to send emails and schedule them. They have basic layouts for you if you don't have a graphic designer, or you can input your own email designs and go from there. Plus, scheduling them is super easy as well.

What do you dislike?

We make our own email templates and turn them into images to input into the email. However, whenever we do that we have to compress it a bit so the picture isn't as clear of a quality as we would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant contact lets you list contacts under several lists. I like that because all our lists are very segmented. However, sometimes a contact is covered under two lists so we can contact them regarding both.

Brand recognition. Constant contact helps us keep up our recognition. We have been able to consistently hit different target markets using email so we don't overload on specific market.

Constant Contact review by June J.
June J.

"Constantly Promote your brand with Constant Contact"

What do you like best?

The name says it best. Constant Contact facilitates you constantly promoting your brand with contact with your current and prospective clients. As a consultant, the metrics and reports allow us to show our clients the success of their email campaigns and how they can improve processes.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any dislikes with the software now that I am familiar with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is one of the keys to success for your business. If you are looking to stay in contact with your clients with a professional image, Constant Contact is your go-to tool. If you are not the creative type, their templates provide the marketing department for your business. For organizations, the ability to send out email blasts to your members is great. You are able to monitor your member engagement and follow-up if necessary. It's great watching who opens your email, how quickly they open the document, and determine the best way to engage your members via mobile/desktop. As a consultant, I am able to recommend strategies for my clients based on how their members engage.

Brand recognition - the ability to present a professional message to my customer base. The benefit is that it keeps our name top of mind with our customers.

Constant Contact review by John L.
John L.

"Great Email Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

Constant contact is great for creating email campaigns. You can setup dates and times to send the emails to your contacts. Another nice feature is you can sort your contacts into categories. This was extremely helpful for sending internal emails for events and having a list of contacts sorted specifically for that reason.

What do you dislike?

The price. At $40/month constant contact is an expense that some small businesses may not be able to pay when there are alternative free options. Also, the templates were very generic and rarely updated. I fee like at that price point their template library should have been much larger.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have it in your budget, definitely try it out if you’re looking for email marketing campaigns.

We were able to reach all of our customers as well as separately email our 60 internal employees.

Constant Contact review by Sonia Del Valle U.
Sonia Del Valle U.

"Great system to send email marketing campaigns ..!"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is great, this system allows us to create very effective email marketing campaigns to increase sales and reach many potential customers.

Its interface is very nice and intuitive, which allows us to quickly learn to use this system. Creating a campaign is very easy because the system has a great variety of templates and we can choose the one that best suits our idea and edit it easily.

I like the simplicity with which we can segment our contacts, constant constact allows us to create different lists of contacts that we can easily select for sending email marketing campaigns.

We can incorporate different files, images, audios, videos and animations to our campaigns, this system allows us to upload different types of files and use them when we need it.

Constant contact has a very good reputation and is used by many companies, we can also integrate features with other systems like, wordpress, shopify, facebook, google among others ..!

Constant contact also allows us to perform analyzes on our sent campaigns and verify the percentages of clicks made, bounces, openings etc. this helps us to constantly improve our shipping strategy.

What do you dislike?

This system is great and I do not have much to say against, I just wish they could improve the search filter of email campaigns made previously, and include a search field that allows you to find campaigns related to the phrase name included in that field of search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very effective tool to promote any type of product, company, project or idea. The investment will depend on our number of contacts, which is why I believe it is suitable for small, medium and large companies.

This system has helped me to promote the company where I work, we have been able to reach many customers and increase our number of contacts and increase our sales.

Constant Contact review by Lucy D. S.
Lucy D. S.

"Excellent platform to start your email marketing campaigns."

What do you like best?

It has hundreds of customizable templates very easily. This allows you to save money on designers. You can have the option of templates with high quality photos paying an extra low price. You can create answering machines and configure your delivery depending on certain established rules. It is a widely used service verified worldwide that allows your emails do not enter the spam tray.

What do you dislike?

It has a very high price. The support for the user is a little deficient, they should improve the response time or improve the knowledge base with the most common problems of the users with their answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended this software. Despite its high price is a worthwhile tool for the simplicity of its use. Excellent.

In my opinion it is a service that every entrepreneurial company should have, since it helps to create advertising campaigns through email marketing. You can have a list of subscribers to keep them updated on the products or advances of your company. It is very useful your statistics system to see the acceptance of your customers.

