Planning Center People

Church membership management

Work for Planning Center People?

Learning about Planning?

Compare Planning Center People to Similar Solutions

Planning Center People Reviews

Showing 24 Planning reviews
Administrator in Religious Institutions
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Planning Center People
Miranda M.

"I'm learning so much with Planning Center People!"

What do you like best?

I love that thru Planning Center People you can keep track of what each member in your church is doing throughout the church. Like, you can keep track of attendance, forms filled out, communication, etc. It's great for reports and I'm learning all new things about the forms and work flows that makes life so easy as far as volunteers and members of your church!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that on forms on Planning Center People if you make someone a manager on a certain form then they can see alllll the forms. I'd rather it be like Planning Center Registrations where when you make someone a manager of a certain event, they can only see that specific event. Because, right now I have people who I only want to see and manage a certain form - they're able to see and edit them all if I add them as a manager to one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want ease in keeping track of different people coming thru your organization, Planning Center People is the way to go. 110%. Now that we are learning and working thru this software, we'll never go back to anything else.

Oh the benefits are endless!! I can now run reports I couldn't before. I can follow up with first time guests. I can add other people in my organization to work flows, so that helps me to delegate tasks rather than doing them all myself. It's wonderful!

What Church Management solution do you use?

Winford M.

"Not Perfect But Worth It"

What do you like best?

It's Free! We also like that it's easy to use: profiles, lists, and workflows are all extremely helpful and easy to use. It's great for sending mass emails, and the profiles work with the other PCO apps.

What do you dislike?

I hate that the company takes little consideration into the feedback for features. There are a lot of crosstalk features missing (looking up people in other apps isn't the same as looking up names in

People, so duplicate profiles are often made because there is a delusion that the person is not in People). Also some of their features like forms is too generic. We have gone back to using Google Forms simply because it's more complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the leading brand, but there are a lot of improvements that need to be made. I hope they don't fall behind as FellowshipOne has.

We are using People for our directory database, to communicate to individuals within our church organization, and to keep track of the demographic (age wise).

David A.

"Switching to PCO People was the best decision we have made!"

What do you like best?

Constant updates and improvements. The PCO team is always making changes for the better to the software. No annual contract so unlike other ChMS solutions out there it feels like PCO is working every month to keep customers!

What do you dislike?

There is almost nothing that I dislike about PCO people. Sometimes they roll out a new feature and you wish for it to do more or have more flexibility. Instead of waiting years to roll out something fully completed, they roll out a great feature and then improve and iterate customer feedback. Not a negative but can prove challenging as the software is always evolving and changing!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out! You’ve got nothing to lose - People is free and all the other apps integrate really well.

Tracking our people and their involvement at our church. Planning Center has opened up our data to our entire team, not just the tech/data people.

"Worship Service Planning Made Simple"

What do you like best?

The ability for multiple users to add information. Also being able to add songs which will can be imported from the CCLI database. This allows singers to put the correct version of the song, even customize the songs by putting the correct order of verses, chorus, bridge and other song parts.

Users can also add when they are available or not available so he/she is not included in a particular service. You can plan as far ahead as you want. You can create several worship service kinds and templates.

You can also directly import this information into many worship presentation softwares like ProPresenter, Faithlife Proclaim.

The users are also able to leave notes to each participant of what to do for their part.

What do you dislike?

They are a growing platform which includes People, Registrations, Check-ins, and others. This can be a bit confusing when wanting to look for directly for a person’s info and the role they play in Planning Center.

Wish there was a direct way to go to a specific worship service in the past instead of clicking the “back” arrow until you find it.

The headers don’t allow you to add a description or extra information to explain what this part is for (each item does allow for extra descriptions).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you find yourself doing last minute bulletins because people are not giving you information in a timely mannner Planning Center can help. PCO helps you not have to go back and forth with endless emails. Instead you have one central location where all people involved have a part to play in the worship planning and can see in advance what is expected and required. You can also send a quick email to everybody who is part of the worship service to remind them of their parts.

Delegating the responsibility to several people instead of expecting one person to wait on everybody else to give them the information. This allows the music director to insert the music ahead of time. No need for the preacher to bring in a flash drive the day of the service. Instead the presentation can uploaded in Planning Center and there for the computer person to download onto the computer.

You can save time and avoid the endless emails going back and forth about who’s doing what and when and so forth.

Amanda W.

"Planning Center is an incredible web based application that aids in organizing your worship services"

What do you like best?

