Realm Reviews & Product Details

What is Realm?

Realm is a cloud-based church management solution that combines administration, accounting, and community all in one tool. Users are provided with a mobile app to send messages to community members. The solution provides multiple security layers for financial transactions and registration payments. It allows role-based permissions to limit users that have access to edit financial documents. Realm helps church staff manage their jobs, run reports and accept all types of contributions from community members. Church staff can record and manage contributions via automatic posting of online gifts and donations. Users are able to maintain databases by connecting profiles for individuals, families and businesses. Realm provides automatic data backup to users at regular intervals. Other features include dashboards, self-managed profiles, custom fields, church directory, fund management, batch entry and group rosters. Pricing is per month and is based on weekly attendance. Support is offered via onsite visit, chat, phone and email.

Realm Screenshots

1-27 of 27 total Realm reviews

Realm Reviews

1-27 of 27 total Realm reviews
Technology Architect

"Good Product but Quirks and Congergrational Challenges"

What do you like best?

In general good product to keep your congregation connected. Breakout groups for various teams, small groups (Sunday School) etc. Works on Web, Android and Apple iOS.

What do you dislike?

The children's check-in Kiosk process seems to be way to complicated for the average volunteer that rotates though once a month. Setting up a laptop and maybe an ipad has challenges.

Last I looked the password requirements for the average member were to complex for an older person trying to type on their phone.

Should be able to attach more than one file to a message along with attach a file to reply to a message.

The direct messaging vs group posting seems do do funny things sometimes. Had cases where posts are made but don't get email notificatoin's unless you open app. Email notifications are all turned on.... seems to be quirky.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to do children's check-in, name badge and receipt printing then be very comfortable with needs before committing.

Need to make sure the majority of congregation will actually use the product on a regular basis. If the majority of long time members and new members don't use then it will be in effective. Internal survey's discussions with members, staff and pastors is critical for implementation success.

Church communication, event sharing. Children; check-in and name badge printing. Don't have to print and mail news letters saving related cost and can update make information flow both directions.

"Do Not Use Realm - Do Not Trust Their Sales People"

What do you like best?

We did like the Finance part of the software.

What do you dislike?

Lied to during the sales portion - Said They Had Features They Did Not- Some Feature were 5 YEARS in the making. Features were promised starting in 2015, will not be delivered until 2019 (maybe). Their communication with their customers is horrible. They do not respond to questions and request in a timely manner. Our biggest issue was that they lied to us during the sales process and even after we purchased their solution. I have talked to several churches who have used them and are now switching and investing additional dollars to recover from using this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend looking at other products. While their sales presentation is very nice, you will find out, that a lot of the items they say they have, they in fact do not have. Plus items they have promised to deliver on, have taken 5+ years to develop and still haven't been delivered.

None - They don't deliver on their promises.

"Realm Makes Our Lives Easier"

What do you like best?

Realm is intuitive and easy to use. Our staff love the ability to access Realm from anywhere and on any device. The types of things needed as a church staff member are there, with other functionality being released regularly. The support is top-notch and works through any issue I have with positively and with a wealth of knowledge.

What do you dislike?

There are still some areas that are not as built-out as I would like them to be. For example, there is a space to save files or links within a group. This is really helpful for leadership teams to save meeting minutes or volunteer groups to save training information. However, there is not an ability to organize the files into folders or to sort the files alphabetically. They simply are in a big list, sorted by the date uploaded. While this and other more advanced functionality are not there, ACS is continually seeking feedback on what to change and make better. They have an enhancement request portal where ideas like this can be shared and individuals can vote on what they want to see happen next. This portal allows ACS to see what changes we need, while also allowing the churches to weigh in on what is more important and what is a nice feature to have but that they can wait a bit for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to an implementation specialist or a sales rep to let them know what you are currently doing with the system you have. There are some things that are coming soon that it may behoove you to wait for a few months before changing, to decrease stress on your staff with learning a new system. Or there may be no issues and you can move right away. The support staff is there to help as well, so empower your staff to call them for help - and then monitor the client portal to see what people called about. it is a great feature that allows you to monitor what's going on so you can see what retraining might be needed, without having to be so hands on. If you are the person in charge of the database, use the change as an opportunity to retrain the staff on database best practices, of which ACS can help with, as well as a chance to help your staff help themselves.