Constant Contact review by Patricia T.
Patricia T.

"Excellent email marketing platform"

What do you like best?

It has incredible tools, an immense amount of high quality templates and a large storage capacity to be able to include a long list of subscribers by email. The free trial is the best because it has more than 60 days of fully functional use. You can get additional high-quality photos with $ 5 per month, a price that is too low to have a bank of images at your disposal, so it's worth paying for it. Allows you to configure the emails and schedule your output to your liking and whenever you want. You can easily import your list of emails from Excel, Gmail, Outlook, etc. The system notifies you of user cancellations and emails that are invalid.

What do you dislike?

The price is expensive but its excellent system makes it worth paying for it. It has no app for mobile devices. The user interface is not very nice, it should be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love this platform. 100% recommended.

It is ideal for all medium-sized businesses that can afford the price for the service. It is a complete solution for email marketing that also has a large community of users who can provide us with any information about the use of this system.

Constant Contact review by Karina Sofia C.
Karina Sofia C.

"Great to develop emial marketing campaigns."

What do you like best?

It is one of the best systems to create email marketing campaigns, we can choose between many templates with different designs that we can edit to create our campaign with a great style.

Segmenting contacts is very easy, we can organize different lists according to our criteria and select them when we need to send the campaign.

Your multimedia manager works very well, we can have a large variety of stored images and use them in any of the campaigns that we create, we can also measure the effectiveness of each shipment we make since the system has metrics that help analyze the results, we can see the percentages of opening, clicks and rebounds.

What do you dislike?

I like this system a lot, maybe it's a bit expensive, but I think it's worth the investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for any company, it is easy to use and excellent to promote products, services and companies in general through email marketing.

Constant Contact has helped my company to make sales and reach much more customers, it is an excellent tool for any type of company, regardless of its size.

Constant Contact review by Karen C.
Karen C.

"Great for sending mass marketing emails"

What do you like best?

I love that constant contact has read made templates for so many different themes and events. I can always find something that matches what I need even if I have to make a few changes to it. It is easy to work and all of my contacts are stored and readily available to email. i love that it lets me track who has opened the email and clicked through to links.

What do you dislike?

On many different occasions, I've entered email addresses and they haven't saved. That has caused quite a headache and lots of wasted time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Import contacts from an Excel file instead of entering email addresses individually.

Constant Contact makes it incredibly easy to email everyone in my database to let them know about different events and registrations.

Constant Contact review by Judy W.
Judy W.

"Constant Contact is a must have for email marketing "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Constant Contact has both web and mobile platforms.

Constant Contact is readily available 24/7.

Constant Contact has a highly responsive customer support.

I like that Constant Contact has a vast array of features for both email marketing as well as email template builder.

What do you dislike?

Only that failure to upgrade on time after 60 days trial can lead to loss of data.

Lack of data interoperability features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To integrate it with Microsoft Outlook to make it easy to sync folders containing customer info.

Proofing and logistics analytics.

Constant Contact make it easy to send automated email responses to clients who sign up to our newsletter.

Constant Contact enables me to manage email lists.

I send high-volume of emails to clients available on Zoho CRM.

Constant Contact review by Joel M.
Joel M.

"Constant Contact Has Made Some Major Improvements"

What do you like best?

I really like their event registration integration. I think that it is a good system for keeping all of your contacts that register for an event organize. I appreciate that you can edit the individual registrations within constant contact rather than having to export to a spreadsheet.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like their email builder. They have definitely made some major improvements however I still think it needs improvement when it comes to dropping in files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it, we switched to mailchimp at one point because of their email layouts and ease of use. However, with Constant Contact's new changes they have kept up with mailchimp. I think they have a more professional feel than Mailchimp.

We are solving our communication to both our congregation members as well as those that register for our sports events.

Constant Contact review by Kyle W.
Kyle W.

"Happy Customer"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to create and upload contacts for an email blast with simple widgets that can be customized more if need be. Very simple to add a list of contacts and customize into different groups. Also like how they have an agency plan which helps deal with multiple clients in one account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it's complicated to export into HTML template. Maybe it's possible? I just don't know how?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at all of the CRM services before deciding. Each offers a little bit of variation in what features they are best at as well as pricing scales. Constant Contact seems to be the best for a business situation and in my case - Commercial Real Estate.

We are able to reach all of our customers through an email blast. It creates an endless opportunity of leads and helps to stay in front of clients with a limited window of time.

