Mindbody Reviews & Product Details

Mindbody Overview

What is Mindbody?

Mindbody business management software elevates your customer experience—from the moment they find you on our app to their next visit. Catch their eye with automated promotions (like intro offers) and personalized email/text campaigns. Get them in the door faster with online booking and scheduling. Then, track your sales and their progress with advanced reporting. Building your brand? Make your own custom app, filled with all your services and deals. You can even collect reviews and reward your most loyal clients for referring their friends. Simplify your day, save time, and give your clients the attention they deserve. Schedule your free demo today.

Mindbody Details

Business management software for health, wellness and beauty industry

Mindbody
2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
@askmindbody
1,601 employees on LinkedIn®

Mindbody Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Mindbody community
Have you used Mindbody before?

Mindbody Reviews

Showing 341 Mindbody reviews
Already have Mindbody?
What do you like best?

I like that Mindbody is something that my clients have been using and are familiar with, that there is a way for people to discover my studio through their user app, leading new clients who are searching within the area to my studio. Generally, as they are used to Mindbody, they know how to book classes with us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult Mindbody is for clients who aren't used to the site. I dislike the interface on the phone being not only different than the app, but the functions that are available aren't the same - for example, I can't sell my Private Sessions on the app without allowing clients to book themselves first, but on the site you can buy without booking. The interface has a lot of functions, but it is not as straight-forward on the back end so I have had to call customer service quite a bit to help with fixes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please note that especially since COVID that customer support has gone down. You used to get someone directly, but now calls are rerouted to an out-sourced place first and only after wasting time with them do the redirect you back to who you should have talked to in the first place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of a booking system and a POS with Mindbody. I have the benefit of this being an all in one system, rather than having two separate accounts with two separate platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Experience Coordinator
What do you like best?

Mindbody takes user feedback very seriously and is constantly updating its system to better fit our needs. Updates usually take place outside of business hours, so they do not really affect you, but the day after, the system will run you a tutorial on how to make the best out of its new update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the layout of it looks. At times it is not very user friendly, but this may be because of all of the features Mindbody has. Regardless, it looks very old school and could be improved. It does get easier to use with time though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The more you use it, the easier it is to accommodate all of the features mindbody has to offer. When training someone to use the system, it is best to show them tips and tricks, but let them learn on their own, since it can be a bit overwhelming and confusing to navigate if youre completely new. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can see what sales are made every day, and how they are made. This makes it easier to see if customers prefer to purchase things from their end, which deals they are getting the most use of, and what keeps them coming back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I was able to set up auto pay. This is the only attribute that we could use efficiently. To put this into context, we paid for an onboard technician who worked with us for months. Our end result was an inefficient platform that was NOT meant for a dance studio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Where so I start? The fact that each account is email based is archaic and ridiculous. Our dance families may have siblings, or may take adult classes. Each Mindbody member must have their own email address and if the parent has a pre-existing Mindbody account for another service such as a yoga studio, then the wheels begin to fall off the wagon pretty much from the get go. The simple inability to see each child's programs under 1 account, made Mindbody useless to our studio. Their registration / contact template was not comprehensive enough to meet our requirements so we had to plug in Jotform, which created another time-consuming redundancy for us. Not to mention the thousands I spent on an onboard SPECIALIST only to have to vet their work months later and undo months of work due to the fact that DANCE is not an industry Mindbody is built for to begin with. My employee was told point blank it was a perfect fit and was sold a lie; a very costly lie. We cancelled Mindbody within the first 12 months of using it.Not 1 individual reached out to help us or help fix the trainwreck because they do not care. In fact they have been clawing money from me for months due to a technicality; and all I wanted was to cancel my account. The technicality BTW was the fact that they "needed" us to cancel with the original email we had used to open the account. The original email we opened the account with no longer exists; it had been retired. Despite Mindbody receiving our current email and responding to said email address, they wasted precious time and money clawing back extra months of payments that would have been cancelled already. The last straw which has led me to this review was an additional payment they have taken out of my account a week ago. We tried to cancel our account in May. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have chosen a more intuitive platform which IS made for dance families and are very happy with our new system called Amilia. We are a Canadian dance school located in Toronto and using a Canadian company has been another great idea. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There was only one good thing about MindBody - the person who was permitted to train me for all of 60 minutes on their system. She was amazing, but you were not allowed to talk with her after the training unless you paid and you likely wouldn't be able to speak with the same person. That is... if you can get someone on the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