Tracking giving is easy in Realm for staff and for the congregation. With the Realm Connect level, the congregation can create their own accounts, see their giving history, and get giving statements. We now are able to send quarterly giving statements within 3 minutes, with little to no cost! And with the integration of online giving, our donations have increased without increasing any staff time in processing giving through an outside vendor. We also were looking for ways to communicate with the congregation better. The Realm Connect level also has an app so that the congregation can see their info via the app, as well as register for events, look up people at the church, and keep in touch with their groups. Realm has a church-wide group with everyone in the database in it. We use the church-wide group to send out all-church events and info. From there, people opt into other smaller groups like our men's group or our soup kitchen volunteer group. They get all the info they need, tailored to their interests. Realm has helped our communication be more targeted and less cluttered, increasing the engagement level of the congregation.

"A Fully Web-Based and Fully Integrated Solution for Your Church"

What do you like best?

I always recommend a church utilize a fully integrated solution. I do realize this increases the "switching costs" for churches that end up wanting to make a change. But I would expect the church to have done a significant amount of work up-front (i.e., before making a change in the first place). A fully-integrated solution reduces overall workload, thereby reducing man hours. Realm, with Vanco online giving, and when paired with Realm Accounting does so beautifully. There is ZERO work to be done for online giving batches, other than checking them off during the bank reconciliation.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see additional dashboards built into the reporting system. Don't get me wrong. I really like the ones that are currently available. As a "finance guy" I would love to see an accounting dashboard that provides a number of customizable sections, such as:

Chart for cash account balances for the past 90 days, six months, year-to-date, etc.

Revenue-expense (with net income) for 90 days, six months, year-to-date, etc.

Pie chart that breaks down expense categories

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ACS Technologies is a people company that sells software. Their heart is to serve the local church. You will get phenomenal support through the entire process, from the first inquiry, to implementation, to years of service down the road. I have honestly answered that I have only used Realm for 1-3 years. It's actually been 2.5 years with Realm, but I have been a customer of ACS Technologies for 18 years. I use their People and Financial Suites in a denominational office and Realm for my church. You will have a very difficult time finding better people to work with.

Realm has provided a great tool for communicating with our people, whether that be the entire church or a specific small group. We have used it numerous times for event registration, which allows people inside and outside the church to register and pay online (if applicable). We also track numerous individuals through the steps of various pathways. This helps us stay on top first- and second-time guests. Even more, it helps us keep track of folks that might have begun fading into the background.

Communications Coordinator

"Realm--A Great Tool for Church Life"

What do you like best?

As a church member, I like being able to control and update my own settings and information. I also find the simplicity of Realm to be very refreshing. Posting to groups, messaging fellow church members--or all the members of my small group, checking out the latest church news and events, or giving my tithes and offerings are logical and super simple--and, with RealmConnect, available wherever I may be!

What do you dislike?

As a Realm administrator, I also love the user-friendly aspects of the RealmConnect app. In addition, I know there a few things that are easier to do or only available on our Realm website and not yet available on the app. I am looking forward to more things being able to be accomplished via the app--for both my role as user as well as administrator.

Discipleship (helping people build relationships) and assimilation (helping people connect) are important parts of belonging to and growing in a church family. Realm pathways, groups, posting and messaging are tools that have helped "give life" to these concepts at our church. I have noticed that as members use Realm, other members are encouraged to participate--and the church family connections continue to grow and flourish.

Next Generation Pastor
Religious Institutions

"Realm is a modern solution to dated Church database software"

What do you like best?

Realm is web based so I’m never away from the information I need and there is no complicated software to install. All of our important church database information is in one place hat I can get to from any browser.