Constant Contact review by Allie P.
Allie P.

"Excellent Customer Service & Easy Format"

What do you like best?

I like that I can design an entire email layout with simply tools and in a quick time frame. I like being able to schedule posts to go out and to have the emails automatically resend if the person does not open it after a period of time. I like the media and link storage available as well so I don't have to re-enter or upload items repeatedly.

What do you dislike?

I would like some improvements on the reporting side, but that's just out of pure laziness on my part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the support team; they have helped me come up with solutions to issues regarding layout aesthetic I've wanted to achieve along with functionality.

We send out weekly emails to our clients about travel deals to promote a variety of products. We also notify clients of changes within the company and of special events rsvp tracking.

Constant Contact review by Enio G.
Enio G.

"Ideal to automate your email marketing campaigns"

What do you like best?

It has hundreds of templates to not waste time when doing your campaign, there are of all topics. It allows to store a long list of subscribers and its use is really simple. The dashboard is extremely simple and functional, no unnecessary buttons that occupy so much space. It is very customizable especially if you have knowledge of HTML. It has an excellent systems of statistics and reports in real time.

What do you dislike?

It lacks an android application, and in my opinion it's a big counter since not all the time I'm in the office and I need to do email campaigns at any time, so an android app would be great. The price is really high compared to its competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contant Contact is a great way to stay in touch with your subscribers. Its email marketing platform offers an excellent interface, hundreds of high-quality templates and a learning center with many resources. It's so easy that you do not have to be reading extensive guides or watching long tutorials, the interface is very intuitive that you will master from the beginning. Constant Contact is an excellent option if you have a company dedicated to digital marketing or if you own a large products and subscribers store.

My company is focused on digital marketing, we provide online advertising and marketing services and Contact Constant is the perfect tool for us. The statistics allow us to know how is the acceptance by our subscribers and helps us make business decisions correctly and efficiently.

Constant Contact review by Andrew T.
Andrew T.

"Constant Contact Email Blasts"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating an email blast with simple widgets that can be customized more if need be. Also very strait forward on how to add contacts, and lists of contacts to the database. I like how they have an agency plan which helps deal with multiple clients in one account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the entire email blasts cannot be exported to HTML from a simple in menu command.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at all of the email vendors around before deciding. Each offers a little bit of variation in what features they are best at. Constant Contact seems to be the best for a business situation. They do a great job with working with advertising agencies that may have many clients all in one Constant Contact account.

We are able to reach all of our customers through an email blast. Once a month we create a unique blog on our website and send an email blast replicating the blog to our database.

Constant Contact review by Eisha M. C.
Eisha M. C.

"Works well!"

What do you like best?

I really like being able to monitor how many people are opening our e-mails and then how many people are also clicking through our e-mails. It helps us figure out what types of e-mails are most effective and what we keep doing in the future to make sure that we are reaching all of our tenants.

What do you dislike?

I really just wish it was harder for people to unsubscribe from our e-mails. I get that there is probably a law behind how they do it, but a lot of our tenants don't realize that this is how we send out most of our information and they end up missing out on some important stuff.

We are figuring out where our time can be well spent versus where we are wasting time. A lot of our promos just don't even get opened, so we have to find ways to reach them. It is really helpful to look back and see how many people actually read the e-mails we sent.

Constant Contact review by Jenna B.
Jenna B.

"Gets the Job Done for the Everyday Marketer"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is easy to use, especially once you build templates into the site. You are ready to go as soon as you login. It's very exciting that you can also manage event responses right in the system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the emails add extra line breaks unnecessarily. Also, the emails sometimes preview much different than they look in the editor. The fix is that you get a grasp on some general HTML coding so you can fix the issues as they arise but that may not be an acceptable answer for the everyday marketer who doesn't know code nor wants to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the WYSIWYG editor

We are reaching our team members internally much more often, improving communication throughout our large organization. Overall communication improvement lends itself to overall culture improvement.

Constant Contact review by Kirsten J.
Kirsten J.

"It does what we need it to, though not the most intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like the contact importing and the organization of campaigns and lists. It makes it much easier when we need to send messages quickly or have campaigns that reoccur often

What do you dislike?