99% of MindBody was the worst, most awful experience. They will not talk to you on the phone after you are "sold" the product. Wait times are over 4 hours and if it doesn't land during their open hours, then you don't get a call back and get to try again the next day and the next while your business just suffers. You have to pay for additional training so you are expected to know their software after 60 min of training, which is impossible. Their software is difficult and not easy to use. When I asked the person who trained me for help me understand why the branded web wasn't working, she tried to help and was unsuccessful and then told me I needed to reach out to the main line because I would need to pay for help. When I went to cancel after never receiving a response for weeks, they still won't call you back and want to charge you for another month and make the process difficult. I've asked to talk with a manager, and still nothing. Only emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. I am only trying to solve the problem of getting out from under them without too much damage to my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

What I don't like overrides what I do like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They over sell and underdeliver. Rope you in to the highest level of service and leave you hanging. Paying 230.00 a month and they downgrade their CS availability during covid but offer nothing to the clients. Why pay for 24 hour service when it's no longer available. It's been hard on eveyone. My business is now closing for many reasons. I can no longer afford MB for one and they wanted to charge me 300.00 to pull the reports. Shocking.

I was sent an email on how to do something and two weeks later we still can’t not get it to work. Rubbish...support team say it’s out of their scope. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Run like your hairs on fire. Unless you have a small team of tech minded people to help you set it up and integrate it don’t do it. Cost the earth and hasn’t paid any dividends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I have had override the benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Operations
What do you like best?

The easy access to class lists, member profiles, and sales information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mindbody has been glitching a lot recently and messing with members' membership information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great for class, membership, and sales management! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mindbody has the large benefit of easily serving membership-oriented services with easily-accessible information/features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

MINDBODY is great for individuals who attend multiple gyms, facilities, spas, etc. The member app is nice designed and simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've used the Business App at several different Business. Both the Web and Mobile App are tricky to use. As an employee, it's hard to schedule my time easily and to coordinate my schedule across multiple businesses. I wish I could also export/sync my schedule to my personal calendar of choice.

The Web interface for members and clients as all the information and functionality you could ever need, but sometimes trying to figure out how to do something can be tricky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use it. However, it will take some time to learn and set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Providing a unified tool / member experience for the business clients. New members walk in with familiarity of MINDBODY from other places and so explaining to them how to schedule classes is generally easy and quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Mental Health Technician
What do you like best?

Mindbody is great! I have used it as a customer and as a teacher. Scheduling class as a customer is so easy and viewing available classes is simple. As a teacher putting in my attendance for classes and seeing my class schedule is also simple and easy to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes find it difficult to see set up an account for other studios to be a customer not a teacher Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Scheduling made simple. Also the sales reps are wonderful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just the ease of scheduling and the ease of doing attendance has been good for me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to see my work schedule for the day, and what time I have clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if I didn’t have to sign in and out to see my schedule for different locations since I work at two different location for the same company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool to keep your schedule and clients organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is so much easier to stay on top of things rather than relying on older scheduling methods and reminds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

