Filevine

Filevine is online case management that not only organizes your cases, but actively moves them forward.

Work for Filevine?

Learning about Filevine?

Filevine Reviews

Ask Filevine a Question
Showing 10 Filevine reviews
Elliot R.

"Fantastic Case Management With A Bright Future"

What do you like best?

- Customization of fields

- Integrated doc gen

- Quick and personable online chat support. Response time is usually within a minute. They are a very small team so you will get to know them well pretty quickly.

- Constantly updating and getting better. They listen to their customers. I've seen several changes to Filevine that I've requested. This is so important!

What do you dislike?

1) The Activity tab UI (Notes, Task, Emails, Texts) needs an overhaul. Hard to navigate the activity. Always have to manually expand notes that are longer than 2 sentences. You cannot see who a task is assigned to without manually expanding a task. I'd love to have an option to auto-expand notes. It'd be nice if I could see more and decrease the amount of clicking and scrolling.

2) No way to track the editing history of individual fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As an admin, spend a lot of time educating yourself with using Filevine.

- They allow external access to cases. Opens up the possibility of outsourcing work without having to spend a lot of time giving them what they need.

- Reports help me supervise across the firm instead of individual cases.

- We specialize in Personal Injury. If we ever decide to expand outside of Personal Injury, I know I will be able to do it with Filevine.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Filevine
Evan K.

"Great for the mobile lawyer"

What do you like best?

Compared to our old system, Filevine is a dream. It is equally at home on a Mac, PC, iPad, or iPhone. It's not just a repository of information, but helps us move our cases forward.

What do you dislike?

The activity feed could be more easily skimmable (which I understand is in the works), and Filevine really needs a contacts manager (which I think might also be in the works).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Training, training, training. Our staff used our prior system for 20 years, so the switch was painful. It really takes a buy-in by the staff to make a switch like this work.

Keeping cases moving forward, and having a centralized place for all case discussions.

What Legal Case Management solution do you use?

Rolly M.

"The Millennium tool "

What do you like best?

Its user friendly, improvement are constant and they keep consistency with their layout features, which becomes very easy to manage. I like it and will recommended to optimize the time on each case work.

What do you dislike?

I think the options are limited in the med tabs. In order to extend the amount of payments on the lien table, it should allow the user to reflect as many payments as needed on each case.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to update your work style this is a great option.

Its easier to keep track on each case, and wvery easy and visual mode in the very first approach.

Alan L.

"Perfect for PI practice"

What do you like best?

Unlimited reports and templates catered to my practice.

What do you dislike?

Would like some tweaks to the meds tab - total of initial balances automated, frex.

Reports are big help in supervising attorneys and staff

"Customization to make it the perfect fit for your firm"

What do you like best?

We love that we can customize it to meet our needs and make changes ourselves instead of having to wait for someone to do it for us.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Any anything that we wish was better they usually get to it pretty quickly!

It helps make sure we aren't missing any deadlines and keeps everything together for each client. We also love the reporting capabilities!

UF

"Good Software for Law Practice"

What do you like best?

I like being able to text clients within Filevine. The setup itself, is pretty self explanatory, which is nice for a first time user.

What do you dislike?

Contact information is in an additional tab, rather than being upfront, which would make it easier. Copy and pasting can sometimes be a task for some reason. FV will wipe what I've copied and the only place I can't paste it is into someone's case file.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at other software. Nothing wrong with Filevine, per say. It could just be better.

Filevine is a nice way to keep things organized.

User in Law Practice

"Helpful but needs some improvements "

What do you like best?

The structure is helpful for multiple uses to keep up to date on client files.

What do you dislike?

Some steps to add files are unnecessary and tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is helpful for case management.

It is much easier for all the staff members to access what is going on with different cases when a client calls and needs immediate assistance with something and the usual person on the case is out of the office.

Rip A.

"great product"

What do you like best?

Constant product improvement. Gets better every day.

What do you dislike?

Need a priority system for tasks. There's no way to separate the important stuff from the day to day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product really works for plaintiff lawyers. It is also constantly improving. I can promise you that whatever random things you might not like when you start will be fixed soon.

Better and more efficient communication between me and my paralegal and secretary.

User in Law Practice

"Great software for Legal Applications"

What do you like best?

Ability to text clients; in the past we had to handle everything via a phone call but now we can text for simple issues.

What do you dislike?

No organization, everything is just entered in a date fashion; hard to search for previous entries unless hashtagged with uniform titles.

It has cut down on a lot of needless phone calls to/from clients as we can now communicate via text.

"Pretty Good Software"

What do you like best?

The social media outline. user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Emails are added to the notes instead of a separate tab.

Easier communication with the clients. Also keeps are files clean and neat.

Learning about Filevine?

* We monitor all Filevine reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.