DonorPerfect

DonorPerfect

DonorPerfect is a donor management and fundraising system that allows nonprofit organizations track stewards, record gifts, and maintain contacts through a web-based user interface.

Work for DonorPerfect?

Learning about DonorPerfect?

DonorPerfect Reviews

Ask DonorPerfect a Question
Showing 193 DonorPerfect reviews
Chelsea I.

"DonorPerfect is perfect for keeping, tracking, and managing all our donor and donation records."

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect is the only tool we need to track our donor and donation records. The interface is intuitive and easy to use. The functions range from basic to very advanced. Our team is able to easily collaborate in record keeping. The most important metrics we track to keep our team on track to meet our goals are easily calculated by DonorPerfect. We also love the ability to run detailed reports to get a list of our donors who meet any set of specific parameters. Whatever you need, there is a way to do it with DonorPerfect.

What do you dislike?

The only "problem" we've had is self-teaching ourselves to use the more advanced features of DonorPerfect. As user-friendly as it is, it is a powerful tool and the more complex of its features are not easy to do without training or guidance.

We are able to track an extensive donor base over our 65+ year history with DonorPerfect. It enables us to find the right donors for the right campaigns, to track our retention, and to segment our donors to evaluate our success in different areas.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about DonorPerfect
Emily E.

"Streamlined organization system"

What do you like best?

It is easy to learn the program, enter information, and search for information added. Recurring donations were a breeze and went through without issue. It is also aesthetically appealing! Flags are the best, so you can categorize different types of donors and then run a report rather than pulling up individuals. I also loved how easy the mobile app navigation was, and that it stayed logged in rather than logging you out when your phone darkens and locks.

What do you dislike?

Each type of report must be made by the user. Then you can re-use them, but it takes time initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Determine what types of reports you need to run your business well, and then make those. Then, when you are in the midst of the busyness of work, you can just run the report and gain the needed information with little stress!

DP helped us manage our volunteers better by having a dedicated volunteer section where you can log skills, preferences, etc.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

Linda R.

"A lot of horsepower, and great user support!"

What do you like best?

Donor Perfect support is great - even though I take all the webinars I can, I don't use the software everyday and sometimes I am confounded by how to carry out a certain task. Every call I make to support is super helpful and they walk me through the steps I need to carry out my task.

What do you dislike?

We had some issues related to the data we onboarded and it is a challenge to make global changes,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has a lot to offer - even if you don't use all the features, set things up the way they tell you to! Follow theirbest practices! You may need to access information and if you put it in the wrong place, you have to start over.

We are able to build very targeted donor lists for donor stewardship - based on geography, interest (via GL codes) and donation history with the organization

Doug W.

"Easy to use, affordable, and feature packed for small non-profits"

What do you like best?

Packed with many advanced features that you usually only find with products that are in another price category. Very responsive customer service. Intuitive and easy to use. Knowledgebase / Online help resources are very good. Data transfer and initial setup was very smooth. The reporting is superb and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

So many features that it takes a little time to learn the breadth of what you can actually do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DonorPerfect is exactly what we were looking for. It's fantastic. Get it.

DonorPerfect was a cost effective solution for us to update and modernize our donor tracking software. It helped us have more accurate reporting, and be much more specific in our targeting of fundraising appeals. As a result, our the amount of funds we raise has increased. We have saved tons of time, and avoided many headaches that we used to experience with our old system.

Hillary P.

"Awesome customer service and easy to use software"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy to use the program is. Adding and editing donors profiles is very quick and simple. The live customer service representatives are very quick to respond and very helpful. I like how a gift can be made immediately and it is instantly linked with the profile. Sending tax receipts right from the website makes tax season a breeze

What do you dislike?

At times it can be tricky to figure out how to find something-like how to update codes. I also had trouble exporting my letter receipts to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolute must to keep track of fundraisers! Very easy for donors to get automatic tax receipts, and the program should be used by all non-profit organizations

Issuing tax receipts have become much easier to manage. Creating end of year reports to see who has donated was very difficult until I began using donor perfect

Ember U.

"Learning Curve, but a helpful tool for nonprofits big and small"

What do you like best?

I like being able to track donations, and maintain different campaigns, and even trainings we collect fees from. It's helpful to bridge our training department and financial staff together.

What do you dislike?

There can be a relatively steep learning curve. We've been able to be successful with the help of DonorPerfect's customer service and tech support, but you have to reach out for help.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that your staff is comfortable learning how to use new software and comfortable reaching out for help. Everything you need is available, you just have to willing to ask the customer service/tech support staff. This is a very helpful system that can streamline payment, donation, and donor management all in one. We've used it at events, for campaigns, and as a part of our regular donation strategy. This software is helpful for organizations big and small and enables multiple users for custom dashboards, home pages, and report generation for your specific needs.