The main dashboard page is super easy to use. It is really easy to navigate and find what you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish it was easier to make online forms for new members to fill out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend it regardless of the size of your facility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a web based system that all employees can access from any device. Also a simple cost effective way to manage our facility and its members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy the easy layout of mindbody. Its very easy to set up and guides you through a checklist to set up your business. You have the option to upgrade mindbody as your business begins to grow. It also helps you keep track of your setup progress. It provides you with video instruction on how to complete certain task. For example how to create a staff login and etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some things I don't enjoy about mindbody are fine details like paying for a membership with cash. When I set up new members the program likes to have a card linked to every account. So paying for a new membership in cash is almost in possible. Another thing that is a pain is when other accounts share a relationship with a paying member, it doesn't record visits which makes it difficult when you have a job that counts your visits as a reimbursement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a small business this is a great website that will keep you organized. Its more helpful than any other programs I've used. It definitely worth trying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mindbody has made it easy to track sales. I am able to see what items have been purchased and what was deposited for the day. It keeps us very organized. Also I am able to see what members have expired credit cards. I can also go back to previous months to see older transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Mind body makes it so easy for those around you to see what all is available and for users to see what is available and scheduling it makes it super easy to put in payment and to schedule things that you want it also has offers within it so you can see that you were getting the best deal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside of using mind-body is that you are not visiting specific websites so you may miss out on certain updates but typically it is the most up-to-date thing that you can get even when it comes to substitutions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mind body makes it easy to update schedules and offers that may be going on around you alerting everyone through a means of a media that they might not see otherwise Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You are able to see all of the classes near you and all of the teachings in best deals for group fitness packages you are always up-to-date with the most current things going on around you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I think the best thing about Mind Body Online is the company's broad presence in public. I was a customer using this app for a long while before I needed to use it, and I know that for clients it's simple for booking classes and safe to use. It's more commonly known that other competitors such as Fresha. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The whole thing is so unintuitive to use. I used to work in video editing so I'm used to navigating software but I still had to do 3x 2hr training sessions on this, and that was just to learn how to create a simple yoga time table and allow them to choose different pricing options. I can tell that there are so many more features than what I use but the training required to do the simplest thing really puts me off from learning all of that.

For clients it's easy for them to find classes but harder for them to find appointments, and enrollments aren't even available on the public app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like to be able to zoom out further in the appointments calendar.

I would like to see the public app restructured so they find the appointments much more easily.

I would like for customers to be able to enroll onto multiday programemes online.

I would like it all to be easier to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's handy to be able to offer a number of pricing options for each event so we can discount for members, students etc. Creating different pricing types helps us to learn more about customer trends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Media Planner
What do you like best?

MINDBODY is a one-stop-shop for everything health/fitness related. It pulls in various studios, gyms, workout classes, etc. and even syncs with your existing memberships. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once you book a class, you can't go back and "add the event to your calendar". A message pops up every time you book a class, asking if you want a reminder to sync with your iCal and if you do not click Yes at the time, you have to cancel then re-book the class and select Yes then. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are interested in health/fitness and are looking for an easy way to track classes, this is for you! I've used it for work-related events that we've done and have always received positive feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is helping me track my classes and historical workouts at many different gyms, and tracks all the classes I've taken (by name). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The software for the most part is easy to learn and use. I’m not sure if this is because I’ve gotten used to it, but I like it. I like that you can have membership plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although the main things are simple to do, there are multiple little kinks that you need to know, and it makes it pretty tedious to train someone. I don’t like that members cannot automatically update their own credit cards on their Booker account. I have to call over one hundred of them every month to update their payment information and that is very time-consuming. Also, our membership plan recently just didn’t rollover benefits when we set them up to last month. They are looking into why this happened and are working with us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find someone to update the credit care information for the membership plans every month. Or use an app or another system to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy way to keep track of accounts and memberships. Not a bad POS system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

JJ PilatesXercise:Contrology System of Fitness & Studio Operations Consultant
Health, Wellness and Fitness
What do you like best?

I love how MBO (OMSoft) has been there spanning my entire Pilates career; as a studio owner, consultant, teacher, and bodyworker. MBO software differentiates me as the service provider from the consumer, legitimizing my operations, stabilizing growth, and is a sure-safe terminal to conduct business and collect full market value for my services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The BEST of MBO is now, whereby I could have benefited massively during the growth and prime of my Pilates career. I had grown to attain an original large group studio providing Pilates, Cycling, and Bodywork. An early brick building the industry, manually serving and didn't get to benefit from. automation and marketing ease as Mindbody has powered in the now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend MBO to Boutique Wellness Studios where Mindbody IS leading on the edge with adaptive software positioned to serve and support the sport-spa-beauty industries, carrying us to the consumer. Metrics matter to power operations. MBO is a clear choice to get current with commerce or stay antiqated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At the most basic level, I have one trusted place to house my clients, control my schedule and sell my time for whichever value I allocate for my services. MBO wraps its automation capabilities around my way of doing business. MBO also teaches me how to utilize leading-edge marketing in their updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great for sharing videos, but there is a limit to how much you can store
Mindbody
Office Manager
What do you like best?