I like that everything my team needs for our services can be found in one place. MP3's, chord charts, other media and even links to outside sources such as YouTube are all stored in one place.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the learning curve that is presented to users by the constant tweaks made to Planning Center. They take our opinions and suggestions very seriously and respond quickly by providing updates, but this can make learning the ins and outs of Planning Center difficult for new team members.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Planning Center to everyone looking for a way to organize their church services, volunteers and the resources needed for those volunteers to complete their tasks necessary to the success of your service. It has revolutionized how we do ministry.

We have solved a communications problem and a storage problem by using Planning Center. Because Planning Center allows for you to manage your teams and resources as well as your services the need for other programs has been eliminated.

"Planning Center People - Fantastic Church Database"

What do you like best?

PCO People is extremely user-friendly. It is very organized and can be customized. The actual layout is pleasing to the eye. The customer support is phenomenal. Workflows are fantastic for keeping track of people in all steps of various processes. The integration with mailChimp is wonderful for mass emails.

What do you dislike?

Running reports could be easier. Making lists with certain criteria is great, but it often limits you, causing it to be difficult to get exactly what you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider this! It is great for everyone in that it is user-friendly and comprehensive in its ability to keep track of information. There are constant improvements and great technical support.

PCO People organizes our church database of people, allowing us to keep track of everyone. It helps with both regular attendees and volunteer organization.

David J.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Planning Center People is easy to use and helpful for keeping track of people in your church. It's easy to update contact information or change someone from a visitor to a regular attender. You can make your own custom lists (like High School Boys for example) and those lists can be set to automatically refresh every day. It so easy to manage we have volunteers do it all for our church. You can also get an app for your phone so you can look people up on the go if you need to find contact info for someone.

What do you dislike?

Making lists is really helpful and PC People has a bunch you can make easily. However, their process for making a custom list is not very intuitive and can be difficult to create the list you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We love PC People! It's been super helpful to everyone in our church. I highly recommend Planning Center People to anyone who manages a database for churches.

It is easy to keep track of everyone who is involved in your church. PC People organizes your database and makes contacting people or finding the right people easy.

"We use Planning Center People to organize the people we have in Planning Center."

What do you like best?

I guess I like the ability to search for a person and also the way you can add households together. It's fairly simple to learn. They also provide plenty of documentation to learn how to use it.

What do you dislike?

I don't think it's very user friendly. Adding a new household seems "choppier" than it should be. It seems to take several different steps to update all of the information for each individual. Reporting feature is very limited and difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As far as collecting data, Fellowship One does it better.

We have to use Planning Center People because we use Planning Center Check-Ins. I don't think this program itself has helped us solve any business problems. It also doesn't have any benefits, other than the correlation with Check-In.

"The best tool for church administrators! "

What do you like best?

Can I just say, that Planning center is the best tool for administrators. It is easy to use, organized, fast, and clean looking. It give analytics, can preform bulk actions like E-mailing to a whole group of people printing out contact info for groups, and more

What do you dislike?

I would be having to try very hard to find something negative about Planning Center People, but honestly, they offer great customer care, intuitive products, and streamline my workflow. Nothing bad to say here!

Wow, we now have a very organized database of all of our church attendees, and can make lists of people in a specific group and preform actions like emailing from PCO, or printing address labels, all at the push of a Botton!

Audrey R.

"PC People is a wonderful, easy tracking tool."

What do you like best?

Intuitive, flexible, great customer service. Planning Center also offers several other applications, for checkins, sales, service scheduling, and much more. Some applications are free for use up to a certain amount of data, and all of them are incredibly cost effective. Importing data from previous systems was a SNAP! Easiest transition I've ever done! Also, if you have a suggestion for a product improvement, Planning Center staff will take your suggestion and evaluate whether it would benefit the majority of their clients. If it will, they often implement it. Improvements to the software are constantly being made, and can be tracked on PC's blogs and social media sites. Upgrades are instant, as the service is completely cloud-based, and cost nothing.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a strong reporting tool. You can create very simple canned reports called "Lists" but considering how much data we store across all the different modules of PC (which are all connected to the same database on the back end), I'm really surprised they don't have a simple reporting tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can set up a free account and learn how it works. Play with it - it's the best way to learn it. Or visit another church that's using it and see how they use it and what they like about it.

Tracking people and their data and managing lists for quick communication. We also plan our worship services in PC Services and schedule people for serving. The email invitations and Accept/Decline function are AWESOME. Best scheduling tool ever, even for complex teams. Single cloud-based location for all data, accessible via desktop or app, data exportable.

Christina C.

"We have a world of information easily accessible to us now that we use planning center. "

What do you like best?