What do you dislike?

There are just a handful of features that I have struggled with. One being registration events. For someone to sign up for an event they have to create and use their realm account. I’ve been told this is a feature that will be updated shortly so outsiders can sign up for events.

I also have had issues with pulling reports. Their queries are powerful but still have limits. I’d give examples but it would get very technical. Basically, I wanted to get some information and their queries made it so I had to see a lot more info than I wanted.

Our biggest benefit from realm is easily accessible information about our church members. It it a fantastic solution for that.

Administrative Assistant
Writing and Editing

"A good product, but still lacking."

What do you like best?

- Easy to learn.

- Accounting and people data in one

- Report building

- Event registration

- Charts, graphs and info queries

- Accounting inquiries

- Easy tracking, simple to use, easy to teach others how to use the system.

What do you dislike?

Cons

- Inability to add graphics to face of emails.

- I would really like to transition financials over but will not do this until payroll module is complete and fully

functional.

- Software errors

- Doesn't store data

- Not always user friendly

- No email trail

- The sidebar navigation takes some getting used to.

- Inability to define user permissions as we want.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When it comes to managing groups, it works really well, it just has a steep learning curve for people that aren't as tech savvy which is the case for a lot of our group leaders. This program is very easy to use and I would recommend it to anyone looking to keep their congregation and church employees in great communication with each other.

The key benefits that I get is being about to create and communicate with GROUPS within our church. I can communicate with them easily and mark attendance for when the groups meet. The communication is quick and effective. Everything in one place. Giving, attendance, directory, and all with mobility. There is unlimited customer support and training. The cost is less than what we had with People Suite!

Communications & Operations
Religious Institutions

"Two weeks in and couldn't be happier! "

What do you like best?

User friendly, cleanliness of design, intuitive. We moved from The City to Realm and are very happy with our choice. "Customized" is the name of the game with Realm; to permissions, titles, groups, queries... everything can be customized to suit our organization and we're very excited.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inability access all of the admin features in the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you get a really clear timeline from the transition team on what to expect with the data transition, down to exactly how the switch will happen, etc. We had a few hiccups when transitioning from The City, like some deleted groups that still showed up, but everything was a very quick fix. The staff is super helpful, and I recommend taking advantage of all the Training materials they offer. They're beginning something called "Realm U", a more digital classroom style training system to help people learn Realm and train others on their team. It's great so far!

Accounting! The ability to merge all expenses, budgeting, income, etc into ONE system is huge for us! We're able to have volunteers have different permissions to access what they need in the accounting area, as well as have overseer capability to just keep things in checks and balances. Along with all of the other pluses of Registration Events, check-in, etc.

Office Administrator
Religious Institutions

"We recently switched to Realm and so far, it has been an easy transition and a positive change."

What do you like best?

Realm is very intuitive and modern, unlike the software we used prior to Realm. It is easy-to-use and reports are quick. I also love that there is an app--makes it so simple to look up contact information from home or away from the office. I also like that with one click from Realm, an email browser opens. So many things to LOVE about Realm.

What do you dislike?

Currently, in the Groups section, members don't automatically drop off when their "term" ends. It's slightly inconvenient and has been reported to the development team, so hopefully this feature will be available in the future. Although this is a negative, the positive is that they are constantly updating and expanding the capabilities in Realm.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recently switched to Realm and the transition was simple. Realm is very intuitive and fast. The customer service is EXCELLENT. Our trainer, Jennifer, was fabulous. I highly recommend Realm. If you are looking for up-to-date technology, Realm is it. Many tasks to change hundreds of records can be done with one click. We look forward to rolling out realm to the congregation. Realm has an app, too--so easy to look up names and addresses when not at the office.

Realm is our church database solution. We can prepare various reports, mailings and documents with just a few clicks.

"Glitchy but has potential"

What do you like best?

The idea of having a closed social network for specific organizations. It has the potentially to organize large groups with ease and security.

What do you dislike?