i like that they have both a mobile app and a desktop version you could use. those companies that run off ipads, this is a giant necessity. mobile app is 10000000x better faster than desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i don’t like how the desktop website version has connectivity issues and there are tiny bugs in the app and website that aren’t solvable in the help forum. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the FAQ and customer support if you need help. They’re great in that department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mind body does what it needs to do. Make appointments, take payments, holds client info. The mobile version is very convenient, if you travel to events you could do everything from your phone. Even take payments! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Studio Manager
What do you like best?

I love the personal experience. Every person who has helped my through my issues has been amazing. We have an awesome Rep who is always there to solve problems. As we know technology is challenging and I have found it so helpful to have someone to call for advise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mindbody is an intricate system and hard to learn. Now that I have made it over the hump it is easier to understand. Still challenging. My least favorite problem is having to exit out of my screen hundreds of times a day while in the middle of completing projects. Happens all the damn time!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep at it , you'll get it. As Jonathan Govsner of Mindbody advised me " give yourself 6 months" And I am so glad I did. Thanks Jonathan Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving problems every day and many benifits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I like that MindBody has a user-friendly app for both the business and the consumer. It's seamless to schedule client, take payments and showcase services on the go. It integrates to the web pretty well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A blessing and curse of this software is the massive abundance of features, options and customizations available for the business to implement. Sometimes it is overwhelming and makes simple tasks very complex. This has its pros, but definitely can take over the experience at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We are happy with our use of MindBody and recommend it to others who run a fitness facility or appointment/class-based business. If your business has several services, options, pricing plans and staff members, this can be a vital asset to running a well-organized business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TIME. MindBody helps our business save time in scheduling, re-scheduling, billing and fulfilling customer service inquires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

MINDBODY really simplifies and makes more enjoyable the process of exploring different classes, studios, and other fitness-related things. Before, exploring nearby classes and facilities seemed so daunting and time-consuming, but MINDBODY changed that. The app is also incredibly user-friendly and easy to navigate. It gives users total freedom and flexibility in booking classes. The search filters are super handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to complain about with MINDBODY, though I may propose the option to track activity without necessarily tracking calories burned. Of course some people definitely want to do that, but it would be nice to have an option to not see that for certain people (i.e., people who have had eating disorders). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I spent so much time wanting to try different classes and studios and spa services, but I was always overwhelmed by sites like yelp and google that wouldn’t really let you filter those around you to fit your needs/preferences. MINDBODY has definitely relieved almost all of that anxiety and stress and has allowed me to prioritize my wellness and be adventurous! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Coordinator
What do you like best?

MINDBODY is an all in one software for business management. Everything is in one place it’s so great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the back end is not user friendly. I posted a new workshop and it took 4 weeks to appear on the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be serious and make time going through the onboarding process. And be nice to the person thats onboarding you, they work really hard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits are the review. We’re solving the retention Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nanny
What do you like best?

I love how integrated MINDBODY is! There are so many different companies listed and so many different options to get involved in through this app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet found anything specific that I don’t like! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!! I have become so much happier because I am getting out there and taking classes that I LOVE and meeting some great people all thanks to how easy this app makes it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m able to get involved in activities I love in a very easy way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Mindbody is super user friendly. It’s very easy to navigate around in the app as I check my students in to their yoga classes. I like that there are two versions of the app as well - a simple “student check in” version that is straightforward. And a “business” version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was an easier way to clock in for those of us working “shifts.” Maybe a button “clock in / clock out” when we’re signed into our own accounts vs signing in under manager and then going to manager tools and then typing in a code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes it so easy to account for the people who come to our yoga classes and adding services and products to each person’s shopping cart is very straight forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.