DonorPerfect has helped us streamline online registration for training and fundraising events, while managing the payment aspect as well, so we don't have to direct donors to two different applications or websites to fulfill their donation/registration.

Anne M.

"Donor Perfect Is!"

What do you like best?

We’re a small development shop, aka one person.

What do you dislike?

When chat has to refer me back to knowledgebase.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think DonorPerfect is the perfect software for entering, managing, and analyzing donor data, and for projecting next steps. I speak from the perspective of a small shop, one person, and while this was new software for me, it was easy to learn, and to use. I have used three other major softwares, none as easy as this, but that is not to say it is not powerful. It is! And I think it will be as powerful for a small shop like our or a way bigger shop. The customer service is excellent, the resources readily available and very user friendly. I've been to one conference, and I'll attend another when I am ready for the next level of learning.

How to analyze current and past donors and gifts, and using that information to project next best steps, both short term and long term. I have realized that while I love data, I hate data entry. But we're a one person shop, so it all falls on my desk. DonorPerfect makes it easy to be on my own, because I never feel alone. The answers, in one form or another, are quickly and easily at my fingertips. Which is Perfect because I am at my computer a lot. However, the smarter I get re: analysis and plans, the more I'll be out meeting donors. The board here is not traditionally a well formed fundraising board, but as that evolves, and it is, teachng addt'l users how to be part of the DonorPerfect team wil go smoothly.

Donna G.

"Great product; great tech support!"

What do you like best?

We have been using Donor Perfect for many, many years and have no plans to switch to something else. The software is well designed, and fairly intuitive. In my opinion, the very best thing about this company is their tech support team! They are really well trained and helpful. There has never been an issue where I could not get the help I needed to accomplish my goal. Chat support is a relatively new addition that is also very helpful for the quick questions.

What do you dislike?

Occassionally there are design issues that require cumbersome work-arounds.

I am the manager of the fundraising department of this private school and am the primary user for reporting on our donors. Being able to easily produce reports on our fundraising efforts and the specific success of our individual fund raisers is very important.

"Great upgrade for Small NPOs"

What do you like best?

Donor Perfect is a great system. With a ton of options for add on, you can pretty much do nearly everything with this system. Since it's all online, you can also access your database from anywhere. Having everything stored in the "cloud" can be very helpful when you're out meeting with a donor and need to pull up their history on the spot. I like the ability to customize the database with our own boxes for information that isn't standard in the system (like employee/student ID numbers). I love the webform templates, as they make it very easy to make custom giving pages for different events and causes.

What do you dislike?

It's not an intuitive system. Reporting, grant tracking, event management, and webforms will all require you to do more training. Their user Knowledgebase is helpful, but it's difficult to navigate at times. Customer service is great, but you have to pay for it. We find that we contact support so often that the paid support is an ideal option. We recognize not all non profits can afford to do that though. Not a fan of having to pay for constant contact either. Our organization uses Azorus, and there is no way to integrate our email system with the DPO system. So any contacts made through Azorus (monthly emails, newsletters, special events, giving tuesday) don't show up in the contacts card in DPO as a result. This is fine if you use and pay for Constant Contact, but it forces you to use a platform that may not be best for your org if you want to track contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anticipate a couple grand for start up costs to roll over your data, and additional costs associated with all the add on features (webforms, constant contact, support and training, auction capabilities, text to give software addition, etc.) The system has a LOT of options to add on, but they will all come at a cost.

We upgraded from Abila Fundraising, so this is a good step without the heafty price tag of Raiser's Edge. Cost is a big factor for a lot of small non-profits. It's a good program for not compromising capability for cost.

russ c.

"Very responsive to customer needs"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect continually asks for and clearly listens to customer feedback. When the client support person does not know the answer to my questions, they reach out to the appropriate department to get an answer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the time it takes to get something changed is frustrating. But they are obviously dealing with the needs of thousands of clients, not just me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have good support, and they listen to the needs of clients. The product is made for non-profits, so we are not neglected

I work for a non-profit which serves the needs of people working to better their lives. DonorPerfect helps us reach out to and monitor contact with individuals, companies, foundations, and governmental agencies which help us in this mission.

Aliyah N.

"I'm required to handle things on DonorPerfect everyday. I've had a really good experience with it."

What do you like best?

What I like best about DonorPerfect is the program's awesome helpline. The people and employees behind the program are so skilled, patient, and helpful. They have made my experience with DP easy.

What do you dislike?

With anything new that you try, you have to figure out how it works. My dislike isn't really anything negative about DP, it's more so that I had to learn the system before it became easy for me to use. At first I was really confused, but that's because I didn't know or understand what I was doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it!

Donations are a big part of non-profit organizations. I like how the DP system can easily keep track and calculate the funds received from each individual campaign or solicitation.

Traci C.