The actual crafting of the email is not as smooth as I would like it to be. It takes longer to put together and design the email, especially if our need does not fit to a template

Recommendations to others considering the product

Throughout the time I have used constant contact it has continued to get better and I believe is on track to be an incredible business tool

We have a huge email list that would be worthless if we did have constant contact to take advantage of it and help us communicate with current and potential customers. The reports are also crucial to monitoring how successful our spending on email campaigns or similar promotions are.

Constant Contact review by Randy L.
Randy L.

"Constantly contacting CONSTANT CONTACT!"

What do you like best?

I like the creation section where I can make my own newsletters. I like I can see who has opened anything, when, how many times and if they do not open anything.

What do you dislike?

I guess I would also like a text feature that goes out the same thime as the email. Maybe even something saying to check your emasil

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a double optin feature and I truly beieve they help me stay off the spam list. They also have leads and I may need to buy some in the very near future.

I was on a server that was being used by a bunch of people. The owner was actually spamming the heck out of people. Anytime I would send an email, they would have to go to junk or spam to find it.I wanted something different.

Constant Contact review by Genevieve F.
Genevieve F.

"Appreciate the ease, but the deliverability is lower than expected"

What do you like best?

Constant contact is so easy to use. When needed, we use Constant Contact for email campaigns as well as event marketing and registration. It's very useful and easy to navigate. I appreciate the customer service as well.

What do you dislike?

Deliverability rates are a bit lower than the other platforms we've used. We work with high-security servers, and our emails sometimes get flagged or sent to spam.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate what is the most important thing to your company. If ease of use and customer support are the most important, Constant Contact will be a great choice.

Constant Contact is great for quickly and efficiently creating events. We often will be approached to create an educational activity, and we rely on Constant Contact for registration and event marketing.

Constant Contact review by Ashley G.
Ashley G.

"Fantastic customer service!"

What do you like best?

I had a concern regarding my organization's Constant Contact subscription. As a nonprofit, it is difficult to find time to contact all of the different vendors and providers we use. But not Constant Contact, I got in touch with a real person quickly and she efficiently helped resolve my questions and concerns. On top of everything, she was friendly, pleasant, and seemed like she truly enjoyed her job and helping customers. A rare quality!

What do you dislike?

There was really nothing I disliked about Constant Contact.

Constant Contact makes it easy to provide monthly newsletters to our donors and keep them up to date with what is going on at our organization and associated facility. Very user-friendly and TONS of options make me want to stay with Constant Contact.

Constant Contact review by Andrea C.
Andrea C.

"Constant Contact, the One-Stop Solution for Local Business & Brands"

What do you like best?

I like that I can add events, polls, coupons, and "text to join" our marketing campaigns. I also like the social media integration and widget for the website (event calendar for example.) The customer support is the best feature, by email, chat and you can even get a live person by phone! Also, you are assigned a Success Manager to help get you started with the best package, your first campaign as well as a customized templat to match the look and feel of yoru brand. There are also tons of articles and video tutorials to walk you through every task on the platform.

What do you dislike?

$45 per month is not always an easy sell for clients with 500 contacts or less. Also, CC only allows for one Welcome Email, I would like a different one for each list if I choose. I would also like the Constant Contact branding to be more subtle on campaigns - their logo is prominent at the bottom of email campaigns for example..I would also like more control of header graphic on campaigns and sign up forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time in the vast library of tutorials and help videos. This will ease the learning curve for using a new system.

Maintaining and building relationships with subscribers. Staying relevant and top-of-, mind. Helping clients do the same. The landing pages have been a good feature for clients who choose to have a "brochure, informational only" style website. Also, the various lead capture options are effective - popup box can be timed or pop up on visitor exit. Of course, they have the traditional sign up box.

Constant Contact review by Matt R.
Matt R.

"Constant Contact provides a robust email marketing solution"

What do you like best?

Contant Contact has been a great solution for our organization. It provides us with a tremendous amount of customization options.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that has ever disappointed me with Constant Contact is how their pricing changes midway though an annual prepaid contract. There is no price protection. When you prepay for a year I feel you should honor that commitment through the end of the term.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pricing changes mid-year even if you prepaid for the year. Beware that just because you paid for 12 months does not mean that you are going to get 12 months on your contract.

We have had very good success using Constant Contact in our email marketing efforts. It has helped us out tremendously in the distribution of our quarterly newsletters.

Learn more about Constant Contact

Constant Contact Videos

Learning about Constant Contact?

* We monitor all Constant Contact reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.9