Many of our users have issues with the program crashing or not loading correctly. Older members of the congregation struggle to access the various groups of which they are a part.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is only worth it if you have such a large organization that the communications and networking has grown beyond email communication.

Streamlining communication, while limiting emails. It is a way to provide information that is not public to a group in a more secure, protected manner.

AR

"Mediocre database for Christian missions"

What do you like best?

The customer service at Realm (ACS Technologies) is pretty great. I find myself in need of assistance quite often with the database and whenever I chat with the service center they are kind and helpful and give me tips, think on the fly, for problems I am experiencing.

What do you dislike?

There are often many required fields while inputting data, for info that I simply do not have access to. Maintaining a list of members without all of the required info would be more helpful for our metrics, while keeping a notification that some members are missing info would help us to reach out and gather that info.

Tracking attendance and interest in various departments of the choice is why we are using Realm. This database tracks our metrics and gives my executive pastor a hint on who is doing what and notifies him when people have missed their normal activities, leading to better individual service and care.

"Handy for Information tracking"

What do you like best?

Integrates basic record keeping, simplifies how staff manages information, tracks member involvement, reviews giving trends, enters contribution records, and more

What do you dislike?

While it is a great program at times it is not user friendly. It can get too complicated with certain record keeping if you are not use to using programs similar to this. Certain functions can give you the run around, sometimes when doing simple tasks (i.e. attendance) you have to go through various tabs to get back to the initial page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have to be good at working with new software. Since it is not always user friendly patience is key. Luckily their customer support line is amazing as well as they have a free trial so you can try it out before having to purchase.

Mainly attendance, updating member profiles and membership management.

I like that I can do most of my work in this particular program instead of having to do multiple programs for simple solutions

AO
(10,001+ employees)

"Realme review"

What do you like best?

I used to work as a TA for the Sunday School classes at a church a while back they had us help out with the tech side of things once in a while as some of the people just didnt really know much about computers and such and this is one of the programs they used. Once I got used to using some of the features it was really nice to work with. Everything is right there and the organization of staff and activities was easy to learn. Honestly I liked being able to use it on my cell phone. Ease of access is great.

What do you dislike?

sometimes when using it , i had issues signing in. I think that was more of a permissions issue though, i dont think it was reflective against the app itself. So I would personally say that I didnt really find anything wrong with it. Now that said, I also didnt have any complaints from other users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We were able to keep staffing and finances both in order by using the app. I did like that the parishioners could use the app as well. I feel like it really brought the congregation together. Everyone I worked with and that I talked to from the people that attended the church said they liked that we could easily keep communication open this way for everyone.

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Love that this program is easy to use and understand. It helps me get information better organizes and keeps it updated. I love too use this program and helps keep me updated in the new things that will be coming to help me get sales.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about this program I don't have any complaints or concern.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I Recommend trying it out as a trial evaluation to see if it works to help keep your work in order and see if it offers all the updates that you need to keep information in order and keep things going quicker and easier.

Realm provides technology and a program that can help get sales and information up to date all in one program. It helps me stay organized according to the information that is needed. I am able to get work get done faster and easier.

"Realm has a lot of features, with more on the way!"

What do you like best?

Realm offers a lot of functions. I love that it is cloud based and can be accessed from anywhere. Being able to see the photo of the church member's profile is also very nice. As a new staff member it allowed me to become better acquainted with church members.

What do you dislike?

Many church members are hesitant to create accounts, I'm not sure why. I wish there was a way to add photos to profiles in a mass update, rather than profile by profile. Lifetouch and PowerChurch plus (a program I have previously used) connect to one another.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a trial run before signing up.

Allows for better database and contribution management. Allows members to access their own giving records as well as making contributions online.

"Realm user"

What do you like best?

Although it was initially developed only for mobile users, the extension version these days also supports Windows OS. It is a two way synchronizing DBMS that can be integrated into other popular DBMS. It is mostly open source coded on Git and uses C++, Java, Javascript, C# for programming support.