"DonorPerfect has been a great tool and the support you receive is fabulous!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the mobile app and the support given.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any "dislikes". We are fairly new to the DonorPerfect family...but so far, so good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend DonorPerfect. As a smaller non-profit, we are learning and growing and the options offered by DonorPerfect and the support they provide is wonderful.

The way DonorPerfect works makes my job as a fundraiser so much easier. I don't personally use DonorPerfect a lot...my data entry staff uses it everyday. I use the mobile app as I am on the road making donor visits. Our Data Entry employee continues to learn new ways to use the software which makes our program work better. We have been very pleased with the switch to DonorPerfect.

Samantha R.

"Helpful. Easy. Awesome!"

What do you like best?

The staff at DonorPerfect have always been wonderful in helping me understand the system as well as talking me through how to get the information I need in the easiest way possible. The software is easy to use. I like that it is very intuitive and we can customize it to our organization.

What do you dislike?

The events management portion of DPO does not integrate easily with the records. I find that it is not as user friendly or intuitive as the rest of the software.

It helps our organization keep up to date and accurate records of our donors.

Kevin S.

"Flexible and Friendly"

What do you like best?

Customer service is fabulous. They never fail to respond almost immediately. Flexibility is also quite high. I can access all the parameters in the system and create an unlimited number of filters to fit my needs.

What do you dislike?

The interface changes a little too much. Can be a difficult sometimes for lighter users to keep up.

Helps us manage our donors and giving. We are able to track what we receive in gifts and manage our development program. Communication with donors is greatly improved and that consequently has improved giving.

Tamera R.

"Donor Perfect is Great"

What do you like best?

Highly customizable, easy to use, integration to mobile & social media, formulaic fields, moves mgmt system is very good.

What do you dislike?

Reports are not yet as easy to use as they intend - every update improves them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DonorPerfect has been ahead of the industry at every turn for more than two decades. First with a great mobile ap, first to integrate to social media, first to upgrade to Constant Contact, first to be highly customizable. Incredible support, from US based staff who are users - they know how the system is used and they know how to help you. Flat monthly pricing includes everything, no hidden costs. And the owner is determined to not sell-out to Blackbaud.

Moves management is incredibly easy to use, and will help us manage our capital campaign project. The formulaic fields that the user can design and add are incredibly useful. Ease of use is remarkable, and will lead to fewer errors and misuses. Great mobile ap, great integration to social media. Fast responses from staff AND they are database users and know not only their system but others. The conversion from Blackbaud was a breeze.

Stephanie G.

"So Simple and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, donor information is kept in a simple format. Receipting is also really easy with the option to set up automatic receipts. I love when I get an email that someone has donated and been receipted and I didn't even know!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I still have so much to learn about the software.

Tax receipts are easy, done properly and people have been happier with the system. We have an easier way of tracking donors.

Scott K.

"Thorough and Easy to Navigate. Everything you will need!"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect is easy to use. Information is gold! and DonorPerfect allows our staff to compile and retrieve the information we need quickly and efficiently. I am never more than a few clicks away from whatever I need to do or know regarding a client.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike, to this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a donor management system that meets meets the vast majority of your needs at a very competitive price, then DonorPerfect is, well, Perfect! DonorPerfect came highly recommended to my by a highly respected and experienced Development Executive.

Compiling, accessing, managing, and updating donor records.

I have been able to make timely contacts and follow up on important trends and developments.

I have been able to connect donor partners to different projects and campaigns.

Ease in seeing different parts and the whole profile of both individual donors and the whole donation landscape of our organization.

Frank M.

"Donor Perfect Is Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the software. I can add, delete, and arrange fields to suit my organizations needs. When I do need tech support, I get answers quickly and they make certain I understand (not an IT guy).

What do you dislike?

The weakest part of donor Perfect is the reporting. They have made huge strides in the custom reporting options, but it still needs more work. The good thing is the company is aware and they are constantly striving to improve all aspects of the software. The canned financial reports are good, but currently don't have as much flexibility to customize as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend some time exploring and playing with a sample Donor Perfect database. While it is easy to use, it may take some time to understand how each part of it relates to your organization, especially if you are coming from a less flexible system.

As with most donor tracking software, Donor Perfect allows us to track and create gifts and acknowledgements. The flexibility it offers allows us to develop and track statistics relating to the donors that are important to our work.

"Recommended only as an introductory CRM"

What do you like best?

DonorPerfect is very user friendly and very inexpensive. It also contains pretty robust functionality for small non profit organizations or early stage fundraisers, and it is very affordable for those organizations. If you are new to fundraising, this is a great tool for learning.

What do you dislike?