I love how I can work with my volunteers and participants all from the same platform. I love being able to send emails and connect to our website. Its so easy to use and to show volunteers how to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the apps are not streamlined to easily work together, this makes it hard for leaders to engage on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk with someone who is using the product the amount of possibilities is endless. Think about what you want to do and there is a way with planning Center.

Tracking and caring for the needs of people in support groups;

Steven A.

"Great CMS for any size church"

What do you like best?

Planning Center serves as a great church management software and is even free to begin recording records for your church congregants. There are several additional apps you can pay for in order to allow online giving, event registration, small group management etc and all prices are tiered for your needs and size.

What do you dislike?

While you can pull reports from Planning Center and the apps you subscribe to, there is limited information you can customize to show in each report.

We’re able to have a main database that includes all our information for our attenders, securely and efficiently checkin children and students each week, and manage our small groups well. This has allowed our staff to minister to people more effectively.

Donna C.

"Great for tracking non-profit donations!"

What do you like best?

It removes the restrictions of a church member having to be present to make a contribution. Planning Center is easily accessible for anyone with a computer or smartphone.

What do you dislike?

If a person makes a donation in Mar and it gets kicked back in Apr, it doesn't adjust Apr. It will go back and adjust Mar.

It is a great tracking tool to get a visual of the activity in your different funds/efforts. And, it tracks those same contributions for year-end tax requirements, as well.

"Planning Center People"

What do you like best?

A great church directory service, with email integration into mail chimp, and it's free. It also interfaces with Checkr, a great background check provider, and you can keep track of all your children's ministry workers in this one platform.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to have more email formatting options without being integrated into an email service. Also, I'd like to be able to click through the stats on the Dashboard to see which specific people are in those categories.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely check it out, it's hard to find another church management tool that's this user friendly.

Church directory, communications, and lists for ministries. This helps us keep everything in one place, and it's proven to be a valuable tool.

Tim T.

"Love Planning Center People"

What do you like best?

I love that it’s free but most of all I love how it integrates with everything else and that I can purchase a la carte.

What do you dislike?

Honestly love it all. Maybe beef up some search options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can test it out for free and discover what a great tool it is.

We are able to keep an active database and have a lot of work flow options.

Matthew M.

"Great software for keeping your congregation organized"

What do you like best?

Planning Center People has helped us keep track of people in our church. We can have all of our congregants information in one place and that info can connect with the other modules within planning center.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could look up people by telephone number.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Planning Center is an organization that really understands churches and can meet most church's software needs.

It can be hard for churches to keep track of their congregations, from contact information to dates such as baptism and membership. Planning Center people has helped our church keep track of all of this.

Claire C.

"Great organization solution"

What do you like best?

Planning Center is GREAT because it connects every app you would need to use in the church.

What do you dislike?

People is a little hard to understand and keep organized especially coming into it after the organization was established.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep it organized from the beginning. It is very hard to clean up if it doesn't start in an organized fashion.

We are able to track all volunteers, attendees, registrations, and check ins in one place.

David G.

"Free People Management"

What do you like best?

Free and it unites the rest of the Planning Center suite of software solutions

What do you dislike?

Took a little bit to figure out how to use some of the more advanced features like automations

Membership management, storage of membership covenants, tracking background checks

Karen O.

"Simple Church Management Software"

What do you like best?

I like that with Planning Center People, you can create various reports within the program.

What do you dislike?

I think they should develop a better IOS and Android app so this program can be used from any device.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great program at a great price.

It is helpful to have a people management software that is online based so you can log-in from anywhere. There are also a lot of other programs that can work with Planning Center People.

Administrator in Religious Institutions

" Trial use of planning center people "

What do you like best?

Attendance tracking - The ability to keep track of who was where and when and the ability to create repeating events – for instance, once I create a Sunday morning service, I don’t have to create it again. I simply have to check but it is a weekly event. I set it and forget it.

What do you dislike?

That there are several apps for each different aspect. I would love it if they made it into just one application

Attendance

Andrew C.

"Planning Center People Streamlining"

What do you like best?

PCO People has really streamlined our ability to track and add new people at our church.

What do you dislike?

It is hard sometimes to make a list according to certain characteristics

Communication

Shelbi S.

"Planning Center People is helpful for our organization."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use best. It is simple and clean and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the process of adding a new person.

We are able to keep data on our guests, communicate via email, flag accounts.

AM

"Almost Perfect "

What do you like best?

I love the dashboards and module change interface

What do you dislike?

Communication tools - really need e-mail and text capabilities

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you research the communication tools part of the program

Searching for information is easy as well as exporting reports

Learning about Planning Center People?

* We monitor all Planning Center People reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Planning Center People to Similar Solutions