What do you dislike?

It is not as user friendly as the other dBMS I have used earlier. One main thing I dislike is that it doesn't allow to add graphic to emails. It also has a few buttons that have multiple functionality which makes you wanna come back to the previous page instead of progressing ahead.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has a good help menu setup. Also it facilitates cloud support which is the highlight for me.

I have used this to manage a simple database at the church.

"Great for Small Church"

What do you like best?

The interface is very easy to use. Custom reports are easy to create. Pricing is appropriate for what you get

What do you dislike?

Not as flexible for multi-site location that are all small congregations -- the multisite license is way to expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try you find it helpful for large and small congregations. The access from any computer is wonderful.

Online way to maintain and access membership information for staff that do not work in a single office.

AI

"Simple, powerful, cool features for ministry"

What do you like best?

I like how Realm added some great features for ministry. They have pathways that let you walk people through discipleship and assimilation stuff. So, it doesn't just let you do the regular church admin stuff, it's got tools for communication, discipleship, and all the finances in one place, which reduces how many solutions our church needs to use.

What do you dislike?

The sidebar navigation takes some getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a tour and talk with a customer rep. It will help you discover all it can do, which might not be immediately evident on your own exploration.

I like how our giving and accounting are all in one. That's a rare feature for a ChMS. It helps us manage all our finances without handling data across multiple platforms.

"Access the ongoing of church in your hand."

What do you like best?

It is helpful and the best thing about REALM is we can know the ongoing things in church just by looking at the mobile screen!

It is a real help to connect to our friends and the community around which we didn't know all these years but because of realm we started knowing them.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing to dislike about it.It is very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go with it!Connect to the church and attend prayer even if you are late or held in traffic!

When I was at office and needed attend prayer but couldn't I just open realm and see and hear the live prayer going on!

Problems can be many but not attending the church is not a problem anymore.

Membership Coordinator

"We love Realm!"

What do you like best?

The ease of data organization is great!!

What do you dislike?

How new Realm is- some problems we’ve had have taken awhile to troubleshoot.

We’re able to connect our parish via Realm and save money by not printing a paper directory.

Store Manager
Wireless

"Realm has been a pleasant experience"

What do you like best?

It is great for communicating with ease.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into anything that I dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If it fits within your budget then it is definitely worth your time. I appreciate how easy the platform is to use and others around me have felt the same way.

Keeping attendance and keeping track of contacts is a breeze.

"Realm is an amazing source for contact keeping, especially in a church setting or large setting."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and function. All of the contacts and addresses are right there in a matter of seconds. This makes communication quite easy, simple, and effective.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit difficult becoming an administrator for the app. We had to call tech support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to seek support when creating administrative persons. However, other than that, be ready to reach contacts at great ease!

We are minimizing use of church directory and creating easy access for members to contact each other.

AR

"Overall helpful tool -- needs some work"

What do you like best?

Realm is great for tracking attendance and generating reports. This is what I use it for primarily.

What do you dislike?

Realm feels a little outdated and can be confusing to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth looking into, but there may be better options.

Good for online giving, tracking attendance and progress, and keeping an E-church directory.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Contributions able to contribute themself and i love how their customer service is helpful they have an online directory where members can add their own pictures.

What do you dislike?

Need a few updates that we are still waiting for, inability to add graphics to face of the email

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would defined recommend realm to everyone its very easy to use

All separate systems are combined into one

"Well done"

What do you like best?

Well done when it comes down to what it is meant for. No complications.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to complain about. Ill let you know if one comes up.

It has many, multiple benefits and atributes that a couple companies i have been employed for seeked in their software.

"Organization could never be better!"

What do you like best?

Ease of step by step programming , organization

What do you dislike?

Formatting from devices; older users are still having issues with it - maybe have a liaison walk employees through?

Case Management

C

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and understand, to the point solutions with less steps, good for communities like churces, schools.

What do you dislike?

Accounting procedures could be shortened,sometimes difficult to understand

Accounting solutions