DonorPerfect lacks more robust functionality around reporting and customization. There are a lot of limitations to which reports can be generated automatically and emailed out. There is very limited functionality around generating the same report repeatedly -- each time you generate a report, there is some possibility that the settings may have been changed or accidentally altered since the last time you ran it. This can be extremely frustrating when numbers turn out differently and you aren't sure why. Canned reporting should certainly be built into DonorPerfect so that users can easily re-generate the same exact report with one click.

There is also no easy automatic way to merge duplicates (it basically has to be done manually, the auto merge functionality does not work well). I have run into several glitchy errors like this, for example with doing a mass update on our database that ended up duplicating a few hundred entries for no apparent reason. Issues like this make me question the integrity of this software.

Since we moved from a better CRM to DonorPerfect, this was a downgrade for us. It is indeed much cheaper than our old CRM, but we lost a lot of functionality and now we have to build a lot of reports manually. So for us, there has not been a lot of benefit.

SC M.

"Increase Donor Retention and Communication"

What do you like best?

Donor Perfect allows me to track donor giving and run specific reports that we use yearly to acknowledge donors for their giving. It also allows us to track peaks and lulls in our giving to help us improve/target our giving campaigns. I also enjoy the helpful webinars and online support

What do you dislike?

The report builder could me more straight forward. However, they do have support available by phone and chat that make it easy to seek assistance.

We have increased donor giving and support though the use of Donor Perfect. I am able to answers donor questions on giving and patterns of giving to improve the use of funds raised.

Rhonda G.

"This is my first time using a donor base software, but I like it!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about using DonorPerfect is being able to keep up with our donors, how much they've given and what campaigns they have donate to. I also like that I can send and email or thank you letter straight from DP and don't have to worry about envelopes and postage. But my favorite thing have to be the free webinars that helps a rookie like me.

What do you dislike?

Since this is my first time using it I don't know yet what I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this software

We benefit by being able to keep track of our donors and pledges.

Andrea P.

"Donor Perfect software makes my fundraising efforts more strategic and saves time!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, ability to access from any device anytime, the excellent customer service, and the various report options provided.

What do you dislike?

Running various reports can be tricky if there are a lot of filters needed, but the phone support makes it a breeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Saves time and makes fundraising data easily accessible from anywhere.

With Donor Perfect's weblink software we are better able to customize our online donation pages for the various programs and initiatives for which we seek donations.

UN
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

The reports function. They are easy to customize or build new reports. My favorite report is the Contact Calendar. It keeps our team on task and ensures no donor slips through the cracks. I also like how customizable the solicitation codes are.

What do you dislike?

The vocabulary around contacts is a bit confusing. I wish they used the word "task" instead. I do wish we could add multiple people on to one account (for example businesses where we talk to multiple people).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend a lot of time doing the free webinars and training. For a while I don't think we were using it to it's full capabilities so we have really invested the time to understand the software.

Donorperfect helps us with the implementation of our Donor Relations Plan. It helps us make sure every donor is recieving the right touch points (phone calls, cards, visits, etc).

AI

"Basic intuitive software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for basic tasks like creating new profiles and pulling lists for marketing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to click save whenever I'm adding or editing a profile and I switch tabs within that profile. It should autosave.

Reporting is a bit more advanced and does require some trial and error before getting fully comfortable with it.

It's been very difficult to figure out where our monthly donors reside within the database, the profiles don't seem to have any sort of flag that would note them as being part of a monthly donor campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Has worked great for our small non-profit, would definitely recommend to others!

Donorperfect works as our CRM, our donation log, our volunteer database. It's nice to have all of this in one database.

Emily W.

"Excellent customizable donor management software for small nonprofit"

What do you like best?

Donor Perfect works so well for us because we can completely customize it using the Screen Designer module. We can add new fields as they become relevant, and we can search those fields through reports. We also like the integration with Constant Contact, allowing us to keep all of our lists segmented easily so we can send targeted email communications to different groups. Whenever anyone changes their email or opts out, the Constant Contact > Donor Perfect connection automatically updates for us, so we don't have to manually make the changes. Donor Perfect also has a great form builder tool, to allow us to create web forms easily and quickly. And what we probably like best of all - their incredible support team. I can email them a question if I'm having trouble getting a report to run the way I want, or I can call and almost always get a person on the first ring. Their support team will walk us through any issue, or help us think through how to add new fields, or make changes that will work for us.

What do you dislike?

There is definitely a learning curve to Donor Perfect, but DP seems to make sense intuitively in a way that many other donor databases don't. I would like it to integrate with Mail Chimp, which is what we used to use for email communications, and which is free.

We're growing our fundraising efforts, and using Donor Perfect to keep our staff members up to date on where we sit with different donors, and what the next steps are. We also use it to maintain donor records and add contact reports when we meet with or communicate with our top tier donors.

Learn more about DonorPerfect

DonorPerfect Videos

Learning about DonorPerfect?

* We monitor all DonorPerfect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.